Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tessier Ashpoole

Real Name Tessier Ashpoole   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Primalchrome
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2011, 18:32
Total Comments 503 (Apprentice)
User ID 56308

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 19, 2018, 13:59 Primalchrome

KC:D looks great in all the streams. Think Skyrim with Fallout New Vegas level of detailed RPG elements. I can't tell if the combat is janky or just *different*....but it is definitely not simple hack and slash. Building yourself from an orphan to a noble....kind of a classic medieval fantasy tale.

That said, it's on my list.....but I'll wait a few months to buy. I've witnessed way too many bugs in the few hours I've watched. Losing an hour or two of progress because your save corrupted.... Nope. I don't have that kind of time to throw away any more.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Path of Exile Bestiary League Next Month
6. Re: Path of Exile Bestiary League Next Month Feb 16, 2018, 11:37 Primalchrome

I play through a character every year or two...and have had a blast just about every time. I'm not sure why some people feel you have to 'beat' an MMO for it to be 'worth'. If you have hundreds of hours of enjoyment...isn't that the whole point?  

News Comments > Scrolls Ending Next Week
9. Re: Scrolls Ending Next Week Feb 8, 2018, 12:08 Primalchrome

It was abandoned even before its release date. I played it a bit on my tablet and thought it had real potential....but it was obvious that they had already flushed its future.  

News Comments > Kerbal Space Program Making History Next Month
2. Re: Kerbal Space Program Making History Next Month Feb 7, 2018, 10:52 Primalchrome

This is great news. Kerbal SP, Rimworld, and Terraria are probably some of the best examples of indie devs doing it all right.  

News Comments > Valve's Cliffe Arrested; Suspended
25. Re: Valve's Cliffe Arrested; Suspended Feb 2, 2018, 14:26 Primalchrome

Keep in mind that reporters aren't experts in all fields and regularly misuse key terms. What the article boils down to is that he's being held because there is sufficient reason for them to think he *may* be guilty. If in that holding period they think they have enough evidence they will press charges and proceed. If not, they'll let him out and dismiss it.....orrrrrr give him some rope to see if he hangs himself while they look for more evidence...  

News Comments > Are "Let's Play" Streams Legal?
72. Re: Are Jan 30, 2018, 00:50 Primalchrome

I get the distinct impression that some of the opinions are from people that have never watched 'lets play' or livestreams. ...or more importantly watched how a game can go from being an unknown beta/ea/release to a top 10 Steam sale in a week just because the prior week it was being played by some of the top streamers. Interest does not guarantee or entitle you to a sale. Some people are going to be fine hearing about it from friends, watching a streamer, or reading about the game in the latest issue of Joystick...

Sooner or later, some clueless suit at a publisher is going to pull the sponsorship/promo funds and demand money from streamers. Social media will explode. *ALL* streamers will stop playing said publisher's titles....and within a full release cycle that publisher will reverse its stance due to the millions in free marketing that they will lose.

News Comments > Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 Announced
1. Re: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 Announced Jan 24, 2018, 10:48 Primalchrome

Wow...the first one must've been a much bigger success than I thought.  

News Comments > BATTLETECH Multiplayer Changes; Linux Edition Delayed
10. Re: BATTLETECH Multiplayer Changes; Linux Edition Delayed Jan 17, 2018, 14:53 Primalchrome

Orogogus wrote on Jan 17, 2018, 14:23:
I was under the impression there were more fundamental gameplay changes than just initiative, like...
Yeah, there are some fairly significant changes from old school battletech. Some of it may feel similar to some house rules and the like...other changes feel more like modern RTT. It breathes a little life into a fantastic universe/game. Overall, it flows much better than some of the games over the years that tried to capture the more clunky feel of tabletop.

That said, you'll still see grognards howling and complaining that it's 'different' or doesn't have some particular playstyle they absolutely *have* to get to be satisfied....which they don't seem to get is part of the reason many devs aren't interested in licensing the IP.

(fair disclosure : Mechwarrior/Battletech fan since ~1989 on a Tandy 1000 and backed HBS's venture)

News Comments > Chinese PUBG Cheat Creators Arrested
33. Re: Chinese PUBG Cheat Creators Arrested Jan 16, 2018, 16:15 Primalchrome

Timmeh wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 13:19:
Good point... but the democrats love them some Chinese communism,... so its always possible we could see that added here. its probably a hate crime.

If you use a cheat in a game against someone of a non white race.. is that a hate crime?

You might laugh or scorn this... but... it aint that far fetched as crazy as the left is.
Uhm...while the democrats have their far left SJW nutbags, you do realize that this behavior is more in line with the far right Republican 'corporations trump citizen's rights' schtick, right?

News Comments > Dark Souls Remastered for PCs?
8. Re: Dark Souls Remastered for PCs? Jan 11, 2018, 13:31 Primalchrome

I'll probably buy it for both platforms just to support FROM. Man I'm really hoping for a BloodBorne port one of these days. A *solid* BloodBorne port.

@Retired has a great link there for ways to tweak the original DS for PC. That said, I don't have a clue how people play it with keyboard and mouse. Seems like after Steam's Big Picture mode started fully supporting DualShock2's you didn't need DSFix anymore......but that may just be a wonderful dream I had.

News Comments > VIVE Pro and Wireless Adaptor Announced
6. Re: VIVE Pro and Wireless Adaptor Announced Jan 8, 2018, 21:44 Primalchrome

I picked up a Vive on a Black Friday deal....and I'm truly impressed. The Vive Pro will be worth squirreling away a few ducats over the coming months.

Hey @DrSquick, have you tried any of these for a longer term quality experience :
Rec Room (free)
Fallout 4VR (can use teleport locomotion)
Elite Dangerous VR (very complex)
Karnage Chronicles

31. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 1, 2018, 01:44 Primalchrome

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 22:03:
So of the games you listed did you play any of them? You're off the mark on GTAV and ACO.
I didn't list the games...they were brought up by someone else, I was simply pointing out that they all had issues. And yes, I own all of those titles. GTAV and ACO are just extensions of a successful franchise...incremental improvements with most of the new releases. You're right about GTAV, 'janky' wasn't fair. The controls have come a long way and it's actually pretty smooth. ACO...meh...incremental improvements across the board, but it really did seem to be more of the same at the end of the day....but that's just a matter of taste. One of my kids goes nuts for every new AC release.

At the end of the day, it was just to address the silly moniker of 'proven titles' that 'deserve' sales figures or somesuch nonesense. Most of those 'proven titles' have their own issues.
And 'earned' is just that...whether it made the sale.

28. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 31, 2017, 20:53 Primalchrome

MacLeod wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 18:56:
Did you just call me an erudite mouthbreather?
Never. You, sir, are a mouthbreathing erudite.

Remember when Roberta Williams made some kind of actual comment like that? LOL.

11. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 31, 2017, 18:05 Primalchrome

Remember when that game Doom was topping the list in 2016? Well, you know those shifty Gen-Xers and their ADD. Spiked at 40k a year ago and is around 3k players a day now...

Day-Z....never broke 30k players in a day. Never. Total owners below 4 million.

PUBG...500k+ every single day for the last 5 months. For the last two months between 2.5 and 3 million players per day. Total owners over 25 million.

But you're right...they're both the exact same and flashes in the pan. It'll last another week...tops. Just step outside the the cheaters/bugs/EA/crates echo chamber and you might be surprised. PUBG is to battle royale what Quake was to competitive FPS in the 90's. It is the most refined product in the genre. Will it reign as long? Probably not...because the modern game industry moves a lot faster.

GTAV - microtransactions...janky controls...same old same old...albeit supposedly great writing.
CS:GO - OK to cite if used against another game, the king of top 10's...but if anyone mentions it alone, we're supposed to howl about cheaters and crates
DS3 - still not as good as DS, but better than DS2 or DeS. Very limited target market. has had massive hacking and balance issues
W3 - Dogshit janky controls on release...should have been called beta or EA. First patch brought controls to AAA release quality....from a proven studio... again, since it is the prom queen, we're not allowed to mention that she had chlamydia until she got dosed.
ACO - ...rinse repeat. Recycled experience that people keep coming back for.

Some of you guys are amusing. If you don't like it or you see millennials playing it...it must be simplistic trash in a shiny wrapper and further bolstering your self worth as a 1337 old skool gamer. Same has been said about MOBAs by many of you. Oddly, they're still generating tens of millions of dollars and pulling the largest views of video game competitions. Again, I'm sure I'm not patient enough waiting years for it to flare out and die like some keep saying.

Jesus fucking Christ I miss the days when everyone looked down on gamers as useless geeks. At least we tended to band together somewhat and respect the fact that the erudites enjoyed King's Quest and the mouthbreathers played Wolfenstein 3D. But it didn't matter because we were still happy to see something new on a floppy....

7. Re: Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 31, 2017, 15:12 Primalchrome

Kxmode wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 13:38:
PUBG is driven entirely by hype. I'll be happy when it falls off the list. No EARLY ACCESS / CROWDFUNDED / UNFINISHED title should have those kinds of numbers; especially above proven titles like GTA5, CS:GO, DS3, W3, and ACO.
ROFL. You forgot your "/s" at the end.

1. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 31, 2017, 13:05 Primalchrome

Cue comments about overwhelming number of cheaters ruining the experience for everyone...hence the fact the playerbase is so small. Because everyone hates it. Except for the Chinese...because all the players are cheaters. And stupid kids who are spoiled and can only appreciate twitch shooters and crate games.  

News Comments > World of Tanks Plans Major Changes; Offers New Engine Demo
16. Re: World of Tanks Plans Major Changes; Offers New Engine Demo Dec 24, 2017, 11:21 Primalchrome

Played WoWS and am now dabbling in Tanks. WoWS advancement became very slow around tier 7-8 (depending on the line you were working). Tier X ships were generally run at a negative income to keep the lower tiers populated....which frankly was fine with me. My favorite ships were tiers 5-8 anyway.

Tanks....feels painful from Tier I all the way up. Tiers I-IV are a shitfest that really don't teach you anything about angling, terrain, or chassis. Then Tier V it really starts to matter and you're largely clueless. Tank Crew skills seem massively overpowered in Tanks as opposed to Warships. I regularly find myself sitting still waiting for my reticle to shrink and an opponent drives up a ridge, snapshots, and ducks back before I have a reasonable % chance to hit him due to the reticle.

Shrug. I play it to hang out with friends.

News Comments > Fallout 4 VR Released
4. Re: Fallout 4 VR Released Dec 12, 2017, 16:04 Primalchrome

Looking forward to playing it...if only the meat world would quit getting in the way of my virtual playthings.  

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Co-op & Steam Workshop Support Announced
30. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Dec 11, 2017, 09:55 Primalchrome

Kajetan wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 05:57:
Piranha has all the sanctioned designs. No more legal hassle with the Macross rights owners, with Harmony Gold and others over "illegal" mech designs.
Sadly, Harmony Gold released a pathetic attack on PGI, Harebrained, and one of the old FASA founders in 2017 when PGI released the re-imagined 'Unseen' mechs. (rifleman, marauder, archer, phoenix hawk, etc..) Personally I think they did a great job on the models...they have a flavor that harkens back to the originals, but the look much different.

Not sure if the HG suit was dismissed or not....it was a shitfest and didn't look like it would go anywhere.

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Co-op & Steam Workshop Support Announced
17. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Co-op & Steam Workshop Support Announced Dec 10, 2017, 19:39 Primalchrome

VaranDragon wrote on Dec 10, 2017, 17:38:
If they nailed the gameplay who cares about the graphics. What's up with that turned based Battletech game though? Is that out yet?
Multiplayer beta is available to backers as of a week or two ago. Pretty fun.

503 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo