Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 2104 (Senior)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Dungeons 3 Breaks Out
2. Re: Dungeons 3 Breaks Out Oct 14, 2017, 01:01 ItBurn

Does it have first person monster control?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam VR Room Space Getting Roomier
5. Re: Steam VR Room Space Getting Roomier Oct 11, 2017, 14:59 ItBurn

Cutter wrote on Oct 11, 2017, 11:13:
Seems to me VR needs games more than it needs anymore tech atm.

I dunno man, it feels like I see a new VR game release almost every day.

News Comments > etc., etc.
11. Re: etc., etc. Oct 11, 2017, 14:55 ItBurn

ItBurn wrote on Oct 11, 2017, 14:53:
Verno wrote on Oct 11, 2017, 14:40:
Fast cuts are a symptom of both poor direction and the proliferation of PG13 movies. Hollywood always wants bigger office hauls through as wide an audience as possible which is code for PG-13. So you end up with watered down bullshit like most Marvel movies where fast cuts and jumps are inserted with sound effects to take the place of actual violence. They might as well go one step further and just insert some bubble captioned BAM POW OOF.

I don't know why imagined violence is somehow better than depicted violence but it makes Disney a lot of money so they keep doing it. Personally I think showing people some moderate respresentation of impact is probably better in the long run than showing kids that people can just punch each other through walls without any blood. But perhaps I'm not giving kids enough credit, I don't know. Either way I like my violence in movies, please stop fast cutting everything. Deadpool was so refreshing.

In my opinion(I also heard this from filmmakers...), fast cuts are done because doing real action is very hard. One, it's hard to direct and requires significantly more time to do single shots that depict the action sequence well. Two, most action actors aren't capable of doing what their characters do and it's also too risky for them to do it because if something were to happen to them, hundreds of jobs would be in jeopardy. Cutting constantly is much safer as the actor doesn't actually have to "really" do the stunt.

All is not lost, though. In the last few years, some of the best action movies of all time have come out. Practical effects, long takes, violence and actors doing their own stunts.

Bonus related video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCKhktcbfQM

10. Re: etc., etc. Oct 11, 2017, 14:53 ItBurn

Verno wrote on Oct 11, 2017, 14:40:
Fast cuts are a symptom of both poor direction and the proliferation of PG13 movies. Hollywood always wants bigger office hauls through as wide an audience as possible which is code for PG-13. So you end up with watered down bullshit like most Marvel movies where fast cuts and jumps are inserted with sound effects to take the place of actual violence. They might as well go one step further and just insert some bubble captioned BAM POW OOF.

I don't know why imagined violence is somehow better than depicted violence but it makes Disney a lot of money so they keep doing it. Personally I think showing people some moderate respresentation of impact is probably better in the long run than showing kids that people can just punch each other through walls without any blood. But perhaps I'm not giving kids enough credit, I don't know. Either way I like my violence in movies, please stop fast cutting everything. Deadpool was so refreshing.

In my opinion(I also heard this from filmmakers...), fast cuts are done because doing real action is very hard. One, it's hard to direct and requires significantly more time to do single shots that depict the action sequence well. Two, most action actors aren't capable of doing what their characters do and it's also too risky for them to do it because if something were to happen to them, hundreds of jobs would be in jeopardy. Cutting constantly is much safer as the actor doesn't actually have to "really" do the stunt.

All is not lost, though. In the last few years, some of the best action movies of all time have come out. Practical effects, long takes, violence and actors doing their own stunts.

2. Re: etc., etc. Oct 10, 2017, 23:10 ItBurn

The script was absolute garbage and it should have been obvious to anyone who signed up on it. It blows my mind.  

News Comments > Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode
14. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Oct 4, 2017, 14:13 ItBurn

I don't understand why they make us pay for a survival mode when there's already free mods that do the same thing and more. Maybe they're just testing the waters to see what consumers will pay for. Beth does that a lot.  

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Sep 30, 2017, 02:55 ItBurn

I think that Noclip documentaries are awful as documentaries. They leave out huge parts of stories in order to not hurt anyone's feelings. It's all positiveness all the time and the stuff you actually want to know about is skipped.  

News Comments > Cuphead Released
7. Re: Cuphead Released Sep 29, 2017, 17:41 ItBurn

Slick wrote on Sep 29, 2017, 17:19:
So much shit that's taken for granted, UWP definitely has its work cut out for it to achieve feature parity with Win32.

UWP can never achieve feature parity with Win32 because it's an app.

News Comments > Cuphead Released
3. Re: Cuphead Released Sep 29, 2017, 14:17 ItBurn

The art direction is absolutely amazing, but it looks kinda boring :p I think that it might be enough to make it worth the money.  

News Comments > Volition Layoffs Reported
14. Re: Volition Layoffs Reported Sep 28, 2017, 14:51 ItBurn

Good space sims are stupid-rare, but if you're looking for one, you might want to try Everspace. It's incredibly solid for what it is. It's a linear rogue-lite though. The combat and controls are great, but it gets really repetitive a bit too fast. I got enough fun out of it for my money.  

News Comments > Volition Layoffs Reported
5. Re: Volition Layoffs Reported Sep 28, 2017, 01:04 ItBurn

Their new game was badly explained, badly marketed, almost invisible and ... puzzling. How could someone think it had a chance to do good? I wouldn't want to be the person to blame for choosing/green-lighting this project.  

News Comments > Skyrim Special Edition Adding Survival Mode
6. Re: Skyrim Special Edition Adding Survival Mode Sep 28, 2017, 00:57 ItBurn

Yeah, I played exactly this(and more) years ago with 3 mods. Mods can't really affect the interface much though, so it was a bit shitty how it showed your status. Maybe this could be superior if it's better integrated with features that mods can't have.  

News Comments > Ultima Online Turns 20
27. Re: Ultima Online Turns 20 Sep 25, 2017, 16:47 ItBurn

I got into the beta, but the game crashed immediately on start and I never got it to run. I was sooo hyped for it and got so disappointed that it turned me off of it forever.  

News Comments > Ultima Online Turns 20
17. Re: Ultima Online Turns 20 Sep 25, 2017, 02:02 ItBurn

Don't know if you heard about this: Ultima 6 online  

News Comments > RUINER Boss Trailer
2. Re: RUINER Boss Trailer Sep 23, 2017, 12:53 ItBurn

I don't like top down shooters like this, but this looks good :p  

News Comments > PUBG vs Fortnite
15. Re: PUBG vs Fortnite Sep 22, 2017, 13:54 ItBurn

theglaze wrote on Sep 22, 2017, 12:43:
Creston wrote on Sep 22, 2017, 10:54:
Isn't Fortnite the "harvest resources, build a base, co-op against hordes of zombies" game? How the heck is that the same as PUBG??

Agreed!

I watched the gameplay trailer and its more like Left4Dead meets Minecraft with Team Fortress 2 cartoon-ness... those other franchises MUST be livid! /sarcasm

As I understand it, Fortnite just added a new mode that is basically a copy of PUBG. Games are mostly all copies of other games nowadays, it's nothing new, but they usually try to mask the influence, they don't downright say "we're a copy of game X" like the Fortnite devs did...

News Comments > Vampyr Delayd
9. Re: Vampyr Delayd Sep 21, 2017, 12:10 ItBurn

I would love a vampire RPG, and they claim that this is it, but everything I've seen of it points strongly towards the classic third person action game with light RPG elements.  

News Comments > Need for Speed Payback System Specs
10. Re: Need for Speed Payback System Specs Sep 20, 2017, 16:45 ItBurn

Couldn't look more generic and boring.  

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Nears 500K Sold
33. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Nears 500K Sold Sep 20, 2017, 12:12 ItBurn

Verno wrote on Sep 20, 2017, 10:42:
Sure, the interface was ass. I could say the same thing about many games these days though, including some Bethesda ones. Just sayin its not a "bad game that you liked because you were young" or whatever other nonsense he was shooting for there.

When people talk about games like that, they usually mean stuff like Deadly Towers or Deadly Premonition. Or uh Daggerfall hahaha.

Daggerfall is in my top 5 games of all time and it's definitely a "bad game". I'm not sure you played or remember Gothic 1 correctly, but I strongly disagree, it was borderline unplayable.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Sep 19, 2017, 23:04 ItBurn

Yeah, it's all dumb. I also finished Firewatch recently. It's one of the best walking simulators I thought. The story is a bit meh, but there's much more "gameplay" than usual and it's fun to explore this world. It looks like ass though, even if they're trying to give it an artsy "style".  

2104 Comments. 106 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo