Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 1570 (Pro)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > New Turtle Rock Studios IP
15. Re: New Turtle Rock Studios IP Jun 20, 2016, 14:37 ItBurn

Who wants to do bets?
- Team based casual multiplayer.
- Lots of heroes with skill cooldowns, a super skill and 1 or 2 guns.
- DLC up the wazoo

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > It came from E3 2016, Part 3
8. Re: It came from E3 2016, Part 3 Jun 18, 2016, 19:13 ItBurn

Bludd wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 17:40:
ItBurn wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 17:22:
Bludd wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 17:14:
1080 is nowhere near good enough. It's not good enough for work nor for games. For work, you need more vertical resolution and for games you need more resolution in general so you can avoid blurry multi-sample AA and AA-like filters.

For work, yeah definitely, but we were talking about gaming. You're right about AA and that's why I always disable AA. If we go to 4K, we won't need AA either because the pixels will be small enough. 4K gaming IS better, but I don't see it bringing any meaningful changes to games like VR could.
The Oculus Rift has a vertical resolution of 1200 same as the HTC Vive while the Samsung Gear VR has 1440. So even the VR guys don't think 1080 is good enough.

I never said it was ok for VR. Obviously you need it to be twice as wide, but who knows about VR, maybe you need it even higher too. OK guys, I never said it was a good resolution for android vision or prosthetic eyes either...

6. Re: It came from E3 2016, Part 3 Jun 18, 2016, 17:22 ItBurn

Bludd wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 17:14:
1080 is nowhere near good enough. It's not good enough for work nor for games. For work, you need more vertical resolution and for games you need more resolution in general so you can avoid blurry multi-sample AA and AA-like filters.

For work, yeah definitely, but we were talking about gaming. You're right about AA and that's why I always disable AA. If we go to 4K, we won't need AA either because the pixels will be small enough. 4K gaming IS better, but I don't see it bringing any meaningful changes to games like VR could.

2. Re: It came from E3 2016, Part 3 Jun 18, 2016, 13:00 ItBurn

WaltC wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 12:18:
Yep, 4k-5k gaming is the near future for PC gaming. VR is destined for the same tiny niche that stereoscopic 3d gaming now fills, imo, if even to that degree.

I disagree. Honestly, 1080 is good enough. I don't see what raising the resolution will do other than a linear improvement in graphics. VR will grow, improve and get an exponential boost.

edit: Also, The Verge is now in my list of shit flamebait/clickbait sites.

News Comments > Dead Rising 4 Win10 Exclusivity is 90 Days
34. Re: Dead Rising 4 Win10 Exclusivity is 90 Days Jun 17, 2016, 17:35 ItBurn

HoSpanky wrote on Jun 17, 2016, 17:25:
ItBurn wrote on Jun 17, 2016, 17:05:
You guys are not good at history.

We're constantly accepting things that are slightly shittier, because it's not so bad, or because most people don't care. Now we have to pay 15$ for a DLC containing a new multiplayer map. Back then, maps were free and you had deep mod tools to make your own. That's ONE example.

That's a pretty terrible example. "Back then", the work involved in building a map was far, far less than it is now, UNLESS you want maps that look like shit. If that's your thing, well, then I'm super sorry for you. The level of polygonal and textural detail we now expect in a single map for a game exceeds what most games had in their entirety, "back then".

I dunno. It was really hard to make maps back then because the tools were so limited. Nowadays, it's pretty easy with the fully featured editors with deep scripting that we have. There's still some games with level editors and fans churn out tons of levels for free. Ugh, are you going to have me make a whole essay about how we got more and more shafted as years went? It's pretty obvious to me. I've lived it. I still play games and enjoy myself, but I know being a consumer was better back then. I don't have time right now to give more examples, so you'll have to find your own examples :p

31. Re: Dead Rising 4 Win10 Exclusivity is 90 Days Jun 17, 2016, 17:05 ItBurn

You guys are not good at history.

We're constantly accepting things that are slightly shittier, because it's not so bad, or because most people don't care. Now we have to pay 15$ for a DLC containing a new multiplayer map. Back then, maps were free and you had deep mod tools to make your own. That's ONE example.

25. Re: Dead Rising 4 Win10 Exclusivity is 90 Days Jun 17, 2016, 15:39 ItBurn

HoSpanky wrote on Jun 17, 2016, 15:38:
I really don't understand all the win10 hatred, aside from the overblown "they're spying on us!" shit. It tracks less about you than your phone does, and is a solid OS. I'm not excited about the Microsoft App Store crap, but that's mostly down to UWP games currently being unfriendly to high end tech (no SLI, fullscreen, or G-sync/freesync). Those issues are slowly going away, and if they get their shit straight by the time these games start rolling out, I might actually spend money on their store, specifically for Forza Horizon 3.
The exclusivity thing is a bit annoying, but whatever. It'll show up on steam in no-UWP form after that, and you'll all wait a year for it to be cheap during a steam sale anyway.

Ah, and to those who think you can weasel out of your phone tracking you: you can stop SOME of it, but not everything, same with win10. Really no difference.

From what I read, it'll show up on Steam WITH UWP.

Also, UWP has fundamental issues that can't be resolved. Mostly you can't do modding as we know it and it's basically a closed platform, like consoles.

16. Re: Dead Rising 4 Win10 Exclusivity is 90 Days Jun 17, 2016, 14:01 ItBurn

Creston wrote on Jun 17, 2016, 13:57:
This makes no sense whatsoever. Windows 10 and Xbone means it's a UWA, and then after 90 days I guess they have to redo the whole thing as a regular (whateveritscalled) regular Windows version??? (Unless of course, the whole UWA bullshit is just that: bullshit, and there is NO reason you need W10 for it.)

One thing is certain, you don't need W10 to do anything. They could put their app store on the other windows. And yeah, they have to produce a different "executable" for win 10 app store vs the other windows. But it's probably not too difficult to do.

News Comments > PC Destiny Still Possible
20. Re: PC Destiny Still Possible Jun 17, 2016, 13:24 ItBurn

Numinar wrote on Jun 17, 2016, 13:15:
Flak wrote on Jun 17, 2016, 12:36:
All this for an overhyped, console shooter?

Really? Have PC players even played Bungie games? They're so overrated it's not even funny.

Halo is good....for a console game. Qualifying it like that doesn't do it any favors either.

This comment is patently false, since the prevailing attitude seems to align more with your take on these games than how I experience them, which is in the opposite sense.

Nobody seems to have a counter about how these games are bad and which PC alternatives do what they do but better.

I would put any of the Bungie shooters with the exception of the flawed but still awesome Halo 2 up against any PC game I've played. They have always been full of great encounter design, some awesome local and internet multiplayer/co-op and other neat stuff and are a breath of fresh air compared to the army of FPS clones with their 22 weapon inventory and sensation of being a disembodied gun floating in space that have haunted the PC world since B.J. set foot in the castle.

And until Destiny (Glorious mess that it is), Bungie's derivative B grade Sci-fi was still better than valve or anyone else's attempt at a coherent narrative. Destiny's mechanics, character and level design is still best in class though so hopefully the rest of that game can catch up.

This PC elitism smacks of some kind of unfounded persecution or inferiority complex, it seems so irrational. Or maybe it's a pissing contest thing like guys who have cars with large engines? Play Diablo, Metal Gear V, Doom or Overwatch on a console and it's still a great game, not as good but are really great experiences. Quality exclusives like Uncharted or Halo that don't compromise on having to play nice on other platforms are even better. You can't play Factorio or Kerbal on consoles (yet) but more of that stuff is making it's way there as time goes on. I have no hesitation in recommending these machines to people who want to play games and don't want to spend what it takes to get a decent 1400p PC going.

They are chump change compared to the cost of a decent PC/monitor combo and are worth it for the one or two games a year that don't come to PC (or don't travel well) and as entry level gaming devices do that job really, really well. And if you are lucky you will get something like Halo which doesn't really have an equal in the PC world in terms of feature set, game modes and quality of content.

I played the original Halo. It was the blandest, most generic shooter I had seen in a while. I played dozens(more?) of better shooters. It's fine that you really liked it, but it's nothing special really. What was special about it was that it was the first shooter that worked on consoles. Consoles had never seen this type of game executed well before, so it blew up. It's true that the new Halos have some unique features, mostly(only?) their multiplayer replay system. But there are a lot of shooters that have features that the new Halos don't have.

edit: I didn't name a PC game because there's just so many that are better. I can't understand why you can't see that... I'll name Half-life 1. It was much more unique, more immersive and had a way better story delivery.

9. Re: Dead Rising 4 Win10 Exclusivity is 90 Days Jun 17, 2016, 12:32 ItBurn

Razumen wrote on Jun 17, 2016, 12:11:
ItBurn wrote on Jun 17, 2016, 12:01:
Razumen wrote on Jun 17, 2016, 11:45:
PHJF wrote on Jun 17, 2016, 10:27:
It's launching on Xbone and Win10...

Yeah, not sure how he got 1 year out of this...

The fact they're going to allow support for other versions of Windows is surprising though, MS is making a LOT of good decisions lately, makes me suspicious they have something up their sleeve later though haha

The fact that you won't be able to play it on a version of windows other than 10 for 90 days is in no way a good thing.

Um yes it is, it a LOT better than never being able to play it on any other version of Windows. I rarely buy games at full price on release anyways, so it's not a big deal to me to wait to play a SP game.

Windows 10 isn't as nearly bad as people here make it out to be anyways.

Here you can have this candy bar, but first you have to let me slap you in the face. Thanks! That's a good candybar!

7. Re: Dead Rising 4 Win10 Exclusivity is 90 Days Jun 17, 2016, 12:01 ItBurn

Razumen wrote on Jun 17, 2016, 11:45:
PHJF wrote on Jun 17, 2016, 10:27:
It's launching on Xbone and Win10...

Yeah, not sure how he got 1 year out of this...

The fact they're going to allow support for other versions of Windows is surprising though, MS is making a LOT of good decisions lately, makes me suspicious they have something up their sleeve later though haha

The fact that you won't be able to play it on a version of windows other than 10 for 90 days is in no way a good thing.

12. Re: PC Destiny Still Possible Jun 17, 2016, 11:17 ItBurn

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 17, 2016, 11:03:
Anybody that wanted to play Destiny, most likely already did on the consoles.
I don't see the point of releasing this game on the PC years after it's initial release.
Just keep your pocket change Bungie and erect a few more DLC instead of half assed pc port. It will probably be more profitable

I probably would have played the game if it had been on PC long ago, but I'm never going to buy a new console just for a game... I've had more great PC games to play than I have time to play them anyway. I wouldn't buy it if they released it now because it's too little too late. I'm going to encourage other companies who treat PC gamers better. Like others said, I won't be missing much anyway.

2. Re: PC Destiny Still Possible Jun 17, 2016, 10:14 ItBurn

At this point, you can shove it Bungie. But that's only me...  

1. Re: Dead Rising 4 Win10 Exclusivity is 90 Days Jun 17, 2016, 10:13 ItBurn

I hate you too Microsoft. I'm not interested in Dead Rising anyway.  

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Jun 16, 2016, 16:17 ItBurn

I don't want to buy windows 10 exclusives, even if they're on Steam. They're universal apps and some of their most important flaws have absolutely not been fixed. Buying them would be encouraging devs to support the app system only and that means less value for us gamers. You can kiss modding as we know it goodbye. Maybe one day I won't have a choice if I want to play PC games, but we're not there yet. There's no Win10 game announced from Microsoft I want yet either.  

News Comments > Elder Scrolls VI in Development
95. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 16, 2016, 13:48 ItBurn

Creston wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 13:36:
ItBurn wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 09:38:
That's one thing I hate about the recent elder scrolls. The fact that you can be master of all guilds and be able to do all the quests. I think it's dumb and it makes the entire leveling up systems feel useless. I want to be refused some quests because of how I built my character. Let me start a new game where I'll make different choices and build my character a different way and experience a different game. Nowadays, every game is the same, there's no real reason to restart a new one and I HATE it. Vampire the masquerade Bloodlines did it right.

I will never understand this complaint. Flat out locking people out of parts of the content because they "made the wrong choice" is the most god-awful game design possible. It virtually guarantees that some people will just shut your game off, mutter "FUCK YOU!" to the dev, and never again buy something from them.

Why can't you just stop yourself from playing those quests? If I play a mage character in Skyrim, I do the College of Magic quests, and usually the Thieves Guild quests, and that's it. I don't join the Companions as a mage.

Similarly if I play a warrior type, I don't go joining the College of Magic. (other than getting access to it so I can get access to the vendor who sells Daedric Hearts.)

I rarely even play the main quests beyond a certain point. It's so easy to have different experiences in Skyrim (or other games) by just sticking to a build and a style yourself.

You seem incapable of just stopping yourself from gobbling up every available quest, then bitching that you got too fat. How about you actually just start a different game, build a character differently, and then play a different part of the game?

I know, I know, logic.

Chill out there buddy, some people have different opinions that may still be accessed by thinking logically...

The fact that you can do these things that you character shouldn't be able to do breaks it for me. I don't want to have to "control" myself, I need my simulation to be solid. I don't want to have to think about how I could abuse it or what I should do and not do. A well designed game won't make you feel like you're missing content. It'll just make you feel like you need to play it again as soon as it's finished, because you'll have almost an entirely new game. Again, I'll mention Bloodlines. With Skyrim or Fallout, I don't want to start a new character, because it's not designed that way.

93. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 16, 2016, 10:01 ItBurn

Beamer wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 09:51:
ItBurn wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 09:38:
Quboid wrote on Jun 15, 2016, 22:05:
Beamer wrote on Jun 15, 2016, 17:33:
I have fewer concerns about this than having people treat me like I just crawled out of a sewer when I'm the head of the Fighter's Guild, Mages Guild, and saved the entire damn city.

That's a worse example of the disconnect I mean.

"I am Sir Quboid, Champion of the Fighter's Guild, Master Thief, Silent Assassin, Learned Mage, and I am The Dragonborn. I have fought man and beast the likes of which you have never seen from Solitude to Riften. Move aside, guard!"

"No lollygagging."

"Hey fu ... how'd you like an arrow in the knee?!"

That's one thing I hate about the recent elder scrolls. The fact that you can be master of all guilds and be able to do all the quests. I think it's dumb and it makes the entire leveling up systems feel useless. I want to be refused some quests because of how I built my character. Let me start a new game where I'll make different choices and build my character a different way and experience a different game. Nowadays, every game is the same, there's no real reason to restart a new one and I HATE it. Vampire the masquerade Bloodlines did it right.

Disagreed. The game takes 80-100 hours. At this point in my life that's about as much gaming as I do in a year. I want to be able to see everything.

There's 0 chance I'll ever replay an 80+ hour game again. Those days died when I stopped being a student.

Which is why it's nice that some games cater to you and some to me.

I don't have time to play either, but you know, you don't need to do everything. Just stop playing when you're done. And restarting a game where choices matter is fun because it's a completely different experience every time. But whatever floats your boat, I'm in the minority, most people nowadays want to be an overpowered god. I just want to be immersed in a solid and believable(somewhat) simulation.

91. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 16, 2016, 09:38 ItBurn

Quboid wrote on Jun 15, 2016, 22:05:
Beamer wrote on Jun 15, 2016, 17:33:
I have fewer concerns about this than having people treat me like I just crawled out of a sewer when I'm the head of the Fighter's Guild, Mages Guild, and saved the entire damn city.

That's a worse example of the disconnect I mean.

"I am Sir Quboid, Champion of the Fighter's Guild, Master Thief, Silent Assassin, Learned Mage, and I am The Dragonborn. I have fought man and beast the likes of which you have never seen from Solitude to Riften. Move aside, guard!"

"No lollygagging."

"Hey fu ... how'd you like an arrow in the knee?!"

85. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 15, 2016, 15:47 ItBurn

Beamer wrote on Jun 15, 2016, 15:45:
Quboid wrote on Jun 15, 2016, 15:17:
ItBurn wrote on Jun 15, 2016, 13:56:
Beamer wrote on Jun 15, 2016, 13:49:
People seem to hate level scaling. I see both sides of the argument, and think it can be done just fine with both ways. Some areas scale, some areas don't.

But scaling is somewhat necessary. I mean, it would suck to start the Thieves Guild missions, get halfway through, then be too low a level and have to go do some Fighter's Guild to level up. I'd rather be able to plow through as I want to plow through, even if it means I end up getting great armor from bandits later in the game.

I agree. Level scaling is ok when some things scale and others don't. I disagree about the other part though. I absolutely want my progress to be hindered by my level at some points. That's what it's all about, growing stronger to be able to do things you couldn't before.

I like this sort of progression as long as I'm not being funnelled down a linear route. It's OK to be unable to continue in the Thieves Guild for a while, but it's not OK if a Fighter's Guild mission is the only way to get the XP/weapon/whatever I needed.

For me, it's more like it's ok to not be able to enter this part of the map, but don't make me stop the quest line I'm focusing on to go grind.

Oblivion had very, very little grinding. That's part of what makes SP games fun. If, in order to continue with the Thieves Guild, I had to go spend a few hours killing animals to collect 10 horns, or to be less snarky go do a bunch of other quests, I'd be annoyed. Now I'm grinding, not gaming.

I hated Oblivion's scaling. There was no point in leveling. It was broken too, staying level 1 was the best strategy. You had to pick the skills you wanted as lesser skills and keep garbage skills as the main skills.

You don't have to grind, there's always a ton of other activities to do. There's the thief guild repeatable quests for example. edit: I guess those quests are grinding... Just continue the main quest or do some side quests/exploration...

84. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 15, 2016, 15:45 ItBurn

Quboid wrote on Jun 15, 2016, 15:17:
ItBurn wrote on Jun 15, 2016, 13:56:
Beamer wrote on Jun 15, 2016, 13:49:
People seem to hate level scaling. I see both sides of the argument, and think it can be done just fine with both ways. Some areas scale, some areas don't.

But scaling is somewhat necessary. I mean, it would suck to start the Thieves Guild missions, get halfway through, then be too low a level and have to go do some Fighter's Guild to level up. I'd rather be able to plow through as I want to plow through, even if it means I end up getting great armor from bandits later in the game.

I agree. Level scaling is ok when some things scale and others don't. I disagree about the other part though. I absolutely want my progress to be hindered by my level at some points. That's what it's all about, growing stronger to be able to do things you couldn't before.

I like this sort of progression as long as I'm not being funnelled down a linear route. It's OK to be unable to continue in the Thieves Guild for a while, but it's not OK if a Fighter's Guild mission is the only way to get the XP/weapon/whatever I needed.

Well yeah, but there's usually a ton of other activities for thieves that aren't the fighter's guild. Especially if the game is well made and most missions can be completed in a number of ways.

1570 Comments. 79 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo