Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 1891 (Pro)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ultima Online Turns 20
17. Re: Ultima Online Turns 20 Sep 25, 2017, 02:02 ItBurn

Don't know if you heard about this: Ultima 6 online  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > RUINER Boss Trailer
2. Re: RUINER Boss Trailer Sep 23, 2017, 12:53 ItBurn

I don't like top down shooters like this, but this looks good :p  

News Comments > PUBG vs Fortnite
15. Re: PUBG vs Fortnite Sep 22, 2017, 13:54 ItBurn

theglaze wrote on Sep 22, 2017, 12:43:
Creston wrote on Sep 22, 2017, 10:54:
Isn't Fortnite the "harvest resources, build a base, co-op against hordes of zombies" game? How the heck is that the same as PUBG??

Agreed!

I watched the gameplay trailer and its more like Left4Dead meets Minecraft with Team Fortress 2 cartoon-ness... those other franchises MUST be livid! /sarcasm

As I understand it, Fortnite just added a new mode that is basically a copy of PUBG. Games are mostly all copies of other games nowadays, it's nothing new, but they usually try to mask the influence, they don't downright say "we're a copy of game X" like the Fortnite devs did...

News Comments > Vampyr Delayd
9. Re: Vampyr Delayd Sep 21, 2017, 12:10 ItBurn

I would love a vampire RPG, and they claim that this is it, but everything I've seen of it points strongly towards the classic third person action game with light RPG elements.  

News Comments > Need for Speed Payback System Specs
10. Re: Need for Speed Payback System Specs Sep 20, 2017, 16:45 ItBurn

Couldn't look more generic and boring.  

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Nears 500K Sold
33. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Nears 500K Sold Sep 20, 2017, 12:12 ItBurn

Verno wrote on Sep 20, 2017, 10:42:
Sure, the interface was ass. I could say the same thing about many games these days though, including some Bethesda ones. Just sayin its not a "bad game that you liked because you were young" or whatever other nonsense he was shooting for there.

When people talk about games like that, they usually mean stuff like Deadly Towers or Deadly Premonition. Or uh Daggerfall hahaha.

Daggerfall is in my top 5 games of all time and it's definitely a "bad game". I'm not sure you played or remember Gothic 1 correctly, but I strongly disagree, it was borderline unplayable.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Sep 19, 2017, 23:04 ItBurn

Yeah, it's all dumb. I also finished Firewatch recently. It's one of the best walking simulators I thought. The story is a bit meh, but there's much more "gameplay" than usual and it's fun to explore this world. It looks like ass though, even if they're trying to give it an artsy "style".  

28. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Nears 500K Sold Sep 19, 2017, 14:28 ItBurn

Verno wrote on Sep 19, 2017, 14:24:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 19, 2017, 14:07:
Icewind wrote on Sep 19, 2017, 05:36:
As for Europeans suddenly kicking the shit out of the US...they've been doing it since Gothic 1.

I played it when it came out back in the day. It had good ideas, but it was a bad game. I imagine you could enjoy it if you had a lot of free time and nothing better to play.

Gaming in general is a leisure activity so kind of a dumb comment. Saying you didn't like the game is good enough, the immature bit with "but I guess its cool if you bad stuffs" is just eye roll worthy.

Getting back to D:OS2, I'm holding off for a few more patches after running into some quest show stoppers.

Nope, I'm not being an asshole. There's definitely something that happens when you have a lot of free time, like when being a kid, and having only one game. You end up loving the game even if it's crap. I know some of my favorite games fall into that category. Gothic 1 fits the bill perfectly.

25. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Nears 500K Sold Sep 19, 2017, 14:07 ItBurn

Icewind wrote on Sep 19, 2017, 05:36:
As for Europeans suddenly kicking the shit out of the US...they've been doing it since Gothic 1.

I played it when it came out back in the day. It had good ideas, but it was a bad game. I imagine you could enjoy it if you had a lot of free time and nothing better to play.

24. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Nears 500K Sold Sep 19, 2017, 12:45 ItBurn

I really wish I could like these games, but they're unplayable for me. It's mostly way too aimless. You get off of the inadequate tutorial and are thrown into a gigantic world with absolutely no idea of where to go or what to do. You have to talk to random people who say WAY too much and give you quests with no direction and barely any information. You end up doing this for hours without any action or change of pace and then you get to some combat that is too high level for you... The sad part is that all the issues could be fixed easily by small design changes without sacrificing anything. Just let us start in a smaller, more concentrated town so that we can get an idea of how the game works and how we're supposed to play it...
edit: I didn't play the new one, so maybe they fixed it, but I'd be very surprised.

This comment was edited on Sep 19, 2017, 13:00.

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Sep 14, 2017, 20:30 ItBurn

Oh no, comments from the internet have made me feel sad. This is the root of all problems on earth and must be eradicated from existence.

edit: extra sass

News Comments > Get The Walking Dead: Season 1 Free
1. Re: Get The Walking Dead: Season 1 Free Sep 7, 2017, 21:34 ItBurn

Then you get to episode 3 and your savegame is corrupted and there's nothing you can do and Telltale refuses to fix it or give any support. Done with Telltale.  

News Comments > L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files Announced
6. Re: L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files Announced Sep 7, 2017, 12:10 ItBurn

The face tech was pretty good, although the texture resolution was abysmal. I found the whole gameplay broken and incredibly frustrating and stopped playing midway. I don't quite remember why because it was so long ago and the game is forgettable.  

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege: Operation Blood Orchid Launch
1. Re: Rainbow Six Siege: Operation Blood Orchid Launch Sep 6, 2017, 03:23 ItBurn

The 43 gigs patch was tough to swallow.  

News Comments > Ark Expansion Announced
7. Re: Ark Expansion Announced Sep 3, 2017, 23:28 ItBurn

jdreyer wrote on Sep 3, 2017, 16:00:
Does this game still run poorly for folks?

The game will slow down a top of the line computer at max details, but you can get it to run great if you lower some settings. Some high details settings are actually a disadvantage. You can have tons of high grass, but you end up not being able to see anything that's in it, which is often a major problem. I had to turn grass on and off regularly.

This comment was edited on Sep 3, 2017, 23:42.

News Comments > Prey Trial Version Released
23. Re: Prey Trial Version Released Aug 17, 2017, 00:45 ItBurn

Jerykk wrote on Aug 17, 2017, 00:41:
They're not objectively worse at all. Dishonored 2 and DX:MD both expanded and improved upon their predecessors in numerous ways. Stealth was better, combat better and level design was at least on par. Writing was inferior, true, but that's just one part of the game. Taken as a whole, both games were improvements.

While it's true that mechanically they were a bit better, I had more fun and felt more satisfied with the first installment of both games and I think that most people would agree. Dishonored 2 is so... bland. Deus Ex was great, but it's just too damn short and the ending suuuuucks.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 17, 2017, 00:18 ItBurn

jdreyer wrote on Aug 16, 2017, 20:15:
Love me some Notepad++. Interesting about the plug-in manager. Ima throw this guy some money.

Notepad++'s search functionality suuuucks. I don't understand what they were thinking. UltraEdit's is so much better.

News Comments > Prey Trial Version Released
19. Re: Prey Trial Version Released Aug 17, 2017, 00:15 ItBurn

I think that the real problem with Prey, Dishonored 2 and Deus Ex : MD is that the games failed to generate excitement. It's mostly the way they were marketed. There was a lot of it, but it was rather bland and boring. I also found that the games themselves were a bit generic or too similar to the previous entries who already saturated us. Dishonored 2 and Deus Ex were definitely marketed as more of the same and I didn't feel that Prey really had a unique identity. I know Prey is probably a good game, and it's a type of game I usually love, but I have zero excitement for it.  

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patched
11. Re: No Man's Sky Patched Aug 12, 2017, 01:18 ItBurn

Maybe when it's 15$.  

News Comments > Lawbreakers Launches to Great Reviews, Poor Sales
39. Re: Lawbreakers Launches to Great Reviews, Poor Sales Aug 10, 2017, 15:51 ItBurn

jdreyer wrote on Aug 10, 2017, 13:42:
RedEye9 wrote on Aug 10, 2017, 13:26:
ForgedReality wrote on Aug 10, 2017, 11:13:
On a positive note, I just picked up Prey 2017 for thirty bucks. Holy shit it's totally worth it. ... it's pretty much proven it's worth the $30.
Glad to hear it, it gets a solid 80% from the people who count.
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/prey

Also "Very Positive" on Steam, with thousands of reviews.

edit: precision
Steam reviews are just "liked" or "didn't like". So, the numbers by themselves don't mean much. The most mediocre game ever would get 100%. I'm not saying that reviews aren't useful. I didn't play Prey, and I will play it one day, but I definitely feel like it's just OK.

1891 Comments. 95 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo