Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bruno Beaudoin

Real Name Bruno Beaudoin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ItBurn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.blazingbitgames.com
Signed On Mar 8, 2011, 17:00
Total Comments 1937 (Pro)
User ID 56211

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Crytek Suing Cloud Imperium
8. Re: Crytek Suing Cloud Imperium Dec 13, 2017, 20:45 ItBurn

This is going to make other devs want to use the Cryengine...  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Year 3 DLC
4. Re: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Year 3 DLC Dec 13, 2017, 14:12 ItBurn

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 14:04:
This is a great game and still lots of people playing it online. Good to see they are still supporting it instead of just releasing a new game every year with a shit load of DLC.
It's in the top 10 of most popular games on Steam 2 yrs after release

I still like it and the new free content is cool, but I wouldn't say that they do the best job. It could be because I only play terrorist hunt, but the game seems more buggy than it was a year ago. Every update seems to break something that never gets fixed. It got to the point where my friends got pissed at the game and refuse to play. "Operation health" is pretty ironic.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Year 3 DLC
2. Re: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Year 3 DLC Dec 13, 2017, 13:08 ItBurn

Darks wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 10:56:
Seems to me they are trying to pimp out these operators. Is there really any difference between any of them? And I mean, is there really any difference that is noticeably different besides a new look.

What makes them so special that any the others cant do?

I recall playing this on a free weekend, and I really didn't care for the feel of the game, the weapons felt odd and very over sized from what I remember. It just didn't feel like the old Rainbow Siege games like Vegas and past games.

They feel different. They have different speeds, health and equipment. They all have different weapon choices and they each have one or two unique gadgets that can change the game completely. If you're extremely competitive, it's important to pay mind to which operator you choose, but at the same time, all operators are good enough and you're guaranteed to have great ones without spending any time or money on the game. Also, you don't need to get this season pass. You can unlock all operators for free by playing the game.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Giveaway Underway
13. Re: Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Giveaway Underway Dec 12, 2017, 00:32 ItBurn

It's probably the best pirate game there ever was. For most people anyway. It's not mine, because I was able to get into the Akella games, which is a pretty difficult feat.  

News Comments > Path of Exile: War for the Atlas Launches
8. Re: Path of Exile: War for the Atlas Launches Dec 10, 2017, 00:28 ItBurn

It's the same POE. Now you can burn grass.  

News Comments > In The Valley of Gods Announced
1. Re: In The Valley of Gods Announced Dec 8, 2017, 16:09 ItBurn

I liked Firewatch. A pretty good walking simulator with more interactivity than usual. I thought that the graphics were terrible though, even with the stylized look. In this one, the graphics look at least adequate and I really could go for exploring a pyramid.  

News Comments > Witchfire Announced
11. Re: Witchfire Announced Dec 8, 2017, 16:03 ItBurn

Huge Painkiller fan and I also really like Ethan Carter, so I'm pretty excited for this.

As for co-op, the Build engine games had full co-op with absolutely no sacrifices made anywhere. That was a long time ago and it was even harder to do back then because of much greater limitations. The only reason co-op is so rare these days is because of arbitrary decisions made by developers.

I worked for an AAA dev, and in a meeting they told me that they wouldn't do full co-op because it was impossible... I told them that it was possible and that's literally all it took for them to change their mind and implement it.

Edit: by arbitrary choice, I meant choose/build an engine that supports co-op natively, and then actually support it.

This comment was edited on Dec 8, 2017, 17:14.

News Comments > Morning Patches
6. Re: Morning Patches Dec 2, 2017, 12:24 ItBurn

Bub wrote on Dec 2, 2017, 07:33:
SOMA

The live action teasers were way more interesting than 90% of the game.

I thought the exploring the sunken ship was the most well done part of the game, while the rest was pretty boring typical walking simulatior in second rate FPS Shooter maps.

Great bargin bin game, no where near AAA value.

It was never priced as an AAA game. The story is what's good about the game.

4. Re: Morning Patches Dec 2, 2017, 01:12 ItBurn

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 23:26:
SOMA was awesome, but wtf, safe mode? I guess... but the monsters could be dodged/ran from anyway... Oh well, it's good if it gets more people to experience niche games like that.

It's been a year since I played SOMA, but I swear I remember most of the monsters don't even insta-kill you anyway, just knock you down and cause damage(translates to vision obstructions), which you can heal at various spots.

ItBurn, if you're not aware, Frictional Games, the guys who did SOMA, also did the Amnesia and Penumbra series. The Penumbra ones are a bit long in the tooth now, but all of their games(that I've played) are that exploratory/horror style, no real combat, just some hiding and dodging with decent to really good stories.

*EDIT* RedEye9 wtf, 1 shot hand cannon mod in Alien:Isolation?! Lol! For Shame. j/k, mods are the best thing about PC gaming.

I played and loved all their games. The instantly have my money. I have no idea, but I'm afraid they didn't make enough money with Soma. It seemed kinda under the radar, despite the cool videos they did for it. I wonder what they're going to do next. Any info?

News Comments > Seven: The Days Long Gone Released
5. Re: Seven: The Days Long Gone Released Dec 1, 2017, 17:26 ItBurn

Angrius Maximis wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 16:06:
This is PC only? Fuck that. Although its rare the PC gets any game thats considered worthy of not owning a console for.

How can you be on this site?

2. Re: Morning Patches Dec 1, 2017, 14:14 ItBurn

Please buy SOMA, I want more from those devs. I loved that game so much.  

News Comments > EA Says Visceral's Cancelled Star Wars Game Was Too Linear
17. Re: EA Says Visceral's Cancelled Star Wars Game Was Too Linear Nov 30, 2017, 03:14 ItBurn

The first part of his argument about not having enough people is kinda dumb. It's their own studio, EA decided to use 80. The rest might be true, but there's no way in hell we'd ever know coming from these people.  

News Comments > Nioh Mouse Support This Week
16. Re: Nioh Mouse Support This Week Nov 27, 2017, 15:47 ItBurn

Lorcin wrote on Nov 27, 2017, 15:43:
Squirmer wrote on Nov 27, 2017, 15:22:
How does this game have 90% positive Steam reviews? Usually a bad port gets slammed. Wolfenstein 2 is only 70% positive mainly because of technical issues, but this game gets a free pass even with no mouse support? Hard to understand.

It's a really good game? It doesn't have the overwhelming melancholy of the souls series and the action is much faster paced. I'd have picked it up day 1 on PC if I hadn't already bought the PS4 version - never finished mainly because the graphics were just horrible (I'm not used to PS4 and do struggle dropping to 1080p and below, FFXV was the same).

Personally, I don't think this needs mouse support - it will make bow's hugely overpowered.

It needs mouse support. I and many others would only play it if it did. They just have to be competent devs who actually do the work and balance the game for it.

15. Re: Nioh Mouse Support This Week Nov 27, 2017, 15:45 ItBurn

Beamer wrote on Nov 27, 2017, 15:28:
You're desperately trying to blame console players instead of ineffective/lazy devs and a reduced incentive to polish PC ports. Seriously. Reread what you wrote and tell me how "making console players look better" explains any of it.

I didn't read his post and I'm not trying to defend a position, but it's just a fact that most games that allow people using a mouse and people using a gamepad to play together either gimp the mouse or artificially improve gamepad. They have to do this in order to make the odds even. It can also creep up into singleplayer. It can be frustrating and one could claim that it was made in order to make gamepad users look better... There are definitely devs that just do a bad job and release crappy mouse controls for no excusable reason and I don't know if it's the case here.

5. Re: Nioh Mouse Support This Week Nov 27, 2017, 13:19 ItBurn

Too little too late.  

News Comments > On Sale
10. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2017, 14:09 ItBurn

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 26, 2017, 05:11:
Yeah, 6 years actually.... fucking hell, what a mess this one is.. by now whatever they called state-of-the-art graphics is gonna look like a bad joke on release. Well at least it's gonna be playable (just kidding, it's CryEngine, shit is gonna run at 10fps on a Titan X)

I tried the game 2-3 months ago on my 1070 and it ran great, and in my opinion, it's going to take other games at least 5 years to catch up to the current graphics quality of SC.

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale and Steam Awards Return
6. Re: Steam Autumn Sale and Steam Awards Return Nov 23, 2017, 00:43 ItBurn

The sales are pretty good I think. I got MK XL for 11 USD.  

News Comments > Valve Reviewing Review Reviews
20. Re: Valve Reviewing Review Reviews Nov 22, 2017, 03:00 ItBurn

jdreyer wrote on Nov 22, 2017, 02:04:
As for Ragnarok, it's great. I don't know if it's my favorite Marvel film. I love the first Cap movie, the first Iron Man, the first Avengers, and the first GotG, too.

For me it's Ragnarock, Deadpool and GotG1. The others are so far away that I won't even mention them.

16. Re: Valve Reviewing Review Reviews Nov 21, 2017, 16:57 ItBurn

jdreyer wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 16:33:
ItBurn wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 15:55:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 15:16:
Rotten Tomatoes offers both: a fresh/rotten meta calculation of like/didn't like as well as a 10 point scale average. It includes these for both reviewers and audience members.

That's a system that pleases everyone it would seem.

I was pretty sure that the rotten tomatoes point system was based on thumbs up and not a 10 point system, just like Steam. Anyone can confirm?

Although Dacote pointed you to the RT website, it's better to look at a specific movie like Thor Ragnarok to see the scale. 92% of reviewers liked the movie, giving it an average 10 point rating of 7.5. 88% of audience members liked it, with a 4.3 out of 5 rating.

I don't understand your numbers, so I don't know if you're with me or against me :p But Thor Ragnarock isn't a good barometer of the system because it was too good of a movie. You need to get a really mediocre one. There's tons of examples in the Marvel library...

Side note, Thor Ragnarock is my favorite Marvel movie ever. The others are so... mediocre. Some are better than others, but they place too much emphasis on the hero carrying the movie. Everything else is meh, and since I'm not really a superhero guy, they rarely do anything for me. Ragnarock is just a good movie overall.

13. Re: Valve Reviewing Review Reviews Nov 21, 2017, 15:55 ItBurn

jdreyer wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 15:16:
Rotten Tomatoes offers both: a fresh/rotten meta calculation of like/didn't like as well as a 10 point scale average. It includes these for both reviewers and audience members.

That's a system that pleases everyone it would seem.

I was pretty sure that the rotten tomatoes point system was based on thumbs up and not a 10 point system, just like Steam. Anyone can confirm?

1937 Comments. 97 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo