Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 2070 (Senior)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Xenonauts Free with GOG.com Summer Sale
8. Re: Xenonauts Free with GOG.com Summer Sale Jun 4, 2018, 15:41 ItBurn

I liked the new XCom, but I wasn't a fan of the progression and research. It felt like some technologies were flat out better in every way and there was no reason to use older ones or to even research some of them. The first XCom was more about using the technologies you liked and to customize everything. The progression also felt linear instead of you customizing things. How does Xenonauts compare?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield V Details
8. Re: Battlefield V Details Jun 4, 2018, 13:40 ItBurn

DangerDog wrote on Jun 4, 2018, 13:22:
cheat protection is going to have to be stepped up otherwise most of these improvements will just make the game even more frustrating.

shooting people through walls for example is just screaming for people to abuse that ability.

I wonder if they're planing on scaling back the player count on servers, adding so much more physics to the game is bound to have a negative effect.

R6 Siege has shooting through walls and it's fine. I love it myself.

News Comments > Battlefield V Details
7. Re: Battlefield V Details Jun 4, 2018, 13:39 ItBurn

KilgoreTrout wrote on Jun 4, 2018, 12:46:
Although, I'm a little hesitant over their concept of completely removing random deviation for bullets... surely that can't mean that guns will be laser accurate? (With of course recoil, bullet drop and travel time, but still). Are they planning on having recoil make the cross-hairs jump around, but the bullets will still be 100% accurate to that moving cross-hair?

I was also thinking about that. It's a nice idea to have the gun fire where it is pointed, but at the same time that means the first shot is always on perfectly on target if you have the time to aim. My guess is maybe your crosshair/barrel is not still but always moving slightly to simulate breathing/involuntary hand movements. Inaccurate guns may move more, or perhaps zoom in much less in ADS. We'll have to wait and see I guess, but I think it is cool that they experiment a bit and not just copy-paste from earlier iterations.

It's possible that when you shoot, there's recoil and your crosshair/view moves with it, but the shots will always go exactly at the crosshair. It would still be pretty innacurate to go full auto.

All these changes sound great. Not sure about the aiming thing, but I'm sure it'll be fine. These guys know what they're doing.

News Comments > Path of Exile: Incursion Launches
1. Re: Path of Exile: Incursion Launches Jun 2, 2018, 02:50 ItBurn

Stupid beasts  

News Comments > Mega Man 11 in October
6. Re: Mega Man 11 in October May 31, 2018, 15:59 ItBurn

I haaaate the look of this megaman. The gameplay itself looks fine, but it looks so bad that I'm not sure I can play it.  

News Comments > Fallout Tease?
8. Re: Fallout Tease? May 29, 2018, 23:26 ItBurn

Creston wrote on May 29, 2018, 22:50:
Please don't be Fallout Online...

My #1 wish is that they take Fallout 4 and add multiplayer to it. But, I don't want a new Fallout game to have multiplayer from the start, it'll corrupt it.

News Comments > Into the Black
14. Re: Into the Black May 25, 2018, 00:20 ItBurn

I rarely watched his content, but this news still left me genuinely sad. He was a loud voice and had the same interests at heart as me.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 25, 2018, 00:14 ItBurn

I hate the Rage engine. It looks horrible up close and has crazy limitations.  

News Comments > Steam Link Android App Beta
9. Re: Steam Link Android App Beta May 18, 2018, 15:26 ItBurn

chickenboo wrote on May 18, 2018, 15:18:
I'm waiting for stable release, but I'll give it a try. It's definitely not for all games, but for slower games like Into The Breach or Talos Principle or Hob, I think this might not be so bad to use given you have a tablet (or a phone) and wish to stream to it. I don't really use the feature as is, though, and we have a macbook and an Zenbook in our apartment. So streaming to my other devices isn't something I do anyway.

Still good features though.

I'm not a fighting game expert, but I tried Mortal Kombat X which is a "fast" action game and the lag didn't affect the game much. It was perfectly playable. I think the real issue is that it's pretty cumbersome to stream on my phone with no stand and carry a gamepad. It could make sense for touchscreen/mouse-only games.

News Comments > Steam Link Android App Beta
1. Re: Steam Link Android App Beta May 18, 2018, 03:24 ItBurn

It works. Not sure I can find a use for it though.  

News Comments > No Borderlands 3 at E3?
16. Re: No Borderlands 3 at E3? May 16, 2018, 17:14 ItBurn

Fan expectations too high? I love Borderlands, but from what I've seen of the two sequels, it's Gearbox who aims too low. Tons of issues and annoyances that could have been easily solved in the sequels were ignored and instead we got essentially the same game thrice.
edit: and I know Gearbox didn't directly do the pre-sequel, but the blood is still on their hands.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Resumes Development
4. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Resumes Development May 15, 2018, 21:11 ItBurn

Not much excites me nowadays(in gaming), but this does. I hope it's the real deal.  

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black May 10, 2018, 23:04 ItBurn

This is the best show.  

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Microtransactions End
2. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Microtransactions End May 9, 2018, 22:18 ItBurn

Why pay for servers when there's not enough sales to sustain it now that all the people who were gonna buy micros bought them? Might as well get some good PR from it too.  

News Comments > Conan Exiles Launches
6. Re: Conan Exiles Launches May 8, 2018, 12:46 ItBurn

Is this game any fun in PVE with a friend?  

News Comments > Jazz Jackrabbit 2 Turns 20
7. Re: Jazz Jackrabbit 2 Turns 20 May 7, 2018, 17:38 ItBurn

ViRGE wrote on May 7, 2018, 17:23:
ItBurn wrote on May 7, 2018, 16:45:
Played the games back in the day. They weren't my cup of tea. One Must Fall 2097 was a much better game with Jazz in it. Also, why the hell aren't there more Fighting games with RPG elements like OMF 2097?? That's the way to bring them to the mainstream.
Wait, Jazz was in OMF 2097? How on earth did I miss that?

And RPG elements in fighting games have given way to unique classes. Which makes it clearer to the opponent what the abilities are of a fighter.

Jazz is there, his girlfriend and the turtle are too. Link. There was a pretty deep unranked challenger mechanic in the game and you could get several skill updrages that would make your robot pull off absolutely insane things.

I want to select a fighter and upgrade him the way I want to and get money and go through some kind of open story/world. All that, but still a serious fighting game. A lot of games have tried some things, but they were either a completely new genre, or it was some kind of simple side thing with no real effort put in.

News Comments > Jazz Jackrabbit 2 Turns 20
5. Re: Jazz Jackrabbit 2 Turns 20 May 7, 2018, 16:45 ItBurn

Played the games back in the day. They weren't my cup of tea. One Must Fall 2097 was a much better game with Jazz in it. Also, why the hell aren't there more Fighting games with RPG elements like OMF 2097?? That's the way to bring them to the mainstream.  

News Comments > Activision Devoting "Significant Resources" to PC Black Ops 4
16. Re: Activision Devoting May 6, 2018, 01:08 ItBurn

They wouldn't say otherwise even if it was the opposite.  

News Comments > Utomik Cloud Game Service Launches
7. Re: Utomik Cloud Game Service Launches May 3, 2018, 14:30 ItBurn

When we get amazing internet connections(in 30 years?), these kinds of services will become the only option, but for now, with the shitty connections we have, these streaming services are almost useless. I especially don't see why this one thinks it'll be successful.  

News Comments > Valve Acquires Campo Santo
20. Re: Valve Acquires Campo Santo Apr 22, 2018, 17:50 ItBurn

jdreyer wrote on Apr 22, 2018, 17:46:
ItBurn wrote on Apr 22, 2018, 17:28:
I also don't get what Valve has to gain from this. Firewatch was a pretty good walking simulator. Not the best, but it had more gameplay than most. I can't wait for their next game though, it looks like such a rich idea.

What would you consider the pinnacle of the genre? Edith Finch?

I actually didn't play Edith Finch or Tacoma yet. My favorite so far was Gone Home.

2070 Comments. 104 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo