Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 1783 (Pro)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > No Man's Sky Foundation Update Live
12. Re: No Man's Sky Foundation Update Live Nov 27, 2016, 20:01 ItBurn

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 27, 2016, 18:09:
ItBurn wrote on Nov 27, 2016, 13:35:
In my opinion, if you believe everything devs tell you about a game that is far from being released, you're the one at fault. Especially for that kind of indie game... I didn't have unrealistic expectations, I didn't preorder and I harbor no ill sentiment against them. A tiny novice indie team with an AAA fan base and expectations, it's impressive they actually shipped something without complete mental breakdown. Also, a ton of other devs have done things similar to this and you almost never hear about that kind of backlash from the public. It's a bit hypocritical. I didn't buy the game yet, especially because it's way too much money for what it is, but I'll definitely check it out later when they finish it.

Ok I'm calling bullshit.
1st, Sean Murray went on a national PR tour promoting the game and features up until a week before the games launch. They were backed by Sony, and had major gaming sites whoring over them (IGN). Made an appearance on Stephen Colbert's show where he again repeatedly lied through his teeth. Peter Molyneux is a big time dreamer but even he would come clean about what did and didn't make it into the game long before a game went BETA, let alone after a game went Gold.
And a fan base was made based off things the dev team TOLD the public which generated interest and created the base. And as for backlash, um, yeah did you not hear about Aliens Colonial Marines? Or how about all of the choices you make in the Mass Effect series that came down to being fucking worthless. So much that they patched in another ending? Microsft and DRM with the Xbox One (which again to backlash they removed).

Do some fucking research.

I read the first line of your post, then the last one, and because of this, I didn't read the rest. I wasn't a fanboy of the game like you must have been to muster such passion, so I don't know all the details, but I never claimed to know them.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > No Man's Sky Foundation Update Live
3. Re: No Man's Sky Foundation Update Live Nov 27, 2016, 13:35 ItBurn

In my opinion, if you believe everything devs tell you about a game that is far from being released, you're the one at fault. Especially for that kind of indie game... I didn't have unrealistic expectations, I didn't preorder and I harbor no ill sentiment against them. A tiny novice indie team with an AAA fan base and expectations, it's impressive they actually shipped something without complete mental breakdown. Also, a ton of other devs have done things similar to this and you almost never hear about that kind of backlash from the public. It's a bit hypocritical. I didn't buy the game yet, especially because it's way too much money for what it is, but I'll definitely check it out later when they finish it.  

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards
51. Re: Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards Nov 25, 2016, 14:17 ItBurn

jdreyer wrote on Nov 25, 2016, 14:16:
ItBurn wrote on Nov 25, 2016, 12:47:
Alamar wrote on Nov 25, 2016, 11:27:
If you can get a refund on Dragon's Dogma, it's this month's Humble Monthly 'top' pick... So for $12 USD, you'll get that, immediately, and another 5-7 games in a week.

I never buy from the Humble Bundle. It makes me feel bad that the devs almost make no money. If I want to give money to charity, I'll give it to charity, if I want to buy good games, I'd rather encourage the devs who make them and need to pay rent.

You can move the slider to give the devs ALL the money if you get it on Humble can't you? Or is that just for the bundles?

Also, don't forget about Steam's 30% cut!

Yeah, I know about the slider, but like, 10 bucks for all these games feels like a steal to me. Maybe in some cases, if you factor Steam it could be acceptable...

49. Re: Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards Nov 25, 2016, 12:47 ItBurn

Alamar wrote on Nov 25, 2016, 11:27:
If you can get a refund on Dragon's Dogma, it's this month's Humble Monthly 'top' pick... So for $12 USD, you'll get that, immediately, and another 5-7 games in a week.

I never buy from the Humble Bundle. It makes me feel bad that the devs almost make no money. If I want to give money to charity, I'll give it to charity, if I want to buy good games, I'd rather encourage the devs who make them and need to pay rent.

46. Re: Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards Nov 25, 2016, 09:54 ItBurn

Xirgu wrote on Nov 25, 2016, 09:17:
curious why people say shadow warrior 2 is a much better game than doom.. I found doom great, though only in high difficulty ( in default it was empty and thus meh), whats so great about shadow warrior 2 ?

I wouldn't say "much better". Doom does some things better than SW2, but SW2 does other things better.

- SW2 doesn't have glory kills, is faster, more brutal and the gore physics are much better. The combat is just better.
- It also has randomly generated and truly open levels. Doom has some open levels, but they're mostly linear.
- I thought that Doom had a better story, but SW2 is pretty damn funny.
- SW2 and Doom both have great music, but I feel that Doom's is slightly better.
- Doom's upgrade system is kinda shitty, while SW2 has a pretty deep one. Also, you can play SW2 lots of different ways and customize everything. In Doom, you don't really have a choice.
- Let's not forget that SW2 has full campaign coop and much more replayability.
- SW2 looks better, especially textures.

I think they're both great games, but SW2 is a true PC game with none of the consolization that Doom suffers from. I had more fun with it.

This comment was edited on Nov 25, 2016, 10:00.

17. Re: Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards Nov 24, 2016, 09:54 ItBurn

I also miss daily flash sales. They were fun. But there's a lot of really good deals in this sale. I wouldn't call them mediocre.

As for Doom VS Shadow Warrior 2, they're still pretty different games. Shadow Warrior is more freeform, open ended and customizable. Doom is more linear and focused. I do prefer SW2. The combat is just so much better. I would definitely play both though.

They claimed that they added the glory kills to Doom to make the game faster. What a load of bullsh*t. Play SW2 and tell me which one is faster. Glory kills are only there to make the game playable for gamepad users.

News Comments > Wacky Wheels HD
7. Re: Wacky Wheels HD Nov 23, 2016, 14:39 ItBurn

MacLeod wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 13:36:
ItBurn wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 10:11:
Loved the original back in the day, but this looks terrible. There's no water splashes when you drive in water. That's an instant fail for me.

There is though... :p they're just really small and only cover the bottom 1/8th of the tire.

You're half right. When you drift, there's fire on your tires, even if you're in water. Looks bad.

News Comments > Wacky Wheels HD
1. Re: Wacky Wheels HD Nov 23, 2016, 10:11 ItBurn

Loved the original back in the day, but this looks terrible. There's no water splashes when you drive in water. That's an instant fail for me.  

News Comments > Blizzard's Unannounced First-Person Game
14. Re: Blizzard's Unannounced First-Person Game Nov 22, 2016, 16:01 ItBurn

If I could dream, I'd want a first person diablo-clone like Hellgate London. Not these diablo-lites like Borderlands or Destiny.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 21, 2016, 10:47 ItBurn

I never use apps like the Facebook app or the Youtube app for example. Their websites work great on phones and are full featured. Why would I waste space, cpu, battery and start time with these apps?  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
10. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Will Patch Out 'Particularly Explicit' Genitalia Nov 16, 2016, 10:37 ItBurn

Umbral wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 09:16:
SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 05:05:
NamecaF wrote on Nov 15, 2016, 23:37:
Ha! Called it.

Fucking puritanical Americans. LOL
Yeah I don't get that either.
Violence is ok in games but showing a pussy gets everyone upset.

At this point, it should be obvious to the entire world, The US is one Fucked Up country.

The game was made by a studio in Canada and Ubisoft is a French company. But, yeah, that kind of censorship is because of loud crying Americans.

News Comments > Gone Home for Free
2. Re: Gone Home for Free Nov 12, 2016, 11:18 ItBurn

It's the best walking simulator out there. Not only can you interact with almost anything in this house, but it's beautiful, atmospheric and has a great story. It just feels so real.  

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Released
11. Re: Dishonored 2 Released Nov 11, 2016, 17:08 ItBurn

Leper wrote on Nov 11, 2016, 16:29:
Can't wait until the public beta test is over, the game is patched and goes on sale and then I can finally buy it.

You're taking a risk pre-ordering a game or buying day-one. That's especially true with a game from Bethesda now that reviewers don't get early access.

Yeah. I really want to play it, but I'll wait for more patches and reviews. Beth's no pre-release copies thing is a dick move.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 10, 2016, 14:15 ItBurn

Slick wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 14:13:
Yeah, I honestly don't think that the novelty of this thing would last through 30 games, let alone hundreds. The titles mentioned in the article are definitely the ones I'd want to revisit for a stroll down memory lane.

For something to throw on the TV with the family around over the holidays that isn't the "burning yule log" movie, I'd say this hits the mark.

The nostalgia is all about the limitations. There's a reason why some people still prefer vinyl, yes you have to get up off your ass when you want to change the record, but that's really part of the charm.

Shit, people for some reason still buy physical media discs to play the latest console games, which means you have to get up off your ass every time you want to change the title.

What you guys seem to want is just an emulator, this isn't that. But I think the simplicity and nostalgia will rub off well on many older gamers. I'm of two minds about the save slots on the games to be honest, I doubt I'd use it if i bought one of these, as it kinda defeats the whole point of the nostalgia.

Well, it would be great if it wasn't 60 bucks. That's HUGE. For 20 or even 30, I'd buy it right away.

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 10, 2016, 10:56 ItBurn

I already have a PC connected to my TV with emulators for every console. While it would be nice to have a genuine NES controller, I really don't see the need to get this NES classic...  

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 10, 2016, 10:07 ItBurn

The NES classic article reads like a commercial, not a review or an article...  

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Launch Trailer
16. Re: Dishonored 2 Launch Trailer Nov 10, 2016, 09:46 ItBurn

MoonSpook wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 03:47:
ItBurn wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 17:20:
Quinn wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 15:32:
I used that beating heart to analyze every opponent's true heart. Evil guys (like "He will end 2 more lives before going to bed tonight") I killed. Others (like "He works two shifts only so he can feed his family") I knocked out or ignored.

What? Never heard of that heart thing! In the first game, if you killed a lot, the entire game would change. Things would look darker, and there'd be more rats, dead people and destruction. I wonder if you only killed bad people, did it still make the world darker? Even brighter than if you killed no one?

Good news - they actually are making it work like that in Dishonored 2 - if you kill the bad folk, it generates less chaos than if you kill the good folk, according to what the heart determines about them.

lol nice

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Launch Trailer
9. Re: Dishonored 2 Launch Trailer Nov 9, 2016, 17:20 ItBurn

Quinn wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 15:32:
I used that beating heart to analyze every opponent's true heart. Evil guys (like "He will end 2 more lives before going to bed tonight") I killed. Others (like "He works two shifts only so he can feed his family") I knocked out or ignored.

What? Never heard of that heart thing! In the first game, if you killed a lot, the entire game would change. Things would look darker, and there'd be more rats, dead people and destruction. I wonder if you only killed bad people, did it still make the world darker? Even brighter than if you killed no one?

News Comments > No Cross-play for Infinite Warfare or Modern Warfare Remastered
9. Re: No Cross-play for Infinite Warfare or Modern Warfare Remastered Nov 4, 2016, 14:14 ItBurn

Jivaro wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 14:13:
Beamer wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 13:02:
So why would a game company go cross-platform? So PC users can tell console users what terrible people they are while destroying them less due to skill and more due to equipment?

That tends to be my bottom line as well. At the end of the day not everybody enjoys gaming the same way. If two different ways of gaming are successful monetarily, I wouldn't think you (as a developer or publisher) would be anxious to do anything that might upset that balance....regardless of what the actual gamers say. The sales numbers tell the story better than any forum thread full of the vocal minority might. At least from a certain point of view. We all find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

Sure, but remember that this news story is about Win10 store PC vs regular PC. Not xbox vs pc.

News Comments > No Cross-play for Infinite Warfare or Modern Warfare Remastered
5. Re: No Cross-play for Infinite Warfare or Modern Warfare Remastered Nov 4, 2016, 11:22 ItBurn

ldonyo wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 10:52:
I can see Activision not allowing cross-play so that people are forced to buy multiple copies of their games if they want to play with/against others on multiple platforms. I can also see EA doing the same thing for the same reasons.

It's going to take a publisher with some guts, or an independent with some fairly deep pockets, to take a chance that cross-play will net them increased sales by capturing new customers that are willing to buy a game that they can play with all of their friends, not just ones on a particular platform.

I can see someone like CD Projekt Red doing this with a Witcher title and garnering not only a ton of goodwill from gamers, but a ton of sales, as well.

Publishers aren't THAT evil, I think. It's probably a budget-linked technical limitation or incompetence that brought them to this. I expect that this case is an exception and that crossplay(win10 x steam) will be enabled later following backlash.

1783 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo