Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Bend, OR 04/29

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tessier Ashpoole

Real Name Tessier Ashpoole   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Primalchrome
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2011, 18:32
Total Comments 373 (Amateur)
User ID 56308

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
17. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 24, 2017, 10:16 Primalchrome

Yeah, I agree. Nier is shit. Just like The Last of Us and Witcher 3. Can you believe those shit games made you play as Elle and Ciri to advance the storyline? Cocksucker devs always recycling their shit to make you play shit characters and advance shit storylines. And whoever can forget having to play Daud in Dishonored? Shit!

...sounds rather silly now, doesn't it? It is a straightforward method of enforcing perspective on the player to further the overall storyline. It's been used in different ways in any number of games. I don't one the game (yet), but was well aware of how the storyline involves a playthrough by multiple characters. If you don't like the gameplay...that's one thing...but bitching about something that isn't an issue and instead is an aspect of the game itself.....well.....

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Patch Tomorrow
1. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Patch Tomorrow Apr 19, 2017, 10:09 Primalchrome

Pretty impressive the speed that they're addressing issues in EA. And there are a *massive* number of fixes/enhancements listed for this patch.  

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Sells 1M
12. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Sells 1M Apr 11, 2017, 13:55 Primalchrome

Meh....PUBG is an early access title....and it is fully playable. Oh, it needs some optimization, polish, and hopefully more content...but it is well worth $30 even in its current state. PU has enough cred from his mod work in the past that I'm fine supporting this one.

Funny thing is, I'd put this one up against quite a few of the fully released games folks have bought for $60.

News Comments > CD Projekt RED's CYBERPUNK TM
16. Re: CD Projekt RED's CYBERPUNK TM Apr 7, 2017, 17:43 Primalchrome

I'm not sure how this trademark was approved this go around or when R.Talisorian did it before.... There is plenty of prior use of the term in the same general areas of publication. Hell, it's considered a genre label. Probably wouldn't hold up if there was a suit against someone not cribbing their original material, but in the US you have to buy your justice. So, CDP RED could use their war coffers to make it too expensive to challenge....and that is what people are concerned about. If they went against a WarZ style situation, no one would bat an eye.  

News Comments > Terraria: Otherworld Developer Switch
17. Re: Terraria: Otherworld Developer Switch Apr 6, 2017, 17:28 Primalchrome

Chicken/Beamer/jdreyer, thanks for your replies. Had no idea about the unlocks, so I might well go back to FTL for another go. Your helpful posts are very much appreciated.  

News Comments > NieR Ships 1M Copies
9. Re: NieR Ships 1M Copies Apr 5, 2017, 15:47 Primalchrome

NetHead wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 14:47:
Blue's might have more than it's share of cynics and so on, even rude and aggressive but this is Reddit/4Chan shit leaking in now.
Agreed. His target and a few other regular users are sad curmudgeons at best and trolls at worst...but all you have to do is block them. Sadly, there won't be a ban because said users have almost all had similar comments simply deleted over the years and they're still mucking up the board.

9. Re: Terraria: Otherworld Developer Switch Apr 5, 2017, 15:45 Primalchrome

Beamer wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 14:57:
I have nearly 400 hours in FTL
No sarcasm, genuinely curious... I probably put 50 hours into the original Rogue on the Tandy 1000. I've played a handful of roguelikes (FTL being one) over the years since and enjoy them for 5-10 hours each but can't imagine putting in over a hundred hours. What about FTL (or roguelikes) makes it fun doing the same things over and over? Is it the challenge to see just how many levels deep you can make it before you reset?

8. Re: Terraria: Otherworld Developer Switch Apr 5, 2017, 15:42 Primalchrome

chickenboo wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 13:48:
Sure you could pick up Terraria for that price, but then you're playing a 2d Minecraft-sandbox game, and not a CRPG.

Or if you prefer, you could spend the $4 on Terraria when it's on sale, or FTL (a better game)
I....don't think you've played Terraria. Or maybe you played it for about 20 minutes and walked away with a very limited experience. It is a more of a hybrid sandbox/console sidescroller. There is legitimate exploration and building....but also a variety of opponents/puzzles and bosses that have to be defeated to move the game along. I wouldn't go so far as to say that there is a storyline...but there is a hell of a lot of arcade-style fun.

2. Re: Terraria: Otherworld Developer Switch Apr 5, 2017, 11:36 Primalchrome

Re-Logic created one of the best games and dev models in modern gaming. Terraria has had regular content updates over the last 6 years that add content and levels of challenge. One of the biggest bangs for the buck out of all the titles in my library.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 3, 2017, 13:00 Primalchrome

Ahhh...the F-35. Does everything...poorly. Does nothing...well.

Classic example of why every retired general/admiral should be tried for treason if they accept a 'consulting' job with any contractor that they endorsed while in uniform.

News Comments > Videogame Hall of Fame Finalists
28. Re: Videogame Hall of Fame Finalists Mar 30, 2017, 10:06 Primalchrome

I'm on board with Donkey Kong, Solitaire and Wii Sports....

FFVII, Myst, Resident Evil - King's Quest or Zork should go in that slot.

Warcraft - Just no. Warcraft was a purely derivative work from Dune II and Games Workshop's Fantasy world. Don't get me wrong, I have hundreds of hours on it...but it doesn't really qualify. Would much rather see Dune II there...loved it when I realized you could actually harvest dead worms.

Cabinet Games - How about Joust? Unique mechanics and gameplay that really has never been done better.

18. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 27, 2017, 14:59 Primalchrome

GET OFF MY LAWN!  

News Comments > GOG Galaxy Leaves Beta
8. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Mar 22, 2017, 11:33 Primalchrome

Dentorro wrote on Mar 22, 2017, 11:02:
Why give 30% of your money to Valve if you can get it al for yourself? I can see more publishers in the future go their own route so they earn more.
Because they do a better job? Because they handle distribution and patching? Because of the free marketing? Community resources? Steam Workshop? Shrug. I realize that people get hung up on the 30% thing, which looks obscene from a consumer's view. But that number isn't really that far out there when you look at distribution models and the assorted services being provided. That's a huge development/infrastructure/maintenance package to float for most companies....

Dentorro wrote on Mar 22, 2017, 11:02:
Also I find it strange that noone ever mentions Blizzard's implementation via battle.net
Ooooh...good point. Blizzard's client is pretty damn slick, which everyone expects from Blizzard. I have that one installed as well. If I'm being honest, it's only there because of nostalgia. The fond memories of Warcraft LAN parties and Diablo II runs late into the night.

5. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Mar 22, 2017, 10:56 Primalchrome

Shineyguy wrote on Mar 22, 2017, 10:08:
Just out of curiosity, what are your issues with Origin and Uplay?
Well, both are publisher specific...which strikes me as silly as a long term solution. Who wants 10+ clients just because every publisher has their own flavor? UPlay has always felt janky and cobbled together...like something and indie group would create. I just reinstalled it for For Honor and it felt just as poorly contrived as when it first came out. That said, I still use it on occasion. Origins, on the other hand, appears very polished and functional. That said EA is the worst company out there for PC gaming...its only competitor int eh running for that title is probably Microsoft. I'm was willing to rarely buy an EA game over the last decade...but since ME3 and Origin became draconian, I don't buy any EA titles. Just voting with my wallet.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2017, 09:46 Primalchrome

If you're the boss...and you're goofing off....how do you catch employees that are goofing off? - next time on Deep Thoughts with Jack Handy  

1. Re: GOG Galaxy Leaves Beta Mar 22, 2017, 09:40 Primalchrome

Glad to see this product progressing. I detest Origins and Uplay and would love to see a gaming client developed to give Steam a decent run for it's money. Not that I have major issues with Steam, but they need some competition in the marketplace to force them to update the client in terms of functionality and efficiency.  

News Comments > BattleTech Beta Delay and Release Date Outlook
5. Re: BattleTech Beta Delay and Release Date Outlook Mar 7, 2017, 10:56 Primalchrome

This news is being received very calmly.... Amazing what a little transparency and honesty from a dev can do to foster good relations with their client/fanbase.  

News Comments > Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 Delayed
1. Re: Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 Delayed Mar 6, 2017, 11:10 Primalchrome

The title remonds me of a low budget 80's film. LOL  

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 19, 2017, 18:40 Primalchrome

Quinn wrote on Feb 19, 2017, 17:50:
I am simply stunned by how incredibly NOT FUN this fucking game is. I hate the fact that I find it so incredibly hard to believe some people somehow like the game. XD
What do you find "NOT FUN" about the game? The brutal learning curve or limited game modes?

News Comments > Over 20 Million Terrarians
9. Re: Over 20 Million Terrarians Feb 18, 2017, 21:53 Primalchrome

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote:
Half the time, they patch it so much they wipe my old saves.
Luck, you must be thinking of another game. I have characters and saves that I've been using off and on for years. Only can remember a few early patches that screwed up data. The patches since have added things that sometimes might require you to start a new world to access...but beyond that everything is good.

For the record this game is by far the best bang for the buck out of any game I've ever owned. I may have more hours in Xwing or Space Hawk or EverQuest....but for less than $20 this takes the cake.

Sandbox. Quests. Exploration. Crafting. Combat. Amazing game.

373 Comments. 19 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo