Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tessier Ashpoole

Real Name Tessier Ashpoole   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Primalchrome
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2011, 18:32
Total Comments 532 (Apprentice)
User ID 56308

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
17. Re: Op Ed Mar 8, 2018, 15:54 Primalchrome

jdreyer wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 13:49:
Hey, you never responded to me.
Damnation...missed that the first time around. Well done.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Mar 8, 2018, 11:12 Primalchrome

I don't think that Bailenson has done anything more than paper research.... If he's ever gone to a live range and then played with a Vive he'd realize that while there are some transferrable tactical aspects and muscle memory.... 90% of it is so distinctly different from the real world that you can't have a 1:1 association. Half the things that people do in Pavlov would get them slaughtered in a real world situation.  

News Comments > White House Games Summit Details
1. Re: White House Games Summit Details Mar 8, 2018, 11:02 Primalchrome

Game companies really should take this as an opportunity to advertise the ESRB ratings. They're pretty prominent on games, but I don't think a lot of parents either are aware or care. Particularly when you get into digital sales.  

News Comments > Grim Dawn: Forgotten Gods Revealed
22. Re: Grim Dawn: Forgotten Gods Revealed Mar 6, 2018, 13:49 Primalchrome

D2 > PoE > D3 (2.0) > GD

Grim Dawn's loot tables took a lot of the fun out of it. And the three guys I played mulitplayer with, we seemed to regularly have lockups and desyncs... So I've never gone back to it. Maybe if this is a couple of bucks on a Steam sale I'll give it a try again. It's hard to allocate time to it, because I still have PoE and D3 to fill that loot itch.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
17. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Mar 6, 2018, 13:43 Primalchrome

...how many weak-ass keyboard warrior suicide requests and deleted posts do you have to amass to be booted from Blues? At one time, Nutter made some really good points...but it's been years since he's been a reasonable human. You'd think this was League of Legends or something....  

News Comments > Overwatch Brigitte Story Trailer
2. Re: Overwatch Brigitte Story Trailer Mar 5, 2018, 18:39 Primalchrome

Ahhh....as long as she doesn't start yanking on the braid, I can get behind that sentiment. lol  

News Comments > D.I.C.E. Award Winners
4. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Winners Feb 23, 2018, 11:45 Primalchrome

I enjoy BotW...but I don't know that it deserved all three of those awards. Definitely not GotY....

It honestly feels more like a Zelda puzzle game with a story than an oldschool Zelda dungeoncrawler with a story.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 23, 2018, 11:42 Primalchrome

That 'top shelf' wisdom.  

News Comments > Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Released
1. Re: Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Released Feb 20, 2018, 21:32 Primalchrome

Awesome! Can't wait to look at a new version of AoE. Just going to plunk down my money right now! ....oh. Windows Store? Nevermind.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 19, 2018, 13:59 Primalchrome

KC:D looks great in all the streams. Think Skyrim with Fallout New Vegas level of detailed RPG elements. I can't tell if the combat is janky or just *different*....but it is definitely not simple hack and slash. Building yourself from an orphan to a noble....kind of a classic medieval fantasy tale.

That said, it's on my list.....but I'll wait a few months to buy. I've witnessed way too many bugs in the few hours I've watched. Losing an hour or two of progress because your save corrupted.... Nope. I don't have that kind of time to throw away any more.

News Comments > Path of Exile Bestiary League Next Month
6. Re: Path of Exile Bestiary League Next Month Feb 16, 2018, 11:37 Primalchrome

I play through a character every year or two...and have had a blast just about every time. I'm not sure why some people feel you have to 'beat' an MMO for it to be 'worth'. If you have hundreds of hours of enjoyment...isn't that the whole point?  

News Comments > Scrolls Ending Next Week
9. Re: Scrolls Ending Next Week Feb 8, 2018, 12:08 Primalchrome

It was abandoned even before its release date. I played it a bit on my tablet and thought it had real potential....but it was obvious that they had already flushed its future.  

News Comments > Kerbal Space Program Making History Next Month
2. Re: Kerbal Space Program Making History Next Month Feb 7, 2018, 10:52 Primalchrome

This is great news. Kerbal SP, Rimworld, and Terraria are probably some of the best examples of indie devs doing it all right.  

News Comments > Valve's Cliffe Arrested; Suspended
25. Re: Valve's Cliffe Arrested; Suspended Feb 2, 2018, 14:26 Primalchrome

Keep in mind that reporters aren't experts in all fields and regularly misuse key terms. What the article boils down to is that he's being held because there is sufficient reason for them to think he *may* be guilty. If in that holding period they think they have enough evidence they will press charges and proceed. If not, they'll let him out and dismiss it.....orrrrrr give him some rope to see if he hangs himself while they look for more evidence...  

News Comments > Are "Let's Play" Streams Legal?
72. Re: Are Jan 30, 2018, 00:50 Primalchrome

I get the distinct impression that some of the opinions are from people that have never watched 'lets play' or livestreams. ...or more importantly watched how a game can go from being an unknown beta/ea/release to a top 10 Steam sale in a week just because the prior week it was being played by some of the top streamers. Interest does not guarantee or entitle you to a sale. Some people are going to be fine hearing about it from friends, watching a streamer, or reading about the game in the latest issue of Joystick...

Sooner or later, some clueless suit at a publisher is going to pull the sponsorship/promo funds and demand money from streamers. Social media will explode. *ALL* streamers will stop playing said publisher's titles....and within a full release cycle that publisher will reverse its stance due to the millions in free marketing that they will lose.

News Comments > Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 Announced
1. Re: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 Announced Jan 24, 2018, 10:48 Primalchrome

Wow...the first one must've been a much bigger success than I thought.  

News Comments > BATTLETECH Multiplayer Changes; Linux Edition Delayed
10. Re: BATTLETECH Multiplayer Changes; Linux Edition Delayed Jan 17, 2018, 14:53 Primalchrome

Orogogus wrote on Jan 17, 2018, 14:23:
I was under the impression there were more fundamental gameplay changes than just initiative, like...
Yeah, there are some fairly significant changes from old school battletech. Some of it may feel similar to some house rules and the like...other changes feel more like modern RTT. It breathes a little life into a fantastic universe/game. Overall, it flows much better than some of the games over the years that tried to capture the more clunky feel of tabletop.

That said, you'll still see grognards howling and complaining that it's 'different' or doesn't have some particular playstyle they absolutely *have* to get to be satisfied....which they don't seem to get is part of the reason many devs aren't interested in licensing the IP.

(fair disclosure : Mechwarrior/Battletech fan since ~1989 on a Tandy 1000 and backed HBS's venture)

News Comments > Chinese PUBG Cheat Creators Arrested
33. Re: Chinese PUBG Cheat Creators Arrested Jan 16, 2018, 16:15 Primalchrome

Timmeh wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 13:19:
Good point... but the democrats love them some Chinese communism,... so its always possible we could see that added here. its probably a hate crime.

If you use a cheat in a game against someone of a non white race.. is that a hate crime?

You might laugh or scorn this... but... it aint that far fetched as crazy as the left is.
Uhm...while the democrats have their far left SJW nutbags, you do realize that this behavior is more in line with the far right Republican 'corporations trump citizen's rights' schtick, right?

News Comments > Dark Souls Remastered for PCs?
8. Re: Dark Souls Remastered for PCs? Jan 11, 2018, 13:31 Primalchrome

I'll probably buy it for both platforms just to support FROM. Man I'm really hoping for a BloodBorne port one of these days. A *solid* BloodBorne port.

@Retired has a great link there for ways to tweak the original DS for PC. That said, I don't have a clue how people play it with keyboard and mouse. Seems like after Steam's Big Picture mode started fully supporting DualShock2's you didn't need DSFix anymore......but that may just be a wonderful dream I had.

News Comments > VIVE Pro and Wireless Adaptor Announced
6. Re: VIVE Pro and Wireless Adaptor Announced Jan 8, 2018, 21:44 Primalchrome

I picked up a Vive on a Black Friday deal....and I'm truly impressed. The Vive Pro will be worth squirreling away a few ducats over the coming months.

Hey @DrSquick, have you tried any of these for a longer term quality experience :
Rec Room (free)
Fallout 4VR (can use teleport locomotion)
Elite Dangerous VR (very complex)
Karnage Chronicles

532 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo