Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tessier Ashpoole

Real Name Tessier Ashpoole   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Primalchrome
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2011, 18:32
Total Comments 456 (Amateur)
User ID 56308

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

News Comments > BATTLETECH Hits PvP Stretch Goal
25. Re: BATTLETECH Hits PvP Stretch Goal Nov 2, 2015, 16:29 Primalchrome

Darks wrote on Nov 2, 2015, 12:00:
These devs are assholes, instead of making it a Coop game, they fucking went for pvp. This is why I did not fund them.
ROFL! I didn't get my way so I'm stomping my feet? Really? They put out stretch goals based off the majority of player interest in order to maximize their kickstarter. More missions...expanded single player...pvp... And the hint of co-op (probably in an expansion). So they're assholes for sticking to what Battletech has always been in tabletop and on computers....and what will actually get the game funded. Gotcha.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > BATTLETECH Hits PvP Stretch Goal
4. Re: BATTLETECH Hits PvP Stretch Goal Nov 2, 2015, 11:36 Primalchrome

One of two kickstarters I backed that I am really excited about. I particularly like how they didn't put up any further stretch goals. Instead they state that any further money will be for polish and co-op PvE.  

News Comments > How to Survive 2 Early Access
3. Re: How to Survive 2 Early Access Oct 30, 2015, 15:13 Primalchrome

I finished H2S and the DLC... Genuinely enjoyed it.... 2 should be well worth $15. Too bad I just dropped a few hundred on the Super Dungeon Explore and Battletech kickstarters....  

News Comments > Starsiege and TRIBES Free Games
9. Re: Starsiege and TRIBES Free Games Oct 30, 2015, 13:14 Primalchrome

I really enjoy finding old gems like this (or the many on GOG) and getting my kids to play. When they're at the height of a game I tell them that the game is 5-10 years older than they are. Total mental reboot.  

News Comments > Paradox Interactive Acquires White Wolf
17. Re: Paradox Interactive Acquires White Wolf Oct 29, 2015, 15:13 Primalchrome

jdreyer wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 14:01:
Crusader Kings III, now with Vampire clans!
Clan Tzimisce shall rise.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2015, 13:44 Primalchrome

Alamar wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 10:35:
Do those entities ask for that information?
They're so far up your ass already that they don't have to ask...

Glad to hear everything went OK, Blue.

News Comments > Another Steam User Record
28. Re: Another Steam User Record Oct 26, 2015, 17:05 Primalchrome

I use it all the time. Still works well for consolidating games and managing auto-updates across my library. I'm not particularly active in the forums or workshop....but the platform does everything I'm looking for.

With regards to the 'shovelware' comments.... I've been pleasantly surprised by some of the indie titles I've run across for a couple of bucks. It seems fairly easy to ignore the titles that do not interest me. If you guys are this sensitive, I don't know how you guys navigate Amazon.com or walk through a department store....

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
14. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 26, 2015, 14:25 Primalchrome

Verno wrote on Oct 26, 2015, 13:57:
I put him on ignore awhile ago /shrug, you see the odd thing quoted but beyond that the whole reading experience is vastly improved by doing so.
Same.

I think some of you have an odd take on Twitch. Most viewers don't watch *instead* of gaming. They watch during the time they *aren't* gaming. Sometimes I watch at work. Sometimes I watch while cooking or while getting ready in the mornings. It replaces quite a bit of the non-interactive slots that some people use sitcoms or other television. That said, I do occasionally stop activities in order to watch an important stream like League of Legends world group stage a couple of weeks ago. No different than the time I spend watching Green Bay on Sundays...

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Launches
13. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Launches Oct 23, 2015, 12:55 Primalchrome

El Pit wrote on Oct 23, 2015, 10:21:
ArenaNet: "Thank you, Guild Wars 2 veterans for your money when you bought the base game! We hope you've enjoyed the years of play that came with that purchase. We would like to expand the world, so we're offering an expansion for a reasonable amount of money. In the hopes that you can get your friends involved, we won't punish new players with an obscene entry level fee of $100."

Me: "Easy. I won't buy your expansions. How do you like that?"
There, fixed that for you..... Yeesh, talk about American Entitlement at it's finest.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Details
7. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Details Oct 20, 2015, 22:29 Primalchrome

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 21:20:
I swear to GabeN, that aside from sound and visuals, this game has gone backwards in EVERY POSSIBLE WAY!!
whoa, Whoa, WHOA! Easy with the language! When you take His name in vain, understand that he has ears everywhere....

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 18, 2015, 19:59 Primalchrome

That's cool. I just started Wasteland 2 on Friday as well. Very impressed with it so far...  

20. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2015, 17:47 Primalchrome

Looking forward to the manifesto...  

News Comments > Source 2 Running on Vulkan
17. Re: Source 2 Running on Vulkan Sep 24, 2015, 16:38 Primalchrome

shihonage wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 15:49:
There are 1500 games on Linux already...
Yeah, there's NetHack...and GIMP....and...Nethack....and.... (I kid, I kid...)
Linux is the future that's been taking its time coming, but it is inevitable...
Chuckle. How many decades will I have to hear "THIS is the year of Linux on the desktop!" Linux/*NIX/BSD is fun for geeks and programmers. It will never be mainstream without being bundled by a profit driven parent that cares about the user experience (Google. Apple. Amazon.). And in that instance...it really isn't Linux or BSD any more, it is forked into ChromeOS, OSX, or FireOS.

Anyone else remember BeOS? That's the one I really hoped would unseat Windows. sigh.

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends Delay
2. Re: Sword Coast Legends Delay Sep 22, 2015, 12:16 Primalchrome

Here were my issues :
- Hopefully their estimate of unveiled content is much higher.
- Netcode seemed buggy....lots of lag and spikes.
- Way too fast paced, though I hear switching to turn based fixes the lag and the fights being over in less than 2 seconds.

The easy fix to me seems to release it with a fully functional (read NOT simple tiles) editor. That handles the content issue. And if turning on turn based mode solves the rest, I'm good to go.

News Comments > Tribes Ascend Patch Plans
2. Re: Tribes Ascend Patch Plans Sep 22, 2015, 12:12 Primalchrome

I *really* wish they'd just put out a standalone server and browser. Maybe offer the whole shebang free to anyone that spent more than $10 on it prior....and allow anyone to get the full unlocked version for $5. Essentially let the game go free in the wild rather than let it finally die on the vine.  

News Comments > New Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Animations
5. Re: New Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Animations Sep 16, 2015, 22:23 Primalchrome

Between CS:GO and DotA2, Valve is doing a lot to push their competitive gaming scene. Then when you look at all the updates they push into Team Fortress 2 for the casual scene... It's great that they've found a way to monetize these games and keep them relevant year after year.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2015, 10:03 Primalchrome

"adult supervision is prudent" - Nicely done, sir.  

News Comments > Torchlight Burns Out Runic
15. Re: Torchlight Burns Out Runic Sep 1, 2015, 12:21 Primalchrome

Slashman wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 10:02:
I never saw the two games as competing. D3 is a different game from TL2 and I think TL2 captures the essence of what I liked about the previous Diablo games better than D3 ever could.
I thought TL2 was a better game than D3. The only thing that they needed to do better was develop a few memorable characters. There was no Deckard Cain analog... Honestly I'm shocked that people still play D3, but it has a thriving fan base. It felt very cardboardy and bland to me.

News Comments > Age Of Empires: Castle Siege Released
5. Re: Age Of Empires: Castle Siege Released Aug 28, 2015, 11:54 Primalchrome

Frijoles wrote on Aug 28, 2015, 09:43:
Oh AoE.. how far you have fallen.
Laugh. This is exactly what I thought when I read the post. I still play AOE:II and can't understand for the life of me why people thought Starcraft was better. Hell, I thought it was better than Starcraft II as well.

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Units Video
1. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Units Video Aug 27, 2015, 18:12 Primalchrome

Looking good... I wonder how much I'm gonna have to drop to get the Vampire Counts DLC. sigh.  

456 Comments. 23 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo