Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 1937 (Pro)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Alien Isolation Sequel Rumored
6. Re: Alien Isolation Sequel Rumored Apr 25, 2017, 11:33 ItBurn

I played it on hard and it was incredibly difficult. Progress was extremely slow. It felt realistic though and it was scary as all f*ck. Probably the scariest horror game out there and graphics and atmosphere are absolutely amazing. It just couldn't hold my interest and I'm a huge horror game fan. Maybe it's because I set the difficulty too high, or maybe it's because the pacing of the game is too slow.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Starfighter Origins Tomorrow
14. Re: Starfighter Origins Tomorrow Apr 24, 2017, 14:32 ItBurn

I dunno... Looking through the shininess of the trailer, this seems shallow, bland and unpolished/amateurish to me. I have no idea though, it's just how it looks to me.  

News Comments > Everything Released
6. Re: Everything Released Apr 22, 2017, 17:23 ItBurn

Saw the game on Game Grumps. It was pretty cool, but it seems boring to play.  

News Comments > Two Worlds II: Call of the Tenebrae Next Month
6. Re: Two Worlds II: Call of the Tenebrae Next Month Apr 21, 2017, 15:42 ItBurn

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 21, 2017, 11:05:
To be honest I liked the terribleness

Especially since this ->
http://www.moddb.com/mods/worldmerge

exists...

Can that be played in coop or is it just singleplayer?

Darks wrote on Apr 21, 2017, 12:41:
Cutter wrote on Apr 21, 2017, 10:29:
Really? DLC for a 6 year old game? It was terrible anyway.

Not really, the game was a lot of fun Coop. maybe you just needed to try it Coop and see how much more fun it really is.

How does the coop work? Can you play the whole campaign or do you have to play specific coop scenarios?

News Comments > Saints Row 2 Free on GOG.com
8. Re: Saints Row 2 Free on GOG.com Apr 20, 2017, 14:48 ItBurn

I didn't play 2, but I played 3 and 4 and loved them both. It's absolutely stupid and broken, but everything is just so much fun. Voice acting and humor is on point also. It's definitely a console game, but I played it fine with KB+M.  

News Comments > Prey Trailer
1. Re: Prey Trailer Apr 19, 2017, 20:13 ItBurn

The amount of Prey spam that I get from Bethesda is unprecedented. Neither Skyrim or Fallout 4 came close to the amount of posts about Prey that I see. I'm not sure I understand why. Also, the game looks so mediocre and most people who played it seemed to agree. I've started playing Dishonored 2 and it's also pretty mediocre so far; it just can't hook me for some reason. It's sad because that studio has amazing talent. Dark Messiah of Might and Magic was simply amazing. Time will tell with Prey, but I've got enough years of experience in this industry to keep my hopes low.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 19, 2017, 11:32 ItBurn

Microsoft, please close down.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - The Surge
18. Re: Gone Gold - The Surge Apr 18, 2017, 16:12 ItBurn

Like most people have said, "on rails" means that you don't directly control your movement. Linear is the word you should have used. With that said, is the game linear or not? Dark Souls isn't linear.  

News Comments > DOOM Retrospective
10. Re: DOOM Retrospective Apr 15, 2017, 13:58 ItBurn

Nucas wrote on Apr 15, 2017, 13:44:
ItBurn wrote on Apr 15, 2017, 13:02:
Kajetan wrote on Apr 15, 2017, 12:58:
ItBurn wrote on Apr 15, 2017, 11:07:
The Romero one for example doesn't even mention Daikatana! Absolute failure as a documentary.
It does. It mentions it as a failure.

I thought it didn't mention it at all. They didn't get into it at all for sure.

the john romero one was the first in the profile series. it's supposed to be an interview, not a hard hitting documentary where we all jerk off watching danny o'dwyer berate john romero about how lol terrible daikatana was, yet again, 17 years later.

i wanted to hear about the history of id and 3d games and that one delivered, it was really interesting.

I did enjoy the other information, but I wanted to know how it was to work on daikatana and I wanted insight on how things happened. This is much more interesting than learning about the good games we've already all heard a ton about. The only new information I got from this interview was about his life in Ireland. Any way you put it, I think it's a failure when you leave out the part that would be most interesting, the part that we've barely heard anything about.
Edit: another example of documentary making failure is in the Doom one where they don't, or barely, acknowledge that the multiplayer was bad. They act as if multiplayer was as amazing as the single player. There's just no mention of the backlash pre-release. These docs are crowfunded, and I'm glad I didn't pay because I would have paid for documentaries and it's not what I would've gotten.

8. Re: DOOM Retrospective Apr 15, 2017, 13:02 ItBurn

Kajetan wrote on Apr 15, 2017, 12:58:
ItBurn wrote on Apr 15, 2017, 11:07:
The Romero one for example doesn't even mention Daikatana! Absolute failure as a documentary.
It does. It mentions it as a failure.

I thought it didn't mention it at all. They didn't get into it at all for sure.

6. Re: DOOM Retrospective Apr 15, 2017, 11:07 ItBurn

NetHead wrote on Apr 14, 2017, 22:12:
Wow that's long, really long.

There's also a 50 minute Doom documentary on Youtube by Noclip, crowd funded video game documentaries.

I don't like the NoClip documentaries. They're not documentaries at all, they're interviews. It's always all positive and a bit of a circle jerk. They just don't get into the interesting questions or the controversial things. The Romero one for example doesn't even mention Daikatana! Absolute failure as a documentary.

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Roadmap
3. Re: Titanfall 2 Roadmap Apr 14, 2017, 10:42 ItBurn

I somewhat respect the game. For a multiplayer game, it's intense, has a lot of features and there's no microtransaction BS(apparently). On the other hand, this is basically the first game re-released and also it's EA... What's stopping me from getting it is that it's always too pricey.  

News Comments > Gearbox Issues Ultimatum to G2A
19. Re: Gearbox Issues Ultimatum to G2A Apr 7, 2017, 11:44 ItBurn

I want to start by saying, you do what you want, I'm not your boss.
Those of you using G2A and trying to defend it, please stop. It's not because you didn't have issues with them that they're "good". Because of charge backs, G2A HAS cost several indie devs relative "fortunes" and has caused at least one to close. They are making this ecosystem where illegal activity for profit is encouraged and are doing what amounts to nothing to protect devs. Not only that, but as a dev, in order to not have problems with that illegal activity, you're somewhat forced to deal with G2A to prevent issues. You're essentially paying them protection money "or else"... Anyway, if you love video games, and are supporting this, think about what you're doing and support the developers instead of all this shady ass stuff. I'm no expert on the matter, so watch Total Biscuit's videos for more.

News Comments > CD Projekt RED's CYBERPUNK TM
4. Re: CD Projekt RED's CYBERPUNK TM Apr 7, 2017, 11:25 ItBurn

Yeah they cleverly used long game titles to prove their point, but I'm pretty sure that if your game is called "Cyberpunk soldier", you may have a problem.  

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Patch This Week
57. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Apr 5, 2017, 22:25 ItBurn

Kxmode wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 22:03:
@OpticNerve - You should play the revised ending. It's much better. Also, play the Citadel DLC. It'll give the series a nice bit of closure.

I didn't think that the ending was that bad when I played it, but it could have been so much better. The revised ending didn't improve anything at all in my opinion though.

News Comments > Quake Champions Trailer
12. Re: Quake Champions Trailer Apr 5, 2017, 11:07 ItBurn

jdreyer wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 03:22:
ItBurn wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 01:42:
Also, 3 rockets for one kill? That seems like too much.

There's a mod for that.

Actually, I see no evidence that mods will be possible. Just like Doom 2016, it seems like a closed game.

News Comments > Quake Champions Trailer
3. Re: Quake Champions Trailer Apr 5, 2017, 01:42 ItBurn

This video is dramatically better than all previous videos we've seen. I'm still left wondering why I should play this if I played Q3 to death and I'm tired of it. Also, 3 rockets for one kill? That seems like too much.  

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Patch This Week
19. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Patch This Week Apr 5, 2017, 01:37 ItBurn

I want to think that they're being good and fixing problems with the game, but what I really think is that they unashamedly released an unfinished game at full price. One thing's for sure, I'm going to wait until they're done with all improvements(and a sale) before I consider buying it.  

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Free Trial This Week
8. Re: Dishonored 2 Free Trial This Week Apr 4, 2017, 00:53 ItBurn

NamecaF wrote on Apr 4, 2017, 00:43:
ItBurn wrote on Apr 4, 2017, 00:32:
RedEye9 wrote on Apr 3, 2017, 20:31:
Trials / Demos, whatever you want to call them, they sell games.

I'm pretty sure that almost every developer agrees that demos released near or before the game release are a terrible idea. People who like the game will already be buying it and people who are on the fence have a bigger chance of being satisfied with the demo or not liking it than generating a sale. It's better for devs to do a big sale later. Here they're making a demo a while after release. While it's not as bad as before release, I don't see how it could be a good idea. I doubt that any significant amount of people are going to pay full price for the game after all this time. A big sale would be better. I expect they're going to have a sale too, but then why waste resources on a demo? Maybe they think that their sale numbers are low because marketing failed and that if people play it they'll see it's good. I don't think so. Maybe they're hoping for this to generate buzz on Youtube and Twitch? The demo might be a good idea for that...

Horseshit. You think games like Doom would have got anywhere without the Shareware model? Plenty of games people are on the fence about and hold off buying day 1 could translate into instant sales if they could play a demo before release. I guarantee.

Doom? It's 2017, not 1993. Yes, there's people who will buy games because of a demo, but you'll lose more potential sales than you'll gain. Edit: It's more about the sales not being worth the extra work than the losing of potential sales.

This comment was edited on Apr 4, 2017, 01:19.

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Free Trial This Week
6. Re: Dishonored 2 Free Trial This Week Apr 4, 2017, 00:32 ItBurn

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 3, 2017, 20:31:
Trials / Demos, whatever you want to call them, they sell games.

I'm pretty sure that almost every developer agrees that demos released near or before the game release are a terrible idea. People who like the game will already be buying it and people who are on the fence have a bigger chance of being satisfied with the demo or not liking it than generating a sale. It's better for devs to do a big sale later. Here they're making a demo a while after release. While it's not as bad as before release, I don't see how it could be a good idea. I doubt that any significant amount of people are going to pay full price for the game after all this time. A big sale would be better. I expect they're going to have a sale too, but then why waste resources on a demo? Maybe they think that their sale numbers are low because marketing failed and that if people play it they'll see it's good. I don't think so. Maybe they're hoping for this to generate buzz on Youtube and Twitch? The demo might be a good idea for that...

1937 Comments. 97 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo