Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 1647 (Pro)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > DOOM MP Alpha This Week
12. Re: DOOM MP Alpha This Week Nov 30, 2015, 09:14 ItBurn

If you've never played the Brutal Doom mod for Doom, I can understand that you'd think that the new Doom trailer looked good. For someone that has played Brutal Doom, I can tell you that the new Doom looks meh... It's wayyyy too slow and the killing is unsatisfying because of all the repetitive executions that constantly pause the action. Also, the guns sound pretty bad, especially the plasma gun, what the hell. Play Brutal Doom right now, it's one of the best shooters on the market at the moment. It reminded me what actual level design looked like.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Windows and OS X PS4 Remote Play Plans
8. Re: Windows and OS X PS4 Remote Play Plans Nov 27, 2015, 17:23 ItBurn

Verno wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 15:34:
ItBurn wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 14:57:
I don't get it. Why would you want to do this?

Someone is using the TV in the living room while you are in the den. You can still play a game you want (from a console in the living room) while sitting on a different platform. As opposed to buying a second PS4 or etc.

It makes perfect sense.

Ok, I see. That's just not something that would ever happen to me.

News Comments > Windows and OS X PS4 Remote Play Plans
1. Re: Windows and OS X PS4 Remote Play Plans Nov 27, 2015, 14:57 ItBurn

I don't get it. Why would you want to do this?  

News Comments > Bombshell in January; Prequel Revealed
3. Re: Bombshell in January; Prequel Revealed Nov 20, 2015, 23:16 ItBurn

I f-ing love the build engine. If you've never played Blood, pick it up on GOG, you won't regret it.  

News Comments > Mordheim: City of the Damned Launch Trailer
2. Re: Mordheim: City of the Damned Launch Trailer Nov 19, 2015, 10:49 ItBurn

This is basically a Warhammer Xcom game, with base building and all. Instead of clicking on where you want your guy to go and then watching him go, you actually move your guys around in third person until you have no more "movement" points. I like it, but it would work better with a first person view.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Delayed
5. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Delayed Nov 18, 2015, 15:59 ItBurn

From experience, 6 months usually means that there's a pretty fundamental issue in there... Not sure that can be fixed in time. Perhaps they had cut the open city hub thing and realized that the game just wasn't as fun without it...  

News Comments > Back to Dinosaur Island VR Tech Demo
1. Re: Back to Dinosaur Island VR Tech Demo Nov 18, 2015, 15:53 ItBurn

I think that Farcry 1 was originally supposed to be called Dinosaur Island. Everything changed, obviously... FC1 is in my top 5 best games of all time. Spent thousands of hours in multiplayer and it was basically the reason I managed to finish my studies with some of my sanity intact. With that said, Crytek is basically a joke now.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
8. Re: Game Reviews Nov 16, 2015, 20:20 ItBurn

WaB was pretty spot on. Except for graphics. F4 looks way better than the old games. I think he just doesn't remember F3. F4 has serious issues. It's also not much of a RPG anymore. But damn it's fun to play.  

News Comments > Jade Empire Free on Origin
2. Re: Jade Empire Free on Origin Nov 15, 2015, 17:05 ItBurn

I loved both Kotor games, but I hated Jade Empire, a lot. It was a terrrrible port on PC.  

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4
35. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4 Nov 10, 2015, 13:17 ItBurn

DG wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 13:15:
Prob not getting this until I have time to play around xmas. Is there any benefit from playing the phone app?

If you mean the pipboy app, no, it's just the ingame interface, on your phone.

If you mean the Vault game app, no. It's a standalone game.

News Comments > Survarium Video
1. Re: Survarium Video Nov 5, 2015, 21:55 ItBurn

I really don't care about *another* competitive shooter... wake me up when pve gets here.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 5, 2015, 10:57 ItBurn

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 10:50:
Or you could go watch the 2 hour stream and look at the interface... ya know with your own eyes.

Spoilers? No thanks. I looked at the interface with my own eyes, and fingers, with the app.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 5, 2015, 09:56 ItBurn

Pipboy app confirms it. Horrible interface. It may be worse than FO3's.  

News Comments > Blizzard Updating Older Games for Modern OSes
2. Re: Blizzard Updating Older Games for Modern OSes Nov 4, 2015, 17:00 ItBurn

Seems like this is just making them work on new OSes, kinda like GOG. But I can't understand this sentence : Create conditions for experiences that look as good as they play.

I'm not interested in more D2, I want more D3.

News Comments > Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition Tomorrow
1. Re: Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition Tomorrow Nov 4, 2015, 09:49 ItBurn

I liked it, but got bored of it half-way. Just like the first game. Too much backtracking, empty environments and monotonous tasks.  

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
29. Re: Morning Screenshots Nov 3, 2015, 18:37 ItBurn

Orogogus wrote on Nov 3, 2015, 18:32:
ItBurn wrote on Nov 3, 2015, 15:11:
Well, I refuse to play shooters with a gamepad, so I guess it's game breaking for me, but I realize I'm a minority :p. I can't understand why people accept aiming with a gamepad. It's painful, the mouse is so much better.

I think this conversation comes and goes every several months, but I think part of it is that aiming more easily isn't necessarily better.

At some point it's probably easier to aim a mouse cursor than it is to aim a real gun, is that a problem? For some games it might be. A developer can put in droppage and wind and recoil and breathing sway and so on, but at the end of the day a mouse is probably still giving you much better aim than you would have in real life. It's probably the best aiming device with current technology.

In forty years are you going to be waving your fist at gamers with retina-tracking controls or neural interfaces, bitching about the good old days when games required real skill? It's probably the same thing.

Hmmm, no. I'd rather play shooters with a real life fake gun and having to aim with my hands. If they find something that's easier to use than a mouse, then I want to use that. The problem with gamepads is that it's a pain to aim. It's harder than real life and harder than with other technologies that already exist. It's not about me being resistant to change...

23. Re: Morning Screenshots Nov 3, 2015, 15:11 ItBurn

descender wrote on Nov 3, 2015, 15:05:
Maybe I am overestimating your ability to control an FPS with a gamepad. I wouldn't consider my gamepad "skills" to be terribly practiced, I almost always use a KB/M... but I suppose the accuracy does help more-so than I am considering. FO3/NV are not really balanced for allowing people to shoot via mouse and it shows. It does eliminate rather large chunks of the difficulty when you can just headshot/headshot/headshot something while it takes 30+ seconds to find a path to you. I was considerably more afraid of cazadors than deathclaws during my hardcore playthrough because of the pathing issues.

My original point was that it is not a game-breaking level of control difference (like say playing Q3 with a gamepad... lol) to blindly label FO4 as a "bad port" just because ABXY buttons show up in a screenshot.

Well, I refuse to play shooters with a gamepad, so I guess it's game breaking for me, but I realize I'm a minority :p. I can't understand why people accept aiming with a gamepad. It's painful, the mouse is so much better. For the record, I don't think adding gamepad support is indication of a bad port, but a bad port it will be anyway, because of the interface. Bethesda makes the WORST PC interfaces. Absolutely horrible, and from what I've seen of FO4, things didn't improve.

I have nightmares about more and more PC gamers using the gamepad, to a point where developers of FPS games stop supporting the mouse... It's already somewhat happening in some games...

19. Re: Morning Screenshots Nov 3, 2015, 14:46 ItBurn

descender wrote on Nov 3, 2015, 14:44:
Thanks for explaining to me why a mouse is more accurate than a gamepad... Sigh. Now go back and try to actually understand the point I was making.

The gameplay in FO3/NV is far too slow for it to matter, even if you don't use VATS. The accuracy and speed advantage of a mouse is completely wasted on this type of game. So, no... there is not a "major advantage" to using a mouse at all. Especially if you don't just charge into every combat situation with blinders on.

Can you aim a little bit faster? Sure...
Does it matter? Not unless you control your gamepad with your toes.

Maybe you're a god at aiming with a gamepad, but for me using a mouse is a major advantage. Does it matter? Absolutely. Makes the game so much more pleasant.

15. Re: Morning Screenshots Nov 3, 2015, 14:29 ItBurn

descender wrote on Nov 3, 2015, 13:47:
I love how thrown off people are by the A B X Y buttons on the screen, as if there was any advantage to playing FO3/NV with a mouse+KB over a gamepad. It's not a twitch shooter, who gives a shit? You all really have to start getting over this one, just because a mouse works better for competitive FPS doesn't make gamepad support indicative of a "bad port" problem.

You're wrong. There's a major advantage using a mouse. There was one also in FO3 and NV. Precise aiming for quick shots and headshots helped a lot. You could use VATS, but it's limited. I personally never used VATS and had a great experience. I always felt that VATS was training wheels for gamepad users.

14. Re: Morning Screenshots Nov 3, 2015, 14:25 ItBurn

To the people complaining about max 4 dialogue choices, have you played a RPG in the last 10 years? I know it's hard to understand, but one of the options may lead to further options, usually noted by the addition of "...".  

1647 Comments. 83 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo