Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for IN88fingers

Real Name IN88fingers   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname {PH}88fingers
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2011, 20:38
Total Comments 359 (Amateur)
User ID 56316

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > Overwatch 21:9 Support Follow-up
22. Re: Overwatch 21:9 Support Follow-up Jul 13, 2016, 15:01 {PH}88fingers

fucking garbage  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Overwatch Adding Support Sniper, 21:9, and Competitive Hero Limit
2. Re: Overwatch Adding Support Sniper, 21:9, and Competitive Hero Limit Jul 12, 2016, 22:22 {PH}88fingers

awesome on the 21:9 support ! !  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
30. Re: LGR - Building a 486 DOS PC Jul 10, 2016, 09:45 {PH}88fingers

DG wrote on Jul 9, 2016, 17:28:
Hmm, so I guess I have to decide whether to bother switching from 7 to 10 sometime in the coming week, as afterwards I will not have time to do it before the free upgrade window ends.

Is there really much point to it, other than extending support + DX12?

Also, any ideas how well the upgrade path is working? I've been a clean-install type of guy for a long time but that'd be a huge hassle now.

I am also a clean install guy, have done it 100% of the time. This was the 1st time I did the upgrade win7 -> win10.

I've had zero problems. all my programs/games work as before.
I have no doubts windows would probably load a little faster and progs maybe too if I had done the clean install, but to be honest the lazyness was worth it imo in this instance, this i7-2600k with 16gb that i've had for so many years is still a dream ever since i put in an ssd 3+ years ago.

News Comments > Starbound This Month
5. Re: Starbound This Month Jul 9, 2016, 08:16 {PH}88fingers

Ozmodan wrote on Jul 9, 2016, 07:54:
In other words, we are tired of trying to update this game, don't expect many changes in the future.

so if you stay in pre-release for years you get shit on for taking more than 4 years to develop the game.
and then we you do finally release as this case, you still get shit on for that too. (see above)

what is the common theme?

This comment was edited on Jul 9, 2016, 08:52.

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider DirectX 12 Patch
11. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider DirectX 12 Patch Jul 9, 2016, 01:24 {PH}88fingers

shihonage wrote on Jul 8, 2016, 23:00:
Remember all the hype about DX11/12 offering direct hardware access pipeline which would make PCs graphics output as optimized as on consoles?

What a pile of ass.

a game has to be programmed from the ground up, these late "patches" to patch in dx12 is never going to get the performance increase you think it will.

News Comments > Witcher III: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition Plans
31. Re: Witcher III: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition Plans Jul 8, 2016, 10:46 {PH}88fingers

Jerykk wrote on Jul 8, 2016, 02:08:
{PH}88fingers wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 15:51:
so if I'm about to start playing, and I will eventually be buying the 2 expansions, should I buy them now before starting or complete the game and then buy the expacs one by one to complete?

The expansions are designed to be played in order of release. So main game -> Hearts of Stone -> Blood & Wine. You could try to play them out of order but it would be tough since the expansion quests are designed for high-level players.

ah sweet thank you !

27. Re: Witcher III: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition Plans Jul 7, 2016, 15:51 {PH}88fingers

so if I'm about to start playing, and I will eventually be buying the 2 expansions, should I buy them now before starting or complete the game and then buy the expacs one by one to complete?  

9. Re: Witcher III: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition Plans Jul 6, 2016, 12:46 {PH}88fingers

So i got about half way through Witcher 2 but lost my save or something.. got about 20% through W1.

I bought w3 pre-release just to support CDP cuz there are few devs like them anymore,
should I start w2 over or just go for W3 ? (I tend to have game-ADD when it comes to single player games so I'm thinking just skip straight to W3 but hoping I dont miss out on too much story...

News Comments > Blizzard Sues Over Overwatch Cheat?
25. Re: Blizzard Sues Over Overwatch Cheat? Jul 6, 2016, 09:11 {PH}88fingers

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jul 5, 2016, 16:44:
Tachikoma wrote on Jul 5, 2016, 16:35:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jul 5, 2016, 14:18:
Something I understand is Botting for relieving the grind game.

I can`t say I do understand.

If you need bots to "grind" for you then either the game is trash or you`re doing it wrong: shouldn`t the grind be an actual practice to get better at the game?

On the other hand I`m still living with the Quake mindset: games like Destiny where you endlessly chase some loot-carrot and that`s the whole point - instead of honing your skills - are a mystery to me. Why would you do that to yourself?

This is an easy answer. I don't need to better myself at daily quests.

If the game is very fun outside of obvious loot grinds like daily quests, and you're finding daily quests to be an obvious time sink and tedious but you don't want to hinder yourself with them. It's simple to understand that efficiency for enjoyment would be a bot to do them for you. It doesn't take away the "Skill" of the game, just the shit of the game. The bot could even be worse than me at aiming and everything.. I wouldn't care because I would be out mowing my lawn or playing with my kids and then when it's my time to sit and unwind I'm enjoying the labors of my shit bot and playing the actual fun parts of the game.

How is that not easy to understand? Do you not have a life filled with responsibilities?

I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you here: Back in the day, a game called Asheron's Call was released, a full pvp server called Darktide was born and man was that game AWESOME. For many years. to this day i count those as some of the best years i've had in gaming and I started pc gaming in like '94 when i was 13 years old playing war1 and war2.
I tend to play competitively so I generally rise to the top through skill and dedication, as it should be.
Asherons Call was then ruined completely by what you describe. the botters ruined the game, so many chars became super high lvl without the actual effort and time to get there. Took me years, took them weeks/months or whatever. Obviously we all quit the game shortly after and now it is but a memory, thanks to the bots "grinding". RIP AC Darktide.

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
17. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 3, 2016, 09:43 {PH}88fingers

yeah they are up to 117,000,000.00 now
pretty crazy. guys can call it a failure prematurely till they turn blue in the face, won't make it so. Because a big game ends up taking 4-5 years to make, or even 5-6, does not make it a failure because of 'delays'.. when the game finally comes out, I will judge it then, and decide if my $50 was wasted or not.

News Comments > Overwatch Adding 21:9 Ultra Widescreen Support
28. Re: Overwatch Adding 21:9 Ultra Widescreen Support Jun 27, 2016, 16:19 {PH}88fingers

Tachikoma wrote on Jun 27, 2016, 15:18:
{PH}88fingers wrote on Jun 27, 2016, 13:40:
Hmmm not sure.. I have a 980Ti oc;ed so I usually don't have a problem hitting high enough frames to push the 100hz monitor to its limit

I find it hard to believe, unless GSync makes it look like you are.

I'm sure gsync certainly helps, but considering this is an overwatch thread, I maintain a constant 100fps easily on this game in particular(OW has an easy checkmark in options to show game stats including fps)
I'd have to test on other games how low it dips and when but tbh i never felt it or noticed it or anything to try and compel me to find out console commands or download 3rd party progs to show fps etc.

26. Re: Overwatch Adding 21:9 Ultra Widescreen Support Jun 27, 2016, 13:40 {PH}88fingers

AngelicPenguin wrote on Jun 27, 2016, 12:52:
{PH}88fingers wrote on Jun 27, 2016, 07:33:
1badmf wrote on Jun 26, 2016, 18:38:
too bad there isn't a really good ultrawide monitor yet.

I have the ASUS ROG 34" 3440x1440p, IPS, GSYNC, 100hz

I love it...

https://www.asus.com/ca-en/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-SWIFT-PG348Q/

So how does that work when you can't push that resolution?

I run 3x24" screens in nvidia surround, so if I have the horsepower to run a game in 5760x1200, I can do that, but if the game is too demanding, I just run it on the middle screen at 1920x1200.

Hmmm not sure.. I have a 980Ti oc;ed so I usually don't have a problem hitting high enough frames to push the 100hz monitor to its limit

23. Re: Overwatch Adding 21:9 Ultra Widescreen Support Jun 27, 2016, 07:33 {PH}88fingers

1badmf wrote on Jun 26, 2016, 18:38:
too bad there isn't a really good ultrawide monitor yet.

I have the ASUS ROG 34" 3440x1440p, IPS, GSYNC, 100hz

I love it...

https://www.asus.com/ca-en/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-SWIFT-PG348Q/

3. Re: Overwatch Adding 21:9 Ultra Widescreen Support Jun 26, 2016, 17:02 {PH}88fingers

FUCK YESSSS!!!  

News Comments > Different Steam Top 10
14. Re: Different Steam Top 10 Jun 20, 2016, 16:39 {PH}88fingers

Dacron wrote on Jun 20, 2016, 15:49:
I'm waiting on Source 2's release, not Half Life 3 (likely coming together). With Source 2 comes the new generation of mods "ported straight out of quake", which should be a long awaited update of some of the most popular PC multiplayer titles.

? What does this mean? Not like they are going to be releasing the Source code to their engine. Source 2 is already here. Dota2 was rebuilt on Source2 and that's why it was called "dota reborn" for a while when it was news

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 2.4
28. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.4 Jun 12, 2016, 08:21 {PH}88fingers

Comet wrote on Jun 12, 2016, 07:59:
Everyone loves controversy. And as SC was able to raise more money then any other project a lot of people are just waiting to see it fail.

We got a lot of people just making predictions based on their knowledge of game development.
True. SC might burn and crash like so many other projects but I don't know how people can be more confident of this game failure then other projects.

Don't get me wrong. I hope you read my opinion with an open mind.

Some of my most highly expected games have been pushed to a 2017 release.
A couple of examples are Mass Effect Andromeda and Horizon : Zero Dawn.

Regarding these two games we have only seen a few minutes trailers and very little gameplay footage.
If you check Wikipedia, Mass Effect started development in 2012 and Horizon in 2011.

These games have been in development for about the same time or an even longer time than SQ42 and Star Citizen. SC crowdfunding campaign started in October 2012 after all.

Go to Youtube and check the available trailers for 2017 games like Mass Effect or Horizon. Then go check the available trailers for SC.
Imagine that SC was funded by a publisher and that you didn't have access to an alpha build. Much like you don't have access to an alpha build for upcoming games.

Could you really predict the games that would fail and succeed?

Look. Back when The Witcher 3 was in development, a disgruntled employee made some accusations regarding the game development state and how CD Projekt Red was providing an overly flattering impression of the game on the game trailers.

Check the articles : http://www.gamerheadlines.com/2014/10/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-issues/

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/witcher-3-studio-responds-to-crunch-accusations/1100-6422841/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/2i7gmx/the_witcher_3_development_issues_in_major_crunch

And quoting the developer :
"“It looks like many gaffers are painting CDP as some magical dev studio with only the best of interests of the gamers in mind. Trust me they are not.”
“The bullshitting with The Witcher 3 started from day 1. PR is creating an overblown vision of a game that doesn’t exist while the team is in crazy crunch time for over a year now. There’s some bad shit going on that if GAF knew GAF would not like.”

Yep. That is a Witcher 3 developer comment. Almost seems like something critics would say about SC. Overblown vision. A game that doesn't exist. Team in crazy crunch time. Damage control and all that.

I just think people are jumping way too soon into conclusions and making harsh comments and baseless accusations.

Given the amount of money CIG has raised and the number of people involved in its development (more than the number of developers that worked on The Witcher 3 for instance), SC is a AAA production.
Few AAA games get developed in 2/3 years. If there is something people can criticize CIG about is of giving an overly optimistic estimated release date. But that is so common in game development and in crowdfunding that it is a bit naive if you aren't really prepared for that.
After all, the majority of crowdfunding projects aren't delivered on time. Back in 2012 more than 83% of crowdfunded projects were delayed.
SC is a high profile crowdfunding title, but it is not taking much more time than other high profile crowdfunding projects.

Just check articles like the following one :
http://money.cnn.es/interactive/technology/kickstarter-projects-shipping/

A final note.
I have backed SC back in October 2012. I supported the project and obviously would love if it turns out great. But then again I have no illusions. Making truly great games is hard. I don't expect this game to be better than so many other games that have tried to be the "best game ever" in their respective genre and failed.
Games like The Witcher 3 with a Metacritic of 90%+ are hard to come by.
By the time SC is released (if it gets released) I might just be more interested in another game than on playing a game I backed 5 years ago.

Then again I don't feel betrayed if they need time to build the game.
The only point I'm trying to get across is just that, crowdfunded or not, SC suffers the same issues as any other big budget AAA title.
As much as for instance, I'm anxious to see how the next Mass Effect plays out, I cannot claim it will be better or worst than any other upcoming title.

Reasoned responses are not welcome here, this is scam plz stfu

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 2.4
6. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.4 Jun 11, 2016, 13:25 {PH}88fingers

I haven't tried in a while, downloading it now to test out see the new control scheme how it feels.

News Comments > FIFA 17 Announced
1. Re: FIFA 17 Announced Jun 7, 2016, 08:13 {PH}88fingers

what engine was F16 using  

News Comments > Overwatch Video Drivers
9. Re: Overwatch Video Drivers May 24, 2016, 09:00 {PH}88fingers

yeah I'm not saying its a great solution.
I'm using the default optimal power mode as I outlined in my previous post what it does, and it seems to be working fine for me so far.

News Comments > Overwatch Video Drivers
7. Re: Overwatch Video Drivers May 24, 2016, 08:43 {PH}88fingers

I don't know about that advice. Advice to the release to this driver if you have crashing issues is to set that power management mode to 'Prefer Maximum Performance' as a common troubleshooting step.

And on the 'optimal power mode', the new power management mode is related to what was said in the Geforce GTX 1080 keynote video. To further reduce power consumption while the computer is idle and nothing is changing on the screen, the driver will not make the GPU render a new frame; the driver will get the one (already rendered) frame from the framebuffer and output directly to monitor.

359 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo