Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 1694 (Pro)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ Next Month
2. Re: The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ Next Month Dec 10, 2016, 11:01 ItBurn

I played hundreds of hours of various versions of this game. I'm not sure I have room for more. Kinda curious about these mod tools.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed Dec 9, 2016, 13:23 ItBurn

This is classic click bait where the title doesn't match the contents of the article. People who like video games will click on it to hate on it, and assholes you hate video games will click on it to feed their hate. In my opinion, regardless of the content of the article, it's a dick move and the article should be buried. Why? Because most people won't read it and are just going to use the title as reinforcement. It's undermined manipulation. It's sleezy and has a negative effect on society.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed III for Free
3. Re: Assassin's Creed III for Free Dec 7, 2016, 13:13 ItBurn

Works for me.  

News Comments > Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Announced
6. Re: Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Announced Dec 2, 2016, 13:02 ItBurn

Beamer wrote on Dec 2, 2016, 12:14:
I loved it:

- The plot was much more fun, and far less childish, than the trailers made it seem

- Yes, it was linear, but no more so than Half Life or Half Life 2. Those kinds of games get endlessly bashed here, with people showing Doom maps where you ran all over the exact same spot over and over and over. I don't think it's a problem. It's hard to tell a story without driving the player in a direction

- The lasso mechanic was a ton of fun. So was giving points for unique kills. I had a blast trying to get the highest point kills, or figuring out how to get every bonus

- Multiplayer actually was fun, but because it was just lassoing. Multiplayer was solely PvE, and just you and a team trying to hit a point limit in rounds. You had to cooperate to get there. This was superaddicting for about two weeks, then I never wanted to see it again

- The biggest complaint I can give is one I'd read elsewhere - the weapons felt like they were made for a different game. You're not super fast in this game, but so many weapons seemed like they'd work best if you were. As if the game was slowed down later in development

Still a blast. Was outsold by Homefront, which came out the same week. Homefront as a dull slog. This was something unique and original. Maybe not for everyone, but unique and original

I don't blame you for liking it, but damn, I blame you for comparing this to Half-Life. This is nothing like half-life! Half-life is the deepest open world game compared to this.

News Comments > Dauntless Announced
1. Re: Dauntless Announced Dec 2, 2016, 10:53 ItBurn

That's just what I want, a generic mmo look with phone graphics. I'm being sarcastic.  

News Comments > Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Announced
1. Re: Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Announced Dec 2, 2016, 10:49 ItBurn

I know some people love that game, but I haaated it. Just wanted to give my opinion in order to save you some dollars. It's the most linear shooter I've ever played(other than on rail shooters...). The only control you have is what weapon you use and where you shoot. This is the opposite of what I enjoy. People who love this usually love it for the supposedly awesome shooting, but I found it mediocre, so there was nothing left for me.  

News Comments > Steep Season Pass Detailed
6. Re: Steep Season Pass Detailed Dec 1, 2016, 09:50 ItBurn

Slick wrote on Dec 1, 2016, 05:32:
The Half Elf wrote on Nov 30, 2016, 22:50:
Did you play it with a controller or Mouse and Keyboard?

both, mostly controller though. at least the input isn't totally borked *coughlikewatchdogs1cough* it's just the control scheme.

they've managed to take all of the fun out of the genre, you just press "go fast" to go faster, and your character auto-navigates any bumps or curves in the terrain. Your only job is to not run into trees.

It's Forza frozen mountain edition.

I dunno. It definitely makes you go faster if you move to the right spots. Your speed isn't only determined by you pressing "accelerate". Also, your character doesn't auto-navigate... Maybe you chose poor words. You definitely have to go around obstacles or else you lose speed. Gravity will push you down a bump though, which is normal... Going down the mountain without crashing is easy, yes, but doing it faster and with a better score is the challenge.

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Released
20. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Released Nov 30, 2016, 11:58 ItBurn

jomisab wrote on Nov 30, 2016, 11:55:
ItBurn wrote on Nov 30, 2016, 11:48:
jomisab wrote on Nov 30, 2016, 11:39:
Unfortunately, to get amazing scenery at 1440p with everything cranked (especially the fabulous HFTS shadows), you need a card that doesn't exist and may not exist for another year or two.

Also, I think whatever implementation of TXAA they have is really awful compared to games like Dishonored 2, Fallout 4 and GTA V. On a GTX 1080, 2X TXAA should not yield such a disastrous performance hit.

Do you really need AA in 1440p?

Absolutely! Everything is just a shimmering mess without it. The visual difference even between 2X TXAA and the default SMAA w/ temporal filtering is very significant. Anything in the distance that has lots of thin lines, e.g. the Golden Gate Bridge, will be visually "crawling" as you move toward it, but TXAA makes everything perfect. And while I see a lot of people saying TXAA makes things blurry, I disagree. I think it looks amazing.

Ok.

Personally, I hate all AA. It makes things blurry, like you say, but most importantly, it makes things "unprecise". I'd rather see "shimmering" and pixelation. Plus, disabling AA is always a big performance gain.

18. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Released Nov 30, 2016, 11:48 ItBurn

jomisab wrote on Nov 30, 2016, 11:39:
Unfortunately, to get amazing scenery at 1440p with everything cranked (especially the fabulous HFTS shadows), you need a card that doesn't exist and may not exist for another year or two.

Also, I think whatever implementation of TXAA they have is really awful compared to games like Dishonored 2, Fallout 4 and GTA V. On a GTX 1080, 2X TXAA should not yield such a disastrous performance hit.

Do you really need AA in 1440p?

15. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Released Nov 30, 2016, 09:55 ItBurn

Loved the first game. I almost 100%ed it. I played it entirely with the M&KB and it was great. It's true that there's some weird mouse glitch in the intro sequence for some reason and also the alien augmented reality game is unplayable with a mouse, but for everything else, there's zero issues.

You don't need to kill or steal in WD2, just use the non-lethal options and steal from bad guys. Also, review consensus says that the game is better than the first in every way.

News Comments > LEGO Worlds in February
3. Re: LEGO Worlds in February Nov 29, 2016, 11:21 ItBurn

I'd play the sh*t out of this if it had a survival mode, but it doesn't. Major missed opportunity.  

News Comments > No Man's Sky Foundation Update Live
12. Re: No Man's Sky Foundation Update Live Nov 27, 2016, 20:01 ItBurn

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 27, 2016, 18:09:
ItBurn wrote on Nov 27, 2016, 13:35:
In my opinion, if you believe everything devs tell you about a game that is far from being released, you're the one at fault. Especially for that kind of indie game... I didn't have unrealistic expectations, I didn't preorder and I harbor no ill sentiment against them. A tiny novice indie team with an AAA fan base and expectations, it's impressive they actually shipped something without complete mental breakdown. Also, a ton of other devs have done things similar to this and you almost never hear about that kind of backlash from the public. It's a bit hypocritical. I didn't buy the game yet, especially because it's way too much money for what it is, but I'll definitely check it out later when they finish it.

Ok I'm calling bullshit.
1st, Sean Murray went on a national PR tour promoting the game and features up until a week before the games launch. They were backed by Sony, and had major gaming sites whoring over them (IGN). Made an appearance on Stephen Colbert's show where he again repeatedly lied through his teeth. Peter Molyneux is a big time dreamer but even he would come clean about what did and didn't make it into the game long before a game went BETA, let alone after a game went Gold.
And a fan base was made based off things the dev team TOLD the public which generated interest and created the base. And as for backlash, um, yeah did you not hear about Aliens Colonial Marines? Or how about all of the choices you make in the Mass Effect series that came down to being fucking worthless. So much that they patched in another ending? Microsft and DRM with the Xbox One (which again to backlash they removed).

Do some fucking research.

I read the first line of your post, then the last one, and because of this, I didn't read the rest. I wasn't a fanboy of the game like you must have been to muster such passion, so I don't know all the details, but I never claimed to know them.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Foundation Update Live
3. Re: No Man's Sky Foundation Update Live Nov 27, 2016, 13:35 ItBurn

In my opinion, if you believe everything devs tell you about a game that is far from being released, you're the one at fault. Especially for that kind of indie game... I didn't have unrealistic expectations, I didn't preorder and I harbor no ill sentiment against them. A tiny novice indie team with an AAA fan base and expectations, it's impressive they actually shipped something without complete mental breakdown. Also, a ton of other devs have done things similar to this and you almost never hear about that kind of backlash from the public. It's a bit hypocritical. I didn't buy the game yet, especially because it's way too much money for what it is, but I'll definitely check it out later when they finish it.  

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards
51. Re: Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards Nov 25, 2016, 14:17 ItBurn

jdreyer wrote on Nov 25, 2016, 14:16:
ItBurn wrote on Nov 25, 2016, 12:47:
Alamar wrote on Nov 25, 2016, 11:27:
If you can get a refund on Dragon's Dogma, it's this month's Humble Monthly 'top' pick... So for $12 USD, you'll get that, immediately, and another 5-7 games in a week.

I never buy from the Humble Bundle. It makes me feel bad that the devs almost make no money. If I want to give money to charity, I'll give it to charity, if I want to buy good games, I'd rather encourage the devs who make them and need to pay rent.

You can move the slider to give the devs ALL the money if you get it on Humble can't you? Or is that just for the bundles?

Also, don't forget about Steam's 30% cut!

Yeah, I know about the slider, but like, 10 bucks for all these games feels like a steal to me. Maybe in some cases, if you factor Steam it could be acceptable...

49. Re: Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards Nov 25, 2016, 12:47 ItBurn

Alamar wrote on Nov 25, 2016, 11:27:
If you can get a refund on Dragon's Dogma, it's this month's Humble Monthly 'top' pick... So for $12 USD, you'll get that, immediately, and another 5-7 games in a week.

I never buy from the Humble Bundle. It makes me feel bad that the devs almost make no money. If I want to give money to charity, I'll give it to charity, if I want to buy good games, I'd rather encourage the devs who make them and need to pay rent.

46. Re: Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards Nov 25, 2016, 09:54 ItBurn

Xirgu wrote on Nov 25, 2016, 09:17:
curious why people say shadow warrior 2 is a much better game than doom.. I found doom great, though only in high difficulty ( in default it was empty and thus meh), whats so great about shadow warrior 2 ?

I wouldn't say "much better". Doom does some things better than SW2, but SW2 does other things better.

- SW2 doesn't have glory kills, is faster, more brutal and the gore physics are much better. The combat is just better.
- It also has randomly generated and truly open levels. Doom has some open levels, but they're mostly linear.
- I thought that Doom had a better story, but SW2 is pretty damn funny.
- SW2 and Doom both have great music, but I feel that Doom's is slightly better.
- Doom's upgrade system is kinda shitty, while SW2 has a pretty deep one. Also, you can play SW2 lots of different ways and customize everything. In Doom, you don't really have a choice.
- Let's not forget that SW2 has full campaign coop and much more replayability.
- SW2 looks better, especially textures.

I think they're both great games, but SW2 is a true PC game with none of the consolization that Doom suffers from. I had more fun with it.

This comment was edited on Nov 25, 2016, 10:00.

17. Re: Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards Nov 24, 2016, 09:54 ItBurn

I also miss daily flash sales. They were fun. But there's a lot of really good deals in this sale. I wouldn't call them mediocre.

As for Doom VS Shadow Warrior 2, they're still pretty different games. Shadow Warrior is more freeform, open ended and customizable. Doom is more linear and focused. I do prefer SW2. The combat is just so much better. I would definitely play both though.

They claimed that they added the glory kills to Doom to make the game faster. What a load of bullsh*t. Play SW2 and tell me which one is faster. Glory kills are only there to make the game playable for gamepad users.

News Comments > Wacky Wheels HD
7. Re: Wacky Wheels HD Nov 23, 2016, 14:39 ItBurn

MacLeod wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 13:36:
ItBurn wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 10:11:
Loved the original back in the day, but this looks terrible. There's no water splashes when you drive in water. That's an instant fail for me.

There is though... :p they're just really small and only cover the bottom 1/8th of the tire.

You're half right. When you drift, there's fire on your tires, even if you're in water. Looks bad.

News Comments > Wacky Wheels HD
1. Re: Wacky Wheels HD Nov 23, 2016, 10:11 ItBurn

Loved the original back in the day, but this looks terrible. There's no water splashes when you drive in water. That's an instant fail for me.  

News Comments > Blizzard's Unannounced First-Person Game
14. Re: Blizzard's Unannounced First-Person Game Nov 22, 2016, 16:01 ItBurn

If I could dream, I'd want a first person diablo-clone like Hellgate London. Not these diablo-lites like Borderlands or Destiny.  

1694 Comments. 85 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo