Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 1692 (Pro)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout 4 Far Harbor This Month
10. Re: Fallout 4 Far Harbor This Month May 4, 2016, 17:21 ItBurn

Red wrote on May 4, 2016, 16:53:
Tachikoma wrote on May 4, 2016, 14:25:
Building a proper survival mode/game is not as easy as everybody trying to jump on the bandwagon thinks it is. It takes much more than just slapping on some rudimentary diseases and fiddling with a few stats.

But does everybody think it's easy? I've seen some pretty thoughtful and thorough posts on various forums also explaining that doing survival correctly is a lot of work and needs to be considered far more deeply than Bethesda seems to grasp. I think it's just Bethesda that thought it'd be as simple as slapping in some conditions, fiddling with stats, and adding arbitrary overhead tasks.

I don't think Bethesda thinks that this survival mode is perfect and they never claimed that it was more than what was delivered. It's just an alternate way to play the game. The only reason it exists is because it was possible for them to release this quickly without using too many resources. Modders can definitely improve on it now and Bethesda even added new features that couldn't be modded into the game that will allow modders to do even better work. I'm talking mostly about the new icons.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Fallout 4 Far Harbor This Month May 4, 2016, 16:43 ItBurn

LittleMe wrote on May 4, 2016, 16:38:
Took them more than six months to release an expansion... 'Cause making one iz hard when your game engine is poorly executed (unstable) and your staff consistently puts out shoddy work, right Bethesda?

I'm not saying that their engine is great, but Bethesda's games are some of the finest games there are and 6 months is a great delay before an expansion release... They even gave us several smaller expansions in between...

1. Re: Fallout 4 Far Harbor This Month May 4, 2016, 13:00 ItBurn

I've been playing the survival mode and it's unplayable. The game is way too unstable. I keep dying because of bugs and losing hours of progress. I downloaded a mod that lets you place down bedrolls to save your game. I reload these in case of crashes. It does help, but progress is sooo slow. At this rate, I don't think I'll be able to get far enough in the game to be able to start Far Harbor. Might have to play it with my non-survival character.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue May 2, 2016, 15:08 ItBurn

jdreyer wrote on May 2, 2016, 14:58:
Playground-Related Brain Injuries on Rise in U.S.

I wonder if those padded rubber surfaces around the jungle gyms and swings are making parents less watchful and kids less careful.

I'm going to bet that it's because we're too overprotective. Kids don't grow up learning to be careful because we prevent them all these learning opportunities by trying to protect them too much.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. May 2, 2016, 11:42 ItBurn

eRe4s3r wrote on May 2, 2016, 11:39:
ItBurn wrote on May 2, 2016, 10:00:
I think it stops being an easter egg when every news site puts the ester egg details right in the news title BEFORE the game is released. I mean, it would have been awesome to find this on my own in the game, but now, I don't really care... It's impossible to fully enjoy something nowadays, unless you disconnect from the internet...

Only read bluesnews Chance for spoilers near 0%

On Facebook, one of my friends liked the IGN post for it, so it showed up on my wall and their post is actually the full video of it. Even if you disable auto-play, the screen cap shows clearly what it is... It's all about the clicks!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue May 2, 2016, 10:02 ItBurn

After watching the new teens react, I understand why they made the new Doom a Halo clone in many ways. That's what the kids/teens market wants, it's all they know.

Edit: It was awesome to hear the girl who played it before say that the new one had a generic futuristic look instead of the scarier and demonic one of the originals.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. May 2, 2016, 10:00 ItBurn

I think it stops being an easter egg when every news site puts the ester egg details right in the news title BEFORE the game is released. I mean, it would have been awesome to find this on my own in the game, but now, I don't really care... It's impossible to fully enjoy something nowadays, unless you disconnect from the internet...  

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Ban Wave Catches Pros
12. Re: Team Fortress 2 Ban Wave Catches Pros May 1, 2016, 13:09 ItBurn

Cheaters are scum, but they're excellent training. When I played a lot of farcry 1, I used to practice against cheaters all the time. You learn a lot and it gets the hackers so mad when you manage to kill them. Satisfying. You have to be able to manage your emotions though...  

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Ban Wave Catches Pros
2. Re: Team Fortress 2 Ban Wave Catches Pros Apr 30, 2016, 13:54 ItBurn

The best feeling  

News Comments > DOOM Single-Player Video
43. Re: DOOM Single-Player Video Apr 29, 2016, 10:52 ItBurn

jdreyer wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 02:54:
ItBurn wrote on Apr 28, 2016, 22:35:

The main flaw with console ports isn't the options(it's still important), it's the changes made to the game to cater to the lowest common denominator. No amount of options will remove that.

Wait, wut? That's the very definition of options. If they've done them right, they can totally remove that.

I was talking about gameplay, not specs. They simplify the gameplay, or make the gameplay more generic, to satisfy the lowest common denominator, of people's tastes and experience in gaming. It has nothing to do with options.

41. Re: DOOM Single-Player Video Apr 29, 2016, 10:50 ItBurn

descender wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 10:28:
how many areas will be "kill all the demons before a door opens"? That's not Doom.

Be honest now... Did you ever even play Doom? Because they use exactly that mechanic, repeatedly... in both games.

Nope. Doom 1 and 2 are about finding keys and opening new sections of the level to reach the exit. Killing enemies is entirely optional. It's more fun to kill them, but you can absolutely ignore them in 95% of the cases. I know this because I've replayed them very recently with Brutal Doom. Such a blast. Makes me miss good level design.

18. Re: DOOM Single-Player Video Apr 28, 2016, 23:57 ItBurn

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 28, 2016, 23:46:
Fantaz wrote on Apr 28, 2016, 23:21:
i'm actually kinda excited to play Doom single-player... i'm sure it will be more fun than Duke Nukem Forever

But every dentist appointment ever would also classify for that comparison....

That said, it doesn't look as horrible as it looked in the trailer, not sold on this weird 4th wall breaking challenge/skill points nonsense though. Why is it not all part of the game world?

zomg going to the dentist is the thing I hate the most in the entire world. As for Duke Nukem Forever, I really liked it... It has crazy amounts of interactivity and some pretty interesting features. It also has lots of variety and I thought it was just fun... I wasn't expecting anything special, so maybe that's why I liked it.

13. Re: DOOM Single-Player Video Apr 28, 2016, 22:35 ItBurn

PixelScuba wrote on Apr 28, 2016, 21:58:
Not JUST the indicators; they showed a whole host of options in the menu. Crosshairs, HUD, markers, enemy flashing, notifications... you can play the game as a mainstreamed shooter or essentially strip the game to a bare-bones fps on both PC AND console. There is even a FOV slider on the console version of the game.

I think this is a pretty high water mark for fps gaming features on both PC and console since you can enable all the modern amenities we've come to expect from fps genre... or essentially set the FOV slider to 100+, turn off every helper setting and effect, and play a classic shooter.

I mean, PC gamers love to bitch and bemoan consoles... but this seems to be the best of both worlds; console features that can be entirely disabled on PC (AND consoles, too!)

The main flaw with console ports isn't the options(it's still important), it's the changes made to the game to cater to the lowest common denominator. No amount of options will remove that. Maybe you don't think it's that bad, but I have imagination and memory and I can see it done better. It's not the best of both worlds.

5. Re: DOOM Single-Player Video Apr 28, 2016, 20:49 ItBurn

A lot of the problems that were present in the last gameplay video still seem to be here, but one thing that seems a bit better than I expected is the executions. It seems that monsters go into "execution mode" only if your shot doesn't kill them. It's like, if they're close enough to death, they'll go into this "staggered" mode where you can use the melee if you want. It doesn't sound like it'll stop gameplay as much as I thought. It still kinda sucks and breaks the immersion that they flash red and blue and stuff.

Also, it looks like there's no textures, just colored polygons, like all the Id engine games. The art style is also pretty generic.

I think it'll probably be fun, but the flaws and visual style look like they'll make this just an average, forgettable game.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Mods Open Beta
20. Re: Fallout 4 Mods Open Beta Apr 28, 2016, 14:57 ItBurn

Dunkirk wrote on Apr 28, 2016, 14:37:
I think this comment arises because there's really no way to play the game as a "bad guy." All of the dialog choices basically move you along the same path of being a hero.

There's indeed very little RPG left in Fallout 4 and I think this is agreed by almost everyone. Not saying it's a bad game.

News Comments > Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition Launches
4. Re: Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition Launches Apr 28, 2016, 13:18 ItBurn

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 28, 2016, 12:19:
ItBurn wrote on Apr 28, 2016, 11:50:
I've watched the trailer and read the announcement, but I still have no idea what this edition has that is new.

I love metroidvanias, but I dunno, I don't like the look of this one and I'm not sure about the mechanics and how it seems to play.

If you actually WATCHED the trailer it flat out TELLS you what is new.

Watched the intro and damn..... beautiful game, sad story start.

OK, I watched it again. I guess I was expecting more... It's basically the exact same game, but with DLC I guess, not really a remaster like they claim.

News Comments > Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition Launches
2. Re: Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition Launches Apr 28, 2016, 11:50 ItBurn

I've watched the trailer and read the announcement, but I still have no idea what this edition has that is new.

I love metroidvanias, but I dunno, I don't like the look of this one and I'm not sure about the mechanics and how it seems to play.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Mods Open Beta
17. Re: Fallout 4 Mods Open Beta Apr 28, 2016, 10:18 ItBurn

The system is nice because it's actually ingame. There's a menu option for it. You go through mods, select one and the game downloads it and installs it live. It's pretty good.

It's probably going to be limited though. I doubt it'll support the script extender, which is used in every good mod. But I have no idea.

I'm guessing that they'll prevent some mods from being listed for various reasons though, so you'll still probably need to get some mods an other way.

News Comments > More BioWare Teasing
9. Re: More BioWare Teasing Apr 27, 2016, 14:12 ItBurn

Bioware update livestream up now  

News Comments > Paragon Beta Weekend
14. Re: Paragon Beta Weekend Apr 26, 2016, 18:16 ItBurn

Beamer wrote on Apr 26, 2016, 18:02:
ItBurn wrote on Apr 26, 2016, 16:52:
Beamer wrote on Apr 26, 2016, 16:39:
Slick wrote on Apr 26, 2016, 15:10:

I've played all of them, and so far battleborn is the clear winner.

Has anyone played Strafe yet?

Strafe has nothing to do with these games... I did play an early version of Strafe. It was ok. Unless Strafe is some kind of Battleborn character?

Isn't Paragon just a throwback, team based FPS?

In any case, as far as throwback styles go, Strafe looks more fun.

Paragon is a multiplayer moba with modern 3rd person arcade shooting. Strafe is a somewhat old-school single player first person shooter rogue-like . They could hardly be more different and I really don't see what's "throwback" about Paragon.

1692 Comments. 85 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo