Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tessier Ashpoole

Real Name Tessier Ashpoole   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Primalchrome
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2011, 18:32
Total Comments 530 (Apprentice)
User ID 56308

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 11, 2018, 12:54 Primalchrome

Why is homeopathy even discussed in any journals? The 'experiments' are never comprehensive and always either use janky methodologies or poor reporting. There really should be a threshold of quality that is required for this sort of thing....  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2018, 10:36 Primalchrome

Justification for ridiculous behavior seems like more and more the norm...  

News Comments > StarCraft II Plans Balance Changes and TotalBiscuit Commemorative Pack
1. Re: StarCraft II Plans Balance Changes and TotalBiscuit Commemorative Pack Sep 10, 2018, 11:19 Primalchrome

Really tough luck to find out that Genna has been dealing with cancer for the last year as well...while watching her husband die from it. Lucky for the kids that she has a good chance of survival.  

News Comments > Left Alive Delayed
1. Re: Left Alive Delayed Sep 10, 2018, 11:18 Primalchrome

but now they say not to expect this sometime in 2019
Heyyyyy....

News Comments > Subnautica: Below Zero Revealed
3. Re: Subnautica: Below Zero Revealed Aug 30, 2018, 11:23 Primalchrome

Haven't visited the site, but I hope that they're going to step up their VR integration as well. Subnautica was fantastic because of the detail in the environment. The physics, sounds, flora and fauna were vibrant and brought a deep feeling to the gameplay.

....not sure they can recreate that on an ice world, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

News Comments > Riot Commits to Change
22. Re: Riot Commits to Change Aug 29, 2018, 21:11 Primalchrome

It almost gives the impression that some of these lumberjacks didn't read the article and haven't been following the issue over the last week.....we should all be shocked and stunned. While some of the reactions are silly and over the top regarding joking done between co-workers, there was obviously a lot more going on below the surface. The requirement that you be an enthusiastic part of 'riot culture' as part of the hiring process, the way some of the female employees were treated, the way some of the losers would try to leverage their position for hook-ups.....all massive red flags. One would hope that they would fix the issues and not do the exaggerated pendulum swing to the polar opposite.  

News Comments > GOG.com Extending No Man's Sky Refunds
28. Re: GOG.com Extending No Man's Sky Refunds Jul 26, 2018, 15:45 Primalchrome

I'm not sure if sticking with the game to try to recapture profits fully makes up for what they did leading up to (and at) launch. Then doing something similar by hyping multiplayer but not being very transparent about how some of the playerbase wouldn't have access. You'd think there was a lesson to be learned and they failed to do so....  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 20, 2018, 12:41 Primalchrome

Here's hoping that the hype for Glass pays off....  

News Comments > Steam Ban Spree
6. Re: Steam Ban Spree Jul 20, 2018, 12:39 Primalchrome

LOL.....and I remember hearing the same people howl over and over about 'cheaters are everywhere' every time they get killed. (particularly some narcissistic streamers) Some people can't accept that they're not infallible.... There are plenty of cheaters in Steam games, but that doesn't mean that every time you get killed it was because of one.

VAC bans do need oversight. There have been plenty of instances where mods and secondary applications have been labeled as cheats with no notice or formal warning. Or even folks wanting to play with cheats on private servers... Sometimes it can be hard to find the fair middle....but anyone using wallhacks/aimbots in competitive/league multiplayer deserve outright bans.

News Comments > Onward Free Weekend
1. Re: Onward Free Weekend Jul 20, 2018, 12:32 Primalchrome

After 3D printing a gunstock for my Vive controllers, I really want to pick this up. My only concern is not being able to overcome VR sickness for the locomotion...  

News Comments > IDGA Urges Social Media Guidelines After ArenaNet Firings
8. Re: IDGA Urges Social Media Guidelines After ArenaNet Firings Jul 10, 2018, 12:28 Primalchrome

Beamer wrote on Jul 10, 2018, 12:08:
Anita says mostly mild things, it's just people seem so desperate to be offended by her that they twist it as much as they can to seem ludicrous.
I'll be the first to admit that she has some really great points and that I agreed with alot of the content in her videos....but she always feels the need to take it a few steps beyond reason. I realize that she's playing to an audience of outrage culture and maybe has to do this to get her requisite clicks, but that doesn't mean that I have to respect it. Maybe I should have used Jenny McCarthy as the other side of the spectrum.

Prez wrote:
There's no one to fire Ted Nugent or Anita Sarkeesian as they are not employees of any corporate entity.
Yeah, good point. But they're still getting their paychecks funded by people... Which, I guess it's a forlorn wish that consumers spent their money on more rational spokespeople.

News Comments > IDGA Urges Social Media Guidelines After ArenaNet Firings
4. Re: IDGA Urges Social Media Guidelines After ArenaNet Firings Jul 10, 2018, 11:52 Primalchrome

The firing of Jessica Price doesn't really surprise me....because she had made MANY tasteless and inflammatory posts in the past. That said....anyone posting insane crap (left or right) on social media under their real name probably should be fired. Doesn't matter if you're a dev, attorney, tech, or DMV receptionist. Free speech doesn't mean there aren't repercussions to being a closeminded dirtbag.

That said, somehow you have looneys like Ted Nugent and Anita Sarkeesian and they manage to make a living...

News Comments > New Twitch Prime Freebies
1. Re: New Twitch Prime Freebies Jul 3, 2018, 12:27 Primalchrome

It's worth noting that you have to log into the web version of Twitch to claim the game. Then you can install/play through the Twitch client.  

News Comments > XENONAUTS 2 Kickstarter and Alpha Combat Demo
4. Re: XENONAUTS 2 Kickstarter and Alpha Combat Demo Jun 21, 2018, 11:34 Primalchrome

Great series and a dev with a fair track record. Worth the risk of dropping cash on this Kickstarter.  

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Delayed
3. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Delayed Jun 19, 2018, 11:52 Primalchrome

I'm a Battletech freak....but this is a perfect example of a game that will require plenty of "unsponsored" reviews and twitch streams to convince me to buy it.  

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer
49. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 15:28 Primalchrome

Flatline wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 14:57:
Cyberpunk 2020 was about attitude more than surroundings. It was totally acceptable to be a cutting edge cyborg warrior and have "bag lady chique" as your personal style.
I love your description. It was totally acceptable until you pushed the envelope with implants and ventured into 'cyber-psychosis'. (which is what the original trailer looked like it was addressing)

Man, that was a great RPG.....there were issues with the rules, but a good GM could still use it as an amazing canvas.

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer
26. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 12:43 Primalchrome

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 10:42:
It's getting hammered for not being as dark as they were lead to believe. I guess they are thinking of a world with no sun.

The urban areas are generally dark in cyberpunk works...it's a physical manifestation of a dystopian setting. Pollution, massive buildings, multi-levels of street for traffic, megacorp billboards advertising the next new thing you have to have....all those things block sunlight. The only people seeing the sun regularly would be in the top levels of buildings or top tiers of society.

News Comments > Fallout 76 Trailer
17. Re: Fallout 76 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 10:12 Primalchrome

Beamer wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 07:40:
I always wonder if the people who get so angry over stuff like this do it everywhere. As if they're annoyed if there's a TV show on CBS Lifetime/Hallmark channel not aimed at them, or if there's a radio station that plays a style of music they're not in love with.
Fixed that for you.

News Comments > PUBG Developer's Letter
7. Re: PUBG Developer's Letter May 27, 2018, 18:40 Primalchrome

Jesus fucking christ. Just lead off all your posts with "Back in my day..." and end them with "...and get off my lawn!" For over a year now there has been a very vocal group yapping like old women about how PUBG is a 'fad' and 'is about to tank'....yet it's still top of the sales chart (albeit now being supplanted by Fortnite). Why the fuck can't you say,"I don't like the genre, but it looks like other people do?" Instead, you people have to act like some petulant bitches and pretend that you have some kind of elite inner wisdom with regards to gaming.... Jesus...talk about watching people age and lose connection with their roots in an effort to aggrandize.....nothing.

You do realize that I can remember the Roberta Williams 'elite gamers' saying the same mealy mouthed bullshit when Doom and Quake hit the shelves? It sounded a lot like the farrier's guild when the model T started taking off....

Goddamn children in old men's bodies.

News Comments > Unreal Turns 20 - Get Unreal Gold for Free
2. Re: Unreal Turns 20 - Get Unreal Gold for Free May 22, 2018, 18:36 Primalchrome

Damnation, I'm old.  

530 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo