Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tessier Ashpoole

Real Name Tessier Ashpoole   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Primalchrome
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2011, 18:32
Total Comments 312 (Amateur)
User ID 56308

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Rimworld Steam Key Fraud Halted
23. Re: Rimworld Steam Key Fraud Halted Jul 18, 2016, 16:37 Primalchrome

Darks wrote on Jul 18, 2016, 13:51:
Valve is so supposed to do their due diligence by going in and revoking those keys that have been reported as stolen. This is almost entirely Valve not doing their jobs.

Is anyone really surprised about this? Valve barley does anything but collect money and could give a rats ass about supporting us customers.
(rolling eyes) Typical half-baked Darks foot stomping. For someone that claims to be so 'in the know' when it comes to devs and business, you don't even understand what a chargeback from a CC company entails.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > RimWorld Early Access
11. Re: RimWorld Early Access Jul 16, 2016, 14:13 Primalchrome

Tachikoma wrote on Jul 16, 2016, 05:03:
It is also a proof that all you need is a quality product to be successful. This game cost 30 bucks from beginning, was never on sale or Steam - which some say is the only way to make it in the indie world. Not true, since they shifted ~100K copies just through little exposure they had after Kickstarter.
I think Tynan has created a great product...and was lucky that he released it during a time that he could get amazing exposure through streamers on Twitch. Cohh Carnage has streamed this game off and on over the past couple years... It is a whole new model on marketing and grass roots approaches...

News Comments > Rick and Morty VR Announced
2. Re: Rick and Morty VR Announced Jul 15, 2016, 17:44 Primalchrome

Pr()ZaC wrote on Jul 15, 2016, 17:10:
*belches*
Laugh. Beat me to it.

News Comments > RimWorld Early Access
1. Re: RimWorld Early Access Jul 15, 2016, 17:40 Primalchrome

This is a really fun indie title. Glad to see it finally make it to Steam.

I dunno how many games out there allow you to leverage a Sociopath into a medical field....and then use him to harvest organs from prisoners to heal other colonists.

News Comments > Orcs Must Die! Unchained Adds Hero
2. Re: Orcs Must Die! Unchained Adds Hero Jul 13, 2016, 20:18 Primalchrome

Phffft. I hope they go bankrupt. Releasing OMD2 was an insult to everyone that bought OMD. This is even worse. The first two games should have had all the content under a single title.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 9, 2016, 18:50 Primalchrome

Two thumbs up, Blue.  

News Comments > Windows Gaming Survey
5. Re: Windows Gaming Survey Jul 8, 2016, 20:58 Primalchrome

I was disappointed that they tried to keep the word association game positive. I really had to dig to find something positive to check about Razer, Xbox, and Microsoft.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 6, 2016, 11:15 Primalchrome

Thanks for such a great site, Blue.

Earlier this year I ran across an old text document that had a long list of URLs including Blues. It was dated around 2000-2002.

News Comments > CS: GO Gambling Scam
35. Re: CS: GO Gambling Scam Jul 5, 2016, 15:17 Primalchrome

Endo wrote on Jul 5, 2016, 13:09:
I really wanted to get upset too at Valve for their part in this. But then I realized, you know what, their part in this really is no different than collectible trading cards kids have been buying for decades. And I'm sure there were even kids who gambled with them.
Exactly. Anyone that ever collected baseball cards as a kid was doing the exact same thing. The outrage in this thread directed toward Gabe/Valve is just the same laughable bullshit that comes up in any thread that involves them.

News Comments > CS: GO Gambling Scam
29. Re: Buying digital skins has never been PHUNNER. Jul 5, 2016, 09:40 Primalchrome

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 5, 2016, 04:19:
To be fair, it's really not their problem if kids are gambling online, in any form. That's an issue with parenting in the home.
I'm not sure if you read anything about this situation.... It *is* their problem. They are marketing a product to their target demographic....kids. It's no different than using Bugs Bunny to sell Wild Turkey to kids over the internet when you know there is no way to confirm ID. On top of that, they are pushing a site that they have a stake in with zero transparency. It is morally reprehensible and there are legal ramifications.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2016, 11:00 Primalchrome

16 years is pretty damn respectable. Might want to hit up a local dealer about warranty on parts. A *good* chair is something everyone that games or works at a desk should invest in. $700 over the course of a decade is a pittance for the aches, pains, and damage cheap chairs are responsible for.  

40. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2016, 11:07 Primalchrome

Nucas wrote on Jun 27, 2016, 12:00:
pretty funny that robert jordan was the biggest name in fantasy when GRRM was trying to get his footing and a song of ice and fire hit the mainstream.
I loved the first few Jordan books....but the success all went to his head. He started writing drivel by the pound and becoming the living incarnation of petulance. Whereas GoT should get multiple seasons per book, Jordan's works could be easily boiled down to multiple books per season. So many wasted pages on minutae and loose threads....

News Comments > Anarchy Online Turns 15
24. Re: Anarchy Online Turns 15 Jun 28, 2016, 10:55 Primalchrome

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jun 27, 2016, 15:05:
Posted this over a year ago, it might have been a bit harsh at the time. Anyone care to comment why you think the game was so good? I only played for the first like 3-4 months after release but my memory of the game wasn't a good one.
I'm right there with you. Played at launch. Horrific experience. Played for a few months after launch. Boring. I was able to read a book while doing missions with my toon because it was so formulaic....just cycle through my keys while reading until it was over.

News Comments > Dead Rising 4 Win10 Exclusivity is 90 Days
40. Re: Dead Rising 4 Win10 Exclusivity is 90 Days Jun 17, 2016, 19:39 Primalchrome

HoSpanky wrote on Jun 17, 2016, 15:38:
I really don't understand all the win10 hatred, aside from the overblown "they're spying on us!" shit
Sigh. It's not "shit". There are plenty of valid reasons to detest it.
- Stealth/forced upgrade
- rampant spyware
- forced updates
- horrific UI
- hardware incompatibility
- software incompatibility
- lack of support from third parties
Any one of these is a reasonable qualifier for it, or at least Microsoft, to be hated. Honestly, I don't have a clue what the hell MS has been doing for the last 8 years. So many of their decisions have been "piss as many of our consumers off as possible". Look at what they've done with their desktop OS, their licensing, the massive changes to Exchange server, forcing broken upgrades...etc...etc...

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2016, 17:28 Primalchrome

"His Momma call him Clay. Imma call him Clay."  

News Comments > Zombicide Released for Tabletop Simulator
1. Re: Zombicide Released for Tabletop Simulator Jun 4, 2016, 17:27 Primalchrome

May have to pick this up. I've enjoyed Battletech on TTS and would like to try a more traditional boardgame.  

News Comments > Competitive Overwatch Delayed; Balance Changes Discussed
29. Re: Competitive Overwatch Delayed; Balance Changes Discussed Jun 1, 2016, 18:35 Primalchrome

justice7 wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 12:49:
You're also incorrect, the game plays wonderfully on the console. PC vs Console on Overwatch is entirely subjective. I have played it on PC and Xbox One and I happen to prefer the One's closed environment and level playing field.

I could keep going, just wanted to prove you very wrong. ;p
...I don't think your post proved anything except sharing an opinion that you prefer a lesser experience that is foisted on all players. Which is fine....but hardly firm ground to stand on. The hard truth is that both platforms have their strengths....which is something I'll happily state on whatever-centric site I'm on. Party games or just plain fun group games are always better on consoles. If you were talking about a 3rd person shooter or adventure game...I'll grant you that they are designed for gamepads/controllers (which I have for my PC as well). FPS, MOBA, RTS, etc....for the most part are always better experiences with KB&M. Graphics/sound/loadtimes are almost always beaten by PC unless you're looking at a port that was gimped.

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Sales Record
2. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Sales Record May 27, 2016, 22:21 Primalchrome

I wonder if this sends any kind of message to Games Workshop about what they did with Age of Sigmar...  

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Total War: WARHAMMER
3. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Total War: WARHAMMER May 24, 2016, 11:53 Primalchrome

Denuvo DRM. The Devs say that it is the least invasive form....but will still protect the .exe's from being altered. Lots of handwaving and screeching from Chicken Littles, though....  

News Comments > Overwatch Open Beta Overtime
26. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Overtime May 9, 2016, 13:16 Primalchrome

Xokerat wrote on May 9, 2016, 02:38:
The heroes are all very bland and boring and each round takes way too long to slog through judging by the 10 or so games I have painfully forced my self to go through.

It just fails on all fronts in my view.
It takes far too long to kill minions and the damage you do with your specials even at level 10 is pathetic when considering player health pools.
So Overwatch is a TF2 ripoff.....and Battleborn is a Monday Night Combat ripoff. Laugh.

312 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo