Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for IN88fingers

Real Name IN88fingers   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname {PH}88fingers
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2011, 20:38
Total Comments 502 (Apprentice)
User ID 56316

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Land Rush
42. Re: Origin Access Free This Week Nov 29, 2017, 16:05 {PH}88fingers

Flatline wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 15:27:
I wonder if ship sales are slowing down now. This is a weird thing to sell, at an awful high price point.

April 2017: $ 2,600,000
May 2017: $ 2,700,000
June 2017: $ 2,300,000
July 2017: $ 2,375,000
August 2017: $ 2,700,000
September 2017: $ 1,700,000
October 2017: $ 3,250,000

and I'm sure November will be much higher than those.

So i guess the answer to your question is "no"

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Origin Access Free This Week Nov 28, 2017, 14:56 {PH}88fingers

so self- driving cars is already here.
wheres the guy saying its 20 yrs away again?

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
13. Re: Origin Access Free This Week Nov 4, 2017, 19:55 {PH}88fingers

Cutter wrote on Nov 4, 2017, 18:48:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 4, 2017, 17:49:
Cutter wrote on Nov 4, 2017, 16:26:
. And that immigrants need to do more to assimilate, including at least having functional English and a whole host of other things before they even set foot here.

Right?? I went to Montreal last year and all these fucks were speaking French. And I said to my wife, haven't they assimilated and learned English yet? It's been 250 years!

K-bec has always been a major PITA in Canada's ass. They're pretty much given up on separatism now, and they should have never entertained it in the first place. The only thing keeping them employed and having to need to NOT speak English is remaining in Canada. The overwhelming majority of Canadians are just as fed up with Quebec. They're constantly pandered to by the liberals with the lion share of tax dollars going to the province for everything just to placate them. Most people would rather just boot them out of the country entirely. And by that I mean literally send the separatists back to France. They're going to lose the language one day, it's inevitable as the tides. The sooner they learn to cope with it, the better off for everyone.

And once again the ignoramus has spoken.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Origin Access Free This Week Oct 9, 2017, 18:42 {PH}88fingers

What? Guess you guys haven't been paying attention.
20 years?

from last week:
Ars reporting on googles waymo

Now I'm not saying this is going to happen this year, or as wishful thinking, but to go from this to 20 years away.. cmon..

edit- new article from Today...
https://arstechnica.com/cars/2017/10/it-sure-looks-like-waymo-is-getting-ready-to-launch-in-phoenix/

This comment was edited on Oct 9, 2017, 18:53.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Origin Access Free This Week Sep 30, 2017, 11:43 {PH}88fingers

Saboth wrote on Sep 30, 2017, 09:27:
ledhead1969 wrote on Sep 30, 2017, 04:27:
Why didn't they do this at any point during Obama's admin?

Because Dems had control of Congress for only 2 years during Obama's term, and during that time they were dealing with the completely crashed economy, quarmire wars, out of control spending, healthcare crisis, etc. that the GOP left them with. They focused on those issues while they could, then the GOP took back Congress and said they would pass no legislation that helps this country, because their only goal was making Obama a one term president. And darned if they didn't sit on their hands and do absolutely nothing except attack Obama and Hillary for the next 6 years, instead of passing legislation that would have helped this country recover from the GOP messes.

Then they won the presidency and have spent the past 9 months looking like clowns, showing they have no idea how to run a country, and can't even pass their own legislation with absolute control of all three branches of government.

Yeah I find it so baffling how an avg IQ person can't see it. Somehow they believe the mouthbreathers GOP constant complete bullshit, it's unreal
-edit i want to make clear I am no fan of the corporate democrats who pull much of the same shit (but let's be honest, you can't be as corrupt and hypocrite as a GOP'er) so even small change is better than nothing.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
10. Re: Origin Access Free This Week Sep 29, 2017, 18:33 {PH}88fingers

Beamer wrote on Sep 29, 2017, 16:31:
NicklePop wrote on Sep 29, 2017, 16:20:
Trumps the man. Tax reform baby!

What do you want reformed, what do you think will happen, and what evidence do you have that the changes will bring those impacts?

the money will trickle down of course, he can't wait to get his share from the trickle from the estate tax which will be no more for example

News Comments > Op Ed
17. Re: Origin Access Free This Week Sep 29, 2017, 17:17 {PH}88fingers

jacobvandy wrote on Sep 29, 2017, 16:15:
NKD wrote on Sep 29, 2017, 12:32:
People like to tell themselves its just kids with their parents credit cards, but it's an adult, more often than not. The percentage of parents that just let their kids buy whatever the fuck they want on their credit cards is not really high enough to sustain a business model...

There's no telling what the numbers are, children vs. adults, of who decides to buy stuff like this, but I agree that the majority of dollars spent has to be adults. Maybe little Johnny asks his mom to load up his account with $10-20 now and then, and there are a lot of others like him, but grown-up gamer Jeff will throw around hundreds or even thousands of dollars into it because for better or worse, he's in charge of all of his own finances. Video games as an industry are bigger than ever not because the world population is rising and there are more kids around than 20 years ago, it's because the generation of people who grew up with the hobby are now adults with careers and LOADS of money to spend on it.

qft

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Origin Access Free This Week Sep 19, 2017, 20:49 {PH}88fingers

Beamer wrote on Sep 19, 2017, 16:14:
WaltC wrote on Sep 19, 2017, 16:00:
Internet of Things: welcome to the dumbing down of America, courtesy of Apple and the (D) party. It doesn't get any dumber than that. Ugh. Thank God I'm too old to be duped by either...;) Jobs and Obama had a lot in common as they are both snake-oil salesmen preying on the dumb and the inexperienced.

You're an amazing specimen. I'd love to know how much money one needs to spend in Alex Jones certified "vitamins" to get the vast insights you have.

Either those vitamins, or tons of LSD, eh?

yeah holy fuck that's so fuckin funny.. he posts shit like that and expects people to think he's intelligent... oh man...
looks like more companies are tired of the right wing idiots:
Gab shut down again

This comment was edited on Sep 19, 2017, 21:13.

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: Origin Access Free This Week Sep 17, 2017, 11:40 {PH}88fingers

Cutter wrote on Sep 16, 2017, 17:52:
{PH}88fingers wrote on Sep 16, 2017, 14:36:
Cutter wrote on Sep 16, 2017, 13:33:
Than stop supporting scumbag devs/publishers like Bungie, Blizzard, et al., problem solved.

scumbag developer Blizzard who release patches for their games 20 years on... you continue to show your massive iq

It's a company run by bean counters and marketing shills. Jesus, you're just dumber than a sackful of hammers. Idiots like you are why people like you continue to lose their rights across the spectrum. Oh, you won't be able to grasp what that means however, so don't worry your stupid little head about it and just go on making the world a shittier place to be.

keep going mate, we all enjoy seeing you melt down constantly. Once again showing us all your massive iq.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: Origin Access Free This Week Sep 16, 2017, 14:36 {PH}88fingers

Cutter wrote on Sep 16, 2017, 13:33:
Than stop supporting scumbag devs/publishers like Bungie, Blizzard, et al., problem solved.

scumbag developer Blizzard who release patches for their games 20 years on... you continue to show your massive iq

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Released
13. Re: Origin Access Free This Week Sep 15, 2017, 09:08 {PH}88fingers

Quinn wrote on Sep 15, 2017, 02:04:
Two absolutely excellent TURN-BASED games released at the same time. So typical. XP

My wallet hates me.

Which is the other one ?
-edit nevermind, looks like its xcom2

News Comments > Star Citizen Refund Story Disputed
20. Re: Origin Access Free This Week Sep 15, 2017, 08:53 {PH}88fingers

Luke wrote on Sep 15, 2017, 04:38:
WaltC wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 20:12:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 19:40:
Derek Smart brigade playing evil shenanigans.

Well, that's my opinion

Ya said it........ YOUR opinion..all this sc investment thing is a sexually thing..
Some like to get beaten..some just don't want to see reality ..people are so easy to fool ....sooo easy

SOOO EASY LUKE!! with all that fuckin MaNGa Bullshit them kiddies manga bullshit too easy !!!

News Comments > Star Citizen Refund Story Disputed
6. Re: Origin Access Free This Week Sep 14, 2017, 20:54 {PH}88fingers

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 20:25:
WaltC wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 20:12:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 19:40:
Derek Smart brigade playing evil shenanigans.

Yep...truly stupid people with nothing better to do than circulate fake news and imbecilic hate. Whew... These disgruntled customers are so amusing...KS customers still think, no matter how many times they are told the opposite, that when they contribute to KS programs they are actually buying *nothing at all.* There's no "pre-order" involved. There are no guarantees, no contracts--putting money in a KS is merely seeding a company and individuals you like/trust with seed money in the hopes they are able to accomplish what they started. With a KS, there are no promises made to anyone. IMO, only fund KS with people with solid reputations who have a lot to lose if their KS fails. I've funded a KS or two--and not been burned by following those recommendations. Quite the contrary, I have been more than pleased by the result.

OTOH, if you want to invest your money with an individual or company you've never heard of, that no one else has heard of, either, then never invest more than you can afford to lose. SC is making refunds and is still very much a going concern, accordingly. When KS's fail, however, usually the principal involved escapes with the money--free and clear and 100% legal, that's true.

Why a few of these SC KS people are so full of angst and hate for SC beats me. SC is a game so ambitious that no publisher anywhere would attempt to underwrite it--because it takes far too long for a publisher's comfort. If and when the game is finished, and if and when it meets the goals it is trying to reach, it is definitely going to be one-of-a-kind, and we can thank not only the developers for it, but also the KS investors who stayed the course. Well, that's my opinion, only, of course...;)
Dangit, I have to agree with a WaltC post. wonders will never cease.

yah that shit is crazy, sometimes his brain synapses aren't totally jacked up, baffles me

News Comments > Out of the Blue
48. Re: Origin Access Free This Week Sep 13, 2017, 14:40 {PH}88fingers

Blue wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 13:08:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 13:00:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 12:46:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 12:38:
For parts of Florida, Hurricane Irma offers a worst-case scenario.

But hey, global warming is a hoax, so I'm gonna keep rollin' coal in my Hummer.
The good thing about global warming is that NOAA will have to add extra categories to the Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Wind Scale.
5 ain't cutting it anymore.

There are practical reasons to do so. Buildings rated for cat-5 hurricanes that were built to withstand 185 mph winds were demolished by the 240 mph (!) gusts of Irma.

?

I'm guessing KPH and MPH got crossed to get that 240 total. 240 KPH = 150 MPH.

not really.. 185 SUSTAINED winds is what Irma was when it hit the Turks & Caicos Islands. Gusts way higher isn't uncommon...

News Comments > Op Ed
39. Re: Origin Access Free This Week Sep 12, 2017, 18:28 {PH}88fingers

Beamer wrote on Sep 12, 2017, 18:14:
Slashman wrote on Sep 12, 2017, 18:08:
Cutter wrote on Sep 12, 2017, 15:41:
The problem isn't the casual racism it's the SJWs with their massive overreactions to it. Even when people are simply accused of something they lose their shit. Look at that story a few weeks back where that asshole on Twitter who felt it was his personal mission to "out" racists they ended up blaming an innocent man. They were calling his house and making death threats to his wife and kids FFS! And these assholes aren't even a minority! They are just look for reasons to go off and they don't care who gets hurt or how extreme their overreactions are and that makes them way more dangerous and way worse than the so-called bigots and racists they're opposing. Hitch up your fucking panties and stop throwing hissy fits over every little thing - especially when it doesn't even apply to you. Fuck, go end poverty or something actually worthwhile.

You tell em Cutter. Most people these days don't even understand how harmless casual racism is. At least compared to the ultra-hardcore kind.

Hell I didn't even know what the hell casual racism was until you made it clear. And I sure as hell don't know what offends me. I've only been black for like 42 years or so. Totally need a clear-headed white person to sort out my thoughts for me.

But while we're on the subject, you wanna explain to me why the 'casual racists' (especially the ones raking in millions) need defending while the 'more serious racists' need condemning?

Hey buddy, listen, the problem isn't people being racist, it's people calling people racist. That's where the real harm is. Words are just words, unless they're aimed at a white guy like cutter, then they're seriously offensive.

amen

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
19. Re: Origin Access Free This Week Sep 12, 2017, 10:00 {PH}88fingers

Beamer wrote on Sep 12, 2017, 08:52:
Cutter wrote on Sep 11, 2017, 23:54:
yonder wrote on Sep 11, 2017, 20:11:
You morons don't understand the difference between caling yourself and your friends a bad word and using that same bad word about people you don't know or entire groups of people?

F*ck you guys are stupid. There's truly no fixing stupid. You MAY figure it out some day because, someday, you may gain common sense. But I'm not going to be part of the process of bringing you up to the status of common.

F*ck you guys are stupid.

No, we're not. Maybe you and your ilk could try and stop being such whiny little bitches about everything. That's a much better solution. Oh wait, I said bitch! Shrill liberal SJW fit incoming in 3...2...1...

The only person on this board that bitches about more things than you do is CJ. You're miserable, and seem to spend as much time as possible trying to make everyone else here miserable. When called out, you call them a troll or a hypocrite or a conservative or a liberal or an SJW.

Buy a mirror, look into it, say the words you're about to type into it, and see how it makes you look.

gl with that

15. Re: Origin Access Free This Week Sep 11, 2017, 23:36 {PH}88fingers

afka Rossini wrote on Sep 11, 2017, 20:33:
{PH}88fingers wrote on Sep 11, 2017, 20:25:
I have Amazon Prime but haven't even checked out their video library in years.
Any good shows they offer to watch?

I end up watching Netflix which does have some good shows.
On Prime, The Man in the High Castle is good.

added to watchlist thank you sir

11. Re: Origin Access Free This Week Sep 11, 2017, 20:25 {PH}88fingers

I have Amazon Prime but haven't even checked out their video library in years.
Any good shows they offer to watch?

I end up watching Netflix which does have some good shows.

7. Re: Origin Access Free This Week Sep 11, 2017, 18:26 {PH}88fingers

Beamer wrote on Sep 11, 2017, 18:18:
LittleMe wrote on Sep 11, 2017, 18:02:
Agent.X7 wrote on Sep 11, 2017, 13:30:
Meanwhile 20 minutes ago at the gas station I was next to a dude blasting hip hop music in which every third word was n*****. Ah, hypocrisy.

This. This latest n-word hysteria is fueled by fervent egos boosting themselves as morally superior. It's counter productive and divisive. The real dangerous racism is what has been institutionalized and I don't hear any of them calling for an end to that (ie. the drug war).

Not this. People enjoy mocking their friends. People get angry when strangers mock their friends.

This isn't hard, and white people angry that they can't say the word without being called a racist is ridiculous. White people who claim it's "just a word" while freaking out when a different word, racist, is used to describe their actions are equally ridiculous.

Not to mention, who the hell do you mean when you say "any of them?" I'm pretty certain nearly every rapper, nearly every liberal, and nearly every African American calls for the end of the drug war repeatedly and often. But that there's horrible institutionalized racism doesn't excuse racist dumbfucks.

Seriously, where the hell are you that you never hear any of "them" call for the end of the war on drugs?

In his Breitbart/Drudge Report/ Fox news echo chamber of course. The same one Walter C inhabits.

News Comments > On Windows 10 Game Stuttering
16. Re: Origin Access Free This Week Sep 11, 2017, 18:23 {PH}88fingers

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 11, 2017, 18:09:
Evil Timmy wrote on Sep 11, 2017, 15:50:
Steam Support has in-app and registry-based solutions for turning the Xbox DVR off. Disabling Windows Updates like Mashiki suggested should only be a last resort as it's a big security issue. "Microsoft cares about PC gamers" is basically the trickle-down economics of the tech world.

All this stuff is a mind fuck.

It's a big security risk? I think I'm having much more problems with companies fumbling my data around on their end, then I have security issues on mine.

Face it we are naked in a helpless ocean of data.

One person has an issue and they think that is normal for many.

Some have stuttering, doesn't mean all.

The best news is they are addressing it, good.

I reckon those that don't have Win10 think there is some type of hassle and issue after issue bedeviling it's users. I was golden with 7 and just as golden with 10. Pretty much the same thing day in and out.

Yup, I don't have the stutter, yep I didn't have the USB issue someone had here. I didn't have the sleep issue another did. But there is also a person out there with a stuttering issue with their Win7, a usb issue with their Win7 and sleep issue with their Win7.

I get what you are really fighting about and that is... you think we are being data mined more with Win10 than Win7 and a little more heavy handed upgrading practices, that's about it. But again we are naked in a digital world and whatever you think is sacred about your data... you've given that up voluntarily or involuntarily a long time ago. I sleep at night knowing any shenanigans like that, I've had no problem getting problems reversed, good, otherwise this would be a nightmare.

finally a post with some brains.

502 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo