Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for panbient

Real Name panbient   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname panbient
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description old school cranky pants gamer guy
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 18, 2011, 00:28
Total Comments 786 (Graduate)
User ID 56226

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 18, 2019, 11:50 panbient

Lucky.

Until you find out just how much geese poop.

Everywhere.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ubisoft Responds to Watch Dogs: Legion/HITRECORD Criticism
2. Re: Ubisoft Responds to Watch Dogs: Legion/HITRECORD Criticism Jul 16, 2019, 14:03 panbient

My only problem with the concept is that they expect the artists to accommodate their demands after submitting material. Or at least that's how one of the FAQs presents the situation.

If they don't like the submission as is and want some tweaks they should be able to do that themselves. Otherwise they're stringing along a musician to do work that may or may not end up in the final product.

I still think this is a good opportunity for the kind of musicians sitting on a hard drive full of random recordings that only a handful of people have bothered listening to on whatever hosting site they choose. But they shouldn't have to do the extra legwork to make it fit into the product without compensation.

Nor should anyone try composing specifically for this opportunity without fully recognizing and accepting the risks. Sadly we all know some idiot(s) will do just that before turning around and complaining that they were taken advantage of and ripped off. Like it's somehow not their fault they ignored the clearly communicated and painfully obvious corporate position. Radiohead said it best back in the day -

You do it to yourself - you do... and that's why it really hurts.

News Comments > Age of Wonders III Free on Steam
2. Re: Age of Wonders III Free on Steam Jul 11, 2019, 21:04 panbient

PHJF wrote on Jul 11, 2019, 20:05:
It was given away for free like two months ago.

And I missed it then, so at least one person is happy for the repeat.

News Comments > Ion Maiden Renamed Ion Fury; Full Release Next Month
1. Re: Ion Maiden Renamed Ion Fury; Full Release Next Month Jul 11, 2019, 12:01 panbient

Successful publicity stunt was successful.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 5, 2019, 22:02 panbient

Archero - it's a free top down auto-shooting action game. Very few ads (entirely optional). Roguelike elements build up your hero through a given run. Worlds are divided into X amount of stages (50 in the first world with bosses every 10 etc). Can pick it up and do a room quickly while waiting in line or sit down and do a run for 5-10 minutes on a break. Good times.  

News Comments > Mike Rose Starts G2A Petition
10. Re: Mike Rose Starts G2A Petition Jul 5, 2019, 21:51 panbient

Creston wrote on Jul 5, 2019, 20:24:
mxmissile wrote on Jul 5, 2019, 19:19:
Mike Rose is just a whiny bitch, seriously, if you give out that many keys, and said keys are able to kill your sales, Mike, YOU are doing it wrong. Get control of your inventory, don't give out keys where G2A can get them. This is all you and your incompetence, stop passing the buck.

Well, but... if someone buys 100 keys from him with a stolen credit card, then posts them on G2A for $13 bucks, and the credit card company undoes the transaction, how is Mike Rose supposed to fix that or even worse, PREVENT it?

I mean... should he just stop selling keys altogether?

Can you imagine the reaction from the people blaming the developers when their purchases start being put on 3 to 5 day holds to ensure the payment actually goes through?

CONTROL!

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Jul 3, 2019, 15:30 panbient

NKD wrote on Jul 3, 2019, 11:13:
panbient wrote on Jul 3, 2019, 09:10:
Then again I'm also baffled by the unbelievable pretentiousness of modern gamer culture complaining about the need for game designers to "respect their time".

Speaking of pretentiousness

.... MY LAWN!!!!

But really, am I truly missing the point? Are video games not a diversionary activity? Unless you're pursuing a career in esports they're literally intended to waste your time - even the good ones. And there are thousands available. Why blame the creators if you chose options you don't like?

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Jul 3, 2019, 09:10 panbient

The term always made my eye twitch. It's kind of like people who say "lol" out loud in regular conversation. Then again Metroid was the first NES game I got back in the day as well. The modern iterations haven't really strayed from that 33 year old original either. When I played Symphony of the Night all I could think was how much it seemed to rip off Super Metroid.

Then again I'm also baffled by the unbelievable pretentiousness of modern gamer culture complaining about the need for game designers to "respect their time".

GET OFF MY LAWN!!!

News Comments > Ys Net Promises Shenmue 3 Steam Keys in a Year and Refunds
22. Re: Ys Net Promises Shenmue 3 Steam Keys in a Year and Refunds Jul 2, 2019, 16:43 panbient

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jul 2, 2019, 12:23:
Don't even know what Shenmue is actually..

It was the original "walking simulator" on the Dreamcast. Admittedly I didn't play it much. The best part of it for me was the inclusion of SEGA classics in the arcade. Space Harrier is always a fun time.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale
19. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 26, 2019, 08:46 panbient

Bumpy wrote on Jun 25, 2019, 19:25:
Jeez, Battletech for less than $14. Bought!

Good luck with this one. It's still a bit crash happy.

There's apparently an ongoing issue with AMD graphics and the polar base map. There's no rhyme or reason either. Sometimes it crashes on my turn, sometimes on enemy turn, sometimes when I fire, sometimes when I'm targeting, other times when I select an ability. Doesn't seem to matter. Round 3, Round 10 - who knows, the only sure thing -

It. Will. Freeze.

I played through the campaign without issue, but it makes the career mode a bit problematic, especially when playing Ironman.

News Comments > Dota Underlords Early Access
1. Re: Dota Underlords Early Access Jun 20, 2019, 21:11 panbient

As of this evening I have 445 hours in Dota 2.

I lasted 19 minutes in Underlords before uninstalling it out of boredom.

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Jun 20, 2019, 13:15 panbient

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jun 20, 2019, 12:15:
Point me to the games that depict the war crimes of the USA in Iraq

Spec Ops The Line - while not overly preachy or political definitely touches on the concept.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 20, 2019, 10:48 panbient

Cat-Fox hybrid.... will it become the Cox or the Fat?  

News Comments > Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike
6. Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Jun 19, 2019, 14:22 panbient

Beta 1.6 FOREVER!  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2019, 17:15 panbient

Kxmode wrote on Jun 18, 2019, 16:34:
It begs several questions.

1. Have these organisms always existed in the Atlantic (as this is where most hurricanes form)?

I don't think it's specific to the Atlantic. Typhoons are the same weather phenomena after all and there are cases of FEB in Asia. Whether or not it's on their beaches yet (or they're willing to acknowledge as much) is a whole other matter.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2019, 15:47 panbient

That new Mars crater is amazing. Thanks for providing space news on the regular.  

News Comments > Epic Games Gets Chatty
3. Re: Epic Games Gets Chatty Jun 12, 2019, 16:46 panbient

Kxmode wrote on Jun 12, 2019, 16:33:
First time I heard of Houseparty.

Welcome to being old. Congrats!

News Comments > Wasteland 3 Next Year
3. Re: Wasteland 3 Next Year Jun 12, 2019, 15:38 panbient

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 12, 2019, 14:46:
That drunk fuck is annoying as shit... what were they thinking?

Agreed. Was really hyped for more Wasteland after reading the press release. Then I hit play on the trailer (I wish I left it on mute).

Now I'm aware Scotchmo is a recurring character in the franchise. But he was easy enough to ignore in WL2, unfortuntely you can't ignore him in the trailer. In this case I really hope it's just a bad decision when making the trailer (that music is awful too) and not indicative of the style of "humourous" narrative we can expect.

News Comments > Rumored Borderlands 2 DLC Info Leaked?
2. Re: Rumored Borderlands 2 DLC Info Leaked? Jun 6, 2019, 11:52 panbient

I'm currently playing through the Pre-Sequel (thanks PS+).

Aside from a few minor QoL improvements I still think the original is the best one.

News Comments > Jumanji: The Video Game Announced
7. Re: Jumanji: The Video Game Announced Jun 5, 2019, 18:39 panbient

El Pit wrote on Jun 5, 2019, 11:40:
Robin Williams or no sale! There is enough dialogue he recorded for the original Jumanji.

Would probably be better if you just grabbed some of his random standup bits and mixed it in.

Hell a video game just based on this clip alone would be worth it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIWB-Neyj-c

(I had no idea what I was getting when I ordered a copy of that cassette from Columbia House back in the day).

786 Comments. 40 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo