Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 2099 (Senior)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Interviews
9. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 22, 2018, 15:56 ItBurn

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Feb 22, 2018, 12:58:
ItBurn wrote on Feb 22, 2018, 12:19:
I absolutely love Hellgate. It's by far my favorite Diablo clone ever. I don't understand how someone could hate it. Perhaps it was because it was hyped too much or it was too buggy on launch.

So I never played it 4 months after release because it was a horrible horrible buggy mess. Monsters would get stuck in spots and your weapons wouldn't register hits. I remember the chat interface for online was like an after thought and the online portion was completely unplayable due to horrible servers.

How long did you play it for?

I played every iteration over a period of years. I couldn't really tell you how much time I put in, but it's a lot. I never had the weapons not registering hits problem, but the game sure had a lot of bugs. That wasn't a problem for me though, just like Skyrim's infinite bugs aren't a problem for most people. You could say that Skyrim is an open world, so it justifies the bugs, but I think that Hellgate also justified them. It had full multiplayer, very complex loot and skill systems, rooms filled with more monsters than probably any fps ever and had all that run at acceptable performances.

There's just never been another FPS ARPG with this level of complexity and I doubt it'll ever happen again.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Interviews
4. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 22, 2018, 12:19 ItBurn

PHJF wrote on Feb 22, 2018, 11:39:
Never played Hellgate... I'd like to try it now to see what the lack of fuss was about.

I absolutely love Hellgate. It's by far my favorite Diablo clone ever. I don't understand how someone could hate it. Perhaps it was because it was hyped too much or it was too buggy on launch.

News Comments > Path of Exile Bestiary Details
11. Re: Path of Exile Bestiary Details Feb 20, 2018, 19:58 ItBurn

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 20, 2018, 18:58:
Wallshadows wrote on Feb 20, 2018, 18:31:
Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 20, 2018, 16:47:
So, are you deleting your items, your currency, and your characters at the end of each league?

I actually do this. I can't even remember the last time I stepped foot in Standard because I don't see the point. This is just how I feel though as I know standard is still pretty popular especially among mirror services and whatnot.
Okay, color me impressed -- it would be interesting to know what portion of the game population does what you do. While I understand there is some additional fun in starting over with new game updates it's all the "little" stuff, like leveling the Masters, which annoys me. But hey, different strokes for different folks. If you are having fun that's all that matters, right? Power to the people!

I definitely think that if you're playing normal, you're in the minority.

5. Re: Path of Exile Bestiary Details Feb 20, 2018, 13:18 ItBurn

Alamar wrote on Feb 20, 2018, 12:56:
ItBurn wrote on Feb 20, 2018, 12:33:
Yeah, the beast thing seems like a chore, but maybe it's cool. I gotta say, it feels like this update came too soon. I just got a character to start doing the harder end game content and now I have to scrap him for the next league.

It's not like you're forced to start over... Characters move to standard... The biggest change in Standard is currency values... And a ton more access to uniques, legacy and new.

Not much interesting my in this league... Hard to top the addition of 6 acts worth of content though : )

What? Why would you play standard when you can play a much more interesting league? This isn't a question.

3. Re: Path of Exile Bestiary Details Feb 20, 2018, 12:33 ItBurn

Yeah, the beast thing seems like a chore, but maybe it's cool. I gotta say, it feels like this update came too soon. I just got a character to start doing the harder end game content and now I have to scrap him for the next league.  

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Co-op Event Next Month; Ubisoft Plans a Decade of Support
7. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Co-op Event Next Month; Ubisoft Plans a Decade of Support Feb 19, 2018, 18:24 ItBurn

Kxmode wrote on Feb 19, 2018, 18:21:
The debris looks like a dragon.

It's the game's version of the L4D tank. All the enemy types

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Co-op Event Next Month; Ubisoft Plans a Decade of Support
5. Re: etc. Feb 19, 2018, 17:43 ItBurn

Rhett wrote on Feb 19, 2018, 16:52:
I was kinda looking forward to this event, but it looks really, really boring. I expected something better than a crappy L4D ripoff.

Though I do like the way they're handling games now. I've seen some real improvements, especially to The Division.

I dunno, I'm actually really impressed by their L4D ripoff. Wasn't expecting something that good. I just don't get why it's only available for a couple of weeks. Also, I wish they'd do an actual coop campaign. I would help in silencing those who hate R6 because it's not a real Rainbow Six game.

News Comments > Steam Wishlist Changes and Lunar New Year Sale
7. Re: Steam Wishlist Changes and Lunar New Year Sale Feb 16, 2018, 01:01 ItBurn

I like the extra information, but like most people, I hate the fact that the game boxes are huge. You have to scroll infinitely to get through the wishlist. Displaying only a handful of items from a list on screen at once is a cancer in the UI world.  

News Comments > The Evil Within 2 Adds First-Person Mode
3. Re: The Evil Within 2 Adds First-Person Mode Feb 14, 2018, 22:56 ItBurn

Awesome. I have almost zero interest in third person horror, but oh man I love first person horror. I'm getting it on sale. (edit: a bigger sale :p)  

News Comments > Get Dead Space for Free
7. Re: Get Dead Space for Free Feb 13, 2018, 23:44 ItBurn

The PC port is absolutely atrocious. Skip.  

News Comments > E3 Tickets on Sale Next Week
3. Re: E3 Tickets on Sale Next Week Feb 7, 2018, 15:05 ItBurn

I think that in this case, you're much better off not going and streaming the presentations from home. There's going to be way too many people, making it painful to move around and you'll have to stay in line for 8 hours just to play a single game.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 5, 2018, 13:26 ItBurn

Watched Paradox last night. I was entertained, but yeah, a lot of things straight up don't make sense. I wish it would have been filmed like the original movie. I love "found" footage style. If you've never seen "Chronicle", check it out, I thought it was great. As for Cloverfield lane, I didn't really like it. It was kinda boring and the characters made weird ass decisions that didn't make sense. Plus I hated the ending. It just doesn't fit.  

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Year 3 Content Detailed
2. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Year 3 Content Detailed Feb 2, 2018, 12:39 ItBurn

R6 is begging for coop campaigns. It's going to be great. It's a bit weird that it's only available for 4 weeks though...  

News Comments > MS Acquisition Rumor Targets include EA, Valve, & PUBG
10. Re: MS Acquisition Rumor Targets include EA, Valve, & PUBG Jan 29, 2018, 20:37 ItBurn

Microsoft buying Valve is a terrifying nightmare.  

News Comments > John Cena to Star in Duke Nukem Movie?
28. Re: John Cena to Star in Duke Nukem Movie? Jan 23, 2018, 18:48 ItBurn

I'm pro-Duke. Cena sounds like a good match.  

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Jan 22, 2018, 22:28 ItBurn

I love it.  

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Beta This Week
10. Re: Sea of Thieves Beta This Week Jan 22, 2018, 15:51 ItBurn

HoSpanky wrote on Jan 22, 2018, 15:31:
It's Win10 because it's crossplay compatible with Xbone games. Every game done that way is Windows Store Only. I'm not a fan of the Windows Store, but it DOES mean I can play Forza Horizon 3 on my PC. You have to consider it that way, instead of "do it my way or not at all". Because then you wouldn't even have the option. These games would be Xbone-only, MS has exclusivity rights.

I'd prefer to have all my games in one store, but that just isn't possible right now.

I don't care if the game is XBox only. I don't care if there's no Windows version of a good game. There's tons of other good games to play and I'll play those instead. I'm happy to vote with my money and tell Microsoft that I don't want their BS.

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Beta This Week
8. Re: Sea of Thieves Beta This Week Jan 22, 2018, 15:21 ItBurn

Windows Store = no sale  

News Comments > DUSK Early Access
18. Re: DUSK Early Access Jan 12, 2018, 13:23 ItBurn

The gameplay looks fine, but I just can't get excited about what looks like an uninspired and generic campaign.  

News Comments > Subnautica This Month
10. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 9, 2018, 14:02 ItBurn

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 9, 2018, 13:43:
ItBurn wrote on Jan 9, 2018, 12:58:
Cutter wrote on Jan 9, 2018, 11:48:
Blackhawk wrote on Jan 9, 2018, 10:27:
I don't really like survival games, but I absolutely loved this. I played it in Fall of 2015 when it was still early in early access, but it still ended up being one of my favorite games that year.

I've been sitting on it, waiting for the full retail release to play it again.

Me too. It's been difficult staying away but I really want to experience it fully complete. Same with Ghost of a Tale. These are two EA games I'm actually glad to support.

I can highly recommend 7 days to die.

When it is finally released.

Nah, I recommend it now. I would have recommended it 2 years ago also. The game has enough content to last you for hundreds of hours. The fact that it's still in EA and that they consistently release huge patches that basically warrant a full replay is a bonus.

Edit: But yeah, it shouldn't be in EA anymore.

2099 Comments. 105 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo