Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tessier Ashpoole

Real Name Tessier Ashpoole   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Primalchrome
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2011, 18:32
Total Comments 523 (Apprentice)
User ID 56308

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries Video Teases New Biomes
20. Re: MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries Video Teases New Biomes Mar 16, 2018, 11:41 Primalchrome

Goodtry wrote on Mar 16, 2018, 00:20:
What's wrong with Mechwarrior online?
That's a loaded question. I'll give you a quick synopsis of why people whine about MWO :
- They made promises they didn't keep like 3rd person viewing.
- There's no single player
- They made it F2P rather than $60 flat.
- I can't *own* a physical copy of the game.
- You have to grind out additional chassis rather than have all of them available when you start.
- Nitpicks about how weapons work and 'canon'.
- Nitpicks about everything else and 'canon'.
- And my absolute favorite : "I can't play the game the way I want to." IE, I suck and my favorite loadout is shit and I get steamrolled when I try to shoehorn it into a game. Like boating Small Lasers and charging across a wide open field screaming 'bushido!".

Basically old grognards (like me) are the biggest detriment to new Battletech games because they will piss and moan about EVERY goddamn thing.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Arizona Sunshine Dead Man DLC This Spring
2. Re: Arizona Sunshine Dead Man DLC This Spring Mar 15, 2018, 11:15 Primalchrome

That's a different opinion....this game shows up on just about every VR shooter recommendation that I run across. I've been too busy with Fallout 4VR and Karnage Chronicles to start another...  

News Comments > BATTLETECH Trailer
16. Re: BATTLETECH Trailer Mar 15, 2018, 11:11 Primalchrome

I've been very impressed with the beta so far. Looking forward to the campaign and PvP modes. I love that modding looks to be relatively straightforward...  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2018, 11:27 Primalchrome

Hawking's loss is something that the entire world will have to bear. He was a pretty amazing guy not only for his work...but also overcoming odds that most won't even consider fighting.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 13, 2018, 11:55 Primalchrome

Enjoyed the Ready Player One book.....but part of me is really turned off by the movie. This could have been a great crossover event between studios and IPs....a bit like a tribute to the spirit of the book. Instead....it's a megacorp pushing only their IP. sigh.  

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Mar 12, 2018, 12:46 Primalchrome

The Guardian....The Huffington Post....Fox News.... Can't really take any of them seriously. They're all in it for the entertainment/activism.  

News Comments > Op Ed
30. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Mar 9, 2018, 22:31 Primalchrome

YourNick wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 23:25:
How much training do you really need to point a gun and pull the trigger...
Very little. Now if you want to hit a target...a great deal. Particularly in the field.

News Comments > White House Game Summit Recap
49. Re: White House Game Summit Recap Mar 9, 2018, 22:26 Primalchrome

Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 9, 2018, 17:40:
It's gotten to be such a pain in the ass for law abiding gun owners, but it still hasn't really done anything for crime. Half of the bullshit gun laws....
No offense, dude...but where the hell do you live? Due to certain circumstances (not intent/choice), I currently have enough weaponry to comfortably outfit a scratch platoon....with plenty of magazines as spares. No hyperbole in that statement. I've never had a single issue acquiring a reasonable firearm or accessory. Frankly, it's too damn easy.

Can anyone explain the "'Murika! Support the Troops!" mentality that also stocks weaponry in case they need to overthrow the tyranical government? Isn't that kinda, you know, a pretty direct contradiction?

News Comments > White House Game Summit Recap
9. Re: White House Game Summit Recap Mar 9, 2018, 12:04 Primalchrome

I'm a gun owner. I hunted as a kid/young adult. I play a metric shit ton of video games.

School shootings are either a gun problem....or a mental health problem. All of you 'thoughts and prayers' fucknuts know this. So get off your fucking stick and either we go with revamping healthcare or we revamp gun control. Moving either one a few steps toward a modern/rational solution would do wonders. You can't have *both* being a shitshow designed to benefit corporations.

News Comments > Valve Plans to Make Games
16. Re: The Battle for Star Control Continues Mar 9, 2018, 11:59 Primalchrome

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 9, 2018, 11:35:
WalMart/Amazon/Target/Sears/Safeway/Kohls/Ad Nauseum don't review the products or games they sell. But Steam should be different, amirite.
Exactly. When I walk into Target to pick up a jar of peanut butter, I don't whine that they carry some of the shittiest auto accessories on the market. You just don't bother going down that aisle and throwing your money away. Don't get me wrong, I'm all in favor of some minimum requirements to get a game on Steam....but I'm not interested in another walled garden.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 9, 2018, 11:54 Primalchrome

Is Slashdot still a thing? After Katz's Columbine bullshit, CmdrTaco selling out, and it going corporate chic, I didn't think it was really relevant any more.  

News Comments > Op Ed
17. Re: Op Ed Mar 8, 2018, 15:54 Primalchrome

jdreyer wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 13:49:
Hey, you never responded to me.
Damnation...missed that the first time around. Well done.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Mar 8, 2018, 11:12 Primalchrome

I don't think that Bailenson has done anything more than paper research.... If he's ever gone to a live range and then played with a Vive he'd realize that while there are some transferrable tactical aspects and muscle memory.... 90% of it is so distinctly different from the real world that you can't have a 1:1 association. Half the things that people do in Pavlov would get them slaughtered in a real world situation.  

News Comments > White House Games Summit Details
1. Re: White House Games Summit Details Mar 8, 2018, 11:02 Primalchrome

Game companies really should take this as an opportunity to advertise the ESRB ratings. They're pretty prominent on games, but I don't think a lot of parents either are aware or care. Particularly when you get into digital sales.  

News Comments > Grim Dawn: Forgotten Gods Revealed
22. Re: Grim Dawn: Forgotten Gods Revealed Mar 6, 2018, 13:49 Primalchrome

D2 > PoE > D3 (2.0) > GD

Grim Dawn's loot tables took a lot of the fun out of it. And the three guys I played mulitplayer with, we seemed to regularly have lockups and desyncs... So I've never gone back to it. Maybe if this is a couple of bucks on a Steam sale I'll give it a try again. It's hard to allocate time to it, because I still have PoE and D3 to fill that loot itch.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
17. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Mar 6, 2018, 13:43 Primalchrome

...how many weak-ass keyboard warrior suicide requests and deleted posts do you have to amass to be booted from Blues? At one time, Nutter made some really good points...but it's been years since he's been a reasonable human. You'd think this was League of Legends or something....  

News Comments > Overwatch Brigitte Story Trailer
2. Re: Overwatch Brigitte Story Trailer Mar 5, 2018, 18:39 Primalchrome

Ahhh....as long as she doesn't start yanking on the braid, I can get behind that sentiment. lol  

News Comments > D.I.C.E. Award Winners
4. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Winners Feb 23, 2018, 11:45 Primalchrome

I enjoy BotW...but I don't know that it deserved all three of those awards. Definitely not GotY....

It honestly feels more like a Zelda puzzle game with a story than an oldschool Zelda dungeoncrawler with a story.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 23, 2018, 11:42 Primalchrome

That 'top shelf' wisdom.  

News Comments > Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Released
1. Re: Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Released Feb 20, 2018, 21:32 Primalchrome

Awesome! Can't wait to look at a new version of AoE. Just going to plunk down my money right now! ....oh. Windows Store? Nevermind.  

523 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo