Jul 4, 2020, 13:42
Re: Ubisoft CEO Promises Change Jul 4, 2020, 13:42
Jul 4, 2020, 13:42

Quinn wrote on Jul 3, 2020, 19:01:
NKD wrote on Jul 3, 2020, 16:13:
Quinn wrote on Jul 3, 2020, 13:23:
NKD wrote on Jul 3, 2020, 00:05:
TriggleDiggle wrote on Jul 2, 2020, 23:42:
I've lost count of the times I've been told to reject a young student for a position simply because of their race and gender.

I don't know exactly what the context is here, but if you're in the US you need to report this immediately. It violates various civil rights laws to reject an applicant for a job based on race or gender. You could even be found personally liable if the person were to sue.

Uhm, have you missed the Ridiculously Stupid Memo of this Era? People confuse equality of opportunity with equality of outcome. They want the latter. In this way, rejection because of race and gender is inevitable. Report immediately? Don't be silly.

It's not silly. It's highly illegal to reject people based on their race or gender and if you have proof, they will get the hammer dropped on them. That guy said he was told to reject an applicant because of their race and gender, so I assume it was explicit enough that they didn't feel they could hire the person. In fact he said it had happened countless times, so it's a pattern of behavior at his employer. Not reporting it is irresponsible.

It's extremely irresponsible, I of course agree. But there are people who want equality of outcome instead of opportunity. I think even members on Bluesnews. If that comes into fruition, people will be rejected because of their race and/or gender. Wasn't this the case with Justin Trudeau where he wanted 50% of the politicians in his party to be female? I forgot the details and it's one Google search away...

You of course agree? didn't you just post how it was silly? Again, no one is asking for equality of outcome, just equality of opportunity. Just because you say it, doesn't make it real

Re: Ubisoft CEO Promises Change
Jul 3, 2020, 14:00
Re: Ubisoft CEO Promises Change Jul 3, 2020, 14:00
Jul 3, 2020, 14:00

Quinn wrote on Jul 3, 2020, 13:23:
NKD wrote on Jul 3, 2020, 00:05:
TriggleDiggle wrote on Jul 2, 2020, 23:42:
I've lost count of the times I've been told to reject a young student for a position simply because of their race and gender.

I don't know exactly what the context is here, but if you're in the US you need to report this immediately. It violates various civil rights laws to reject an applicant for a job based on race or gender. You could even be found personally liable if the person were to sue.

Uhm, have you missed the Ridiculously Stupid Memo of this Era? People confuse equality of opportunity with equality of outcome. They want the latter. In this way, rejection because of race and gender is inevitable. Report immediately? Don't be silly.

wtf are you even saying? No one is asking for equality of outcome. What's silly about reporting immediately in this case where the guy says he was told to deny based on their race where that is clearly illegal ??

Re: Ubisoft CEO Promises Change
Jul 3, 2020, 08:59
Re: Ubisoft CEO Promises Change Jul 3, 2020, 08:59
Jul 3, 2020, 08:59

Beamer wrote on Jul 2, 2020, 23:26:
NKD wrote on Jul 2, 2020, 22:43:
Cutter crying about the poor oppressed white males again?

If something may possibly impact him, top outrage.
If not, then you're a snowflake for even bringing it up

Re: Saturday Metaverse
Jun 28, 2020, 10:03
Re: Saturday Metaverse Jun 28, 2020, 10:03
Jun 28, 2020, 10:03

D-Rock wrote on Jun 28, 2020, 08:53:
Beamer wrote on Jun 27, 2020, 16:31:
What was the last post Cutter made in which he wasn't offended and outraged?

Until you stop encouraging him it will be every post he makes.

He's not encouraging him as Cutter rails about snowflakes day in and day out yet is the biggest cry baby snowflake out there, having muted Beamer accordingly, so he can;t be encouraging him when Cutter has him on ignore

Re: Forza Bans the Confederate Flag
Jun 27, 2020, 19:25
Re: Forza Bans the Confederate Flag Jun 27, 2020, 19:25
Jun 27, 2020, 19:25

Veinman wrote on Jun 27, 2020, 18:21:
Cutter wrote on Jun 27, 2020, 16:00:
theglaze wrote on Jun 27, 2020, 15:54:
Just don't take away my car liveries of scantily clad hentai babes

Oh no. That's certainly next on the chopping block. There isn't anything the moonbats won't be coming after if anyone is offended in even the slightest amount. Big Brother is coming to be sure. Another year or two they'll be opening the "re-education" centers. Doubleplus good, comrade.

One thing's for sure... if Cutter isn't happy about it, decent human beings are probably all for it.

lmao

Re: Ubisoft Investigating Misconduct
Jun 26, 2020, 15:06
Re: Ubisoft Investigating Misconduct Jun 26, 2020, 15:06
Jun 26, 2020, 15:06

Re: Ubisoft Investigating Misconduct
Jun 26, 2020, 11:19
Re: Ubisoft Investigating Misconduct Jun 26, 2020, 11:19
Jun 26, 2020, 11:19

mxmissile wrote on Jun 26, 2020, 11:15:
No wonder the game industry is trash, with only lazy turn based games or platformers ever coming out. Why would anyone with any talent be in the game industry? Anyone can lie and ruin your career in an instant. Without any sort of trial to find the truth whatsoever. As long as your accused, your ruined.

Oh well, rest in your own vomit game industry, was nice knowing you. Have fun with *another* minecraft clone.

Great take, 10/10 -
conservative/republicans seem to live in another world, getting kinda scary

Re: Saturday Consolidation
Jun 21, 2020, 12:07
Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 21, 2020, 12:07
Jun 21, 2020, 12:07

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 20, 2020, 21:25:
{PH}88fingers wrote on Jun 20, 2020, 20:12:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 20, 2020, 19:21:
McJammiepants wrote on Jun 20, 2020, 19:20:
Cutter’s opinion is rarely (if ever) predicated on anything but his own cognitive bias. His opinions are informed by unchecked emotional reactivity and are typically hypocritical with little-to-no substance. He is consistently attempting to force his views on other people and he never has useful information to back them up. 1/10
If he wasn't Canadian he might have a good chance of being the next president of the US.

lol he is an embarrassment to other Canadians
Well
You say that but
Canadians among most active in online right-wing extremism

Touche =(

Re: Saturday Consolidation
Jun 20, 2020, 20:12
Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 20, 2020, 20:12
Jun 20, 2020, 20:12

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 20, 2020, 19:21:
McJammiepants wrote on Jun 20, 2020, 19:20:
Cutter’s opinion is rarely (if ever) predicated on anything but his own cognitive bias. His opinions are informed by unchecked emotional reactivity and are typically hypocritical with little-to-no substance. He is consistently attempting to force his views on other people and he never has useful information to back them up. 1/10
If he wasn't Canadian he might have a good chance of being the next president of the US.

lol he is an embarrassment to other Canadians

Re: Valve to Sponsor Game Devs of Color Expo
Jun 18, 2020, 15:45
Re: Valve to Sponsor Game Devs of Color Expo Jun 18, 2020, 15:45
Jun 18, 2020, 15:45

Slashman wrote on Jun 18, 2020, 11:18:
D-Rock wrote on Jun 18, 2020, 09:42:
RedEye9 wrote on Jun 17, 2020, 19:18:
You know what the funny thing is, most white people aren't pissed off and recognize the plight of our brothers.
The pissed off ones are now a minority and that's why they're angry. They're not used to being the underdog.
Well we got news for them. Change is coming and they won't be able to do a damn thing about it.

Um...no. The pissed off ones are the ones that are rioting and looting in the streets. The other side consists of people who are annoyed with it. Most of them are just as annoyed as they were before it started because they don't agree with the approach taken for change -- it's led to destruction of property, injury, and death. The effectiveness of the protests has run its course. Politicians have committed to pushing for change - that's the only goal they can expect to reach. Anything else is going to have a negative impact on the cause.

You know what's funny? The 'calm down and be rational" crowd have not done a damn thing about police brutality and violence against black people for decades. But now somehow when we've said fuck you for breaking the social contract by not caring about the people who are supposed to have the same rights and protections as you, and started to show you what its like to live in fear for just a little bit. Well now its end of the world and you're worried about the negative impact?

We have had fucking decades of nothing but negative impact. You think a little more is going to make a difference? Rolleyes

qft

Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Passes $300M
Jun 14, 2020, 16:46
Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Passes $300M Jun 14, 2020, 16:46
Jun 14, 2020, 16:46

They will run out of money and this will implode within 6 months - Derek Smart 2016(?)

All my predictions came true so I'm bored of following this train wreck - Derek Smart 2020

Re: Sunday Metaverse
Jun 12, 2020, 13:48
Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 12, 2020, 13:48
Jun 12, 2020, 13:48

Quinn wrote on Jun 12, 2020, 01:57:
Beamer wrote on Jun 11, 2020, 20:29:
RedEye9 wrote on Jun 11, 2020, 19:58:
Quinn wrote:
The real problem is that whole "family" bullshit. It makes sense in your analogy, Beamer, but for black people to still consider eachother family like that is so 1865. It's exactly that attitude that makes me feel different than many of them: not the colour, but that goddamned "you're my bro and ha ha ha lets laugh at the dancing patterns of white folk.".

Just grow the fuck up and let me be your bro, cause you'd be a mate of mine whatever colour you are.
/thread

He keeps dancing, too. He keeps saying "it's not racism, it's black people committing more crimes!"
Why, though? "Because they're in poverty!" Why are they more likely to be in poverty? "Because they commit more crimes!"

"Family," though. I forgot when he outted himself as absolutely racist. That was it. He thinks black people are all Ludicrous from The Fast and the Furious.

No substantial reply to my post while I respected you enough to take yours seriously. Instead, you decide to bring back a comment of what? 7 years ago? You leave out the time-stamp for a reason, of course. You're just as malicious as the mainstream media.

I'm dropping the microphone in glory. You guys lost. I hope I was able to make some readers think. You two are the most insincere, dishonest people I've ever met -- the stereotypes of the hysterical regressives with their regressive agenda.

edit - fixed on the wrong quote- thnx redeye

Drop the mic in glory? The readers can see the shit you've spouted for years, no glory sorry, there's enough information available for you to get a clue about race issues in America, I'm amazed beamer spent that much time replying to your garbage

This comment was edited on Jun 12, 2020, 18:38.

Re: Humble Announces $1M Publishing Fund for Black Developers
Jun 4, 2020, 12:09
Re: Humble Announces $1M Publishing Fund for Black Developers Jun 4, 2020, 12:09
Jun 4, 2020, 12:09

Beamer wrote on Jun 3, 2020, 23:10:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 3, 2020, 16:16:
Quinn wrote on Jun 3, 2020, 15:36:

I know what's going on in the US. Europe knows what's going on in the US in full detail. Can't often say the same the other way around All these cop killings you're talking about? Nothing proves that's the product of racism in any way. Poverty breeds crime. Crime leads to police intervention. The more police intervention, the more chance of something going bad. Majority of people in poverty? Black people. It sucks, but fuck every single human being that thinks ACAB because of it; fuck them all for saying police brutality is the product of racism. Also, screw every cop that used unnecesarry violence. Also, fuck everyone resisting arrest and then crying about getting fucked up or shot. Also, cops aren't mind-readers and everyone can potentially have a gun in your country, which makes it all the more important that you follow their instructions to the letter. Cops cannot take chances, unless they're Jedi's. Also, there's always a gun involved: the cop's gun. They can't take the chance of going toe-to-toe against a suspect going postal, since they've no clue if they have the black belt or not.

Show me the evidence that all the shit you and the BLM members feel about the police is because of racism. Explain the ACAB mentality, and don't show me a vid of a rotten SOB like the cop who killed George Floyd. I can show you all kinds of data that there's something terribly wrong with the African American communities, and all of it is because of poverty. Because poverty breeds crime, and crime leads to police intervention. If that's not it and it's racism, show me the evidence.

The poverty must be fixed, from the inside and from the outside. It's hard in this capitalistic society to find fortune without generational wealth in the family. It's hard to lift yourself up by your own bootstraps period. Especially when you grow up in a poor neighborhood terrorized by black-on-black crime and/or a poor neighborhood where most people -- white or black -- are uneducated enough for racism to actually be a thing within the community. This needs to be fixed. We need a revolution for that, indeed. Just fuck off with unproven racism shit.

Last but not least, I don't follow conservative news media at all. I got most of my updates regarding the protests from The Hill, CNN, random YT feeds live or not, and by having conversations about it.

Last but not least Part 2: I've been saying many times that the rhetoric used by mainstream media is brainwashing people like yourself to think whites are the problem. Check this millionair idiot. I've linked it so you don't have to watch the entire cringe-fest of the video, just the last few shocking seconds. This is on the RedEyes and the Beamers, condoning the racist rhetoric coming for the "far left" -- whatever that means today.

As I said, you're not from the US, you are most likely white. You do not know what the US is like for people of color, let alone poor black Americans. You do not have any understanding of police interactions here with people of color. Videos on youtube/twitter/whatever are not reliable information. Of course poverty is an issue. So is systemic racism in this country. So is an overly aggressive and murderous police force. These three problems collided once again for the murder of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Botham Jean, Philando Castile, Eric Garner, etc. etc. etc.

Does that mean that ALL police violence is due to racism? No, in spite of your strawman arguments. No one ever claimed that, in spite of your multiple deliberate or otherwise misunderstandings. Is this particular case racist in nature? Yes, it certainly seems that way.

Of course poverty, lack of opportunities and lack of education are problems, problems that exist DUE TO RACISM IN THIS COUNTRY. In order for them to be fixed, racism must be addresed.

"Cops cannot take chances," this kind of boot-licking is despicable, and really undefendable. Most of the developed world somehow has police forces that have a fraction of the body count, per population, of the US. The US needs a drastic overhaul of the police and sheriff's departments, as well as increased oversight and de-militarization. Part of the reason the police currently have a war mindset and an "us against them" mentality is because they view people of color, such as African Americans, as non-human, or non-American, etc. This is indeed due to systemic racism, in spite of your cop worship. Are all cops bastards? Of course not, but those that are 'good' officers are under extensive pressure to not report their fellow criminals in blue. Thus, the need for major reform. One of the groups that has sprung up to attempt reform, is surprisingly, Black Lives Matter, which you should try to read as Black Lives Matter Too, since you seem indefinitely confused about the wording. It does NOT mean only black lives matter.

Anyway, it feels like you are deliberately misunderstanding everything, so I'm not sure if it's worthwhile typing anything else.

It's a few here deliberately misunderstanding it so that they can feel oppressed.

Thank you. But be careful. They'll lump you in with me, soon.

being lumped by the likes of those clowns is actually a compliment.

Re: Morning Tech Bits
Jun 1, 2020, 21:16
Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 1, 2020, 21:16
Jun 1, 2020, 21:16

jdreyer wrote on Jun 1, 2020, 15:59:
Slick wrote on Jun 1, 2020, 15:14:
Also, for anyone else interested in that monitor (or any of the new gen of 240hz 1440p monitors) that Sammy G7 only supports HDMI 2.0 and DP 1.4 with DSC (compression).

It's a giant dick move by Samsung, as both HDMI 2.1 and DP 2.0 are coming out with the upcoming GPUs, and these new monitors can't run at their advertised rez/refresh rates without compression with those old standards.

Charging $1150 USD for a 27" monitor that will be out-of-spec 3 months after it launches is bad.

I don't need 240hz, but what's a good 1440P ~120hz monitor? Also, widescreen 21:9.

The Alienware 34" widescreen 120hz is amazing, i love it.
I also bought the ASUS version of it some years back for way more money(paid 1600$ i think at release, and the picture quality is way inferior to the Alienware I now have.
the colors pop, i highly recommend it!

Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week
May 24, 2020, 13:40
Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week May 24, 2020, 13:40
May 24, 2020, 13:40

theyarecomingforyou wrote on May 24, 2020, 11:06:
dsmart wrote on May 23, 2020, 12:18:
My latest threads

CIG confesses (via Crytek lawsuit) to not having switched to Lumberyard after all

CIG sells more shares to pay Crytek

Star Citizen Scope Creep in 3.9

Star Citizen, the next gen disaster that is 3.9

Star Citizen Invictus Launch & the F8 fighter debacle

And I followed the Crytek lawsuit from start to finish - with commentary
Let's just quickly address this for anyone not aware that you're a troll that has attacked Chris Roberts' children as part of your infantile vendetta.

1) CIG did not admit to not switching to Lumberyard. That was a false claim that Crytek made in its lawsuit. Further, the licence that CIG obtained from Amazon included CryEngine so even if CIG hadn't changed engines that wouldn't have made any difference.

2) CIG didn't sell shares to pay for Crytek. Crytek was forced to abandon its lawsuit after CIG had the vast majority of claims struck down. Whilst the settlement was not made public the expectation is that each side was responsible for its own legal costs. CIG estimated those costs as a couple of million dollars, when the game is pulling in over $35 million per year and increasing year on year.

3) Irrelevant opinion piece.

4) Irrelevant opinion piece.

5) CIG isn't selling the F8, so there is no controversy.

6) Crytek specatularly lost its lawsuit. It had claim after claim rejected and it ended up begging the court for it to be dismissed without prejudice, which CIG and the court refused. You claimed from the start that Crytek had an amazing case and had to watch in embarassment as every update to the lawsuit proved you wrong.

You spew the same bullshit as usual. Go back to assaulting vending machines.

I have to agree, Dsmart saying all his predictions came true is so laughable, he had predicted their demise like 4 years ago and somehow he considers himself "right" ... lol....

Re: NVIDIA GeForce Hotfix Driver
Apr 26, 2020, 10:56
Re: NVIDIA GeForce Hotfix Driver Apr 26, 2020, 10:56
Apr 26, 2020, 10:56

I used to be able to set my max refresh rate in the nvidia control panel, with this update cannot any longer, now it's either "highest available" or "application controlled"
=(

Re: Call of Duty Queuing Suspected Cheaters Together
Apr 22, 2020, 10:25
Re: Call of Duty Queuing Suspected Cheaters Together Apr 22, 2020, 10:25
Apr 22, 2020, 10:25

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 22, 2020, 09:49:
HEY CHEATERS
you can still play our game

It's not that simple, "suspected cheaters" is different than 100% cheater, so i'm fine with this, better than not having it at all so no complaining here.

Re: Morning Mobilization
Mar 23, 2020, 14:40
Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 23, 2020, 14:40
Mar 23, 2020, 14:40

"My phone, which is satellite-tracked by the Taiwan gov to enforce quarantine, ran out of battery at 7:30 AM. By 8:15, four different units called me. By 8:20, the police were knocking at my door."

unquote

Re: New Overwatch Hero is Echo... is Echo... Echo...
Mar 19, 2020, 00:22
Re: New Overwatch Hero is Echo... is Echo... Echo... Mar 19, 2020, 00:22
Mar 19, 2020, 00:22

jeeezz morree mangaa!1 the kiddies

removed
Mar 16, 2020, 09:07
removed Mar 16, 2020, 09:07
Mar 16, 2020, 09:07

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Mar 16, 2020, 09:43.
567 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    29  ] Older