Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tessier Ashpoole

Real Name Tessier Ashpoole   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Primalchrome
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2011, 18:32
Total Comments 520 (Apprentice)
User ID 56308

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Dark Souls III Released
1. Re: Dark Souls III Released Apr 12, 2016, 10:57 Primalchrome

Time to flip my masochism switch. Amazon delivery should be waiting on my doorstep when I get home.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 8, 2016, 11:43 Primalchrome

Always a lot of fun to end up playing against a streamer you know...especially if you come out on top. congrats!  

News Comments > Beamdog on Siege of Dragonspear Complaints
36. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 7, 2016, 16:55 Primalchrome

Devinoch wrote on Apr 7, 2016, 16:13:
"Extremist." God knows when people having equal rights became extremist.
Kind of like how people label sexual practices as political. Or even better...as a choice. I've often wondered how much homosexual sex these nutbag fundamentalists have to engage in before they *chose* women instead. Never had one admit that he consciously chose women over the sweet taste of a man... >shrug< Then again, I live in a state where oral sex between a man and a woman is actually illegal. ROFL. Backwards rednecks.

News Comments > Beamdog on Siege of Dragonspear Complaints
23. Re: Beamdog on Siege of Dragonspear Complaints Apr 7, 2016, 14:34 Primalchrome

Yeah! What he said. Why the hell are they putting them coloreds in our games? Don't they know that we don't want that kind of political bullshit in our baseball...er...video games? Next thing you know they'll let women run for office.  

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Trailers
4. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Trailers Apr 5, 2016, 12:40 Primalchrome

I won't preorder...but if it's a decent product at launch, I'll buy it very soon thereafter. Will wait to see it on Twitch and read a number of reviews to get as solid picture of it's launch state.  

News Comments > Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Siege of Dragonspear Controversy
17. Re: Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Siege of Dragonspear Controversy Apr 5, 2016, 12:17 Primalchrome

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 5, 2016, 12:04:
Leave sexual orientation out of the game if it does not serve a role within the context of the game world. Simple as that.
Soooo....Geralt should not have had sex with any women or had his weird relationship with Yennifer? Cause...that really didn't serve any role within the game.

And for those of you that feel that sex is political....maybe you're doing it wrong? I don't ever recall politics coming into play in my bedroom or car backseat. Maybe that is a point of view that is developed from too many years going solo in mom's basement?

News Comments > Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Siege of Dragonspear Controversy
16. Re: Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Siege of Dragonspear Controversy Apr 5, 2016, 12:13 Primalchrome

Beamer wrote on Apr 5, 2016, 11:51:
Did you get this angry when the Prince of Persia was white?
Well played, sir.

Idris Elba = Roland - I think he fits. Watch the BBC show Luther (series 1) and you can easily see him in the role.

Luke = gay - Silly. There was plenty in the first movies that indicated he was het. Crush on the princess...plenty of scenes to back it up. Then you look at what *was* canon and was married to Mara Jade and had a kid(s). Gay boys in the US kiss girls in the middle school because they live in fundamentalist social structures and figure they're *supposed* to kiss girls.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 5, 2016, 12:05 Primalchrome

So long and thanks for all the Calamari.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2016, 10:26 Primalchrome

Lenses to correct color blindness? Wow...modern medicine. Can't wait until they offer the 6 million dollar Steve Austin eye.  

News Comments > Developer n-Space Closes
28. Re: Developer n-Space Closes Mar 30, 2016, 17:05 Primalchrome

I could have forgiven the sad tile toolset....but honestly playing the game online with other players felt like a sad ARPG. Buggy, laggy, unfulfilling combat and loot....... Shrug. I bought the big multi license pack so that we could play together. Only one of them seemed to enjoy the single player campaign.

For the record, the NWN toolset was fantastic. It was pretty complex, but not overly so. You could knock out a pretty neat module in about 40-80 hours. A massive campaign was going to take a lot more than that. There were a LOT of the player made campaigns/modules that we sunk hundreds of hours into after the fact.

6. Re: Developer n-Space Closes Mar 30, 2016, 12:02 Primalchrome

Darks wrote on Mar 30, 2016, 11:47:
I have no idea what you are talking about. This game was never a kickstarter game.

I know that for a fact, this question came up a long time ago on the forums and the CEO himself addressed it.
Right...my bad. I should have said early-access/crowdfunded instead of kickstarter.

What fact are you referring to....the toolset? They've indicated there would be one since early in the process. They only later indicated that it would initially be a tileset. What they delivered was anemic. "Create your own epic adventure to share with your friends" - a quote still on their website....

This comment was edited on Mar 30, 2016, 12:08.

1. Re: Developer n-Space Closes Mar 30, 2016, 11:26 Primalchrome

Soooooo.....essentially there will never be a decent toolset for Sword Coast Legends. Chalk it up to another kickstarter I regret having backed.  

News Comments > Valve Loses AU Legal Dispute
20. Re: Valve Loses AU Legal Dispute Mar 29, 2016, 16:59 Primalchrome

Shrug. There should be some reasonable criteria for returns....and I don't believe this is it. I've run across way too many people that abuse the system for their own gain.  

News Comments > CDPR Game Coming This Year; Not Cyberpunk 2077
2. Re: CDPR Game Coming This Year; Not Cyberpunk 2077 Mar 10, 2016, 19:14 Primalchrome

Sigh.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 9, 2016, 10:51 Primalchrome

an indictment of modern software development that a bloated companion app like this actually impedes proper operation

Perfect.

News Comments > Grim Dawn Dawns
20. Re: Grim Dawn Dawns Mar 3, 2016, 18:02 Primalchrome

Darks wrote on Mar 3, 2016, 10:14:
This has to be the asshat comment of the day. You gotta be joking with what you just said right? They built all of those levels from the ground up using the titan Quest engine. yes, but those are all new effects, skills and classes added to the game along with all new updated textures.
You seriously need to get your eyes checked if you think this game was something they just copy and pasted.
He specifically said sections of the skill tree were copy pasted from Titan's Quest. He obviously wasn't referring to the rest of the game. And for emphasis....
You seriously need to get your eyes checked
So far the game seems to have delivered what they promised. I've been having a ball with it for a couple of weeks now. It feels good....but anyone who picks it up should judge it by the indie measuring stick rather than AAA. It is poorly optimized. MP feels bolted on...and is in a VERY sad state. There are still plenty of bugs. Even with all that...damnation, I haven't had this much fun with an ARPG since Torchlight II.

News Comments > Far Cry Primal Released
22. Re: Far Cry Primal Released Mar 2, 2016, 10:37 Primalchrome

I was very skeptical...then I watched a few streams....now I know it sucks. "Go kill this, protect the tribe." "Go kill that, protect the tribe." "Go kill this other tribe, protect the tribe." Horribly boring and repetitive. Gameplay and mechanics did not look interesting in the least. I wouldn't pick it up even if it were on sale for $5. It's not the money...it's one of those games that I'm pretty sure I would regret every minute of my life I'd wasted on it.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Season Pass Tops Steam Top 10
12. Re: Fallout 4 Season Pass Tops Steam Top 10 Feb 28, 2016, 20:32 Primalchrome

Jerykk wrote on Feb 28, 2016, 16:30:
Dark Souls felt more "crisp" on PS3? How so? The game looked and ran much, much better on PC (after mods).
Oooo, what mods helped? Honestly, I'm not sure if it felt more crisp because of the machine I ran it on....or because I bought it for PS3 after playing too many hours of Bloodborne...so maybe I was just more accustomed to the controls?

(edit because I was hoping for an actual helpful post)Suppa, again you prove why I have you on ignore, please read the above and kindly piss off.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Season Pass Tops Steam Top 10
7. Re: Fallout 4 Season Pass Tops Steam Top 10 Feb 28, 2016, 14:54 Primalchrome

Paranoid Jack wrote on Feb 28, 2016, 14:52:
Getting Dark Souls 3 on the PS4 and Steam. I've logged more hours in Souls games than any others.
Why do you buy it on both? Just curious. I bought the original Dark Souls on Steam and liked it so much I bought it used on PS3 because it felt a little more crisp on the console.

News Comments > Jay and Silent Bob Game Crowdfunding
1. Re: Jay and Silent Bob Game Crowdfunding Feb 23, 2016, 20:18 Primalchrome

Sadly it seems like most of Kevin Smith's work has disappointed since he made the move to full 'wake and bake' mode. Sad decline of someone who is very gifted...  

520 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo