Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tessier Ashpoole

Real Name Tessier Ashpoole   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Primalchrome
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2011, 18:32
Total Comments 533 (Apprentice)
User ID 56308

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > LawBreakers Roadmap
13. Re: LawBreakers Roadmap Sep 7, 2017, 15:54 Primalchrome

4D-Boxing wrote on Sep 7, 2017, 13:09:
i don't any market saturation when it comes to online multiplayer FPS.

Anyways, all that to say there isn't much out there.
....oooooooooookay. Is this a bad example of the Tenth Man policy?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > XCOM 2: War of the Chosen for Windows Released
24. Re: XCOM 2: War of the Chosen for Windows Released Aug 29, 2017, 14:15 Primalchrome

Martin Riggs: The guy who shot me! The same albino jackrabbit son of a bitch who did Hunsacker.
Roger Murtaugh: You sure?
Martin Riggs: Yeah, I'm sure man. I never forget an asshole.

News Comments > XCOM 2: War of the Chosen for Windows Released
12. Re: XCOM 2: War of the Chosen for Windows Released Aug 29, 2017, 12:48 Primalchrome

Flatline wrote on Aug 29, 2017, 12:31:
Same here. Vanilla XCOM2 didn't click for me. I didn't mind the turn timers, I didn't mind the scarcity of resources in the strategy map, but both together ended up frustrating me.
Same. The turn extension mod was the only thing that saved it for me. I'll probably wait until the Christmas sale to make sure that the mods are all working properly... Well...that and the fact that I'm in a backlog of titles I'm trying to play at this hot second.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Creation Club Beta
6. Re: Fallout 4 Creation Club Beta Aug 29, 2017, 12:44 Primalchrome

The idea of having a straighforward way to donate to modders is an admirable thing. There is a pretty strong hint that Bethesda is looking at it as a cash grab as well as a way to get free coding to fix/patch their games. Sadly, a fair percentage of the mods out there were created to correct piss poor decisions by the dev.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 29, 2017, 12:40 Primalchrome

Nice clean setup, Blue! I'm not sure whether to envy or fear your monitor.... The idea of going back to a single display (even such a widescreen) turns my hindbrain into a gibbering wreck.  

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Tops Steam Player Count
13. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Tops Steam Player Count Aug 28, 2017, 12:13 Primalchrome

theglaze wrote on Aug 27, 2017, 20:52:
right-click scope working 10% of the time
no buildings being rendered so players and items were floating...
fluidity of movement is terrible,
all forms of fighting are lagged and clunky,
If you're talking about a recent build (last two months)....honestly....reading through your list of bugs it sounds like issues on the client side. Either lag, potato machine, or failing to drop settings to suit your rig. Anecdotal...the newest machine at my house is 2 years old and all of them run PUBG with very few issues. The one with 8GB of RAM did have the buildings failing to load back in....early July maybe? It's been fine since then. It's not as smooth as a tight asset optimized title like CS:GO, but we're also not talking about 100m maximum sight distances either.

I only recommend this game to those anarchy-deprived persons who need a digital outlet before they do something stupid enough to land themselves in real-life jail.
...Mmmmmhmmm.

News Comments > Bethesda Reveals VR Release Dates
4. Re: Bethesda Reveals VR Release Dates Aug 23, 2017, 12:34 Primalchrome

Yes, it is a totally new title. $60 MSRP. No DLC included. They've indicated that there will not be an upgrade path for current users....but that may change. They're essentially having to reinvent the engine and UI to accommodate VR.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2017, 15:36 Primalchrome

Travelled to TN to see the totality. It was well worth it....to witness the coming of the Old Ones.  

News Comments > BATTLETECH Delayed
10. Re: BATTLETECH Delayed Aug 15, 2017, 18:03 Primalchrome

Flatline wrote on Aug 15, 2017, 13:32:
Also, we'll see how the AC adjustment works. AC/10 was just brutal.
Urbies on overwatch behind your line were punching way outside their weight class....for some reason that made me giddy.

Glad that they're taking the needed time to do this release right.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 14, 2017, 17:50 Primalchrome

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 14, 2017, 15:56:
You know Pence is tired of running around doing damage control as his boss becomes more tractable. Now all they have to do is take away the morons twitter account.
You don't think Pence just views himself as sitting in the bullpen waiting for the 70+ year old guy to throw his arm out of socket?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
32. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 14, 2017, 17:44 Primalchrome

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 14, 2017, 11:57:
The fact that people are defending Streamers as integral to modern gamin is really depressing. Most likely true, but still depressing. Talk about catering to the wrong market.
Why, exactly, is it depressing? Was it depressing when I used to buy Byte! or Joystick magazine to find out what was going on in gaming? Was it depressing when I started reading Blues? Was it depressing when I watched 'let's play' footage on Youtube? PC Gaming has been a cutting edge part of tech/geek culture for decades. It is astounding that so many of us old school gamers are now turning into the 'get off my lawn' crowd and prefer to gnash teeth at tech/cultural/social advancement. It's the same mindset that has my father-in-law gobbling air the first year I pointed out that gaming rev was higher than movie theater rev...this after so many years of snide remarks.

27. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 14, 2017, 09:54 Primalchrome

jdreyer wrote on Aug 14, 2017, 00:23:
Exactly. Streamers are attention-seeking, egotistical grifters. The decision to stream should not require any special activity on the developer's end. It reeks of special treatment.
JD, you're normally a voice of reason on Blues... You're looking at a couple of examples and throwing a wide net. Streamers are the new marketing partners of the game industry....a few days of popular streamers on your title can make a difference in a couple hundred thousand in sales. As to it being 'special treatment'....not really. It's policing the equivalent of harassment and luddite hacking in game. "They're streaming publically, so they deserve what they get." Is that the same for people that get doxxed when most of the information is 'public'? How about traffic sniffing and using that information to stalk them in game or even in the real world? It's really no different...streams of data that are easily accessible by people who know what they're doing. One can be done by mouthbreathers...the other requires a script kiddy (practically one in the same).

22. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 13, 2017, 22:07 Primalchrome

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 13, 2017, 18:28:
If the admins CAN tell the difference, great.

Disclaimer: I don't play PUBG, although I am tempted by certain aspects to get it, reading about bannings, when it's still in Early Access, is a bit of a turnoff. Catering to streamers is a huge turnoff, but I guess that's how multiplayer games work these days.
Jesus fucking Christ. This has been covered so many times but people keep talking out their asses just to have a chance to post something. IT IS STATISTICALLY OBVIOUS WHENEVER ANYONE IS STREAM SNIPING DUE TO THE FACT THEIR BEHAVIOR IS UTTERLY ILLOGICAL OTHERWISE. Couple this with the fact that Reddit/Forum/Steam posters are almost always full of shit when trying to claim why they were banned. I so miss when the League of Legends devs would post logs from people that would publically complain that they were banned for 'honking a horn near a streamer'. It was always a hilarious example of a shitheel toxic player twisting events to play the victim card being picked on by the big bad corporation....the good old American pasttime.

News Comments > Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition and Return of the Pip-Boy Next Month
4. Re: Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition and Return of the Pip-Boy Next Month Aug 11, 2017, 10:57 Primalchrome

The GotY edition for FO:4 will be a steal if they release it at the normal pricepoint.  

News Comments > Gearbox Teases Project 1v1
6. Re: Gearbox Teases Project 1v1 Aug 8, 2017, 22:40 Primalchrome

1. 1v1 Competitive Duel FPS
2. CCG mechanics
3. ?
4. Profit!!!

We all know that #3 is microtransactions.

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Video Catch-up
20. Re: Borderlands 3 Video Catch-up Aug 7, 2017, 09:55 Primalchrome

Retired wrote on Aug 6, 2017, 21:04:
I don't have the weapons to defeat the side bosses.
Note that the bosses everyone is complaining about are referred to as "Raid Bosses". They're not meant to be taken down solo. It's not a matter of the weapon you're using...hit them with a party of 3+ or 2+ if you're geared for multiplayer play.

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Ban Change Plans
26. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Ban Change Plans Jul 30, 2017, 11:47 Primalchrome

Kosumo wrote on Jul 30, 2017, 05:23:
As for people being banned over this, with what I would think is very little if any prof, that's just shit.
This was UNCONFIRMED ACCUSATIONS ...... bad PR for Battlegrounds (and the Streamer) imho.
Look...I realize reading comprehension is at an all time low in North America....but give it a go, eh? Read the article. Read PU's tweets. They're not banning people because Grimmz is whining. They're banning people when it shows them REPEATEDLY TRYING TO SYNC DROP and then REPEATEDLY MOVING TOWARD THE STREAMER'S PROJECTED POSITION and then REPEATEDLY TRYING TO KILL THE STREAMER. It is statistically impossible for someone to do these things without stream sniping. If that is 'little prof' or 'unconfirmed accusations' I weep for our future. I'm sure it's all fake news.

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Ban Change Plans
22. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Ban Change Plans Jul 30, 2017, 01:26 Primalchrome

...sweet mother. Streamers are free marketing/advertisement for PUBG. They're also a form of entertainment for the community and prospective players. It makes sense that they will be protected. And I honestly wonder if any of you have played the game... You can cover up your map with a graphic and set a minute delay....and still get regularly stream sniped. It's very easy to simply watch gameplay or (gasp!) note when the player pulls up the full map for a glance to figure out where they are going. You set up on their approach, wait, and nail them. You have spoiled shits like Grimm crying 'wolf' every damn match they die.... But then you watch someone like Cohh who gets sniped three matches running by the same guy and think it's just innocent happenstance? If the logs show a pattern of movement gravitating toward a particular streamer or multiple kills it becomes pretty damning evidence that they'er shitheel stream snipers.  

News Comments > For Honor Revamp Includes Dedicated Servers
2. Re: For Honor Revamp Includes Dedicated Servers Jul 27, 2017, 18:14 Primalchrome

Too little too late. Most of the playerbase has already uninstalled.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 21, 2017, 12:42 Primalchrome

Deadwood was such a great series....would love to see some of the loose threads tied up.  

533 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo