Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tessier Ashpoole

Real Name Tessier Ashpoole   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Primalchrome
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2011, 18:32
Total Comments 456 (Amateur)
User ID 56308

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

News Comments > D.I.C.E. Award Winners
9. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Winners Feb 7, 2014, 16:53 Primalchrome

Cutter wrote on Feb 7, 2014, 14:55:
most people will never even get the chance to experience it?
That is a non-factor. Has nothing to do with the quality of the game and by that reasoning, PC games would be eliminated for being platform exclusive.
Cutter wrote on Feb 7, 2014, 14:55:
And D3? Cereal? This is why award shows are bunk and no one takes them seriously.
That's probably the best example of a stinker winning. That should have gone to DOTA2, hands down.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Winners Feb 7, 2014, 12:49 Primalchrome

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Feb 7, 2014, 11:33:
The Last of Us winning for "Most Innovative" is a start...

That's a great game but it's a zombie-themed action-adventure game, there's nothing innovative about it other than the fact an action game is well written.
Whereas I agree in that Papers Please should have taken the Innovative category, I disagree that there was nothing innovative about tLoU. It was more than just a zombie-themed game in the same way that HalfLife was more than just another demons from hell shooter.

There were a few of the awards I think should have gone to other nominees, but on the whole I didn't think it was filled with bad choices.

3. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Winners Feb 7, 2014, 11:00 Primalchrome

What exactly is a crock? The fact that Last of Us swept the awards or something more specific?  

News Comments > Amazon acquires Double Helix Games
7. Re: Amazon acquires Double Helix Games Feb 6, 2014, 15:12 Primalchrome

Kindle Exclusives!!! Amazon acquires the Ouya!!! Amazing pseudo-tablet android consoles for all!!!

This makes us happy, right? Right? Someone tell me that's right....

News Comments > Dark Souls II on May 31?
5. Re: Dark Souls II on May 31? Feb 3, 2014, 15:57 Primalchrome

Ugh...I really need to go back and play Dark Souls. I bought it on Steam when it was on sale...kind of on a lark. Heard a mixture of horror stories and awe from some friends and put it on a back burner.  

News Comments > John Carmack Offers QuakeCon Talk
3. Re: John Carmack Offers QuakeCon Talk Jan 31, 2014, 10:51 Primalchrome

Just to foster the illusion of continuity, I hope id takes Carmack up on his offer....  

News Comments > EA Taking Lessons From Launching BF4
19. Re: EA Taking Lessons From Launching BF4 Jan 29, 2014, 11:47 Primalchrome

Wait.... A commander, 60fps and 64 players in a game is INNOVATIVE? Starsiege Tribes had that 15 YEARS AGO!!!  

News Comments > Steam Machines Announcement
25. Re: Steam Machines Announcement Jan 7, 2014, 00:49 Primalchrome

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 00:12:
Fantaz wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 23:04:
DOS Days > All

Loadhigh="hahanoway.sys"

I had like 6 boot options and getting Ultima 7 to run with sound and a mouse driver suckkkked. D:
Ahh yes...the good old DOS days. Buy Dark Sun: Shattered Lands for $60+ from EB...then realize you couldn't finish due to a bug. I think after talking to SSI's support it only took 4-6 weeks for them to ship me the floppy with the patch on it.

News Comments > Full Steam Machines Ahead at CES
24. Re: Full Steam Machines Ahead at CES Jan 6, 2014, 17:09 Primalchrome

Wait...is this Blues? Where are all the "GABE IZ TEH ANTIKRIST! STEAM IZ TEH 3VIL! DRM!!!" posts?

That being said...I'm tempted to buy one for the living room just to replace the laptop that I have hooked up to play games in Big Picture Mode.

News Comments > Steam Holiday Sale
12. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2013, 01:00 Primalchrome

Silicon Avatar wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 00:27:
someone created a Shufflepuck Cafe clone called Shufflepuck Cantina. That name is a blast from the past...
Thanks SA! I've added Shufflepuck Cantina to my Wishlist and will be keeping an eye out to see if it goes on sale. I spent many a hour in the Cafe and hope the Cantina is just as addictive.

News Comments > QuakeWorld Turns 17 and This Day in Gaming History
23. Re: QuakeWorld Turns 17 and This Day in Gaming History Dec 18, 2013, 15:50 Primalchrome

ViRGE wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 11:26:
Ahh Tribes. It was ahead of its time and yet everything that follows only gets farther and farther from the purity of its vision.
So true. 64 player games. Vehicles. Mobile infantry. Troop carriers. Destructable bases. Amazing mods (Renegades anyone?).

News Comments > GOG.com's Money Back Guarantee
33. Re: GOG.com's Money Back Guarantee Dec 9, 2013, 22:31 Primalchrome

>chuckle< I wish I lived in a world that was so simple that I could boil down evil into equating Gabe Newell with Satan/Kali/Loki/Nurgle/Hel. If someone doesn't like Steam, that's cool...they're welcome to their opinion, especially if it is rational and well thought out. It does get amusing though when paranoia becomes the overwhelming theme in a person's gaming mantra....akin to those foamy mouth folks you run across ranting about how we never landed on the moon.  

30. Re: GOG.com's Money Back Guarantee Dec 9, 2013, 17:51 Primalchrome

Goodguy HorrorScope.  

26. Re: GOG.com's Money Back Guarantee Dec 9, 2013, 16:41 Primalchrome

Optional Nickname! wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 16:16:
tl/dr: Think about your reaction if GOG suddenly claimed the right to lock you out of all of your games, much like Good 'Ole Gabe, the best friend of gaming, does.
Different animal unless GOG had games meant to be played public mulitplayer....competitively at that...and they allowed <sarcasm>'mods'</sarcasm> that ruin the mulitplayer experience for a significant percentage of players. I think under those circumstances you might see public outcry for far sweeping player bans.

I can only assume that you never played Counterstrike back during the height of the speedhacks that ruined all but password protected servers? Just about every modern company/game that fits those criteria has a massive ban hammer ready to be used on kiddies that get their rocks off impacting the experience of other players, so lets not run wild with our bias and try to lay it all at the feet of Gabe, M'Kay?

Steam, Blizzard, Sony, Riot, etc....

13. Re: GOG.com's Money Back Guarantee Dec 9, 2013, 13:48 Primalchrome

ViRGE wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 12:08:
Seeing as how the very first thing Steam does (by default) is install a game you buy, there wouldn't be much of a point to such a policy.
No...no it doesn't. It prompts you to install the game yourself. I have probably 20 games on my Steam account that have never been downloaded.

3. Re: GOG.com's Money Back Guarantee Dec 9, 2013, 10:17 Primalchrome

There is some good language in this "irretractable problems" and "as long as the game wasn't downloaded". Hopefully a fair policy will show that most of the people howling about not being able to return games are those trying to game the system.  

News Comments > Telltale Announces Tales from the Borderlands
7. Re: Telltale Announces Tales from the Borderlands Dec 8, 2013, 17:56 Primalchrome

Just out of curiosity, why the Borderlands hate? Admittedly I didn't buy BL1 until a couple months ago, but I thought the writing and voice acting in BL2 was hillarious....  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Speedball 2 HD
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Speedball 2 HD Dec 5, 2013, 22:10 Primalchrome

I loved Speedball 2 : Brutal Deluxe on my Amiga.  

News Comments > Steam Breaks 7M Concurrent Users
28. Re: Steam Breaks 7M Concurrent Users Dec 2, 2013, 21:50 Primalchrome

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 2, 2013, 15:55:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 2, 2013, 13:17:
You can't say PC Gaming is booming when 9 out of 10 pure PC-games come out as broken messes. I forgot to mention Legends of Pegasus ;p It's not just Publishers, Quality of releases went downhill overall.
It's unfair to look only at PC exclusives, as they tend to be rather niche - there is simply more money in multi-platform games.
I think it's also fair to bring up the fact that the most played video game in the WORLD is PC Exclusive : League of Legends. It is also the most watched video game in the world, bringing in 8 million viewers in the Season 3 Worlds Series.

News Comments > Steam Reviews Open Beta
5. Re: Steam Reviews Open Beta Nov 25, 2013, 14:15 Primalchrome

InBlack wrote on Nov 25, 2013, 14:03:
How would they be held accountable? Pray tell, please.
....er...because they will have an account they're invested in linked to the reviews? Because you won't be able to build throwaway accounts to troll? Because there will be oversight for abuse?

Mebbe you should read the site before asking questions that were spelled out pretty clearly there?

456 Comments. 23 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo