Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tessier Ashpoole

Real Name Tessier Ashpoole   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Primalchrome
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2011, 18:32
Total Comments 511 (Apprentice)
User ID 56308

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Unreal Turns 20 - Get Unreal Gold for Free
2. Re: Unreal Turns 20 - Get Unreal Gold for Free May 22, 2018, 18:36 Primalchrome

Damnation, I'm old.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing - Enhanced Edition
2. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing - Enhanced Edition May 22, 2018, 13:57 Primalchrome

Hey Darks, did you buy the original and like it?

I picked up Space Hulk when it came out a couple of years ago and it was....alright. Didn't get Deathwing because it raised a few red flags.

News Comments > State of Decay 2 Reviews
35. Re: State of Decay 2 Reviews May 17, 2018, 16:37 Primalchrome

I'll wait til it's on Steam....and has had a few patches. This is not only an Early Access title...it's also a MSoft store title....  

News Comments > No Borderlands 3 at E3?
15. Re: No Borderlands 3 at E3? May 16, 2018, 16:03 Primalchrome

BL2 > BL > BL:PS

But none of that matters....because Cyberpunk 2077. Just go back and watch the trailer again.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Date Revealed?
3. Re: Steam Summer Sale Date Revealed? May 9, 2018, 11:31 Primalchrome

Hoping to pick up Divinity Original Sin 2 at a low price point....  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2018, 12:59 Primalchrome

Hey Blue, what was your take on Avengers:IW?  

News Comments > BATTLETECH Released
25. Re: BATTLETECH Released Apr 25, 2018, 13:59 Primalchrome

Fantastic and having a ball with it so far. Best kickstarter I ever sunk a big chunk of change into. Even though it's a massive thumbs up for me, some of the Steam reviews have teeth. There are quite a few bugs that people are hitting :
- no ultrawide support
- crashes
- slow load times
- animations/combat slow even when disabling most of it in options
- some camera jankiness even when disabling things in options
- significant resource hog
The whining about he/she/they or the fact that backers have to go through backerkit for rewards or 'this isn't the battletech *I* wanted' really shouldn't be considered valid for the steam reviews.

News Comments > Conan Exiles Video
6. Re: Conan Exiles Video Apr 25, 2018, 13:48 Primalchrome

Darks wrote on Apr 25, 2018, 10:41:
Own this game and will be running a dedicated server for Coop. So anyone that wants to play it on my server just let me know. Once the game goes live I will be renewing my server.
Not sure if I'll have shaken my Battletech addiction by then, but I'd like to give it a go on a CoOp server.

News Comments > MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries Destruction Trailer
13. Re: MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries Destruction Trailer Apr 18, 2018, 14:30 Primalchrome

KS wrote on Apr 18, 2018, 13:33:
You lose the leg, and your mech has to hobble/jump like robots with one leg humans actually make do.
Realism doesn't always translate to *fun*. Having a mech go peg-leg with a blown out appendage still gives the player a degree of control and counterplay. When they tried for realistic knockdown the overwhelming feedback was "fuck that".

I know helos are canon in MW, but I wish they looked a bit more futuristic: something like this, or like this.
Agreed. I wish that they would add a little dragonfly zippy aspect to give them a slightly longer TTK as well. Loved using Warrior helos in Battletech for spotting.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Adds New Mode
6. Re: MechWarrior Online Adds New Mode Apr 18, 2018, 14:24 Primalchrome

Flatline wrote on Apr 18, 2018, 13:39:
I played the crap out of MWO back in the day. Dropped money on it too. As soon as they introduced paid coolant charges I left.

Fuck that Pay2Win bullshit.
Never ran Cool Shots....still was consistently a high percentage player. And I think you could get the same Cool Shot performance with GXP and Cbills....so I'm not sure I would say that was P2W. But, the Clan Invasion was somewhat P2W....and poorly managed at that.

News Comments > New Warframe This Week
1. Re: New Warframe This Week Apr 18, 2018, 12:45 Primalchrome

I need to revisit Warframe. It was pretty fun, but I think I burned myself out by playing too many long sessions. Playing the different 'frames really changed the dynamics of each mission.  

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Adds New Mode
4. Re: MechWarrior Online Adds New Mode Apr 18, 2018, 12:44 Primalchrome

Yeah, no clue why this hasn't been in the game for years. When I was playing regularly, you had to set up custom matches that were like Thunderdome. Bunch of unit members standing around watching 1v1's and waiting their turn.

And with regards to F2P, MWO has a much more palatable grind and matchmaking than something like World of Tanks/Warships/Warplanes.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2018, 12:41 Primalchrome

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 18, 2018, 10:55:
Do not exceed the recommended dosage on the Advil. That stuff can really mess up your liver. And if you find yourself taking it for an extended period of time, see a doctor.
Docs prescribe *much* larger doses of Advil for short periods, right? If you have a healthy liver and are drinking/eating healthily, larger doses for short periods shouldn't have long term effects. Not advising it...but it's a good tool to have when you jack your back.

Hey Blue, do you irrigate your sinuses? I had to have surgery years ago from chronic sinusitis (infection every month) and the maintenance regimen that they put me on was irrigating at least once per day during pollen season or when exposed to dust/allergens. I got cocky and stopped after a few years and very quickly realized what a massive difference it made in my quality of life. Would recommend A+.

News Comments > MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries Destruction Trailer
5. Re: MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries Destruction Trailer Apr 18, 2018, 12:34 Primalchrome

Sweet mother...that music was corny as hell. I'm hoping they meant it as a tongue in cheek nod to the 80's.

The Catapult doing a DFA is interesting. If they have ramming and DFA as physical attacks, that could be fun. Overall nothing to get overly excited about, but I'm looking forward to a single player/Co-Op Mechwarrior experience.

News Comments > Conan Exiles Trailer Celebrates Next Month's Launch
5. Re: Conan Exiles Trailer Celebrates Next Month's Launch Apr 13, 2018, 15:03 Primalchrome

I played many months ago in EA and our group ran a small server. It was a lot of fun with mixed PvE and PvP content. That said, none of the guys in our group are interested in going back and trying it again if its still simplistic to wreck entire bases. Spending 8+ man hours to build something that gets utterly destroyed in 10 minutes while you're sleeping is not worthy of pursuit.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 12, 2018, 10:38 Primalchrome

But are people more likely to be Night Owls *because* of health issues or is it vice versa? Maybe being a Night Owl and the increased mortality rate is the symptom rather than the cause.  

News Comments > BATTLETECH Trailer
13. Re: BATTLETECH Trailer Apr 11, 2018, 15:01 Primalchrome

Darks wrote on Apr 11, 2018, 13:02:
Nope, the best Kickstarter is and always will be the Divinity games.

Divinity 2 is Game of the year you cant beat that no matter what you toss at it.
I didn't back either one of those. Honestly, I never bothered finishing the first one....though I've heard that after one of the big patches it made the storyline flow better. I've wanted to buy Divinity 2 because of the praise...but have been concerned about a repeat of the clunky/disjointed quests early in the first one.

Probably should bite the bullet, though. Both my kids bought Divinity 2 and have loved it. ...and if those two blockheads can get deep into the campaign, SURELY I can!

News Comments > BATTLETECH Trailer
1. Re: BATTLETECH Trailer Apr 11, 2018, 11:24 Primalchrome

With what I've experienced in the beta and seen on Twitch....this may be the best Kickstarter I've ever rolled the dice on.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR Released
1. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR Released Apr 2, 2018, 23:36 Primalchrome

FO4:VR has been a lot of fun....but required quite a few .ini tweaks. Hopefully Skyrim will be a little more optimized when it hits Steam.  

News Comments > Five Free Games with Twitch Prime
16. Re: Five Free Games with Twitch Prime Apr 2, 2018, 20:08 Primalchrome

Ozmodan wrote on Apr 2, 2018, 18:25:
Just another scam to get people to sign up for Twitch prime. Just about as worthless a fee as you can find on the internet.
Yep. People paying for entertainment is absolutely fucking nuts. Kind of like paying for cable, or internet, or videogames. And just think, a lot of them get it for *free* as part of their Amazon Prime membership....they're so getting screwed. Poor dumb bastards.

511 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo