Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 1650 (Pro)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Need for Speed PC Needs More Time
14. Re: Need for Speed PC Needs More Time Sep 14, 2015, 17:15 ItBurn

JediPunisher wrote on Sep 14, 2015, 16:53:
Krovven wrote on Sep 14, 2015, 16:31:
They need 4-6 months to unlock the framerate? Incompetent much?

No, they are afraid poor PC reviews will hurt sales of the console versions, so they are trying to put some distance between them.
Expect EA to release the same crappy PC port in a few months.

Words of wisdom from a longtime PC gamer: If you want to play a console game, buy a console.

I prefer the vote with my wallet solution where I don't encourage companies that make bad ports.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Quote of the Day
22. Re: Quote of the Day Sep 14, 2015, 16:41 ItBurn

InBlack wrote on Sep 14, 2015, 16:16:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 14, 2015, 14:01:
I would rather they drop the story altogether.

Why? HL1 had an awesome story. HL2 wasn't that great but it was still pretty good. Im not really sure what you're on about...maybe you got it confused with Doom?

I don't mean remove all story. I just mean, drop the current HL2 storyline. I didn't like the way characters and the story was done in HL2. It was better in HL1.

News Comments > Need for Speed PC Needs More Time
3. Re: Need for Speed PC Needs More Time Sep 14, 2015, 14:34 ItBurn

There's no way this is a good game. I also refuse to play if either of these 3 things are in the game:
- Nitros that straighten or improve control of your car
- No manual transmission
- Races that start with you already speeding.

14. Re: Quote of the Day Sep 14, 2015, 14:01 ItBurn

I would rather they drop the story altogether. Half-Life should be about dropping you into an alien setting where you're alone and figuring out what is happening for yourself. It's not about characters, dialogue, relationships and being the hero of the resistance. Half-Life 2 was a good game mechanically, but to me it wasn't anywhere as good as the first game in all other respects. ND would go all out in the wrong direction I think.  

5. Re: Quote of the Day Sep 14, 2015, 10:17 ItBurn

I know alot of you like Naughty Dog's games, but I wouldn't want them handling HL3. Their style of game absolutely doesn't fit with HL. I'm not a fan of their interactive movies.  

News Comments > The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Redux
4. Re: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Redux Sep 11, 2015, 19:55 ItBurn

I really liked it. It's better than Dear Esther, but Gone Home is way better. I'm not sure how I feel about the story, but it's a BEAUTIFUL game. If this version looks better, it must be crazy beautiful.  

News Comments > SOMA Creature Trailer
10. Re: SOMA Creature Trailer Sep 11, 2015, 10:57 ItBurn

Jerykk wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 03:07:
I have a feeling this won't be as well-received as Amnesia. Apparently many of the controversial design choices in A Machine For Pigs were mandated by Frictional, not The Chinese Room. From what I understand, SOMA (like AMFP) is focused more on psychological horror than outright terror. I'm perfectly okay with that (I enjoyed AMFP) but I think many people will want to be scared rather than disturbed.

I agree.

Also, I refuse to watch any media of it before it releases... I trust Frictional.

News Comments > Shovel Night Free Update Next Week
8. Re: Shovel Night Free Update Next Week Sep 10, 2015, 17:30 ItBurn

Graham wrote on Sep 10, 2015, 17:26:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 10, 2015, 10:15:
So, I don't like this game. I don't hate it, but it's just meh. My biggest gripe is dying. You lose your cash, sometimes in infuriating ways. This is an extra penalty for dying and it's unnecessary. Sometimes it dangles your cash over impossible to reach obstacles, taunting you. The gameplay itself is also meh. I don't like how the guy moves and attacks, probably because I've played a lot of better platformers. The collisions don't really make sense either sometimes. I don't get why people like this game so much. I guess it's worth 5-10$. 6.5/10

You're talking about Dark Souls, right?

Also - git gud, scrub.

hehe.

I pretty much 100%ed all Megaman Zero games. If you want hard platformers, try these. The controls and everything are sooo much better than in Shovel. Also, dying in MMZ isn't as frustrating. Sure, you have a specific amount of lives, but at least if you finish, you feel like you actually finished. If you finish a level in Shovel after dying a couple of times, you feel like you lost valuable gold that you can never get back. You feel bad about succeeding... Terrible design. But that's just me

6. Re: Shovel Night Free Update Next Week Sep 10, 2015, 14:32 ItBurn

ItBurn wrote on Sep 10, 2015, 14:10:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 10, 2015, 13:56:
How does this compare to Rogue Legacy? I don't really like platformers, but I do like Rogue legacy.

Well they're very different games.

Shovel is only a platformer. It has a bunch of static levels that you do somewhat in succession. It doesn't really have stats or loot and it has almost no customization. The gameplay is more akin to an old nintendo game.

Rogue Legacy is a rogue-like first and foremost, with a lot of stats, loot and customization. The castle is completely random. It has less variety and the platforming itself is more modern and more forgiving.

I liked Rogue Legacy a whole lot more and I'd say they're too different to compare.

If you liked Rogue Legacy, I suggest that you try any of the 2D Castlevanias starting from Symphony of the night. So, Symphony of the night on ps1/psp and all the others are on GBA and DS. They're simply the best games of that type. Huge castles, lots of stats and loot. They're not rogue-like, but everything else is so similar. Sadly, no other games have quite scratched that itch for me. The next big thing is Bloodstained, from the creator of all the Castlevania games.

5. Re: Shovel Night Free Update Next Week Sep 10, 2015, 14:10 ItBurn

jdreyer wrote on Sep 10, 2015, 13:56:
How does this compare to Rogue Legacy? I don't really like platformers, but I do like Rogue legacy.

Well they're very different games.

Shovel is only a platformer. It has a bunch of static levels that you do somewhat in succession. It doesn't really have stats or loot and it has almost no customization. The gameplay is more akin to an old nintendo game.

Rogue Legacy is a rogue-like first and foremost, with a lot of stats, loot and customization. The castle is completely random. It has less variety and the platforming itself is more modern and more forgiving.

I liked Rogue Legacy a whole lot more and I'd say they're too different to compare.

1. Re: Shovel Night Free Update Next Week Sep 10, 2015, 10:15 ItBurn

So, I don't like this game. I don't hate it, but it's just meh. My biggest gripe is dying. You lose your cash, sometimes in infuriating ways. This is an extra penalty for dying and it's unnecessary. Sometimes it dangles your cash over impossible to reach obstacles, taunting you. The gameplay itself is also meh. I don't like how the guy moves and attacks, probably because I've played a lot of better platformers. The collisions don't really make sense either sometimes. I don't get why people like this game so much. I guess it's worth 5-10$. 6.5/10  

News Comments > Dragonís Dogma: Dark Arisen PC Plans
25. Re: Dragonís Dogma: Dark Arisen PC Plans Sep 9, 2015, 14:56 ItBurn

Verno wrote on Sep 9, 2015, 14:16:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 9, 2015, 13:52:
Sure, but these 2 guys specifically said that they would rather play on a PS4 or XBone. They could instead just plug their PC on a tv and use a gamepad and have all the PC advantages, but that's another story.

For some people the logistics of that setup don't work for various reasons. Game streaming over wi-fi is far from reliable. Many people can't hardwire their living room. Some people live in apartments where radio spectrum is crowded which can impact streaming and so local console style play is preferred. The Steam Link isn't exactly in wide distribution yet even if it was an option. Many people don't have HTPCs.

Should I keep going? There are a myriad of reasons why someone doesn't just do that or prefers a console setup. I hardwired my living room to accommodate game streaming for my HTPC. Despite that I still own consoles because they have exclusives, some games are better integrated into their online platforms and so on. It's not one size fits all.

Ok sure, but my questions still stands These two guys want to play on their couch and on a console. This is by and large a PC site. I'm just curious :p

22. Re: Dragonís Dogma: Dark Arisen PC Plans Sep 9, 2015, 13:52 ItBurn

Verno wrote on Sep 9, 2015, 13:47:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 9, 2015, 12:36:
I'm curious, why are you guys on a PC centric site if you prefer console games?

Some people like both.

Sure, but these 2 guys specifically said that they would rather play on a PS4 or XBone. They could instead just plug their PC on a tv and use a gamepad and have all the PC advantages, but that's another story.

18. Re: Dragonís Dogma: Dark Arisen PC Plans Sep 9, 2015, 12:36 ItBurn

I'm curious, why are you guys on a PC centric site if you prefer console games?  

11. Re: Dragonís Dogma: Dark Arisen PC Plans Sep 8, 2015, 23:39 ItBurn

Hm, this is Capcom, be wary.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Hearts of Stone Preorders
10. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Hearts of Stone Preorders Sep 8, 2015, 23:37 ItBurn

It was a challenge to finish the original game... I enjoyed it, but it's one of these games where it concluded and I don't actually want more Fallout 3 and Fallout NV where like that too, except that I liked those games better :p  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 8, 2015, 11:41 ItBurn

I have a 3 year old i5 and I run everything at maximum or close to maximum... There really is no reason to upgrade right now, and I probably won't have to do it until the next console cycle, exactly like I did last time with the 360 and ps3.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 8, 2015, 11:00 ItBurn

There's no reason to buy a new PC when all the games are console ports and require a 10 year old PC.  

News Comments > METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN Released
16. Re: METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN Released Sep 1, 2015, 21:49 ItBurn

Drayth wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 20:50:
Cliffsnotes.

Wow that made no sense. Sounds made up by a 5 year old.

News Comments > METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN Released
1. Re: METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN Released Sep 1, 2015, 18:00 ItBurn

The game is 75 canadian... Even more than Fallout 4... That's a little too much.  

1650 Comments. 83 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo