Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 1576 (Pro)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support
7. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support Dec 7, 2015, 14:27 ItBurn

Drayth wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 14:23:
The creation kit (or w/e it'll be called) isn't out yet, right? I would assume most mods are basically kludgey mini-hacks to begin with at this point anyways.

If they announce they're not releasing the editor then it's time to wtf.

Pretty much all the best mods for Skyrim used "kludgey mini-hacks". If they're not supported anymore, it would be a pretty big deal.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support
1. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support Dec 7, 2015, 14:09 ItBurn

No way this is intentional. Mods are probably the main reason why Bethesda's games are so popular nowadays. If I was forced to find a reason why they'd block the current mods, it would be because they're not possible on consoles. These mods aren't made with the editor(which isn't available yet) and would be impossible to do on a console. Maybe Beth wouldn't want console gamers to feel left out...  

News Comments > Shadow Complex Remastered for Free
19. Re: Shadow Complex Remastered for Free Dec 4, 2015, 21:58 ItBurn

So I'm downloading Shadow Complex. The way the Unreal launcher works, you already see a tab for all of their games, so you don't really have a library and you don't actually add the game or anything. You just install it... The way it seems to be advertised, I think that you might lose access to the game after the holidays... Kinda undermines the free thing and gives a bad rep to the launcher. But we'll see...  

News Comments > Star Citizen Trailer; Arena Commander Free Demo
8. Re: Star Citizen Trailer; Arena Commander Free Demo Dec 4, 2015, 10:45 ItBurn

Creston wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 09:49:
Despite them saying it's all seamless, there's nothing in here that shows that it's seamless, and I remain very skeptical about that claim.

Also, dear God, what kind of computer will you need to run this decently?

If you'd follow the game a bit more closely, you'd have seen a lot of videos showing the seamless transitions. And I meant a bit, because I don't really follow it, but I've seen lots of vids.

You'll need a pretty good computer. This is part of the goal of the game, to make something that actually pushes PC hardware. It's not releasing soon, so don't worry too much about it.

News Comments > Shadow Complex Remastered for Free
1. Re: Shadow Complex Remastered for Free Dec 4, 2015, 09:42 ItBurn

Free eh? Sold. Support competition, stop launcher hate.  

News Comments > GOG.com Winter Sale
13. Re: GOG.com Winter Sale Dec 2, 2015, 11:32 ItBurn

I already have all the games.

Shadow Warrior(the new one) is pretty cheap! Great FPS.

News Comments > DOOM MP Alpha This Week
14. Re: DOOM MP Alpha This Week Nov 30, 2015, 15:16 ItBurn

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 30, 2015, 14:59:
ItBurn wrote on Nov 30, 2015, 09:14:
If you've never played the Brutal Doom mod for Doom, I can understand that you'd think that the new Doom trailer looked good. For someone that has played Brutal Doom, I can tell you that the new Doom looks meh... It's wayyyy too slow and the killing is unsatisfying because of all the repetitive executions that constantly pause the action. Also, the guns sound pretty bad, especially the plasma gun, what the hell. Play Brutal Doom right now, it's one of the best shooters on the market at the moment. It reminded me what actual level design looked like.
Brutal Doom is a mod predicated entirely on nostalgia - it's not a worthwhile game in its own right, let alone 'one of the best shooters on the market'. You're talking shit mate. To call the new Doom 'too slow' is laughable when it's one of the most fast-paced shooters we've seen recently. I mean, seriously - go back and watch a few videos of Doom 1 or 2, they're not any faster paced.

Personally I think the new Doom is exactly what the franchise needs and I say that as someone who played the originals extensively when they came out and Wolfenstein 3D before them. You're free to disagree but don't insult us by bringing Brutal Doom into the discussion.

Nah, I stand by my claim. Brutal Doom is one of the best shooters on the market at the moment. Is it the best looking? Is it AAA? Hell no. I play a lot of shooters and I did re-watch and re-watch again the new Doom trailer. I don't see in what world the new doom could be called "one of the most fast-paced". And I'm not talking about the original Doom games, I'm talking about Brutal Doom specifically. I'm not saying you can't disagree either, but don't insult me by saying that I'm insulting "us". What do you have against Brutal Doom?

Here's a video comparison of Brutal Doom vs the new Doom. Fast paced, really? comparison (I don't necessarily agree with everything in this video or what the poster says.)

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY VI PC Listing
4. Re: FINAL FANTASY VI PC Listing Nov 30, 2015, 11:15 ItBurn

harlock wrote on Nov 30, 2015, 11:02:
ItBurn wrote on Nov 30, 2015, 09:40:
My favorite FF game. Actually, the only one I like... But damn, stop putting it on everything. Unless you're going to make a graphically updated version, which I highly doubt. I mean, we've had emulators for a loooong time.

you do know these companies are trying to make money right? they arent doing this for fun, or nostalgia... just because "you" dont want to buy it, doesnt mean shit.. theres a ton of kids who have never heard of emulators who WILL buy it

in case you are still wondering why.. its really very easy to figure out when you get over yourself... but until that happens, everything is so confusing im sure

Image reply

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY VI PC Listing
1. Re: FINAL FANTASY VI PC Listing Nov 30, 2015, 09:40 ItBurn

My favorite FF game. Actually, the only one I like... But damn, stop putting it on everything. Unless you're going to make a graphically updated version, which I highly doubt. I mean, we've had emulators for a loooong time.  

News Comments > DOOM MP Alpha This Week
12. Re: DOOM MP Alpha This Week Nov 30, 2015, 09:14 ItBurn

If you've never played the Brutal Doom mod for Doom, I can understand that you'd think that the new Doom trailer looked good. For someone that has played Brutal Doom, I can tell you that the new Doom looks meh... It's wayyyy too slow and the killing is unsatisfying because of all the repetitive executions that constantly pause the action. Also, the guns sound pretty bad, especially the plasma gun, what the hell. Play Brutal Doom right now, it's one of the best shooters on the market at the moment. It reminded me what actual level design looked like.  

News Comments > Windows and OS X PS4 Remote Play Plans
8. Re: Windows and OS X PS4 Remote Play Plans Nov 27, 2015, 17:23 ItBurn

Verno wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 15:34:
ItBurn wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 14:57:
I don't get it. Why would you want to do this?

Someone is using the TV in the living room while you are in the den. You can still play a game you want (from a console in the living room) while sitting on a different platform. As opposed to buying a second PS4 or etc.

It makes perfect sense.

Ok, I see. That's just not something that would ever happen to me.

News Comments > Windows and OS X PS4 Remote Play Plans
1. Re: Windows and OS X PS4 Remote Play Plans Nov 27, 2015, 14:57 ItBurn

I don't get it. Why would you want to do this?  

News Comments > Bombshell in January; Prequel Revealed
3. Re: Bombshell in January; Prequel Revealed Nov 20, 2015, 23:16 ItBurn

I f-ing love the build engine. If you've never played Blood, pick it up on GOG, you won't regret it.  

News Comments > Mordheim: City of the Damned Launch Trailer
2. Re: Mordheim: City of the Damned Launch Trailer Nov 19, 2015, 10:49 ItBurn

This is basically a Warhammer Xcom game, with base building and all. Instead of clicking on where you want your guy to go and then watching him go, you actually move your guys around in third person until you have no more "movement" points. I like it, but it would work better with a first person view.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Delayed
5. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Delayed Nov 18, 2015, 15:59 ItBurn

From experience, 6 months usually means that there's a pretty fundamental issue in there... Not sure that can be fixed in time. Perhaps they had cut the open city hub thing and realized that the game just wasn't as fun without it...  

News Comments > Back to Dinosaur Island VR Tech Demo
1. Re: Back to Dinosaur Island VR Tech Demo Nov 18, 2015, 15:53 ItBurn

I think that Farcry 1 was originally supposed to be called Dinosaur Island. Everything changed, obviously... FC1 is in my top 5 best games of all time. Spent thousands of hours in multiplayer and it was basically the reason I managed to finish my studies with some of my sanity intact. With that said, Crytek is basically a joke now.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
8. Re: Game Reviews Nov 16, 2015, 20:20 ItBurn

WaB was pretty spot on. Except for graphics. F4 looks way better than the old games. I think he just doesn't remember F3. F4 has serious issues. It's also not much of a RPG anymore. But damn it's fun to play.  

News Comments > Jade Empire Free on Origin
2. Re: Jade Empire Free on Origin Nov 15, 2015, 17:05 ItBurn

I loved both Kotor games, but I hated Jade Empire, a lot. It was a terrrrible port on PC.  

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4
35. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4 Nov 10, 2015, 13:17 ItBurn

DG wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 13:15:
Prob not getting this until I have time to play around xmas. Is there any benefit from playing the phone app?

If you mean the pipboy app, no, it's just the ingame interface, on your phone.

If you mean the Vault game app, no. It's a standalone game.

News Comments > Survarium Video
1. Re: Survarium Video Nov 5, 2015, 21:55 ItBurn

I really don't care about *another* competitive shooter... wake me up when pve gets here.  

1576 Comments. 79 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo