Descending
Limit Results:

48 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  ] Older

Re: More Misconduct Fallout
Jun 25, 2020, 16:36
Re: More Misconduct Fallout Jun 25, 2020, 16:36
Jun 25, 2020, 16:36

So everything is the business of the corporation is it? You're fine with them having you under total surveillance 24/7 because it's all their business. And vetting you for a job means looking through the entirety of your private life starting from birth. That sound about right? And any infraction, no matter how small, should be cause for dismissal because you don't want the corporation to lose face, yeah?

You sound like the perfect slave.
Yeah, I never said anything of the sort so don't put words in my mouth or assume you know how I think, and hyperbole of the sort you're using makes an already specious argument even weaker. My response was limited to this scenario and I will repeat he was a fairly visible public figure for a large studio, so yes there are going to be repercussions for his actions, legality aside; if it casts Ubi in a bad light you can be assured they will react towards the person causing said bad light, in this case this fellow.

Re: More Misconduct Fallout
Jun 24, 2020, 22:58
Re: More Misconduct Fallout Jun 24, 2020, 22:58
Jun 24, 2020, 22:58

Except that a lot of businesses have misconduct policies with regard to such things and he's a public and visible face for the company, no nevermind that the 3rd (or 4th, or 5th...) party involved this is DEFINITELY their business. We don't know all the details, but it could also be possible that there is some tie-in to the sexual harassment allegations. Comparing that to petty theft of a candybar is at best a disingenuous comparison.

Re: Get ARK: Survival Evolved and SAMURAI SHODOWN NEOGEO COLLECTION
Jun 11, 2020, 15:59
Re: Get ARK: Survival Evolved and SAMURAI SHODOWN NEOGEO COLLECTION Jun 11, 2020, 15:59
Jun 11, 2020, 15:59

Re: Ark single player. Depends on what you're looking for, Ark's combat is pretty one dimensional compared to something like Conan, but where it shines is with mods and building. Some of the construction mods add some truly incredible architecture/building options, which leads me to my question: how good is the mod support in EGS? I would avoid playing Ark without mods, as its kinda blech otherwise.

Re: System Shock Demo
May 28, 2020, 15:31
Re: System Shock Demo May 28, 2020, 15:31
May 28, 2020, 15:31

Definitely better than the previously released alpha/demo, but the slowdown issues are still there, whenever I'd open a door the game would slow to a crawl for a few seconds then spring back to normal speed. Still, definitely enjoying it overall, though yikes I died in the exact same spot I did the first time I played SS1... you'd think I would learn after all these years.

Re: Evening Interviews
May 13, 2020, 17:31
Re: Evening Interviews May 13, 2020, 17:31
May 13, 2020, 17:31

After reading that... I'm not sure they grasp what "walled garden" actually means? Plus I read nothing about how it benefits the customer just "unifying competing elements" and "benefiting developers." Also terrible reference to the Magna Carta...
Having said that, a new UE isn't a bad thing.

Re: XCOM: Chimera Squad Announced; Coming Next Week
Apr 14, 2020, 22:12
Re: XCOM: Chimera Squad Announced; Coming Next Week Apr 14, 2020, 22:12
Apr 14, 2020, 22:12

It also takes place after 2, so it, at least to me, felt like it was a nice fit as humans come to grips with all the alien footsoldiers that were left behind; I also like that its a nice dose of xcom to tide us over until 3 is released.

Re: XCOM: Chimera Squad Announced; Coming Next Week
Apr 14, 2020, 17:17
Re: XCOM: Chimera Squad Announced; Coming Next Week Apr 14, 2020, 17:17
Apr 14, 2020, 17:17

I made the mistake of looking at the steam forums for this title, since I have enjoyed virtually all X-com games since Enemy Unknown (3 and interceptor being the exception and TFTD was a bit ehhh without mods); the vitriol being spewed about this game is bizarre, and I will not make that mistake again. Also threw 10 bucks since hey, its Xcom and I actually like the art style.

Re: Borderlands 3 to Support Cross-Play Between Steam and Epic Games Store
Mar 5, 2020, 20:48
Re: Borderlands 3 to Support Cross-Play Between Steam and Epic Games Store Mar 5, 2020, 20:48
Mar 5, 2020, 20:48

Hilariously though, the change has broken TPS and BL2 for a lot of people, and made it completely impossible to cross-play with mac... oops.

Re: Project A is VALORANT: Due This Summer
Mar 2, 2020, 12:06
Re: Project A is VALORANT: Due This Summer Mar 2, 2020, 12:06
Mar 2, 2020, 12:06

Beamer wrote on Mar 2, 2020, 11:32:
Cutter wrote on Mar 2, 2020, 11:29:
"creativity is your greatest weapon"

So people fight with paint brushes?

Yes, because the only creativity in the world is painting.
Maybe they use colored pencils too?

Re: Op Ed
Feb 28, 2020, 14:32
Re: Op Ed Feb 28, 2020, 14:32
Feb 28, 2020, 14:32

Cutter wrote on Feb 28, 2020, 12:48:
It's a high magic world so no surprise there. You can rez in D&D, Jedi come back as ghosts, so why not WoW?
This. Also I highly contest Variann's death, it wasn't badass or anything, and he was definitely not a "long time" lore character, most alliance on my server really didn't like him and resented his displacing Bolvar. Lets also not forget Sylvanus's literal plot armor...

Re: Riot Games Lawsuit Reset
Feb 25, 2020, 20:44
Re: Riot Games Lawsuit Reset Feb 25, 2020, 20:44
Feb 25, 2020, 20:44

Except that it was repeatedly proven that these women were being harassed, directly or indirectly; Riot was told to knock it of, they didn't... Even without being told to knock it off the ENTIRE onus of fixing said behavior should be on the shoulders of the employers, not the employees.

When the employers are the ones engaging in said behavior or doing diddly about it, suing is often the only option (I could see union pressure being brought in but that's contingent on where you work and how good your union is).

Re: Video Game and Tech Workers Unionization Campaign
Jan 8, 2020, 12:23
Re: Video Game and Tech Workers Unionization Campaign Jan 8, 2020, 12:23
Jan 8, 2020, 12:23

Except even with a contract there's a great deal of grey area that can allow those hiring contractors to futz with (I'm going with literal general contractors for construction here, but it applies to other fields). Unless you have a legal team on your side, the fine print is going to be lost on you, and guess what... that's something unions provide.
I was part of UFCW years ago, and had several negative experiences with the shop boss and management, mostly that they were protecting someone that drank on the job then ran a forklift, broke freight palettes all the time (forcing us to repack them, something that is NEVER fun), and were generally behind on freight schedule. The union protected this dingus, and this really soured me on unions for years. Enter the teacher's strike and NEA; teachers were getting shit on by everyone, other teachers, admin, and especially parents. Yes, teachers should be answerable and beholden to parents, but when you hear comments like "yeah well, you're just a babysitter with a degree" (not to myself, but directed at a friend at a PTA meeting), it's disgustingly patronizing and ignorant.
NEA helped organize the teachers, protected them from backlash from admin (usually failure to renew contracts for bs reasons), protected provisional teachers, ensured benefits remained untouched, and forced through a COL raise that most districts had been refusing to grant. Yes it still is far from perfect (Arizona, I'm looking at you), but without unions you'd massive turnover from even the most dedicated teachers, creating a revolving door that benefits no one, the students the least of all.

Re: Morning Patches
Oct 21, 2019, 13:24
Re: Morning Patches Oct 21, 2019, 13:24
Oct 21, 2019, 13:24

ZZZ yeah, they disabled the Telesto (which is horrible timing since one of the Iron Banner pursuits requires kills with a fusion rifle, Telesto made it a lot easier) when it was coupled with ashes to assets because the little glowballs Telesto shoots were being counted as "units," allowing people to get infinite supers. Kinda funny but yeesh they reacted FAST (within an hour or two of the first vid appearing on youtube).

Re: Blizzard Addresses blitzchung Controversy; Reduces Penalties
Oct 12, 2019, 13:45
Re: Blizzard Addresses blitzchung Controversy; Reduces Penalties Oct 12, 2019, 13:45
Oct 12, 2019, 13:45

The specific views expressed by blitzchung were NOT a factor in the decision we made. I want to be clear: our relationships in China had no influence on our decision.

Except that if you change what blitzchung said to "Bring back the dramatic chipmunk!" no one would've thought much of it.
I get it, Acti-Blizz has a responsibility to its shareholders and not reacting to this would probably tank business in China, but call a spade a spade, this happened because of what blitzchung said.

Re: BDSM: Big Drunk Satanic Massacre Lets Loose
Oct 11, 2019, 18:35
Re: BDSM: Big Drunk Satanic Massacre Lets Loose Oct 11, 2019, 18:35
Oct 11, 2019, 18:35

jdreyer wrote on Oct 11, 2019, 17:13:
That doesn't look like a very realistic depiction of Hell.

Hell, by definition, is a world where Blues News doesn't exist. Devil

QFT! I'd have to go and find out gaming news on my own, scary!

Re: Morning Metaverse
Oct 2, 2019, 13:51
Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 2, 2019, 13:51
Oct 2, 2019, 13:51

I'm guessing it went away and came back (because I remember hearing about this awhile ago as well)? I like the comment "algorithms can't be bigoted," and while this wasn't taken directly from youtube, and I want to give youtube the benefit of the doubt, human beings most certainly can be.

Re: Out of the Blue
Sep 25, 2019, 11:33
Re: Out of the Blue Sep 25, 2019, 11:33
Sep 25, 2019, 11:33

Yikes... The article doesn't give many details, but wouldn't the sinus searing smell be a bit of a give-away?

Re: Borderlands 3's Successful, Buggy Launch
Sep 24, 2019, 12:30
Re: Borderlands 3's Successful, Buggy Launch Sep 24, 2019, 12:30
Sep 24, 2019, 12:30

Except that comparing EGS year one to Steam year one is a false comparison, as EGS is not operating in a vacuum. Steam was terribad for several years; Epic has years and years of data (buying patterns, store layout, etc etc...) it could've analyzed and integrated into their store. They could've avoided several glaringly obvious shortcomings that can't be excused in this day and age; they didn't, and that's on them.

Going for exclusives is a good stop-gap to address said pitfalls, but saying people shouldn't be upset when 3rd party games move shop with little or no warning.

As for BL3, I view this as a good beta test as well as a chance for a few DLCs to come out in 6 months. I'm very suspicious of the top 5 comment, but maybe it's how my Twitch app is curated, but there was only 1 Bl3 streamer up there (I mostly watch warframe streams), and a heap of WoW Classic streams (don't get that one...). Saying it broke pre-order records without showing numbers is also specious, as this could be records for an fps, a 2k game on EGS, or similar.

Re: Out of the Blue
Sep 22, 2019, 17:18
Re: Out of the Blue Sep 22, 2019, 17:18
Sep 22, 2019, 17:18

Icewind wrote on Sep 22, 2019, 15:45:
There was a place me and my ex loved to eat in, little italian restaurant. Had amazing ziti and gave you homemade garlic bread dipping sauce on a plate. They were always poorly staffed and food took over an hour to get to your table, so it was destroyed on Yelp. They closed down and in my old town, which didn't have many places to eat, that was pretty much it. We used to go to a diner two towns over after that. They were good but the food tended to be undercooked.

It's hard to find a good place to eat out anymore. I just make my own meals and occasionally go to this family run pizza place nearby when I feel like eating out with the family.

Happens here a lot as well, as we're a stopping point on a major state highway, and we get a lot of people from Seattle that can be bit... *ahem* unrealistic in their service expectations (best way I can put it, several of the really good local places are tiny and have limited staff and hours, so they're not always convenient to eat at, but always worth it).

They'll get bombed in yelp reviews because a drink was "slightly different" than what they expected (not making this up, someone posted that about some kind of margarita), or the food took a bit longer than they thought it should.

I echo what others have said Blue, either let em know anonymously, or if you're me, go in, show em the receipt from last time and say hey we like it here, but such and such was off, just don't go full Karen Tongue (worked in food service for several years, and I actually took a bit of pride in my work, so if I screwed up, I genuinely wanted to know).

Re: Shenmue III Backer Steam Key Plans Hazy
Sep 20, 2019, 12:55
Re: Shenmue III Backer Steam Key Plans Hazy Sep 20, 2019, 12:55
Sep 20, 2019, 12:55

As much as I like to talk trash about EGS, Ys Net seems to be making one fumble after another. Dumping the blame onto Valve (granted I don't know the details and I do know from older articles Valve can drag their heels hard on things) seems like an easy out when Ys Net were the ones to overturn their previous deal with kickstart backers.
Thinking
48 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  ] Older