Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 1831 (Pro)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Quake Champions Trailer
5. Re: Quake Champions Trailer Mar 23, 2017, 01:53 ItBurn

I've seen a lot of videos now and it looks slow, floaty and unreactive. It looks like nerf weapons and the enemies seems to mostly die with unsatisfying canned animations. Explosions are more like water balloons bursting than a violent concussion blast like they should be. Every single video is played with the gamepad, so that probably doesn't help.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Vulkan Multi-GPU Support for Windows
6. Re: Vulkan Multi-GPU Support for Windows Mar 22, 2017, 12:21 ItBurn

This news is soooo good when it hits your ears. so good...  

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Launches
42. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launches Mar 21, 2017, 16:15 ItBurn

Sho wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 16:06:
DangerDog wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 15:57:
Anyone expecting some sort of major overhaul to the game is just kidding themselves.

Aside from bug patches nothing major will get touched. This is going to be everyone's favorite game to hate on while they run off to play more of it.

Well, there's a precedent - they broke down and did the expanded ending patch for ME3.

That extended ending patch was a joke and didn't really change anything.

As for Zelda, In 2017, I'm not going to pay over 400$ to play a game below 30 fps and below 1080.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Reviews
35. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Reviews Mar 20, 2017, 13:17 ItBurn

So, it's inquisition in space and the problems with animations are true. I loved the first two Dragon Age, but was bored to death with inquisition. It's really sad, but I'm going to have to wait for a big sale before I get this.

Maybe I'll get Dishonored 2 instead, or maybe Prey, but it looks... bad, to me.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda 4K Trailer
18. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda 4K Trailer Mar 18, 2017, 09:22 ItBurn

There's absolutely no valid excuse for bad facial animations or the lack of shading options. They chose a technology that sucks, got shitty results and have to own it. Maybe if they used a revolutionary new technology that had some drawbacks because of how new it was, but no, it's just worse than almost any game nowadays.  

News Comments > Quake Champions Trailer
7. Re: Quake Champions Trailer Mar 17, 2017, 10:39 ItBurn

Looks slow and bland. I feel like they spent their efforts on the wrong things. Can't really see myself playing it seriously. Will try it though.  

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Early Access
22. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Early Access Mar 16, 2017, 15:28 ItBurn

Bundy wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 15:15:
Rhett wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 15:10:
ItBurn wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 13:57:
Rhett wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 13:54:
I mean some of the facial animations are odd (they can't be perfect, given the amount of dialogue), but these faces look amazing to me. I'm on all High settings, and it looks fantastic. Dunno what you guys are talking about...

Are you saying that the videos are lies?

Honestly haven't put much time into the SP, but I did the intro/pathfinder bit, and all the conversations and close-ups looked fine to me anyway. This video does point out some obvious flaws. I'm just saying that all of the animation can't be perfect. I believe it has as much dialogue as the last 3 games combined? (IIRC)

I'm getting it, anyway... the faces aren't gonna break the game for me.

Haven't played yet, but this is what I figured. Honestly if you pause any movie at any point, half the characters on screen will be caught in some stupid expression. Not that there aren't issues, I suspect people might be making more of it than what it is.

The videos I have seen are long conversations, not pauses at random times. In some of them, they talk about dramatic subjects and their faces are absolutely dead neutral. Also, in some conversations the voice acting is terrible and in others the writing makes no sense, maybe because the facial animations are so messed up.

12. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Early Access Mar 16, 2017, 13:57 ItBurn

Rhett wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 13:54:
I mean some of the facial animations are odd (they can't be perfect, given the amount of dialogue), but these faces look amazing to me. I'm on all High settings, and it looks fantastic. Dunno what you guys are talking about...

Are you saying that the videos are lies?

9. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Early Access Mar 16, 2017, 13:14 ItBurn

The writing and characters are basically the only reason I played Mass Effect. The gameplay was mind numbing. From what I've read and seen, the writing is bad and the voice acting/facial animations are bad. Reviews better be really good or I might end up skipping the game.
Edit: This mass effect isn't made by the same people/stupid(edit2: lol, I meant studio, but yeah, appropriate freudian slip).

News Comments > MS Forcing Win10 on Latest CPUs?
8. Re: MS Forcing Win10 on Latest CPUs? Mar 16, 2017, 11:33 ItBurn

WaltC wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 11:29:
I think the actual translation here is that really, really old cpus (probably ten years old or older) won't be updated by Microsoft any further in Win10 and from now on. The older cpus lack the necessary hardware for security enforcement (NX bit, etc.) People are always misunderstanding technology in some way, it seems. It won't be too long before even 32-bit CPUs are no longer supported. Progress marches on, etc.

This is absolutely not what Blue posted.

News Comments > MS Forcing Win10 on Latest CPUs?
6. Re: MS Forcing Win10 on Latest CPUs? Mar 16, 2017, 11:30 ItBurn

I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate Microsoft. It must be 10 years now since they did anything that affected me positively. I really wish we could switch OS, but those thinking Linux is an option are crazy. For a real switch to happen, you'd need the general public to do it and Linux is waaaaay too complicated and different. Stop. I know you're going to tell me it's easy and all that, but you don't live in the real world, or at least the general public world. People are used to Windows and all the Windows programs and one thing you should learn about life is that people aren't willing to change.  

News Comments > STRAFE in May
1. Re: STRAFE Next Month Mar 13, 2017, 20:51 ItBurn

It was fun for about 10 minutes... I hope they added a lot to it.  

News Comments > PS4 Games Coming to PCs via PS Now
2. Re: PS4 Games Coming to PCs via PS Now Mar 13, 2017, 20:45 ItBurn

Could be interesting if it wasn't streaming. Streaming real time games simply doesn't work well enough.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Mar 10, 2017, 12:17 ItBurn

Darks wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 11:37:
ItBurn wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 10:52:
Darks wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 10:32:
I don't see how there can be any proper reviews of Wildlands out yet. Its going to take anyone a few good weeks of solid game play to get though all of the content and story.

There is no way I can take anyones review of this game as solid.

While I agree that it's too early for solid reviews, and I'd argue that solid reviews don't exist anymore... I don't think you need to complete everything in this game to be able to review it.

I think you do, if the review in his reviewer starts talking about the games content and the story or says theirs not much in the way of a story. and he hasn't reviewed the game to the end content. then that is a bad reviewing of the game.

It would make sense, but in my mind, if you've played 80% of the game and you didn't enjoy the story, even if the last part is great, it's a story failure. But this is a case by case thing. Witcher 1 and 2 for example, the story isn't all that great through the game, but you finish the story in order to see the results of your choices and that's when it becomes great. I doubt Wildlands falls into this category.

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Mar 10, 2017, 10:52 ItBurn

Darks wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 10:32:
I don't see how there can be any proper reviews of Wildlands out yet. Its going to take anyone a few good weeks of solid game play to get though all of the content and story.

There is no way I can take anyones review of this game as solid.

While I agree that it's too early for solid reviews, and I'd argue that solid reviews don't exist anymore... I don't think you need to complete everything in this game to be able to review it.

News Comments > Reservoir Dogs: Bloody Days Video Game Announced
3. Re: Reservoir Dogs: Bloody Days Video Game Announced Mar 10, 2017, 10:49 ItBurn

Looks bad. How did they get the license?  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Mass Effect: Andromeda
7. Re: Gone Gold - Mass Effect: Andromeda Feb 26, 2017, 11:54 ItBurn

Creston wrote on Feb 26, 2017, 11:33:
Too early? It's been in production for five years?

At a studio I worked at, it took 8 years to release one game and it was restarted from scratch several times. For all we know, the current iteration of the game is a year old. I'm just saying, from the videos and information I saw, interpolating with my development and gaming experience, I'm surprised it's releasing so soon in this state. Not saying it'll suck or anything. Could indeed be the lack of media fanfare.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Mass Effect: Andromeda
2. Re: Gone Gold - Mass Effect: Andromeda Feb 26, 2017, 10:56 ItBurn

I feel like this is releasing way too early... But I'm looking forward to it.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Criminal Past Released
12. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Criminal Past Released Feb 24, 2017, 18:16 ItBurn

jimnms wrote on Feb 24, 2017, 18:03:
Tyrric wrote on Feb 24, 2017, 15:59:
Maybe they can do one final DLC to tie up the cliffhanger I hear the game ended with. I never got to finish it, since my gaming PC decided it didn't want to run games anymore a few days after I got the game, but with the supposed hiatus of the series I'm just not looking feeling motivated to go back for rest of the story.

I just finished the game last night and it does end leaving you with more questions than answers, but the original ends that way too. I kind of liked how it ended with the Picus News stories summing up the outcomes of your missions, but it seems like they didn't bother to cover a lot of them. I thought it was cleaver how you find out some of them during the game, but a few others, like solving "The Last Harvest" murders doesn't get a news story.

I thought the game was pretty damn short compared to the last one. Although Steam says I clocked in 126 hours, I spent the first 40 of those in the city hacking and breaking into everything I could find, which king of spoils things because you end up going to a lot of those places later on for side missions. I was also going for a no-kill run, so I save scummed like crazy.

I have more play time in the second game too because I went ghost and explored absolutely everything. The world is much denser. The story is way shorter than in the first game though, so if you don't procrastinate that much, the game is definitely too short.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Criminal Past Released
8. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Criminal Past Released Feb 24, 2017, 16:18 ItBurn

They royally screwed up with this game. Would have played the hell out of it if it was part of the main game or if it was an expansion, but I have zero interest in these story things.  

1831 Comments. 92 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo