Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 1692 (Pro)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Sequel Plans?
22. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Sequel Plans? Aug 15, 2016, 09:55 ItBurn

VaranDragon wrote on Aug 15, 2016, 05:19:
ItBurn wrote on Aug 14, 2016, 20:42:
I liked all the Witcher games, but nowhere near as much as VTMB.

I disliked all the Witcher games except the last one. The last one was brilliant. It raised the standard for story driven RPGs so high its ridiculous. People call it open world, and in a way it was, but basically it follows one (okay two if you count Siri) storyline and now any game that follows it and is character based is obviously going to be compared to it.

Sure. Witcher 3 was a 7.5 for me. The story, dialogue and characters were the high point of the game for sure, but I think VTMB had a better story, better characters and better dialogue. W3's dialogue feels static. Sure you have a couple of branches, but you basically have the same conversation anyway. In VTMB, it can drastically change and you really feel like you're really picking what to say. In W3, it feels more like you're a passenger in some ways. Compared to VTMB that is. It's much better than in Fallout 4 of course.

This comment was edited on Aug 15, 2016, 10:02.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Quantum Break Win10 Support Wanes?
35. Re: Quantum Break Win10 Support Wanes? Aug 15, 2016, 09:50 ItBurn

Wesp5 wrote on Aug 12, 2016, 03:18:
This was already tried on Kickstarter, but without the WoD brand it failed. But there is Project Dogmat MMO...

Kickstarter? I must have missed it. I did see one or two vampire projects, but they didn't look enough like VTMB.

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Sequel Plans?
15. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Sequel Plans? Aug 14, 2016, 20:42 ItBurn

What??? 2D isometric game? Witcher-like? You guys are crazy. VTMB was amazing because it was what it was. Sure, some elements can be translated into other types of games, but you'll lose the sum of its parts. One thing's for certain: it needs to be first person. Being somewhat linear is also pretty important. Maybe if they make a successful sequel they can start thinking about making it open world or changing some aspects of the game. I liked all the Witcher games, but nowhere near as much as VTMB.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 14, 2016, 20:36 ItBurn

Ozmodan wrote on Aug 14, 2016, 19:29:
Just a quick note, I bought the pc version of No man's sky and let me tell you, the PC controls really suck. If you want to play this game get it on the PS4.

Played it on a friends PS4 and I immediately contacted steam for a refund. This game is just not designed to be played on a PC.

I've heard that "PC controls are unplayable" claim for many games before and it was revealed to be false 99% of the time. The aiming alone makes it extremely unlikely. gamepad.gif

30. Re: Quantum Break Win10 Support Wanes? Aug 11, 2016, 15:27 ItBurn

Wesp5 wrote on Aug 11, 2016, 15:03:
ItBurn wrote on Aug 11, 2016, 13:06:
Have you ever though about more significant graphical and gameplay updates, a full remake or maybe your own project based on VTMB?

As for a remake, when Project Vaulderie started to port the game to Unity 5, it was stopped by a C&D letter from CCP. I don't know if anything like this might be possible with the new IP owner Paradox! As for a bigger project, I am already helping with the Bloodlines Prelude, which is kind of a prequel to Bloodlines and will show how Jack and the Cabbie set the whole thing up!

Unsurprising. The trick is to just change the names of stuff and replace all the branding. You can have the vampire game everyone wants with none of the trademarks. I don't really care about the brand, I just want another amazing game in the same style.

Where can I get info on Prelude?

19. Re: Quantum Break Win10 Support Wanes? Aug 11, 2016, 13:06 ItBurn

Wesp5 wrote on Aug 11, 2016, 13:01:
RedEye9 wrote on Aug 11, 2016, 10:43:
How many games come to steam and don't get support and/or patched?

I don't know, but I do know that Steam sells VTM:Bloodlines in a version that will not run on modern PCs without a lot of tweaking and never cared about including my patch which fixes this and more. When GOG released the game, they contacted me and their version will run as promised...

Love your work man! Can't wait for my next playthroughs with your latest additions. Have you ever though about more significant graphical and gameplay updates, a full remake or maybe your own project based on VTMB?

12. Re: Quantum Break Win10 Support Wanes? Aug 11, 2016, 11:29 ItBurn

Creston wrote on Aug 11, 2016, 10:53:
That's quality right there. From both Remedy and Microsoft. Just fantastic.

Like.

I'm not saying that it's the case, but I hope that they won't be fixing the issue for the Win10 version because it's unfixable because of how shitty the UWP is.

News Comments > The Evil Within and Rage Sequels Possible
9. Re: The Evil Within and Rage Sequels Possible Aug 9, 2016, 10:45 ItBurn

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 9, 2016, 10:40:
If they were to make Rage 2 do you see more blurry textures and invisible walls? Or do you think those are the types of things that would be improved for version 2?

Textures maybe, although the new Doom doesn't have the most amazing world textures... Invisible walls, probably not, unless they drastically change the game's direction. I just think they should concentrate on better, more loved franchises or a new IP.

News Comments > The Evil Within and Rage Sequels Possible
4. Re: The Evil Within and Rage Sequels Possible Aug 9, 2016, 10:12 ItBurn

Haaated Rage. Invisible walls EVERYWHERE, extremely bullet spongy enemies, worst close up textures I had seen in like 5 years. There were some good things, but it took too many bad decisions for me to be able to enjoy it.  

News Comments > Xbox One Controller Windows Issues
1. Re: Xbox One Controller Windows Issues Aug 7, 2016, 12:59 ItBurn

"Tim Sweeney thinks Microsoft will make Steam "progressively worse" with Windows 10 patches"  

News Comments > Prey Trailers
18. Re: Prey Trailers Aug 5, 2016, 13:58 ItBurn

NetHead wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 13:50:
This looks interesting, though I also don't see why they should molest an established IP. The canceled Prey 2 videos looked good, though now this is meant to be Prey.

It doesn't matter how good this is, it's a completely different game. It's like making a new Thief game as a shooter with "headshots" and damage numbers popping up.

Just go make a new IP for heavens sake, stop listening to the idiots in marketing when it comes to this.

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 4, 2016, 19:48:
Welcome to Bioshock in space.

System Shock. Bioshock being System Shock under water instead of in space seems very odd to say Bioshock in space.

The gameplay of Bioshock is different enough from System Shock for Prey to be more like Bioshock. But yeah, it's a System Shock look though.

15. Re: Prey Trailers Aug 5, 2016, 09:45 ItBurn

UttiniDaKilrJawa wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 01:03:
ItBurn wrote on Aug 4, 2016, 23:51:
It looks ok... It definitely looks like Bioshock in space, which is not something good in my book. I'm willing to give it a chance. One thing really annoys me though: it has nothing to do with Prey. Not sure I want to support this kind of brand r4pe.

Actually, its not any form of brand r4pe at all. At first I thought why the hell is this even called Prey it has nothing to do with the original AT ALL.

Then I saw this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VeMnngn2UM

It seems to me now that they are using the title Prey as in the human race is prey for this alien force.

I didn't look at your video, but whatever the reason, this is Prey now. The original Prey franchise is basically dead. I don't like that. They could have called it anything else. It's just because they wanted the name recognition to bring in extra bucks. They don't care about a franchise that fans care about. To me that's bad. I mean, I don't care all that much. I wasn't a huge Prey fan, but I've seen this over and over since the beginning of gaming and I'm tired of all these franchises dying for the sake of a bit of cash.

9. Re: Prey Trailers Aug 4, 2016, 23:51 ItBurn

It looks ok... It definitely looks like Bioshock in space, which is not something good in my book. I'm willing to give it a chance. One thing really annoys me though: it has nothing to do with Prey. Not sure I want to support this kind of brand r4pe.  

News Comments > Quake Champions Gameplay Trailer
8. Re: Quake Champions Gameplay Trailer Aug 4, 2016, 23:49 ItBurn

So, yeah, this is Quake. Now we need to see how they're going to make this relevant and addictive. Because, let's just say, I've played Quake before...  

News Comments > Grim Dawn Crucible Mode DLC Released
6. Re: Grim Dawn Crucible Mode DLC Released Aug 4, 2016, 10:27 ItBurn

I like this one better than Path of Exile, but not by much. The combat is definitely better, since it has a physics engine, but it's nowhere near as good as D3. Its systems are a bit simpler than in PoE I found. At least, they were easier to understand by me which was a plus. I like that Grim has skill trees that you need to commit to, and in this, for me, it's better than D3 and PoE.

D3 is still the "funnest" game though... There's a monotony and blandness to Grim and PoE and their stories are presented in a way that makes them uninteresting and I just ended up giving up and skipping all the text. I'm not a hardcore action RPG guy though. I find the end game grinding absolutely uninteresting.

Edit: Forgot to add: There's some pretty bad bugs in there. I was playing coop with my brother and the quests on his character got corrupted. He lost them and there's no way to get them back. Now we can't play together and have to start over... It's a known issue with no fix. Also, the game menu is an abomination.

This comment was edited on Aug 4, 2016, 11:24.

News Comments > DOOM Patch, DLC, and Double XP Plans
11. Re: DOOM Patch, DLC, and Double XP Plans Jul 29, 2016, 13:14 ItBurn

HoSpanky wrote on Jul 28, 2016, 22:47:
I was pleasantly surprised at how fun DOOM's campaign was. I have no interest in the multiplayer, so any DLC they intend to sell me needs to have single player content. To be vague, the story clearly implies there's more coming, so I think there'll likely be one expensive SP DLC down the road.

Zero interest in the MP, of course, but I'm down for more SP. What I really want though is better modding support. I really want to make a cool gameplay modification, but I can't with this limited console modding lego editor snappysnapper.

News Comments > More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney
100. Re: More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney Jul 26, 2016, 17:55 ItBurn

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 26, 2016, 17:48:
how many on uPlay are not from Ubisoft?

Uplay actually has games from several other developers, example
Same with Origin: R6
I know Valve used to sell games on other platforms too. Dunno what happened.

This comment was edited on Jul 26, 2016, 18:03.

78. Re: More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney Jul 26, 2016, 15:16 ItBurn

Quboid wrote on Jul 26, 2016, 15:06:
ItBurn wrote on Jul 26, 2016, 14:59:
Hacking is a cost of having the great open platform that is PC gaming. We already have consoles. If that's what you want, go play on those instead! I'm not ready to sacrifice all the advantages like modding and fan patches just so that I don't meet a hacker from time to time.

Slick already talked about this. If you don't agree with his comments, refute them. Don't repeat what he's already responded too, you're just taking the conversation round in a circle.

What a strange thing to say on a forum on the internet... I'm not sure what you're saying. Slick wants console security, I told him to play on console. I didn't see someone state my opinion yet. I didn't read all the posts in the entire thread though, because there's too many and they're too long, and I don't think that that's required to be able to respond.

75. Re: More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney Jul 26, 2016, 14:59 ItBurn

Slick wrote on Jul 26, 2016, 14:56:
007Bistromath wrote on Jul 26, 2016, 14:45:
Slick wrote on Jul 26, 2016, 14:37:
But that does absolutely nothing to discount the irony that the most secure platforms to have a clean competitive match today is on fucking consoles.
Maybe people should wise up a little and stop trying to have serious competitive scenes online. Serious mode used to mean a LAN party. Pretty hard to get away with this shit if a guy can watch over your shoulder.

It's 2016, and your solution is "LAN party".

Jesus christ.

I gotta say though.. "Maybe people should wise up a little and stop trying to have serious competitive scenes online." is itching to be my new sig. It's not quite as asinine as my current one, but it's damn close.

Like I said, hacking through software is %100 not happening on consoles right now, the hundreds of millions of console gamers that play hacker-free matches 24 hours a day. And your security measure for the PC is "have a guy look over your shoulder".

Jesus christ.

Hacking is a cost of having the great open platform that is PC gaming. We already have consoles. If that's what you want, go play on those instead! I'm not ready to sacrifice all the advantages like modding and fan patches just so that I don't meet a hacker from time to time.

41. Re: More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney Jul 26, 2016, 12:41 ItBurn

Do you like complex mods, total conversions, mods for games without mod tools and fan patches? If so, then you should be against UWP.  

1692 Comments. 85 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo