Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 2087 (Senior)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Hellbound Announced
3. Re: Hellbound Announced Nov 8, 2017, 23:02 ItBurn

I prefer my characters to be at least somewhat relatable and this trailer is definitely not in the spirit of the shooters of the past. It looks more like gears of war. Also, show gameplay, no one cares about the story.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials
2. Re: Ubisoft Financials Nov 7, 2017, 20:29 ItBurn

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 7, 2017, 19:46:
microtransactions brought in more revenue than digital game sales
We are doomed

Actually, it's what "we" want. "We" bought those microtransactions.

News Comments > Get Watch_Dogs for Free
12. Re: Get Watch_Dogs for Free Nov 7, 2017, 17:27 ItBurn

This is my favorite GTA style game ever. There were some dumb things in the story, but I loved what you were doing and how you were doing it. I almost 100%'ed it and I never do this. I didn't like WD2 so much though... Too silly, aimless and bloated.  

News Comments > Saturday Patches
3. Re: Saturday Patches Nov 4, 2017, 23:20 ItBurn

Tried the Blood mod. The levels have some interesting features that are tough to do, but their look is a bit poor and simple. Still fun though. The problem is that level 2 crashes the game and I can't go further.  

News Comments > Runic Closed, Motiga Layoffs
6. Re: Runic Closed, Motiga Layoffs Nov 3, 2017, 22:10 ItBurn

I didn't like Torchlight 2. I think they lost sight of what made these games great(including Fate). They were cuter and simpler Diablo clones. 2 was more serious and complex and it just ended up being generic and meh. It's pretty sad because they worked so hard on it. As for Hob, I don't know if it's good or bad, but on the surface, it looks very generic. If you're going to make a puzzle platformer, it has to be immediately clear what the cool different mechanic is and what's fresh about the game. I find it hard to understand what made them greenlight this. Maybe it was a stepping stone to prove themselves in the console third person game field.  

News Comments > Far Cry 5 Co-op Trailer
10. Re: Far Cry 5 Co-op trailer Oct 30, 2017, 21:07 ItBurn

Orogogus wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 21:05:
ItBurn wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 20:45:
I think you might have clicked on a wrong link or something. The video and video descriptions are clear: "Play the entire campaign in co-op with a Friend".

I think they mean, assuming you don't finish the whole game in co-op, if you're not the host then after you go back to your own game, you have to do the same missions over again. The blurb seems to back this up: "Only the hosting player will be able to... keep the progress you make in the world"

Ah, poop. I guess I'm the one who didn't read properly. At least it seems like the other player keeps his character progress.

News Comments > Far Cry 5 Co-op Trailer
8. Re: Far Cry 5 Co-op trailer Oct 30, 2017, 20:45 ItBurn

Rhett wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 19:07:
Looks like this one yet again does not share quest progress for the joining player.. That was one of the more irritating things about co-op in the last two.

I think you might have clicked on a wrong link or something. The video and video descriptions are clear: "Play the entire campaign in co-op with a Friend".

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Released; Menu Includes Countdown
14. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Released; Menu Includes Countdown Oct 27, 2017, 16:14 ItBurn

ForgedReality wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 15:55:
Spoiler-free? That part of the game has been widely advertised. I'd be surprised if you didn't know about it when you bought it.

I've seen zero of the game. Why would I spoil myself a game I want to enjoy?

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Released; Menu Includes Countdown
6. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Released; Menu Includes Countdown Oct 27, 2017, 12:29 ItBurn

Steam reviews are much lower than I expected. A ton of people are having crashes and bad performance. 1 review in 3 is negative and none of them are about the gameplay or story, just about the crashes and perf.  

News Comments > Destiny 2 Bans Follow-up
8. Re: Destiny 2 Bans Follow-up Oct 25, 2017, 21:29 ItBurn

removed. Didn't want to have this conversation :p  

News Comments > Destiny 2 Bans Follow-up
5. Re: Destiny 2 Bans Follow-up Oct 25, 2017, 21:20 ItBurn

In my opinion, most people who cheat do it for two reasons. The first is that they don't have enough control/success in their life and they lack the self confidence/education to fix it themselves. The second is people who are addicted to winning or that can't face the feelings of defeat. These are usually really competitive or professional players.

As for the banning, I think it's too early to tell if all people banned were cheaters. I think that when you do manual banning, the human element can easily introduce false positives. Bungie doesn't exactly have experience with the PC ecosystem. Some people do claim that they were falsely banned.

News Comments > Survarium Launches PvE Content
1. Re: Survarium Launches PvE Content Oct 25, 2017, 17:21 ItBurn

I'm very surprised this is still alive. Not interested in "missions" though... I just want an open world game like STALKER.  

News Comments > Play Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for Free
12. Re: Play Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for Free Oct 25, 2017, 15:38 ItBurn

DG wrote on Oct 25, 2017, 13:29:
this OK base game without any DLC? the season pass bundle is 18 which I'm balking at for a "on offer" price s I don't have much time for gaming anymore but I did like DX:HR.

On bit of an old machine too I guess, 2400+ @4ghx and a GTX970. I even had to run CPUID to check that

The DLC are separate from the main game, so you can't carry your character. I didn't play the DLC myself and I thought it was worth it.

News Comments > Play Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for Free
3. Re: Play Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for Free Oct 24, 2017, 23:23 ItBurn

I got 62 hours in it, which is crazy because I thought it was super short. If you love exploring every nook and cranny of a game world, you'll have a blast. If you don't, I think you'll find the game too short. It definitely feels like this is just the first part of a bigger story, which it probably was originally.  

News Comments > Destiny 2 PC Keeping Controller Aim Assist
11. Re: Destiny 2 PC Keeping Controller Aim Assist Oct 24, 2017, 12:21 ItBurn

I wonder how mouse players do against people with aim assist. It's kinda like playing with hackers. Anyway, there's no way I'm buying this "industry bad practices simulator".  

News Comments > First-Person Mode Within The Evil Within 2
2. Re: First-Person Mode Within The Evil Within 2 Oct 22, 2017, 15:12 ItBurn

I had zero interest in this game because of the perspective. Now I have some interest in this game.  

News Comments > Steam Link on the Cheap
3. Re: Steam Link on the Cheap Oct 20, 2017, 14:55 ItBurn

Deathhead wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 12:06:
Unless it is just me, doesn't look like this is available in Canada?

Not just you.

News Comments > Morning Patches
4. Re: Morning Patches Oct 19, 2017, 17:14 ItBurn

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Oct 19, 2017, 15:45:
I was playing through daggerfall a few months ago because I missed it on original release. It is pretty damn hard.

Anyways, I'm amazed at how complex and crazy their dungeons are.. It's insane how easily it is to get lost where you have to actually follow the "Right turns only" kind of logic.

I'm impressed you were able to play it nowadays, so I'm giving you props The key to dungeons is to use the mark and recall spell. If you don't and you don't have a backup save, you might just have to start a new character...

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Oct 19, 2017, 10:38 ItBurn

You have to be insane/blind to say that AAA single player is dying.
Nope, this is EA's fault. Doesn't anyone remember what they did with Dead Space 3? It was transformed into a coop action game with microtransactions! That's what EA does. They take a franchise, they change it to cater to the lowest common denominator and then they add terrible business practices. Fans are disinterested and the mediocrity created by EA's practices doesn't pull in the others. After they made a quick buck for investors and the fans are all gone, they just close the studio and aim for another quick buck.

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Morning Patches Oct 19, 2017, 10:30 ItBurn

I've seen a lot of videos of it and it's pretty awesome what they did. There's still so much to do though. If they ever finish it, I hope that they start improving it, because it always had major issues.  

2087 Comments. 105 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo