Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 2022 (Senior)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Watch_Dogs Giveaway Joins ACIV: Black Flag and World in Conflict Freebies
10. Re: Watch_Dogs Giveaway Joins ACIV: Black Flag and World in Conflict Freebies Dec 20, 2017, 18:07 ItBurn

NKD wrote on Dec 20, 2017, 16:36:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 20, 2017, 08:51:
Maybe the 3rd game will not have us play a mass murdering terrorist nobody in any way sane can ever connect to. Wouldn't that be something....

;p

Of course, I dunno if that was intentional by Ubisoft to basically sabotage their entire plot this way in WD2, or if that was an accident.. But when behavior analysis flags him as a terrorist, then he becomes one after discovering this.... just.. wow. Tone deaf doesn't even begin to describe this plot..

At least in WD1, we played a genuine asshole, can get behind that. But in WD2 we play a terrorist, and I can't get behind that. Must be me

I've seen this criticism here before, but it doesn't make much sense. Yeah, Ubisoft The Game allows you to kill your enemies because it's a sandbox game, but you aren't forced to. I don't think there's a single person you have to kill in the game. If you're playing real stealthy, the number of people you even have to takedown at all, even with a taser, is pretty minimal. And canonically, Marcus isn't a killer.

Even if the crime prediction algorithm was able to predict Marcus' anarchist tendencies, does its accuracy make it ethical? And it's not even that accurate: Remember that Marcus got convicted of a crime he didn't commit based on that profile, before he even started looking into ctOS.

Also you're missing the dozens of other types of abuses of technology in the game, and how easily corruptable the system is. Even if it was 100% right about Marcus, which it wasn't, it still wouldn't be a vindication of the system.

The stealth/non-lethal is terrible in WD2. You can't move bodies, and when you knock someone out, they have these lengthy death animations/ragdolls and you can't predict where the body is going to end up. You can do everything perfect and the game will decide to place the body in view of other npcs and there's nothing you can do. Also, you're forced to physically go activate some things. Sometimes, you can't even use the remote controlled robots. Why??? It was awesome in WD1 when you could stand outside and never move an inch to complete the whole mission.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Far Cry 5 Montana Video
24. Re: Far Cry 5 Montana Video Dec 17, 2017, 12:10 ItBurn

Beamer wrote on Dec 17, 2017, 10:15:
Jerykk wrote on Dec 17, 2017, 04:10:
Quinn wrote on Dec 16, 2017, 12:22:
My favorite Far Cry order: 2, 3, 1, Primal, 4.

Far Cry 4 always felt like a Far Cry 3 DLC/expansion to me. I couldn't get myself to appreciate the game at all.

This game again looks like Far Cry 3 in a new setting. So far, though, it looks like I'll really love this setting.

Weird, 4 is easily better than FC3 in every way. Better enemies, better animals, better NPCs, better vehicles, better characters, better world-building, better story, more interesting terrain, better mission design. You also get the wing suit right away.

I think FC4 is in many ways the Fallout: New Vegas of the Far Cry series. FO3 left a better first impression than NV and FC3 left a better first impression than FC4. However, like FO:NV, FC4 got better the more you played it while FC3 got worse. If you didn't play much of FC4, you really ought to give it another shot.

You're 100% right, and I'd never thought about it in that way. FC4 did get better, and I remember later missions as being fun, and seriously enjoyed taking helicopters everywhere with a grenade launcher in my off-hand, just hovering and taking things out for fun.

FC3 started great, but was wearing out its welcome, and by the time I found out there was a second island I was over it. Still finished, still had fun, but I remember loving the game yet being so angry there was a second island.

For me, it's absolutely 4,3,1,2. 3 invented a new formula, 4 perfected it. We'll see what 5 does, but even a rehash will be fun for me. It'll get tiring quickly, but I would have 10 fantastic hours, if not 20, with a polished coat of paint over 4.

Well I disagree somewhat. I think that Vaas was the best character in the whole series and I think that FC3 was more focused and less all over the place than FC4 was, which made it more fun to me. It could be because I was kinda done with the FC3 formula and 4 was basically the same thing.

The thing is, I think that gameplay wise, FC3 is a step back from FC2. The economy in 3 and 4 is absolutely f***ed. Money is basically useless, your wallet is always full and you get all guns for free at the towers. You get the grenade launcher super early in FC4 and you're then an invincible god. I liked FC2's system way more with the gun jamming and the saving your money to get that shiny gun.

I also prefer FO3 over FNV

17. Re: Far Cry 5 Montana Video Dec 16, 2017, 12:29 ItBurn

Quinn wrote on Dec 16, 2017, 12:22:
My favorite Far Cry order: 2, 3, 1, Primal, 4.

Far Cry 4 always felt like a Far Cry 3 DLC/expansion to me. I couldn't get myself to appreciate the game at all.

This game again looks like Far Cry 3 in a new setting. So far, though, it looks like I'll really love this setting.

The story in Farcry 4 is probably my favorite though. It's not immediately clear after you've played the game, but when you put everything together, it's really cool. I won't get into it because spoilers.

8. Re: Far Cry 5 Montana Video Dec 15, 2017, 22:53 ItBurn

Jerykk wrote on Dec 15, 2017, 22:46:
ItBurn wrote on Dec 15, 2017, 17:17:
I'll definitely play it, but I fail to see what's different about this game gameplay wise. Looks like just a different coat of paint.

Pretty much. I definitely got that feeling from Primal, which is probably why I got bored of it so quickly. The Far Cry formula is getting stale. FC4 was the best one but at this point, I think they need to mix things up a lot more.

To be fair, Primal is probably the post-Farcry 1 Farcry with the most different gameplay. I got bored of it really quick too though. My favorites are in this order: 1,2,3,4... Not a good sign I guess...

2. Re: Far Cry 5 Montana Video Dec 15, 2017, 17:17 ItBurn

I'll definitely play it, but I fail to see what's different about this game gameplay wise. Looks like just a different coat of paint.  

News Comments > Crytek Suing Cloud Imperium
8. Re: Crytek Suing Cloud Imperium Dec 13, 2017, 20:45 ItBurn

This is going to make other devs want to use the Cryengine...  

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Year 3 DLC
4. Re: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Year 3 DLC Dec 13, 2017, 14:12 ItBurn

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 14:04:
This is a great game and still lots of people playing it online. Good to see they are still supporting it instead of just releasing a new game every year with a shit load of DLC.
It's in the top 10 of most popular games on Steam 2 yrs after release

I still like it and the new free content is cool, but I wouldn't say that they do the best job. It could be because I only play terrorist hunt, but the game seems more buggy than it was a year ago. Every update seems to break something that never gets fixed. It got to the point where my friends got pissed at the game and refuse to play. "Operation health" is pretty ironic.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Year 3 DLC
2. Re: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Year 3 DLC Dec 13, 2017, 13:08 ItBurn

Darks wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 10:56:
Seems to me they are trying to pimp out these operators. Is there really any difference between any of them? And I mean, is there really any difference that is noticeably different besides a new look.

What makes them so special that any the others cant do?

I recall playing this on a free weekend, and I really didn't care for the feel of the game, the weapons felt odd and very over sized from what I remember. It just didn't feel like the old Rainbow Siege games like Vegas and past games.

They feel different. They have different speeds, health and equipment. They all have different weapon choices and they each have one or two unique gadgets that can change the game completely. If you're extremely competitive, it's important to pay mind to which operator you choose, but at the same time, all operators are good enough and you're guaranteed to have great ones without spending any time or money on the game. Also, you don't need to get this season pass. You can unlock all operators for free by playing the game.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Giveaway Underway
13. Re: Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Giveaway Underway Dec 12, 2017, 00:32 ItBurn

It's probably the best pirate game there ever was. For most people anyway. It's not mine, because I was able to get into the Akella games, which is a pretty difficult feat.  

News Comments > Path of Exile: War for the Atlas Launches
8. Re: Path of Exile: War for the Atlas Launches Dec 10, 2017, 00:28 ItBurn

It's the same POE. Now you can burn grass.  

News Comments > In The Valley of Gods Announced
1. Re: In The Valley of Gods Announced Dec 8, 2017, 16:09 ItBurn

I liked Firewatch. A pretty good walking simulator with more interactivity than usual. I thought that the graphics were terrible though, even with the stylized look. In this one, the graphics look at least adequate and I really could go for exploring a pyramid.  

News Comments > Witchfire Announced
11. Re: Witchfire Announced Dec 8, 2017, 16:03 ItBurn

Huge Painkiller fan and I also really like Ethan Carter, so I'm pretty excited for this.

As for co-op, the Build engine games had full co-op with absolutely no sacrifices made anywhere. That was a long time ago and it was even harder to do back then because of much greater limitations. The only reason co-op is so rare these days is because of arbitrary decisions made by developers.

I worked for an AAA dev, and in a meeting they told me that they wouldn't do full co-op because it was impossible... I told them that it was possible and that's literally all it took for them to change their mind and implement it.

Edit: by arbitrary choice, I meant choose/build an engine that supports co-op natively, and then actually support it.

This comment was edited on Dec 8, 2017, 17:14.

News Comments > Morning Patches
6. Re: Morning Patches Dec 2, 2017, 12:24 ItBurn

Bub wrote on Dec 2, 2017, 07:33:
SOMA

The live action teasers were way more interesting than 90% of the game.

I thought the exploring the sunken ship was the most well done part of the game, while the rest was pretty boring typical walking simulatior in second rate FPS Shooter maps.

Great bargin bin game, no where near AAA value.

It was never priced as an AAA game. The story is what's good about the game.

4. Re: Morning Patches Dec 2, 2017, 01:12 ItBurn

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 23:26:
SOMA was awesome, but wtf, safe mode? I guess... but the monsters could be dodged/ran from anyway... Oh well, it's good if it gets more people to experience niche games like that.

It's been a year since I played SOMA, but I swear I remember most of the monsters don't even insta-kill you anyway, just knock you down and cause damage(translates to vision obstructions), which you can heal at various spots.

ItBurn, if you're not aware, Frictional Games, the guys who did SOMA, also did the Amnesia and Penumbra series. The Penumbra ones are a bit long in the tooth now, but all of their games(that I've played) are that exploratory/horror style, no real combat, just some hiding and dodging with decent to really good stories.

*EDIT* RedEye9 wtf, 1 shot hand cannon mod in Alien:Isolation?! Lol! For Shame. j/k, mods are the best thing about PC gaming.

I played and loved all their games. The instantly have my money. I have no idea, but I'm afraid they didn't make enough money with Soma. It seemed kinda under the radar, despite the cool videos they did for it. I wonder what they're going to do next. Any info?

News Comments > Seven: The Days Long Gone Released
5. Re: Seven: The Days Long Gone Released Dec 1, 2017, 17:26 ItBurn

Angrius Maximis wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 16:06:
This is PC only? Fuck that. Although its rare the PC gets any game thats considered worthy of not owning a console for.

How can you be on this site?

2. Re: Morning Patches Dec 1, 2017, 14:14 ItBurn

Please buy SOMA, I want more from those devs. I loved that game so much.  

News Comments > EA Says Visceral's Cancelled Star Wars Game Was Too Linear
17. Re: EA Says Visceral's Cancelled Star Wars Game Was Too Linear Nov 30, 2017, 03:14 ItBurn

The first part of his argument about not having enough people is kinda dumb. It's their own studio, EA decided to use 80. The rest might be true, but there's no way in hell we'd ever know coming from these people.  

News Comments > Nioh Mouse Support This Week
16. Re: Nioh Mouse Support This Week Nov 27, 2017, 15:47 ItBurn

Lorcin wrote on Nov 27, 2017, 15:43:
Squirmer wrote on Nov 27, 2017, 15:22:
How does this game have 90% positive Steam reviews? Usually a bad port gets slammed. Wolfenstein 2 is only 70% positive mainly because of technical issues, but this game gets a free pass even with no mouse support? Hard to understand.

It's a really good game? It doesn't have the overwhelming melancholy of the souls series and the action is much faster paced. I'd have picked it up day 1 on PC if I hadn't already bought the PS4 version - never finished mainly because the graphics were just horrible (I'm not used to PS4 and do struggle dropping to 1080p and below, FFXV was the same).

Personally, I don't think this needs mouse support - it will make bow's hugely overpowered.

It needs mouse support. I and many others would only play it if it did. They just have to be competent devs who actually do the work and balance the game for it.

15. Re: Nioh Mouse Support This Week Nov 27, 2017, 15:45 ItBurn

Beamer wrote on Nov 27, 2017, 15:28:
You're desperately trying to blame console players instead of ineffective/lazy devs and a reduced incentive to polish PC ports. Seriously. Reread what you wrote and tell me how "making console players look better" explains any of it.

I didn't read his post and I'm not trying to defend a position, but it's just a fact that most games that allow people using a mouse and people using a gamepad to play together either gimp the mouse or artificially improve gamepad. They have to do this in order to make the odds even. It can also creep up into singleplayer. It can be frustrating and one could claim that it was made in order to make gamepad users look better... There are definitely devs that just do a bad job and release crappy mouse controls for no excusable reason and I don't know if it's the case here.

5. Re: Nioh Mouse Support This Week Nov 27, 2017, 13:19 ItBurn

Too little too late.  

2022 Comments. 102 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo