Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 1649 (Pro)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > MINECRAFT Exploration Update Plans
3. Re: MINECRAFT Exploration Update Plans Sep 26, 2016, 12:32 ItBurn

Beamer wrote on Sep 26, 2016, 12:19:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 26, 2016, 11:33:
Completely useless. Modders have already added a thousand times more quality content than is in the base game.

Though it's high on Minecraft, the share of people who mod will always be low. It's a lot of time spent on what could end up being inferior content.

I didn't see stats for that, but you may be right. But it's incredibly easy to mod minecraft. You download a single executable that setups everything for you. It's a compilation of mod packs that follow a theme. All you have to do is press play.

Edit: I guess the update is for the console p... layers.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MINECRAFT Exploration Update Plans
1. Re: MINECRAFT Exploration Update Plans Sep 26, 2016, 11:33 ItBurn

Completely useless. Modders have already added a thousand times more quality content than is in the base game.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Examined
46. Re: Star Citizen Examined Sep 23, 2016, 15:11 ItBurn

Darks wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 15:08:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 15:04:
Darks wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 14:51:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 13:54:
Darks wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 11:52:
This game was supposed to be delivered on around Nov of 2014 2 years after it was successfully funded on Nov 2012.

That's absolutely false. I don't remember there being a release date when I backed it, but it was pretty clear that this would be a looong time in the making.

You better go and check the Kick starter page again son. It clearly states the game was to be deliver around Nov 2014.

All I can see is that the pledges would be delivered in 2014. If you thought that this would mean the final game, I think the only person you should be mad at here is yourself. Everyone knew it would take a much longer time to make the game. What did you do, back it without even looking at it? If you didn't back it, why are you complaining? I don't need you to give me investment advice. I made it 4 years ago and it's raising in value.

You are so delusional, that date is not just for the pledges, its also for the delivery of the game. Do yourself a favor and go away, if you cant see the reality of this game and whats its become then your a lost cause.

And not once did I ever tell you to not support the game, I only merely pointed out the facts, some you seem to be in denial about.

You're delusional if you think that Kickstarter dates are absolutes.

44. Re: Star Citizen Examined Sep 23, 2016, 15:04 ItBurn

Darks wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 14:51:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 13:54:
This game was supposed to be delivered on around Nov of 2014 2 years after it was successfully funded on Nov 2012.

That's absolutely false. I don't remember there being a release date when I backed it, but it was pretty clear that this would be a looong time in the making.

You better go and check the Kick starter page again son. It clearly states the game was to be deliver around Nov 2014.

All I can see is that the pledges would be delivered in 2014. If you thought that this would mean the final game, I think the only person you should be mad at here is yourself. Everyone knew it would take a much longer time to make the game. What did you do, back it without even looking at it? If you didn't back it, why are you complaining? I don't need you to give me investment advice. I made it 4 years ago and it's raising in value.

36. Re: Star Citizen Examined Sep 23, 2016, 13:54 ItBurn

12. Re: Star Citizen Examined Sep 23, 2016, 11:39 ItBurn

Mordhaus wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 11:21:
Was Freelancer a good game? It was fun, sort of ok, but it was the No Man's Sky of it's time.

Really? Freelancer is the best space game I've ever played and is one of my top games of all time. If SC is anything like Freelancer, this is a major success!

11. Re: Star Citizen Examined Sep 23, 2016, 11:37 ItBurn

I was there at the start, I understood his vision, and I was down with it. Now they consistently give us playable releases with amazing tech and you see it taking shape. Every day things are looking even better than I imagined and I'm still glad I backed. The guy is successfully making the best space game ever, in gameplay and in technology, and people act like it should have been released years ago. Just go play Elite and leave the devs alone.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 23, 2016, 09:32 ItBurn

Yeah, the effects of cosmic radiation are real. I joke about it every time there's a rare and strange bug in my code. I'm not very original.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
22. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 22, 2016, 14:55 ItBurn

Beamer wrote on Sep 22, 2016, 14:48:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 22, 2016, 14:43:
Beamer wrote on Sep 22, 2016, 14:38:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 22, 2016, 14:31:
He's saying that all PC gamers are like this.

Incorrect. It is not about all PC gamers. I mean, honestly, if I were to generalize PC gamers, I'd basically say the same thing. And I am a guy that does my gaming predominantly on, and prefers to do it on, PCs. But I acknowledge that PC gamers can be really damn annoying.

I mean, generalizations are made on this board all the time. Marketers are inept, CEOs are psychopaths, feminists are nazis, Trump fans are morons. Do people here generally think the people mean "all?"

I disagree. I think Pachter meant all PC gamers. You can only generalize when most(maybe 80%+?) of a thing are a certain way. With Pachter's claim, most of PC gamers aren't like that.

This is why people got so angry about "Gamers are Over." Rather than looking around and going "man, this is right, there are a lot of really annoying people," someone said "NOT ALL GAMERS!"

Pachter absolutely did not mean all PC gamers. Occam's razor, even. There's absolutely no way anyone could say that and mean "all." At all. Pachter almost definitely plays games via PC himself, which would make him a PC gamer.

Ok, yeah, I used "all" and this was a mistake on my part. Replace my "all" for "most".

20. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 22, 2016, 14:43 ItBurn

Beamer wrote on Sep 22, 2016, 14:38:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 22, 2016, 14:31:
He's saying that all PC gamers are like this.

Incorrect. It is not about all PC gamers. I mean, honestly, if I were to generalize PC gamers, I'd basically say the same thing. And I am a guy that does my gaming predominantly on, and prefers to do it on, PCs. But I acknowledge that PC gamers can be really damn annoying.

I mean, generalizations are made on this board all the time. Marketers are inept, CEOs are psychopaths, feminists are nazis, Trump fans are morons. Do people here generally think the people mean "all?"

I disagree. I think Pachter meant allmost PC gamers. You can only generalize when most(maybe 80%+?) of a thing are a certain way. With Pachter's claim, most of PC gamers aren't like that.

This comment was edited on Sep 22, 2016, 15:02.

16. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 22, 2016, 14:31 ItBurn

Beamer wrote on Sep 22, 2016, 14:13:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 22, 2016, 14:07:
If you guys can't see how wrong his analogy is, then I can't really say more to you. But regardless of that, saying that his definition is "nailing" it is insane. Most PC gamers, me included(I try anyway), are actually sensible. Also, I think that you can identify as a PC gamer and still play some games on other platforms. I'm a hardcore PC gamer, but I play handheld and mobile games. Also, some things are simply better on a PC and no amount of ignoring of the facts will make that change. It's not about being "racist". Obligatory conclusion to not get flamed: Consoles have some advantages too.

Most, sure, but are you denying that there's a very vocal portion that is exactly what he described?

Again, look at this board. I think many here would say they are gamers, or people that play video games.

For some, though, their identity is clearly "PC Gamer." Gamer is important, as is PC. They demand both be included in who they are. Those people will gleefully pretend no game is worthwhile unless it's on the PC, that the PC is objectively better than consoles for gaming, and that the PC version of a game is always better.

See: CJ Parker.

Pachter's comment is generalizing PC gamers. He's saying that all PC gamers are like this. People in this thread agree with him. I'm saying that they are crazy. Also, absolutely, there's PC gamers with terrible opinions. There's people with terrible opinions everywhere. There's despicable console gamers.

I'm a PC gamer. As PC gamer as you're going to get. I don't fit your description. As for if games are always better on PC, I'm not going to give an opinion. I'm going to stick to case by case. But I know damn well that most games are simply better on PC. Not only because of the game itself, but of all the advantages that a PC offers and all the effects it has on the gaming industry when you choose the PC version. Most of my friends are hardcore console gamers and I can have debates with them about games and we disagree on some things and everything is fine. Do what you want to do, I don't care, and I'm not going to drop you as a friend if you have differing views on games. But if you're asking me my opinion, I'm going to give it to you straight up, and it's going to be researched.

12. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 22, 2016, 14:07 ItBurn

If you guys can't see how wrong his analogy is, then I can't really say more to you. But regardless of that, saying that his definition is "nailing" it is insane. Most PC gamers, me included(I try anyway), are actually sensible. Also, I think that you can identify as a PC gamer and still play some games on other platforms. I'm a hardcore PC gamer, but I play handheld and mobile games. Also, some things are simply better on a PC and no amount of ignoring of the facts will make that change. It's not about being "racist". Obligatory conclusion to not get flamed: Consoles have some advantages too.  

6. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 22, 2016, 13:19 ItBurn

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 22, 2016, 13:08:
“I think PC Gamers are like racists; they only like their own kind and they have no interest in venturing out and mixing with other races,” Pachter is quoted as saying by the paper. “PC gamers are arrogant twits who are convinced what they do is better than what anybody else can possibly do.”

He nailed it, sadly some of them post here.

Why are you even on this site if you're not a PC gamer?

3. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 22, 2016, 10:48 ItBurn

I've listened to him a lot back when he did videos for Gametrailers. He was basically always wrong. So that's qualifications, and his opinion of PC gamers and the way he said this shows his level of maturity and self-confidence...  

News Comments > Resident Evil 7 Specs
1. Re: Resident Evil 7 Specs Sep 22, 2016, 10:31 ItBurn

Wow, I don't even make the minimum requirements. It might be time for an upgrade. But, also, the minimum are too high... I'm pretty sure I can run it with my 670.  

News Comments > More Steam Review System Tweaks
5. Re: More Steam Review System Tweaks Sep 21, 2016, 13:35 ItBurn

Personally, I've always liked the review system. The aggregate score pretty much always gave you a good idea of how good the game was for that type of game and that public. Then you could read a handful of key reviews yourself to see if you'd like that game according to its type and what kind of games you like. Looking at the negative reviews is especially helpful. Sure, there's a lot of BS reviews, but just ignore them and go to the next one... In 2 minutes you should have a good idea of if the game is worth the price for you.  

News Comments > Survarium Anti-Cheat Plans
1. Re: Survarium Anti-Cheat Plans Sep 21, 2016, 11:11 ItBurn

I'll be very surprised if more than 10 people play this game. Also, I think it's safe to say that we can forget the singleplayer.  

News Comments > Gears of War 4 NVIDIA Bundles
13. Re: Gears of War 4 NVIDIA Bundles Sep 21, 2016, 10:11 ItBurn

Retired wrote on Sep 21, 2016, 00:50:
I am in the market for a 1070, biut the GoW cover system regen health console game isnt really a selling point is it?

Yeah, to me Gear is the opposite of a PC game.

5. Re: Gears of War 4 NVIDIA Bundles Sep 20, 2016, 13:29 ItBurn

Ozmodan wrote on Sep 20, 2016, 13:26:
Funny, I really have not found any issues with Windows 10, while the windows 7 PC continually has issues.

My main issues are with the Windows 10 app store apocalyptic future that Microsoft wants. I also don't like the spying and the gradual removal of user control, but I'm not saying that Win10 doesn't work.

3. Re: Gears of War 4 NVIDIA Bundles Sep 20, 2016, 13:24 ItBurn

I've been pro-nvidia for a long time, but I may switch to AMD to combat the Win10 bullshittery. I also think that Vulkan is a way better solution than DX12. It's not looking good for AMD at the moment though...  

1649 Comments. 83 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo