Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wraith

Real Name Wraith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wraith
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Intolerant
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 3, 2011, 22:49
Total Comments 103 (Novice)
User ID 56201

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Character & Weapon Customization
8. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Character & Weapon Customization Aug 18, 2016, 12:30 Wraith

The visuals in this trailer are fake. This is not what the game looks like. #FakeUbiTrailers  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - I am Setsuna
5. Re: Steamship Ahoy - I am Setsuna Jul 20, 2016, 20:18 Wraith

I am Setsuna? More like "I am an emo kid and I want an excuse to cut myself."

Christ, what a mawkish, melodramatic turd of a game.

News Comments > Battleborn Begins
17. Re: Battleborn Begins May 3, 2016, 16:17 Wraith

jdreyer wrote on May 3, 2016, 13:29:
SpectralMeat wrote on May 3, 2016, 10:42:
I've played a good 3 hours and loving it so far.
Wait, wait, WAIT. That can't be right. Randy Pitchford and Gearbox are money grubbing thieves that treat gamers like their own personal ATMs. They laugh heartily sitting on their gold-plated toilets while doing lines of coke off the exposed midriffs of supermodels.
Oh don't worry - the game is shit. Randy Pitchfork-tongue has sold another lemon to the console peasants who are desperate for any game - no matter how shit - during the current spring drought.

I played both betas. It's a profusion of crap with the single-player virtually non-existent. If you want a multiplayer game where a bunch of XBone losers call you "fag" a lot, then you'll love Battleborn - if you prefer something entertaining, you might want to look elsewhere.

News Comments > John Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter
51. Re: Quake Apr 29, 2016, 09:52 Wraith

Doombringer wrote on Apr 26, 2016, 09:03:
I have to set the record straight here, because Romero gets crap he doesn't deserve, but if you did some research you'd know. Quake's development cycle went way off the rails, and it wasn't because of Romero's design doc. Yeah, he had plans for it... they weren't any more or less crazy than what they came up with for Doom. The id guys cribbed ideas left and right from Dungeons & Dragons, which they played. So an axe or hammer-wielding warrior with fantasy elements wasn't that strange a concept for Quake.

Quake's engine took too long to sort out, and they had to rush the "creative" side of it toward the end of development. Any truly interesting ideas were stripped out and what we got was more of a tech demo than an actual game... I mean really, who remembers Quake for any of its design i.e. enemies or weapons, like we remember Doom or Duke 3D?

And Daikatana... the game had some great ideas, but execution was flawed. They aimed too high with too green a team at ION Storm. It definitely could have and should have been handled better.
Oh fucking horseshit. John Romero was only ever a fucking level designer for ID. He has no actual game design chops or experience, he's just a fucking level designer who started to believe his own fucking bullshit.

ID is hosed without John Carmack - the success of their games rested entirely on the tech he built them, because sure as shit they've basically been making the same fucking game for 20 years and the upcoming Doom reboot shows they haven't learned a goddamned thing about game design during that time.

Romero is a fucking dreamer who has zero clues about game design. He just wants to remake fucking deathmatch over and over and over again like the rest of ID. The difference is, the rest of ID actually has a modicum of talent, whereas Romero is fucking useless.

News Comments > Beamdog on Siege of Dragonspear Complaints
77. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 8, 2016, 11:31 Wraith

Beamer wrote on Apr 8, 2016, 09:23:

I always find it interesting that "real men" are the ones convinced that anyone else is only nice to people so it will "gain him pussy."
So you're nice to women and men in equal measure in equal ways are you dude?

Horseshit.

It's like you people (yes, you people) can't fathom someone doing something for reasons other than direct personal gain.
Dude, I don't suffer the illusions about self that you clearly do. Men are nice to women because they want pussy.

It's possible to have female friends, but genuine female friends are women you have a mutual respect with - not women you have a secret yearning to fuck.

News Comments > Beamdog on Siege of Dragonspear Complaints
70. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 8, 2016, 09:21 Wraith

Julio wrote on Apr 8, 2016, 05:08:
By "elimination of men", I mean elimination of what men are and what real men are. The SJW focus is about trying to make men weak, powerless, feeling less than equal, not have the ability to single parent their children, and take away their manhood. Sure it will work on the weak-minded males out there including all those coming out of the woodwork on this site, but there are still plenty of us who are real men with spines.
Ain't that the truth. The weak male is the natural ally of the feminist - he has no power of his own and hopes that allying with the feminist cause will gain him
pussy. He is, of course, mistaken.

Indoctrination of the young at "educational" institutions, ownership of the media, and now they're putting their extremist beliefs into games. They'll quote bullshit like "women are paid less than men" when they aren't for the exact (and I mean exact) same job.
I think Milo Yiannopolous is right when he says the upcoming great political conflict is not going to be about left versus right, but about cultural authoritarianism (which, granted is primarily driven by the regressive left) and cultural libertarianism.

News Comments > Valve Loses AU Legal Dispute
5. Re: Valve Loses AU Legal Dispute Mar 29, 2016, 11:10 Wraith

maximus0402 wrote on Mar 29, 2016, 11:06:
Good job Australia. No more steam deals for everyone and you are now going to isolate online streaming game distributors from doing business in Australia.

Yes. Because complying with consumer law just isn't worth the profit you get from distributing digital goods at zero cost.

Corporations like money. Even Valve. They'll play ball.

News Comments > Battleborn Open Beta Next Month; Online Only Requirement Revealed
2. Re: Battleborn Open Beta Next Month; Online Only Requirement Revealed Mar 23, 2016, 10:31 Wraith

Anyone who believes a word that Randy Pitchfork-Tongue says is a moron.

BattleBorn? More like Borderlands: Colonial Marines.

I am salivating at the prospect of this piece of shit crashing and burning. And I'd bet real money the graphics look worse than they did 2 months ago - it's the Pitchfork-Tongue way.

News Comments > Battleborn Support Plans; Open Beta Coming
5. Re: Battleborn Support Plans; Open Beta Coming Mar 19, 2016, 10:43 Wraith

Phaint wrote on Mar 17, 2016, 14:28:
Did you guys even play the game during the last beta test, which you essentially got in if you just signed up? The game is amazingly fun with a unique feel. Play it before you talk shit about how much it sucks
I played the Alpha.

A) It's generic, boring shite

B) Randy Pitchfork-tongue is a lying cunt. I hope Battleborn dies a horrible death.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Patch Tomorrow; Sky Fortress Next Week; DX 12 Eventually
5. Re: Just Cause 3 Patch Tomorrow; Sky Fortress Next Week; DX 12 Eventually Mar 3, 2016, 17:02 Wraith

Okay, so this is how stupid Microsoft are.

Their "Power of DX12" video runs at 30 frames per second.

Way to make DX12 look like a shitty console port MickeyMouseSoft.

Christ, they're incompetent.

News Comments > Gears of War: Ultimate Edition Released for Windows 10
11. Re: Gears of War: Ultimate Edition Released for Windows 10 Mar 2, 2016, 14:02 Wraith

descender wrote on Mar 2, 2016, 11:22:
DX12 doesn't have anything to do with it. It's only "Windows 10 exclusive" because the MS Store is the only way to buy it.
So they'll sell like... 5 copies then.

News Comments > Quantum Break PC Plans; Xbox Players Unhappy
28. Re: Quantum Break PC Plans; Xbox Players Unhappy Feb 12, 2016, 16:00 Wraith

DangerDog wrote on Feb 12, 2016, 15:19:
Microsoft just can't win.
Well, if Google kicking their ass in the web and mobile space is any guide, you're absolutely correct. Microsoft can't win - because their engineering is shit and they treat their customers like serfs.

News Comments > LawBreakers Gameplay Trailer
16. Re: LawBreakers Gameplay Trailer Aug 29, 2015, 09:14 Wraith

Oh look, a class-based FPS. I seem to remember something called Team Fortress which did this nearly twenty fucking years ago.

Mind you, it's what I'd expect from Cliffy wee. The dude has no fucking creativity or understanding of gameplay whatsoever.

It looks FUCKING boring.

News Comments > Boss Key Reveals LawBreakers
25. Re: Boss Key Reveals LawBreakers Aug 27, 2015, 09:24 Wraith

Ye Gods - dismal writing and a lazy voiceover performed by a completely disinterested voice-over artist.

I'm calling it now. This will be hand-made shit.

News Comments > PC Assassin's Creed Syndicate Delayed
17. Re: PC Assassin's Creed Syndicate Delayed Aug 27, 2015, 09:21 Wraith

Seriously, it's Ubisoft. They tell us the same lie every goddamn year - it's cynical bullshit and after the absolute mess that was Unity, you'd have to be a damn fool to bother buying this year's ill-considered, poorly-designed by-the-numbers piece of shit.

For the record I enjoyed Black Flag immensely and thought Rogue was pretty good, but Syndicate was an unmitigated crapfest designed by a committee of idiots who don't know a damn thing about gameplay.

News Comments > Op Ed
32. Re: Op Ed Jul 14, 2015, 15:19 Wraith

On the one hand, I think Star Citizen is lurching towards disaster.

On the other hand, Derek Smart is an unsuccessful pseudo-developer who has no idea what he's talking about and no writing skill to speak of.

So technically I can't lose. Either way, some shithead is going down.

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Announced
5. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Announced Jun 15, 2015, 16:52 Wraith

That's a shit trailer, the tone is completely off.

Just tell me the fuckwit who came up with the three-colour ending isn't part of this.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Patch
4. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patch May 9, 2015, 02:36 Wraith

Creston wrote on May 9, 2015, 02:23:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 8, 2015, 22:44:
I'm thinking all melee, or as much melee as possible for the next playthrough.

I tried that and ran into space issues a LOT. Too many small halls and rooms to fight in.

Anyone have any tips to beating
It's gotten worse since the patch but I came bloody close. Had her down to 1 star and must've been close to taking her out.

A) Wizard Spell: Confusion - this turns her against her own buddies.
B) Wizard Spells: Wall of flame and wall of force. The wall of force will keep hobbling her for a good amount of time and wall of flame will damage her.
C) Wizard Spell: Slicken

Buff like crazy with your priest, then cast time extension on your buffs. The biggest problem is the DR of 28 - You've got to hit hard and so a might-enhancing buff is mandatory.

News Comments > Project CARS Livery Pack Released; AMD Optimizations Coming
29. Re: Project CARS Livery Pack Released; AMD Optimizations Coming May 9, 2015, 02:31 Wraith

jdreyer wrote on May 8, 2015, 22:54:
Wraith wrote on May 8, 2015, 21:10:
Christ. The AMD fanboys here are pathetic.

Developers and IHV's exist in a symbiotic relationship. The hardware is meaningless without popular titles to exploit it. And developer relations is a critical aspect of any IHV's marketing arm.

AMD fucked up. As they usually do. Buggy drivers and poor support has always driven me to avoid their hardware and the AMD fanboys attempting to do damage control are fucking amusing.

I'll tell you exactly what happened. AMD didn't see Project CARS as important. They simply didn't think the developer was important enough for them to spend any time or effort providing support.

Now it's blown up in their face and the product is more popular than their marketing weenies anticipated, they're trying to do damage control, but the plain and simple fact is this: Nvidia came to the party and provided support. AMD didn't as a consequence of their ongoing arrogance and incompetence.

Suck it up, fanboys.

Dude, I have never even owned an ATI/AMD video card, but it seems obvious to me the responsibility in on the devs to reach out and get the attention of the only two discreet GPU makers on the planet. They can't afford to sit around and not follow up for months and months on an unanswered email or whatever. If they've been calling and emailing AMD weekly with no response, then you can blame AMD, but it doesn't sound like that was the case.
Dude, when you're a developer trying to actually ship a game, the last thing you have time for is a recalcitrant hardware vendor who can't be bothered to give you support.

Instead you'll focus on the hardware vendor who:

A) IS giving you support
B) Has majority market share (More than 2:1 at last count)
C) Doesn't treat you with contempt.

AMD broke the performance in their driver, despite having access to the developer code. They didn't care enough to test Project CARS agains their driver - probably because they were spending all their money on hookers and blow. They sure as shit don't put it into the quality of their drivers, that's for damn sure.

Blaming the developer for the idiocy of the IHV is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen. The IHV has a massive amount of resources in comparison to the developer and it is very much incumbent on them to provide developers with all the support they can.

That is, if they actually want to gain some kind of market share - a goal AMD seems to have pretty much given up on.

News Comments > Project CARS Livery Pack Released; AMD Optimizations Coming
25. Re: Project CARS Livery Pack Released; AMD Optimizations Coming May 8, 2015, 21:10 Wraith

Christ. The AMD fanboys here are pathetic.

Developers and IHV's exist in a symbiotic relationship. The hardware is meaningless without popular titles to exploit it. And developer relations is a critical aspect of any IHV's marketing arm.

AMD fucked up. As they usually do. Buggy drivers and poor support has always driven me to avoid their hardware and the AMD fanboys attempting to do damage control are fucking amusing.

I'll tell you exactly what happened. AMD didn't see Project CARS as important. They simply didn't think the developer was important enough for them to spend any time or effort providing support.

Now it's blown up in their face and the product is more popular than their marketing weenies anticipated, they're trying to do damage control, but the plain and simple fact is this: Nvidia came to the party and provided support. AMD didn't as a consequence of their ongoing arrogance and incompetence.

Suck it up, fanboys.

103 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo