Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for IN88fingers

Real Name IN88fingers   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname {PH}88fingers
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2011, 20:38
Total Comments 429 (Amateur)
User ID 56316

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
2. Re: New GeForce Drivers Dec 5, 2016, 21:26 {PH}88fingers

I'm still on 375.95 with a 980Ti
works without issues on civ6, BF1, Overwatch, Planet Coaster, Rust and a few others i play atm, ill stick with this driver for a while probably.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 30, 2016, 19:45 {PH}88fingers

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Nov 30, 2016, 17:07:
Purchased a Dell small shit laptop for my missus a few months ago and it's atrociously slow considering it actually has quite a bit of ram and cpu power.. the problem is the 5400 rpm hard drive which I was trying to get a 500GB SSD but dell was asking like 700$ more for this.

Now i'm looking at it going I should have bought the SSD but maybe I'll try to do it myself and fuck up the warranty.

for sure man, I buy several laptops a year for family/ small business etc and I ALWAYS buy a stand alone ssd which i install myself as soon as i open the laptops out of the box. I dont even run it once, straight up open em up and switch out the hard drive for the SSD, it's SUPER simple don't be afraid. just make sure you have copy of the OS ready/handy
the difference is night and day... people that aren't running their laptops/desktops on ssd's are morons in this day and age considering how cheap a 240~ gb ssd is nowadays

-edit and no, you shouldn't have bought the option with SSD, the markups are insane, the best way is buying laptops at good prices with the standard piece of shit hard drive and buying a cheap 256gb ssd separately and swapping it out the moment you open the box.

this one currently on sale for $65
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820178967

This comment was edited on Nov 30, 2016, 19:53.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 30, 2016, 16:23 {PH}88fingers

Nimh wrote on Nov 30, 2016, 13:38:
wtf_man wrote on Nov 30, 2016, 12:38:
Storage Real-World Performance: NVMe vs. SATA vs. HDD - TechSpot

Good general info and video comparison. Sometimes tech articles and charts just don't really convey the differences.

Nice comparison.. I picked up a few MX300 525Mb drives during the sale on Monday to finally upgrade my ancient X25M (which still has like 98% life remaining according to SSD toolbox). Looking forward to the boost.

All we need now are some new LGA1366 boards with NVMe and USB 3.0 support.

Yeah, I just bought new board, 16gb 3200mem, cpu, cooler and got a new m.2 board, but since the EVO 960 and Pro models doesn't look like any stock will be available until early 2017 I jumped on this one: Patriot Hellfire 480GB PCIe Gen3 x4 (M.2)
for $230
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01L44SEWQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

will be nice =D

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
5. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 26, 2016, 15:56 {PH}88fingers

Saboth wrote on Nov 26, 2016, 12:43:
Fortunately, I think "mandatory arbitration" is on the hit list of many Democrats and even some Republicans. Forcing Americans to take their legal issues to a private company that rules in favor of corporations 95% of the time is plain wrong. People should be able to bring their safety issues, fraud issues, etc. before our court system and the public eye. I think there is legislation in the works that will ban it, but with our new "pro corporate" administration, it will probably never happen.

lol

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards
12. Re: Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards Nov 24, 2016, 07:38 {PH}88fingers

I already have the majority of the good games,
this sale I just picked up
Wolfenstein the new order for 6.59
Assasins creed brother hood 6.79

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
10. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 23, 2016, 18:04 {PH}88fingers

Flatline wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 12:49:
Cutter wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 12:00:
What makes you think Putin won't do it now that his pal Don is in charge? I'm sure if he asks nicely the Rooskies will do just that. If I was Snow I'd be looking to head to Argentina or something PDQ!

Do you think Snowden is in Russia by choice? He was on his way... Somewhere I can't remember where specifically. But his passport was yanked by the US while he was in transition in Moscow. Russia granted him asylum but he can't really leave the country without a passport.

I'm not actually sure how Germany intends to get him to actually show up when he legally can't leave the country.

He was on his way to Ecuador when indeed he got stuck in Russia, and the right wingers had a field day saying he selling intel to the Ruskies, but now that Trump loves Russia and Putin, now all of a sudden the republicans love russia... go figure?

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 22, 2016, 23:03 {PH}88fingers

and all the idiots who believed Trump would "drain the swamp" are all just getting their news from the same garbage sources so they all won't even understand the shit that is actually going down.
drain the swamp straight to the white house alright

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
19. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 21, 2016, 14:31 {PH}88fingers

Tom Bonier, CEO of the polling firm Targetsmart, pointed out https://twitter.com/tbonier/status/800683256601575424 on Monday that “almost 20,000,000 Trump voters would lose time and a half overtime” under a Republican plan to reverse regulations put in place by President Barack Obama.

News Comments > World of Warcraft 12th Anniversary Celebration
10. Re: World of Warcraft 12th Anniversary Celebration Nov 21, 2016, 08:13 {PH}88fingers

Wallshadows wrote on Nov 20, 2016, 17:20:
CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 20, 2016, 16:37:
Eeeewwww... try to imagine the smell of a fat nerd who hasn't showered in 12 years. I wonder how many of those there are? How many people have lost their lives to this game in the past 12 years? It's kind of a scary thought that there are some real zombies out there who haven't partaken in life outside of WoW for over a decade.

It's hard to imagine someone such as yourself exists but here we are.

lol

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
2. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Nov 20, 2016, 16:19 {PH}88fingers

Luke wrote on Nov 20, 2016, 16:07:
NO , so forget it micspy 10

Have you ever posted anything longer than 4 word garbage?

News Comments > Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale
58. Re: Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale Nov 19, 2016, 22:10 {PH}88fingers

jdreyer wrote on Nov 19, 2016, 22:02:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 19, 2016, 20:27:
Exactly, SQ42 isn't even listed in their worked on projects, and this could mean a variety things, but one of them being that it's not being worked on currently by any internal RSI studio doesn't exactly inspire confidence....

Actually SQ42 is the one thing I have confidence in:

1. It's a traditional design, no pie-in-the-sky technology required to bring it to life.

2. It's run by Erin Roberts who has a proven track record of shipping games on time and budget.

3. It's got a defined scope.

Yeah that guy has no idea what he's talking about, the game is currently in development in the UK.

I am also a backer but no have not put in anything beyond the original amount. I don't bitch and moan though like alot of people here, the more money they pull in the more money is being put into the game so my 50$ goes that much further. What do I care how many rich idiots waste more of their money, I win in the end with the better game.
The richest country in the world just elected the biggest imbecile to be their president and somehow we are all surprised that there are shitloads of idiots out there

News Comments > Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale
19. Re: Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale Nov 19, 2016, 13:54 {PH}88fingers

jdreyer wrote on Nov 19, 2016, 13:46:
El Pit wrote on Nov 19, 2016, 12:29:
Peeeling wrote on Nov 19, 2016, 12:18:
Translation: "We don't have enough money left to finish what we promised a hundred million dollars ago".

Also:

Chris Roberts wrote on Nov 18, 2016, 12:00:
Not just in the salaries of the hundreds of people pouring their hearts into the project, but in the unpredictability of the groundbreaking technology that we need to develop to achieve a game of this scale and detail.

Translation: All the timelines we will give to you mean NOTHING because of the unpredictability [of the chairman] and scale and detail [that the chairman asked and is still asking for].

Project implosion within the next 12 months, I am afraid... Unless the believers buy SHIPS! AND MORE SHIPS! AND FLEETS!!!

As far as trusting RSI timelines they deserve no belief.

Does anyone know if funding is still coming in at the same levels as a year ago? That will determine if they'll still be in business in 2018 or not.

They pulled in abt USD 1,9 mil in April
1,3 mil in May
2,2 mil in June
900k in July
4,5 mil in August
2,5 mil in September
5,2 mil in October

and are now up to USD 132 million

News Comments > Overwatch Free Weekend
8. Re: Overwatch Free Weekend Nov 19, 2016, 10:51 {PH}88fingers

Pigeon wrote on Nov 19, 2016, 09:23:
Numinar wrote on Nov 19, 2016, 08:48:
Seems great, a much cleaner exciting version of TF2, which I also love. And with the same kind of after-launch support Blizzard is famous for it seems like a great buy. Unfortunately I think I've blown my gaming budget for the next year in the last 4 weeks so I'll wait a bit longer despite sale.

D.VA seems like a good beginner hero, won my first and only 2 MP games with her. Not many abilities or weapon modes to worry about, just shoot/shield/fly/self destruct! The interplay of different character abilities is super fun, like an FPS fighting game combined with heroes of the storm. I can see why this was/is such a big deal. Good stuff. Valve better be careful, if they go F2P and start selling hats for this or make a horde/mann vs machine type mode they are in trouble.

Agree with D.VA begin a good starter. Mei is also a good one, aim isn't that important (think pyro) and she has good survivablility. Soldier 76 is pretty straight forward and while he's a hit-box hero he has survivability with his heal. And Mercy is probably the easiest healer, she plays like Medic in TF2, but she's more at the mercy (harharhar) of her teammates' battle awareness than the other healers.

I've played a lot of McCree, I like the character, but I also do it to force myself to learn how to aim again. I do feel like he's lacking when compared to some of the other characters, I understand he got a pretty sizable nerf a few months ago, maybe they wnerfed a bit too much, or maybe he just has a high skill cap.

Anyways, been having a blast with the game for a few weeks now.

Luke wrote on Nov 19, 2016, 09:09:
Manga pos for the kids

I'm not sure, but over the last several days I've gotten the feeling Luke doesn't like Overwatch. Probably just my imagination.

He bitches about every single game, I'm not sure why he keeps returning to gaming websites since clearly he hates the hobby with a passion

News Comments > Overwatch Free Weekend
2. Re: Overwatch Free Weekend Nov 19, 2016, 07:40 {PH}88fingers

you should try again, please a few games till your mmr drops to the level it should be, then you will have more fun playing with others at the same skill lvl as you... its a pretty fun game, try some different heroes, I enjoy it much more on heroes that jibe with my playstyle  

News Comments > Planet Coaster Released
6. Re: Planet Coaster Released Nov 17, 2016, 22:09 {PH}88fingers

game has been purchased. ty  

News Comments > Planet Coaster Released
1. Re: Planet Coaster Released Nov 17, 2016, 21:12 {PH}88fingers

any good vids out there showcasing this game? that launch trailer is meh

might buy it after reading the last thread

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers & Warning
17. Re: New GeForce Drivers & Warning Nov 16, 2016, 07:02 {PH}88fingers

This comment is not to absolve Nvidia or anything of the sort. This is just my experience for reference anyone who's interested:

I installed these drivers, windows 10, 980Ti

Have played Civ6, Battlefield 1, Overwatch

no problems on any of them, all working well. I play at 2560 x 1440

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 14, 2016, 10:05 {PH}88fingers

NKD wrote on Nov 13, 2016, 22:23:
For my uses, I don't even bother with these platforms anymore.

Wait around a year or more for a minor performance increase, none of which surfaces in most games? Or just get the consumer socket version, and get the same performance cheaper and earlier.

Yeah I'm with you on that one

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Released
9. Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Released Nov 4, 2016, 14:09 {PH}88fingers

the amazon prime savings don't apply to the digital download option ?  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Released
8. Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Released Nov 4, 2016, 14:04 {PH}88fingers

So I haven't bought or played a single of the Call of Duty games (and I buy a shitloads of games) yet.

Should this be the 1st time? These games don't go down much in price, so if it is recommended, I may consider it for my 1st time.

429 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo