Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dagnamit

Real Name Dagnamit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 30, 2011, 02:52
Total Comments 630 (Apprentice)
User ID 56435

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Gears of War 4 Released
9. Re: Gears of War 4 Released Oct 11, 2016, 23:50 Dagnamit

Xero wrote on Oct 11, 2016, 21:01:
Man that game looks so mediocre, I can't believe it has spawned 3 sequels.

I got banned from Polygon for implying the 9.0 given to it from the review was part of some quid pro quo arrangement, and I'm not even a #gamergate guy. Big time releases are ALWAYS showered with 9/10, 9.0, 9.5! These games are essentially shovelware that's guaranteed to make a profit because of name recognition and the install base. Cover shooters? In 2016? Jesus. PC Gaming Master Race 4 Life.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Oct 4, 2016, 22:15 Dagnamit

Steam has SOMA on sale at 60% off, or $11.99. YOINK! Insta-buy.  

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
5. Re: Sunday Interviews Oct 3, 2016, 08:03 Dagnamit

ViRGE wrote on Oct 3, 2016, 00:54:
Cutter wrote on Oct 2, 2016, 19:22:
Yeah, so in the next 25 years when people are jacking directly into VR ala Neuromancer/Snow Crash you really think people are still going to be interested in Minecrap?
Yes. It's groundbreaking in a way that only a handful of games ever could be. It's the forebearer of a whole new genre in gaming. There will be newer versions of it, but even 25 years from now someone is still going to be playing the classic version of it for fun, just like we do Super Mario Bros.

And Blue, it's still selling $1M/day, not counting the DLC. MS will easily book $350M+ in revenue this year on Minecraft (though obviously not all of that is profit).

MS wants it to be the killer app for their AR headset, and they might be right. It's already the best app for VR headsets, imo, with the possible exception of Elite.

News Comments > Portal/Half-Life Movie News Nears?
8. Re: Portal/Half-Life Movie News Nears? Sep 29, 2016, 11:14 Dagnamit

ForgedReality wrote on Sep 29, 2016, 11:09:
Gonna suck. Videogame movies are just a terrible idea altogether. There has never been a good one made.

While there may not be any good video game movies, there are a few that are not bad. Mortal Kombat, for example

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: he walked away from it, so it was perfect landing Sep 27, 2016, 21:28 Dagnamit

So, in other words, the front fell off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgrX7uOZqHI

This comment was edited on Sep 27, 2016, 21:34.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Sep 27, 2016, 21:24 Dagnamit

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Sep 27, 2016, 20:19:
Hyper Light Drifter is a really fun indie 16-bit-ish ARPG. Highly recommended if you're into that sort of thing. Very unique in it's presentation and gameplay.

All of this. You'll know if you're into by the time the intro is done. The art and music are sublime, the gameplay is fast and challenging.

News Comments > Hitman Episode 5 Released
2. Re: Hitman Episode 5 Released Sep 27, 2016, 12:12 Dagnamit

nin wrote on Sep 27, 2016, 10:38:
Allright! The Redneck Truther episode!

Tempted to buy this for catharsis. Dispense some righteous justice.

"Where's my birth certficate?" BLAMMO!!
"Did I hear you say 9/11 was an inside job?" KABOOM!
"Damn right, they took yer jerb" POP!

News Comments > Oculus Facing Political Backlash [Updated]
83. Re: Op Ed Sep 24, 2016, 13:22 Dagnamit

LibertyOrDeath wrote on Sep 24, 2016, 13:01:
OMG,you mean someone could have views different than the left-wing computer geeks of the intraweb?Say it isn't so! How about supporting a crook, liar, and God knows what else--Killary?

Example how most on the left answer opposition! RACIEST! There you have it!

The whole point of this is that there's no opposition, no ideas, NOTHING. It's a dearth of ideas. He's just spouting stuff straight from the white power handbook. It's not policy, it not ideas. This was not the case in 2012. Romney talked about ideas. McCain talked about ideas. Even Sarah fucking Palin talked about ideas and policy. There is nothing to debate here. He hasn't told us anything about what he intends to do other than to build a wall, which is the stupidest fucking idea in history. I will GLADLY debate an idea or a policy I will NOT debate on whether someone that says racist things is racist. You are asking me to ignore reality and I will not do that.

News Comments > Oculus Facing Political Backlash [Updated]
68. Re: Oculus Facing Political Backlash [Updated] Sep 24, 2016, 09:57 Dagnamit

Ulster wrote on Sep 24, 2016, 09:08:
Slick wrote on Sep 24, 2016, 08:30:
Ulster wrote on Sep 24, 2016, 08:24:
Slick, you are definitely in one side of my 33% statement. You are just as bad as the people that you hurl crap at on the other side.

I see a wall of Blah Blah in your post, that started by passively aggressively calling the other side racists.

Like I said...this shit's gotta stop at some point.

Where did I call people racist? Trump IS a racist, he shouts it loudly and proudly, have you ever heard him speak? I'm not putting words in his mouth. Reporting verbatim on things a politician has said (repeatedly) is not somehow stooping to their level.

That's a bullshit comparison and you know it.

When people find the quality of racism to be an endearing quality in a candidate, guess what? They're probably racists.

And if you can't even be bothered to read what's being said, you really have nothing to gain by commenting on it.

Oh, I read it. Ironically I didn't have to read far at all: first two sentences: "It's really because the president for the last 8 years has been (half) black. That's really it"

That is calling folks racist and you know it. Like I said, you're no better than the other guys. Keep throwing the fire bombs.

Who's being passive? Trump supporters are racist, or at least, complicit with Trump's racism, which is obvious because I've heard him speak words that came out of his own mouth (I don't know why this point needs to emphasized every goddam time).

Give it up Slick. People that watch Fox News and listen to right-wing radio think (have been told, is more accurate) that there some gigantic left-wing propaganda machine, the equal of what exists on the right. This is the classic Karl Rovian tactic of blaming your opponent of the exact thing that you are doing. Listen up guys, there is no left-wing Fox News or Rush Limbaugh. There is no counterweight on the left that exists that pushes a liberal agenda as aggressively as right-wing media pushes the conservative agenda. It doesn't exist. You'll laugh and you'll point and give me the names of a dozen media outlets that prove me wrong, but you'd be incorrect. The vast liberal media conspiracy doesn't exist. It's in your head.

News Comments > Star Citizen Examined
8. Re: Star Citizen Examined Sep 23, 2016, 11:11 Dagnamit

Ravor wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 10:20:
Here we go again!

No kidding. Let me know if development stops. Then I will care. Far as I can tell, progress is still being made, albeit, slowly, but lots of games have a 6 or 7 year development cycle and are a helluva lot less ambitious.

News Comments > Tyranny Video Diary
8. Re: Tyranny Video Diary Sep 22, 2016, 15:40 Dagnamit

I read the title of this post differently... that would be a hell of a diary.  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
19. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Sep 18, 2016, 09:23 Dagnamit

VaranDragon wrote on Sep 18, 2016, 08:41:
Dagnamit wrote on Sep 18, 2016, 08:08:
Wow guys. I'm only commenting on the importance of the rule of law. There are bad laws, there are good laws, and consistent application of the law is necessary for the system to function. It's like some of you didn't even read the whole post. Christ.

Your original comment can be summed up with: "People got to do the time". Kinda simplistic don't you think?

Tell me who is going to do the time and take the responsibility for the NSA trampling all over the constitution and the rights of the citizens of the USA?

It most certainly is.

We all will, but that's the government we elected. I want the current system changed as much as anyone, but scrapping the founding principles of the country and the rule of law is no way to go about it. So yeah, people gotta do the time. Like I said though, Snowden broke the law and needs to go to jail. He also needs a pardon, which I would give in a heartbeat at the end of my term, t'wer I in Obama's shoes.

17. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Sep 18, 2016, 08:08 Dagnamit

Wow guys. I'm only commenting on the importance of the rule of law. There are bad laws, there are good laws, and consistent application of the law is necessary for the system to function. It's like some of you didn't even read the whole post. Christ.  

5. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Sep 17, 2016, 19:23 Dagnamit

nin wrote on Sep 17, 2016, 13:26:
Dagnamit wrote on Sep 17, 2016, 13:23:
Gotta think that if he didn't run to Russia he'd be in line for a pardon.

He'd be in the same boat as Chelsea Manning if he'd stayed.

Perhaps, but like Manning, he deserves jail time. He also deserves a pardon. Chelsea Manning was active duty at the time of her crime. That's a whole different kettle of fish. She also deserves a pardon or at least a commuting of the sentence, but people gotta do time, or the law (even shit laws) mean nothing.

1. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Sep 17, 2016, 13:23 Dagnamit

On the one hand, he did his country a great (though illegal) service. On the other hand, he ran to Russia.

Gotta think that if he didn't run to Russia he'd be in line for a pardon. I would probably do it because sometimes to government needs to lose, but fuck man, Russia? Russia?! C'mon...

News Comments > BioShock Remastered Fixes
14. Re: BioShock Remastered Fixes Sep 17, 2016, 08:59 Dagnamit

ZeroPike1 wrote on Sep 17, 2016, 08:40:
Legit question here, Is Bioshock 2 a decent game? I played Bioshock 1, 2 times through and loved it. I watched Jim Sterling go on about how much better 2 is. I have access to 2. Is it a better game then 1?

It's kinda become a trendy cult classic. Once people got over how it's not like BioShock 1, storywise, they realized that's it the best shooter of the 3. As in, it has the best combat system.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 16, 2016, 08:27 Dagnamit

Task wrote on Sep 15, 2016, 21:29:
12GB on that sucker? Jeebus.

can't really have any other amount, perhaps 9GB, but that's unlikely. Also, no way it's normal GDDR5 when the 1080 has GDDR5X.

News Comments > Dean Hall's New Multiplayer Game
13. Re: Dean Hall's New Multiplayer Game Sep 14, 2016, 16:48 Dagnamit

Verno wrote on Sep 14, 2016, 15:10:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Sep 14, 2016, 14:50:
My personally most hated developer. He not only messed DayZ up (given, after creating it), but he also messed ArmA 3 up, maybe even the whole future of that franchise.

What did he do to ArmA 3? Or just his general fucking around with Bohemia affected it?

As was stated previously, Dean Hall hasn't worked on DayZ since 2014, so the fact that game is still in such a state falls pretty squarely on Bohemia at this point. Though they did release ARMA 3 in a decent condition (for them, at any rate. which is to say doesn't make your computer shit itself).

His studio's first game is actually a VR title, Out of Ammo, that has gotten excellent support all through early access and is being prepped for a 1.0 release as we speak. It's nothing like the scope of DayZ or AAA games in general, but they've been transparent and open to suggestions from players along the way. Overall, if that's the way this place will develop games, then they should be fine.

News Comments > Steam Review Changes to Fight Fraud
5. Re: Steam Review Changes to Fight Fraud Sep 13, 2016, 10:31 Dagnamit

yeah, whatever. The only time I look to steam reviews is to check on how the game functions, not on whether it's good or not in some rando's opinion.

How is giving a free key away to people any different than what the larger devs give to big-time gaming publications? A free game and early access. Is it intended to be a quid pro quo? No, but making it easy to review games sure helps with review scores. That's how the system functions. Steam reviews might have served to level the playing field in that regard.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Sep 7, 2016, 22:23 Dagnamit

Rhialto wrote on Sep 7, 2016, 22:07:
Everyone seems to think it's fake when you read the comments... I know many like to call everything fake but what's your opinion? I have no idea.

She was intended to hit the drone.

1) for what possible purpose could the drone have been sitting in that spot with the camera pointed at the girl? the answer is, to get the best shot of the ball hitting the drone.

2) the girl is excitedly screaming, " I hit it! I hit it!" as if she's been trying to do just that for a WHILE. Someone call CPS.

3) the drone sits in the same spot for about 2 seconds after it was hit and the "rotor arm" falls off, and then is quite clearly guided to the ground.

Fake

630 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo