Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 1783 (Pro)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout 4 DLC Plans; Season Pass Price Jump
59. Re: Fallout 4 DLC Plans; Season Pass Price Jump Feb 17, 2016, 15:37 ItBurn

Fion wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 15:16:
I do agree the combat is improved over prior games in the series but frankly that is the ONE thing that is improved. Virtually everything else is worse.

Crafting and base building are also vastly improved to the point where they are one of the central pillars of gameplay. They improve exploration greatly and keep you engaged in the game longer. When comparing FO3 and 4, a lot of things are now dumbed down, yes, but what really happened is that they completely changed what type of game Fallout is. It's now a survival(crafting and resource gathering heavy) open world shooter with RPG elements instead of an open world RPG with shooter combat. I do hate that it did that, but it's still a great game. Fallout 3 was very different from FO1 and 2 too... We'll just have to get our deep RPGs somewhere else.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

53. Re: Fallout 4 DLC Plans; Season Pass Price Jump Feb 17, 2016, 13:03 ItBurn

Yifes wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 13:00:
ItBurn wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 12:54:
What? The only thing in this list that Fallout 4 doesn't excel in is the progression system. It's as bad as the Witcher's. But, for previous Bethesda games, I'd give you "combat and movement", but no way I'm giving you "boring exploration". The progression system is only bad since Oblivion. It was good in all previous elder scrolls.

I actually haven't played FO4, so I'm basing this off of FO3, Oblivion, and Skyrim. I don't plan on playing FO4 any time soon, as I cannot imagine an even more dumbed down version of FO3.

The exploration is boring for example, in Skyrim, because after you explore a few of the dungeons, the rest is just just copy and paste, with the same reused assets and puzzles. Also, you finish a decent lengthed dungeon, fight a boss, and you get some trash loot in the end. It really makes the experience forgettable and not worth repeating. It's fun for the first ~10 hours, then it gets really boring.

Valid points. Exploration is rewarding gameplay-wise though(mostly because of crafting and base building), so that's why I like it I guess. They still put a lot of originality in every location in FO4 despite a lot of the same building blocks being reused. Combat and movement were vastly improved in FO4. It now feels pretty close to a real shooter.

51. Re: Fallout 4 DLC Plans; Season Pass Price Jump Feb 17, 2016, 12:54 ItBurn

Yifes wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 12:50:
ItBurn wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 11:56:

Horrible combat and movement, boring exploration, annoying "in your face" side missions, bad progression system.

That's how I feel about Bethesda games, except they lack the great story or dialogue.

What? The only thing in this list that Fallout 4 doesn't excel in is the progression system. It's as bad as the Witcher's. But, for previous Bethesda games, I'd give you "combat and movement", but no way I'm giving you "boring exploration". The progression system is only bad since Oblivion. It was good in all previous elder scrolls.

50. Re: Fallout 4 DLC Plans; Season Pass Price Jump Feb 17, 2016, 12:52 ItBurn

Creston wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 12:37:
ItBurn wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 11:56:
Creston wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 11:45:
ItBurn wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 10:23:
It's my clear GOTY.

I very much enjoy FO4, but GOTY over Witcher 3? No.

Witcher 3 is a 7.5 for me. Great story, dialogue and choices and graphics. Horrible combat and movement, boring exploration, annoying "in your face" side missions, bad progression system. I got really bored and annoyed with it mid-game and just set the difficulty to easy and quickly completed the main quest.

You are a very, very bad person!!!

My opinion angers lot of people, but I gots to be real. When it comes to games, I'm more of a gameplay guy than a story guy. I'm a fan of the Witcher world. Read some of the books and played all the games, but it's always the same, I get real bored of it mid game, but then I have to push and finish them and then it becomes worth it. Gwent though, omg, my favorite thing about the game.

47. Re: Fallout 4 DLC Plans; Season Pass Price Jump Feb 17, 2016, 11:56 ItBurn

Creston wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 11:45:
ItBurn wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 10:23:
It's my clear GOTY.

I very much enjoy FO4, but GOTY over Witcher 3? No.

Witcher 3 is a 7.5 for me. Great story, dialogue and choices and graphics. Horrible combat and movement, boring exploration, annoying "in your face" side missions, bad progression system. I got really bored and annoyed with it mid-game and just set the difficulty to easy and quickly completed the main quest.

40. Re: Fallout 4 DLC Plans; Season Pass Price Jump Feb 17, 2016, 10:23 ItBurn

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 10:19:
Task wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 10:13:
GOTY it won't be called. FO4 won 0 GOTY awards (for good reason - its a popamole shooter). My prediction is that it will instead be called "Fallout 4 Definitive/Ultimate Edition" or something similar.

That'd be my guess. The entire storyline is mediocre, the building stuff? Neat. But at that the game ranks out at a 6/10.

Sadly Bethesda, you guys haven't figured out that trying to milk people like this is just going to increase piracy.

I won't defend the major dumbing down that Fallout 4 got in the RPG department, but they pushed a long way into other parts of the gameplay. It's no longer really a Fallout game to me, it's more of a mix of Farcry and an open world survival game. With that being said, the game is pure fun. It's my clear GOTY.

37. Re: Fallout 4 DLC Plans; Season Pass Price Jump Feb 17, 2016, 10:12 ItBurn

It's pretty easy to deal with season passes. If you're a huge fanboy, get it as soon as possible, because it's usually cheapest. If you're a regular fan or not that big of a fan, don't buy it on release. Wait for the DLCs to be announced, and then decide. For Fallout 4, the DLCs have just been announced and I think that the season pass price right now is definitely worth it. I wouldn't buy it for 60$ though. No need to freak out.  

11. Re: Fallout 4 DLC Plans; Season Pass Price Jump Feb 16, 2016, 18:14 ItBurn

descender wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 18:12:
If you support/purchase any Season Pass DLC you are far too stupid for words.

Has there ever even been one that ended up being a "good deal" with enough content to justify that type of advanced pricing?

A lot. All Borderlands come to mind.

6. Re: Fallout 4 DLC Plans; Season Pass Price Jump Feb 16, 2016, 18:06 ItBurn

The thing I'm most excited for is the survival mode. I'm not sure how excited I am about starting over though... I'm definitely getting DLCs anyhow. Spent 130 hours in base game.  

News Comments > Layers of Fear Released
9. Re: Layers of Fear Released Feb 16, 2016, 10:07 ItBurn

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 06:01:
I don't understand why Indy devs haven't jumped on this and merged randomized open world survival horror with rogue-lite elements...

While I'm not sure exactly what you mean and while it's not that scary, you should look at 7 days to die.

News Comments > Layers of Fear Released
4. Re: Layers of Fear Released Feb 15, 2016, 22:19 ItBurn

I completed the incomplete version like 3 months ago. I was disappointed that the game is more about jump scares than constant horror like Amnesia or Alien Isolation. You quickly start to expect the scares and they're very predictable. The game also gets repetitive pretty fast. I still had fun. The game is pretty and the atmosphere is good. This isn't the next big horror game, but it's a nice little diversion.  

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Feb 15, 2016, 10:39 ItBurn

Quantum Break. I don't care that it's not on Steam, competition is good. What pisses me off is them forcing us to use Windows 10. And then they lie, pure lie about why it's not on Steam. There's absolutely no technological or legal reason that the game can't be on Steam or Windows 7. Ubisoft has been doing exactly what they claim for a long time for example. Microsoft doesn't give a shit about PC gamers, in fact, they wish they didn't exist. They want everyone to play on their closed xbox platform. The only reason they are porting Quantum Break is to force people to switch to Windows 10 software prison edition and try to make more people use/buy the xbox. You can't be surprised that they'd want make people pay more and control them, but what's infuriating is that they constantly lie to us about how they care about PC gamers and how they're being so great to us lowly peasants.

Quantum Break and Fable Legends both look like shit, so I'm not going to have a hard time resisting their gracious offer...

News Comments > On DOOM's Campaign Length
18. Re: On DOOM's Campaign Length Feb 14, 2016, 21:18 ItBurn

Aero wrote on Feb 14, 2016, 20:39:
When Rage was doing it's straight-forward linear shooter thing, I thought it was excellent. It was all the rest of it that got in the way and dragged it down. The most recent Wolfenstein game was similarly excellent when it was just doing the shooter thing.

Rage was terrible in my opinion. Close up textures were inexcusably abysmal, enemies were ridiculous bullet sponges, there were dumb invisible walls everywhere, levels were TOO linear and it was overall tedious and slow.

News Comments > PC Need for Speed in March
14. Re: PC Need for Speed in March Feb 12, 2016, 09:46 ItBurn

No manual transmission, no cockpit view = no sale  

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Feb 9, 2016, 10:09 ItBurn

This is actually sad. I would watch their shows daily at lunch. While I rarely agreed with them, they were great people and I'll actually miss them. I hope they continue making videos in some capacity.  

News Comments > XCOM 2 Invades
2. Re: XCOM 2 Invades Feb 5, 2016, 10:50 ItBurn

Seems like they improved everything BUT the base building and the research and technologies, which are the only two things that I wanted improved...  

News Comments > DOOM in May
24. Re: DOOM in May Feb 4, 2016, 14:32 ItBurn

nin wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 14:28:
ItBurn wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 14:21:
jacobvandy wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 14:15:
Primalchrome wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 14:13:
Sorry to rain on the grousing parade.....but the execution quicktimes are optional.

Thank the sweet baby Jesus for that...

Actually, instead of dying, enemies sometimes enter a "stunned" phase where you need to do one of these animations or do an extra attack to take them down for no reason. You're still constantly going to have to pause to finish off enemies.

If accurate (I've not seen either way) that's fucking bullshit...

Just look at the E3 2015 gameplay demo link. They start flashing red or blue and if you kill them at a certain time you get ammo or health. It's total BS. The satisfaction of killing is interrupted and you need to slow everything down.

21. Re: DOOM in May Feb 4, 2016, 14:21 ItBurn

jacobvandy wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 14:15:
Primalchrome wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 14:13:
Sorry to rain on the grousing parade.....but the execution quicktimes are optional.

Thank the sweet baby Jesus for that...

Actually, instead of dying, enemies sometimes enter a "stunned" phase where you need to do one of these animations or do an extra attack to take them down for no reason. You're still constantly going to have to pause to finish off enemies.

17. Re: DOOM in May Feb 4, 2016, 13:47 ItBurn

SirKnight wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 13:38:
From what I saw in the two MP alphas, you are MUCH better off playing the old Dooms with Zandronum and Brutal Doom or Quake Live on STEAM. If Doom was like Quake Live or even UT it would be worth it.

As it is, wait until a sale and get it for the single player...if the reviews are good that is.

I've been playing A LOT of Doom 2 with GZDoom and Brutal Doom using some custom map packs. Most fun I think I've ever had with FPS's and way better than any modern FPS by far.

Brutal Doom *insert map pack here* is the best fps I've played in years for sure. Have you ever played Blood? I feel like a lot of Brutal Doom's inspiration comes from that. Blood is my favorite game of all time.

4. Re: DOOM in May Feb 4, 2016, 11:46 ItBurn

nin wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 11:43:
Too many canned animations for stomping/chainsawing/eye punching, etc...

Honestly, this just makes me want to go replay the original two...

Do it with Brutal Doom! Totally fresh experience while still being the old Doom you loved.

1783 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo