Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 1779 (Pro)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Free Trial This Week
8. Re: Dishonored 2 Free Trial This Week Apr 4, 2017, 00:53 ItBurn

NamecaF wrote on Apr 4, 2017, 00:43:
ItBurn wrote on Apr 4, 2017, 00:32:
RedEye9 wrote on Apr 3, 2017, 20:31:
Trials / Demos, whatever you want to call them, they sell games.

I'm pretty sure that almost every developer agrees that demos released near or before the game release are a terrible idea. People who like the game will already be buying it and people who are on the fence have a bigger chance of being satisfied with the demo or not liking it than generating a sale. It's better for devs to do a big sale later. Here they're making a demo a while after release. While it's not as bad as before release, I don't see how it could be a good idea. I doubt that any significant amount of people are going to pay full price for the game after all this time. A big sale would be better. I expect they're going to have a sale too, but then why waste resources on a demo? Maybe they think that their sale numbers are low because marketing failed and that if people play it they'll see it's good. I don't think so. Maybe they're hoping for this to generate buzz on Youtube and Twitch? The demo might be a good idea for that...

Horseshit. You think games like Doom would have got anywhere without the Shareware model? Plenty of games people are on the fence about and hold off buying day 1 could translate into instant sales if they could play a demo before release. I guarantee.

Doom? It's 2017, not 1993. Yes, there's people who will buy games because of a demo, but you'll lose more potential sales than you'll gain. Edit: It's more about the sales not being worth the extra work than the losing of potential sales.

This comment was edited on Apr 4, 2017, 01:19.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Free Trial This Week
6. Re: Dishonored 2 Free Trial This Week Apr 4, 2017, 00:32 ItBurn

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 3, 2017, 20:31:
Trials / Demos, whatever you want to call them, they sell games.

I'm pretty sure that almost every developer agrees that demos released near or before the game release are a terrible idea. People who like the game will already be buying it and people who are on the fence have a bigger chance of being satisfied with the demo or not liking it than generating a sale. It's better for devs to do a big sale later. Here they're making a demo a while after release. While it's not as bad as before release, I don't see how it could be a good idea. I doubt that any significant amount of people are going to pay full price for the game after all this time. A big sale would be better. I expect they're going to have a sale too, but then why waste resources on a demo? Maybe they think that their sale numbers are low because marketing failed and that if people play it they'll see it's good. I don't think so. Maybe they're hoping for this to generate buzz on Youtube and Twitch? The demo might be a good idea for that...

News Comments > Agents of MAYHEM in August
15. Re: Agents of MAYHEM in August Apr 4, 2017, 00:22 ItBurn

Creston wrote on Apr 4, 2017, 00:03:
Agent-Zero wrote on Apr 3, 2017, 20:27:
Creston wrote on Apr 3, 2017, 17:47:
Agent-Zero wrote on Apr 3, 2017, 14:23:
still want that proper sequel to Red Faction 2 btw.. fuckin A that would be good

Did you not like RF: Guerilla?

thats what i meant... is 2 before that one?

Yeah, Guerilla is technically Red Faction 3. There were two sorta ho-hum straight level shooters before Guerilla.

I agree though, I'd love another RF Guerilla. Imagine Guerilla in something like Frostbite. Drool

I thought that Red faction 2 was terrrrible compared to the first. Red Faction 1 is the best of the bunch by far in my opinion. Destructible terrain is where it's at. The one with destructible buildings was such a repetitive, brown and bland bore fest. THe underground one isn't even worth mentioning. If you're looking for engines that support destruction, you're going to have to look at Minecraft clones, 7 days to die or Rainbow Six Siege.

News Comments > Agents of MAYHEM in August
8. Re: Agents of MAYHEM in August Apr 3, 2017, 12:55 ItBurn

I love me some Saints Row, but I haaaaate character switching in open world games, so I dunno.  

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Plans
9. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Plans Mar 30, 2017, 11:40 ItBurn

The game just came out guys, ease up on story spoilers. Use the secret tag.  

News Comments > Destiny 2 PC Hype?
1. Re: Destiny 2 PC Hype? Mar 30, 2017, 11:38 ItBurn

I feel that Bungie doesn't give a F about PC, but I also think that Microsoft wants people to use Windows 10, so I think that if it comes to PC, it would be because Microsoft made a deal with Bungie and it would be a Win 10 exclusive. Never really been interested in the first game, and I sure wouldn't play the second one if it was win10 only.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Images?
15. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Images? Mar 26, 2017, 11:32 ItBurn

If the only reason you didn't like COD was because of the setting, then you and me have very different tastes.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Mar 23, 2017, 01:56 ItBurn

NKD wrote on Mar 23, 2017, 00:44:
TV is a much better place for video game adaptations. Many of the better video games do a lot of world building that you can't fit into 2 hours. That was one of the main reasons the Assassin's Creed movie was so lame. It was bursting at the seams with bullshit.

Video games could have a future on TV the same way comic book shows have had a resurgence. Both involve taking kind of cheesy source material with tons of baggage and making them into (usually) pretty decent shows.

The only reason the movie was bad is because the script was bad. Stupid is a better word. I don't understand how it could have been accepted by all involved.

News Comments > Quake Champions Trailer
5. Re: Quake Champions Trailer Mar 23, 2017, 01:53 ItBurn

I've seen a lot of videos now and it looks slow, floaty and unreactive. It looks like nerf weapons and the enemies seems to mostly die with unsatisfying canned animations. Explosions are more like water balloons bursting than a violent concussion blast like they should be. Every single video is played with the gamepad, so that probably doesn't help.  

News Comments > Vulkan Multi-GPU Support for Windows
6. Re: Vulkan Multi-GPU Support for Windows Mar 22, 2017, 12:21 ItBurn

This news is soooo good when it hits your ears. so good...  

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Launches
42. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launches Mar 21, 2017, 16:15 ItBurn

Sho wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 16:06:
DangerDog wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 15:57:
Anyone expecting some sort of major overhaul to the game is just kidding themselves.

Aside from bug patches nothing major will get touched. This is going to be everyone's favorite game to hate on while they run off to play more of it.

Well, there's a precedent - they broke down and did the expanded ending patch for ME3.

That extended ending patch was a joke and didn't really change anything.

As for Zelda, In 2017, I'm not going to pay over 400$ to play a game below 30 fps and below 1080.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Reviews
35. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Reviews Mar 20, 2017, 13:17 ItBurn

So, it's inquisition in space and the problems with animations are true. I loved the first two Dragon Age, but was bored to death with inquisition. It's really sad, but I'm going to have to wait for a big sale before I get this.

Maybe I'll get Dishonored 2 instead, or maybe Prey, but it looks... bad, to me.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda 4K Trailer
18. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda 4K Trailer Mar 18, 2017, 09:22 ItBurn

There's absolutely no valid excuse for bad facial animations or the lack of shading options. They chose a technology that sucks, got shitty results and have to own it. Maybe if they used a revolutionary new technology that had some drawbacks because of how new it was, but no, it's just worse than almost any game nowadays.  

News Comments > Quake Champions Trailer
7. Re: Quake Champions Trailer Mar 17, 2017, 10:39 ItBurn

Looks slow and bland. I feel like they spent their efforts on the wrong things. Can't really see myself playing it seriously. Will try it though.  

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Early Access
22. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Early Access Mar 16, 2017, 15:28 ItBurn

Bundy wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 15:15:
Rhett wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 15:10:
ItBurn wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 13:57:
Rhett wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 13:54:
I mean some of the facial animations are odd (they can't be perfect, given the amount of dialogue), but these faces look amazing to me. I'm on all High settings, and it looks fantastic. Dunno what you guys are talking about...

Are you saying that the videos are lies?

Honestly haven't put much time into the SP, but I did the intro/pathfinder bit, and all the conversations and close-ups looked fine to me anyway. This video does point out some obvious flaws. I'm just saying that all of the animation can't be perfect. I believe it has as much dialogue as the last 3 games combined? (IIRC)

I'm getting it, anyway... the faces aren't gonna break the game for me.

Haven't played yet, but this is what I figured. Honestly if you pause any movie at any point, half the characters on screen will be caught in some stupid expression. Not that there aren't issues, I suspect people might be making more of it than what it is.

The videos I have seen are long conversations, not pauses at random times. In some of them, they talk about dramatic subjects and their faces are absolutely dead neutral. Also, in some conversations the voice acting is terrible and in others the writing makes no sense, maybe because the facial animations are so messed up.

12. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Early Access Mar 16, 2017, 13:57 ItBurn

Rhett wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 13:54:
I mean some of the facial animations are odd (they can't be perfect, given the amount of dialogue), but these faces look amazing to me. I'm on all High settings, and it looks fantastic. Dunno what you guys are talking about...

Are you saying that the videos are lies?

9. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Early Access Mar 16, 2017, 13:14 ItBurn

The writing and characters are basically the only reason I played Mass Effect. The gameplay was mind numbing. From what I've read and seen, the writing is bad and the voice acting/facial animations are bad. Reviews better be really good or I might end up skipping the game.
Edit: This mass effect isn't made by the same people/stupid(edit2: lol, I meant studio, but yeah, appropriate freudian slip).

News Comments > MS Forcing Win10 on Latest CPUs?
8. Re: MS Forcing Win10 on Latest CPUs? Mar 16, 2017, 11:33 ItBurn

WaltC wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 11:29:
I think the actual translation here is that really, really old cpus (probably ten years old or older) won't be updated by Microsoft any further in Win10 and from now on. The older cpus lack the necessary hardware for security enforcement (NX bit, etc.) People are always misunderstanding technology in some way, it seems. It won't be too long before even 32-bit CPUs are no longer supported. Progress marches on, etc.

This is absolutely not what Blue posted.

News Comments > MS Forcing Win10 on Latest CPUs?
6. Re: MS Forcing Win10 on Latest CPUs? Mar 16, 2017, 11:30 ItBurn

I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate Microsoft. It must be 10 years now since they did anything that affected me positively. I really wish we could switch OS, but those thinking Linux is an option are crazy. For a real switch to happen, you'd need the general public to do it and Linux is waaaaay too complicated and different. Stop. I know you're going to tell me it's easy and all that, but you don't live in the real world, or at least the general public world. People are used to Windows and all the Windows programs and one thing you should learn about life is that people aren't willing to change.  

News Comments > STRAFE in May
1. Re: STRAFE Next Month Mar 13, 2017, 20:51 ItBurn

It was fun for about 10 minutes... I hope they added a lot to it.  

1779 Comments. 89 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo