Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tessier Ashpoole

Real Name Tessier Ashpoole   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Primalchrome
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2011, 18:32
Total Comments 444 (Amateur)
User ID 56308

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Co-op & Steam Workshop Support Announced
17. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Co-op & Steam Workshop Support Announced Dec 10, 2017, 19:39 Primalchrome

VaranDragon wrote on Dec 10, 2017, 17:38:
If they nailed the gameplay who cares about the graphics. What's up with that turned based Battletech game though? Is that out yet?
Multiplayer beta is available to backers as of a week or two ago. Pretty fun.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Co-op & Steam Workshop Support Announced
11. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Co-op & Steam Workshop Support Announced Dec 10, 2017, 16:09 Primalchrome

Sweet mother...people will bitch about anything, won't they?
- PGI isn't a AAA dev...so why compare them to AAAs?
- MW5 is not a AAA title, why compare it?
- AAA devs don't want the property because it has a limited fanbase.
- Said limited fanbase are mostly older Grognards. Such as myself.
- Older Grognards don't generally have 1080ti's, 32GB RAM, i7-7700's, and 4TB SSDs in RAID-0. So why advertise it for such?
- PGI has actually done fair with MWO since they ditched the original publisher.
- $500 Golden Mechs...who gives a shit? No difference than crowdfunding/kickstarting like Harebrained did with jackets and flags.

They're actually giving people what they have been asking for in a single player game. If I had to bet, you'll start off with XX chassis available. Later DLC will add more storylines and chassis. Probably microtransactions for aesthetics and maybe mechpacks. PGI is definitely not a "all in one box" dev...which is worth being wary of.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers and DOOM VFR Specs
7. Re: New GeForce Drivers and DOOM VFR Specs Dec 1, 2017, 00:12 Primalchrome

I'm not buying it for my Vive....and am very glad I didn't succumb to a preorder sale. I've read that it's only 2 hours of content. While that might be incorrect, I'd rather wait until a few days after release and check out a nice assortment of reviews before I plunk down hard cash on it.

News Comments > AMD Driver Rebranding
2. Re: AMD Driver Rebranding Nov 30, 2017, 10:58 Primalchrome

Those cats in marketing have to justify their salaries in some manner...  

News Comments > New Steam CCU Record
15. Re: New Steam CCU Record Nov 27, 2017, 15:30 Primalchrome

Whatever gets you to sleep at night, man.... I guess the high ranked streamers that don't get wiped in 50% of their games by hackers are just git-gud-n00bs too...

(edit : Yes, there are a lot of hackers and it is a major problem for PUBG. I'm sick of all the whining and hyperbole being used as a bullshit excuse for all a player's deaths.)

This comment was edited on Nov 27, 2017, 15:55.

News Comments > New Steam CCU Record
13. Re: Cheating galore Nov 27, 2017, 10:16 Primalchrome

Jagacademy wrote on Nov 26, 2017, 15:46:
PUBG has a massive cheating problem, to an extent I've never seen in any game I've ever played. Got squad wiped by hackers in 9 of my 21 games yesterday.
Flip side is that I've only ever seen a few hackers in 300+ hours of playtime. Kind of like some of the streamers screaming about stream snipers, I think a number of the "hax!" complaints are just deaths.

Hell, I'm a reflex challenged old man and I solo killed two four man squads in close combat this past weekend. No hacks...just piss poor situational awareness by their four man.

(edit : And I realize that so many of the 'get off my lawn' gamers want to look at the past with rose colored glasses....but that's not the way I remember it. I remember CounterStrike servers rife with *real* speed/wall/aimbot hacks back in the day. Half the servers you would get on would either have a hacker or had an active admin wasting his playtime banning them.)

News Comments > Loot Boxes Under Fire
9. Re: Loot Boxes Under Fire Nov 22, 2017, 11:57 Primalchrome

jdreyer wrote on Nov 22, 2017, 11:48:
The point is that young people lack the control structures to resist these gameplay mechanics, and create neural pathways that can lead to a lifetime of habit-forming behaviors. This is especially true in free-to-play games where parents have much less control.
Yeah...this is the key. I don't have a problem with loot boxes in general...but it's geared to target the most susceptible gamers that are lacking in impulse control. Kids.

My stance on all this has slowly changed as it has become more apparent that this is intentional and the bigger game companies sink serious resources into what are essentially psy-ops to make microtrancactions as sticky and addictive as possible. Again, with their primary targets being kids.

News Comments > Golden Joystick Winners
28. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 20, 2017, 09:44 Primalchrome

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 19, 2017, 21:58:
Did you play Horizon Zero Dawn?
That was my first question when I read that post. Laugh.
Story wise I'd say it rates in my top 5 games, the combat was very solid, the engine was gorgeous, and I had no clue it was Ashley voicing Aloy until I looked it up, it was that good.
When I read this, I was shocked that Ashley Johnson did the voice....then I looked up the credits. Ohhhhhhh, the other Ashly.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 20, 2017, 09:39 Primalchrome

Muscular Beaver wrote on Nov 19, 2017, 20:39:
Holy shit... So many cheaters now and the lag issues arent fixed either...
How is this so successful?
By 'lag' do you mean performance of your machine? It is *far* from optimized, but if you have a decent machine you should have fair performance. If you're running a lower end rig....it can be pretty rough. As for the cheaters, it's worse if you play during the 'Chinese evening'. That said....I have a few hundred hours in the game and have only ever run across a handful of actual cheaters using hacks. A lot of people howl about hax just because of situational awareness or better gunplay...

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Launches
29. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Launches Nov 17, 2017, 14:45 Primalchrome

You know...I'm OK with free-to-play with microtransactions when it's handled reasonably. I'm OK with free-to-play grinds...when handled reasonably. Here we have a AAA priced game...with performance microtransactions..and hardcore grinds...... I'm shocked/disgusted and noping the fuck out.

Oh...wait...it's EA. No surprises there. I have no clue why people continue to buy EA products and use Origin.

Edit : Guaranteed that EA is not taking the market out for the consumer...it's a PR move to get past the first week or two sales and make their initial bundle of cash.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 1, 2017, 19:49 Primalchrome

Awesome SuperGunnar pic!  

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Free Content
8. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Free Content Oct 26, 2017, 18:04 Primalchrome

As has been stated multiple times, the Blood and Gore was aimed at playing the marketing game with the ESRB....and I think there was also a reason to keep it under the censorship radar of a couple of non-NA government bodies. That said, it would have been more genuine if it had been a $0.99 DLC. And it would have also been nice if their "free" DLC could be simply downloaded instead of having to join their site and jump through hoops like a monkey.  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 25, 2017, 17:49 Primalchrome

Sweet mother. Please do some research before paying attention to some of this witchdoctor crackpottery. BenGay....for an odd epidermal sensation....that does nothing for musculature/joints. Muscle relaxants....that are just sedatives....that do nothing directly benefiting musculature/joints. Chiropractors....which other than the working of joints and slight massage....do nothing for your body that you can't get from manual exertion....it's practically homeopathy.

NSAIDs for inflammation. Heat/cold for circulation. Exercise, massage, and manual joint manipulation to help with stiffness and building up protection against another incident. Yeah, NSAIDs are bad in big doses for more than a couple of weeks....which is why you use that time to heal and rebuild.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 25, 2017, 10:27 Primalchrome

As one of those many, hope you heal up soon. Stretches and exercise have gone a long way toward keeping my back in good shape. Just can't slack on it...  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2017, 10:54 Primalchrome

LOL. Our weimaraner learned early on that the fastest place to get anywhere was across Mom's lap. While it was cute at 5 pounds....it was an ordeal at 85.  

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Oct 19, 2017, 10:46 Primalchrome

Clickbait.

No different than,"PC GAMING IS DYING, CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT WHY!" or "2017, THE YEAR OF LINUX ON THE DESKTOP!"

News Comments > Dead Space 2 Selling 4M "Wasn't Enough"
6. Re: Dead Space 2 Selling 4M Oct 18, 2017, 11:40 Primalchrome

Verno wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 10:09:
I still see plenty of room there for profit.

With revenue of 240M and fixed costs of 60M, you only have to cover your variable unit costs and variable marketing. I find it hard to believe it was 120M in variable costs alone.
....not sure where you're getting $240M. They sold 4 million copies total. It released at ~$60...and later went on sale. The game probably generated $180M at best. So after 30% for retail/distro/steam you're at about $125M. Zach estimates $60M in marketing....so you're down to $66M. Development was $60M.....so now you're looking at $6M in profit at best... With unexpected costs beyond that it probably only brought in a few mil in profit.

A 2% return isn't really all that impressive.....but its still in the black and has franchise IP that has value.

News Comments > Op Ed
26. Re: Op Ed Oct 16, 2017, 16:47 Primalchrome

Verno wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 14:13:
No, for those that don't think is gambling I have a crate to sell you. To obtain the crate, you'll need to buy 500 Vernobux.
Nicely played, sir.

News Comments > CD Projekt RED on Cyberpunk 2077 Progress and Employee Dissent
1. Re: CD Projekt RED on Cyberpunk 2077 Progress and Employee Dissent Oct 16, 2017, 10:33 Primalchrome

Just 18 more months.....  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2017, 10:27 Primalchrome

Broken collar bone. Sums my season up. Sigh.  

444 Comments. 23 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo