Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 1649 (Pro)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 27, 2016, 16:18 ItBurn

Kxmode wrote on Mar 27, 2016, 16:11:
Nice to see a peaceful, fun game like Stardew Valley taking the #2 spot showing that not every video game needs to have violence to be successful.

But it does actually contain violence

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DOOM Multiplayer Modes Detailed
9. Re: DOOM Multiplayer Modes Detailed Mar 21, 2016, 16:16 ItBurn

clint wrote on Mar 21, 2016, 16:12:
Guessing mods will fix the lack of co-op. Doom 3 is so much more fun with co-op. Nostalgia is feeding my need to get this day one and not much more.
I miss the days when an id game meant a huge innovation to gaming.

Are there even going to be mods? They are all about snapmap right now, which seems pretty limited.

News Comments > DOOM Multiplayer Modes Detailed
1. Re: DOOM Multiplayer Modes Detailed Mar 21, 2016, 13:47 ItBurn

Completely burned out forever of this type of multiplayer.  

News Comments > Need for Speed PC Launch
13. Re: Need for Speed PC Launch Mar 17, 2016, 10:00 ItBurn

Well, at least they added manual transmission. Waiting for cockpit mode.  

News Comments > Beacon Announced
4. Re: Beacon Announced Mar 9, 2016, 11:34 ItBurn

I don't know why you guys are complaining. I find these qualifiers extremely useful in understanding what type of game it is.  

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Into the Black Mar 8, 2016, 00:19 ItBurn

NegaDeath wrote on Mar 7, 2016, 23:00:
Here's a nice sort of counter-article from PCGamer.

Great article.

Also, the PC is no longer hard to use. Steam, Uplay, Origin and all the others make it really easy to install, configure and update games. Even if you're not an enthusiast, the UWP will affect you in many ways. One of them is that modders won't be able to mod. Modding has added features, improved games, saved some games from unplayable states, saved some games from the end of their support and even created entire new genres.

The PC is what it is, the greatest gaming platform, because it's not an app store. Everything else is an app store, let us have the PC.

News Comments > Fable Legends Cancelled; Lionhead May Close
1. Re: Fable Legends Cancelled; Lionhead May Close Mar 7, 2016, 11:53 ItBurn

That game was the definition of "I never asked for this", and also of terrible uses of a franchise name. It's sad for the employees, but I'm not sad about the game...  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 6, 2016, 13:50 ItBurn

If you like that type of game, Stardew Valley is the sh*t.  

News Comments > Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die
40. Re: Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die Mar 4, 2016, 14:11 ItBurn

You can't mod a game in an app store.  

10. Re: Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die Mar 4, 2016, 11:04 ItBurn

Beamer wrote on Mar 4, 2016, 10:56:
So what's the difference between Steam and this?

I mean, I get the annoyance at it being built into the OS, but then people discuss SteamOS, which seems the same, no?

No, here Microsoft wants to force everyone to go through their app store to buy games. This is the first step. They also want to make the PC a closed platform like a console. In their world, you can say bye to mods and configuration. Steam os is very open.

9. Re: Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die Mar 4, 2016, 11:03 ItBurn

This is the biggest threat to PC gaming I've seen. Microsoft is incredibly aggressive these days, not just in gaming. They are forcing a lot of things that aren't in the interest of consumers. They are making Windows more closed, they are forcing ads, they are monetizing personal information. If most games get ported to Steam OS, I'll gladly switch to that for my gaming. I still think that it'll be hard for Microsoft to achieve their evil goals because of Steam. People are really invested into Steam and the little world it created. Microsoft forcing Windows 10 down people's throats and locking away directX12 might force publishers into a corner though.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 1, 2016, 21:18 ItBurn

Microsoft really wants to make the PC a closed platform. I really want Microsoft to go out of business.  

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
1. Re: Evening Screenshots Mar 1, 2016, 10:03 ItBurn

Kinda interested in Vampyr. From what little I could find, it seems to be similar in gameplay to VTMB, except set in old times. Action combat, skill trees, interconnected "hubs". It's made from the guys who did Life is Strange. I actually hated that game. Hated the writing. The game itself is a glitchy mess too. So I don't know what to think.  

News Comments > X Rebirth Expansion; Patch; Demo
7. Re: X Rebirth Expansion; Patch; Demo Feb 25, 2016, 21:01 ItBurn

If you're a fan of Freelancer, and you want a game like that, X and Elite will bore you to death.  

News Comments > Project Highrise Announced
5. Re: Project Highrise Announced Feb 24, 2016, 13:36 ItBurn

Sim tower was great, but lacked "something". I've been wanting a remake for a long time. Maybe this is it?  

News Comments > Trinium Wars Trailer & Class Details
1. Re: Trinium Wars Trailer & Class Details Feb 24, 2016, 10:02 ItBurn

This is pretty much the most generic thing I've ever seen.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Mod Support in April; Survival Mode Beta Soon
6. Re: Fallout 4 Mod Support in April; Survival Mode Beta Soon Feb 23, 2016, 12:22 ItBurn

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 23, 2016, 12:12:
ItBurn wrote on Feb 23, 2016, 10:18:
Can't wait for survival mode! It sounds awesome.

I haven't checked in on it yet, I take it this isn't coop survival in the Fallout world, is it? Now that would get my titties perky. To me that is sort of the standard in today's state of the art survival games.

It's not going to be multiplayer, it's Fallout 4, it's single player. It's going to be the same exact game, except that you'll have to eat, drink, sleep and it'll be more difficult.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Mod Support in April; Survival Mode Beta Soon
2. Re: Fallout 4 Mod Support in April; Survival Mode Beta Soon Feb 23, 2016, 10:18 ItBurn

Can't wait for survival mode! It sounds awesome.  

News Comments > Dawn of War II Freebies and More
9. Re: Dawn of War II Freebies and More Feb 22, 2016, 15:13 ItBurn

The link now goes to the free Dawn of War 2 DLC download, but the other 3 games don't appear to be free.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Feb 22, 2016, 10:58 ItBurn

Undying was an amazing game. One of the scariest game I've ever played. The atmosphere was amazing. So many great locations and an interesting story. It was pretty innovative too, with weapon customization, upgradable spells, different bullet types, dynamic shadows, location specific dismemberment...

Clive's other game, can't remember the name, bombed though. I did play it and I actually liked it. It's a decent linear horror shooter. The story is cool, but it ends abruptly. It's worth a play if you like mindless Painkiller-like gameplay.

1649 Comments. 83 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo