Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 1611 (Pro)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Stardew Valley Sells 1M
5. Re: Stardew Valley Sells 1M Apr 13, 2016, 23:47 ItBurn

Game is clearly a labor of love, but it's also just the right type of game of this type... He made all the right calls.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Tease
18. Re: BioShock Infinite Tease Apr 13, 2016, 15:06 ItBurn

sauron wrote on Apr 13, 2016, 15:03:
ItBurn wrote on Apr 13, 2016, 14:52:
sauron wrote on Apr 13, 2016, 14:35:
nin wrote on Apr 13, 2016, 14:01:
sauron wrote on Apr 13, 2016, 13:19:
Shelob and I tried playing through Bioshock 1 and had to stop because it was too scary. True story.

Kind of embarrassing, what with me being the Lord of Mordor and all.

OK, I'm a total pansy when it comes to horror games and made it through that one...

I think it was that scene with the fluffy kittens that did it. Those things are terrifying.

Face your fears guys. If video games aren't the easiest and safest way of doing that, I don't know what is.

Eh, OK. I'll give Bioshock 1 another try. But I'm definitely not playing Fluffy Kitten Simulator - that one is just too spine-chilling.

I'd skip Bioshock 1 though :p I never finished it myself, got too bored. Don't worry, I know all about the ending.

16. Re: BioShock Infinite Tease Apr 13, 2016, 14:52 ItBurn

sauron wrote on Apr 13, 2016, 14:35:
nin wrote on Apr 13, 2016, 14:01:
sauron wrote on Apr 13, 2016, 13:19:
Shelob and I tried playing through Bioshock 1 and had to stop because it was too scary. True story.

Kind of embarrassing, what with me being the Lord of Mordor and all.

OK, I'm a total pansy when it comes to horror games and made it through that one...

I think it was that scene with the fluffy kittens that did it. Those things are terrifying.

Face your fears guys. If video games aren't the easiest and safest way of doing that, I don't know what is.

7. Re: BioShock Infinite Tease Apr 13, 2016, 11:15 ItBurn

The story was interesting and the art design was good, but the games are linear, static, simple and have bad shooting. Playing them isn't really pleasant, but maybe it's because I've played more shooters than most.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Apr 13, 2016, 10:12 ItBurn

Bloodlines is in my top 5 games of all time. It's so damn good. So damn good.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Creation Kit Beta Signups
17. Re: Fallout 4 Creation Kit Beta Signups Apr 11, 2016, 16:15 ItBurn

MattyC wrote on Apr 11, 2016, 16:11:
Tachikoma wrote on Apr 11, 2016, 15:08:
Razumen wrote on Apr 11, 2016, 14:52:
the argument that it will be dumbed down because of consoles doesn't quite fit

Dude, don`t try and find reason or logic in your average console-hater`s argument - it is truly a waste of time.

Especially when it comes to Bethesda. Truth is, I actually wouldn`t be surprised if they turned around one day and said "well, fuck you too" to the PC crowd, for the amount of unsubstantiated hate this company receives is incomparable to anybody else.

Seems that way. The time/$ I got out of Fallout 3, Skyrim, and Fallout 4 is absurd. No idea why anyone would hate on any of those games. Oblivion I wasn't as big on, but even it was a great game...

There's a difference between hating and seeing flaws.

8. Re: Fallout 4 Creation Kit Beta Signups Apr 11, 2016, 14:10 ItBurn

Razumen wrote on Apr 11, 2016, 13:56:
ItBurn wrote on Apr 11, 2016, 13:37:
Shineyguy wrote on Apr 11, 2016, 13:32:
ItBurn wrote on Apr 11, 2016, 13:27:
Creston wrote on Apr 11, 2016, 13:20:
It is taking them just stupidly long to release the CK this time around. Might it have something to do with them trying hard to pawn quite underwhelming DLC? (so far, I hope Far Harbor will be awesome) Nah.

I think it has more to do with the fact that consoles will support some form of modding. I don't see how this can bring anything good to PC modders.

It'll make developing mods for Fo4 on PC easier that's for sure, but yeah a lot of the time spent releasing the GECK probably has to do with the fact that it's hitting console as well.

Easier, maybe. More limited, likely.

Aside from theories, why would it be more limited? There are already things modders can't do in FO4 because they don't have access to the tools, if anything the kit will expand mods much more than before. I doubt they're intentionally going to artificially limit its capability, nor be unable to as the engine is pretty much the same as Skyrim's functionality-wise.

As for those that say they're holding it back to sell more DLC, they're ignoring the fact that their expansions have always benefited from mods. Skyrim's DLC quickly became required for man popular mods, and I believe there's already mods that require FO4's Automatron content.

I'm saying that they might limit what you could do in Skyrim. It's the same engine, and yes, the same editor they used with Skyrim would work with FO4. But, when things are shared between PCs and consoles, historically, it gets dumbed down for the lowest common denominator. In this case, it's the limited, closed platform land of consoles. I have no idea what will actually happen, but Bethesda is known to prioritize consoles. Look at their game UIs. They are the worst of the industry on PC, but they work well on console. Look at Doom too. The editor is a joke. You can make cookie cutter maps, but there's no real editor. But it works on consoles, yay!

6. Re: Fallout 4 Creation Kit Beta Signups Apr 11, 2016, 13:37 ItBurn

Shineyguy wrote on Apr 11, 2016, 13:32:
ItBurn wrote on Apr 11, 2016, 13:27:
It is taking them just stupidly long to release the CK this time around. Might it have something to do with them trying hard to pawn quite underwhelming DLC? (so far, I hope Far Harbor will be awesome) Nah.

I think it has more to do with the fact that consoles will support some form of modding. I don't see how this can bring anything good to PC modders.

It'll make developing mods for Fo4 on PC easier that's for sure, but yeah a lot of the time spent releasing the GECK probably has to do with the fact that it's hitting console as well.

Easier, maybe. More limited, likely.

4. Re: Fallout 4 Creation Kit Beta Signups Apr 11, 2016, 13:27 ItBurn

News Comments > Nosgoth Ending
1. Re: Nosgoth Ending Apr 8, 2016, 23:03 ItBurn

To me, Legacy of Kain starts and dies with Blood Omen. It's a great, dark, Zelda clone. I don't speak of the other games... old-ass CGI intro  

News Comments > Battleborn Open Beta Preloads
9. Re: Battleborn Open Beta Preloads Apr 7, 2016, 14:36 ItBurn

LittleMe wrote on Apr 7, 2016, 14:28:
Wait now I'm confused. I thought it had story line coop from day one. That video is very well done. They have great writers imo.

They do, but only one episode. More or less one zone and a boss. They'll release the rest of the campaign after release. It's probably going to take a long time. I'm not sure your character progress will be saved between missions either.

7. Re: Battleborn Open Beta Preloads Apr 7, 2016, 12:29 ItBurn

Darks wrote on Apr 7, 2016, 12:23:
ItBurn wrote on Apr 7, 2016, 12:02:
The only thing that interests me is the single player, which won't actually be complete on release. It'll take a long time before they create the whole campaign. Also, it's basically Borderlands, but with no loot. Loot MADE Borderlands. Without it, it's not much more than a generic shooter with serviceable gameplay. I watched TB's playthrough of it and it only confirmed this. ZERO interest in all these MOBA clones, regardless of the coat of paint or perspective.

This game is not just that, it also has a campaign to play Coop with friends. The PVP part is what I avoid to, not my cup of tea.

I'm just looking forward to playing the Storyline Coop.

I said singleplayer, but I was talking about the storyline coop.

4. Re: Battleborn Open Beta Preloads Apr 7, 2016, 12:02 ItBurn

The only thing that interests me is the single player/coop, which won't actually be complete on release. It'll take a long time before they create the whole campaign. Also, it's basically Borderlands, but with no loot. Loot MADE Borderlands. Without it, it's not much more than a generic shooter with serviceable gameplay. I watched TB's playthrough of it and it only confirmed this. ZERO interest in all these MOBA clones, regardless of the coat of paint or perspective.

This comment was edited on Apr 7, 2016, 12:33.

News Comments > Evening Previews
11. Re: Evening Previews Apr 5, 2016, 11:37 ItBurn

VaranDragon wrote on Apr 5, 2016, 11:32:
Unlike most of you people here, Im still stoked for Doom, console port or not. Im through waiting for a true full blooded PC FPS game, as that will never come again, but a good console port might emerge every now and again. I really, really liked the first CoD:MW, it was fun, fresh and fast paced, so Im taking a wait and see approach and not going to judge based on what some guy wrote on reddit. Im still mainly interested in the single player game anyway, they have the chainsaw, they have the SSG, they have pentagrams, so they have to be on the right track at least.

It's not about it being good or bad, it's about it not being Doom or an ID game at all. Aren't you tired of devs/publishers prostituting franchises you love to make a quick buck and sell it to the lowest common denominator?

I personally don't care about the MP. Even if it was done properly, I wouldn't be interested. The single player... There's a whole bunch of issues with it too! No one has played it, but the videos tell a lot. It looks ok, but it could be so much better. Brutal Doom FTW.

News Comments > Evening Previews
9. Re: Evening Previews Apr 5, 2016, 10:00 ItBurn

Worth a buy preview

No weapon pickups? Only two weapons at a time? Weapons you have to unlock? Perks that unbalance the game? You're a new player, but you're a hardcore fps player since the days of doom? Tough luck, the others all have the armor perk and have more armor than you.

Call of Doomalo

News Comments > Starbound Launch Nears
6. Re: Starbound Launch Nears Apr 4, 2016, 22:48 ItBurn

Is it close to being as great as Terraria in coop?  

News Comments > Fool Me Twice 2016
7. Re: Fool Me Twice 2016 Apr 2, 2016, 10:45 ItBurn

MSdos mobile is a great idea actually. But it's already out. Someone ported dosbox a while ago. It's great to play classic games like Heroes of Might and magic.  

News Comments > Diablo III Season 6 Next Month
8. Re: Diablo III Season 6 Next Month Apr 1, 2016, 16:25 ItBurn

Alamar wrote on Apr 1, 2016, 15:58:
ItBurn wrote on Apr 1, 2016, 15:25:
Come on Blizzard, you finally had something good with D3 and you're ditching it(stopping developing real new content)? You better be working on D4 or something.

What is it you consider 'new content' if it's not the new zones, creatures, items, that come with the seasons?

For me it's full expansion or GTFO. A zone and a handful of new things in it doesn't help me get unbored from doing the same things over and over and over.

7. Re: Diablo III Season 6 Next Month Apr 1, 2016, 16:24 ItBurn

descender wrote on Apr 1, 2016, 16:10:
Come on Blizzard, you finally had something good with D3 and you're ditching it(stopping developing real new content)? You better be working on D4 or something.

I would imagine they are in full-swing working on the second expansion that is supposed to release this year.

Supposed? As far as I know there's no plans for a second expansion. It should have been here already if there was one I think...

3. Re: Diablo III Season 6 Next Month Apr 1, 2016, 15:25 ItBurn

1611 Comments. 81 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo