Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for IN88fingers

Real Name IN88fingers   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname {PH}88fingers
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2011, 20:38
Total Comments 388 (Amateur)
User ID 56316

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
22. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Sep 18, 2016, 15:55 {PH}88fingers

good read by Glenn Greenwald:

On WAPO garbage calling for prosecution of Snowden

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 10, 2016, 10:51 {PH}88fingers

wow that's fucked up  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 9, 2016, 23:48 {PH}88fingers

weaker resolution though..

I'm loving my Asus ROG PG348Q Black 34” 3440x1440 , 100 Hz Curved IPS G-Sync (NVIDIA Adaptive Sync) 21:9
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236717

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year?
163. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 9, 2016, 19:45 {PH}88fingers

Beamer wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 17:28:
Somehow, this went from the tiring "debate with factual authority about whether the game that's years out will be the best thing ever or a monstrous failure" to the even more tedious "let's join together and shit on the last green label name that still hangs out here."

why even feed the retard? as you saw, he of course replied to yours with his usual bullshit

150. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 9, 2016, 15:57 {PH}88fingers

dsmart wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 15:45:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 15:43:
NasWulf wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 13:45:
dsmart wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 12:51:
Dacron wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 10:58:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 06:55:
You can no longer buy that heap of shit on steam. He abandoned it and replaced it with an isometric view android app version. Called "line of defense tactics" (reviewed just as poorly by the 19 people who bought it.). I can imagine that happened after steam briught in the refund policy, and with nearly every owner having less than 2 hours in they were basically all eligible.

derp

again Derek you show your lack of reading comprehension and falsehoods. In his post he states that you can no longer buy your POS game, where you then agree with him by saying that the game is CBT or whatever the fux you made up to say you're not selling it anymore, hence ... you can't buy the POS anymore ... also that you and your company replaced your POS game that was being refunded and smashed on the reviews with another POS game call ... Da Da Daaaaa .. LoD Tactics. I didn't read anywhere that was said both are no longer on Steam ... just you couldn't buy the first POS game, which is true ... and both games are being torn apart on reviews ... which again, is true. BTW , love the paid positive reviews, nice touch there ...

and again, sigh ... if I wanted to right now, this second as in right now, go to CIG pay my 49$ to download the SC client (right now as in today). I can play, you know launch a digital piece of software on my computer, and enjoy what little game play they offer at this moment but arguably far better than what you or your company currently offers or has offered in the past. You know the released version of SC that is you know, released .... I mean, wow, are you really that delusional or is this just an act to get more views on your only source of income, your blog?
CBT
When something sucks so bad that it's not even up to Steams Early Access standards, and early access has no standards, lolz.
Closed Test Group

Early Access -> CBT -> Release

CBT (Closed Beta Test) is the opposed of OBT (Open Beta Test). Companies used either one or both during development of a product. It's all very standard.

LOD was in Early Access in Sept 2014. It entered CBT April 2016.

Like I said: shit for brains

are you proud of the garbage games you have released? That your life accomplishments are so bad that only a handful of people actually play it? must be sad

133. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 9, 2016, 11:39 {PH}88fingers

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 06:55:
dsmart wrote on Sep 8, 2016, 20:46:
You guys are hilarious. Here's the thing, I'll still be beautiful in the morning; but Star Citizen - which is never coming out - will still be shit and a massive scam.
You've been attacking the project for years and every time Chris Roberts proves you wrong you simply change the goal posts. You're just jealous that he was able to do what you'll never be able to.

dsmart wrote on Sep 8, 2016, 20:46:
Me? I just keep on making games.
To classify the drivel that you put out as 'games' is laughable. As in 'ha-ha'. Really, that's fucking hilarious. People that have had the misfortune to buy or play your games hate them - just check out the Steam reviews. Do the industry a favour and go away.

Just a reminder for anyone not familiar with Derek Smart's quality alternative to Star Citizen: https://youtu.be/2Lw-cwIGuy0

LOL at that video
hahah and he has the nerve to talk about his 'expertise' in this matter... amazing

This comment was edited on Sep 9, 2016, 11:49.

106. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 8, 2016, 10:25 {PH}88fingers

Beamer wrote on Sep 8, 2016, 08:57:
I just don't get why anyone cares.

I mean, I get why people that invested a ton of money care. And I get why Derek cares, as Roberts basically came out of retirement and immediately got truckloads of money to do what Derek had more or less dedicated his entire life to trying to do, at a time that the technology finally looks close enough to somewhat deliver.

But, the rest of us? These are always the longest topics we have, and some of the most passionate, and I just struggle to see why anyone cares about a game so far out? I'm all for just sitting back and dispassionately seeing what comes about. If it's what they promise, great, we get a once in a generational game. If it it's short of what they promise, great, we get a fun but flawed game, as most space combat games seem to be. If it's a total failure, great, we either move on with our lives or we get a Daikatan/DNF-esque punchline to enjoy for a decade or so.

For 99.9999% of us, there's nothing but upside here. We've put in no money and we have absolutely nothing to lose.

bingo, also upside, the majority of us put in relatively small amount (40-60) for a shot at 2 great games. No one put a gun to our heads. we get to reap the benefits of others who put in way more, I don't feel sorry for those who put in more, I will reap the rewards should this game be any good.
If it is a trainwreck, I lost my 45 bucks. (lost is a big word even here because I'm fairly sure considering the flight model which feels great to me at this point, will make it fun regardless)

News Comments > GeForce Experience 3.0 Released
12. Re: GeForce Experience 3.0 Released Sep 8, 2016, 00:06 {PH}88fingers

yeah uninstalled, no more geforce experience here  

68. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 5, 2016, 15:57 {PH}88fingers

Comet wrote on Sep 5, 2016, 14:52:
dsmart wrote on Sep 5, 2016, 09:40:
I just came here to see who else thinks this is my fault.

ps: I called it almost a year ago. You're welcome.

What did you actually called?

You have fired in all directions and so far you have failed to do anything of what you claimed you would do.
Where is that lawsuit you promised?

You said you had credible information that they were going to run out of money by January 2016. That didn't happen.
You said they were firing people, downsizing as they were running out of money but instead the company has hired more people.
You claimed they would never have procedural generation. Now they have.
64bit engine? Yep. FPS combat. Available in the alpha as well. Seamless transition. They have it.

Let me put it simple Derek.
When you first started to make accusations regarding CIG and SC I was actually one of those people paying attention to what you were saying.
You claimed you had proof of CIG wrong doing. That you were preparing to take them to court.
You made all sorts of accusations. But it was just that. You didn't take the next step and never will.
The worst in all this is that many of the things you claimed that they wouldn't be able to achieve, they have.

The procedural generated planets is a good example.
You have often claimed that CIG would not be able to do it.
https://archive.is/Az3p2
http://www.dereksmart.org/forums/topic/general-discussions/#post-2005

Well, they have it running in engine now.

Right now, you are actually undermining the position of those critical of the project progress because it is impossible to have a dialogue with a fundamentalist.
From your point of view your truth is the only truth. And whenever your arguments fail, you adapt them to provide further criticism.

Look. CIG needs to be accountable. Needs to show progress and tangible evidence that they are progressing to a final game.
And the delays can't go on forever. So obviously we need cool headed people that can champion the skeptic position.
But right now, you are actually undermining that effort.

I know that you will not stop. Because you share the same problem many of us do.
You just can't hit the pause button.

He predicted all those things that will never happen and yet is here doing a victory lap, ala GWB "Mission accomplished" in the face of reality.
so good, makes me kind of feel sorry for the guy

57. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 5, 2016, 11:37 {PH}88fingers

dsmart wrote on Sep 5, 2016, 11:31:
CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 5, 2016, 11:14:
dsmart wrote on Sep 5, 2016, 10:44:
Yeah, OK, whatever makes you sleep at night.

After all this time of my raising the alarm, all of a sudden "everyone saw it coming". yeah, OK.

Well, to be fair the concerns about the originally given release window (end of 2014) have been around since day one. It has been discussed to death in RSI chat and various forums on the net since the very first days of the campaign.

The funny part is how the White Knights have changed their tune since then.
If (like me, you and many others) you dared to question whether CIG would be able to deliver a full fledged single player game (there was no talk of an episodic release in the early days), a full fledged MMO/PU, player-run servers *and* mod tools in only two years, you had the White Knight brigade cracking down on you and telling you that the game is made by Christ Roberts and that he is the most experienced game developer in the world and everyone who doubts anything is clueless.

Nowadays, you have the very same White Knights defending the delays by posting funny charts of how WoW or Diablo 3 took this long to develop and that it is only logical and was ALWAYS (of course) to be expected that SC would be delayed.
They like to call everyone clueless who believed in the dates originally given by CR/CIG. You know, the same dates that, if you did NOT believe in them in 2012, you got called being clueless as well for not believing in the grandmaster God of game development Christ Roberts Superstar Himself.

Anyway, to say that you "invented" the concerns about delays is a little far-fetched, Derek. Almost everyone (except for the CR cultists) was concerned about it from day one but then Christ Roberts told people to keep pledging so he can hire more people and that more devs would actually get things done faster (yes, he effectively even promised delivery BEFORE the end of 2014 given enough capital supply).

It became clear rather quickly for anyone with open eyes and ears that CR was intentionally dangling the carrot always within reach to keep people pledging. CR likes to excuse himself for his unrealistic dates by saying that he is an "optimist". That is obviously bullshit.
He said at Gamescom 2015 that they were hoping to have the "full" PU online by 2016. Just like the original end of 2014 dates or the numerous missed release dates for the various modules, he can not have seriously believed that. He's not an optimist. He is a fraudulent conman.

Finally, here's my fav quote again (from October 2012 and you can tell from the way the question is worded that there was already a lot of doubt about the given release timeframe back in the first few days):

You have stated that you expect to have an Alpha up and going in about 12 months, with a beta roughly 10 months after that and then launch. For a game of this size and scope, do you think you can really be done in the next two years?

Chris Roberts: Really it is all about constant iteration from launch. The whole idea is to be constantly updating. It isn’t like the old days where you had to have everything and the kitchen sink in at launch because you weren’t going to come back to it for awhile. We’re already one year in - another two years puts us at 3 total which is ideal. Any more and things would begin to get stale.

^this. I agree in part. But I think we're talking about two separate things.

I blew the alarm about the game not being made, back in July 2015 and wrote a string of blogs since then. That's how it all became mainstream.

Then, I subsequently iterated that no way in hell either of them make it out in 2016.

But yeah, quite a few people already saw the signs. But until I came along, as you know, most of it was drowned by the White Knight rhetoric pushing it all down.

And when it is released and the studio didn't implode as you were saying, are you gonna finally stfu ?
the game as it stands today is already 10x more fun than any of the crap garbage games you have put out, just a little friendly reminder

52. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 5, 2016, 11:24 {PH}88fingers

dsmart wrote on Sep 5, 2016, 10:44:
Yeah, OK, whatever makes you sleep at night.

After all this time of my raising the alarm, all of a sudden "everyone saw it coming". yeah, OK.

lol are you for real?

You said they would be imploding 5 months ago.. what is it now? Imploding 2017?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 2, 2016, 12:49 {PH}88fingers

Cutter wrote on Sep 2, 2016, 11:56:
Fact is there not wrong. Google has been just as assholish, if not more in some cases, in their demands. I'll grant you that doesn't excuse what the other guys are doing, but Google is just as evil if not more so now.

they're*

News Comments > The Division's Swedish Patch Mission
7. Re: The Division's Swedish Patch Mission Aug 27, 2016, 21:08 {PH}88fingers

reminds me of when I was 17 or so and Stainless Steel Studios flew 4-5 of us (the top Starcraft players)(before the koreans took over, we were the best, some of my friends from back in the day who moved to korea to pro game still live there to this day) to their studios in Boston for 3 days all expenses paid to help them balance and give ideas on how to improve their game Empire Earth. In the end I don't think it was of much help as that game wasn't very good hehe  

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation
105. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 24, 2016, 20:32 {PH}88fingers

Dacron wrote on Aug 24, 2016, 19:36:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 14:16:
He is a hateful little man, envious of anyone more capable than himself (i.e. everyone). The world would be a better place if he crawled off and died in a ditch.

The irony at calling someone a "little man", but being so upset by them they wished their death.

yeah I wouldn't wish his death but he is clearly a little man with an agenda, and his posts about other people being 'not nice people' is hilarious considering the source.

101. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 23, 2016, 19:00 {PH}88fingers

where the fuck is Derek Smart anywyas? wasn't the studio supposed to have imploded like 5 months ago already????

yo troll Derek come back so we can hear some more of your bullshit plz!!

17. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 20, 2016, 15:35 {PH}88fingers

El Pit wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 14:34:
vvenaya wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 14:23:
Odd. Where are the usual nay-sayers / Black knights ? finally realizing that SC may actually happen ?

Waiting for a finished game to be able to judge the final product fairly?

You actually believe they are quiet because they are waiting to judge a final product fairly? cereal? Have you not read past SC threads over the years? those guys patient and fair?

1. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 20, 2016, 12:20 {PH}88fingers

I think description wrong, I believe he said version 3.0 by years end, not October  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 17, 2016, 00:10 {PH}88fingers

Oh I see now... had looked too quickly the 1st time! ty  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 16, 2016, 22:11 {PH}88fingers

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 16, 2016, 20:08:
Ok there's a shitload of laptops one can buy with the new boards:

http://tinyurl.com/hzyavwu

So this Xotic PC laptops are good? Never heard of this. My last laptops were the ASUS ROG laptops which have served me VERY well and loved. I recommend them to friends who also loved them.
I still have a 970m laptop so not time for me to upgrade but my friend is about to get a new laptop with a 1070. was gonna go asus again but this post intrigues me.

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 2.5 Nears
2. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.5 Nears Aug 7, 2016, 12:51 {PH}88fingers

Wasn't the studio supposed to be broke by now?
where are all the idiots who were spamming how they had no money left and that it would be closed up by march of this year.

Or when is this new date? Will it all blow up in October?
I'm curious where all the professional arm char developers are, always love hearing their massive expertise in game making and how after 4 years we should have had the best game ever by now.

388 Comments. 20 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo