Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dagnamit

Real Name Dagnamit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 30, 2011, 02:52
Total Comments 625 (Apprentice)
User ID 56435

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Path of Exile: Breach Announced
5. Re: Path of Exile: Breach Announced Nov 21, 2016, 15:46 Dagnamit

Darks wrote on Nov 21, 2016, 12:35:
When I first saw the title I was like dammit, do I need to go in and change my password again? Was glad to see that this is an add on and not a real breach in their security.

Coming in 1Q 2017:

Path of Exile: Breach: Breach! Featuring all-new MACROTRANSACTIONS. Free skill-ups for every $500 of diesel fuel bought in Western Texas.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > EVE: Valkyrie for Vive Released
2. Re: EVE: Valkyrie for Vive Released Nov 17, 2016, 21:48 Dagnamit

$60?!?!

LOOOLOLOLOLOLOL. I love VR man, but holy hell, no, just no.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 10, 2016, 20:08 Dagnamit

Saboth wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 20:02:
Yeah, Trump's not a fan of consumer protection laws or agencies. Problem is, the "free market" only works where there is competition, and broadband has virtually no competition for many Americans. This presidency is going to be terrible for pretty much anyone that isn't already mega rich. Expect to see some draconian legislation that makes SOPA or PIPA look like child's play slammed through at some point. Americans really F'd up this time. I don't care how "shady" or "unlikeable" Hillary was. Trump's going to put a hurting on everyone except corporate interests.

And net neutrality/protect the internet was a topic that could have really helped the Dems this time around and they left it alone. Young people care more about the internet and the thing connected to it more than almost anything else. Frame the issue as if losing puts it's very existence under threat and they'll be excited to vote for you. Hopefully the don't miss the opportunity again.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 1, 2016, 11:32 Dagnamit

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 1, 2016, 10:35:
https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2016/10/26/youth-adjacent

The switch looks like a stinker.

It may be a stinker, specs-wise, but if they price like they should, $200.00, then I'll be buying one. I think that $250 is probably going to be the number though. Nintendo needs to lower the bar of entry to play their, mostly excellent, 1st party games. hell, i'm even glad they are going the flash memory route for their games. faster loading times please! We'll see if they drop the ball and try to price the console with $150 tablet specs for $300.

News Comments > Obduction VR Released
3. Re: Obduction VR Released Oct 31, 2016, 21:07 Dagnamit

Kxmode wrote on Oct 31, 2016, 20:59:
Slick wrote on Oct 31, 2016, 20:01:
No idea why 3rd party companies are releasing products only on the (as of right now) inferior VR solution.

It is possible the "inferior VR solution" has easier API tools.

Truth, Oculus API tools are greased with cash and the blood of virgins and firstborn children.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
9. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 28, 2016, 09:08 Dagnamit

If you live by a Microcenter, they are closing out baseline last model MBP 13" w/ retina for $1,099.99. That's a fucking outrageous deal, considering the new ones are suspect and freakin' expensive. Get 'em while they last.

News Comments > Uwe Boll Ending Film Career
13. Re: Uwe Boll Ending Film Career Oct 26, 2016, 13:02 Dagnamit

Kajetan wrote on Oct 26, 2016, 12:50:
Beamer wrote on Oct 26, 2016, 12:14:
But they weirdly made him enough money to do other movies, all of which look stupid but most critics seem to find less stupid than the video game movies.
His video game movies did NOT make money. They dont had to. Boll used a german tax loophole, where investors could write off large sums when they invest something in a movie. The movie had to be produced and released to gain from this, but in no way it had to make money in itself. The tax relief was the goal, not the movie making any money. And as this loophole was closed ... Boll stopped churning out video game movies, did nothing for a while, than made two films with his own money, tried several crowdfunding projects (none reached its funding goal) and now he's FINALLY done with terrorising the world with his "movie making".

Are you saying that a movie could make more money if it bombed? Excellent, I've been working on a script, it's called Springtime for Chris Roberts... guaranteed bomb.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Horizons: The Guardians Released
7. Re: Elite Dangerous Horizons: The Guardians Released Oct 26, 2016, 10:35 Dagnamit

Bundy wrote on Oct 26, 2016, 10:11:
I picked up an Oculus last week and just tried this last night. Not sure I can ever play it on a standard monitor again. It's pretty awesome.

Welcome to awesome land, sir. Great to have you.

An aside to the VIVE users. This new update + SteamVRs version of asynchronous timewarp (which you can get by opting into the beta of SteamVR) offers a significant perceived increase in performance for ED. Still not as good as the Rift, but MUCH MUCH improved.

There's a HMD Quality setting now in ED. Switch that baby to 1.25 and off you go. night and day difference, and this is with a gtx 970. Sure it runs at 45fps and in reprojection mode (only so much a 970 can do), but it feels smoother and the visual fidelity is vastly better. Feels like I got a new video card for ED. pretty awesome stuff.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
2. Re: Saturday Consolidation Oct 22, 2016, 19:58 Dagnamit

jdreyer wrote on Oct 22, 2016, 14:31:
Last Guardian? What's that, a new FPS?

Seriously though, I would love to read a postmortem about why this took so long.

There's bound to be at least a dozen of those, probably from Polygon alone, not to mention everyone else.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2016, 17:05 Dagnamit

PHJF wrote on Oct 21, 2016, 11:24:
Love to play Battlefield but I'm not about to supplant my decision to never use Origin, "it's really not that bad a platform" bleating not withstanding.

I'm with you on the boycott, but, BF1 is the first one that's making me waver in my steadfastness to never install Origin. Wish me luck, I shall try to hold out.

News Comments > Nintendo Switch Announced
22. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 20, 2016, 14:34 Dagnamit

jdreyer wrote on Oct 20, 2016, 14:30:
Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Oct 20, 2016, 12:43:
SirKnight wrote on Oct 20, 2016, 12:15:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 20, 2016, 12:04:
Looks like yet another underpowered console (that finally gets Skyrim, and does it get mods?).

Dear Nintendo.
Keep your mobile gaming market. Kill off your consoles and start making your awesome IP's for other systems/pc's.

*wonders how long before a kid looses the controllers*

Raw horsepower isn't everything. Sometimes you have to scale the power back a little to bring up other areas. This is obvious by what Nintendo is trying to do with the Switch. It's also obvious with cars where what good is 1000HP if you can't hook up? You'll end up getting beat by someone with <= 500HP.

The Switch looks incredible in every way and I will be pre-ordering this ASAP.

Indeed. This won't appeal to the Bluesnews crowd, but it does seem very nicely targeted to how most casual gamers -- which is basically everyone in their teens, twenties, and thirties -- play games these days. And from a hardware design standpoint, the seamless transition between different usage modes is very, very cool. Whether it's effective at making gaming wherever seamless, or just a gimmick, remains to be seen though.

Pretty sure it's the latter. No one is going to want to carry around yet another device. I don't see anywhere that this can connect to the internet. Does it replicate other tablet functions? Is the screen multitouch? People will expect these things. And cartridges??? The '80s called, wants its tech back. And those minicontrollers are unuseable.

It's interesting that this video is pitching this to adults, when children are much more the target audience. Hard to imagine adults shelling out for this for their kids though, when a tablet offers gaming and so much more functionality for much less money.

Don't get me wrong: it's cool tech. It's just completely impractical.

Agreed on most, though I think too much heat is being put on the cartridges, or rather as they should be called, a cheap flash drive w/ proprietary connector. Give me flash over a disc any day of the week.

News Comments > Accounting VR Game for Free
6. Re: Accounting VR Game for Free Oct 19, 2016, 14:27 Dagnamit

Acleacius wrote on Oct 19, 2016, 13:24:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 19, 2016, 12:32:
Acleacius wrote on Oct 19, 2016, 11:34:
I must be missing something obvious and asking a dumb question here but why do VR games require a VR headset? Doesn't it just give the perception of 3D. It's not like a room isn't a room, in a VR game. It seems more like deciding whether you want speakers or headphones, the game will still play.

Remember all the shitty Kinect games? Yup, that's why.
Oh damn too bad, thanks. You figure developers and publishers would be smarter. I don't know much about it but remember movies doing 3D with special glasses. At least they had intelligence to target everyone with potential sales, not just those that put out for the glasses. It's hard to believe they aren't smart enough to develop a non VR interface. Rolleyes

Right on! Why does an xbox require a television? I can't believe they're not making video games for radio.

Maybe they wanted to make a VR game. Maybe they wanted people to experience the thing in a certain way. Sorry you can't be involved and if you can't have this thing you'd rather shit on it. Take your entitlement issues somewhere else.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
18. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 16, 2016, 21:04 Dagnamit

skyguy wrote on Oct 16, 2016, 20:59:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 16, 2016, 12:08:
My sister got 1st and 3rd once at a wet t-shirt contest.

I guess one was smaller than the other?

Good God, ROFL. Outstanding.

I am making a joke outta that. (if it isn't one already)

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 16, 2016, 18:47 Dagnamit

Kosumo wrote on Oct 16, 2016, 18:37:
Cutter wrote on Oct 16, 2016, 17:30:
Fion wrote on Oct 16, 2016, 13:57:
5 days till Civ VI. Cannot f'in wait! :D

I can, and will. $80 for an incomplete game? Um hells no.

Incomplete game? Can you explain that please?

Probably referring to Civ V not having all the features of previous releases until after all the DLCs were dropped. They made people pay for things that were previously included. Kinda like if Madden made you pay extra for a career mode that was standard in previous releases. I think that was the controversy? I dunno. Just a guess. I don't know if that's the case this time around.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Oct 13, 2016, 22:42 Dagnamit

Cutter wrote on Oct 13, 2016, 19:47:
Oh sure, I don't know why females aren't in the NFL already. I'm sure all the gals are ready to take on 6'6" 350lb monsters no problem!
Rolleyes

And she didn't tackle him as much as just got in his way.

tackling is mostly just getting in the way, and she had a good angle to get in the way. It was a good play.

News Comments > Gears of War 4 Released
9. Re: Gears of War 4 Released Oct 11, 2016, 23:50 Dagnamit

Xero wrote on Oct 11, 2016, 21:01:
Man that game looks so mediocre, I can't believe it has spawned 3 sequels.

I got banned from Polygon for implying the 9.0 given to it from the review was part of some quid pro quo arrangement, and I'm not even a #gamergate guy. Big time releases are ALWAYS showered with 9/10, 9.0, 9.5! These games are essentially shovelware that's guaranteed to make a profit because of name recognition and the install base. Cover shooters? In 2016? Jesus. PC Gaming Master Race 4 Life.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Oct 4, 2016, 22:15 Dagnamit

Steam has SOMA on sale at 60% off, or $11.99. YOINK! Insta-buy.  

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
5. Re: Sunday Interviews Oct 3, 2016, 08:03 Dagnamit

ViRGE wrote on Oct 3, 2016, 00:54:
Cutter wrote on Oct 2, 2016, 19:22:
Yeah, so in the next 25 years when people are jacking directly into VR ala Neuromancer/Snow Crash you really think people are still going to be interested in Minecrap?
Yes. It's groundbreaking in a way that only a handful of games ever could be. It's the forebearer of a whole new genre in gaming. There will be newer versions of it, but even 25 years from now someone is still going to be playing the classic version of it for fun, just like we do Super Mario Bros.

And Blue, it's still selling $1M/day, not counting the DLC. MS will easily book $350M+ in revenue this year on Minecraft (though obviously not all of that is profit).

MS wants it to be the killer app for their AR headset, and they might be right. It's already the best app for VR headsets, imo, with the possible exception of Elite.

News Comments > Portal/Half-Life Movie News Nears?
8. Re: Portal/Half-Life Movie News Nears? Sep 29, 2016, 11:14 Dagnamit

ForgedReality wrote on Sep 29, 2016, 11:09:
Gonna suck. Videogame movies are just a terrible idea altogether. There has never been a good one made.

While there may not be any good video game movies, there are a few that are not bad. Mortal Kombat, for example

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: he walked away from it, so it was perfect landing Sep 27, 2016, 21:28 Dagnamit

So, in other words, the front fell off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgrX7uOZqHI

This comment was edited on Sep 27, 2016, 21:34.

625 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo