Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 1649 (Pro)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Astroneer Announced
4. Re: Astroneer Announced Oct 7, 2015, 23:51 ItBurn

Looks like "just another" survival/crafting indie game to me. Except it's third person and low poly.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout 4 Intelligence Trailer
2. Re: Fallout 4 Intelligence Trailer Oct 7, 2015, 17:58 ItBurn

I took two days off to play this.  

News Comments > No Man's Sky on Late Show
3. Re: No Man's Sky on Late Show Oct 4, 2015, 14:19 ItBurn

Overon wrote on Oct 4, 2015, 14:11:
They are really trying hard to attract a younger audience. I think it's overhyped.

It's definitely overhyped. I mean, I think it's going to be a pretty good game, but people think it'll be the best game ever. They got too much hype, too early; people will be let down. Even if the game is great, people won't be able to see it and this could potentially lead to this being their last game. I've seen this happen over and over. But who knows.

News Comments > The Beginner's Guide Begins
2. Re: The Beginner's Guide Begins Oct 2, 2015, 00:25 ItBurn

Just finished it. I was a fan of Stanley Parable, but I didn't feel like this one was worth the money.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Employees "Speak Out"
45. Re: Star Citizen Employees Oct 1, 2015, 22:14 ItBurn

Well, one thing's for sure, Chris Roberts is a strong person to be able to endure all this negativity and keep on working. His team also I guess! I hope the project won't be affected too negatively by this stress.  

News Comments > U.K. Digital Refund Law
6. Re: U.K. Digital Refund Law Oct 1, 2015, 12:38 ItBurn

Creston wrote on Oct 1, 2015, 12:22:
ItBurn wrote on Oct 1, 2015, 10:28:
Yeah, but how can we know what's a broken game and what isn't? And how can we make sure people don't abuse the system by just buying and getting refunds after completing the game, in a loop?

It's a subjective decision, for sure, but an ironclad return policy helps deal with that. If a game generally works well for most people but for some unfortunate few it doesn't, they can get refunds.

As for the complete game/get refund conundrum, that's very simple. Make sure your game can't be finished in under five hours.

Well, some people claim the new system would be 30 days... That's enough time to complete many games.

4. Re: U.K. Digital Refund Law Oct 1, 2015, 10:28 ItBurn

Creston wrote on Oct 1, 2015, 10:11:
Good. It's about time we start doing something about these crappy publishers that sell games that are plain broken.

Yeah, but how can we know what's a broken game and what isn't? And how can we make sure people don't abuse the system by just buying and getting refunds after completing the game, in a loop?

I guess I'd get answers by reading the legislation, but who wants to read legislation.

1. Re: U.K. Digital Refund Law Oct 1, 2015, 10:02 ItBurn

All this text doesn't really mean anything. I'd like to know the actual real effects this will have.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Early Play Bonus Scrapped
2. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Early Play Bonus Scrapped Oct 1, 2015, 09:59 ItBurn

How about you give me the whole game instead of f-ing with me with preorders and extra fees?  

News Comments > Stanley Parable Follow-up The Beginner's Guide Tomorrow
2. Re: Stanley Parable Follow-up The Beginner's Guide Tomorrow Sep 30, 2015, 12:43 ItBurn

Loved both versions of Stanley Parable. Definitely interested in this. But is it a followup/sequel or an entirely different game? It's not clear.  

PC Gaming > Favorite Local Coop and MP Games
5. No subject Sep 29, 2015, 19:10 ItBurn

I've been on Blues for a loooong time. I had no idea there was a forum... The site is so... well made

I've played a lot of coop games in my time, but here's a list of some games I've spent at least a hundred hours playing in coop :

- Diablo 1, 2 and 3
- Borderlands 1 and 2
- Minecraft and all the mods
- Terraria
- Freelancer
- Hidden and Dangerous, perhaps the best coop game ever
- 7 days to die, simply the best zombie/crafting/building/survival game out there.
- Hellgate London
- CS, recently CS:Go, with bots. They're dumb, but it's so much fun to kill hordes of them.
- Half-Life svencoop, so many different modes and maps
- Blood, Duke Nukem 3d and Shadow Warrior. The epitome of coop fps.

I see you said single screen... Haven't played those that long.

News Comments > SOMA Movie
8. Re: SOMA Movie Sep 29, 2015, 11:09 ItBurn

Frijoles wrote on Sep 29, 2015, 10:49:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 29, 2015, 09:40:
It's also the best horror game.

I didn't get much horror feeling from it, but I'm not done yet. It feels more like an exploration game to me. Sure there's a few spots that I could feel the hairs stirring, but mostly it was "Huh, wonder what that is" or "that looks neat" or "somebody had a bad day here".

Yeah, definitely, but there haven't been many good horror games. There's definitely spots that are as scary as Amnesia though.

News Comments > SOMA Movie
6. Re: SOMA Movie Sep 29, 2015, 09:40 ItBurn

Soma is a masterpiece. What's the best story of 2015 so far? Life is Strange, Witcher 3, Metal Geat V? It's Soma. It's also the best horror game. It's not perfect though.

Edit: I haven't seen this video yet, but you may not want to spoil yourself.

This comment was edited on Sep 29, 2015, 10:19.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
23. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 28, 2015, 12:31 ItBurn

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 28, 2015, 12:12:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 28, 2015, 10:35:
Sure. They did surveys, they showed that there was a lot more demand for Star Citizen. That's all I wanted to say.

What surveys? I am backer and never heard of any..but then I really don't stalk the horrible SC forums.

I filled one myself like a year ago.

19. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 28, 2015, 10:35 ItBurn

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 28, 2015, 10:24:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 28, 2015, 09:44:
I personally don't care about SQ42. I want Star Citizen, and most people are in the same boat as me, so that's why they don't focus on SQ42.

I disagree. The vast majority of people are not black&white like that but they want to play both, Squadron 42 and the PU, which perfectly corresponds with the game's original vision which is you join the military, play through the SP campaign and then become a (civilian) citizen at the end to continue your life in the PU.

People might have a preference for S42 or the PU (for me it's S42) but the people who do not care at all for either the SP or MP aspect of the game are the exception. Most of us want to play both.

Sure. They did surveys, they showed that there was a lot more demand for Star Citizen. That's all I wanted to say.

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 28, 2015, 09:44 ItBurn

InBlack wrote on Sep 28, 2015, 05:59:
CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 28, 2015, 04:14:
Well, Roberts still is with Squadron 42... at least theoretically...

Roberts had plenty of time (and money) to focus on SQ42. Instead he chose not to, and is paying the price I'd say. The further decision to split SQ42 into episodic content has only cemented my belief that SQ42 will probably never see the light of day.

I personally don't care about SQ42. I want Star Citizen, and most people are in the same boat as me, so that's why they don't focus on SQ42.

If you guys want a good multiplayer open-world space sim like Elite, go with Freelancer multiplayer. It's a blast with friends. It's more about combat, missions and exploration than commerce though. That's vanilla Freelancer. There's a bunch of huge mods that probably improve the other activities.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Endurance Video
16. Re: Fallout 4 Endurance Video Sep 28, 2015, 09:16 ItBurn

Jerykk wrote on Sep 27, 2015, 07:27:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 25, 2015, 09:37:
jimnms wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 21:27:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 09:49:
F3 was better than FNV.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic, trolling or serious. Fallout 3's story was ridiculously stupid. After my first play I was scratching my head, but the stupidity of it didn't really set in until my second play through.

I'm serious. F3 had a better world, it looked more like a wasteland and was more fun to explore. Its quests were also more dynamic, there were more instances where you could complete them how you wanted.

Wha... the quests in FO3 weren't dynamic at all. Most of them were pretty linear. NV's quests, on the other hand, had plenty of branching paths and multiple solutions.

As for FO3 being more fun to explore, I'll concede that its locations were more superficially interesting. They all revolved around zany gimmicks, like a cave full of badass kids or a town built around a nuclear bomb or a tower full of rich people. Unfortunately, once you started thinking about these locations and how they fit into the world and lore, you quickly realized that they were nothing more than silly gimmicks with no real logic or cohesion. The opposite is true of NV. Initially, most of its locations aren't that interesting. However, once you start thinking about them and how they fit together, you begin to appreciate how everything is connected and how well-crafted the lore is. Everything in NV makes sense.

I wasn't talking about the quests leading to different outcomes, I was talking about the quests being solvable in different ways and being more "open". In NV you have very specific ways of doing a quest. There were some branching paths, but still, each branch had a very specific way of doing it. In F3, you could complete the quest in a variety of ways, completely organically. The quests felt more real/fun because you actually chose how to do it and the game reacted appropriately. In NV, if you chose to complete the quest in a way that wasn't planned by the designer, the game will penalize you or prevent you of doing it outright, with the sh*tty faction system for example.

Yes, the story and world of NV made more sense, but if you're looking for "sense" in the world of Fallout, you're a bit crazy. For example, the combination of technologies they have and the difference of progress between ai, digital computing and nuclear power are impossible. Also, if they had AI so advanced, the world would be totally different. Also, they ignore all the complex transformations that would happen to a society that used those technologies. They just take the current world and switch what kind of tech they use to offer different machines and they're done. I'm playing video games and I want to have fun. Maybe you think that if the story makes a bit more sense, it's more immersive? Well for me it isn't. I need an immersive world and fantasy. F3 has this post apocalyptic wasteland where you felt like you were the first one discovering ruins. NV was had a thriving society where you felt like you were late to the party.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Progression Details
9. Re: Fallout 4 Progression Details Sep 25, 2015, 10:09 ItBurn

Task wrote on Sep 25, 2015, 09:54:
From the little I understand about this - apparently in the various special trees, there are different perks for gun types. I don't know where it would be, so for instance, there is separate perk trees for "bolt action rifle" or "pistol" in Agility or Strength or whereever they have most of the guns. In a lot of ways its very much like Skyrim's Star Tree, where you wanted more damage or some perk thing for Archery, you had to spend points in that. Its a lot of visual pazaz, but from my general observations it seems kind of unbalanced with 0 level cap - where you can simply have ALL of skills/perks in every tree with enough grinding.

"Levelling is experience point (XP) based like Fallout 3, not skill-based like Skyrim. But levelling speed is closer to Skyrim, and not as slow as Fallout 3." (source) - In other words leveling is presumably much easier. They then go on to claim, "Fallout 4 has no level cap, and we’ve balanced the game to keep the content and challenge going for higher levels."

Anyways, I don't really much nice things to say about FO4. Except, I will admit one thing, the Gunplay actually looks way better than FO3 or NV. It no longer looks stiff and utterly atrocious, but I found out they actually got help in-house from ID Software giving them tips on how to actual "FPS" with Gunz. Which is why it looks like a Fallout version of RAGE. For a shooty-shooty Fallout game, I may look into it 2-3 years from now when its 5 bucks.

If this were reddit or youtube, I'm sure I would be downvoted into Oblivion for not liking FO4 that much. *Shrug*

I think Blue's is probably the place on the internet with the most FO4 hate. You'll be ok. I think you have to be insane to hate on Bethesda's games. Maybe you want more Call of Duty?

You can't get all perks at level 0, there's level caps to everything and also some perks require other perks.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Endurance Video
13. Re: Fallout 4 Endurance Video Sep 25, 2015, 09:37 ItBurn

jimnms wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 21:27:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 09:49:
F3 was better than FNV.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic, trolling or serious. Fallout 3's story was ridiculously stupid. After my first play I was scratching my head, but the stupidity of it didn't really set in until my second play through.

I'm serious. F3 had a better world, it looked more like a wasteland and was more fun to explore. Its quests were also more dynamic, there were more instances where you could complete them how you wanted. Also, the reputation system in NV was broken and had a negative impact on the game. I once got a loss of reputation for a faction after killing someone, when we were completely alone at the bottom of a dungeon... NV had some better things, like the hardcore mode, but overall it was less fun. I didn't think the story in NV was much better.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Progression Details
5. Re: Fallout 4 Progression Details Sep 24, 2015, 23:05 ItBurn

At first, I was a bit mad that they removed skills, or simplified things even further, but the more I learn about it, the more I'm OK with it. I just hope it's not all just +5% gun damage... I hope it still supports proper customization and specialization and forces you to make tough choices. It was a bit weird that your SPECIAL stats would affect your skills. And they'd have to add dialogue options for skills, but also for stats, which was weird too. Maybe with this more focused system, they can improve the ways your stats affect the world... But most of all, this is Bethesda, so I guess I gotta trust them.  

1649 Comments. 83 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo