Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 1885 (Pro)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Turns 15
17. Re: The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Turns 15 May 2, 2017, 15:23 ItBurn

Creston wrote on May 2, 2017, 15:15:
ItBurn wrote on May 2, 2017, 11:13:
Cutter wrote on May 2, 2017, 11:09:
Wonder what's next for TES. Guess we'll find out in June.

I don't think so. I think the next TES game is 5 years away at least.

I'd say 2020. They're done with FO4, so everyone at Todd Howard's studio is working full tilt on the next ES, and has been for probably around a year now.

I'm pretty sure I've read that they haven't even begun working on the next TES. I understood that they've probably got a handful of people working on it doing pre-pre design. Their main team is working on a new franchise in space if I remember correctly.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Turns 15 May 2, 2017, 11:29 ItBurn

VaranDragon wrote on May 2, 2017, 11:20:
Bludd wrote on May 2, 2017, 10:56:
I feel old

Heh. I remember waiting for Morrowind for YEARS. It was the first game I was really hyped for.

Probably the game I was most hyped for in the history of all games. I ate every tiny bit of information on it. I spent every day on mirc in a chatroom with devs in it. I was so spoiled that when the game came out it kinda felt like I had already played the game before and therefore I didn't enjoy it as much as I could have. Since that time, I try to get as little information as I can about games I look forward to. Same thing with movies or tv series.

6. Re: The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Turns 15 May 2, 2017, 11:13 ItBurn

Cutter wrote on May 2, 2017, 11:09:
Wonder what's next for TES. Guess we'll find out in June.

I don't think so. I think the next TES game is 5 years away at least.

3. Re: The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Turns 15 May 2, 2017, 10:46 ItBurn

Daggerfall is my fav by far, then Skyrim, solely for fun factor. Morrowind is a better elder scrolls/RPG than Oblivion or Skyrim though. It's kinda rough around the edges, but with all the mods that have been released, it probably feels like a different game now. I plan on replaying it with all the mods one day.  

News Comments > Darksiders III Leaked
3. Re: Darksiders III Leaked May 2, 2017, 10:42 ItBurn

I hope this time they finish the game. The first 2 Darksiders really lost quality in the last quarter of the games.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII In November
2. Re: Call of Duty: World War II Announcement Apr 26, 2017, 14:28 ItBurn

I have a lack of passion for yet another Saving Private Ryan clone and I don't feel passion in this trailer either. Seems like it was made by a marketing machine.  

News Comments > Alien Isolation Sequel Rumored
20. Re: Alien Isolation Sequel Rumored Apr 25, 2017, 17:26 ItBurn

Rigs wrote on Apr 25, 2017, 16:52:
SOMA was ok...the 'twist' is kinda in 'well, yeah, duh' territory but it was a nice romp.

What I liked wasn't exactly the twist, but how the concept was presented and how it made you think about it by living it. A movie couldn't have done a better job of presenting that story.

18. Re: Alien Isolation Sequel Rumored Apr 25, 2017, 14:55 ItBurn

If you like this type of game, you should really play Soma. It doesn't get enough recognition and I wish more people would play it. It's not just an horror game though, and it's not as scary as isolation, but damn it's fun to explore and I loooved the story.  

6. Re: Alien Isolation Sequel Rumored Apr 25, 2017, 11:33 ItBurn

I played it on hard and it was incredibly difficult. Progress was extremely slow. It felt realistic though and it was scary as all f*ck. Probably the scariest horror game out there and graphics and atmosphere are absolutely amazing. It just couldn't hold my interest and I'm a huge horror game fan. Maybe it's because I set the difficulty too high, or maybe it's because the pacing of the game is too slow.  

News Comments > Starfighter Origins Tomorrow
14. Re: Starfighter Origins Tomorrow Apr 24, 2017, 14:32 ItBurn

I dunno... Looking through the shininess of the trailer, this seems shallow, bland and unpolished/amateurish to me. I have no idea though, it's just how it looks to me.  

News Comments > Everything Released
6. Re: Everything Released Apr 22, 2017, 17:23 ItBurn

Saw the game on Game Grumps. It was pretty cool, but it seems boring to play.  

News Comments > Two Worlds II: Call of the Tenebrae Next Month
6. Re: Two Worlds II: Call of the Tenebrae Next Month Apr 21, 2017, 15:42 ItBurn

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 21, 2017, 11:05:
To be honest I liked the terribleness

Especially since this ->
http://www.moddb.com/mods/worldmerge

exists...

Can that be played in coop or is it just singleplayer?

Darks wrote on Apr 21, 2017, 12:41:
Cutter wrote on Apr 21, 2017, 10:29:
Really? DLC for a 6 year old game? It was terrible anyway.

Not really, the game was a lot of fun Coop. maybe you just needed to try it Coop and see how much more fun it really is.

How does the coop work? Can you play the whole campaign or do you have to play specific coop scenarios?

News Comments > Saints Row 2 Free on GOG.com
8. Re: Saints Row 2 Free on GOG.com Apr 20, 2017, 14:48 ItBurn

I didn't play 2, but I played 3 and 4 and loved them both. It's absolutely stupid and broken, but everything is just so much fun. Voice acting and humor is on point also. It's definitely a console game, but I played it fine with KB+M.  

News Comments > Prey Trailer
1. Re: Prey Trailer Apr 19, 2017, 20:13 ItBurn

The amount of Prey spam that I get from Bethesda is unprecedented. Neither Skyrim or Fallout 4 came close to the amount of posts about Prey that I see. I'm not sure I understand why. Also, the game looks so mediocre and most people who played it seemed to agree. I've started playing Dishonored 2 and it's also pretty mediocre so far; it just can't hook me for some reason. It's sad because that studio has amazing talent. Dark Messiah of Might and Magic was simply amazing. Time will tell with Prey, but I've got enough years of experience in this industry to keep my hopes low.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 19, 2017, 11:32 ItBurn

Microsoft, please close down.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - The Surge
18. Re: Gone Gold - The Surge Apr 18, 2017, 16:12 ItBurn

Like most people have said, "on rails" means that you don't directly control your movement. Linear is the word you should have used. With that said, is the game linear or not? Dark Souls isn't linear.  

News Comments > DOOM Retrospective
10. Re: DOOM Retrospective Apr 15, 2017, 13:58 ItBurn

Nucas wrote on Apr 15, 2017, 13:44:
ItBurn wrote on Apr 15, 2017, 13:02:
Kajetan wrote on Apr 15, 2017, 12:58:
ItBurn wrote on Apr 15, 2017, 11:07:
The Romero one for example doesn't even mention Daikatana! Absolute failure as a documentary.
It does. It mentions it as a failure.

I thought it didn't mention it at all. They didn't get into it at all for sure.

the john romero one was the first in the profile series. it's supposed to be an interview, not a hard hitting documentary where we all jerk off watching danny o'dwyer berate john romero about how lol terrible daikatana was, yet again, 17 years later.

i wanted to hear about the history of id and 3d games and that one delivered, it was really interesting.

I did enjoy the other information, but I wanted to know how it was to work on daikatana and I wanted insight on how things happened. This is much more interesting than learning about the good games we've already all heard a ton about. The only new information I got from this interview was about his life in Ireland. Any way you put it, I think it's a failure when you leave out the part that would be most interesting, the part that we've barely heard anything about.
Edit: another example of documentary making failure is in the Doom one where they don't, or barely, acknowledge that the multiplayer was bad. They act as if multiplayer was as amazing as the single player. There's just no mention of the backlash pre-release. These docs are crowfunded, and I'm glad I didn't pay because I would have paid for documentaries and it's not what I would've gotten.

8. Re: DOOM Retrospective Apr 15, 2017, 13:02 ItBurn

Kajetan wrote on Apr 15, 2017, 12:58:
ItBurn wrote on Apr 15, 2017, 11:07:
The Romero one for example doesn't even mention Daikatana! Absolute failure as a documentary.
It does. It mentions it as a failure.

I thought it didn't mention it at all. They didn't get into it at all for sure.

6. Re: DOOM Retrospective Apr 15, 2017, 11:07 ItBurn

NetHead wrote on Apr 14, 2017, 22:12:
Wow that's long, really long.

There's also a 50 minute Doom documentary on Youtube by Noclip, crowd funded video game documentaries.

I don't like the NoClip documentaries. They're not documentaries at all, they're interviews. It's always all positive and a bit of a circle jerk. They just don't get into the interesting questions or the controversial things. The Romero one for example doesn't even mention Daikatana! Absolute failure as a documentary.

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Roadmap
3. Re: Titanfall 2 Roadmap Apr 14, 2017, 10:42 ItBurn

I somewhat respect the game. For a multiplayer game, it's intense, has a lot of features and there's no microtransaction BS(apparently). On the other hand, this is basically the first game re-released and also it's EA... What's stopping me from getting it is that it's always too pricey.  

1885 Comments. 95 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo