Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 2049 (Senior)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Sets Sail
18. Re: Sea of Thieves Sets Sail Mar 20, 2018, 15:01 ItBurn

Looks cool, but Windows 10 store, so no thanks. Not interested in encouraging limited app gardens.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Patches
5. Re: Morning Patches Mar 19, 2018, 17:02 ItBurn

jdreyer wrote on Mar 19, 2018, 16:27:
Beyond some cool lighting effects, what else does this offer?

Bug fixes, mod support(including 3d models), new terrain system, grass, higher view distance, improved interface, etc. There's already a bunch of mods that improve the textures and add 3d models for almost every object. If this ever gets done, one could release a much improved Daggerfall.

News Comments > Morning Patches
2. Re: Morning Patches Mar 19, 2018, 11:45 ItBurn

I've been watching this from a distance and it seems pretty good. I'm not sure I see it being finished though.  

News Comments > Dead in Bermuda Free on Origin
3. Re: Dead in Bermuda Free on Origin Mar 16, 2018, 15:40 ItBurn

Can't be bothered to remember my Origin password.  

News Comments > The Witcher's Geralt Joining Soulcalibur VI
3. Re: The Witcher's Geralt Joining Soulcalibur VI Mar 15, 2018, 17:57 ItBurn

Jivaro wrote on Mar 15, 2018, 17:29:
Sounds odd but that actually seems like it could be pretty fun. Provided he has his own unique style and isn't just a psuedo copy of another character's template.

There's a video of gameplay out. He seems to use a fighting style that is pretty close to what's in the Witcher games. He looks pretty faithful and has the voice actor. I feel like there's definitely something off about his look, but it's no big deal.

News Comments > BUILD2 Engine Released
5. Re: BUILD2 Engine Released Mar 10, 2018, 13:51 ItBurn

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 10, 2018, 13:29:
So why use this instead of Unity or UE4?

I am asking honestly here, what's the point of a CPU engine?

The advantage of the build engine is that it's much easier to use and you really don't need any modeling experience to make great levels. I absolutely love the Build engine, but I still think that if you're going to make a shooter, you should use Unreal or Unity. Learning these new engines will be much more useful in the long term and they have infinitely more features. I'm not sure who the Build2 engine is for. The charm of the Build engine was the crisp pixelated sprites and textures. This new engine is blurry and is trying to emulate newer 3D engines that already do it better. But I have no idea, maybe the right person can make an amazing game with it.

News Comments > The Division 2 Revealed
14. Re: The Division 2 Revealed Mar 8, 2018, 14:34 ItBurn

They only thing they need to do for this to be great is to dramatically up the variety.  

News Comments > On CHRONO TRIGGER PC Issues
8. Re: On CHRONO TRIGGER PC Issues Mar 5, 2018, 16:57 ItBurn

These ports should be handled by fans.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
13. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 22, 2018, 17:01 ItBurn

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 22, 2018, 16:21:
ItBurn wrote on Feb 22, 2018, 15:56:
There's just never been another FPS ARPG with this level of complexity and I doubt it'll ever happen again.

...The Division.

Mostly joking, I only played Hellgate:London briefly during a beta or alpha period, although one of my coop buddies did get suckered into buying the lifetime Hellgate pass, or whatever it's called. He's playing The Division with me these days, I should probably get his opinion on the two games, if he can remember enough about Hellgate.

That said, I'm sure Blizzard will do an HD conversion of Diablo 2 eventually, just to make a quick 500 million for themselves.

The Division is an ARPG, so you can compare them, but the Division's systems are extremely simple compared to Hellgate's.

9. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 22, 2018, 15:56 ItBurn

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Feb 22, 2018, 12:58:
ItBurn wrote on Feb 22, 2018, 12:19:
I absolutely love Hellgate. It's by far my favorite Diablo clone ever. I don't understand how someone could hate it. Perhaps it was because it was hyped too much or it was too buggy on launch.

So I never played it 4 months after release because it was a horrible horrible buggy mess. Monsters would get stuck in spots and your weapons wouldn't register hits. I remember the chat interface for online was like an after thought and the online portion was completely unplayable due to horrible servers.

How long did you play it for?

I played every iteration over a period of years. I couldn't really tell you how much time I put in, but it's a lot. I never had the weapons not registering hits problem, but the game sure had a lot of bugs. That wasn't a problem for me though, just like Skyrim's infinite bugs aren't a problem for most people. You could say that Skyrim is an open world, so it justifies the bugs, but I think that Hellgate also justified them. It had full multiplayer, very complex loot and skill systems, rooms filled with more monsters than probably any fps ever and had all that run at acceptable performances.

There's just never been another FPS ARPG with this level of complexity and I doubt it'll ever happen again.

4. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 22, 2018, 12:19 ItBurn

PHJF wrote on Feb 22, 2018, 11:39:
Never played Hellgate... I'd like to try it now to see what the lack of fuss was about.

I absolutely love Hellgate. It's by far my favorite Diablo clone ever. I don't understand how someone could hate it. Perhaps it was because it was hyped too much or it was too buggy on launch.

News Comments > Path of Exile Bestiary Details
11. Re: Path of Exile Bestiary Details Feb 20, 2018, 19:58 ItBurn

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 20, 2018, 18:58:
Wallshadows wrote on Feb 20, 2018, 18:31:
Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 20, 2018, 16:47:
So, are you deleting your items, your currency, and your characters at the end of each league?

I actually do this. I can't even remember the last time I stepped foot in Standard because I don't see the point. This is just how I feel though as I know standard is still pretty popular especially among mirror services and whatnot.
Okay, color me impressed -- it would be interesting to know what portion of the game population does what you do. While I understand there is some additional fun in starting over with new game updates it's all the "little" stuff, like leveling the Masters, which annoys me. But hey, different strokes for different folks. If you are having fun that's all that matters, right? Power to the people!

I definitely think that if you're playing normal, you're in the minority.

5. Re: Path of Exile Bestiary Details Feb 20, 2018, 13:18 ItBurn

Alamar wrote on Feb 20, 2018, 12:56:
ItBurn wrote on Feb 20, 2018, 12:33:
Yeah, the beast thing seems like a chore, but maybe it's cool. I gotta say, it feels like this update came too soon. I just got a character to start doing the harder end game content and now I have to scrap him for the next league.

It's not like you're forced to start over... Characters move to standard... The biggest change in Standard is currency values... And a ton more access to uniques, legacy and new.

Not much interesting my in this league... Hard to top the addition of 6 acts worth of content though : )

What? Why would you play standard when you can play a much more interesting league? This isn't a question.

3. Re: Path of Exile Bestiary Details Feb 20, 2018, 12:33 ItBurn

Yeah, the beast thing seems like a chore, but maybe it's cool. I gotta say, it feels like this update came too soon. I just got a character to start doing the harder end game content and now I have to scrap him for the next league.  

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Co-op Event Next Month; Ubisoft Plans a Decade of Support
7. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Co-op Event Next Month; Ubisoft Plans a Decade of Support Feb 19, 2018, 18:24 ItBurn

Kxmode wrote on Feb 19, 2018, 18:21:
The debris looks like a dragon.

It's the game's version of the L4D tank. All the enemy types

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Co-op Event Next Month; Ubisoft Plans a Decade of Support
5. Re: etc. Feb 19, 2018, 17:43 ItBurn

Rhett wrote on Feb 19, 2018, 16:52:
I was kinda looking forward to this event, but it looks really, really boring. I expected something better than a crappy L4D ripoff.

Though I do like the way they're handling games now. I've seen some real improvements, especially to The Division.

I dunno, I'm actually really impressed by their L4D ripoff. Wasn't expecting something that good. I just don't get why it's only available for a couple of weeks. Also, I wish they'd do an actual coop campaign. I would help in silencing those who hate R6 because it's not a real Rainbow Six game.

News Comments > Steam Wishlist Changes and Lunar New Year Sale
7. Re: Steam Wishlist Changes and Lunar New Year Sale Feb 16, 2018, 01:01 ItBurn

I like the extra information, but like most people, I hate the fact that the game boxes are huge. You have to scroll infinitely to get through the wishlist. Displaying only a handful of items from a list on screen at once is a cancer in the UI world.  

News Comments > The Evil Within 2 Adds First-Person Mode
3. Re: The Evil Within 2 Adds First-Person Mode Feb 14, 2018, 22:56 ItBurn

Awesome. I have almost zero interest in third person horror, but oh man I love first person horror. I'm getting it on sale. (edit: a bigger sale :p)  

News Comments > Get Dead Space for Free
7. Re: Get Dead Space for Free Feb 13, 2018, 23:44 ItBurn

The PC port is absolutely atrocious. Skip.  

2049 Comments. 103 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo