Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tessier Ashpoole

Real Name Tessier Ashpoole   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Primalchrome
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2011, 18:32
Total Comments 336 (Amateur)
User ID 56308

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Announced
54. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Announced Dec 5, 2016, 20:18 Primalchrome

Overon wrote on Dec 5, 2016, 18:08:
Maybe. But I think I'm trying to illustrate for those who don't know about PGI, what kind of hacks have the Mechwarrior franchise.
Maybe. But I think you're just finding things to bitch about to hear yourself talk. There are plenty of legit arguments out there....but yours were silly.
Task wrote on Dec 5, 2016, 18:08:
Multiplayer without the gimmick of server-authoritative nonsense, purely controlled by players.
You mean server-authoritative nonsense that allows levers to curb hacking? That's used in just about every large-scale MMOG in modern gaming? Or Matchmaking? Or a Mechwarrior playerbase that dwarfs all the other MW titles combined? I love the games of yesteryear as well....but we have to take off the rose colored glasses from time to time and recognize that there were issues.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Announced
31. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Announced Dec 4, 2016, 20:24 Primalchrome

Sigh. If you haven't played MWO in the last 18-24 months, you really shouldn't offer an opinion. The game shifted *dramatically* when PGI split from IGP. It is, at its core a f2p Mechwarrior battle arena game much like World of Tanks/Warships. It's not p2w or p2p. Hell, BattleTech by Harebrained probably wouldn't have happened if not for PGI entering an arrangement to share all the models and rigs. People bitched about MWO not having single player....people are already bitching about MW5 not having multiplayer. Laughable.

At the end of the day there are two truisms to be taken into account.
- Don't preorder. PGI has a history that should give any consumer pause on an unreleased product. It took them YEARS to get MWO to a decent state.
- Don't buy on release date. Watch reviews. The key to this title is going to be how long the campaign is...and what they leave out. That will determine how many DLC packs you'll be looking at to get the full experience.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2016, 13:35 Primalchrome

Happy birthday, sir!  

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Trailer
1. Re: Dishonored 2 Trailer Nov 2, 2016, 22:02 Primalchrome

Truly enjoyed the art direction and design of the first game. Not sure I'll pick this one up right out of the gates, though. Too many titles to catch up on.  

28. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2016, 12:40 Primalchrome

Glad to hear MrsBlue is OK, Blue. Hopefully a little rest and a massage will take care of the soreness.  

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Released - No Season Pass
2. Re: Titanfall 2 Released - No Season Pass Oct 28, 2016, 11:36 Primalchrome

No season pass.... Is there an SDK for modders? If not, my suspicion is that it will be Titan-flashinthepan-Fall 2.  

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Halloween Details
3. Re: Team Fortress 2 Halloween Details Oct 13, 2016, 16:21 Primalchrome

"Valve Sucks at making games"....but they're making a metric shit-ton of money on the model they've developed with TF2, CS:GO, and DotA2. A *lot* of people are playing....and having a good time....and opening their wallets. You can bitch because it isn't something you personally like, but it is proving a lucrative market. Hell, Dark Souls III doesn't have any paid hats, but Fashion Souls is a real thing for a lot of players.  

News Comments > Atlas Reactor Launches
1. Re: Atlas Reactor Launches Oct 5, 2016, 10:06 Primalchrome

Looks like a fun game... Not sure the pricing is reasonable, though. I'd pay $29.99 for the full unlocked game...but I'm not interested with a bunch of micro-transactions on top of that. Looks like they want ~$90 for the full game/extras/skins on Steam.  

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Arsenal Trailer
16. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Arsenal Trailer Oct 4, 2016, 16:33 Primalchrome

Ozmodan wrote on Oct 4, 2016, 08:18:
I just avoid anything associated with Games Workshop. Far as I am concerned they have destroyed the Warhammer universe with their idiotic policies.
Yeah, they went from an amazing gaming company for players to a massive revenue company concerned only with the profit margin after about Warhammer 40k 2nd edition. In the early 90's you could by a fantasy regiment pack of about 40 minis for about $25. Today that doesn't net you more than 5.

News Comments > TwitchPrime for Amazon Prime Members
2. Re: TwitchPrime for Amazon Prime Members Oct 1, 2016, 14:58 Primalchrome

It gives them more data for targeted marketing....but still a generous offer.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Examined
68. Re: Star Citizen Examined Sep 24, 2016, 01:43 Primalchrome

descender wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 19:44:
To call ME myopic in a thread about people giving money to a publisher with zero accountability... that's rich.
If by 'rich' you mean 'accurate', we can find ourselves in agreement. I'll sum up what makes you either sadly myopic, unable to figure it out or too busy bitching to think.
- "Anyone who donates any money to any Kickstarter or publicly funded project is that same fool." - Laughable. I've put money into a number of kickstarters....after researching it. One didn't pan out....and my money was refunded. It was a calculated risk for a return. If you're putting money into a kickstarter because of an emotional tug and you *expect* a return...yeah...maybe you're a fool. If you've weighed the risks and think it's worth it....not really a fool. (and I do feel like a fool for letting hope get away with me and putting money into the SCL preorder) So....myopic....or if we're going to be generous "not well thought out". There's a reason why kickstarters are still generating startup cash....because most of the aboveboard ventures (rather than half baked pipe dreams) are generating successful transactions for the people backing them.
- "I still don't understand why they don't just refund all the KS money and call that project dead. Can someone explain why they wouldn't do that?" There are any number of EXCELLENT reasons not to pull a move like that. Investor and market confidence. The perception of culpability. A rush of other people wanting refunds that weren't KS backers. The lack of liquidity to fund a massive refund. Liability. Client relations. Third guessers once the game launches. Massive keyboard warrior drama and the resulting bad PR. I mean, really? You don't have to even scratch the surface to see why a *business* wouldn't find that to be a good idea. From the viewpoint of a butthurt user blathering in a forum, yeah, it has merit....from a rational business' viewpoint it is suicide.

All that yammering aside....I agree with you regarding SC. A lot of people with rose colored glasses spent asinine amounts of money on a longshot. I dont' think it was designed as a malicious long con.......it's just incompetence, piss poor design, and lack of self control by CRob. This is shaking out just about how quite a few critical people thought it would. It had about the same chance of success as kickstarting whatever Peter Molyneux's latest drug induced haze conjured.

57. Re: Star Citizen Examined Sep 23, 2016, 18:01 Primalchrome

descender wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 16:33:
Anyone who donates any money to any Kickstarter or publicly funded project is that same fool.

I still don't understand why they don't just refund all the KS money and call that project dead. Can someone explain why they wouldn't do that?
I....I just don't know where to start with any of this. These two snippets really reflect poorly. Either you are dangerously myopic or are not exercising some critical thinking skills. Darks pretty much nailed it.

56. Re: Star Citizen Examined Sep 23, 2016, 17:55 Primalchrome

Beamer wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 14:50:
We have very few green tag posters here. Treating the one left like garbage won't encourage any more to come. We can engage with him without some of the awful things people say to him.

He's one of the few non-anonymous posters, and one of the few that's done something in this industry, whether we respect it or not. Makes some sense to give him a bit more respect than people were showing him there. It was cruel and going for the jugular for things that hardly need it. Derek has given us no shortage of ammunition, but constantly using it just discourages anyone else from showing up as a green tag.
I will agree with you that the tag should grant the person a fair amount of leeway and immunity to some of the childish trolling and bitching that is generated by the 30+ year old children.... But... Derek is a bit of a special case. Kind of like Sean Murray. He has dug a significant hole...and now that he's found himself in it, has shown no remorse or desire to make amends. Unlike Sean, who pulled the dirt on top of himself and is in hiding, Derek's ego traded in the shovel for a backhoe.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
36. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 19, 2016, 10:12 Primalchrome

warmbluelasers wrote on Sep 19, 2016, 06:39:
The problem is too much reliance on automated & community moderation. It was easier to keep a lid on hackers in the days of privately run dedicated servers with admins.
I played CS on dedicated servers a lot years ago. You're viewing the world through rose colored glasses, because I remember cheating to be wildly rampant. Speedhacks, wallhacks, aimbots....you name it and it was everywhere. Bans against good players (who weren't cheating) were also a regular thing with ego-driven admins. Punkbuster helped somewhat...but it was still VERY prevalent. But the internet was small then....cheating today facilitated by large hacker groups for PROFIT....not for fun. It's just like the new Crypto malware/virus forks that are all over the place....it didn't seem as bad back then because there wasn't any money in it and the world was smaller, not because we were supermen and more skilled at stopping it.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
35. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 19, 2016, 10:06 Primalchrome

I know this is the Interwebz....but you really can't have it both ways and be taken seriously. "Valve are money grubbing shitheels who don't ban cheaters to keep their money/transactions moving!" != "Valve are money grubbing shitheels for banning cheaters so that they will buy another copy!" IP bans and MAC bans are a joke. They haven't worked for 10 years. 90% of users are on dynamic IPs...meaning they change regularly. MACs can be spoofed on just about any NIC. That said, I wish that Valve would spend the money to research something that delves deep into component serialization and biometrics to identify users.....but that probably has a decent chance of backfiring falsepositives with the size of the userbase we're talking about.  

News Comments > Steam Review Changes to Fight Fraud
9. Re: Steam Review Changes to Fight Fraud Sep 13, 2016, 10:52 Primalchrome

It would be nice if they put a caveat in there that only enforced these changes for the first 2 months past release. That would accomplish what they seem to be after.

Those that are criticizing the move because you buy your games elsewhere to stick it to the man....you can still write reviews. Quite frankly, if I'm on the fence and relying on user reviews it's not the number that makes the decision....it's how they're written. If you're posting a firehose of whining and stomping of feet like some do on sites/forums...you look like a moron and your review means little. If you post a reasonable review that explains valid pros or cons to the game, it can sway someone.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2016, 10:43 Primalchrome

I've been very impressed with Galaxy S series and the Nexus series. If you want a more user friendly option that seems to work better with peripherals and has a better camera....Galaxy. If you're more concerned about a virgin experience and feels a touch peppier...Nexus. Both lines have had their battery issues, but the fast charging tends to render them moot.  

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Free and Paid DLC
1. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Free and Paid DLC Sep 1, 2016, 20:52 Primalchrome

Glad to see Vlad taking the field. Never cared for Mannfried. Anyone want to take bets on how good his ring of regeneration will be in game???  

News Comments > PlayStation Now Coming to PCs
19. Re: PlayStation Now Coming to PCs Aug 23, 2016, 18:39 Primalchrome

Very interested in the DS4 adapter, I'd really like to have seamless usage on a PC. I had high hopes for the Steam controller, but the DS4 just hits everything so well...

All that said, I'm not interested in a monthly sub to play...

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer
3. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Aug 17, 2016, 10:45 Primalchrome

Article wrote on Aug 17, 2016, 10:18:
renowned 40k author Gav Thorpe
Article wrote on Aug 17, 2016, 10:18:
acclaimed Dark Angels writer Gavin Thorpe
Jesus, Gav has become such a tool over the last decade.

336 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo