Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 1649 (Pro)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Dawn of War II Freebies and More
7. Re: Dawn of War II Freebies and More Feb 22, 2016, 09:43 ItBurn

Download link doesn't work for me. I guess I missed it.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout 4 D.I.C.E. GotY
37. Re: Fallout 4 D.I.C.E. GotY Feb 22, 2016, 09:38 ItBurn

Zoom wrote on Feb 20, 2016, 03:50:
Fallout 4 was a disappointment considering the high expectations set for the series. While Witcher 3 is glorious, SOMA is a piece of art and definitely up there, Kerbal Space Program was officially released in 2015 and also a strong contender for the title... But i guess KSP and SOMA cant even compete as they are independant and not a part of "the industry" ? (whatever that means)

I loooved Soma. It's my #2 this year. But if someone read this comment that I wrote and then played the game, he would be disappointed.

11. Re: Fallout 4 D.I.C.E. GotY Feb 19, 2016, 11:38 ItBurn

Kxmode wrote on Feb 19, 2016, 11:30:
For all its quirks Life Is Strange remains one of the most engaging games I've played and slightly more so than Witcher 3. Even now Witcher 3 is a blur in term of recalling the story whereas LIS is still very vivid. Episodes 2, 3, and 4 remain the high points of the series through shock and tears.

I hated Life is Strange. I think it's because I can't get into the character. I guess they were trying to make a realistic teenage girl, but she annoys me so much. She makes the stupidest decisions and says the dumbest things. Since I'm the one making choices, it's just frustrating to be forced to do these dumb things. My girlfriend had the same reaction as me, so it's not just because I'm this matcho man :p

10. Re: Fallout 4 D.I.C.E. GotY Feb 19, 2016, 11:36 ItBurn

Primalchrome wrote on Feb 19, 2016, 11:27:
I'm Ok with that...most sites seem to rank W2 and FO4 in the top two slots. Witcher 3's release bugs, horrific inventory, and janky combat really put a damper on it for me. The storyline and voiceover work was top notch...but playing the game itself felt more like a pain in the ass.

Yep. Fallout 4 is the real game of the year, despite the flaws.
Honestly, Witcher 3 isn't even in the top 5 for me... I did like it, it's an incredible achievement, but it's just not that fun...

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Free Weekend
3. Re: Cities: Skylines Free Weekend Feb 19, 2016, 09:30 ItBurn

I'd love to play this game, but I just don't have time in my life. Time is more precious than money.  

News Comments > More SEGA Freebies
9. Re: More SEGA Freebies Feb 19, 2016, 09:29 ItBurn

First batch of free games only required you to add the game from the Steam store page.
Second batch of free games require you to give an email and confirm your email.
Third batch will require you to make an account and maybe install something?

News Comments > Fallout 4 DLC Plans; Season Pass Price Jump
59. Re: Fallout 4 DLC Plans; Season Pass Price Jump Feb 17, 2016, 15:37 ItBurn

Fion wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 15:16:
I do agree the combat is improved over prior games in the series but frankly that is the ONE thing that is improved. Virtually everything else is worse.

Crafting and base building are also vastly improved to the point where they are one of the central pillars of gameplay. They improve exploration greatly and keep you engaged in the game longer. When comparing FO3 and 4, a lot of things are now dumbed down, yes, but what really happened is that they completely changed what type of game Fallout is. It's now a survival(crafting and resource gathering heavy) open world shooter with RPG elements instead of an open world RPG with shooter combat. I do hate that it did that, but it's still a great game. Fallout 3 was very different from FO1 and 2 too... We'll just have to get our deep RPGs somewhere else.

53. Re: Fallout 4 DLC Plans; Season Pass Price Jump Feb 17, 2016, 13:03 ItBurn

Yifes wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 13:00:
ItBurn wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 12:54:
What? The only thing in this list that Fallout 4 doesn't excel in is the progression system. It's as bad as the Witcher's. But, for previous Bethesda games, I'd give you "combat and movement", but no way I'm giving you "boring exploration". The progression system is only bad since Oblivion. It was good in all previous elder scrolls.

I actually haven't played FO4, so I'm basing this off of FO3, Oblivion, and Skyrim. I don't plan on playing FO4 any time soon, as I cannot imagine an even more dumbed down version of FO3.

The exploration is boring for example, in Skyrim, because after you explore a few of the dungeons, the rest is just just copy and paste, with the same reused assets and puzzles. Also, you finish a decent lengthed dungeon, fight a boss, and you get some trash loot in the end. It really makes the experience forgettable and not worth repeating. It's fun for the first ~10 hours, then it gets really boring.

Valid points. Exploration is rewarding gameplay-wise though(mostly because of crafting and base building), so that's why I like it I guess. They still put a lot of originality in every location in FO4 despite a lot of the same building blocks being reused. Combat and movement were vastly improved in FO4. It now feels pretty close to a real shooter.

51. Re: Fallout 4 DLC Plans; Season Pass Price Jump Feb 17, 2016, 12:54 ItBurn

Yifes wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 12:50:
ItBurn wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 11:56:

Horrible combat and movement, boring exploration, annoying "in your face" side missions, bad progression system.

That's how I feel about Bethesda games, except they lack the great story or dialogue.

What? The only thing in this list that Fallout 4 doesn't excel in is the progression system. It's as bad as the Witcher's. But, for previous Bethesda games, I'd give you "combat and movement", but no way I'm giving you "boring exploration". The progression system is only bad since Oblivion. It was good in all previous elder scrolls.

50. Re: Fallout 4 DLC Plans; Season Pass Price Jump Feb 17, 2016, 12:52 ItBurn

Creston wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 12:37:
ItBurn wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 11:56:
Creston wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 11:45:
ItBurn wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 10:23:
It's my clear GOTY.

I very much enjoy FO4, but GOTY over Witcher 3? No.

Witcher 3 is a 7.5 for me. Great story, dialogue and choices and graphics. Horrible combat and movement, boring exploration, annoying "in your face" side missions, bad progression system. I got really bored and annoyed with it mid-game and just set the difficulty to easy and quickly completed the main quest.

You are a very, very bad person!!!

My opinion angers lot of people, but I gots to be real. When it comes to games, I'm more of a gameplay guy than a story guy. I'm a fan of the Witcher world. Read some of the books and played all the games, but it's always the same, I get real bored of it mid game, but then I have to push and finish them and then it becomes worth it. Gwent though, omg, my favorite thing about the game.

47. Re: Fallout 4 DLC Plans; Season Pass Price Jump Feb 17, 2016, 11:56 ItBurn

Creston wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 11:45:
ItBurn wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 10:23:
It's my clear GOTY.

I very much enjoy FO4, but GOTY over Witcher 3? No.

Witcher 3 is a 7.5 for me. Great story, dialogue and choices and graphics. Horrible combat and movement, boring exploration, annoying "in your face" side missions, bad progression system. I got really bored and annoyed with it mid-game and just set the difficulty to easy and quickly completed the main quest.

40. Re: Fallout 4 DLC Plans; Season Pass Price Jump Feb 17, 2016, 10:23 ItBurn

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 10:19:
Task wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 10:13:
GOTY it won't be called. FO4 won 0 GOTY awards (for good reason - its a popamole shooter). My prediction is that it will instead be called "Fallout 4 Definitive/Ultimate Edition" or something similar.

That'd be my guess. The entire storyline is mediocre, the building stuff? Neat. But at that the game ranks out at a 6/10.

Sadly Bethesda, you guys haven't figured out that trying to milk people like this is just going to increase piracy.

I won't defend the major dumbing down that Fallout 4 got in the RPG department, but they pushed a long way into other parts of the gameplay. It's no longer really a Fallout game to me, it's more of a mix of Farcry and an open world survival game. With that being said, the game is pure fun. It's my clear GOTY.

37. Re: Fallout 4 DLC Plans; Season Pass Price Jump Feb 17, 2016, 10:12 ItBurn

It's pretty easy to deal with season passes. If you're a huge fanboy, get it as soon as possible, because it's usually cheapest. If you're a regular fan or not that big of a fan, don't buy it on release. Wait for the DLCs to be announced, and then decide. For Fallout 4, the DLCs have just been announced and I think that the season pass price right now is definitely worth it. I wouldn't buy it for 60$ though. No need to freak out.  

11. Re: Fallout 4 DLC Plans; Season Pass Price Jump Feb 16, 2016, 18:14 ItBurn

descender wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 18:12:
If you support/purchase any Season Pass DLC you are far too stupid for words.

Has there ever even been one that ended up being a "good deal" with enough content to justify that type of advanced pricing?

A lot. All Borderlands come to mind.

6. Re: Fallout 4 DLC Plans; Season Pass Price Jump Feb 16, 2016, 18:06 ItBurn

The thing I'm most excited for is the survival mode. I'm not sure how excited I am about starting over though... I'm definitely getting DLCs anyhow. Spent 130 hours in base game.  

News Comments > Layers of Fear Released
9. Re: Layers of Fear Released Feb 16, 2016, 10:07 ItBurn

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 06:01:
I don't understand why Indy devs haven't jumped on this and merged randomized open world survival horror with rogue-lite elements...

While I'm not sure exactly what you mean and while it's not that scary, you should look at 7 days to die.

News Comments > Layers of Fear Released
4. Re: Layers of Fear Released Feb 15, 2016, 22:19 ItBurn

I completed the incomplete version like 3 months ago. I was disappointed that the game is more about jump scares than constant horror like Amnesia or Alien Isolation. You quickly start to expect the scares and they're very predictable. The game also gets repetitive pretty fast. I still had fun. The game is pretty and the atmosphere is good. This isn't the next big horror game, but it's a nice little diversion.  

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Feb 15, 2016, 10:39 ItBurn

Quantum Break. I don't care that it's not on Steam, competition is good. What pisses me off is them forcing us to use Windows 10. And then they lie, pure lie about why it's not on Steam. There's absolutely no technological or legal reason that the game can't be on Steam or Windows 7. Ubisoft has been doing exactly what they claim for a long time for example. Microsoft doesn't give a shit about PC gamers, in fact, they wish they didn't exist. They want everyone to play on their closed xbox platform. The only reason they are porting Quantum Break is to force people to switch to Windows 10 software prison edition and try to make more people use/buy the xbox. You can't be surprised that they'd want make people pay more and control them, but what's infuriating is that they constantly lie to us about how they care about PC gamers and how they're being so great to us lowly peasants.

Quantum Break and Fable Legends both look like shit, so I'm not going to have a hard time resisting their gracious offer...

News Comments > On DOOM's Campaign Length
18. Re: On DOOM's Campaign Length Feb 14, 2016, 21:18 ItBurn

Aero wrote on Feb 14, 2016, 20:39:
When Rage was doing it's straight-forward linear shooter thing, I thought it was excellent. It was all the rest of it that got in the way and dragged it down. The most recent Wolfenstein game was similarly excellent when it was just doing the shooter thing.

Rage was terrible in my opinion. Close up textures were inexcusably abysmal, enemies were ridiculous bullet sponges, there were dumb invisible walls everywhere, levels were TOO linear and it was overall tedious and slow.

News Comments > PC Need for Speed in March
14. Re: PC Need for Speed in March Feb 12, 2016, 09:46 ItBurn

No manual transmission, no cockpit view = no sale  

1649 Comments. 83 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo