Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 1577 (Pro)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Oct 16, 2015, 16:09 ItBurn

Cutter wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 16:04:
ItBurn wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 10:55:
That's messed up. While I don't always agree with him, he's one of the few voices of reason in this industry. But he's right, medical technology is advancing pretty fast these days.

Not for Cancer it's not. Harvard Medical categorically declared it to be incurable a few years ago - likely for at least another century. We can catch and beat it if it's small enough and you find it early enough, otherwise the Magic 8 Ball says the prognosis is not good.

Skeptic magazine did an entire magazine dedicated to this a year or so back as well and the results were not good. Some milder forms of cancer - skin cancer - are obviously much easier to beat than others, but overall we've only seen about a 15% increase in sucess against it since the 1950s. That's not very good for an industry that's had 100s of billions of dollars poured into and tens of billions more every year. We'd be far better off putting that money into prevention by subsidizing fresh food and excercise and banning - or at least taxing the shit out of - junk food. They estimate almost 80%-90% of all diseases could be pre-empted like that.

I wasn't talking about any ailment in particular. I just find that these days, medicine is accelerating progress. Lots of crazy things in papers and the news.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Oct 16, 2015, 10:55 ItBurn

That's messed up. While I don't always agree with him, he's one of the few voices of reason in this industry. But he's right, medical technology is advancing pretty fast these days.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Hearts of Stone Released; Discs Delayed
5. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Hearts of Stone Released; Discs Delayed Oct 13, 2015, 11:31 ItBurn

I liked Witcher 3, but I don't know, I'm kinda done with it. It's not like I was missing quests to do...  

News Comments > Star Citizen Ship Explosion Trailer
8. Re: Star Citizen Ship Explosion Trailer Oct 9, 2015, 10:12 ItBurn

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 9, 2015, 10:10:
So they're still tweaking explosions but Squadron 42 is still coming out this year, right?

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Explosins don't need to be final to release SQ42. I don't think it was ever announced this year though. This game is going to be iterative.

Oh no, I replied in a CS thread. I gotta stop this.

News Comments > Star Citizen Ship Explosion Trailer
6. Re: Star Citizen Ship Explosion Trailer Oct 9, 2015, 10:03 ItBurn

Outside view is the real deal and may appear like that ingame. Inside view is pretty fake. In my opinion.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Specs
12. Re: Fallout 4 Specs Oct 8, 2015, 23:16 ItBurn

Is Fallout 4 my perfect game? Hell no. Would I do it differently? Yes. I think it's pretty safe to say that F4 will be a really fun game though.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Specs
10. Re: Fallout 4 Specs Oct 8, 2015, 22:36 ItBurn

I'm tempted to upgrade my vidya card. But I'm pretty sure I'll be able to run it close to max with my 670 regardless of the recommended. It's pretty much always the case.  

News Comments > Bethesda's BattleCry "Concerns"
2. Re: Bethesda's BattleCry Oct 8, 2015, 09:46 ItBurn

Yeah they really need to cancel this. It looks real bad. Real bad.  

News Comments > Astroneer Announced
4. Re: Astroneer Announced Oct 7, 2015, 23:51 ItBurn

Looks like "just another" survival/crafting indie game to me. Except it's third person and low poly.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Intelligence Trailer
2. Re: Fallout 4 Intelligence Trailer Oct 7, 2015, 17:58 ItBurn

I took two days off to play this.  

News Comments > No Man's Sky on Late Show
3. Re: No Man's Sky on Late Show Oct 4, 2015, 14:19 ItBurn

Overon wrote on Oct 4, 2015, 14:11:
They are really trying hard to attract a younger audience. I think it's overhyped.

It's definitely overhyped. I mean, I think it's going to be a pretty good game, but people think it'll be the best game ever. They got too much hype, too early; people will be let down. Even if the game is great, people won't be able to see it and this could potentially lead to this being their last game. I've seen this happen over and over. But who knows.

News Comments > The Beginner's Guide Begins
2. Re: The Beginner's Guide Begins Oct 2, 2015, 00:25 ItBurn

Just finished it. I was a fan of Stanley Parable, but I didn't feel like this one was worth the money.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Employees "Speak Out"
45. Re: Star Citizen Employees Oct 1, 2015, 22:14 ItBurn

Well, one thing's for sure, Chris Roberts is a strong person to be able to endure all this negativity and keep on working. His team also I guess! I hope the project won't be affected too negatively by this stress.  

News Comments > U.K. Digital Refund Law
6. Re: U.K. Digital Refund Law Oct 1, 2015, 12:38 ItBurn

Creston wrote on Oct 1, 2015, 12:22:
ItBurn wrote on Oct 1, 2015, 10:28:
Yeah, but how can we know what's a broken game and what isn't? And how can we make sure people don't abuse the system by just buying and getting refunds after completing the game, in a loop?

It's a subjective decision, for sure, but an ironclad return policy helps deal with that. If a game generally works well for most people but for some unfortunate few it doesn't, they can get refunds.

As for the complete game/get refund conundrum, that's very simple. Make sure your game can't be finished in under five hours.

Well, some people claim the new system would be 30 days... That's enough time to complete many games.

4. Re: U.K. Digital Refund Law Oct 1, 2015, 10:28 ItBurn

Creston wrote on Oct 1, 2015, 10:11:
Good. It's about time we start doing something about these crappy publishers that sell games that are plain broken.

Yeah, but how can we know what's a broken game and what isn't? And how can we make sure people don't abuse the system by just buying and getting refunds after completing the game, in a loop?

I guess I'd get answers by reading the legislation, but who wants to read legislation.

1. Re: U.K. Digital Refund Law Oct 1, 2015, 10:02 ItBurn

All this text doesn't really mean anything. I'd like to know the actual real effects this will have.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Early Play Bonus Scrapped
2. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Early Play Bonus Scrapped Oct 1, 2015, 09:59 ItBurn

How about you give me the whole game instead of f-ing with me with preorders and extra fees?  

News Comments > Stanley Parable Follow-up The Beginner's Guide Tomorrow
2. Re: Stanley Parable Follow-up The Beginner's Guide Tomorrow Sep 30, 2015, 12:43 ItBurn

Loved both versions of Stanley Parable. Definitely interested in this. But is it a followup/sequel or an entirely different game? It's not clear.  

PC Gaming > Favorite Local Coop and MP Games
5. No subject Sep 29, 2015, 19:10 ItBurn

I've been on Blues for a loooong time. I had no idea there was a forum... The site is so... well made

I've played a lot of coop games in my time, but here's a list of some games I've spent at least a hundred hours playing in coop :

- Diablo 1, 2 and 3
- Borderlands 1 and 2
- Minecraft and all the mods
- Terraria
- Freelancer
- Hidden and Dangerous, perhaps the best coop game ever
- 7 days to die, simply the best zombie/crafting/building/survival game out there.
- Hellgate London
- CS, recently CS:Go, with bots. They're dumb, but it's so much fun to kill hordes of them.
- Half-Life svencoop, so many different modes and maps
- Blood, Duke Nukem 3d and Shadow Warrior. The epitome of coop fps.

I see you said single screen... Haven't played those that long.

News Comments > SOMA Movie
8. Re: SOMA Movie Sep 29, 2015, 11:09 ItBurn

Frijoles wrote on Sep 29, 2015, 10:49:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 29, 2015, 09:40:
It's also the best horror game.

I didn't get much horror feeling from it, but I'm not done yet. It feels more like an exploration game to me. Sure there's a few spots that I could feel the hairs stirring, but mostly it was "Huh, wonder what that is" or "that looks neat" or "somebody had a bad day here".

Yeah, definitely, but there haven't been many good horror games. There's definitely spots that are as scary as Amnesia though.

1577 Comments. 79 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo