Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 1576 (Pro)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Quake Champions Announced
30. Re: Quake Champions Announced Jun 13, 2016, 15:47 ItBurn

Quake live isn't a sequel to Quake 3, it IS Quake 3. Of course people don't play it anymore, it's frickin' old!  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Quake Champions Announced Jun 13, 2016, 11:30 ItBurn

Trevellian wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 11:23:
SimplyMonk wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 11:20:
Trevellian wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 11:09:
Thanks for not making a Quake game, Bethesda.

In all honesty though, what is a Quake game? Quake 1 is nothing like Quake 2 is nothing like Quake 3. Even the fan base is divided just be responses in this thread. A lot of people liked Quake 3, but I hated it and much prefer the atmosphere and style of Quake 1.

I'd like an actual sequel to Quake 1. The strogg stuff was okay in 2 and 4. But I liked the Quake 1 aesthetic. I want gothic cathedrals and shotguns.

Not this mess, which I don't even have to play, just listen to the guy talk at the conference about how each character has it's own special abilities, just like Overwatch, to know it's not a Quake game and I don't care about it. They're just jumping on the Hero shooter bandwagon.

This is clearly the sequel to Quake 3, not Quake 1 and 2. Quake 3 had a wide array of "heroes". They all had the same abilities, so it wasn't a hero shooter, but it's not such a big jump from Q3 to give each of them a special ability. The fact that they said it would be PC only(so far), makes me believe that there's a chance it'll be a good sequel.

8. Re: Quake Champions Announced Jun 13, 2016, 10:57 ItBurn

It's Quake as a hero shooter... It sounds bad, but I think it could be ok. As long as there's no loadout and that you can pickup weapons on the ground, it should be ok.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Breach Mode Revealed
14. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Breach Mode Revealed Jun 9, 2016, 09:24 ItBurn

Beamer wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 09:09:
ItBurn wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 00:20:
Also, no interest in the Breach thing... I don't really understand why it's there.

A few reasons:

*[It's more content]*

*[People like digestible challenges to repeat and master.]*

*[It will likely force people to play a way they otherwise wouldn't and experience aspects of the game they otherwise wouldn't]*

*[Some of the devs had free time while other aspects of the game were polished and tweaked, and this gave them a way to keep busy and create valuable content while they waited on other parts.]*

They could have worked on more content in the base game, or started working on an expansion or did any number of other things, like adding polish that seems to be missing in the hub trailer. I want Deus Ex, not this random other game. I don't understand why it's there. I never asked for this...

13. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Breach Mode Revealed Jun 9, 2016, 09:19 ItBurn

nin wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 08:37:
ItBurn wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 00:20:
Also, no interest in the Breach thing... I don't really understand why it's there.

I'm starting to think you're the new stinging velvet.

Googled "stinging velvet" and found nothing... It's not the worst superhero name I guess.

5. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Breach Mode Revealed Jun 9, 2016, 00:20 ItBurn

I'm still very excited, but everything seemed a bit glitchy and unpolished to me. Also, no interest in the Breach thing... I don't really understand why it's there.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 SF Setting and November Release Revealed?
8. Re: Watch Dogs 2 SF Setting and November Release Revealed? Jun 8, 2016, 09:38 ItBurn

Creston wrote on Jun 7, 2016, 19:51:
nin wrote on Jun 7, 2016, 18:21:
Creston wrote on Jun 7, 2016, 17:34:
SF is a fun town as a setting, so I hope they fix the absolutely abysmal looking driving (especially on motorcycles) for WD2.

That was my biggest gripe as to why I couldn't get into it. Worse driving I've playing in a game, even worse than GTA4.

I never even played it because of that. I saw a video of a motorcycle slamming into a car, and the guy just stayed seated on the bike even though he spin like 16000 times and slammed into a wall. It was retarded. It looked like Outrun back in the 90s.

I thought that GTA IV had the best driving of any of those games and it was one of the best things about the game. It required a bit of getting used to, but to me it improved immersion and was more fun. Huge let down that GTA V changed it.

News Comments > Paragon Essentials Edition Released
2. Re: Paragon Essentials Edition Released Jun 7, 2016, 13:12 ItBurn

So wrong  

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Countdown
8. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Countdown Jun 6, 2016, 21:01 ItBurn

Loved the first one. It was better than GTA V in my opinion.  

News Comments > Blood Kickstarter Possible
23. Re: etc., etc. Jun 6, 2016, 15:57 ItBurn

Task wrote on Jun 6, 2016, 15:56:
Never heard of Blood, is that bad?

So in my quest to see if it's on GoG, I found something called - "Blood: One Whole Unit Blood" with Doom like graphics. I assume that's the one.

Yup.

21. Re: Blood Kickstarter Possible Jun 6, 2016, 15:41 ItBurn

jdreyer wrote on Jun 6, 2016, 15:31:
Necrophob wrote on Jun 6, 2016, 12:37:
I loved playing Blood coop and deathmatch. As long as the new game would be like the first Blood, and nothing like the abortion that was Blood 2.

So Blood:New Blood as Doom:Doom 4?

Doom 4 did a lot of things right, but I don't want the new Blood to be like Doom 4.
- I don't want constant glory kills. They slow things down and removes that satisfying one-shot kill that Blood does so well.
- I want more open levels. Doom 4 had few of them, classic Doom and Blood were almost made exclusively of them.
- I don't want predictable constant door-locking arena battles with respawning enemies. Enemies should be all over the place and respawning should be rare as it's very cheap and lazy.
- I want more than 10 enemies on screen at once.
- The game needs to have the pushing, bouncing and sliding physics of classic Blood, which are entirely missing from Doom 4 and add so much fun.

18. Re: Blood Kickstarter Possible Jun 6, 2016, 13:15 ItBurn

I think that if a new Blood came out, I would actually shed tears of joy. It's a tough road ahead though, because as Jace says, the game was a testament to the talent of everyone who was involved. Would be hard to get such a team together.

Check out my Blood maps if the website ever comes back to life: maps

This comment was edited on Jun 6, 2016, 13:46.

News Comments > Hard Reset Redux Released
20. Re: Hard Reset Redux Released Jun 4, 2016, 11:14 ItBurn

Vio wrote on Jun 4, 2016, 09:20:
$2.20 in my zone, I like shadow warrior so I assume I'll like this.

I loved shadow warrior and I really didn't like hard reset...

News Comments > Hard Reset Redux Released
6. Re: Hard Reset Redux Released Jun 3, 2016, 13:25 ItBurn

Why???

Played the original and didn't really like it. It felt like a student project at times.

News Comments > etc., etc.
11. Re: etc., etc. Jun 3, 2016, 09:40 ItBurn

*** DELETED ***  

News Comments > etc., etc.
10. Re: etc., etc. Jun 3, 2016, 09:40 ItBurn

I'm one of those who think that reality is probably a simulation. I read a news item a month ago(probably completely false) that said that a study proved that reality doesn't exist until you measure it. To me this sounded an awful lot like a procedurally generated world in a video game. So, it's probably best we stop exploring, because the simulation might run out of ram and crash.

33 here. Gamed all my life and will game 'til I die.

News Comments > Project Highrise Trailer
1. Re: Project Highrise Trailer Jun 2, 2016, 12:11 ItBurn

I really liked sim tower, so I'm interested in this. I immediately don't like the art style though. It makes it really hard to distinguish what things are.  

News Comments > Witcher III: The Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Released
20. Re: Witcher III: The Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Released May 31, 2016, 15:45 ItBurn

descender wrote on May 31, 2016, 15:32:
Other than "the controls", what exactly is Witcher combat lacking in that you guys are expecting to find?

IMO All 3 games have had pretty interesting combats systems in their own right (the unpopular QTE system from the first game was consistent and well done IMO)... but if you aren't playing Witcher games on at least hard that requires potions to survive... you're only cheapening the experience for yourself. I could see slash slash slash sign not being very fun... or if you have to constantly roll to keep track of the enemies...

I must have played some other game.

I'm not getting back into that hundred page discussion. But compared to other games, Witcher 3 has dramatically more complaints about the combat.

13. Re: Witcher III: The Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Released May 31, 2016, 13:08 ItBurn

ForgedReality wrote on May 31, 2016, 13:05:
ItBurn wrote on May 31, 2016, 11:41:
I'll be playing them eventually, in super easy mode, because the combat is terrible.

I don't know why people say this. The combat is fine. Have you even played the game? You want to dumb it down because it's "terrible," or you just lack the proper skill and it's too "hard?" Hmm...

Played the game, completed it and did much of the side content. Combat is a chore and isn't fun. It's the first game, ever, where I turned down the combat difficulty in order to complete it faster. It's not me, it's Witcher 3. Not that the combat was good in Witcher 1 and 2, but at least I didn't turn it down in these games.

6. Re: Witcher III: The Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Released May 31, 2016, 11:41 ItBurn

I'll be playing them eventually, in super easy mode, because the combat is terrible.  

1576 Comments. 79 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo