Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 1650 (Pro)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Dying Light The Following Story Trailer
12. Re: Dying Light The Following Story Trailer Dec 17, 2015, 09:55 ItBurn

Jerykk wrote on Dec 17, 2015, 03:28:
ItBurn wrote on Dec 16, 2015, 17:44:
I'd really like to like Dying Light. On paper it's just my type of game. But I find it kinda boring. I hate the melee system. I'm a hoarder type, so the inventory system is a nightmare. Your weapons break after like 3 hits. Why would I upgrade them? They break instantly! Waste of resources. The progression is kinda boring and I don't feel engaged in anything that is happening. I prefer the "alone" style of Dead Island to the "thriving" society of Dying Light. It also often seems like you're abusing the system rather than getting better at the game. I don't get it. I prefer Dead Island despite Dying Light being better in almost every way.

Sounds like you didn't play much of Dying Light. Almost all of your complaints are limited to the early game, which is admittedly kind of crappy. Things get a lot better once you've unlocked more skills and can fight and traverse effectively. The late game is actually too easy, with you having weapons that can one-shot almost every enemy. That said, jumping off a rooftop and drop-kicking a zombie/human off of his rooftop never gets old.
I played 11 hours. 11 hours is a lot of game time. Is this a Final Fantasy deal where it sucks for 30 hours and then it gets good? I'm kinda kidding. I do like some aspects of Dying Light, but I think it's perfectly normal to lose interest after 11 hours with all the issues persisting.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - FINAL FANTASY VI
2. Re: Steamship Ahoy - FINAL FANTASY VI Dec 16, 2015, 17:47 ItBurn

Absolutely terrible graphics, both because of technical decisions and the new art style. It's a complete deal breaker for me. Hopefully there's mods to fix that... It's just very sad because a proper HD version would have been great.  

News Comments > Dying Light The Following Story Trailer
2. Re: Dying Light The Following Story Trailer Dec 16, 2015, 17:44 ItBurn

I'd really like to like Dying Light. On paper it's just my type of game. But I find it kinda boring. I hate the melee system. I'm a hoarder type, so the inventory system is a nightmare. Your weapons break after like 3 hits. Why would I upgrade them? They break instantly! Waste of resources. The progression is kinda boring and I don't feel engaged in anything that is happening. I prefer the "alone" style of Dead Island to the "thriving" society of Dying Light. It also often seems like you're abusing the system rather than getting better at the game. I don't get it. I prefer Dead Island despite Dying Light being better in almost every way.  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Dec 15, 2015, 12:26 ItBurn

nin wrote on Dec 15, 2015, 11:52:
ItBurn wrote on Dec 15, 2015, 11:49:
I pure hated dragon's lair. It's a huge QTE, except that you have no idea what key to press and they also don't tell you when to press it.

There were visual cues (elements that flashed on the screen) but I don't doubt they were intentionally vague in some cases, to encourage failure/more money being spent.

I played the PC version and I'm pretty sure there were absolutely no indicators. But it's been so long... maybe there were.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Dec 15, 2015, 11:49 ItBurn

I pure hated dragon's lair. It's a huge QTE, except that you have no idea what key to press and they also don't tell you when to press it.  

News Comments > Path of Exile Patched
3. Re: Path of Exile Patched Dec 11, 2015, 10:58 ItBurn

The single biggest thing this game needs is a physics engine. Killing is simply not fun enough. Is that a planned feature?  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
13. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 9, 2015, 15:47 ItBurn

saluk wrote on Dec 9, 2015, 14:55:
ItBurn wrote on Dec 9, 2015, 14:41:
saluk wrote on Dec 9, 2015, 14:36:
I'm currently playing daggerfall. I wouldn't say the modern games are dumbed down, the complexity is just in different places. They have NEVER been very complex RPGs. I just played through and finished the first one Arena, and even that one had some things that were taken out of Daggerfall, as well as having somethings added in the next game. It's always evolving.

The UI has also never been great. The PC UI on Daggerfall is one of the worst I've ever seen. When interfacing with a store or your wagon, you have a single column of unsorted items that is only 4 items long to scroll through. It's way worse than looking through items in Skyrim. I think the bug count and the UI has actually improved after that.

Bethesda games aren't super complex elite RPG's like other PC classics (ultima, wizardry, gold box etc). Since the beginning, they've been accessible open worlds that are fun to mess around in and not take too seriously. When the first game came out, rpg players of the time criticized it for how dumbed down it was compared to other games!

I replayed Daggerfall last month. You didn't play the same Daggerfall that I did! It's tough to compare Daggerfall to the other rpgs you named, but it's at least as complex and I would say more. Agree about the interface though. Fallout 4 has the same shitty interface when dealing with containers.

I'm pretty sure I'm playing the same one! It has the illusion of depth (a great illusion). But it boils down to essentially the same "collect random quest-clear random dungeon" cycle that arena followed. Most of the game systems are fairly underdeveloped. It's a great illusion, and the amount of "stuff" in there is really high, but all the "stuff" looks and feels the same. It also makes sense that in later games, as the types of "stuff" become more differentiated and unique, that the amount and scope necessarily decreases.

Daggerfall is a lot more than just quests. There's a ton of systems working at the same time. Sure, the areas are not as unique as Fallout 4 and it doesn't have a physics engine, but what it has is a lot of underlying complexity that made the game feel more dynamic and reactive rather than scripted and strict like Fallout 4.

Also, some of the quests in Daggerfall were randomly generated. You'd do a part of it and then it could branch into a number of parts that could branch into others. You even had multiple ways of finishing them and branching paths according to your choice.

I'm not saying Daggerfall is a perfect game(edit: it's also incredibly broken). I'm just saying that I want more Daggerfall into my Bethesda games rather than more Farcry into them.

11. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 9, 2015, 14:41 ItBurn

saluk wrote on Dec 9, 2015, 14:36:
I'm currently playing daggerfall. I wouldn't say the modern games are dumbed down, the complexity is just in different places. They have NEVER been very complex RPGs. I just played through and finished the first one Arena, and even that one had some things that were taken out of Daggerfall, as well as having somethings added in the next game. It's always evolving.

The UI has also never been great. The PC UI on Daggerfall is one of the worst I've ever seen. When interfacing with a store or your wagon, you have a single column of unsorted items that is only 4 items long to scroll through. It's way worse than looking through items in Skyrim. I think the bug count and the UI has actually improved after that.

Bethesda games aren't super complex elite RPG's like other PC classics (ultima, wizardry, gold box etc). Since the beginning, they've been accessible open worlds that are fun to mess around in and not take too seriously. When the first game came out, rpg players of the time criticized it for how dumbed down it was compared to other games!

I replayed Daggerfall last month. You didn't play the same Daggerfall that I did! It's tough to compare Daggerfall to the other rpgs you named, but it's at least as complex and I would say more. Agree about the interface though. Fallout 4 has the same shitty interface when dealing with containers.

9. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 9, 2015, 13:08 ItBurn

Bethesda's games are being dumbed down because they went from pretty complex RPGs with a lot of features and choices to something closer to an open world shooter. Yes, they added the crafting in Fallout 4, but it doesn't offset everything that happened since Daggerfall.

I do think that they dumb them down because of consoles. They get more sales on consoles and they also dumb the game down to reach more casuals, who are all on console. The PC is still a very "elite" platform in my opinion.

I'm giving him credit, I said he's good at his job. I still love Bethesda's games and they're my favorite developer. I still can imagine better though.

As for the junk everywhere, I love it. You pay so much more attention to places you explore. Everything is so useful. After more than 50 hours, I still don't find that it's a chore to pick everything up. You can class some junk as precious, so that you see an icon when you mouse over them. Picking things up is also super fast and easy.

Things that are absolutely disastrous: The dialogue options, the interface, the choices and the amount of ways to finish quests.

This comment was edited on Dec 9, 2015, 14:02.

2. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 9, 2015, 10:21 ItBurn

I find it ironic that he claims that they didn't need to change to bring the games to console. Their games are getting more and more dumbed down. He's really good at making the console centric Oblivion type of game, but he's closed to real change. He's a good producer, he's about money first, but I can imagine what their team could have been capable of and it makes me sad that we'll never see those games.  

News Comments > PC Final Fantasy VI Next Week
2. Re: PC Final Fantasy VI Next Week Dec 8, 2015, 21:21 ItBurn

The Pyro wrote on Dec 8, 2015, 20:47:
My favorite FF ever! Unfortunately I've already played it so much that I don't think I could bring myself to do another run-through; there's just not that much character customization. Still, if you're nostalgic for JRPGs and never got around to trying FF6 then go for it!

I still listen to the orchestral versions of the music on a fairly regular basis. Some of Uematsu's best work IMO.

EDIT: Listen to Dancing Mad for example.

You know what? I've listened to dozens of remixes of that song and the best one is still the original. It was designed for the SNES sound chip. The music in that game is great overall. It's also the only FF game I like. But like you, there's no way I can bring myself to play it again.

News Comments > EVE Online Updated
10. Re: EVE Online Updated Dec 8, 2015, 15:20 ItBurn

Rigs wrote on Dec 8, 2015, 14:50:
VendettaOnline is such a better game. Not prettier or well-known, but better playing and more rewarding, gameplay-wise. Plus, it's pretty easy for newbies with a Freelancer fetish...

Note however, that if you play on iOS, it's not 'free'. This is a contention I have with the VO devs. They say 'free' on their site but when you go to get the mobile app (the whole game on mobile, just as on PC), you find it's $0.99 for a trial and then it's either $1 or $9 per month (depending on who you ask). I haven't personally gotten the iOS version of VO for this very reason, it's not clear what the 'free' in 'free' constitutes. The PC version is a free 8 hour trial and then $9.99 per month. The only issue with that is there is no way of earning that in game like EVE. Still, the game is really good and I highly recommend it!

=-Rigs-=

I absolutely love Freelancer and spent a lot of time with budies in the multiplayer. I don't know about Vendetta... The reviews are pretty damn bad and the game also looks bad, not just graphically... Why do you think it's good?

News Comments > EVE Online Updated
7. Re: EVE Online Updated Dec 8, 2015, 14:15 ItBurn

Why improve graphics? All you see when you play is a bunch of dots.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support
9. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support Dec 7, 2015, 14:44 ItBurn

Slashman wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 14:40:
ItBurn wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 14:09:
No way this is intentional. Mods are probably the main reason why Bethesda's games are so popular nowadays. If I was forced to find a reason why they'd block the current mods, it would be because they're not possible on consoles. These mods aren't made with the editor(which isn't available yet) and would be impossible to do on a console. Maybe Beth wouldn't want console gamers to feel left out...

I'm not saying that I don't love mods and mod support, but maybe you should try talking to actual game developers before making statements like: "So and so's game is successful because of mod support."

The fact is that many more people play Fallout and TES games un-modded than they do modded.

It's just my opinion. Also, devs, and even marketing, often have no idea. They think they do though. Nothing makes people look at videos of a game like mods. You'll see top rated videos about Skyrim for years because there's always this new hilarious mod. This generates continued interest and sales long after the game is released. And that's just what I think is the main reason mods are the most important; there are others.

Console gamers also watch Youtube.

7. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support Dec 7, 2015, 14:27 ItBurn

Drayth wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 14:23:
The creation kit (or w/e it'll be called) isn't out yet, right? I would assume most mods are basically kludgey mini-hacks to begin with at this point anyways.

If they announce they're not releasing the editor then it's time to wtf.

Pretty much all the best mods for Skyrim used "kludgey mini-hacks". If they're not supported anymore, it would be a pretty big deal.

1. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support Dec 7, 2015, 14:09 ItBurn

No way this is intentional. Mods are probably the main reason why Bethesda's games are so popular nowadays. If I was forced to find a reason why they'd block the current mods, it would be because they're not possible on consoles. These mods aren't made with the editor(which isn't available yet) and would be impossible to do on a console. Maybe Beth wouldn't want console gamers to feel left out...  

News Comments > Shadow Complex Remastered for Free
19. Re: Shadow Complex Remastered for Free Dec 4, 2015, 21:58 ItBurn

So I'm downloading Shadow Complex. The way the Unreal launcher works, you already see a tab for all of their games, so you don't really have a library and you don't actually add the game or anything. You just install it... The way it seems to be advertised, I think that you might lose access to the game after the holidays... Kinda undermines the free thing and gives a bad rep to the launcher. But we'll see...  

News Comments > Star Citizen Trailer; Arena Commander Free Demo
8. Re: Star Citizen Trailer; Arena Commander Free Demo Dec 4, 2015, 10:45 ItBurn

Creston wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 09:49:
Despite them saying it's all seamless, there's nothing in here that shows that it's seamless, and I remain very skeptical about that claim.

Also, dear God, what kind of computer will you need to run this decently?

If you'd follow the game a bit more closely, you'd have seen a lot of videos showing the seamless transitions. And I meant a bit, because I don't really follow it, but I've seen lots of vids.

You'll need a pretty good computer. This is part of the goal of the game, to make something that actually pushes PC hardware. It's not releasing soon, so don't worry too much about it.

News Comments > Shadow Complex Remastered for Free
1. Re: Shadow Complex Remastered for Free Dec 4, 2015, 09:42 ItBurn

Free eh? Sold. Support competition, stop launcher hate.  

News Comments > GOG.com Winter Sale
13. Re: GOG.com Winter Sale Dec 2, 2015, 11:32 ItBurn

I already have all the games.

Shadow Warrior(the new one) is pretty cheap! Great FPS.

1650 Comments. 83 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo