Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tessier Ashpoole

Real Name Tessier Ashpoole   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Primalchrome
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2011, 18:32
Total Comments 355 (Amateur)
User ID 56308

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 19, 2017, 18:40 Primalchrome

Quinn wrote on Feb 19, 2017, 17:50:
I am simply stunned by how incredibly NOT FUN this fucking game is. I hate the fact that I find it so incredibly hard to believe some people somehow like the game. XD
What do you find "NOT FUN" about the game? The brutal learning curve or limited game modes?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Over 20 Million Terrarians
9. Re: Over 20 Million Terrarians Feb 18, 2017, 21:53 Primalchrome

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote:
Half the time, they patch it so much they wipe my old saves.
Luck, you must be thinking of another game. I have characters and saves that I've been using off and on for years. Only can remember a few early patches that screwed up data. The patches since have added things that sometimes might require you to start a new world to access...but beyond that everything is good.

For the record this game is by far the best bang for the buck out of any game I've ever owned. I may have more hours in Xwing or Space Hawk or EverQuest....but for less than $20 this takes the cake.

Sandbox. Quests. Exploration. Crafting. Combat. Amazing game.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
29. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 17, 2017, 18:03 Primalchrome

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 17:44:
You gotta create lotsa felons so you can have a cheap labor force, something about the rich get richer, it's been that way for as long as I can remember.
I dunno, man. This guy didn't sell a dime bag to his buddy....he threw a 3 1/2 foot alligator at a person. Would you feel differently about his criminal behavior if the drive thru employ had had their hand mangled? It's also not like he was a dumbass 17 year old....we're talking about a grown man of 24 years. I'm not worried about the record affecting his future, because if he's pulling shit like this at 24 he probably already has his future all mapped out....

"Hey, I started out mopping the floor just like you guys. But now... now I'm washing lettuce. Soon I'll be on fries; then the grill. In a year or two, I'll make assistant manager, and that's when the big bucks start rolling in."

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 17, 2017, 13:16 Primalchrome

One of my favorite tidbits about Archer is how different Judy Greer is from her character Cheryl. Seeing her answer questions on some interviews and panels always requires a doubletake. H.Jon Benjamin, Aisha Tyler, and Chris Parnell seem to handle conversations much the same way as their characters...  

News Comments > Origin Access Free Trial
61. Re: Origin Access Free Trial Feb 16, 2017, 18:23 Primalchrome

Descender, I'd like to also add in 'exposure' to your list of services. 30% does seem like a LOT to a layperson....but it's within the realm of reason when you realize a lot of retail orgs get significant margin with no where near the positive benefits. A great example is Rocket League...look at what they reaped when it was free on PSN? Same concept with a lot of games on Steam. If the 30% wasn't a viable number, devs wouldn't use the service. Just about every dev worth the name has folks much more qualified to crunch those numbers than everyone on Blues put together.

Again, Steam has plenty of issues that should be addressed. Hell, the client alone should have been rebuilt from the ground up at least three times by now. Their support is seriously lacking when compared to their reach. Online requirements chap my ass. That said, still a decent service over all.

23. Re: Origin Access Free Trial Feb 15, 2017, 16:37 Primalchrome

Slick wrote on Feb 15, 2017, 16:09:
Wow, that's proof, you found some people in Target bitching about EA. I guess you have a salient point. Rolleyes
Sigh. Slick, this one little quote kind of sums up your presence on Blues. My comment about the two folks at Target was a segue....hopefully to a more positive point that the video game industry is becoming a permeating aspect of our culture.

I do thank you for this, though. I hadn't set Blues to 'remember me' on my new Surface. Seeing you take it to the next (wait for it) 'emotional' level, I'll be happy to have you back on ye olde ignore list. Seriously though....for your own health...look into meditation or therapy or something. You take the volume to 11 over the silliest topics... That's gonna burn you out or leave you very lonely later in life.

16. Re: Origin Access Free Trial Feb 15, 2017, 16:01 Primalchrome

Slick wrote on Feb 15, 2017, 13:56:
It's not a logical response, it's an emotional one. People "feel" that EA has just somehow done them wrong, something terrible and unforgivable like a GF sleeping with your best friend.
You're trying to warp his comment and render it silly and questionable by saying that it is 'emotional'. Look at EA's history with gaming and you have plenty of legitimate reasons for a person to choose not to vote with their dollar. I realize that you are on a personal jihad against Valve...but I think you'll find quite a few more gamers that associate 'lazy and greed' with EA's actions. Amusing aside, I ran across two CSRs stocking shelves in Target that were bitching up a storm about EA. It was a little validating that gaming has come so far that you can run across a more in depth gaming conversation in public like that.

(for the record, I'm not disputing your opinion of Valve...)

8. Re: On Sale Feb 12, 2017, 19:54 Primalchrome

Agent-Zero wrote on Feb 12, 2017, 19:10:
is there a difference between a group like the christians claiming they are the "chosen people of god" and a group like the nazis claiming they are the "chosen people of god"?
Why do you say christians? Why not simply say jews? We saw how well that played out....one side has to lose. The Nazis.

7. Re: On Sale Feb 12, 2017, 19:53 Primalchrome

Kxmode wrote on Feb 12, 2017, 18:06:
Is there a difference between a company like Cloud Imperium Games doing early access for Star Citizen and Funcom doing early access for Conan Exiles?
You're trolling and you know it.... Exiles is a reasonably priced single cost game that is in a functional state as soon as your money hits the table. Star Citizen is a pie in the sky idea that will never deliver or be functional in the way the consumers are expecting.

1. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 12, 2017, 16:04 Primalchrome

Enjoying Conan Exiles...but it is definitely beta... Would love to try out For Honor, but it seems like a very short shelflife. I think they wanted to tap into the SoulsBorne PVP crowd...but they love the single player and fashion souls as much as the PVP.  

News Comments > Conan Exiles Banishes Servers
24. Re: Conan Exiles Banishes Servers Feb 6, 2017, 17:40 Primalchrome

Agent-Zero wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 15:56:
if its better than you expected, great for you. live it up
It is. I am. The five folks in our regular gaming group are as well. I refer back to my statement regarding underpowered/overloaded.....your extensive experience with QA should have made it pretty obvious that running the client and server on the same machine might be a significant factor. Then again...I really don't expect much reason out of people when they're just looking for a platform to complain.

News Comments > Conan Exiles Banishes Servers
22. Re: Conan Exiles Banishes Servers Feb 6, 2017, 13:15 Primalchrome

Agent-Zero wrote on Feb 5, 2017, 15:22:
current state of the game is like a very early alpha build

the whole thing feels super janky and the performance is garbage as well, considering the output quality
I'm not sure if you've ever been a part of an alpha build of software....but your comment seems to indicate it. This game is solidly in beta. The performance can be horrible if you're connecting to an anemic server or one that is overloaded with players.

I've built characters on a double handful of servers just testing things out and have found a couple that run very smoothly.....but a large number of them are horrifically underpowered/overloaded. It lacks a LOT of polish and content, but that's what is to be expected in beta or early access. Overally it is more stable than I expected with an adequate backend.

News Comments > Diablo III Postmortem
25. Re: Diablo III Postmortem Jan 24, 2017, 11:21 Primalchrome

The vitriol toward this guy is entirely earned. D3 at launch was trash. Auction house, online only, server overload, lag, horrific loot tables, and the cutesy take on what has historically been true dark fantasy. Why did Wilson push all these agendas? Projected revenue and to leave his 'mark' on what was already a very successful franchise. The cherry on top was his 'fuck the haters' and 'let them eat cake' stance after launch.

It took them over a year to undo half of the shit he did to the game.... I'm still not happy...but I doubt I will with many Blizzard projects going forward. There is nothing left of the amazing creative company that gave use Diablo and Warcraft. Not it is all about squeezing cash out of their target audience.

News Comments > Dark Souls III Ringed City DLC in March
6. Re: Dark Souls III Ringed City DLC in March Jan 23, 2017, 12:59 Primalchrome

DrSquick wrote on Jan 23, 2017, 12:44:
It feels like it is an incredibly short game that gets people to feel like the game is longer by making you go through the same area dozens of times.
Meh...that's kind of like saying a FPS is nothing but shooting things to make it seem longer or that Witcher3 is nothing but quests to make it seem longer.

SoulsBorne games are about skill and precision....which is honed with repetition. The skeleton that jumped out at you and killed you...should have taught you where he spawns and what his moveset was. After fighting him a few times you should have learned a counter of some sort...depending on how good it was, you might have to learn a few. If you're getting killed by a boss over and over in 10 seconds, instead of howling and looking online, spend a few minutes thinking,"Why?" Am I too aggressive? Is it the same attack that kills me? Is there a tell? Should I be closer or farther from the boss? Once you've spent a fair amount of time trying different tactics and troubleshooting the encounter....sure, go online for insight.

But if you're immediately going online for the 'answer'....Soulsborne is probably not for you. It's not for simple twitch gamers or people that want to be spoonfed. The poeple I know that enjoy them want to be challenged....to solve issues....and accept punishment/setbacks for their screw ups.

Edit : I read this after posting and I sound like a total judgmental shitheel. Soulsborne games are fun, regardless of how you approach them. I do the same thing you do.... I do a level as far as I can and then look up online to see what all I'm missing. If I get hung up on a boss for a few days, I look up what kind of tactics work for other people.

I also have to look online for explanations of the lore and how some of the quests work. They are way too nebulous for me to process well. Some of them I get....but many are wayyyyy too murky for these old eyes.

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Jan 19, 2017, 22:08 Primalchrome

Wish all studios would pay attention to how great mods like this can breathe new life into a title...  

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 8, 2017, 15:15 Primalchrome

Yeah, many of my kids' friends have multiple steam accounts specifically for CS:GO. They have their main, their seal clubber, and then the account they play with friends.  

News Comments > Steam Top 100 of 2016
13. Re: Steam Top 100 of 2016 Jan 1, 2017, 18:25 Primalchrome

I love that we live in a world where people can call 50%+ discounts on some of the best games in the last 18 months "pathetic". Really makes it clear who some of the laughable posters are.... I bought a few games just to round out a few areas. My boys bought a few games and racked up on DLC. It really pays off to let a year or so's worth build up and snatch it all for a song and a dance.

Super happy to see Rimworld and Terraria listed....Indie gaming done right. Amazed to see Dark Souls 3 at Platinum, hope From rakes in serious cash. And it is fantastic to see Skyrim, CivV, Garry's Mod, and AoEII still generating sizeable interest after so many years.

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Dec 9, 2016, 12:45 Primalchrome

This article could have been written for any activity...Video Games is just an easy target. I will sum up the core issue in one quote :

“He was relentless about asking when he could play — it was a continuous negotiation,”

Negotiation. This is your kid. You are responsible for them and their well being. There is no goddamn 'negotiation'.

News Comments > Total War WARHAMMER DLC and Free Content
1. Re: Total War WARHAMMER DLC and Free Content Dec 8, 2016, 22:21 Primalchrome

Waaaaay to much nickle and diming with this title. I am very disappointed and wish I hadn't bought it now.  

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Announced
54. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Announced Dec 5, 2016, 20:18 Primalchrome

Overon wrote on Dec 5, 2016, 18:08:
Maybe. But I think I'm trying to illustrate for those who don't know about PGI, what kind of hacks have the Mechwarrior franchise.
Maybe. But I think you're just finding things to bitch about to hear yourself talk. There are plenty of legit arguments out there....but yours were silly.
Task wrote on Dec 5, 2016, 18:08:
Multiplayer without the gimmick of server-authoritative nonsense, purely controlled by players.
You mean server-authoritative nonsense that allows levers to curb hacking? That's used in just about every large-scale MMOG in modern gaming? Or Matchmaking? Or a Mechwarrior playerbase that dwarfs all the other MW titles combined? I love the games of yesteryear as well....but we have to take off the rose colored glasses from time to time and recognize that there were issues.

355 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo