Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tessier Ashpoole

Real Name Tessier Ashpoole   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Primalchrome
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2011, 18:32
Total Comments 505 (Apprentice)
User ID 56308

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 6, 2016, 11:15 Primalchrome

Thanks for such a great site, Blue.

Earlier this year I ran across an old text document that had a long list of URLs including Blues. It was dated around 2000-2002.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > CS: GO Gambling Scam
35. Re: CS: GO Gambling Scam Jul 5, 2016, 15:17 Primalchrome

Endo wrote on Jul 5, 2016, 13:09:
I really wanted to get upset too at Valve for their part in this. But then I realized, you know what, their part in this really is no different than collectible trading cards kids have been buying for decades. And I'm sure there were even kids who gambled with them.
Exactly. Anyone that ever collected baseball cards as a kid was doing the exact same thing. The outrage in this thread directed toward Gabe/Valve is just the same laughable bullshit that comes up in any thread that involves them.

News Comments > CS: GO Gambling Scam
29. Re: Buying digital skins has never been PHUNNER. Jul 5, 2016, 09:40 Primalchrome

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 5, 2016, 04:19:
To be fair, it's really not their problem if kids are gambling online, in any form. That's an issue with parenting in the home.
I'm not sure if you read anything about this situation.... It *is* their problem. They are marketing a product to their target demographic....kids. It's no different than using Bugs Bunny to sell Wild Turkey to kids over the internet when you know there is no way to confirm ID. On top of that, they are pushing a site that they have a stake in with zero transparency. It is morally reprehensible and there are legal ramifications.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2016, 11:00 Primalchrome

16 years is pretty damn respectable. Might want to hit up a local dealer about warranty on parts. A *good* chair is something everyone that games or works at a desk should invest in. $700 over the course of a decade is a pittance for the aches, pains, and damage cheap chairs are responsible for.  

40. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2016, 11:07 Primalchrome

Nucas wrote on Jun 27, 2016, 12:00:
pretty funny that robert jordan was the biggest name in fantasy when GRRM was trying to get his footing and a song of ice and fire hit the mainstream.
I loved the first few Jordan books....but the success all went to his head. He started writing drivel by the pound and becoming the living incarnation of petulance. Whereas GoT should get multiple seasons per book, Jordan's works could be easily boiled down to multiple books per season. So many wasted pages on minutae and loose threads....

News Comments > Anarchy Online Turns 15
24. Re: Anarchy Online Turns 15 Jun 28, 2016, 10:55 Primalchrome

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jun 27, 2016, 15:05:
Posted this over a year ago, it might have been a bit harsh at the time. Anyone care to comment why you think the game was so good? I only played for the first like 3-4 months after release but my memory of the game wasn't a good one.
I'm right there with you. Played at launch. Horrific experience. Played for a few months after launch. Boring. I was able to read a book while doing missions with my toon because it was so formulaic....just cycle through my keys while reading until it was over.

News Comments > Dead Rising 4 Win10 Exclusivity is 90 Days
40. Re: Dead Rising 4 Win10 Exclusivity is 90 Days Jun 17, 2016, 19:39 Primalchrome

HoSpanky wrote on Jun 17, 2016, 15:38:
I really don't understand all the win10 hatred, aside from the overblown "they're spying on us!" shit
Sigh. It's not "shit". There are plenty of valid reasons to detest it.
- Stealth/forced upgrade
- rampant spyware
- forced updates
- horrific UI
- hardware incompatibility
- software incompatibility
- lack of support from third parties
Any one of these is a reasonable qualifier for it, or at least Microsoft, to be hated. Honestly, I don't have a clue what the hell MS has been doing for the last 8 years. So many of their decisions have been "piss as many of our consumers off as possible". Look at what they've done with their desktop OS, their licensing, the massive changes to Exchange server, forcing broken upgrades...etc...etc...

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2016, 17:28 Primalchrome

"His Momma call him Clay. Imma call him Clay."  

News Comments > Zombicide Released for Tabletop Simulator
1. Re: Zombicide Released for Tabletop Simulator Jun 4, 2016, 17:27 Primalchrome

May have to pick this up. I've enjoyed Battletech on TTS and would like to try a more traditional boardgame.  

News Comments > Competitive Overwatch Delayed; Balance Changes Discussed
29. Re: Competitive Overwatch Delayed; Balance Changes Discussed Jun 1, 2016, 18:35 Primalchrome

justice7 wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 12:49:
You're also incorrect, the game plays wonderfully on the console. PC vs Console on Overwatch is entirely subjective. I have played it on PC and Xbox One and I happen to prefer the One's closed environment and level playing field.

I could keep going, just wanted to prove you very wrong. ;p
...I don't think your post proved anything except sharing an opinion that you prefer a lesser experience that is foisted on all players. Which is fine....but hardly firm ground to stand on. The hard truth is that both platforms have their strengths....which is something I'll happily state on whatever-centric site I'm on. Party games or just plain fun group games are always better on consoles. If you were talking about a 3rd person shooter or adventure game...I'll grant you that they are designed for gamepads/controllers (which I have for my PC as well). FPS, MOBA, RTS, etc....for the most part are always better experiences with KB&M. Graphics/sound/loadtimes are almost always beaten by PC unless you're looking at a port that was gimped.

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Sales Record
2. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Sales Record May 27, 2016, 22:21 Primalchrome

I wonder if this sends any kind of message to Games Workshop about what they did with Age of Sigmar...  

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Total War: WARHAMMER
3. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Total War: WARHAMMER May 24, 2016, 11:53 Primalchrome

Denuvo DRM. The Devs say that it is the least invasive form....but will still protect the .exe's from being altered. Lots of handwaving and screeching from Chicken Littles, though....  

News Comments > Overwatch Open Beta Overtime
26. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Overtime May 9, 2016, 13:16 Primalchrome

Xokerat wrote on May 9, 2016, 02:38:
The heroes are all very bland and boring and each round takes way too long to slog through judging by the 10 or so games I have painfully forced my self to go through.

It just fails on all fronts in my view.
It takes far too long to kill minions and the damage you do with your specials even at level 10 is pathetic when considering player health pools.
So Overwatch is a TF2 ripoff.....and Battleborn is a Monday Night Combat ripoff. Laugh.

News Comments > Overwatch Beta Not Changing Much for Launch
1. Re: Overwatch Beta Not Changing Much for Launch May 6, 2016, 11:28 Primalchrome

Anyone trying out Open Beta? I've heard a lot of folks gushing about how good it is.....but I heard that about Diablo III and HotS at launch too.  

News Comments > Total War WARHAMMER Preorder Bonus Extended
2. Re: Total War WARHAMMER Preorder Bonus Extended Apr 29, 2016, 11:55 Primalchrome

Assuming reviews and Twitch streams hold it up as a decent game, I'll bite....but I'm not preordering.  

News Comments > Blizzard on Vanilla WoW Shutdown
43. Re: Blizzard on Vanilla WoW Shutdown Apr 26, 2016, 18:20 Primalchrome

A few points worth addressing...
- "Good Corporations" - Yes, a corporation's primary objective is to sustain and profit. That said small corporations in entertainment can have a culture that projects as good. They want to build goodwill in the market, attract users, and mold fanbois.....so they really try to cater to their target market. Generally as these corporations grow, they become more jaded and their culture morphs from bright eyed dreamers to bean counters. ....and then all decisions revolve around revenue and profit. Blizzard is an excellent example.
- "WoW Vanilla" - Burning Crusade was probably the last decent expansion for WoW. Everything after that was geared toward 'follow your nose and look at the pretty colors'. Before that you had elite mobs in early zones that you had to fear until you had a group that could gang up on them. Now...you have Farmville mobs that you harvest for exp and loot. There is no danger...no risk. Attainable items actually mean something. That's what most people looking for Vanilla are talking about.
- "Blizzard" - Great company back in the Warcraft I and Diablo I days. They were IP whores and stole most of their ideas from other companies (coughGamesWorkshopcough) but they genuinely wanted to make fun games. And some of that work was brilliant....pure art. Mergers, movements, and migrations....now it is just a souless corporation that doesn't give a shit about anything but the bottom line. If you doubt that, you weren't paying attention to the last few WoW expansions and Diablo III. They, like EA, are simple clickbait game companies. Style...no substance.

33. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2016, 17:38 Primalchrome

Guys.....haven't you figured out that Cutter is a sad little troll...mad because life doesn't cater to his every whine? Put him on Ignore. If everyone on this site would do so, the signal to noise ratio would improve significantly. He used to post intelligently....the past year when I see him quoted it is nothing but a kid in a highchair banging his spoon and throwing spaghetti.

And for the record, people calling you out on your redneck backwoods thinking doesn't make them a SJW. Just because they see through your cloud of bullshit doesn't mean you can negate their observation with some schoolyard namecalling.

News Comments > Battlezone 98 Redux Released
10. Re: Battlezone 98 Redux Released Apr 19, 2016, 09:06 Primalchrome

Steazy wrote on Apr 19, 2016, 01:44:
Also remembering now... this game didn't support 3D acceleration when it launched, was added in a patch well after the fact.
You sure about that or maybe it was OpenGL that was patched in later? I remember running it on my voodoo from the get go... I remember the dual plasma lance (maybe) that would black screen all other players in a game that didn't have SLI. I remember the patch for that and for higher resolutions.... But I think one of the big deals about its launch was that it ran Glide.

News Comments > Dark Souls III Sales Record
12. Re: Dark Souls III Sales Record Apr 18, 2016, 13:54 Primalchrome

It doesn't seem as hard as DS1...but I'm not sure if that is hindsight/experience/controllerembracing speaking. I went back and started a new game in DS1 and was able to make it a number of bonfires in before dying...so maybe it is experience. Regardless, very fun game and feels a bit more polished without losing the gritty feel.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 15, 2016, 15:35 Primalchrome

Big Blue was IBM back in the day. They (and the clone legion) dominated the corporate and home markets slowly eroding the market share of Amiga, Commodore, VIC, Coleco, etc... Sorry, didn't mean to insinuate that they directly crushed Amiga and later Commodore.

I actually had one of the original Amiga 1000's. If you looked at the motherboard schematics, you could read Pink Floyd and band's song lyrics....actually on the board. Amazing company.

505 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo