Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 1649 (Pro)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > EVERSPACE Early Access
16. Re: EVERSPACE Early Access Sep 15, 2016, 16:16 ItBurn

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Sep 15, 2016, 16:12:
MacLeod wrote on Sep 15, 2016, 15:55:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 15, 2016, 14:25:

Hope that helps.

God damn it... Rogue.

If it's Rouge, it's a makeup based simulation.

Exactly what I was thinking. I hate garbage RNG rogue-likes. Nothing like having your gameplay entirely based off luck sometimes and not player skill.

There's some rogue-likes that are completely random, but still based on skill. If you're looking at Binding of Isaac, then yeah, most of it is luck. Although the best players will basically never fail. Rogue legacy for example is much more based on player skill. Although, your gear plays a big part, but that's not RNG.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > EVERSPACE Early Access
9. Re: EVERSPACE Early Access Sep 15, 2016, 13:55 ItBurn

MacLeod wrote on Sep 15, 2016, 13:50:
Early Access needs to change it's name to something else. I keep thinking people are referencing Electronic Arts whenever I see the abbreviation EA. Though Electronic Arts does tend to put out unfinished, buggy products I want to stay away from, so maybe we can keep using the same abbreviation.

This does look pretty cool though.

Funny. I think people should stop using EA to mean early access, but really, who cares. I like early access though. Played some great games on it. Some are more of a "games as a service" thing than early access though. Just don't get the early access games that are bad.

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 Video
17. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Video Sep 12, 2016, 17:10 ItBurn

Beamer wrote on Sep 12, 2016, 16:16:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 12, 2016, 13:46:
Beamer wrote on Sep 12, 2016, 13:45:
Hated the last one, hated Hard Reset, thinking I need to finally learn my lesson.

I hated Hard Reset too, but really like Shadow Warrior. I'm curious, why didn't you like it?

Honestly, even though I played it in February, and it took me a month to finish, I barely remember it, but:

* Hate...

I think that calling anything in this game terrible is not right... Could they be better? Sure, but everything was good or at least passable. I think that weapons and monsters were better than in most shooters. Do you really think hate is the right word for how you felt about the game? If so, I don't get it. I can definitely say that upgrades mattered though. It was a reason to explore the levels. The game has tons of cool secrets. Also, weapon upgrades made a major difference... I mean you can quadruple the shotgun barrels...

13. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Video Sep 12, 2016, 13:46 ItBurn

Beamer wrote on Sep 12, 2016, 13:45:
Hated the last one, hated Hard Reset, thinking I need to finally learn my lesson.

I hated Hard Reset too, but really like Shadow Warrior. I'm curious, why didn't you like it?

6. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Video Sep 12, 2016, 11:09 ItBurn

VaranDragon wrote on Sep 12, 2016, 10:59:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 12, 2016, 10:34:
VaranDragon wrote on Sep 12, 2016, 10:24:
I gotta say this doesn't look that impressive. Two things stand out, the numbers on monsters looks immersion breaking but maybe there is a way to turn that off in the game? Also the HUD. It looks like there is none, so how exactly are we to judge how much health we got left?

There's a HUD. It's been in several videos. Not in this one for some reason. So you're saying that it's not impressive because there's no HUD and there's numbers?

Need more? The animations look stiff and wonky, the demons are almost unrecognizable blobs of color that seem like bullet sponges. Wang seems immortal too. The graphics don't seem all that great in general, with all that haze and stuff, but that could all be also down to this being showcased on a console? Who knows, maybe the gameplay is great on the PC but this video sure as hell doesn't sell it.

It's running on PC. Wang seems to be in god mode here. It's clearly meant to look cool and cinematic. That's why they disabled the HUD. If you want real gameplay, there's tons of 10-20 min videos out there. You die pretty quick if you don't pay attention. As for your other points, I dunno, I either disagree of find that you're way too harsh for some reason.

4. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Video Sep 12, 2016, 10:42 ItBurn

Slashman wrote on Sep 12, 2016, 10:39:
I'd be surprised if there wasn't a way turn off the numbers.

Also, I got an additional 10% off for owning the first game so I got it from Steam at 20% off.

Good news is I can refund if by some odd quirk of fate this turns out to be a bad game. I highly doubt that though so I think I got a decent deal.

This is a decent dev so I can break my "no pre-order" rule for them this once.

Also, this game comes out on PC first and on consoles later. Not sure the console date is even announced. That's something I can encourage...

2. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Video Sep 12, 2016, 10:34 ItBurn

VaranDragon wrote on Sep 12, 2016, 10:24:
I gotta say this doesn't look that impressive. Two things stand out, the numbers on monsters looks immersion breaking but maybe there is a way to turn that off in the game? Also the HUD. It looks like there is none, so how exactly are we to judge how much health we got left?

There's a HUD. It's been in several videos. Not in this one for some reason. So you're saying that it's not impressive because there's no HUD and there's numbers?

News Comments > DOOM Update Plans
1. Re: DOOM Update Plans Sep 9, 2016, 10:06 ItBurn

I'm not interested in more of killing enemies in an arena. The campaign does that already, non-stop. What I want is new open levels, enemies and weapons. And a complete rebalance of the game without glory kills Scratch all that. What I really want is proper mod tools!  

News Comments > Deus Ex Mankind Divided Patch Adds DX12
18. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Patch Adds DX12 Sep 8, 2016, 14:34 ItBurn

I got 20-25 hours in(hard to say because I let the game run in the background sometimes) and I basically did only 2 main story missions. I'm exploring everything because it's so much fun to sneak and break into places. There's side missions, but there's also "points of interest" which are smaller side missions. You find a lot of those while exploring every nook and cranny. This game is massive and a ton of fun. Story and characters so far are great. I was afraid it wouldn't be the case like the reviews say. A lot of it is left unsaid and you have to find the info yourself and figure it out. I guess that's not something reviewers will have time to do.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 8, 2016, 11:22 ItBurn

But noone plays the game anymore.  

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption PC Rumors Resurface
19. Re: Red Dead Redemption PC Rumors Resurface Sep 6, 2016, 11:49 ItBurn

JayDeath wrote on Sep 6, 2016, 11:46:
Cutter wrote on Sep 6, 2016, 11:38:
JayDeath wrote on Sep 6, 2016, 11:23:
At this point, who cares?

Everyone. Everyone and their dog cares, including you. You just don't know it yet. RDR isn't just the best western game ever made, it's one of the best games ever made. I bought an Xbox primarily for this title alone. They don't need to change a damn thing except update the graphics so a remastered version of this on the PC with hi-rez textures? Aaa!Ooo! Forgedaboutit!

I'm just tired of this new trend of reintroducing 5 to 10 year old games. Rockstar should be announcing RDR 2, no?

In my book, unless it's a phone or handheld game, the game isn't released until it's on PC. So, RDR 1 still isn't out, so it's not time for 2

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption PC Rumors Resurface
13. Re: Red Dead Redemption PC Rumors Resurface Sep 6, 2016, 11:24 ItBurn

Would be cool. I hope they support first person again. Soooo immersive.

Edit: kinda feel bad about them snubbing PC for so long, but Rockstar will Rockstar.

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 Next Month
15. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Next Month Sep 4, 2016, 11:58 ItBurn

Retired wrote on Sep 4, 2016, 08:01:
Pr()ZaC wrote on Sep 3, 2016, 07:48:
Ravenus wrote on Sep 3, 2016, 03:12:
I was initially disappointed that Lo Wang in the reboot had a lot less of the cheesy Asian stereotype I enjoyed in the original game. But the game itself was a lot of fun in the old-skool way and surprisingly layered with its use of skill trees and magic powers. The story in the cutscenes was pretty good too, although it seemed divorced from the tone of the gameplay.

I am rather apprehensive about the random level generator for the sequel though. I disliked Diablo for this particular reason and I'm not sure I'm going to like it here. For me hand-crafted unique levels beat randomized generic crap any day.
It might be because I have a fever, but I don't see in the description that levels will be procedurally generated. Only the loot system.

Edit:
From the wiki...
Every mission, except for story-specific events, will feature procedurally generated level design and content, including randomized enemy positions, terrain, buildings, and weather conditions.

That is actually the most exciting part of the game to me. Not to big on the 100,000,000,000,000 rounds from a gattling gun to kill a bad guy though.

Yeah, there's a bullet sponge concern, but I've watched lots of videos and there's a lot of enemies who die very quickly, so you'll still get that satisfaction of mowing down tons of enemies. It's mostly just the mini-bosses/elites that have tons of health.

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 Next Month
7. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Next Month Sep 2, 2016, 22:41 ItBurn

Loved the remake. Heard a lot about this sequel and I can't wait. This one is going to be a lot more diablo-esque.  

News Comments > Mortal Kombat XL Next Month
4. Re: Mortal Kombat XL Next Month Sep 1, 2016, 20:57 ItBurn

They originally said it wouldn't come to PC... A thing I hate about these versions is that they unlock a lot of things automatically. It breaks a big part of the fun of the game. I'm somewhat interested in this...  

News Comments > Fallout 4: Nuka-World Released
17. Re: Fallout 4: Nuka-World Released Aug 31, 2016, 14:29 ItBurn

Shineyguy wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 09:32:
Hopefully they switch to idTech after Fallout 4. I think that was the plan? That would mean that:

a) game would run better, look better, and be overall less buggy due to engine issues/limitations.

and

b) multiplayer shouldn't be TOO hard to hack in later as the bones for the net code will all still be there.

One can dream on part b).

Id tech can't handle big open worlds yet and Id tech's texture quality and texture streaming is much worse than in the Fallout engine. Id tech sounds like a terrible idea if you ask me. It's made for corridor shooters with a strictly limited amount of elements per room. It would be a lot of work to change it to fit with an open world game, so I think they're better off using another engine, or just continuing to update their current one. I don't think changing engine will make the game more stable and less buggy, because open world games are inherently unstable.

I don't want coop myself. I mean it would be cool to play with a friend, but I don't want them to divert resources to coop. I want the single player experience to be as rich as possible. And to those who say it won't divert resources, you're wrong. Adding MP affects the whole game and everyone needs to spend time on that. Plus, it limits what's possible to do. You can't just take a single player game and have a second team making everything work in MP too, it doesn't work properly.

News Comments > PS Now PC Streaming Begins
5. Re: PS Now PC Streaming Begins Aug 30, 2016, 23:14 ItBurn

So, I'm playing on PC because I want all the advantages that consoles don't have. You're telling me that I should pay 100$ a year to be able to play console games, without the PC advantages, but not only that, with compression artifacts and input lag? I'm clearly not the market for this.  

News Comments > Fallout 4: Nuka-World Released
6. Re: Fallout 4: Nuka-World Released Aug 30, 2016, 23:09 ItBurn

I played so much of the original game that I can't find the interest required to play the DLC. I started Far Harbor and even started a game with the survival mode or whatever, but it feels pointless. It did the same thing with Fallout 3 and NV. I ate up all the Skyrim DLC though. Don't know why that is.  

News Comments > Duke Nukem Countdown
41. Re: Duke Nukem Countdown Aug 26, 2016, 17:04 ItBurn

shiho wrote on Aug 26, 2016, 17:00:
When Duke3D Megaton edition, aka "the definitive playable version" came out, without promised multiplayer, and then kept delaying and pushing it back, I predicted that they are stalling and will never have functional multiplayer.

The developer got pissed at me and banned me from Steam forum. Then, eons later, my cousin and I tried the alleged multiplayer. It was a buggy, laggy mess - and we lived in the same city.

Now they pulled that game from Steam store entirely, to erase the shame. Guess someone's trying again?

Meanwhile, I recall, there was one way to actually play Duke3D in co-op, and it was to install a very specific old stable version of eDuke32, but I don't recall the version number.

SlimRam wrote on Aug 26, 2016, 05:27:
Jerykk wrote on Aug 26, 2016, 04:44:
DSOGaming has already confirmed that this is just yet another re-release of Duke 3D, with some minor enhancements and new content.
Ah so it's not a remaster but more like a re-release? Balls...nevermind I guess

Don't know about Duke, but I play Blood with friends from time to time with no issues via the GOG version. It's pretty easy too, no need to install or configure anything. Since it's basically the same engine, I'm guessing duke works too.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Countdown
34. Re: Duke Nukem Countdown Aug 26, 2016, 09:43 ItBurn

VaranDragon wrote on Aug 26, 2016, 05:18:
ItBurn wrote on Aug 25, 2016, 21:44:
RedEye9 wrote on Aug 25, 2016, 21:35:
I will not be polluting my body with this devils lettuce. A perfect 5 out of 7. Thanks Sapharo!

I don't get the 5/7 thing... Maybe we have a different sense of humor...

I think he meant to give it 5/5, and then, typo? Stupidity? Anyway he later states that he would give it a perfect score, which the other dude trolls supremely...:)

Thanks for explaining, I actually didn't get that he meant 5/5 I'm special. Still not that funny though :p

1649 Comments. 83 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo