Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Tessier Ashpoole

Real Name Tessier Ashpoole   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Primalchrome
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On April 26, 2011
Founding Supporter Bronze, since February 25, 2020
Total Comments 745 (Apprentice)
User ID 56308

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue

11. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 7, 2020, 14:18  Primalchrome 

WaltC wrote on Apr 7, 2020, 11:04:
I do not find it amusing how the government currently has decided to assign "cause of death" to COVID-19 while ignoring age as a factor (80 is years past the average life expectancy for both men and women in the US)

Birx and Fauci have done an awful job so far--notice how their predictions of "death tolls" keep getting lowered almost on a daily basis? They are supposed to be scientists, not Tea-Leaf readers. They've succeeded in panicking the country, though, as that seems to have been their primary intention all along.
Fox news, ladies and gentlemen. This is your brain on Fox news. Slow, sludged and leaving you barking at the moon. You heard it here first ladies and gentlemen, we don't need to treat diabetes, stroke, or even the flu ever again....because, why bother? Heart Disease kills more than those put together, so they're totally irrelevant.

Birx and Fauci are total shams! I mean, they have an education, how can you trust them? Fauci has 30 years of experience in research and treatment of infectious diseases...pah! That's nothing! I've been watching barely literate frothing at the mouth news anchors for 50 years! Obviously I'm better informed! Even if I don't have a clue what 'average life expectancy' actually means.

Better we asked Nancy Reagan for her horoscope predictions rather than project a timeline based on fragmented data...and then have the temerity to update it as new data allows. And how dare the measures that they recommended actually have an effect on the transmission rates and slow things down enough to reduce the predicted death tolls?

Since I don't trust those top level experts.....maybe I should talk to actual doctors and nurses in hot zones that are working ER and ICU shifts to get the opinion of someone with boots on the ground? Naw, of course not! That would be foolish. I might hear that the ICU is at/near capacity and that if we hadn't started distancing a LOT more people WOULD be dead.

Because I *know* that they wouldn't be dead because the virus pushed them off the cliff. Pah! They were already standing somewhere near the edge, so it's obviously their own fault or something else's fault. Had nothing to do with the virus!

Nah.....I'm more comfortable sitting on my ass with a nice Old Fashioned watching Archie Bunker.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 7, 2020, 10:50  Primalchrome 

Duck Rape is actually pretty accurate....

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/news/2017/09/duck-penis-size-social-group-study/

News Comments > Saints Row: The Third Remastered Announced

3. Re: Saints Row: The Third Remastered Announced Apr 6, 2020, 13:05  Primalchrome 

I thought it was hilarious....from having Hulk Hogan and Burt Reynolds doing their part to make it an absolute riot.

That said, I can't see myself ever revisiting it. I'm not sure updating the graphics and engine really adds enough value for a 20 hour replay..

News Comments > Report: Gearbox Staff Unhappy with Lower Than Expected Borderlands 3 Bonuses

25. Re: Report: Gearbox Staff Unhappy with Lower Than Expected Borderlands 3 Bonuses Apr 2, 2020, 13:44  Primalchrome 

D-Rock wrote on Apr 2, 2020, 08:53:
I never understand how people who deal with logic all day can't make logical decisions. If it's a bonus, you need to plan on potentially not getting it at all.
Because a lot of devs are younger and don't have worldly experience. Or swayed by the charisma/culture of a kewl dev studio with a hip guy like RPitchford at the helm. Many times 'bonuses' are sold to new employees as if they're a sure thing with very general requirements and a *lot* of fine print. The one and only 'bonus' plan I accepted had straightforward requirements that were torpedoed when CE-level cretins at the company changed design specs *after* I had already met the requirements. Result? No bonus because it didn't meet the final spec. I was gone months later.

I mean, how can Borderlands 3 *not* be a hit? Even all their marketing and braggadocio after release would seem to indicate that they far surpassed every metric that they predicted. From all the chest thumping you would think that Pitchford would be writing out all the bonus checks himself....because they did so great...so much better....the biggerest....hands.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2020, 11:55  Primalchrome 

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 2, 2020, 11:14:
Trying to watch Tiger King. What a hot mess, not sure I can make it past the first episode.
Push through! Think of it as a marathon rather than a sprint. >wink<

28. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2020, 01:46  Primalchrome 

Prez wrote on Apr 1, 2020, 13:50:
I still can't type too well. Just checking in.
Glad to see you got your priorities straight, man.... Blues is love...Blues is life. LOL. Kidding aside, glad to see your post!

News Comments > Terraria Sells 30 Million

1. Re: Terraria Sells 30 Million Apr 1, 2020, 10:49  Primalchrome 

Dollar for dollar one of the best, if not THE best gaming returns I've ever had. Free sandbox building, ala Minecraft. Intricate crafting system. Fun and interactive devices. Progressive bosses/zones. A hard mode that totally revamps the game. NINE years of quality updates.

Wow.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Shown in VR via Half-Life: Alyx

6. Re: Half-Life 2 Shown in VR via Half-Life: Alyx Mar 31, 2020, 15:15  Primalchrome 

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 31, 2020, 11:10:
A few maps imported (badly) into the current engine is not Half Life 2 in VR.
It was a joke?

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Shown in VR via Half-Life: Alyx

1. Re: Half-Life 2 Shown in VR via Half-Life: Alyx Mar 31, 2020, 10:44  Primalchrome 

HalfLife 2.5 CONFIRMED!  

News Comments > Epic Games Publishing Announced

44. Re: Epic Games Publishing Announced Mar 26, 2020, 18:32  Primalchrome 

jdreyer wrote on Mar 26, 2020, 15:46:
Blizzard and EA don't offer most of that stuff either. Where's your outrage about all of their games not being on Steam?
Wait....what? I'm not outraged about any games not being on Steam with the exception of those that were advertised as such when the dev/publisher were accepting funds (pre-orders or kickstarter). My post was responding to the dead horse that Steam never does anything for PCGaming.

I don't like Epic or EA...and have a 'its complicated' relationship with Blizzard, but I buy stuff from other sites/portals/frontends/launchers all the time... That said, they all have their warts and I don't mind recognizing them...

22. Re: Epic Games Publishing Announced Mar 26, 2020, 14:44  Primalchrome 

WannaLogAlready wrote on Mar 26, 2020, 14:08:
but has done little for developers considering its economic might, content to just rake the winnings of the status quo.
Sigh. Steam, whether you like them or not, has done a lot for both consumers and devs to make PCgaming both better and more accessible. Some of these things seem trivial or not something you or I use....but they do push sales/units in other demographics, thereby helping devs and publishers. :
- Workshop
- Centralized patching / Optional versioning / Beta programs
- Centralized dev updates
- Centralized forums
- Cloud Saves
- DLC linking
- Shopping cart / Wishlist / Gifting / Social aspects
- Big Picture mode
- Controller support/emulation
- Steam Controller / Steam Link
- SteamVR
- Linux clients
- Hell...even the SteamBox was good for devs as a political move

6. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 26, 2020, 12:16  Primalchrome 

Way to think outside the box, Rob. I like it. The spacing for the header can probably be tweaked a bit....but it's great.  

8. Re: Epic Games Publishing Announced Mar 26, 2020, 12:14  Primalchrome 

Savvy play on Epic's part. I wonder how their numbers will compare.  

News Comments > Half-Life: Alyx Playable Without VR

1. Re: Half-Life: Alyx Playable Without VR Mar 26, 2020, 12:12  Primalchrome 

Sure...it's coming. But anyone that's worked with CAD, 3D modelling, or Slicers...navigating 3 axis on a flat screen with a mouse *is* janky until you have a hundred hours or more in it. And people aren't going to buy a good 3D puck for gaming when they can get a cheap VR headset for the same price.  

News Comments > Valve on Modding VR Out of Half-Life: Alyx

7. Re: Valve on Modding VR Out of Half-Life: Alyx Mar 24, 2020, 12:09  Primalchrome 

I'm sure pushing Index units is part of the equation.... But I'm pretty sure the lions share is that taking a game designed *for* VR and them bolting on a pancake interface is going to feel horribly clunky or ruin aspects of the game. It would look shoddy and incite the pitchforks/torches crowd to stampede.

Better that weight lie on the lowered expectations of modders than the actual dev trying to deliver an excellent product.

Personally, I'd love to see Garry's Mod for Alyx. I'm still waiting on an Index, but the snippets of lets plays I've seen look very promising.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 24, 2020, 11:31  Primalchrome 

Sorry to hear about Prez. Therapy can be a massive uphill trudge, but here's hoping that you push through and get back to where you were. Keep your chin up, man.  

News Comments > Wolcen Sells 1M

14. Re: Wolcen Sells 1M Mar 6, 2020, 10:56  Primalchrome 

Almost every review that I've seen with more than 10 hours of playtime can be boiled down to "Meh." and "Buggy." I wonder if the wild number of sales are indicative of a need for good ARPG titles or because of streamer hype the first few days?  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 6, 2020, 10:53  Primalchrome 

Fantastic! Looking forward to seeing these guys together again. His name escapes me, but I was able to see one of them on the Who's Line Is It Anyway live tour last year.....great seeing him on stage.  

News Comments > Valve Expects Monday's Index Restock to Sell Out

31. Re: Valve Expects Monday's Index Restock to Sell Out Mar 5, 2020, 11:15  Primalchrome 

Beamer wrote on Mar 5, 2020, 09:15:
Buddy, there are people out there that bought a VR headset for Skyrim.
Alyx isn't a killer app for VR. Skyrim might have been the closest to being one, though... When you look at the number of PSVR units that moved when it was released (not just the US), it made a major impact on the market.

Frankly, I don't know if there ever will be a 'killer app' for VR. Gamers are largely sedentary creatures (I won't get muzzled for another sweeping generalization, will I?) that enjoy 'relaxing' while sitting in front of a computer or on a couch to game.... VR generally requires a fair square footage, constant body movement, and a serious inner ear adjustment for most people....totally different world. Circling back, it will take something like PS4 VR to generate the market by being affordable and readily accessible to the majority of gamers.....console monkeys.

News Comments > Valve Expects Monday's Index Restock to Sell Out

1. Re: Valve Expects Monday's Index Restock to Sell Out Mar 4, 2020, 17:30  Primalchrome 

Fingers crossed. The more folks that drink the koolaid, the more dollars to drive more games!  

745 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >