Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tessier Ashpoole

Real Name Tessier Ashpoole   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Primalchrome
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2011, 18:32
Total Comments 456 (Amateur)
User ID 56308

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

News Comments > H1Z1 Early Access This Week
14. Re: H1Z1 Early Access This Week Jan 12, 2015, 18:34 Primalchrome

DangerDog wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 17:09:
DayZ was suppose to be a quick turn around project, repackage the mod as a stand alone game ...
I like to think that after being forced to play it, the QA team realized how horribly janky and buggy the mod/game is... Then when they tried to fix that, they were in WAY over their heads. The mod and now game both are fun, for a beta product. I don't expect that classification to ever change.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GDC Award Nominees; Baer Honored by AIAS
18. Re: GDC Award Nominees; Baer Honored by AIAS Jan 10, 2015, 14:29 Primalchrome

Cutter wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 18:58:
It's pretty heavy.
There's that word again. "Heavy." Why are things so heavy in the future? Is there a problem with the Earth's gravitational pull?

News Comments > Valve: Steam Machines "Front and Center" at GDC
35. Re: Valve: Steam Machines Jan 9, 2015, 11:43 Primalchrome

Slick wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 06:28:
HL3 exclusively on steam machines isn't a stretch of the imagination at all.
(eyeroll) Yes. Yes it is. Valve will not sacrifice the golden goose on an altar of experimental projects any more than Win10 will run exclusively on Surface Pros.

News Comments > League Legends Dedicated Internet Optimizations Coming
8. Re: League Legends Dedicated Internet Optimizations Coming Jan 6, 2015, 13:54 Primalchrome

Satoru wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 11:30:
Most games, LoL included, tolerate >50m latency as it's basically assumed as part of the net code. Modern games are designed at their core to smooth out latency differences between users. Such that LPB and even high latency users essentially get the same 'game'.
There are a variety of different approaches to leveling the playing field with regards to minimizing the effect of latency. None are perfect. And none result in the same 'game' for each player perspective. It may be more 'fair', but the core experience differs and is hopefully minimized to the point that the player doesn't notice. There are trade offs depending on if you utilize prediction, trust, or colocation. This is less a factor for filthy casuals like myself, but in top level competition that is seeking legitimacy, it does become a point of contention. Hence the fact that Riot (and possibly Valve in the near future) want to address it. They have a significant financial stake in the future of esports, (I detest the term, but don't know of another that works) so this is a real thing.

It amazes me when you look at the millions of dollars flowing through the scene now and then look back and see how early organizations like the CPL struggled and failed.

News Comments > League Legends Dedicated Internet Optimizations Coming
5. Re: League Legends Dedicated Internet Optimizations Coming Jan 6, 2015, 11:26 Primalchrome

Lag is a huge factor in just about any high level of play. The ping difference between east and west coast is generally over 100ms and has been a major point of contention for years. Lag spikes that leave you a second or three behind gameplay can throw an entire teamfight that the game may hinge on.

And for anyone yammering from the 'get off my lawn with your new fangled twitchy games' angle...keep in mind that 15 years ago broadband users also received all kinds of hate for being LPBs (low ping bastards) in Quake.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Mannpower Mode Beta
8. Re: Team Fortress 2 Mannpower Mode Beta Dec 23, 2014, 17:51 Primalchrome

Hopefully it will be like Loki's Minions CTF mod with an offhand grapple.  

News Comments > ROTT TTURNS TTWENTTY
5. Re: ROTT TTURNS TTWENTTY Dec 22, 2014, 10:44 Primalchrome

Drunk missle launcher.... Stripping a heat seeker off you with a torch on the wall... Dog mode.

Wow. I can't believe how many hours I spent playing with friends over a 4800 baud modem.

News Comments > Respawn on Titanfall on Origin vs. Steam
15. Re: Respawn on Titanfall on Origin vs. Steam Dec 19, 2014, 23:30 Primalchrome

Cutter wrote on Dec 19, 2014, 20:56:
Sucks to be a one trick pony.
This. Despite all the yapping at release about it being the "FUTURE OF FPS", this game was one dimensional. It had a stompy robot gimmick....but it was about as complex as a matchlock.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 14, 2014, 21:50 Primalchrome

harlock wrote on Dec 14, 2014, 21:28:
plenty of people are really fucking stupid
The Wizard's first rule : "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true."

Love that quote.

News Comments > Steam Holiday Auction Resumes
8. Re: Steam Holiday Auction Resumes Dec 12, 2014, 22:09 Primalchrome

This is very unlike Valve. I hope this lack of foresight (let alone QA) is not a sign of things to come.  

News Comments > Free Age of Wonders with GOG.com Winter Sale
2. Re: Free Age of Wonders with GOG.com Winter Sale Dec 4, 2014, 10:18 Primalchrome

I'm still on the fence with Xenonauts. I really want it....but everything I read makes me feel like it's a <$15 title. Sigh.  

News Comments > WARMACHINE: Tactics Full Release
15. Re: WARMACHINE: Tactics Full Release Nov 21, 2014, 20:24 Primalchrome

Ceribaen wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 13:09:
In this case, WH:T was intentionally not to be a table top replacement because Privateer Press doesn't want that.
I've been interested in it off and on, the original concept I think was supposed to have been more of a first person style control with the warcaster with tactical combat
....no. You're either talking out your ass or you're confusing this game with something else. From the kickstarter forward it was supposed to be a turn based implementation very similar to the table top ruleset. They succeeded in this. A similar implementation to Space Hulk or Blood Bowl's different forays into PC gaming.

News Comments > WARMACHINE: Tactics Full Release
4. Re: WARMACHINE: Tactics Full Release Nov 21, 2014, 11:24 Primalchrome

This isn't a WH40k game. It is an adaptation of Warmachine....totally different table top system. More of a small unit tactical feel than WH40k's massive units slugging it out.

I got in on the Kickstarter for WM:T and have played it a few times as it was being developed. It isn't flawless, but I've genuinely enjoyed the time I've spent playing. If you want a general feel for how the game works, there are plenty of threads in the forum and there will be gameplay video reviews up by the end of the day.

(For the record, I wouldn't recommend buying it until a couple of patches come out. They're only coming out of Early Access because of contractual obligations.)

This comment was edited on Nov 21, 2014, 11:44.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2014, 11:17 Primalchrome

Happy Birthday, Blue!  

News Comments > New Steam Early Access Guidelines
3. Re: New Steam Early Access Guidelines Nov 20, 2014, 21:00 Primalchrome

PHJF wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 20:05:
Craft the World. OH BY THE WAY IT AIN'T FUCKIN FINISHED. MADE YAH LOOK, IDIOT
While I agree with the general opinion, Craft the World is functional and releases in 4 days.

News Comments > WoW Re-Passes 10M Subscribers
8. Re: WoW Re-Passes 10M Subscribers Nov 19, 2014, 20:54 Primalchrome

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 19:55:
I came back and have to say that I'm very impressed with WoW, probably as much as I was the first time I ever played back in Beta.
I'm not trolling....genuinely curious... What changed that impressed you and made it so enjoyable?

News Comments > Mount&Blade Free on GOG.com Fall Sale
3. Re: Mount&Blade Free on GOG.com Fall Sale Nov 12, 2014, 22:00 Primalchrome

Is GOG borked? I can't access my library or check out my shopping cart...  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Space Hulk: Ascension
4. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Space Hulk: Ascension Nov 12, 2014, 18:00 Primalchrome

What sort of rules changes? I thought Ascension just brought in new chapters, loadouts, marine progression, and hybrids? Most of that has been in previous TT versions of Hulk.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Space Hulk: Ascension
2. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Space Hulk: Ascension Nov 12, 2014, 11:52 Primalchrome

That brings it down to ~$20... Not certain that the additions are worth it...  

News Comments > Ubisoft vs. Steam?
63. Re: Ubisoft vs. Steam? Nov 7, 2014, 13:43 Primalchrome

Kajetan wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 12:56:
Beamer wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 12:34:
Go DRM-free, though, and get rid of much of that process and many, many more people will avoid buying.
There is no proof of that. None at all.
Oh how quickly we forget. Napster/Limewire/Bearshare -> iTunes. iTunes (oh how I loathe you) made it convenient for the unwashed masses to get their shitty pop music. That and relatively little legal wrangling and file poisoning resulted in legitimate sales as opposed to the rampant piracy that came before. Convenience and reasonable pricing....beats piracy every time. There will always be those that pirate digital products....but when it's a bigger pain in the ass to do that than buy it, the numbers drop.

To bring it around...everyone I know...and probably everyone on this site have bought more games since Steam has been out. Yes, we're older and have more disposable income. The real drive behind the sales is convenience and pricing. Impulse buys. "I can't go wrong for $9.99" buys.

456 Comments. 23 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo