Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tessier Ashpoole

Real Name Tessier Ashpoole   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Primalchrome
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2011, 18:32
Total Comments 430 (Amateur)
User ID 56308

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2017, 10:54 Primalchrome

LOL. Our weimaraner learned early on that the fastest place to get anywhere was across Mom's lap. While it was cute at 5 pounds....it was an ordeal at 85.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Oct 19, 2017, 10:46 Primalchrome

Clickbait.

No different than,"PC GAMING IS DYING, CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT WHY!" or "2017, THE YEAR OF LINUX ON THE DESKTOP!"

News Comments > Dead Space 2 Selling 4M "Wasn't Enough"
6. Re: Dead Space 2 Selling 4M Oct 18, 2017, 11:40 Primalchrome

Verno wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 10:09:
I still see plenty of room there for profit.

With revenue of 240M and fixed costs of 60M, you only have to cover your variable unit costs and variable marketing. I find it hard to believe it was 120M in variable costs alone.
....not sure where you're getting $240M. They sold 4 million copies total. It released at ~$60...and later went on sale. The game probably generated $180M at best. So after 30% for retail/distro/steam you're at about $125M. Zach estimates $60M in marketing....so you're down to $66M. Development was $60M.....so now you're looking at $6M in profit at best... With unexpected costs beyond that it probably only brought in a few mil in profit.

A 2% return isn't really all that impressive.....but its still in the black and has franchise IP that has value.

News Comments > Op Ed
26. Re: Op Ed Oct 16, 2017, 16:47 Primalchrome

Verno wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 14:13:
No, for those that don't think is gambling I have a crate to sell you. To obtain the crate, you'll need to buy 500 Vernobux.
Nicely played, sir.

News Comments > CD Projekt RED on Cyberpunk 2077 Progress and Employee Dissent
1. Re: CD Projekt RED on Cyberpunk 2077 Progress and Employee Dissent Oct 16, 2017, 10:33 Primalchrome

Just 18 more months.....  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2017, 10:27 Primalchrome

Broken collar bone. Sums my season up. Sigh.  

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Oct 16, 2017, 10:27 Primalchrome

....this seems odd. I don't know of anyone that doesn't understand that Loot Boxes are a form of gambling.  

News Comments > Fortnite Passes 7 Million Players
7. Re: Fortnite Passes 7 Million Players Oct 5, 2017, 11:33 Primalchrome

Retired wrote on Oct 5, 2017, 10:16:
but I don't really need ANOTHER game.
LOL. I think that has been my mantra for the last 35 years of gaming....

News Comments > Fortnite Passes 7 Million Players
2. Re: Fortnite Passes 7 Million Players Oct 5, 2017, 10:13 Primalchrome

The casual aspect is fun...and fast matches make it easy to jump in and play a bit. My only issue with it is the umbrella phase.... Something about it is off and I can't put my finger on the mechanic that ruins it for me. I can't remember the last time I beat another group to the ground to start hoovering up weapons.  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 20, 2017, 15:06 Primalchrome

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 20, 2017, 14:34:
While I can see your argument being somewhat valid(Brazil maybe)
Right....because here in the US reality is just like the CSI shows people binge on. Actual percentage rates for cops solving crimes like this are in the teens. Admittedly, it's not a problem for most of folks in suburbia...but that's anecdotal.

Take a video/some pictures. You won't feel like quite as much of a hero, but odds of conviction will go way up with more evidence to back up the witness statements.
Right. A nice 4k video of Optimus in all his glory will take the sleuths from a national average of around 17% to a stunning 90% I'm certain. Because the CCTV will miss the closeup of the robber's class ring and football QB engraving. All the cops will have to do is shout "ENHANCE" at the screen to solve this one.

where I live, EVERYONE has a gun.
Sadly...same here. We're on the same page on this one. The open carry bullshit is unbelievable. Cops don't get decent firearms training and when you pile on all the wannabe-Rambos with their open carry, I just can't see how people support this insanity.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 20, 2017, 13:12 Primalchrome

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 20, 2017, 13:03:
Robbery is bad, random civilians murdering(or trying to, via 17 stab wounds) robbers is even worse. Take a fucking photo or movie with your damn phone and call the cops. What if the robber had pulled a gun instead of a knife, and shot everybody in the store? What if the fake gun he had in the first place had been real, and he shot the teller in the face when he got hit with the chair? Idiotic behavior.
I'm not sure where you live....but things aren't always that black and white. Taking out your cell and snapping a movie of Optimus Prime robbing the barista isn't really going to do any good. Most burglaries and robberies become nothing more than paperwork for local cops. They don't spend many resources doing anything about it....because it's low percentage, and they don't make any money doing it. So the deterrent factor starts disappearing in some areas. If the local citizenry begin refusing to allow it to happen...you start recapturing some sense of order.

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Cheaters Banned
2. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Cheaters Banned Sep 14, 2017, 10:56 Primalchrome

Cue the whiners about how they can't prove people are cheating and that they're banning all these innocent lambs. At one time, League of Legends would do a name and shame of people trotting out all the "I'm innocent!" lies. They would post logs and make the person look like utter trash. I realize that is a ton of extra overhead, but damn it was entertaining.  

News Comments > PUBG Status Update
5. Re: PUBG Status Update Sep 13, 2017, 11:15 Primalchrome

Retired wrote on Sep 13, 2017, 08:34:
You can actually set your key bindings to do the crouch jump for you, so when you hit your jump key it is built in everytime. Doesn't even need a script. Just double up your keybinds.
Currently, yes. But they're taking that out next patch. I have it macro'd through my logitech software....just hope they don't declare that to be an exploit. It seems more user friendly to make it intuitive to the single jump/vault command.

News Comments > PUBG Status Update
1. Re: PUBG Status Update Sep 12, 2017, 13:11 Primalchrome

Sad to see vaulting not being released...but I can respect the reasoning. The whole jumping through windows thing should just be built into jumping/vaulting AND BREAK THE DAMN GLASS. Making it a pain in the ass doesn't really add anything 1337 to the game...it's just as pain in the ass OP mechanic like skiing was in Starsiege : Tribes.

Still...it's nice to see steady progress in an early access title.

News Comments > Op Ed
17. Re: Op Ed Sep 12, 2017, 13:07 Primalchrome

The article is amusing satire....but it's equally amusing how the US mainstream will say 'fuck' but cringe and whisper 'the n-word'. It's a silly and childish over reaction for adults. Keyword : adults. Pewdepie is a shitheel. He's not like Elvis...more like Stern. What he's doing is not art, it's simple base shock entertainment. Even Beavis & Butthead had some social commentary built into it....

All that said, Pewdipie's target audience is kids...and this is an ongoing issue. Every advertiser should be showing some kind of ethical concern and pulling out. Any broadcasting medium should be requiring regular disclaimers on his stream. ...and parents should be paying a little more attention to what their kids are watching.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 12, 2017, 12:51 Primalchrome

One of those sitting/standing desks may be in my near future for the new office...  

News Comments > L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files Announced
13. Re: L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files Announced Sep 7, 2017, 17:08 Primalchrome

Not quite to the last straw to break the camel's back. Fallout 4 VR might be the title that puts a Vive in my household.  

News Comments > LawBreakers Roadmap
13. Re: LawBreakers Roadmap Sep 7, 2017, 15:54 Primalchrome

4D-Boxing wrote on Sep 7, 2017, 13:09:
i don't any market saturation when it comes to online multiplayer FPS.

Anyways, all that to say there isn't much out there.
....oooooooooookay. Is this a bad example of the Tenth Man policy?

News Comments > XCOM 2: War of the Chosen for Windows Released
24. Re: XCOM 2: War of the Chosen for Windows Released Aug 29, 2017, 14:15 Primalchrome

Martin Riggs: The guy who shot me! The same albino jackrabbit son of a bitch who did Hunsacker.
Roger Murtaugh: You sure?
Martin Riggs: Yeah, I'm sure man. I never forget an asshole.

News Comments > XCOM 2: War of the Chosen for Windows Released
12. Re: XCOM 2: War of the Chosen for Windows Released Aug 29, 2017, 12:48 Primalchrome

Flatline wrote on Aug 29, 2017, 12:31:
Same here. Vanilla XCOM2 didn't click for me. I didn't mind the turn timers, I didn't mind the scarcity of resources in the strategy map, but both together ended up frustrating me.
Same. The turn extension mod was the only thing that saved it for me. I'll probably wait until the Christmas sale to make sure that the mods are all working properly... Well...that and the fact that I'm in a backlog of titles I'm trying to play at this hot second.

430 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo