Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tessier Ashpoole

Real Name Tessier Ashpoole   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Primalchrome
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2011, 18:32
Total Comments 456 (Amateur)
User ID 56308

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

News Comments > WARMACHINE: TACTICS Kickstarter
6. Re: WARMACHINE: TACTICS Kickstarter Jul 11, 2013, 14:15 Primalchrome

Admittedly, GW has become a truly evil company in the past decade and will sue anyone for the slightest perceived infringement of their IP.... But how on earth do you think they can sue Privateer Press? Warmachine is *nothing* like any of the GW properties...  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dota 2 Rollout Details
26. Re: Dota 2 Rollout Details Jul 10, 2013, 16:39 Primalchrome

I played Warcraft for fun...AoE2 and M:tFL at a ranked level. I think the Total War series is excellent and the Dawn of War series is great fun. I always thought the C&C and StarCraft were more click fest RTS rather than tactical/strategic in nature. That's my opinion....but it obviously doesn't translate into what the masses feel about those two platforms.

If you like feel that clickfest is the pinnacle of RTS, then you probably wouldn't like most MOBAs. That being said, again, your opinion would not translate into what the overwhelming masses feel about MOBAs. League of Legends is the #1 played game in the world. Their end of season tournaments dwarf *any* esport tournament in history. DOTA2 is doing the exact same thing within the Steam community.

Clickfest RTS fanbois feel that MOBAs aren't as complex or require as much strategic/tactical thought as their flavor of RTS. It's a silly position being taken by people that are looking at RTS from an unfounded elitist position. SC requires a great deal more attention in the form of keeping up with scads of units across an entire map. This has a huge amount of task loading for a gamer and is quite challenging and fun. MOBAs require keeping up with a much smaller number of units...but you are also keeping up with a huge number of variables not present in SC. You have to know how every character's abilities work...a general feel for their cooldowns...timing of minion waves and how they will fare against the opposing wave...the timing of neutral monster camps and the large monster objectives.....you have to concentrate a huge amount of micromanaging to your hero's position, resources, and actions based off all of those factors. Now the other factor...there are NINE other players that are wildcards in all of these variables.

Basically they're both task managment intensive.....one is more distributed...one is more focused. They're both insanely tough to master....just in different ways.

News Comments > Dota 2 This Summer
22. Re: Dota 2 This Summer Jun 17, 2013, 18:03 Primalchrome

Xero wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 15:33:
Controlling 1 hero and not having to worry about much else aside from your team work which in multi-player games in WC3 it was the same, just seems like a simplified version of Wc3.
You are totally correct in that it is simplified in that you play a single hero with between 5-10 abilities. The strategic element, almost infinite number of champion combinations, and forced teamplay are where the complexity comes in. Winning is not based on the number of actions per minute you can perform....ie, how quickly you can click your mouse. Success generally comes from working with the other players and flowing with them by reading both their actions as well as your enemies.

I didn't care for League of Legends when I first started playing....it wasn't until I had 20+ games under my belt that I realized that I was only understanding/appreciating the tip of the iceberg. I watch pro streams and play on three accounts now, and still feel like there is so much to learn and enjoy.

News Comments > Rise of the Triad Multiplayer Footage
4. Re: Rise of the Triad Multiplayer Footage Apr 16, 2013, 12:44 Primalchrome

One of the most fun multiplayer FPS that I've ever played. I broke many a keyboard with hammerfists while playing RotT back in the day.

Dog mode...God mode....drunk missle launcher....
Heatseekers dragged into wall torches for the WIN!

News Comments > Skyrim Patched
8. Re: Skyrim Patched Mar 21, 2013, 14:40 Primalchrome

What mods do you guys feel are important to enjoyment of the game? The only mod that I have kept enabled has been for inventory management....  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - SimCity; Refunds Offered for Launch Issues
36. Re: Ships Ahoy - SimCity; Refunds Offered for Launch Issues Mar 5, 2013, 12:11 Primalchrome

Origin only...not on Steam... Looks like they lost my $50, just like Mass Effect 3.  

News Comments > Bungie on PC Destiny Possibilities and How Nobody Wants to Play with Mouse/KB
12. Re: Bungie on PC Destiny Possibilities and How Nobody Wants to Play with Mouse/KB Feb 18, 2013, 20:32 Primalchrome

...if no one wants to use them, why not make them available with no handicapping? Could it be that you know that it would destroy the egos of all FPS console monkeys that think they are competitive with a gamepad? That you would see online play dominated by mouse/keyboard users and put paid to your sad lies?  

News Comments > Tribes Ascend Game of the Year Edition
7. Re: Tribes Ascend Game of the Year Edition Feb 14, 2013, 21:27 Primalchrome

DangerDog wrote on Feb 14, 2013, 20:13:
Still can't believe how badly they ruined the skiing and player movement from the original starsige tribes.
Skiing in Starsiege Tribes was a bug.... They didn't ruin it, they made it into a legitimate game mechanic rather than an exploit for the few.

News Comments > Rob Pardo on Jay Wilson and Diablo III
20. Re: Rob Pardo on Jay Wilson and Diablo III Jan 19, 2013, 21:18 Primalchrome

nin wrote on Jan 19, 2013, 20:40:
I love the way it ends us "tell us how to make it better" when people have been telling them how to do that for a year or more now...
QFT.
I remember the old Blizzard and Blizzard North. Those guys cared about the product and the gamers that would be enjoying it.

News Comments > Diablo III PvP Nears; Team Deathmatch Shelved
26. Re: Diablo III PvP Nears; Team Deathmatch Shelved Dec 28, 2012, 11:20 Primalchrome

Wait...people are still playing D3? Why?  

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown DLC Released; Two More Packs Planned
47. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown DLC Released; Two More Packs Planned Nov 30, 2012, 16:32 Primalchrome

1. save often in tactical view and reload to not lose important member of squad

HORRIBLE advice. What's the point playing the game with this approach? You need to feel your mistakes and correct your tactical approach if you're losing squaddies. In Normal, I lost one squaddie.....to friendly fire (not panicked). In Classic and higher, you should *expect* to lose squad members.

News Comments > League of Legends Soars
3. Re: League of Legends Soars Oct 12, 2012, 11:21 Primalchrome

The game is fantastic...but you're right, the community hurts overall gameplay. Between the Tribunal and Honor syste, Riot has gone a long way toward improving player interactions. The key to enjoyment is to friend people that you enjoy playing with, or join a community like http://www.lowelo.com

Funny thing about their account numbers is that everyone I know that plays has at LEAST one smurf account. So the 32 million active player numbers is probably somewhere in the 13 million range. Still damn impressive.

News Comments > DayZ Plans: Dogs Soon; Standalone Version Eventually?
53. Re: What I don't understand is.... Jul 9, 2012, 18:22 Primalchrome

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jul 9, 2012, 14:20:
Are you sure you bought the game? Laugh2

Bought it and the expansion on Steam, check my profile. It's alpha....it is an amazing concept that needs almost every aspect fixed. Until it moves farther along the development path, the hype is totally unfounded. Just look at the brilliant move to eliminate spawn camping by removing the pistol from the spawn kit....

It reminds me of CounterStrike or Desert Combat when I played them in early beta. Lots of issues, but WOW! what promise. The difference there is that I already owned Halflife and BF1942...which were well worth the barrier to entry.

50. Re: What I don't understand is.... Jul 9, 2012, 13:55 Primalchrome

RailWizard wrote on Jul 9, 2012, 12:38:
I agree it's not for everyone, or even most people. If the idea of running through some woods/fields for a couple hours, only to arrive at a tree stand with nothing but a couple empty cans and a bandaid doesn't do it for you, then it's probably not for you. ;)

You misunderstand. I want do do that. I enjoy that aspect of DayZ. I hate getting to the treestand and having to move my reticle around for 10 seconds until it finally allows me to pick up the items. Or spending 10 minutes scouting around a command tent....finding a set of rifles....and not being able to pick them up. Or having to deal with constant jitter or perspective shifts. It all detracts from a fantastic concept.

48. What I don't understand is.... Jul 9, 2012, 12:27 Primalchrome

How can people stand to play this game??? I bought ARMA II specifically because of the hype surrounding this mod. It was a waste of money. This is a true alpha with all the horrible gameplay you can imagine. Even the ARMA II engine feels like cobbled together code that was put together by a bunch of monkeys. The game has amazing promise....but results in a HORRIBLE experience. I can only hope a real mod group or gaming company remakes this under a different name and it runs on top of a decent engine. VALVE, ARE YOU LISTENING?  

News Comments > Age of Empires Online Beta Key Giveaway
61. Re: Age of Empires Online Beta Key Giveaway Apr 26, 2011, 14:34 Primalchrome

Would love to have a key! I really miss AOEII.  

456 Comments. 23 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo