Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for jacobvandy

Real Name jacobvandy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jacobvandy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 1, 2011, 00:49
Total Comments 3333 (Veteran)
User ID 56195

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 14, 2016, 13:53 jacobvandy

OH MY GOD A WHITE WOMAN SAID GHETTO, CALL THE POLICE!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 13, 2016, 13:43 jacobvandy

That article doesn't make a very good case... So I guess there've been a few instances where some moron crashes a Mustang into a crowd? Then it becomes the butt of a joke that catches on and is repeated ad nauseum because that's what the internet is for. Doesn't mean it's actually hated, just that people will latch on to anything they can to try and be cool.  

News Comments > Rockstar North Lawsuit
6. Re: Rockstar North Lawsuit Apr 12, 2016, 19:30 jacobvandy

I'm grabbin' mah popcorn, too!

https://twitter.com/BrendanSinclair/status/719927316466561024/photo/1

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 8, 2016, 13:49 jacobvandy

Haven't logged on to Steam lately? Vive and SteamVR officially launched a few days ago, it's plastered all over the client. Seen reviews of the hardware in many of the usual places, too.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 8, 2016, 12:12 jacobvandy

That story reminds me of my buddy getting super excited to find out we were in the same DayZ server as a streamer he liked to watch, lol... He'd spend an entire afternoon stalking them just so he could appear for a few seconds on their stream, usually killing them.  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
4. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 6, 2016, 21:48 jacobvandy

Yeah, I bet it would have made it if it were on Kickstarter. I get where they're coming from, thinking like Valve about the line between PC desktop and living room gaming becoming blurred, but I'm also in the camp of people who already invested heavily into a console version and wouldn't be interested in moving over for a straight port. They would have to offer something completely new if they wanted support from more than newcomers and casual fans who've stuck to whatever comes on the disc.  

News Comments > The Division Incursion Details
3. Re: The Division Incursion Details Apr 6, 2016, 11:53 jacobvandy

Increased costs for converting crafting materials and crafting High-End items:

• 10 Standard (Green) materials instead of 5 to craft 1 Specialized (Blue) material

• 15 Specialized (Blue) materials instead of 5 to craft 1 High-End (Gold) material

• 10 High-End (Gold) materials instead of 8 to craft 1 lvl 31 High-End (Gold) item

• Changed deconstruction yield of Standard (Green) and High-End (Gold) items:

• Deconstructing a Standard (Green) item yields 1 Standard material instead of 2

• Deconstructing a High-End (Gold) item yields 1 High-End material instead of 2

• They didn't just increase the cost of crafting the best items, they're fucking all high-level crafting across the board, hard. As if you didn't already have to craft everything multiple times just to get something usable out of the RNG...

News Comments > The Division Incursion Details
    1. Re: The Division Incursion Details Apr 6, 2016, 11:11 jacobvandy

Crazy stiff crafting nerf in there... Just forcing people to do even more farming.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Wasteland Workshop Next Week
    4. Re: Fallout 4 Wasteland Workshop Next Week Apr 5, 2016, 22:33 jacobvandy

Nucas wrote on Apr 5, 2016, 21:08:
    they focused on big content-addition dlc for their past few games, it's a shame to see them returning to basically horse armor. hopefully this junk is just cash grab filler between real dlc content.

i guess the lively mod life of skyrim has convinced them they can convert those downloads into sales and turn FO4 into a steady income platform of sorts. they're probably right.

What are you talking about? Skyrim and Fallout 3 both had 'horse armor' DLCs along with the bigger ones. Next month they're putting out an expansion they're saying includes the biggest land mass they've ever added to a game. And there's more to come later that they've not talked about yet, but we know they're large enough in scope that they felt it necessary to raise the price of the Season Pass.

News Comments > Overwatch Widowmaker Cinematic
    12. Re: Overwatch Widowmaker Cinematic Apr 4, 2016, 13:49 jacobvandy

KS wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 13:23:
    "We don't want the youths of today learning the bad things of the past -- the only skin we want the modern young man seeing is the 'skin' on the surface of burst organs!"

You say this jokingly, but it is a rather stark realization to make: what if we're going full circle, and the blowback against "sexism" and "sexualization" eventually results in stuff like Victorian dresses and swimsuits that show nothing but bare hands and feet become the norm again... Then of course the same type of people push back against that "oppression" and we're back to bikinis another few decades later?

News Comments > Diablo III Season 6 Next Month
    12. Re: Diablo III Season 6 Next Month Apr 2, 2016, 05:39 jacobvandy

Three months is a pretty good length, IMO. They've done 5 months, 2 months, then 4 months a couple times, and it was either too long or too short in between.  

News Comments > Fool Me Once 2016
    14. Re: Fool Me Once 2016 Apr 1, 2016, 21:32 jacobvandy

Oh, wow, it actually blocked replies? I only glanced over the article and thought it was just appending a meme at the end of the email.  

News Comments > DOOM Cinematic
    7. Re: DOOM Cinematic Apr 1, 2016, 02:27 jacobvandy

Task wrote on Mar 31, 2016, 22:21:
    They still kept that generic front cover for the game... Do FPS gamers today just see a generic soldier and think, "Wow, so bad ass!" They should have had the demon horde attacking the Doom Guy as the main cover, at least that shows what the game is roughly about.

What's most annoying is that these big publishers basically acknowledge highly-researched and market-tested generic covers are shit by including an alternate on the reverse side of the insert. They had a poll at the beginning of the month to choose the one for DOOM, and the winner was exactly what you describe: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cc9bXhmVAAAATsR.jpg:large

That's one of the nice things about going all-digital on PC, though; I don't give a damn what the cover art looks like.

News Comments > The Division DLC Next Month
    2. Re: The Division DLC Next Month Mar 31, 2016, 21:27 jacobvandy

Presuming they keep the difficulty ratings uniform, you'll be able to solo this on Hard without any problem.  

News Comments > Rocket League Hoops Mode Next Month
    3. Re: Rocket League Hoops Mode Next Month Mar 30, 2016, 19:06 jacobvandy

I'm really looking forward to this! Hopefully they don't exclude it from custom matches at first like they did with hockey.  

News Comments > Evening Patches
    1. Re: Evening Patches Mar 28, 2016, 23:41 jacobvandy

I've been playing 7 Days to Die the past couple days, it just got a major update (Alpha 14) and it is leaps and bounds more engaging than it used to be. Two days later and there's a hotfix for some of the bugs that made it through, which surprisingly aren't that numerous for such a big update. The patch notes were dozens of pages long.  

News Comments > DayZ DirectX 11 Improvements Shown
    26. Re: DayZ DirectX 11 Improvements Shown Mar 27, 2016, 03:34 jacobvandy

Kxmode wrote on Mar 26, 2016, 20:29:
    Why are the before videos in black and white and the after in color? Is DAYZ a black and white game?

It's how they handle lighting in the day/night cycle. When there's only moonlight, there is little to no color shown. Sometimes it's near pitch-black, and people often activate what we like to call "gamma goggles." Cranking up the gamma allows you to see better at night by magnifying the faintest sources of light, and you'll see everything in black and white because doing so also screws with the contrast.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
    13. Re: Saturday Metaverse Mar 27, 2016, 03:28 jacobvandy

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 26, 2016, 17:29:
    the job of a library is not to reduce it's contents, in fact this is EXACTLY the reason I do not use netflix. I want to have movies in my Kodi library unchanging and forever.

I can google the list, too, to see that they're adding about as many as they're taking away, including Clockwork Orange, Princess Bride, Shawshank Redemption, Scrooged, and V for Vendetta. Like I said, there is a certain amount of revolving door-ness. Of course, one month's changes doesn't tell the whole story, just like that pointless article.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
    5. Re: Saturday Metaverse Mar 26, 2016, 15:03 jacobvandy

I still only pay $7.99 a month for Netflix, and we use it a lot around here... I would gladly pay $19.99 if that enabled them to license more and better content, without having to play that shuffle game where they alternate which high-profile content they have available at any one time. They're doing pretty well with their original stuff, but that's not why I subscribe.

As for the topic of the article, you can't just look at it in plain numbers. A huge amount of the titles on there are independent and straight-to-DVD crap, which they probably get a couple hundred of for the same price as a popular TV show or blockbuster film from the past 10 years. If nobody's watching them and they get pulled by the dozens, nobody cares, and it's no reason to panic.

News Comments > Atari Vault Opened
    7. Re: Atari Vault Opened Mar 25, 2016, 13:26 jacobvandy

sauron wrote on Mar 25, 2016, 11:25:
    The Half Elf wrote on Mar 25, 2016, 10:46:
    considering the metric ton's of quarters I gave Atari during the 80's they should give me a copy.

LOL, same here. Looks fun, but missing a lot of the arcade classics I used to enjoy so much. I guess those IP don't belong to Atari.

So no Defender, Scramble, Galaxians, Galaga, Dig-Dug or Pac-Man, or variants thereof. And no Space Invaders.

Ooh, but it does have Red Baron, so yay! Although no Battlezone, so boo!

Most of those are from Namco, not Atari. They have their own series of compilation games called Namco Museum, which they've been churning out since the first PlayStation.

3333 Comments. 167 pages. Viewing page 5.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo