Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 1613 (Pro)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > PS Now PC Streaming Begins
5. Re: PS Now PC Streaming Begins Aug 30, 2016, 23:14 ItBurn

So, I'm playing on PC because I want all the advantages that consoles don't have. You're telling me that I should pay 100$ a year to be able to play console games, without the PC advantages, but not only that, with compression artifacts and input lag? I'm clearly not the market for this.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout 4: Nuka-World Released
6. Re: Fallout 4: Nuka-World Released Aug 30, 2016, 23:09 ItBurn

I played so much of the original game that I can't find the interest required to play the DLC. I started Far Harbor and even started a game with the survival mode or whatever, but it feels pointless. It did the same thing with Fallout 3 and NV. I ate up all the Skyrim DLC though. Don't know why that is.  

News Comments > Duke Nukem Countdown
41. Re: Duke Nukem Countdown Aug 26, 2016, 17:04 ItBurn

shiho wrote on Aug 26, 2016, 17:00:
When Duke3D Megaton edition, aka "the definitive playable version" came out, without promised multiplayer, and then kept delaying and pushing it back, I predicted that they are stalling and will never have functional multiplayer.

The developer got pissed at me and banned me from Steam forum. Then, eons later, my cousin and I tried the alleged multiplayer. It was a buggy, laggy mess - and we lived in the same city.

Now they pulled that game from Steam store entirely, to erase the shame. Guess someone's trying again?

Meanwhile, I recall, there was one way to actually play Duke3D in co-op, and it was to install a very specific old stable version of eDuke32, but I don't recall the version number.

SlimRam wrote on Aug 26, 2016, 05:27:
Jerykk wrote on Aug 26, 2016, 04:44:
DSOGaming has already confirmed that this is just yet another re-release of Duke 3D, with some minor enhancements and new content.
Ah so it's not a remaster but more like a re-release? Balls...nevermind I guess

Don't know about Duke, but I play Blood with friends from time to time with no issues via the GOG version. It's pretty easy too, no need to install or configure anything. Since it's basically the same engine, I'm guessing duke works too.

34. Re: Duke Nukem Countdown Aug 26, 2016, 09:43 ItBurn

VaranDragon wrote on Aug 26, 2016, 05:18:
ItBurn wrote on Aug 25, 2016, 21:44:
RedEye9 wrote on Aug 25, 2016, 21:35:
I will not be polluting my body with this devils lettuce. A perfect 5 out of 7. Thanks Sapharo!

I don't get the 5/7 thing... Maybe we have a different sense of humor...

I think he meant to give it 5/5, and then, typo? Stupidity? Anyway he later states that he would give it a perfect score, which the other dude trolls supremely...:)

Thanks for explaining, I actually didn't get that he meant 5/5 I'm special. Still not that funny though :p

23. Re: Duke Nukem Countdown Aug 26, 2016, 00:47 ItBurn

bigspender wrote on Aug 26, 2016, 00:25:
SlimRam wrote on Aug 26, 2016, 00:10:
Polygon seems to think it's a Duke Nukem 3D remaster! I say,"You wanna dance?"

Yes, yes I do INDEED!

That would be alright. The levels really innovative, well at least for the time.

I'll take Duke's level design over 95% of shooters nowadays. I think this vid from totalbiscuit captures why: biscuit vid

17. Re: Duke Nukem Countdown Aug 25, 2016, 21:44 ItBurn

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 25, 2016, 21:35:
I will not be polluting my body with this devils lettuce. A perfect 5 out of 7. Thanks Sapharo!

I don't get the 5/7 thing... Maybe we have a different sense of humor...

News Comments > Vampyr Trailer
4. Re: Vampyr Trailer Aug 25, 2016, 21:42 ItBurn

Acleacius wrote on Aug 25, 2016, 21:37:
I been complaining about how he just murders that guy for no reason. Did you see he had data about everyone in the district. The guy he killed(the enforcer guy) was forced into that work to care for his sick son. So not only did he murder him, he also made an orphan.

It looked like he killed him directly from dialog, without reason or cause, except to get extra xp for feeding on a human. Now in another forum, we've been debating whether Feeding is an autokill or not. It seems to be, at least to me. I thought he was going to entrall the guy or help him and his son, but uhh...no.

So here is a doctor who not only took Hippocratic oath but has a mentor (in the players vampire state) and goes to church to confess he is a monster. Wth, none of this makes any sense.

Well, he seemed to say that he had no emotions anymore, because of the vampire transformation. So, he's not evil or good and he doesn't really know how to act. So one moment he kills someone just to see what happens. The next he tries confessing. The theme of the game seems to be about what kind of person you can become if you have no emotions, and why emotions are important to humans, or something... Maybe I'm reading too much into it But yeah, not the best choice of things to show in a trailer.

News Comments > Vampyr Trailer
1. Re: Vampyr Trailer Aug 25, 2016, 19:24 ItBurn

Why is everything soooo blurry in that trailer? Can't say they got me hooked. It looks a bit too much like all these generic console third person action games. Slap a different coat of pain on this game from 10 years ago. The RPG elements seem a bit too simple, but maybe they chose to focus on the setting rather than gameplay. Unfortunately, I'm mostly about gameplay. I do like the setting/atmosphere.  

4. Re: Duke Nukem Countdown Aug 25, 2016, 19:05 ItBurn

If it's a new game, I hope Flying Wild Hog makes it... The website makes it look like it's more of a remaster or something, because of the 20 year thing.

I actually enjoyed DNF when it came out. I wasn't dumb and expecting the best game ever like everyone was. It was a 7/10. It had tons of variety and more interactivity than all shooters released that year, and most today. It was kinda funny too.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patched
40. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patched Aug 24, 2016, 14:31 ItBurn

MajorD wrote on Aug 24, 2016, 14:18:
Acleacius wrote on Aug 24, 2016, 14:15:
They were far more insidious this time, most people could tell they screwed up Thief before it was released. Preventing them from preordering and supporting a crappy sequel. Now they added microtransactions with intent (whether they are shamed into fixing it later or not) to completely exploit their customers.

Not to mention, according to what I've read, basically just decided to cut content directly out of the game. Selling it as dlc, yet leaving gaping holes in the story as it is now. At least normally you could expect a cohesive story from a $60 game in the past.

Whaaat? Micro transactions in a single player game? It's bad enough in MP games, but a SP game? GFYs Square Enix!

One way to see it is that there's no direct problem with it, unless they affect the game like in free to play games. It's basically cheat code DLCs, like the game genie.

On the other hand though, that means that they don't want you to mod the game and that they want their games to go in the direction of closed platform apps. It's also not a problem it itself, lots of games don't have mods, but as a gamer, I'd much rather have it so I could mod all games. It's definitely a minus for consumers.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2016, 13:36 ItBurn

Hey Blue. There's this new dinosaur ad in the comments and it's constantly crashing. It's a flash crash. It freezes my whole browser. It keeps crashing even if I stop the flash process.  

29. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patched Aug 24, 2016, 12:32 ItBurn

Jerykk wrote on Aug 24, 2016, 12:25:
I love how people are saying this game is unoptimized because they can't run it at max settings at 60 FPS. Max settings are not standardized between games. Just because you can run one game at max settings doesn't mean you can run another game at max settings. Also, just because you have a high-end GPU doesn't mean you will always be able to run games at max settings (see aforementioned lack of standardized max settings).

Honestly, reactions like this are likely to cause developers to simply remove their highest settings and rename their lower settings. If "High" was the highest setting available in DX:MD, nobody would be complaining.

Absolutely right. Exact same thing happened during the Crysis 1 days. The effect was that it took a long time after that for another game to be more demanding/look better. One may say that since then, devs stopped adding ultra-high-end settings to games to prevent the backlash.

18. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patched Aug 24, 2016, 11:30 ItBurn

Non-related, but I need to know. How is ghosting defined in this game? If you perform a non-lethal takedown without being seen, are you still ghosting? Also, you get rewards for non-lethal takedows without being seen, but are you MISSING rewards if you complete a mission if you don't even touch anyone? I mean without takedowns and without being seen?  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released
17. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released Aug 23, 2016, 11:49 ItBurn

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 11:45:
Well, it's a common theme across just about every single review out there and when even the mainstream reviewers notice that the story sucks then it must be really terribad...

Some reviewers actually loved the story. Most say it lacks high points. Rare are the ones who say it's bad.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released
16. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released Aug 23, 2016, 11:48 ItBurn

After reviewing the reviews, the consensus is that the game is very fun, but that it's a bit too similar to the previous one and the story is lacking. The PC port is reported to be good too. Must buy for fans of the first one. Others who want a good rpg or stealth game should get it too. The rest might want to wait for a discount.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation
82. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 22, 2016, 00:13 ItBurn

I think that you guys are too blinded by your emotions or previous investments to realize how amazing the tech in that demo was. There's never been anything done at a level close to this. If you want a full simulation of a space game, this is the real deal. They took no shortcuts. Don't reply to my comment about how you think this is a scam or all that endlessly repetitive noise. Just appreciate the tech.  

67. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 21, 2016, 15:41 ItBurn

Peeeling wrote on Aug 21, 2016, 15:25:
ItBurn wrote on Aug 21, 2016, 10:48:
This demo looked amazing. They're finally almost done with all the base features and can finally start content building. This technology is insane, absolutely insane. It might not look like it to a normal person though. Cannot wait to see what's next.

Oh good lord you are SO wrong. Like, 180 degrees incorrect. What they have GOT is some content. And you just saw it. All of it. What they do not have in any meaningful sense are the systems to support the kind of game they're selling to people.

Nah, I'm right, you're wrong.

65. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 21, 2016, 13:04 ItBurn

VaranDragon wrote on Aug 21, 2016, 11:11:
All I wanted was some Squadron42 news.

At the end of the video he says that they're keeping all Squadron 42 things for Citizen Con, and apparently it'll be big. I expect they'll show an entire scenario or something.

60. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 21, 2016, 10:48 ItBurn

This demo looked amazing. They're finally almost done with all the base features and can finally start content building. This technology is insane, absolutely insane. It might not look like it to a normal person though. Cannot wait to see what's next.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Trailer
23. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Trailer Aug 19, 2016, 10:02 ItBurn

1badmf wrote on Aug 19, 2016, 05:52:
VaranDragon wrote on Aug 19, 2016, 03:20:
Looking forward to this. Also what Half Elf is referring to as the first game, is actually the third game.

I managed to ignore what was happening with Deus Ex until fairly recently (apart from the first one). The few trailers for this game got me to take a look at Human Revolution, and Im glad I did so. It's a fun game, even though the shooting mechanics and the cover system leave a lot to be desired. Let's hope this one fixes up some of those issues from the previous game and we will have a pure winner on our hands.

we all know DX:HR was the 3rd game. i'm pretty sure all of us played the 1st 1st game when it 1st came out. now that was a masterpiece of game design.

I actually hated the first game when it came out. It was a combination of bad controls/interface and the fact that there were other shooters with much better controls/interface. Sure the game had crazy features that no other game had, but I remember it not being very much fun to actually play. But that was so long ago...

1613 Comments. 81 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo