Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 1611 (Pro)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Paragon Beta Weekend
7. Re: Paragon Beta Weekend Apr 26, 2016, 15:03 ItBurn

Cutter wrote on Apr 26, 2016, 12:12:
Christ, I can't keep up with all these MOBAs and FPS/Team-shooter moba dealies. It's as bad as the perioed we went through when it was WWII games out the wazoo.

I hate these games! Everyone is doing one too. It's just like the MMO orgy we had years ago. It's all about making a quick buck. Such a waste of talent.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Online Bonuses; New Maps
8. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Bonuses; New Maps Apr 24, 2016, 11:56 ItBurn

Whiskers wrote on Apr 24, 2016, 11:52:
ItBurn wrote on Apr 24, 2016, 11:47:
I didn't play much Online. I'm looking for a good coop game to play with some friends. Is that a good option? There seems to be character progression and some kind of storyline?
Coop in GTA 5 is a blast. The heist are usually pretty fun (you need 4 people), and there are a lot of little one of missions you can do for various people. You can also just run around and cause chaos and do goofy things. Might want to play in a private lobby though, as public ones are usually full of hackers, at least they were a month or so ago when I last played

We're going to be 3, so I guess heists are out of the question.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Online Bonuses; New Maps
6. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Bonuses; New Maps Apr 24, 2016, 11:47 ItBurn

GTAV was a 7/10 for me. I enjoyed 4 a LOT more. It's mostly the 3 main characters thing and the effects it has on everything.

I didn't play much Online. I'm looking for a good coop game to play with some friends. Is that a good option? There seems to be character progression and some kind of storyline?

News Comments > New Borderlands Confirmed
6. Re: New Borderlands Confirmed Apr 22, 2016, 23:06 ItBurn

I hope they actually improve the game this time instead of just slapping a number 3 on it...

Borderlands 2 fixed almost no issues from the first game and the pre-sequel fixed none. There's serious issues in there. There's barely anything new either. Just samey new characters and a new story. The history shows that they probably won't do much.

News Comments > RUINER Announced
20. Re: RUINER Announced Apr 21, 2016, 17:51 ItBurn

Creston wrote on Apr 21, 2016, 17:48:
ItBurn wrote on Apr 21, 2016, 14:43:
NetHead wrote on Apr 21, 2016, 14:36:
Jerykk wrote on Apr 21, 2016, 12:21:

I don't really feel that every genre needs to have RPG elements. Hotline Miami had none and it was great.

...wall of text...

I agree. It would be amazing if it was a Diablo clone with automatic weaponry.

I think that was called Star Siege, and it was pretty bad...

It's not because one game failed that no other game with similar ideas can succeed.

9. Re: RUINER Announced Apr 21, 2016, 14:43 ItBurn

NetHead wrote on Apr 21, 2016, 14:36:
Jerykk wrote on Apr 21, 2016, 12:21:

I don't really feel that every genre needs to have RPG elements. Hotline Miami had none and it was great.

...wall of text...

I agree. It would be amazing if it was a Diablo clone with automatic weaponry. If not, I can't see how it can keep my interest.

3. Re: RUINER Announced Apr 21, 2016, 09:59 ItBurn

I usually have zero interest in these games, but this trailer was badass.  

News Comments > DOOM Open Beta Extended
37. Re: DOOM Open Beta Extended Apr 18, 2016, 12:54 ItBurn

HorrorScope wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 12:43:
mram wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 02:45:
Both me and my kiddo got on the Overwatch beta and the Doom beta for this weekend. We played the hell out of Overwatch. Doom got about 10 minutes, and we even had some trouble with logging in.

Pretty much my entire feelings are mirrored by the plentiful Steam reviews.

Was that a full 10 minutes or more like hard 5? Yes, someone stated that a lot of reviews are from players under 1 hour, I think he meant that as a bad review due to not enough time. But whatever, either game you mention is just all more of the same we've had, good or bad. Doom is all but a name now, those that mattered in the making of the franchise, long gone.

One hour is enough! It's all the same, over and over.

News Comments > DOOM Open Beta Extended
31. Re: DOOM Open Beta Extended Apr 18, 2016, 09:51 ItBurn

Qbex . wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 09:30:
HoSpanky wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 09:08:
I couldn't get past the smeary look of the game. Like it was rendered at 480p and up scaled to 1440p. I'm betting it's largely the shitty AA they force you to use, but there's no way to turn it off to check. You literally cannot get a good look at anything in the game, it's all slightly out of focus.

That's because that pos reverts back to 1080p on your 1440p screen even if it says 1440p in options, you have to re-apply it every time you start the game. From technical and A/V side this beta is as shitty consolised trash as it gets, core mechanics are even worst IMHO. Worst part is, judging by recent AAA "beta" trends that are just glorified demos few weeks before lunch I can bet not much if anything will change at release, sure they will unlock some gfx options but not much else.

I have a 1080p monitor and the game looked upscaled from 1440p. It looks blurry as sh*t. Noticeably terrible. Also, there's no way to turn AA off, I hate AA. The game is a blurry mess. Maybe they're trying to hide the terrible textures because of their shitty megatextures.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 17, 2016, 18:18 ItBurn

I've gotten into Enter the Gungeon. It makes me so mad. I didn't manage to beat level 2 yet. I can beat the dungeon no problem, but the bosses are such a difficulty spike. This game is basically the same as Binding of Isaac, except with less items, variation and crazy combinations. The problem is that the difficulty curve is too harsh. It's not really a curve, it's more like difficulty walls. I don't think I'm going to put more effort into it because for now it's just frustration with no progress.

I've been tempted to try Hyper Light Drifter, but I'm afraid of having a similar experience...

News Comments > DOOM Open Beta Opens
48. Re: DOOM Open Beta Opens Apr 17, 2016, 10:52 ItBurn

Quinn wrote on Apr 17, 2016, 03:44:
ItBurn wrote on Apr 17, 2016, 00:52:
Played an hour. It was boring. You move incredibly slowly and everyone has too much health. It definitely feels like halo. At least if it was more like call of duty you'd die faster. There's not much else to say really...

How old are you? Because right now you sound like a person who grew up with CoD instead of Quake, Doom and Unreal. The fact that everyone has much health is an absolute winner for me! It's like old times, where winning against another player was based on being consistently better than the other player instead of who's having the most twitchy trigger-finger.

This game is the first game in ages where I was finally handed everyone their asses. I think I killed 15 guys before I kicked the bucket because fights weren't over in an instant and accuracy mattered again.

I am pleasantly surprised. The graphics are weird and yes, you move a tad too slow, but finally! An FPS that doesn't try to be realistic or like CoD!

I'm old enough that I was gaming before fps games even existed... With that said, it feels like everyone has more health than in Quake 3, and a LOT more than in the old Dooms. It's the overall balance, the way the game is setup, it's unsatisfying and it's really easy to get your kills stolen. I was saying that COD would be better than Halo, not because I want it to be like COD, but because this new doom IS a mix of COD and Halo. If they were going to make it like that, I would have preferred that they take the health of COD.

I personally always preferred games where you die more easily. You're imagining things, there's as much skill in these games than in bullet sponge ones.

There's a ton of unrealistic fps on the market... Not sure why you like this game so much. It's so generic and bland.

News Comments > DOOM Open Beta Opens
46. Re: DOOM Open Beta Opens Apr 17, 2016, 00:52 ItBurn

Played an hour. It was boring. You move incredibly slowly and everyone has too much health. It definitely feels like halo. At least if it was more like call of duty you'd die faster. There's not much else to say really...  

News Comments > Saturday Patches
3. Re: Saturday Patches Apr 16, 2016, 16:18 ItBurn

I tried it with a friend. We loved 7 days to die and thought that this could be a good space version of it. We couldn't get into it because there's no immediate threat. It's not so much about survival. We didn't really feel the need to explore either. We had no idea why. They need to dangle carrots better, like 7 days.

Edit: it's been like 4-5 months since we played, so maybe it's better now.

This comment was edited on Apr 16, 2016, 16:23.

News Comments > Ghostbusters Games Announced
9. Re: Ghostbusters Games Announced Apr 15, 2016, 12:45 ItBurn

Some reasons that have nothing to do with the all-female cast as to why the trailer sucks:
- A lot of the ghosts look like clowns and cartoon characters. The ghosts and monsters in the original Ghost Busters were actually creepy as f***.
- The ghosts are all neon blue and the whole movie looks like a kids toy. The original movie had a somewhat gritty look that's completely lost.
- The humor is terrible and what they say is dumb. They actively tried to make the best trailer they could with some of the best parts of the movie and that's what they ended up with...
- This is too early to tell, but the male character seems objectified in the trailer. It wasn't the case in the early movies for the female one. There's nothing wrong with objectifying someone in my opinion, but it's simply not "Ghost Buster".
- Everyone was a relatable average joe, but in this, everyone is... too much.
- There are tons of cliche stereotypes in the trailer.
- Everything is CGI and looks terrible. The old movie had tons of practical effects.

News Comments > Ghostbusters Games Announced
1. Re: Ghostbusters Games Announced Apr 15, 2016, 10:26 ItBurn

The trailer for the movie was an abomination.  

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend
5. Re: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend Apr 14, 2016, 23:47 ItBurn

Whiskers wrote on Apr 14, 2016, 21:22:
You can run around at full speed aiming down an acog site with 0 movement penalty.

This is definitely not true, unless you found some kind of glitch?

News Comments > DOOM Trailer
1. Re: DOOM Trailer Apr 14, 2016, 19:11 ItBurn

Player customization is cool, but having to unlock guns, having loadouts, not having weapon pickups and having perks that unbalance the game are not cool. It goes against Doom, Quake and ID games in general. This is Doom, not Call of Doom.  

News Comments > Stardew Valley Sells 1M
17. Re: Stardew Valley Sells 1M Apr 14, 2016, 12:25 ItBurn

yuastnav wrote on Apr 14, 2016, 12:03:
ItBurn wrote on Apr 14, 2016, 11:07:
yuastnav wrote on Apr 14, 2016, 02:15:
And fortunately this game also uploads the save files to the Steam cloud. I wish more games would do that, especially the ones where you don't save manually.

Um, pretty much EVERY game does that...

A lot of the games that I have played don't do that. The latest one was Super Hot. I was really pissed when I downloaded it on my main rig and had to start over again.

Strange. I can't even remember that last game I played with no cloud support. It's incredibly easy to add cloud support too.

News Comments > Stardew Valley Sells 1M
15. Re: Stardew Valley Sells 1M Apr 14, 2016, 11:07 ItBurn

yuastnav wrote on Apr 14, 2016, 02:15:
And fortunately this game also uploads the save files to the Steam cloud. I wish more games would do that, especially the ones where you don't save manually.

Um, pretty much EVERY game does that...

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Apr 13, 2016, 23:57 ItBurn

Muscular Beaver wrote on Apr 13, 2016, 18:10:
ItBurn wrote on Apr 13, 2016, 10:12:
Bloodlines is in my top 5 games of all time. It's so damn good. So damn good.
Quite a shame that I never played it due to massive bugs (yes, even with the community patches).

I don't think there are bugs left... I've done like 4 complete playthroughs with little to no bugs. If there are bugs, they are minor and inconsequential. The game is getting old though. The combat and movement isn't up to today's standards.

1611 Comments. 81 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo