Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 1693 (Pro)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
10. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Will Patch Out 'Particularly Explicit' Genitalia Nov 16, 2016, 10:37 ItBurn

Umbral wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 09:16:
SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 05:05:
NamecaF wrote on Nov 15, 2016, 23:37:
Ha! Called it.

Fucking puritanical Americans. LOL
Yeah I don't get that either.
Violence is ok in games but showing a pussy gets everyone upset.

At this point, it should be obvious to the entire world, The US is one Fucked Up country.

The game was made by a studio in Canada and Ubisoft is a French company. But, yeah, that kind of censorship is because of loud crying Americans.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gone Home for Free
2. Re: Gone Home for Free Nov 12, 2016, 11:18 ItBurn

It's the best walking simulator out there. Not only can you interact with almost anything in this house, but it's beautiful, atmospheric and has a great story. It just feels so real.  

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Released
11. Re: Dishonored 2 Released Nov 11, 2016, 17:08 ItBurn

Leper wrote on Nov 11, 2016, 16:29:
Can't wait until the public beta test is over, the game is patched and goes on sale and then I can finally buy it.

You're taking a risk pre-ordering a game or buying day-one. That's especially true with a game from Bethesda now that reviewers don't get early access.

Yeah. I really want to play it, but I'll wait for more patches and reviews. Beth's no pre-release copies thing is a dick move.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 10, 2016, 14:15 ItBurn

Slick wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 14:13:
Yeah, I honestly don't think that the novelty of this thing would last through 30 games, let alone hundreds. The titles mentioned in the article are definitely the ones I'd want to revisit for a stroll down memory lane.

For something to throw on the TV with the family around over the holidays that isn't the "burning yule log" movie, I'd say this hits the mark.

The nostalgia is all about the limitations. There's a reason why some people still prefer vinyl, yes you have to get up off your ass when you want to change the record, but that's really part of the charm.

Shit, people for some reason still buy physical media discs to play the latest console games, which means you have to get up off your ass every time you want to change the title.

What you guys seem to want is just an emulator, this isn't that. But I think the simplicity and nostalgia will rub off well on many older gamers. I'm of two minds about the save slots on the games to be honest, I doubt I'd use it if i bought one of these, as it kinda defeats the whole point of the nostalgia.

Well, it would be great if it wasn't 60 bucks. That's HUGE. For 20 or even 30, I'd buy it right away.

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 10, 2016, 10:56 ItBurn

I already have a PC connected to my TV with emulators for every console. While it would be nice to have a genuine NES controller, I really don't see the need to get this NES classic...  

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 10, 2016, 10:07 ItBurn

The NES classic article reads like a commercial, not a review or an article...  

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Launch Trailer
16. Re: Dishonored 2 Launch Trailer Nov 10, 2016, 09:46 ItBurn

MoonSpook wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 03:47:
ItBurn wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 17:20:
Quinn wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 15:32:
I used that beating heart to analyze every opponent's true heart. Evil guys (like "He will end 2 more lives before going to bed tonight") I killed. Others (like "He works two shifts only so he can feed his family") I knocked out or ignored.

What? Never heard of that heart thing! In the first game, if you killed a lot, the entire game would change. Things would look darker, and there'd be more rats, dead people and destruction. I wonder if you only killed bad people, did it still make the world darker? Even brighter than if you killed no one?

Good news - they actually are making it work like that in Dishonored 2 - if you kill the bad folk, it generates less chaos than if you kill the good folk, according to what the heart determines about them.

lol nice

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Launch Trailer
9. Re: Dishonored 2 Launch Trailer Nov 9, 2016, 17:20 ItBurn

Quinn wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 15:32:
I used that beating heart to analyze every opponent's true heart. Evil guys (like "He will end 2 more lives before going to bed tonight") I killed. Others (like "He works two shifts only so he can feed his family") I knocked out or ignored.

What? Never heard of that heart thing! In the first game, if you killed a lot, the entire game would change. Things would look darker, and there'd be more rats, dead people and destruction. I wonder if you only killed bad people, did it still make the world darker? Even brighter than if you killed no one?

News Comments > No Cross-play for Infinite Warfare or Modern Warfare Remastered
9. Re: No Cross-play for Infinite Warfare or Modern Warfare Remastered Nov 4, 2016, 14:14 ItBurn

Jivaro wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 14:13:
Beamer wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 13:02:
So why would a game company go cross-platform? So PC users can tell console users what terrible people they are while destroying them less due to skill and more due to equipment?

That tends to be my bottom line as well. At the end of the day not everybody enjoys gaming the same way. If two different ways of gaming are successful monetarily, I wouldn't think you (as a developer or publisher) would be anxious to do anything that might upset that balance....regardless of what the actual gamers say. The sales numbers tell the story better than any forum thread full of the vocal minority might. At least from a certain point of view. We all find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

Sure, but remember that this news story is about Win10 store PC vs regular PC. Not xbox vs pc.

News Comments > No Cross-play for Infinite Warfare or Modern Warfare Remastered
5. Re: No Cross-play for Infinite Warfare or Modern Warfare Remastered Nov 4, 2016, 11:22 ItBurn

ldonyo wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 10:52:
I can see Activision not allowing cross-play so that people are forced to buy multiple copies of their games if they want to play with/against others on multiple platforms. I can also see EA doing the same thing for the same reasons.

It's going to take a publisher with some guts, or an independent with some fairly deep pockets, to take a chance that cross-play will net them increased sales by capturing new customers that are willing to buy a game that they can play with all of their friends, not just ones on a particular platform.

I can see someone like CD Projekt Red doing this with a Witcher title and garnering not only a ton of goodwill from gamers, but a ton of sales, as well.

Publishers aren't THAT evil, I think. It's probably a budget-linked technical limitation or incompetence that brought them to this. I expect that this case is an exception and that crossplay(win10 x steam) will be enabled later following backlash.

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Gold; Specs
16. Re: Dishonored 2 Gold; Specs Nov 1, 2016, 16:11 ItBurn

Quinn wrote on Nov 1, 2016, 15:56:
MajorD wrote on Nov 1, 2016, 13:23:
Quinn wrote on Nov 1, 2016, 12:33:
Seen the gameplay vids. If this game doesn't make it to 144 frames per second on my GTX980, then it isn't optimized for PC.

Hmmmmmmm....how well do these games run on your GTX980/System: Rage, Wolfenstein: The New Order & The Old Blood, and The Evil Within?

Apparently Dishonored 2 runs off a modified version of idTech 5, so being modified I'm wondering how much more HP is now required with those modifications.

Additionally, I guess they had to switch from the Unreal Engine due to Bethesda publishing the game.

The game will run on Arkane's new internal "Void" engine, as opposed to Unreal Engine 3 that was previously used in Dishonored. The Void engine is based on id Tech 5,[nb 1] with art director Sebastien Mitton saying the team kept "[roughly] 20 percent" of the original engine.[21] Arkane removed unneeded elements from the engine like the mini open world and overhauled the graphics. The new engine is intended to improve in-game lighting and post-processing to help the game's visuals,[2] and allows the game to visualize subsurface scattering.[23]

All those games you mentioned, I hate their graphics and performance with kind of a passion. I can't and won't ever understand how those games weren't destroyed by PC gamers, although I do know Rage got a beating. Never enough, though. I was one of the very, very few people who complained about the bad Dishonored graphics. Or at least that's what it felt like.

Thanks for letting me know they use the same albeit adjusted engine. Ready to get underwhelmed.

I also don't understand why idtech gets a free pass. The engine has the worst quality textures and the worse texture streaming of all the engines.

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Gold; Specs
12. Re: Dishonored 2 Gold; Specs Nov 1, 2016, 14:50 ItBurn

I finished the first game, but it was definitely a bit boring in parts. It's a solid game, but there's always something preventing it from being great. I think it's because it tries to be too many things. I loved the dark magic and Cthulhu style horror theme, but it's never really explored. Get us into sunken ruins already.  

News Comments > Diablo III Necromancer Spotted?
3. Re: Diablo III Necromancer Spotted? Nov 1, 2016, 11:00 ItBurn

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 1, 2016, 10:46:
bleh, too little, too late, really.

Grim Dawn and Path of Exile both have way more enjoyable and complex leveling and itemization, with only slightly worse engines.

Better get to work on Diablo 4, Blizzard.

Grim Dawn and Path of Exile weren't nearly as fun for me. I definitely want more Diablo. Don't care if it's an expansion or the fourth.

News Comments > Skyrim Special Edition Audio Fix Coming
13. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 31, 2016, 13:23 ItBurn

VaranDragon wrote on Oct 31, 2016, 13:13:
At this point Im just waiting for Skywind. It might be a couple of more years though, but I can wait.

Chance of Skywind getting completed: 2.75%

News Comments > Skyrim Special Edition Audio Fix Coming
8. Re: Skyrim Special Edition Audio Fix Coming Oct 31, 2016, 11:47 ItBurn

I've played this for a couple of hours. Absolutely no reason to get this on PC other than if you never played the game. The game barely looks better, it's hard to tell. Graphic mods will make it look much better. If you're missing DLCs, just get the individual DLCs. Also, as far as I can tell, you seem forced to use the in-game mod browser to get your mods, and it sucks. I mean, it works, but it's the worst interface of all time, which is normal coming from Beth. Also, some mods are absent, like the vital SkyUI. Not sure if it's because the mods from the ingame interface are limited(no extended scripting). Maybe you can still mod manually, I don't know... On consoles though, this version is a major upgrade in every way.  

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Released - No Season Pass
13. Re: Titanfall 2 Released - No Season Pass Oct 28, 2016, 14:20 ItBurn

I'm definitely interested, for 10 bucks. But by that time, no one will play it anymore.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 26, 2016, 12:36 ItBurn

Creston wrote on Oct 26, 2016, 12:24:
ItBurn wrote on Oct 26, 2016, 11:37:
Whatever Microsoft is doing, you can be sure it's not in the interest of users.

This is true for every single company that's publicly traded.

True. Let me rephrase. Whatever Microsoft is doing, you can be sure it's against the interests of users.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 26, 2016, 11:37 ItBurn

Whatever Microsoft is doing, you can be sure it's not in the interest of users.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Trailer
6. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Trailer Oct 24, 2016, 14:41 ItBurn

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Oct 24, 2016, 14:22:
I never played Watch Dogs 1 because people said it wasn't very good.

Is it even worth a play through?

It's a good game. People who said it wasn't good were people who over hyped themselves. I liked it more than GTA V.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Oct 22, 2016, 23:39 ItBurn

Dark messiah is at least in my top 20 of all time. Way better than Dishonored if you ask me. Great atmosphere and a genuine feeling of discovery. I also really liked the story. I replay it from time to time, but the game is starting to show its age both in graphics and mechanics.  

1693 Comments. 85 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo