Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Tessier Ashpoole

Real Name Tessier Ashpoole   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Primalchrome
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2011, 18:32
Total Comments 681 (Apprentice)
User ID 56308

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

General Discussion > Game of the Year 2019

4. Re: Game of the Year 2019 Jan 3, 2020, 15:43 Primalchrome

Would World of Warcraft Classic count? >wink<  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > CD PROJEKT and Witcher Author Settle

42. Re: CD PROJEKT and Witcher Author Settle Dec 21, 2019, 19:08 Primalchrome

jdreyer wrote on Dec 21, 2019, 17:25:
For sure. I just wanted to push back on anyone who thought such a law was silly or useless.
Yeah, a law like this could be written in a very fair fashion and would help level the playing field for a lot of creators/inventors/small businessfolk.

News Comments > TIME's Top 10 Games of the 2010s

35. Re: Portal 2 FTW Dec 21, 2019, 19:04 Primalchrome

Ozmodan wrote on Dec 21, 2019, 07:10:
As to the list, I also have no clue why Dark Souls is on there, the Witcher owned Dark Souls many times over.
I'm genuinely curious why people think that these two games are different aspects of the same genre. The Witcher 3 is a great RPG that pre-patch, had janky combat.... Post patch, it's probably the best RPG story this decade.

Dark Souls is a precise combat game with massive amounts of lore hidden in conversations and item descriptions. Quite frankly, its map design alone is a work of art that isn't rivaled by any video game ever made.

Both are top tier games, but.... They are two totally different animals, Dark Souls broke the mold while TW3 was just a better version of something we've had all along.

News Comments > Get SUPERHOT for Free

8. Re: Get SUPERHOT for Free Dec 21, 2019, 18:49 Primalchrome

This game is particularly good in VR if any of you get a chance to try it.  

News Comments > PUBG Often Bans Over 100K Cheaters a Week

28. Re: PUBG Often Bans Over 100K Cheaters a Week Dec 21, 2019, 18:48 Primalchrome

wrlwnd wrote on Dec 21, 2019, 11:09:
Today I see all these great MP games that aren't selling well, because cheating.
That's odd....because almost every statistic that's published indicates PC muliplayer games are consistently top sellers.

7. Re: TIME's Top 10 Games of the 2010s Dec 20, 2019, 22:06 Primalchrome

afka Rossini wrote on Dec 20, 2019, 20:04:
I've never played it, but I've always had the impression Fortnite is the game that brought the Battle Royale genre to the masses.
Oh, agreed. I was just going by the article :
"some artists broke free of the business side and produced works of astounding beauty on par with any prestige television show."
I guess I just never felt like there was anything impressive about Fortnite from an artistic standpoint. It was a game that was adapted to BR and made free to the public...hence it's market penetration.

12. Re: CD PROJEKT and Witcher Author Settle Dec 20, 2019, 22:03 Primalchrome

Creston wrote on Dec 20, 2019, 21:52:
All in all I think they did a great job so far, 3 episodes in.
Hey Creston...I'm only one episode in... Did you have issues with the sound quality? There were a number of conversations in the first episode that I had trouble tracking. Not the dialogue itself....but more how crisp it was recorded/played.

11. Re: CD PROJEKT and Witcher Author Settle Dec 20, 2019, 21:59 Primalchrome

Task wrote on Dec 20, 2019, 20:54:
Eh what's up with the Andrzej is a dick mentatlity, it's like a bad meme at this point. It's his work and universe.
Dunno if you've read the books or not? Here's kind of the breakdown :
1. the Books are fair but not good...but the worldbuilding is pretty interesting
2. the Witcher games really brought the world/characters to life...in the book, they are cardboard props in a storyline
3. when they tried to buy the rights, they offered percentage royalties, but Andrzej told them to fuck off and give him money up front because video games are trash and wouldn't make any money. (then mocked them for paying the amount they did)
4. after getting his up front cash and seeing a significant uptick in book sales due to the video games, he continued bashing the video games
5. due to Polish law allowing for retroactive deal negotiations in the interest of 'fairness', Andrzej filed for an obscene 'adjustment' to his initial cash payment

So it's not just one thing....it's a long series of trashy things he's done that's earned him the reputation.

1. Re: TIME's Top 10 Games of the 2010s Dec 20, 2019, 19:32 Primalchrome

I can get behind about half of those picks... Fortnite and LoZ:BotW probably shouldn't be on there, though...  

1. Re: CD PROJEKT and Witcher Author Settle Dec 20, 2019, 19:27 Primalchrome

Hopefully it will be profitable for all parties.....

Sapkowski is still an utter ass.

19. Re: PUBG Often Bans Over 100K Cheaters a Week Dec 20, 2019, 17:36 Primalchrome

JohnBirshire wrote on Dec 20, 2019, 16:56:
Where are all the "I hAvE pLaYeD 500 hOurS aNd HaVe Nev3r evEN saw a chetard!" folk that always used to show up in these comments to defend the game?
I have 408 hours in it (haven't played since Oct'18). Saw a handful of cheaters....but I'm well aware that I was playing at the time of day that China has the least traffic. That doesn't change the fact that at the time the people howling about every death being by hacks was laughable.

The cheating was starting to really ramp up in late 2018...so it wouldn't surprise me that it is at such a high level now.

15. Re: PUBG Often Bans Over 100K Cheaters a Week Dec 20, 2019, 16:54 Primalchrome

Cutter wrote on Dec 20, 2019, 12:29:
Wtf happened? I don't recall anyone ever cheating back in the Quake and UT days. .... Now? It just seems like you have to cheat to "compete".

....something that's only happened more recently with millennials and their sense of entitlement. ...
Rose colored glasses? Revisionist history? The Good Old Days?

This has to be one of the silliest things I've read all day. There were hacks before there was multiplayer. There were hacks when you had to direct dial (but luckily accountability). There were hacks when you had to use WinSock to get on the internet. There are hacks today.

Hell, the worst hacking I ever remember were the speedhacks and shotty hacks from the Counter Strike mod. We used WinNuke at LAN parties to knock the best Quake player off the server and reset his score as a joke in 1996!

Sweet mother. Has anyone forgotten when ASUS cards had wallhacks BUILT IN?!?!?!? And you're going to piss and moan about MILLENNIALs? Talk about locking into tunnelvision while ignoring facts and history.

News Comments > Steam Winter Sale Underway

9. Re: Steam Winter Sale Underway Dec 19, 2019, 17:56 Primalchrome

"Steam servers are crawling!"
"Steam sales suck now."
"I hate they got rid of Flash sales!"
"Too many games in my backlog!"
"Nothing good is on sale."
"Gaben is stealing money from publishers!"
"G2a has it cheaper."
"RIP my wallet."

Mmm....Hopefully this covers most of the drivel that crops up when a Steam sale is announced.

News Comments > Epic Games Store Wishlist and Review Plans

1. Re: Epic Games Store Wishlist and Review Plans Dec 19, 2019, 11:07 Primalchrome

That Yugo with the 8 track is startin' to look real good!  

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Launch Trailer

4. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Launch Trailer Dec 5, 2019, 11:33 Primalchrome

Best footage they've released so far.....but no cockpit views. Due to PGI's track record and the fact that it's EGS exclusive, I look forward to seeing what the state of the game is when it releases on Steam.  

News Comments > Riot Settles Gender Discrimination Suit

38. Re: Riot Settles Gender Discrimination Suit Dec 3, 2019, 17:12 Primalchrome

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 3, 2019, 08:07:
Who got alluded, I'd pay good money to see that.
"I'd buy that for a dollar!"

News Comments > Steam Top 10

16. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 2, 2019, 11:03 Primalchrome

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 1, 2019, 20:35:
Same here, and considering I wanted one to have a replacement in case mine fails and makes steamlink unusable and they didn't offer one to previous owners to begin with this just.. just.. just.. wow.

Never again.
Company (just like most) discontinues production of a unit after five years of low sales and numerous 50%+ off sales. End user complains that totally unrelated product will now suddenly become unusable.

I don't understand.

News Comments > R.I.P.: Steam Controller

20. Re: R.I.P.: Steam Controller Nov 27, 2019, 10:05 Primalchrome

I've had a Steam Controller for a year or two... The customization is amazing....but so daunting that I'm not sure it's worth it. The layout is odd...but functional. The trackpads and gyro are fantastic and this is the only place where it shines. It's the only controller I've ever run across that you can play a first person game and it feel natural when you grow accustomed to the inputs.

All that said......since Steam already does fantastic controller integration, I pretty much only use a DualShock 4 from my PS4 for games. (edit : only for games best suited to a controller...Bastion, Dark Souls, etc..)

This comment was edited on Nov 27, 2019, 10:17.

News Comments > Steam Bans Almost 1000 Titles

8. Re: Steam Bans Almost 1000 Titles Nov 26, 2019, 14:57 Primalchrome

Frankly, it should be more than $100....just to submit it for review. That $100 pays for a few hours of time for an employee to vet the dev and app. Couple that process with a clear set of guidelines that allow *any* submission to be removed at *any* time and they'd probably be OK. That would keep people from patching in spyware after the initial acceptance.  

News Comments > Steam Bans Almost 1000 Titles

2. Re: Steam Bans Almost 1000 Titles Nov 26, 2019, 11:35 Primalchrome

I think this proves that the 'taking any comers' approach does not work. They need to go back to qualifying anything listed. It sucks that so many shitheels out there take advantage of a program meant to help Indie devs get exposure.  

681 Comments. 35 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >