Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Tessier Ashpoole

Real Name Tessier Ashpoole   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Primalchrome
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2011, 18:32
Total Comments 657 (Apprentice)
User ID 56308

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2019, 10:47 Primalchrome

Great job and many thanks to everyone that put a hand in on the site update.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Remnant: From the Ashes Celebrates 1M Sales with New Content

2. Re: Remnant: From the Ashes Celebrates 1M Sales with New Content Oct 30, 2019, 15:08 Primalchrome

Really enjoyed this game....but I got to a point later in the game where the mobs felt like bullet sponges. I had to hack incessantly to kill one....which didn't feel like a challenge, rather a boring time sink. Never could figure out if I'd skipped ahead a zone/tier/world or what. I got bored back tracking trying to find if I'd missed something and finally just gave up on it.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2019, 14:57 Primalchrome

Condolences. A good eulogy/funeral goes a long way toward helping heal the wound and appreciating what was lost.  

News Comments > Flurry of Blizzard Departures

4. Re: Flurry of Blizzard Departures Oct 29, 2019, 11:34 Primalchrome

Darks wrote on Oct 29, 2019, 10:57:
Blizz was a great company up until they sold out to Activision,
I think they went from being an artistic gaming company to a purely corporate enterprise when they merged with Vivendi a few years before. Almost every single title and expansion they have developed from that point forward felt like a bland cash grab aimed at the lowest common denominator. Nix that....I had my dates wrong. It was 2008 when they merged with Activision. They already had SCII and BC pretty fleshed out....but from that point forward... ugh.

This comment was edited on Oct 29, 2019, 11:53.

News Comments > The Outer Worlds Released

4. Re: The Outer Worlds Released Oct 25, 2019, 11:13 Primalchrome

The streams on Twitch make this look like a fantastic new generation for something like FO:NV. I may break down and go the GamePass route....but would have already bought it full price if it were on GoG or Steam. >shrug<  

News Comments > Fallout 76 Launches Fallout 1st Private Server Program

5. Re: Fallout 76 Launches Fallout 1st Private Server Program Oct 23, 2019, 15:06 Primalchrome

And yet people are still falling all over themselves to defend Bethesda's actions...because they feel delivering a sub-par, bug-ridden product with a healthy dose of lockdown is best for consumers.  

10. Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Oct 22, 2019, 18:15 Primalchrome

jdreyer wrote on Oct 22, 2019, 15:05:
JJ is going to rehash Return of the Jedi for this movie, just like he rehashed A New Hope for The Force Awakens. That's what he does! THAT'S ALL HE DOES!
Thank you. This is the first Star Wars (main story line) movie that I have zero interest in seeing. What started as the first movie my Dad ever took me to see is something I dread hearing updates on the latest butchering.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2019, 13:06 Primalchrome

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Oct 15, 2019, 10:54:
It used to be called "Global Warming" but of course that wasn't broad enough to try and get people on board with new science of world temperature.
I think part of the turn of phrase is that so many people tried to argue the term 'warming' when there was snow on the ground to obviously refute it. I mean, if it's snowing today, how could there be warming, you silly libtard scientists?

Climate tracking in +95% of the world has only been around 150 years which is a very very small sample size. England started mid 1600's but nothing was agreed upon in scales until around ~1720.

Is the temperature rising? Sure. Are people 100% responsible? Could be.. could not be. This could be part of natural cycles. I hate this fucking term of "Climate Change". The climate is ALWAYS changing.
You realize that the ice caps, permafrost, trees, and glaciers have been around a couple of weeks longer than such mercurial entities as "England" and "Murika", right? Core samples? Tree rings? Evidence that yes, climate change occurs normally for thousands of years....but that the warming of the last hundred is 'going plaid' and will have vast effects on human civilization and the world itself?

And let's say that humans aren't 100% responsible. Fair enough. But if we try to course correct the percentage that we *are* responsible for, maybe we can take it down a notch from extinction events to just drastic shifts in biomes.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2019, 12:55 Primalchrome

I stopped watching football with any regularity when I cut the cord and lost my DVR. 3 hours of time to watch 15 minutes of actual game? Fast forward/rewind/pause to enjoy a game in 45 minutes was enjoyable. Now with further reviews we're going to push 4 hours. The reality is that humans are human. Making split second decisions in the heat of things is significantly different than armchair quarterbacking.  

News Comments > Gears 5 Quitters Risk Lengthy Bans

4. Re: Gears 5 Quitters Risk Lengthy Bans Oct 15, 2019, 09:32 Primalchrome

Kxmode wrote on Oct 14, 2019, 23:19:
Can they detect whether someone's connection died during a multiplayer match? I suspect not.
Most modern multiplayer games that have penalties for quitting have some controls in place to help discern if it's a ragequit. That said, over a period, even they don't care if you're quitting because you're a toddler or if you have a bad connection. If you have rampant disconnects, you are consistently impacting the play and enjoyment of the other 5, 9, 15, or more consumers of the product.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 11, 2019, 12:23 Primalchrome

Who pays for CBS All Access, anyway? I know one person that did when Star Trek originally released but he let it lapse after the first season...

The user comments on the Tesla death story are hilarious. "That dad and his son must be liberals" is the consistent sentiment. I'm not sure political affiliation has anything to do with trying to game our Torts system.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2019, 10:56 Primalchrome

Still in the mid 80's here.....so it'll be a while before we turn on the heat.

Pretty impressive that NASA was able to spot those asteroids. That's like standing in a 4 acre field and spotting a few sewing needles flying toward you.

News Comments > Arizona Sunshine: The Damned Released

1. Re: Arizona Sunshine: The Damned Released Oct 4, 2019, 09:25 Primalchrome

Arizona Sunshine is a great VR title. It's relatively simple in design, but the story and voiceover work really make it special. Looking forward to giving the DLC a try.  

News Comments > Gearbox Responds to Union Beef

7. Re: Gearbox Responds to Union Beef Oct 1, 2019, 12:43 Primalchrome

Verno wrote on Oct 1, 2019, 11:22:
We also believe strongly in hiring local voice actors whenever we can which is why we’re thrilled Troy’s career really took off after working with us.

It's never hard to pinpoint where Pitchford had any input on a public statement. Sure he did some stuff in BiA with Gearbox but he also worked with dozens of other companies, its kind of bizarre that they're implying they're responsible for his success.
Yeahhhhh....that was the bit that stood out for me as well. BiA or Tales from the Borderlands were never any kind of gaming or pop culture icon. If any one title catapulted him to the forefront it would probably be The Last of Us.

News Comments > Industry Group: Steam Refund Ruling Incorrect

16. Re: Industry Group: Steam Refund Ruling Incorrect Sep 20, 2019, 16:58 Primalchrome

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Sep 20, 2019, 14:38:
My point is that sharing GoG archival downloads can also be abused in the same way, but no one is screaming about that.
I understand what you're trying to say....but it's fundamentally different from piracy in that it has a legitimate and easily accessible means of trasnsfer. Why do *most* people pirate games/music/movies? Generally because it's easy, or at least easier than acquiring it legitimately. With CD/DVDs, you have to copy a physical item. Once imaged or with software, you have to establish a method of transfer. There are groups all over that have been doing this for 50 years.....but only select people either have the knowledge or will to go through the hoops.

Napster/Limewire comes along and piracy goes absolutely nuts. Why? Because it's easier than going to Kmart, buying a CD, taking it home, ripping it, and copying it onto your Rio. Once iTunes and other digital platforms were able to pry rights from the music industry.....legit sales. Because it was easy and accessible.

By allowing immediate and accessible resale of a non-degrading digital product it means you can have a single license turn around 10 times in a week. Meaning the publisher received one sale whereas it had ten consumed instances of the product. Single player games will be crushed by week one resales.

The easy way around it is >shiver< subscriptions or usage fees. Oooh, right, we need more lootboxes! Or maybe streaming is more to your liking?

Honestly, the easy thing to do would be for Steam to get with Publishers and Devs and put together a used-game storefront. Make it utter trash with a publisher's $10 license transfer fee that is tacked onto the transaction....then a dev license transfer fee of $50 and then a services fee for Valve of $10.

News Comments > Industry Group: Steam Refund Ruling Incorrect

5. Re: Industry Group: Steam Refund Ruling Incorrect Sep 20, 2019, 13:11 Primalchrome

>shrug< You guys can scream about corporate greed.....but they have good points. This isn't just about games....it's about music...movies...etc... Digital goods don't degrade, so by this ruling, you can resell them indefinitely with zero change in quality. So for something 'consumable', you play the game and sell it. New owner plays/sells/play/sells/play/sells. This won't be as painful to multiplayer games, but single player devs will see a drastic loss in revenue from lost sales....which means no more single player games. Or worse....Gaming as a Streaming Subscription across the board.

Someone needs to send GoG the memo that they are contributing to "the ease of reproduction allowed by the Internet". Those GoG guys are such assholes.
Uhm.....I'm not sure you understand how GoG works. No DRM doesn't mean 'hey yall, pirate all our shit'. It means, you have a non transferrable license and we don't punish you with DRM so that you can use it on your personal/family machines.

News Comments > Best Games of the Century List

12. Re: Best Games of the Century List Sep 19, 2019, 13:49 Primalchrome

Acleacius wrote on Sep 19, 2019, 11:50:
Is Dark Souls really that good of a game? I thought it was basically a Boss Fight Arena Simulator, with no real story or character interaction.
Quite the contrary. While it is the most crisp combat game out there, there is an amazing depth to the lore and the story. The particularly impressive part is that it is never fed to the PC. It is all in the dialogue (bosses, NPCs, etc...) and item descriptions.

HalfLIfe 1 was released in 1998. This is supposed to be a list for 2000-2020.....not the 1900's.

News Comments > Best Games of the Century List

1. Re: Best Games of the Century List Sep 19, 2019, 11:37 Primalchrome

Pretty fair list....almost all of them are strong contenders. I'm pleased to see Dark Souls and Bloodborne given their due. Kind of surprised that World of Warcraft isn't listed...

Legend of Zelda:BotW shouldn't be there, however. It is a relatively straightforward open world game with item degradation. Not sure that it brought anything new to the table other than a new Zelda game.

For similar reasons, not sure why GTA:V is on there. Maybe because of the online/roleplay aspect?

News Comments > Discord Blowing Up Nitro Games Program

2. Re: Discord Blowing Up Nitro Games Program Sep 13, 2019, 11:43 Primalchrome

I was wondering why Discord and Twitch had subscription game programs....always struck me as a little out of place. What I don't understand is why I can't pay Nitro money for a more reliable/resources discord server?  

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Launch Trailer

4. Re: Borderlands 3 Launch Trailer Sep 9, 2019, 15:17 Primalchrome

Ayup. Looks like Borderlands! Looking forward to a few key reviewers and some let's plays....  

657 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >