Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Tessier Ashpoole

Real Name Tessier Ashpoole   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Primalchrome
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2011, 18:32
Total Comments 618 (Apprentice)
User ID 56308

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Concludes With Giveaway
14. Re: Steam Summer Sale Concludes With Giveaway Jul 9, 2019, 16:17 Primalchrome

roguebanshee wrote on Jul 9, 2019, 15:47:
The comments about the wishlist being spyware is just CJ going all-out tinfoil.

Valve does not need such a list to make decisions what and how they need to market to their users, they have all the data they need for that from the playtimes of your games, the playtimes of games played by those on your friends list and the games you browse in the store.
While it is true that the Wishlist is another data point....anyone that has even the slightest concern about that information shouldn't be using Steam or the internet in the first place. You give up massive amounts of generic data points just to reach the wishlist...let alone populate it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Redesign Shown
21. Re: Steam Redesign Shown Jun 13, 2019, 10:45 Primalchrome

I'd really like to see just about all the storefronts/library/launchers spend some real money on solid UI and backend design. Steam isn't alone on this one....but they are the most guilty. Again, I blame it on their silly managerial model. You gotta have *someone* who makes other employees take out the trash.

News Comments > Gloomhaven Early Access Next Month
1. Re: Gloomhaven Early Access Next Month Jun 13, 2019, 10:41 Primalchrome

After months of reading all the hype, I bought Gloomhaven (boardgame) and gave it a rip. It was...interesting....but nothing like the hype. Everyone says it's a dungeon crawler with RPG advancement mechanics. It's actually a euro-resource management game in the form of cards. I can see how a videogame can take a significant part of the tedium out of the game....but I'm not sure if the core resource management will appeal to the modern video game crowd.

(That said, I'm planning on giving the BG a try again later this summer. Hopefully there is some aspect of it that can still sink a hook in my jaw.)

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Date
15. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Date Jun 9, 2019, 21:55 Primalchrome

Reeves was also in Johnny Mnenonic before the Matrix....which has much more distinguished OG Cyberpunk roots.  

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Next Year?
3. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Next Year? Jun 3, 2019, 11:00 Primalchrome

A Christmas 2020 release may be a real possibility. From their prior statements, I'm not sure why anyone would have thought 2019 was on the roadmap.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 3, 2019, 10:58 Primalchrome

Wow....that kind of unsure footing doesn't really lend itself to a stress free moving experience. Good luck to you guys!

It's going to be interesting how SpaceX gets around the propellant manufacturing, let alone the energy requirements. I wonder if they will have seeding missions prior to the manned missions for material and facilities. Imagine landing to find an automated factory already chugging away.

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 31, 2019, 13:04 Primalchrome

“God rest the souls of that poor family…and pussy’s half price for the next 15 minutes!” – Al Swearengen

Such a wild ride of a show. The characters were the magic moreso than the plot itself. Wish I'd gone back and watched all the episodes fresh before tonight.

News Comments > Deep Diving Simulator Released
2. Re: Deep Diving Simulator Released May 30, 2019, 15:21 Primalchrome

Subnautica's VR is kind of bolt on but still very impressive. I'd love to see more exploration type games with it built in from the initial design.  

News Comments > WHO Recognizes "Gaming Disorder"
23. Re: WHO Recognizes May 27, 2019, 11:25 Primalchrome

I'm not sure why some brilliant academic hasn't simply listed "Addiction" and left it as that. With the target behavior being "something the afflicted person derives pleasure or escape from to such a degree that it has a significant negative impact on their life as a whole." It's not gaming or television or drugs or sex.....it's just addiction with a wide spectrum of flavors. (each of which is distinctly different)  

News Comments > GOG Galaxy Version 2.0 Beta
14. Re: GOG Galaxy Version 2.0 Beta May 23, 2019, 17:30 Primalchrome

ldonyo wrote on May 23, 2019, 13:05:
Someone missed their yoga class this morning...
He's just trolling. Anyone who had read the article or has dealt with any of the other client tie-ins knows you have to go through a linking process.

News Comments > GOG Galaxy Version 2.0 Beta
5. Re: GOG Galaxy Version 2.0 Beta May 22, 2019, 23:54 Primalchrome

The Achievements/Time Played is another interesting bit that they're adding in just for consolidation of stats if you're into that sort of thing.

I think Discord has pretty much cornered the current market on friend's list and 'what are they playing', though. Not sure if GoG has enough reach to unseat them there.

News Comments > George R.R. Martin Confirms Game Consultation
17. Re: George R.R. Martin Confirms Game Consultation May 22, 2019, 00:02 Primalchrome

Flatline wrote on May 21, 2019, 19:48:
...Jordan was getting sick and also realized that he spent a thousand pages going over the same week of time from the last 100 pages of Winter's Heart from all the other different points of view. At least, that's what it felt like. And I think that's when he was like "crap, I have to get this out".
Jordan needed one thing : a draconian editor. Not an editor that happened to also be his wife pandering to his petulance. When his success took off, he became horrifically self indulgent and the 'writing by the pound' meme was born.

Steven Erikson has proven that epic fantasy can have massive numbers of plotlines resolved in engaging and creative ways. His character list for one main plotline is akin to Jordan or Martin's entire series.

News Comments > George R.R. Martin Confirms Game Consultation
5. Re: George R.R. Martin Confirms Game Consultation May 21, 2019, 12:08 Primalchrome

Martin has been putting out some good stuff for decades...his Wild Cards universe was excellent at capturing shades of gray. That said, I wish he had a bit better hold on his muse. Hopefully the next From title will be a more true DS-style game rather than a rock/paper/scissors like Sekiro.  

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Pulled from Epic Mega Sale
44. Re: Borderlands 3 Pulled from Epic Mega Sale May 21, 2019, 00:11 Primalchrome

Kxmode wrote on May 20, 2019, 19:16:
You're deflecting. ... But don't throw in borderline racist trash. If you still don't get the point then I'll be sure to block you, or you can block me (I don't care either way).
I can assure you that I understand how you can try to interpret a common gamer stereotype as racist. "Fat old <insert color here> guy" is a hyperbolic phrase I regularly use to describe myself, particularly when talking to my kids or their friends. My use of it was nothing more than daily vernacular to me...but I'll try to be more offended when I call myself that in the future. In the spirit of not feeding actual racism or outrage culture, you're right and I'll be more careful with my comments. What I should have posted was "LOL. So you sum up about 10 issues with Epic/EGS to 'angry old curmudgeons in their mom's basement don't want another icon'. Brilliant." I'm genuinely aghast that someone would try to read a racist tone into something I said.

I get the point...I'm not deflecting anything. I'm not trying to be funny. I'm merely pointing out the hypocrisy in the situation.

...regardless, I am truly sorry if it communicated racist tones to anyone.

6. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2019, 11:43 Primalchrome

Very disappointed with GoT over the last two seasons. D&D have proven that they need a great deal of handholding on the back end to make good product. Whereas some of the character realizations this season were telegraphed since season one (Dany), others developed nicely (Sansa), many only made sense if you looked at them sideways (Arya), and finally there were a handful of writing failures (Tyrion, Bran, etc...)

The big question is whether Ian McElhinney (Barristan Selmy) was trolling the crowd when he said that GRRM was pretty much done with *all* the books, but was contractually obligated to wait until after the HBO series completed to release them.

41. Re: Borderlands 3 Pulled from Epic Mega Sale May 20, 2019, 11:15 Primalchrome

Kxmode wrote on May 19, 2019, 21:22:
ENOUGH with the stereotyping and borderline racism! If you want to make a point, make it. But don't throw in "fat old white guys." That's spitefully ignorant BS.
I'll try to use small words... I was pointing out just how asinine it was for him to take a list of excellent reasons to question EGS and try to reduce them to 'scared old ball sacks and their icons'. If sarcasm to point out idiocy triggers you, I guess you're one of the folks that feels the need to picket comedians on college campuses? Why the devil didn't you feel the need to cry and scream ageism or sexism with the first post if you're that concerned with social mores?

26. removed May 19, 2019, 14:04 Primalchrome

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on May 20, 2019, 07:37.

7. Re: Borderlands 3 Pulled from Epic Mega Sale May 18, 2019, 15:06 Primalchrome

RedEye9 wrote on May 18, 2019, 14:05:
EGS hate bash party because EPIC did X where X this time is discounted a game too much.
So, enlighten me.... Are you an Epic fanboi, or just hate Gabe/Steam? Your constant trolling for the lolz every time Epic fucks something up is very confusing. Usually you're happy to take potshots at idiotic corporations regardless of who they are....

News Comments > Trine 4 Trailer
3. Re: Trine 4 Trailer May 15, 2019, 09:47 Primalchrome

Really glad to see these guys going strong. Wish more studios made fun co-ops.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue May 13, 2019, 13:25 Primalchrome

Steele Johnson wrote on May 13, 2019, 12:28:
No one ever likes the final season/finale of any tv show.
I thought everyone like how St. Elsewhere ended?

618 Comments. 31 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo