Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 2130 (Senior)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout 76 Gameplay Trailer
4. Re: Fallout 76 Gameplay Trailer Jun 25, 2018, 21:44 ItBurn

This trailer contains 0% new anything. They literally took Todd's voice from the E3 prez.

I'm super-hyped for this game though. I love coop survival games and if this is anything like Fallout 4, which it is, it's going to be one of the best.

I'd also like more single player Fallout, but they already gave us Fallout 4. I don't want the main Beth team working on the next SP RPG to spend time on a side project like 76. 76 is a gift made by another team while the main team works on Starfield.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MS on PC Gaming
49. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jun 14, 2018, 18:08 ItBurn

Overon wrote on Jun 14, 2018, 17:54:
Phil Spencer is a bullshitter. How many times has he said this? Why doesn't someone in the bullshit games media call him out on this?

There's no such thing as games media. They're freelance marketting teams used by publishers. You can't call the BS of the people who put food on your plate.

News Comments > MS on PC Gaming
29. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jun 14, 2018, 14:13 ItBurn

The same old BS from Microsoft that I've been hearing for 17 years while they systematically keep doing worse. I don't want PC gaming to be a closed garden app store. If that's what you want, you've had tons of options for years, go play on consoles and phones! The cost of the UWP is too much.  

News Comments > Get Layers of Fear for Free
1. Re: Get Layers of Fear for Free Jun 13, 2018, 22:11 ItBurn

It's a good horror game. Won't make the top of any list though and it gets pretty predictable. For free it's well worth it.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jun 13, 2018, 13:18 ItBurn

Very informative. I hope they allow private servers for you and your friends, but it doesn't sound like it. I hope you can alter the server settings too, because the penalty for death is too small. I also don't like the progression system. I hate when you can respect everything for free at all times.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls VI Teaser
20. Re: The Elder Scrolls VI Teaser Jun 12, 2018, 12:52 ItBurn

VaranDragon wrote on Jun 12, 2018, 06:17:
Anyone else get the feel that as the years go by these big publishers and developers show us less and less actual content and still manage to increase hype more than ever?

I for one don't buy it. If you get a hard on for future games which literally show you nothing at all, you deserve the game you end up pre-ordering.

Well, a studio's reputation has to count for something. It's a really safe bet that Beth's main studio's game will be good. But yeah, never pre-order.

News Comments > Fallout 76 Trailer
31. Re: Fallout 76 Trailer Jun 12, 2018, 12:51 ItBurn

VaranDragon wrote on Jun 12, 2018, 08:43:
A survival fallout shooter? I mean why not? Its not like the last few fallout games have been much deeper than shooters anyway really. I'd be interested in this if it had first person actually. Will it have first person?

It definitely has first person. Also, when you think about it, Fallout 4 was already a survival game...

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls VI Teaser
12. Re: The Elder Scrolls VI Teaser Jun 12, 2018, 00:16 ItBurn

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 20:51:
Cutter wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 20:44:
Where the hell is that anyway? I really was hoping for Black Marsh and/or Elswyr.

YT comments were about 50/50 between guessing it is either High Rock or Hammerfell.

I really don't see why they'd make a game in High Rock because it's kinda generic and pretty similar to Skyrim. Hammerfell though, pirates. But I still don't know... Akavir is making a lot of sense too...

News Comments > ZIGGURAT Giveaway
9. Re: ZIGGURAT Giveaway Jun 11, 2018, 17:34 ItBurn

jdreyer wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 16:16:
Acleacius wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 14:39:
Yeah, fun times especially if your looking for Heretic and Hexen fix! Lighter

From the description that's what I was hoping this was. Thanks.

I really didn't get a Heretic or Hexen vibe from Ziggurat. I mean, you use staves to fight, but that's about it. Ziggurat's art style is cute. One of the most common enemy is a carrot... Pretty far from feeling like Heretic.

News Comments > Fallout 76 Trailer
24. Re: Fallout 76 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 12:36 ItBurn

This is essentially the best survival game possible. If they just keep what they had in 4 and add multiplayer, which is exactly what it looks like. I can't wait to play this in coop. I just hope you can make private games for you and your friends.  

News Comments > Dying Light 2 Announced
11. Re: Dying Light 2 Announced Jun 11, 2018, 12:33 ItBurn

I loved Dead Island, but couldn't get into Dying Light. Waaaay too much backtracking and menial tasks. Also, I haaate the weapon degradation system. Still going to keep an eye on this one.  

News Comments > ZIGGURAT Giveaway
4. Re: ZIGGURAT Giveaway Jun 11, 2018, 12:29 ItBurn

It's pretty fun, but it gets pretty repetitive after 8 hours. So yeah, worth it.  

News Comments > Anthem Trailer and Details
12. Re: Anthem Trailer and Details Jun 9, 2018, 23:51 ItBurn

Looks extremely generic and I fail to understand why I should be excited. Also, they release almost no new notable info and I can barely distinguish this trailer from the previous one. Major let down.  

News Comments > Steam Opening the Gates
27. Re: Steam Opening the Gates Jun 6, 2018, 21:43 ItBurn

I've never had a single issue caused by shovelware games on Steam. I've never been spammed by them, I've never had a hard time finding good games, I've never had a hard time filtering games, they don't hide good indie games. It doesn't take much time for enough reviews to accumulate for us to know exactly how good a game is. It's the best review system I've ever seen. I feel like I live in crazy land where everything is pink and happy and some of you live in evil fire land where you can't find a single good game when you filter by user reviews.

Let all games(except illegal stuff) get in in the hopes that they find their public. If you hate a game, don't pay for it or refund it. Hell, maybe some people actually like shitty asset flips. I know youtubers and streamers make a lot of money out of them.

News Comments > Steam Opening the Gates
2. Re: Steam Opening the Gates Jun 6, 2018, 17:26 ItBurn

This is good.  

News Comments > Diablo III Introducing Themed Seasons
10. Re: Diablo III Introducing Themed Seasons Jun 6, 2018, 12:37 ItBurn

These seasons are a joke when you compare them to PoE's.  

News Comments > Xenonauts Free with GOG.com Summer Sale
27. Re: Xenonauts Free with GOG.com Summer Sale Jun 5, 2018, 13:13 ItBurn

Beamer wrote on Jun 5, 2018, 13:09:
Yifes wrote on Jun 5, 2018, 12:57:
Beamer wrote on Jun 5, 2018, 12:34:
Don't be the delicate flower many gamers have morphed into elsewhere on the internet where saying anything other than "that's the best game ever!" is seen as an attack on a product they love. People have different priorities and different tastes, and what one sees as "depth" others can see as points of frustration.

Didn't you just say that Fallout fans who don't like FO4 aren't video game fans? Hypocrite much?

Go back to that thread. I had to explain my joke, which means it was a bad one, but it was mocking the gatekeeping I quoted, not doing actual gatekeeping. I've never played FO4 (I may get to it someday, but doubtful), but the idea that fans of Fallout 4 aren't real Fallout fans is ridiculous, and that's exactly how the original post was phrased.

My description of Fallout 4: Fans of the best game released that year can imagine improvements to it.

It was an amazing game, but they dropped 90% of the quest/dialogue/rpg system in favor of adding 90% more survival game mechanics. I can definitely understand why fans of the previous Fallout games would be mad, but I happen to love survival games, so... I still would have preferred more RPG in it though.

20. Re: Xenonauts Free with GOG.com Summer Sale Jun 5, 2018, 12:10 ItBurn

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 5, 2018, 11:48:
Beamer wrote on Jun 5, 2018, 10:02:
Anyway, what should I buy for free Sunless Sea?

Will I hate Divinity: Original Sin? I feel like probably. Maybe Shadow Warrior II, even though I thought SW1 kind of sucked. Maybe Lego Harry Potter and try to convince the GF to play with me. Maybe West of Loathing, since I feel like I played Kingdom of Loathing a decent amount back in... 03?

Or just buy Megarace, Syndicate, and Interstate 82.

Will you hate D:OS !?!? Have you gone plum loco!? D:OS and D:OS2 are great RPGs, with great turn based combat systems. D:OS was a little rough on day one of release, but it's been remastered/patched/whatever quite a bit, and is a truly excellent RPG now.

All of those choices are great, although I'd give Shadow Warrior 2 the lowest priority, personally. I enjoyed it, but they tried to do too much with too low a budget, I think.

I don't know man. In the modern world we find ourselves in, putting the time and effort that the Divinity games require seems impossible. You really need to be patient with them in order to reap the payoff. Shadow Warrior 2 on the other hand is better in every way compared to the first game(except story) and is really easy to pick up and enjoy. It's also a totally different game compared to the first one. Get a quest, kill some monsters, get some loot, level up, rinse repeat.

The Lego games aren't my thing. It was fun for the first 3 hours, but when I realized there was nothing else to the gameplay, I was done. And Megarace, how can anyone like this game? It's essentially a cinematic where the only controls are sliding left or right. There's almost no game. There's a lot of people who enjoy it for some reason, but I can't imagine anyone nowadays remotely liking it.

13. Re: Xenonauts Free with GOG.com Summer Sale Jun 4, 2018, 17:38 ItBurn

Jivaro wrote on Jun 4, 2018, 17:26:
It always amazes me the level of detail in your memories regarding games. I can't even remember my strategy in a game from last year let alone 1994. Like, I played XWING v TIE FIGHTER and the first couple Civ games endlessly for years. Now I couldn't tell you much about them now except that I loved them for 2 or 3 reasons each. My strategy or story details or things like that? Not a chance. At least I am old enough now at 44 to start blaming it on age. As good an excuse as any.

I have really bad long term memory and can't remember details, but I can remember how I felt about things with pretty good accuracy.

10. Re: Xenonauts Free with GOG.com Summer Sale Jun 4, 2018, 16:19 ItBurn

Beamer wrote on Jun 4, 2018, 16:06:
ItBurn wrote on Jun 4, 2018, 15:41:
The first XCom was more about using the technologies you liked and to customize everything.

Do you mean the 1994 X-COM or the 2012ish XCom?

I feel like both were about abandoning old tech asap. In the original, rifles and HE went out the window to plasma then heavy plasma, maybe with a detour to laser if you had time (and I sometimes had a few units with laser just to blast holes everywhere.) In the newer one, more or less the same, though I remember it less well despite playing through 2.5 times.

I don't remember ever really using old tech in any game if I could help it, and in the original, I'd bypass tech like lasers more often than not.

Could be faulty memory of mine on the 2012 Xcom. Which I loved.

I meant the first ever XCom game. It's been a while, but it definitely felt like original XCom had a real sense of customization while the new one felt more like linear unlocks.

2130 Comments. 107 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo