Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 1713 (Pro)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Criminal Past Released
12. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Criminal Past Released Feb 24, 2017, 18:16 ItBurn

jimnms wrote on Feb 24, 2017, 18:03:
Tyrric wrote on Feb 24, 2017, 15:59:
Maybe they can do one final DLC to tie up the cliffhanger I hear the game ended with. I never got to finish it, since my gaming PC decided it didn't want to run games anymore a few days after I got the game, but with the supposed hiatus of the series I'm just not looking feeling motivated to go back for rest of the story.

I just finished the game last night and it does end leaving you with more questions than answers, but the original ends that way too. I kind of liked how it ended with the Picus News stories summing up the outcomes of your missions, but it seems like they didn't bother to cover a lot of them. I thought it was cleaver how you find out some of them during the game, but a few others, like solving "The Last Harvest" murders doesn't get a news story.

I thought the game was pretty damn short compared to the last one. Although Steam says I clocked in 126 hours, I spent the first 40 of those in the city hacking and breaking into everything I could find, which king of spoils things because you end up going to a lot of those places later on for side missions. I was also going for a no-kill run, so I save scummed like crazy.

I have more play time in the second game too because I went ghost and explored absolutely everything. The world is much denser. The story is way shorter than in the first game though, so if you don't procrastinate that much, the game is definitely too short.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Criminal Past Released
8. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Criminal Past Released Feb 24, 2017, 16:18 ItBurn

They royally screwed up with this game. Would have played the hell out of it if it was part of the main game or if it was an expansion, but I have zero interest in these story things.  

News Comments > For Honor Cheaters Banned
8. Re: For Honor Cheaters Banned Feb 24, 2017, 15:26 ItBurn

HoSpanky wrote on Feb 24, 2017, 15:06:
thecakeisalie wrote on Feb 24, 2017, 14:54:
"These bans are applied on an account level, not at the hardware level"

So Ubisoft is allowing the cheaters to just make another account so they can buy the game again and keep playing. They pay lip service to the community by "banning" cheaters yet allow the cheaters to pony up the cash for the game again and play if they want to. Never one to pass up a quick buck, eh Ubisoft? LOL.

Well, blocking hardware, especially on consoles, is a terrible plan. They'll just sell the console, and start over on a fresh one. Meanwhile someone buys a used Xbone/PS4 from GameStop and then suddenly some games don't let them play online.

I've never understood the need to cheat in online gaming, and ESPECIALLY don't understand those cheaters then complaining about being punished for cheating. If you cheat to win, you didn't actually win. There's no victory there.

You guys must sh*t money to be able to buy 80$ games and new consoles over and over. What Ubi is doing is fair in my eyes. Also, if they banned the hardware, the cheaters could sell their console and some other random guy would be sh*t out of luck if he tried to play the game. Is this practice something that was ever even done?

News Comments > Dungeons 3 Announced
1. Re: Dungeons 3 Announced Feb 21, 2017, 09:23 ItBurn

The only thing preventing me from playing this is the lack of first person control of monsters. It's pretty ironic that the whole trailer is about that. Unless they added it in the third game.  

News Comments > Steam Greenlight Giving Way to Steam Direct
40. Re: Steam Greenlight Giving Way to Steam Direct Feb 10, 2017, 22:35 ItBurn

It already costs 100$ to get a game on Greenlight, so people are willing to pay that and I think that's a good number to prevent spamming. 5K is definitely too high. I personally put a game on Steam and didn't make anything close to 5K. Thing is, I would have paid the 5K if I had to, but it would have turned out that I would have lost a sh*tload of money and that that money was instead in Valve's pockets, which would make me feel like I was swindled... So, seems like this new project of theirs is about raising the price. If they're going to do that, I suggest they stay below 500$. I think they should just leave it at 100$. I really don't think there's a problem with too many or too low quality games on Steam. You can get refunds, there's great reviews and you can filter things easily.  

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend
11. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend Feb 3, 2017, 12:21 ItBurn

blah wrote on Feb 3, 2017, 00:21:
Are you saying Rainbow Six Siege is a casual garbage game? I couldn't disagree more. That game is the best out of any of the current competitive shooters and may be one of the best of all time.

The game is the opposite of a garbage game for casuals. It's the most cerebral and strategic multiplayer shooter out there. The destruction itself takes it way beyond anything out there. It's like a game from a future where Call of Duty never happened.

News Comments > More Overwatch Cheaters Banned
5. Re: More Overwatch Cheaters Banned Feb 3, 2017, 12:11 ItBurn

Banning accounts from net cafes isn't futile. It'll make the gaming cafe realize that people cheat and might try to stop people from cheating after they had to buy the 1000th key.  

News Comments > Fallout New Vegas 2 Rumor
12. Re: Fallout New Vegas 2 Rumor Jan 31, 2017, 01:13 ItBurn

I wouldn't be too surprised because Bethesda says it isn't going to do another of their RPGs for an abnormally long time. I definitely want more Fallout.

I'm one of those who prefered FO3 over FNV though. I didn't like how the faction system worked. Your standing with factions could be affected even if there were no witnesses. I also though that their quests were not "systemic" enough compared to FO3. I also preferred the apocalyptic wasteland feeling of FO3 rather than the bustling civilization of FNV.

I absolutely hated the quest system in FO4 and it was barely a RPG, so if Obsidian fixes that, I'll be a happy camper.

News Comments > Apocalypse Now - the Game Kickstarter
18. Re: Apocalypse Now - the Game Kickstarter Jan 26, 2017, 14:27 ItBurn

900k?! ahahahaha. It's a terrible idea too.  

News Comments > GeForce Now Streaming Announced
46. Re: GeForce Now Streaming Announced Jan 5, 2017, 18:16 ItBurn

Streaming "dynamic" games just doesn't work and it's been proven time and time again. Our internet connections are too slow and there's too much latency. It's impossible.  

News Comments > Steam Winter Sale and Awards Voting Begin
26. Re: Steam Winter Sale and Awards Voting Begin Dec 22, 2016, 17:46 ItBurn

In Farcry 4, if you do nothing(don't join the rebellion), the game ends with the villain being nice to you. By joining the rebellion, you're actually going into a country you don't really know and try to overthrow the established government through what is basically terrorism. You're the bad guy. But why does Pagan Ming(villain) deserve a hug you ask? Well this goes in spoiler territory, but is highly interesting.

Spoiler: Your mom and dad were in the rebellion together and were lovers. They had you. When you were still a baby, your mom infiltrated Pagan Ming as a worker or something, I don't remember what exactly. She realized that Pagan wasn't such a bad guy and they fell in love. She fell out of love with your dad because he was a huge asshole. Pagan and your mom had another child, a girl. Your dad, being an evil asshole, killed the girl. That's when your mom escaped that country. Cue the start of the game, your mom died and you're bringing her ashes to Lakshmana. The main character, you, or Ajay, has no idea what Lakshmana is, and he thinks it's some kind of location. Turns out it's his half-sister's name. So she wanted her ashes to be with her other child. Pagan knows all of this and he doesn't hate you at all, just your father. You probably remind him of your mother, which he still loves. So, essentially, he really just wants to be your friend and really deserves a hug. Notice that when you play the game, he never really makes direct threats towards you. Sad as hell.

News Comments > Dishonored 2 New Game Plus Mode Released
13. Re: Dishonored 2 New Game Plus Mode Released Dec 20, 2016, 13:17 ItBurn

For me, knowing almost anything about a game or movie will spoil it. I have more imagination than most I guess. Knowing who the villain is, what the hero's goal is or what the intro/tutorial sequence is are definitely lessening my enjoyment.  

News Comments > Dishonored 2 New Game Plus Mode Released
11. Re: Dishonored 2 New Game Plus Mode Released Dec 20, 2016, 10:29 ItBurn

Jivaro wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 21:45:
This reminds me that I still need to play the first.

My expectations are high given the high praise from every single gamer friend I have. Sounds like the second game has turned out pretty well too.

You're always making a mistake by having high expectations for anything.

Dishonored is a good game, but it's not that good... It's an 8. A lot of its components are mediocre.

News Comments > Egosoft Plans "Real" X4
13. Re: Egosoft Plans Dec 16, 2016, 14:04 ItBurn

SlimRam wrote on Dec 16, 2016, 14:02:
VaranDragon wrote on Dec 16, 2016, 12:58:
ItBurn wrote on Dec 16, 2016, 10:52:
I'm always interested in space sims, but the X series are too much like Eve and Elite. Big, but empty and boring with a focus on numbers rather than gameplay. I'm more of a Freelancer guy. Actually, Freelancer is the only good space sim I've played... Other than the original X-wing...

I thought Freelancer was the most hyped space sim ever, not deserving of half the praise it got. I hated the 3rd person camera, the oversimplified flight model and controls, and pretty much everything about it except for the story. Oh well, opinions and all....

I felt the same way about Freelancer and you could play it in first-person (I hate 3rd person for games like this or driving games) you just had to press Control+V to change the view, it was much better IMO but made the game MUCH harder also.

I had no idea... Or maybe I did and I don't remember. It's been a long time.

9. Re: Egosoft Plans Dec 16, 2016, 13:15 ItBurn

VaranDragon wrote on Dec 16, 2016, 12:58:
ItBurn wrote on Dec 16, 2016, 10:52:
I'm always interested in space sims, but the X series are too much like Eve and Elite. Big, but empty and boring with a focus on numbers rather than gameplay. I'm more of a Freelancer guy. Actually, Freelancer is the only good space sim I've played... Other than the original X-wing...

I thought Freelancer was the most hyped space sim ever, not deserving of half the praise it got. I hated the 3rd person camera, the oversimplified flight model and controls, and pretty much everything about it except for the story. Oh well, opinions and all....

Opinion, like you say. I wouldn't say I hated anything about it, but it's true that I'd prefer first person. But the high points were the dense star systems with tons of unique details and actual exploration and meaningful discoveries. Simply no other game of this type has anything close to that. You see a nebula from afar, you go towards it, then you enter it, all in real time, and you find cool stuff like salvageable wrecks, pirate bases or hidden warp points to uncharted systems... Also, it had online multiplayer and that was amazing on its own.

Other games have elements of this, but I'd describe all of them as "samey" empty systems where everything meaningful is already marked on your map. You don't really need to go anywhere, you can just look at the star map and plan where to go. There's no discovery.

2. Re: Egosoft Plans Dec 16, 2016, 10:52 ItBurn

News Comments > Ubisoft Giveaway Second Chance
12. Re: Ubisoft Giveaway Second Chance Dec 16, 2016, 09:31 ItBurn

Morgan19 wrote on Dec 16, 2016, 09:26:
Question: Do you actually have to download them at this point, or can you just somehow "add" them to your account and download them in the future if you ever want to play?

You add them to your account.

Support more platforms, it creates competition and it's better for you and everyone else.

This comment was edited on Dec 16, 2016, 09:39.

News Comments > Turtle Rock's New Co-op Shooter
19. Re: Turtle Rock's New Co-op Shooter Dec 14, 2016, 09:46 ItBurn

Wetworks wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 07:25:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 13, 2016, 23:58:
Wetworks wrote on Dec 13, 2016, 15:19:
There's so few current co-op shooters that I'm always willing to give a new one a fair shot. The next one I'm interested in is Mass Effect Andromeda MP which won't be out for another several months.

I wish them all the luck.

Have you tried Angels Fall First or Renegade X?

Those look interesting but I was thinking about AAA PvE co-op shooters like Borderlands, L4Dead or a horde mode with a good level up system like ME MP.

You might want to try Shadow Warrior 2. Kinda like Borderlands.

News Comments > Turtle Rock's New Co-op Shooter
8. Re: Turtle Rock's New Co-op Shooter Dec 13, 2016, 13:31 ItBurn

VaranDragon wrote on Dec 13, 2016, 12:45:
descender wrote on Dec 13, 2016, 12:11:
The concept and gameplay behind Evolve is quite sound. Their business model is really what ruined it (along with some balancing issues).

I absolutely love a-sync multiplayer like L4D, so I can only hope they get it right this time.

L4D was pure awesome. Wish someone (Turtle Rock?) would do an Alien(s) game where one side are a squad of Marines, and the other controls special aliens like the Queen, the Dog Alien, Predalien and the like, and are supported by a horde of ravenous soldier aliens....

I think that game is called Natural Selection. It definitely doesn't have the Alien movie vibe to it though.

News Comments > The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ Next Month
2. Re: The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ Next Month Dec 10, 2016, 11:01 ItBurn

I played hundreds of hours of various versions of this game. I'm not sure I have room for more. Kinda curious about these mod tools.  

1713 Comments. 86 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo