Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tessier Ashpoole

Real Name Tessier Ashpoole   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Primalchrome
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2011, 18:32
Total Comments 405 (Amateur)
User ID 56308

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

News Comments > BATTLETECH Delayed
10. Re: BATTLETECH Delayed Aug 15, 2017, 18:03 Primalchrome

Flatline wrote on Aug 15, 2017, 13:32:
Also, we'll see how the AC adjustment works. AC/10 was just brutal.
Urbies on overwatch behind your line were punching way outside their weight class....for some reason that made me giddy.

Glad that they're taking the needed time to do this release right.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 14, 2017, 17:50 Primalchrome

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 14, 2017, 15:56:
You know Pence is tired of running around doing damage control as his boss becomes more tractable. Now all they have to do is take away the morons twitter account.
You don't think Pence just views himself as sitting in the bullpen waiting for the 70+ year old guy to throw his arm out of socket?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
32. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 14, 2017, 17:44 Primalchrome

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 14, 2017, 11:57:
The fact that people are defending Streamers as integral to modern gamin is really depressing. Most likely true, but still depressing. Talk about catering to the wrong market.
Why, exactly, is it depressing? Was it depressing when I used to buy Byte! or Joystick magazine to find out what was going on in gaming? Was it depressing when I started reading Blues? Was it depressing when I watched 'let's play' footage on Youtube? PC Gaming has been a cutting edge part of tech/geek culture for decades. It is astounding that so many of us old school gamers are now turning into the 'get off my lawn' crowd and prefer to gnash teeth at tech/cultural/social advancement. It's the same mindset that has my father-in-law gobbling air the first year I pointed out that gaming rev was higher than movie theater rev...this after so many years of snide remarks.

27. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 14, 2017, 09:54 Primalchrome

jdreyer wrote on Aug 14, 2017, 00:23:
Exactly. Streamers are attention-seeking, egotistical grifters. The decision to stream should not require any special activity on the developer's end. It reeks of special treatment.
JD, you're normally a voice of reason on Blues... You're looking at a couple of examples and throwing a wide net. Streamers are the new marketing partners of the game industry....a few days of popular streamers on your title can make a difference in a couple hundred thousand in sales. As to it being 'special treatment'....not really. It's policing the equivalent of harassment and luddite hacking in game. "They're streaming publically, so they deserve what they get." Is that the same for people that get doxxed when most of the information is 'public'? How about traffic sniffing and using that information to stalk them in game or even in the real world? It's really no different...streams of data that are easily accessible by people who know what they're doing. One can be done by mouthbreathers...the other requires a script kiddy (practically one in the same).

22. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 13, 2017, 22:07 Primalchrome

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 13, 2017, 18:28:
If the admins CAN tell the difference, great.

Disclaimer: I don't play PUBG, although I am tempted by certain aspects to get it, reading about bannings, when it's still in Early Access, is a bit of a turnoff. Catering to streamers is a huge turnoff, but I guess that's how multiplayer games work these days.
Jesus fucking Christ. This has been covered so many times but people keep talking out their asses just to have a chance to post something. IT IS STATISTICALLY OBVIOUS WHENEVER ANYONE IS STREAM SNIPING DUE TO THE FACT THEIR BEHAVIOR IS UTTERLY ILLOGICAL OTHERWISE. Couple this with the fact that Reddit/Forum/Steam posters are almost always full of shit when trying to claim why they were banned. I so miss when the League of Legends devs would post logs from people that would publically complain that they were banned for 'honking a horn near a streamer'. It was always a hilarious example of a shitheel toxic player twisting events to play the victim card being picked on by the big bad corporation....the good old American pasttime.

News Comments > Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition and Return of the Pip-Boy Next Month
4. Re: Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition and Return of the Pip-Boy Next Month Aug 11, 2017, 10:57 Primalchrome

The GotY edition for FO:4 will be a steal if they release it at the normal pricepoint.  

News Comments > Gearbox Teases Project 1v1
6. Re: Gearbox Teases Project 1v1 Aug 8, 2017, 22:40 Primalchrome

1. 1v1 Competitive Duel FPS
2. CCG mechanics
3. ?
4. Profit!!!

We all know that #3 is microtransactions.

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Video Catch-up
20. Re: Borderlands 3 Video Catch-up Aug 7, 2017, 09:55 Primalchrome

Retired wrote on Aug 6, 2017, 21:04:
I don't have the weapons to defeat the side bosses.
Note that the bosses everyone is complaining about are referred to as "Raid Bosses". They're not meant to be taken down solo. It's not a matter of the weapon you're using...hit them with a party of 3+ or 2+ if you're geared for multiplayer play.

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Ban Change Plans
26. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Ban Change Plans Jul 30, 2017, 11:47 Primalchrome

Kosumo wrote on Jul 30, 2017, 05:23:
As for people being banned over this, with what I would think is very little if any prof, that's just shit.
This was UNCONFIRMED ACCUSATIONS ...... bad PR for Battlegrounds (and the Streamer) imho.
Look...I realize reading comprehension is at an all time low in North America....but give it a go, eh? Read the article. Read PU's tweets. They're not banning people because Grimmz is whining. They're banning people when it shows them REPEATEDLY TRYING TO SYNC DROP and then REPEATEDLY MOVING TOWARD THE STREAMER'S PROJECTED POSITION and then REPEATEDLY TRYING TO KILL THE STREAMER. It is statistically impossible for someone to do these things without stream sniping. If that is 'little prof' or 'unconfirmed accusations' I weep for our future. I'm sure it's all fake news.

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Ban Change Plans
22. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Ban Change Plans Jul 30, 2017, 01:26 Primalchrome

...sweet mother. Streamers are free marketing/advertisement for PUBG. They're also a form of entertainment for the community and prospective players. It makes sense that they will be protected. And I honestly wonder if any of you have played the game... You can cover up your map with a graphic and set a minute delay....and still get regularly stream sniped. It's very easy to simply watch gameplay or (gasp!) note when the player pulls up the full map for a glance to figure out where they are going. You set up on their approach, wait, and nail them. You have spoiled shits like Grimm crying 'wolf' every damn match they die.... But then you watch someone like Cohh who gets sniped three matches running by the same guy and think it's just innocent happenstance? If the logs show a pattern of movement gravitating toward a particular streamer or multiple kills it becomes pretty damning evidence that they'er shitheel stream snipers.  

News Comments > For Honor Revamp Includes Dedicated Servers
2. Re: For Honor Revamp Includes Dedicated Servers Jul 27, 2017, 18:14 Primalchrome

Too little too late. Most of the playerbase has already uninstalled.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 21, 2017, 12:42 Primalchrome

Deadwood was such a great series....would love to see some of the loose threads tied up.  

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Patch Tuesday
15. Re: MechWarrior Online Patch Tuesday Jul 17, 2017, 17:16 Primalchrome

Orogogus wrote on Jul 17, 2017, 14:17:
Primalchrome wrote on Jul 17, 2017, 11:40:
Much better even in beta than the old MechAssault games.

Do you mean MechCommander? Comparing to MechAssault seems about as relevant as comparing to... I don't know, the card game. Either of the old Crescent Hawk games would be a closer match.
Yes sir. MechCommander, not Assault. Too many games, too much time. The old Crescent Hawks Revenge series was a lot of fun though.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Patch Tuesday
7. Re: MechWarrior Online Patch Tuesday Jul 17, 2017, 11:40 Primalchrome

I still play MWO off and on. It has progressed over the years into a pretty decent Mechwarrior arena shooter. Most of the people that rail against it would be just as vocal regardless of the dev or game released. The old school battletech fanbase is a significant detriment to any new game coming out. Hell, you hear alot of the purists whining about Harebrained's new product as well...and it is a damn fine adaptation. Much better even in beta than the old MechAssault games.

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Extended
6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 7, 2017, 13:25 Primalchrome

LiTh wrote on Jul 7, 2017, 11:39:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 7, 2017, 11:03:
They should double its price to take advantage of the games popularity.
I wonder if they did do that, would their sales drop in half? Or would they have as much momentum behind them if they had a larger price from the beginning?
It would probably be a net loss for them. Squandering a great deal of consumer good will and a loss of sales results in a smaller playerbase.... At ~$30 there's room for plenty of impulse buys, at $60, not so much.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 7, 2017, 12:43 Primalchrome

Dacote wrote on Jul 7, 2017, 12:06:
Cutter wrote on Jul 7, 2017, 12:03:
Are you kidding me? They should have never let that egomaniac into the films. Just breaks the fourth wall all the time. And he doesn't deserve even 1/4 of the credit he claims. We'll lose nothing except another egomaniac in a world overflowing with them. You're the first person I've ever heard that even remotely likes him, much less believes he's a major talent, lol!
Nothing is less edgy than an Angry white man acting angry just for attention. Sad
Sad and angry.
Sangry
I keep Cutter and a handful of other BluesTrolls on ignore, but in response.... Cutter's right, he doesn't deserve but a small percentage of the credit he claims... Stan Lee is an egomaniac who is too self absorbed to publicly praise the contributions of the people he worked with during the silver age. I'm looking at Kirby and Romita specifically.

That said....he *was* a creative force that gave us part of what we know as the MCU. He *was* a factor in the business aspect as well. He *is* a long running joke in the movies that helps further tie together the myriad of Infinity Gauntlet films. He *is* a comedic/historic draw at cons/panels across the world.

So in the end, I stand by what I said....Stan Lee is a major creative/comedic celebrity. That said, do I think I'd want to spend my precious personal time with him beyond a couple of lunches...probably not. I could probably say the exact same thing about someone like McArthur were he still alive.

I realize it is probably a revelation, but personal vs professional vs historical relevance are very different things.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 7, 2017, 10:51 Primalchrome

Stan Lee's wife just passed away....statistically that is not a good sign for him. We'll lose a major creative/comedic celebrity when he moves on. The MCU franchise has done a fantastic job of using him to help push the films....and unlike DC they have been well received for the most part.  

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Extended
1. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Extended Jul 7, 2017, 10:45 Primalchrome

Fine with me. They are making steady progression to a polished product and don't want to release it prematurely. What's sad is that in today's dev/EA methodology, *this* is the exception to the rule.  

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Launches
48. Re: Steam Summer Sale Launches Jun 23, 2017, 10:18 Primalchrome

jdreyer wrote on Jun 23, 2017, 05:37:
Shit, I just discovered Rimworld didn't go on sale. That was the one game I was waiting for...
Great game with a fantastic dev. Definitely worthy of/deserves the full price purchase.

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Leadeboard Wipe; Patch Plans
1. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Leadeboard Wipe; Patch Plans May 31, 2017, 10:15 Primalchrome

Awwwwwww.... I lose my measly 3 chicken dinners. And I was so proud of them!  

405 Comments. 21 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo