Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 1941 (Pro)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Price Jumps
22. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Price Jumps Jul 6, 2017, 15:57 ItBurn

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jul 6, 2017, 15:16:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 6, 2017, 14:49:
The canuck only focuses on the negative.

Why do you have to point out he's a canuck? Let's not drag the rest of the Canadians down in the gutter with him. It doesn't matter what country he's from.. you'd call him that even if he was from Madeuppistan.

I'm a "canuck" too :p

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Price Jumps Jul 6, 2017, 13:58 ItBurn

Cutter wrote on Jul 6, 2017, 13:48:
ItBurn wrote on Jul 6, 2017, 11:32:
7 days to die is still the gold standard for these games if you ask me. Is it worth 60$? I'd say sure, but I wouldn't pay that.

I considered grabbing that during the sale but all the recent reviews say the opposite of that. Apparently the game hasn't been updated in a year and the devs are, apparently, major fucking douchebags who have been censoring and banning people criticizing them for the lack of updates and criticisms of them. The game was supposed to be finished 3 years ago. From the sounds of it it's just another EA game that is slowly grinding to a halt as the devs get bored of it and are taking the money and running.

Are you talking about 7 days? I don't know what you're talking about... I'm not invested in the community, but I've been playing this for years and they release major updates to the game at regular intervals. There's so much new stuff that it warrants a new full playthrough with every major update. They're about to release the next one in the next week(s). Could they work faster? Maybe, but this is clearly a living game that will evolve during its entire lifetime. I've gotten 104 hours out of it so far and I loved every minute of it. Got a lot of enjoyment for my money. Honestly, I can't even imagine it being much better than it is. It has a fully dynamic world built with blocks similar to Minecraft, but it has better graphics and physics. Somehow, they got this to work so well that you can have huge cities with fully detailed skyscrapers and almost no impact on performance. It's not perfect, but I seriously don't understand how someone could complain about this game.

13. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Price Jumps Jul 6, 2017, 13:00 ItBurn

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 6, 2017, 12:56:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 6, 2017, 12:33:
Played during the free weekend a while back, and found it way too grindy. Needs to dial back (not eliminate) some of the survival mechanics so more time can be focused on the fun parts of the game.

Since they have personal servers, that part is but a few clicks away.

I did a personal server and dialed everything to minimum and it still felt unfair and didn't improve the game.

7. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Price Jumps Jul 6, 2017, 11:32 ItBurn

I've played this recently for like 28 hours. It's your classic multiplayer crafting survival game. There's no terrain deformation. The difference here is that there's a whole dinosaur taming and riding mechanic. I personally have zero interest in the dinosaur stuff. I don't want to deal with this. If you ignore that, it's still a pretty good game of that type. It has strong pve and it's fun in coop. Didn't do any pvp because I have zero interest in griefing. It's not perfectly optimized, but it's running well for me and my brother. Can't complain about that. The game is on the frustrating side of things though. It's not well balanced and you don't feel like deaths are your fault. It just feels like the game randomly decides that you have to die for no reason. Other negatives are that the interface is bad and the game is waaaay too grindy. Ultimately, I'd rate it a 6.5/10. My ratings are lower than the average because I don't rate every game a 9. If I was to adjust it to a game publication rating, it would be an 8. If you actually enjoy babysitting dinosaurs and riding them, then you can raise that by half a point.

7 days to die is still the gold standard for these games if you ask me. Is it worth 60$? I'd say sure, but I wouldn't pay that.

News Comments > The Eldritch Zookeeper Announced
7. Re: The Eldritch Zookeeper Announced Jul 4, 2017, 20:39 ItBurn

jdreyer wrote on Jul 4, 2017, 20:11:
Cutter wrote on Jul 4, 2017, 17:25:
ItBurn wrote on Jul 4, 2017, 15:55:
Cutter wrote on Jul 4, 2017, 13:16:
Great concept, too bad it didn't have graphics to match.

Graphics are fine. It doesn't seem to have gameplay to match.

No, they're not. I want to see some crazy shit in 3D with the UE4 engine. Not some 2D low-rent hand drawn bullshit.

Gotta agree here.

I too would like this game to be an amazing game that I imagined, made by a passionate AAA team with a big budget, but all this doesn't exist. This does though.

News Comments > The Eldritch Zookeeper Announced
3. Re: The Eldritch Zookeeper Announced Jul 4, 2017, 15:55 ItBurn

Cutter wrote on Jul 4, 2017, 13:16:
Great concept, too bad it didn't have graphics to match.

Graphics are fine. It doesn't seem to have gameplay to match.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda DLC and Sequel in Doubt?
12. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda DLC and Sequel in Doubt? Jun 30, 2017, 23:50 ItBurn

Mordhaus wrote on Jun 30, 2017, 22:59:
Bioware has been dead for a while. They used to make new, interesting content, but as part of EA they are expected to make sequels. If a sequel fails to perform, it is killed. EA destroys gaming companies and creativity. I expect we will get a 'reboot' of ME in multiplayer only sometime later on, after EA feels people have forgotten about Andromeda.
You're absolutely right, except the next mass effect will be a linear call of duty-like 3rd person shooter.

News Comments > Raf Colantonio Leaving Arkane
9. Re: Raf Colantonio Leaving Arkane Jun 28, 2017, 02:11 ItBurn

Jerykk wrote on Jun 27, 2017, 23:25:
Acleacius wrote on Jun 27, 2017, 20:30:
Can't be a coincidence, first Dishonored 2 and then prey, under bethesda's thumb. Surely this is exactly why Human Head didn't kneel at the bethesda altar.

Not sure what you mean? Dishonored 2 and Prey are both great games. Before Zenimax bought them, Arkane made Arx Fatalis and Dark Messiah of Might & Magic. Their games under Bethesda have sold significantly more, had much better critical reception and have made the studio a much more established name.

I like Arx and Dark Messiah way more than Dishonored. I didn't play Prey, but from what I saw, I'm not even interested in it. Sure, the new games are selling more, but I'd rather have the old studio back. To me it seems like their new games lack any kind of passion. Like they're just churning AAA games for the money instead of love. They don't evoke much excitement in me, partly because of that.

News Comments > Diablo III: Rise of the Necromancer Released
3. Re: Diablo III: Rise of the Necromancer Released Jun 27, 2017, 20:39 ItBurn

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 27, 2017, 20:02:
Hell, the two stash tabs are almost worth $15. A premium stash tab over on Path of Exile is $4 and I've bought at least 20 of them. So $7.5 is a bit high, but in the acceptable range.

Different opinion: I would pay 5 bucks top for this.

News Comments > Rockstar's GTA Mod Statement
5. Re: Rockstar's GTA Mod Statement Jun 23, 2017, 20:55 ItBurn

ViRGE wrote on Jun 23, 2017, 20:32:
Dr_Dissent wrote on Jun 23, 2017, 19:42:
I'm not a lawyer. Do we get our mods back or not?
Yes. As long as they can't be used for MP, you don't make money from them, and they don't steal assets/characters from other games (including other Rockstar games).

As far as I can tell OpenIV is still closed down because of the cease and desist they received. So, still bad.

News Comments > Rockstar's GTA Mod Statement
2. Re: Rockstar's GTA Mod Statement Jun 23, 2017, 19:43 ItBurn

Did they unban the single-player-only mod that they banned? The only reason there's backlash.  

News Comments > No Recoil for Destiny 2 Guns on PC?
18. Re: No Recoil for Destiny 2 Guns on PC? Jun 22, 2017, 13:25 ItBurn

I've worked on implementing recoil in a PC game myself. If you want your shooting to feel weighty, reactive and fun, you need recoil. This includes moving the mouse. This guy doesn't sound to me like he knows what he's doing. A ton of great shooters have recoil. Has he never played a PC game?  

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Jun 21, 2017, 15:29 ItBurn

[SC]TherMight wrote on Jun 21, 2017, 15:06:
I finished the article and the game (just last weekend). I don't think the description of rpg was so cringe-worthy.

His definition means that Doom would be a RPG. He's acting like he knows what he's talking about, giving us the official definition of RPG, but it's so dumb... Also, he says that Horizon is a RPG... If you agree with that, I can't discuss this with you further...

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Jun 21, 2017, 10:16 ItBurn

I can forgive the guy because he's basically writing to people who've never played a game, but his definition of RPG almost made me cringe to death.  

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Thursday
2. Re: Steam Summer Sale Thursday Jun 20, 2017, 21:41 ItBurn

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 20, 2017, 21:33:
Mental note: Avoid Steam like the plague on Thursday when billions of tards will be hammering the site cuz they MUST know THE MINUTE the sale begins which games are on how deep a discount even though the sale runs for a month or so while discounts will be lame as fuck as usual the last three years. Play an Origin, GOG or uPlay game on Thursday instead. Mental note end.

Oh. And fuck Valve in advance for still not being able to properly scale up their network to meet the demands of a sale onslaught. Losers.

I never had a problem playing games during Steam sales. The store page is always completely f'ed though.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Reviews Crash; GTA Online Cheat Killed
8. Re: Grand Theft Auto Reviews Crash; GTA Online Cheat Killed Jun 18, 2017, 14:07 ItBurn

Quinn wrote on Jun 18, 2017, 13:57:
ItBurn wrote on Jun 18, 2017, 13:30:
Quinn wrote on Jun 18, 2017, 13:23:
Fucking drama queens. Them losers been playing that game every fucking day since it came out for PC. This is the kind of shit that has Rockstar flip the PC off for.

So you're against gamers voicing their discontent when a developer kills mods in order to juice more money out of the customers? You like all these microtransactions and day one DLC bs? Because it happened when gamers didn't say anything. Who cares if Rockstar puts their game on PC or not. We've got infinite good games to play, we don't need to bend over for them.

I knew this was coming. Normally I'd agree, just not in this case. Too much drama -- way too much drama! -- for what the dev did. GTA5 is insanely good on so many levels, even people who don't like the game can't possibly disagree with that. I say this and I am not even remotely a fan of the game. And what happened now? They removed their mod support or w/e and the game is now marked as Overwhelmingly Bad on the #1 marketplace for PC games. Fucking hilarious.

I thought that GTA V was mediocre. Huge step back in simulation quality from 4 and I haaaaate the multiple character implementation for various gameplay reasons. Edit: Yes, a ton of features are crazy advanced and there's lots to do, but I just didn't have much fun with it. I liked Watch Dogs 1 better.
Also, the modding tool Rockstar banned was only for single player mods. You couldn't use it in multiplayer. Anyway, that was my understanding from the videos I saw about it. So Rockstar's excuse of stopping cheating was a lie.
The thing with GTA 5 PC is that a ton of people bought it FOR the mods. Many bought it for the third time! I think it's perfectly fine for people to lower the rating of a game if an aspect of it is negative, which is the case here, the publisher is doing a bad job of supporting it. It doesn't make steam reviews useless, it makes them incredibly useful. You have to read them though, I know it's hard.
Please don't take this as me telling you your opinion is stupid. I just love games and want people involved and want publishers to stop squeezing us for every penny at the cost of the quality of games and the gaming experience.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Reviews Crash; GTA Online Cheat Killed
3. Re: Grand Theft Auto Reviews Crash; GTA Online Cheat Killed Jun 18, 2017, 13:30 ItBurn

Quinn wrote on Jun 18, 2017, 13:23:
Fucking drama queens. Them losers been playing that game every fucking day since it came out for PC. This is the kind of shit that has Rockstar flip the PC off for.

So you're against gamers voicing their discontent when a developer kills mods in order to juice more money out of the customers? You like all these microtransactions and day one DLC bs? Because it happened when gamers didn't say anything. Who cares if Rockstar puts their game on PC or not. We've got infinite good games to play, we don't need to bend over for them.

News Comments > Evening Previews
2. Re: Evening Previews Jun 15, 2017, 20:58 ItBurn

Like in Skyrim and Fallout, they'll ruin my stealth approach. No thanks.  

News Comments > Dying Light's Year+ Free DLC Deluge
1. Re: Dying Light's Year+ Free DLC Deluge Jun 15, 2017, 20:54 ItBurn

I wish I liked this game. I loved Dead Island, but I just can't get into this one. It's too grindy, there's too much backtracking and I hate the entire weapon system. You feel bad for using weapons and using them is almost useless anyway because they break almost instantly. I gave it 11 hours, so I think I gave it a fair shot.  

News Comments > Conan Exiles Free Expansion in August
7. Re: Conan Exiles Free Expansion in August Jun 14, 2017, 18:47 ItBurn

Harry Gumby wrote on Jun 14, 2017, 14:57:
No, the plan was always to release new biomes during the Early Access period (scheduled to last 1 year). For free.

For those wanting an honest opinion, it's good fun, with some frustrations - building is enjoyable and we're given an interesting setting. There are bugs and so on, but it's Early Access, and the devs are communicative and are tackling issues. If you're interested in playing during Early Access and contributing, I'd recommend the game. If not, wait until the proper launch next year and see what people think then.

I play these types of games with 2-4 friends on a private server with no pvp. Is there enough content, challenge and enjoyment to play this in coop pve? 7 Days to Die is the golden standard right now. Ark is OK.

1941 Comments. 98 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo