Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for IN88fingers

Real Name IN88fingers   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname {PH}88fingers
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2011, 20:38
Total Comments 441 (Amateur)
User ID 56316

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 23, 2017, 14:05 {PH}88fingers

AngelicPenguin wrote on Feb 23, 2017, 12:38:
Have you seen the Internet? It's a disaster. We will now have the best internet. People keep asking me about the internet, and now it will be great again.

LOL
fuckin hell... I still can't believe how dumb as fuck people are in general to have voted this guy in ... still baffles me completely.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > For Honor Beta Concludes Today
24. Re: For Honor Beta Concludes Today Feb 13, 2017, 10:46 {PH}88fingers

Kalthorn wrote on Feb 13, 2017, 08:16:
{PH}88fingers wrote on Feb 12, 2017, 18:31:
...currently the top players in the beta use m/kb. If you want an example, arteezy a pro gamer with over a million dollars in tournament winnings streams it often and he teams up w/ / plays against some of the best players currently in the game and he specifically said he was gonna buy the gamepad to be better and was told not to do that.
So maybe lay off the literally made me LOL bs a bit when you clearly don't know what you are talking about

I might be confused by your wording, but it seems like your supporting evidence would be a lot stronger if the pro gamer person in the story actually agreed with you. Instead he says controller is better but someone tells him "nuh uh!"

Apparently you thought that line of reasoning was so unassailable that merely quoting it here for others would not only convince them, but would justify an extra helping of trash talk.

So watch out, thecakeisalie, apparently one guy told this other guy "not to do that" so clearly you are full of shit.

Arteezy is not a pro gamer of For Honor, he is a pro dota player and obviously very good a many games. He plays with mkb and since he was learning For Honor by playing with the current top players of the beta, he mistakenly thought a controller would be easier and commented/asked as such. The top players of For Honor told him not to do that, it was better to stick to mkb to be the best. If you wish to call the currently best players of the beta "some other guy", whatever I guess?

News Comments > For Honor Beta Concludes Today
16. Re: For Honor Beta Concludes Today Feb 12, 2017, 18:31 {PH}88fingers

thecakeisalie wrote on Feb 12, 2017, 16:55:
Trevellian wrote on Feb 12, 2017, 16:29:
thecakeisalie wrote on Feb 12, 2017, 12:20:
If you're a PC user, don't pre-order and wait for the reviews. Don't fall for the hype.

Once you buy into the main game, which is designed primarily for consoles (so much so that trying to play without a console controller on PC is awkward at best), you'll be pretty much forced to buy the Season Pass/DLC if you want to keep playing online so you're looking at a huge chunk of money. This being Ubisoft, there are even microtransactions on top of this.

Caveat emptor. Cheers.

Incorrect, it uses the same business model they did with R6 Siege where every map released each season is free and every new operator is buyable with in game currency, the Season Pass is simply a shortcut to not have to spend in game currency on said opeators. Please understand a games microtransaction system if you're going to dig on it. R6/For Honor have one of the fairest Season Content systems out there and other games should take notice of it because it doesn't split the community with Map Packs like BF and COD do.

Also two of the guys I played the Beta with preferred keyboard completely over controller. I feel like a lot of people here on Blues are just looking for shit to complain about to the point they'll make anything up to dig on Ubisoft anymore.

Ok, this is like the argument people made for Infinite Warfare before they put in Supply-Drop-only crap in; that you could simply grind for whatever you wanted. Yeah, you can grind but good luck with that. If you want to grind for hundreds of hours to avoid shelling out for a Season Pass, go for it. Most people won't do that and will buy the Season Pass/DLC. Also, trying to say that the game doesn't play better on a console controller on the PC literally made me LOL. Seriously mate. That was funny.

Pre-ordering is silly after all the shenanigans that have happened in the last year with many games, not just ones by Ubisoft. No one should pre-order over-hyped games like this. It's not worth getting burned. I played 3 of the beta tests and was unimpressed. Peer-to-Peer matchmaking on a 69.99 CAD PC game in 2017 that requires me to buy a console controller is cringe-worthy. I would say this if it were EA, Activision or any other publisher, not just Ubisoft, sorry.

I have no issue with your comments about the shortcuts buying dlc etc, but don't go spouting as if you knew the end all answer that controller is better because you clearly have no idea. currently the top players in the beta use m/kb. If you want an example, arteezy a pro gamer with over a million dollars in tournament winnings streams it often and he teams up w/ / plays against some of the best players currently in the game and he specifically said he was gonna buy the gamepad to be better and was told not to do that.
So maybe lay off the literally made me LOL bs a bit when you clearly don't know what you are talking about

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs
31. Re: On Sale Feb 11, 2017, 14:19 {PH}88fingers

Beamer wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 13:02:
He has one share.

Which, to go on a tangential rant which doesn't specifically have anything to do with him, I do adore when middle class people act as if companies doing things for shareholders is good for them, because they hold $5,000 to $50,000 in that company, when in reality they're usually better off if the company does what's best for its employees and not its shareholders.

Being a shareholder only matters when you hold a tangible percentage of a company. If you don't, you're better off with that company giving its profits to its employees. Basically, if you aren't super rich, the company doing what's best for its shareholders usually means screwing you over and leaving you in a lesser place, even if you made $3,000 on the stock that year.

That kind of thinking goes way over the head of the majority of the people unfortunately. Especially right wingers. Even so many millionaires choose to fuck over everyone else for that slim slice of the shit given away to the families with hundreds of millions/billions.
When the richest 84 people in the world have as much wealth as the 3,5 billion poorest, you can quickly extrapolate what is really going on. But hey smaller government , dont tread on me usa usa guns abortion or something

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs
19. Re: On Sale Feb 11, 2017, 09:10 {PH}88fingers

Agent-Zero wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 00:58:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 00:44:
Cutter wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 23:03:
Yeah but GabeN is just indifferent whereas Nodick is outright evil.

It sounds like your assessment comes from personal experience and less from how they manage their products in the market. As far as I'm concerned as long as companies I've invested in as a shareholder are making profits legally and have some corporate governance and (or) responsibility then they're fine by me. Still, I think laying off staff after having a record quarter is uncool.

it sounds like your assessment comes from wanting everyone to know you are a shareholder and (or) a big deal. still, i think the post where you already mentioned that fact was more than enough

LOL what I was thinking

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 10, 2017, 12:28 {PH}88fingers

Zanthar wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 12:25:
Hold dota in one of the mexican border towns, so players have to dodge bullets, risk kidnapping, or being dismembered by a drug lord.

I see Fox news has succeeded in brain washing you shitless scared. mission accomplished.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 5, 2017, 14:18 {PH}88fingers

Agent-Zero wrote on Feb 5, 2017, 12:53:
survival is the new WW2

Rust is still the best of them

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
15. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 1, 2017, 19:27 {PH}88fingers

Suppa7 wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 10:31:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 09:29:
For a CPU that's supposed to come out in less than 50 days there sure isn't a lot of tangible info about it...

It's going to be another bulldozer, let's be honest CPU's have hit a brick wall in terms of performance and AMD was forced to sell their foundry. Basically the process and R&D lead of intel because all that criminal shit Intel did way back in the pentium 4 days starved AMD of funds and profits they needed to sustain themselves R&D. The management of AMD has just been fucking incompetent. Basically AMD is dying a slow death and has been just surviving.

Their acquisition of ATI was just bizarre and caused them to lose focus, basically they are doing what 3Dfx did. 3dfx stopped trying to be just a chip company like nvidia was and bought STB to sell their own branded videocards and ended up trying to do much and losing focus and then 3dfx chips got behind and 3dfx went bankrupt. Basically management tries to do do many things with limited funds and they end up screwing up their company they simply can never pick a god damn direction and stick with it. AMD's problem has been a bad luck /w intels anti competitive tactics + lack of focus. AMD had a chance way back in the day when it was competitive but "free" performance from process nodes shrinks stopped for both intel and amd because of heat/leakage and other problems they didn't totally forsee.

I remember when intel boasted we'd have 10-30ghz cpu's in the future and that was a decade ago. So much for 10Ghz CPU's, it's taken almost a decade to get get an extra 1GHZ or so above 3.4ghz Pentium4's and core 2 duo's.

Except you have no idea what you're talking about. AMD buying ATI pretty much saved them as a company not doomed them or lost focus as you would try to have us believe.
And not just the past 12 months where the company went from being a 2 billion dollar company to now being a 11 billion dollar company. the gpu end has kept them in the game a long time now and they should thank the ceo who pulled that off for the company when he did.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 18, 2017, 10:31 {PH}88fingers

jdreyer wrote on Jan 18, 2017, 02:20:
Charter Urges Fire Victims to 'Dig Through Rubble' For Cable Box.

STOP RAKING CUSTOMERS OVER THE COALS BY 'RENTING' THEM A GODDAMN CABLE BOX, AND THE PROBLEM IS SOLVED.

Seriously, just nationalize the fucking ISPs already and treat internet as an essential service like water or sewage.

Except Republicans are now in power my friend and they want to privatize all those things including water, sewage etc. Let's see how much awesome is going to happen in the next 4 years with the senate, house and orangutan in total control with a bunch of corporate shill democrats as opposition.
good luck lads

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Jan 12, 2017, 16:38 {PH}88fingers

Yeah currently running that Patriot Hellfire m.2 drive. for $230 am currently enjoying it  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: With No Warning, House Republicans Vote to Gut Independent Ethics Office. Jan 3, 2017, 11:31 {PH}88fingers

With No Warning, House Republicans Vote to Gut Independent Ethics Office.  

News Comments > Asheron's Call Games Ending
1. Re: Asheron's Call Games Ending Dec 20, 2016, 20:31 {PH}88fingers

Sad day in way. I never returned to AC once the cheaters got in there botting. but Dark Tide server was some of the most fun in gaming I ever had in 25 years.
Asheron's Call was one helluva game.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
2. Re: New GeForce Drivers Dec 5, 2016, 21:26 {PH}88fingers

I'm still on 375.95 with a 980Ti
works without issues on civ6, BF1, Overwatch, Planet Coaster, Rust and a few others i play atm, ill stick with this driver for a while probably.

8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 30, 2016, 19:45 {PH}88fingers

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Nov 30, 2016, 17:07:
Purchased a Dell small shit laptop for my missus a few months ago and it's atrociously slow considering it actually has quite a bit of ram and cpu power.. the problem is the 5400 rpm hard drive which I was trying to get a 500GB SSD but dell was asking like 700$ more for this.

Now i'm looking at it going I should have bought the SSD but maybe I'll try to do it myself and fuck up the warranty.

for sure man, I buy several laptops a year for family/ small business etc and I ALWAYS buy a stand alone ssd which i install myself as soon as i open the laptops out of the box. I dont even run it once, straight up open em up and switch out the hard drive for the SSD, it's SUPER simple don't be afraid. just make sure you have copy of the OS ready/handy
the difference is night and day... people that aren't running their laptops/desktops on ssd's are morons in this day and age considering how cheap a 240~ gb ssd is nowadays

-edit and no, you shouldn't have bought the option with SSD, the markups are insane, the best way is buying laptops at good prices with the standard piece of shit hard drive and buying a cheap 256gb ssd separately and swapping it out the moment you open the box.

this one currently on sale for $65
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820178967

This comment was edited on Nov 30, 2016, 19:53.

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 30, 2016, 16:23 {PH}88fingers

Nimh wrote on Nov 30, 2016, 13:38:
wtf_man wrote on Nov 30, 2016, 12:38:
Storage Real-World Performance: NVMe vs. SATA vs. HDD - TechSpot

Good general info and video comparison. Sometimes tech articles and charts just don't really convey the differences.

Nice comparison.. I picked up a few MX300 525Mb drives during the sale on Monday to finally upgrade my ancient X25M (which still has like 98% life remaining according to SSD toolbox). Looking forward to the boost.

All we need now are some new LGA1366 boards with NVMe and USB 3.0 support.

Yeah, I just bought new board, 16gb 3200mem, cpu, cooler and got a new m.2 board, but since the EVO 960 and Pro models doesn't look like any stock will be available until early 2017 I jumped on this one: Patriot Hellfire 480GB PCIe Gen3 x4 (M.2)
for $230
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01L44SEWQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

will be nice =D

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
5. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 26, 2016, 15:56 {PH}88fingers

Saboth wrote on Nov 26, 2016, 12:43:
Fortunately, I think "mandatory arbitration" is on the hit list of many Democrats and even some Republicans. Forcing Americans to take their legal issues to a private company that rules in favor of corporations 95% of the time is plain wrong. People should be able to bring their safety issues, fraud issues, etc. before our court system and the public eye. I think there is legislation in the works that will ban it, but with our new "pro corporate" administration, it will probably never happen.

lol

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards
12. Re: Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards Nov 24, 2016, 07:38 {PH}88fingers

I already have the majority of the good games,
this sale I just picked up
Wolfenstein the new order for 6.59
Assasins creed brother hood 6.79

10. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 23, 2016, 18:04 {PH}88fingers

Flatline wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 12:49:
Cutter wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 12:00:
What makes you think Putin won't do it now that his pal Don is in charge? I'm sure if he asks nicely the Rooskies will do just that. If I was Snow I'd be looking to head to Argentina or something PDQ!

Do you think Snowden is in Russia by choice? He was on his way... Somewhere I can't remember where specifically. But his passport was yanked by the US while he was in transition in Moscow. Russia granted him asylum but he can't really leave the country without a passport.

I'm not actually sure how Germany intends to get him to actually show up when he legally can't leave the country.

He was on his way to Ecuador when indeed he got stuck in Russia, and the right wingers had a field day saying he selling intel to the Ruskies, but now that Trump loves Russia and Putin, now all of a sudden the republicans love russia... go figure?

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 22, 2016, 23:03 {PH}88fingers

and all the idiots who believed Trump would "drain the swamp" are all just getting their news from the same garbage sources so they all won't even understand the shit that is actually going down.
drain the swamp straight to the white house alright

19. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 21, 2016, 14:31 {PH}88fingers

Tom Bonier, CEO of the polling firm Targetsmart, pointed out https://twitter.com/tbonier/status/800683256601575424 on Monday that “almost 20,000,000 Trump voters would lose time and a half overtime” under a Republican plan to reverse regulations put in place by President Barack Obama.

441 Comments. 23 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo