Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for jacobvandy

Real Name jacobvandy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jacobvandy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 1, 2011, 00:49
Total Comments 3899 (Veteran)
User ID 56195

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 9, 2018, 13:22 jacobvandy

But if Amazon ships their own stuff, who else can they blame when your shit is late or lost?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Capcom Cuts Staff, Game, and Dead Rising Scope?
3. Re: Capcom Cuts Staff, Game, and Dead Rising Scope? Feb 6, 2018, 14:38 jacobvandy

I admit I'm not an OG fan of Dead Rising, had a hard time getting into 2 when I tried it, but I did enjoy 3 when I finally got around to playing that a couple months ago. Everyone says 4 is the worst thing ever, but considering a lot of that is probably just sour grapes I'll pick it up when it gets down to $10 or so on sale.  

News Comments > Dying Light to Celebrate Anniversary with Free Content
3. Re: Dying Light to Celebrate Anniversary with Free Content Feb 5, 2018, 23:47 jacobvandy

Lol, apparently they have a new game coming out soon, but there's been so little coverage of it that it's not even listed on their Wikipedia page: https://gematsu.com/2017/08/techland-announces-gods-trigger-ps4-xbox-one-pc

Looks like some low budget filler to make some money while they continue working on Dying Light 2 or Hellraid or whatever. Or it's just the next thing they're publishing and that's not made very clear.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Feb 4, 2018, 20:04 jacobvandy

Just mind your own business and don't actively seek out combat, you'll fairly effortlessly make it to the top 25 more often than not. Can't tell you how many times the least-skilled member of our group has lasted the longest because he's off in some shack somewhere trying to figure out the controls or deciding which attachment for weapons he doesn't even have he should hold on to, while the rest of us are looking for action and finding too much, lol.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10 9
11. Re: Steam Top <strike>10</strike> 9 Feb 4, 2018, 19:28 jacobvandy

For most games you see titled in all caps, it's because that's how the Japanese have always done it when they translate shit to English. Everyone else is just trying to stand out.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 2, 2018, 12:41 jacobvandy

Well, we had a taste of 40-degree highs in December (sandwiching a week-long heatwave of 70+ while y'alls snowstorms were raging), but as of mid-January I think CA is already in springtime. Mid-60s this week and 70s next...  

News Comments > Valve's Cliffe Arrested; Suspended
19. Re: Valve's Cliffe Arrested; Suspended Feb 2, 2018, 12:20 jacobvandy

VaranDragon wrote on Feb 2, 2018, 12:06:
but I find that "innocent until proven guilty" is just a load of bullshit when it comes to real life.

True, it hasn't meant a whole lot since social media came about and the whole world started listening to and making decisions by a handful of often anonymous dumbasses and their phony outrage. Nowadays any baseless accusation can ruin a person.

News Comments > Attack on Titan 2 Preorders and Trailer
3. Re: Attack on Titan 2 Preorders and Trailer Feb 1, 2018, 14:29 jacobvandy

If it's anything like the Musou/Warriors games Koei Tecmo makes, they're hack and slash action games, not JRPGs, so by comparison there really isn't much story or dialogue in them at all. It's supposed to tie in with the second season of the anime, so I presume it'll have some, but there won't be literally hours of cutscenes throughout a super long campaign. It's more like some brief set-up for each combat scenario, and then most of the gameplay time is spent outside of story mode anyway, on various other standalone scenarios. Probably will still be some repetitive battle cries, though. :p  

News Comments > Time Warner Financials
3. Re: Time Warner Financials Feb 1, 2018, 13:45 jacobvandy

Download the WB Cinema app and if enough people pay a $2 fee when prompted the projectionist will play an EXCLUSIVE post-credits scene!  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 31, 2018, 18:13 jacobvandy

Yep, coins so they can jump into and swim around in their $7.1b+ cash reserves like Scrooge McDuck.  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jan 31, 2018, 01:38 jacobvandy

That Humble Rockstar Bundle is a disgustingly good deal if somehow someone didn't have most or all of those games already.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Free Weekend
26. Re: Fallout 4 Free Weekend Jan 30, 2018, 20:00 jacobvandy

I think we need to be prepared for another 7-8 year gap between FO4 and FO5, at least... We know Bethesda Game Studios is working on a new IP which is coming before TES VI does, so even assuming they don't have another new thing coming after that, Fallout is third in line for releases from a studio that puts something out once every 3-5 years.

With that said, I'd be surprised if we don't get another side project or spin-off from a different developer in the meantime. Regardless of anyone's opinion of the games' quality, Fallout is now a top tier AAA franchise and there's no doubt they're looking to capitalize on that more.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Free Weekend
2. Re: Fallout 4 Free Weekend Jan 30, 2018, 12:06 jacobvandy

You want the Armorsmith Extended mod, it fixes up just about everything to do with armor and opens up a lot more customization. It's pretty OP if you stack as much as you can with ballistic weave in every piece, but it is nice to be able to make any outfit you want at least usable for playing in.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 29, 2018, 14:44 jacobvandy

If they can figure out a way to make a Keurig machine for soda that isn't stupid expensive, I might want one. Otherwise, who owns what doesn't affect people much. AFAIK Dr. Pepper and 7-Up and whatever else is under that umbrella are already licensed out to be distributed by either Coke or Pepsi in most places.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed: Origins Game+ Mode Coming
9. Re: Assassin's Creed: Origins Game+ Mode Coming Jan 29, 2018, 14:32 jacobvandy

The number doesn't mean anything, you continue earning skill points at each subsequent "level-up" and once you fill out the entire skill tree you're left with three nodes for ranged/melee/ability damage that can each be raised indefinitely. There is no limit to how strong you can become through grinding or spending real money (which we all know is the reason why it's uncapped).  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed: Origins Game+ Mode Coming
5. Re: Assassin's Creed: Origins Game+ Mode Coming Jan 29, 2018, 12:44 jacobvandy

Their leveling system doesn't have a cap, though, and they already created a setting that makes all enemies scale to you. One way to try to cure a boring endgame is to just let you repeat the story and location checklist again.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 28, 2018, 18:06 jacobvandy

I'm 35 hours in so far and it's really opening up. Past the "naked and afraid" stage, the story exposition, the first couple levels of technology advancement... I just parked my mobile home-away-from-home 850m down in a big-ass cave so I can really explore it without having to make such long trips back to drop off loot and resupply. Though I had to kill a pretty big monster to get some peace and quiet, first...

The ocean world concept is brilliant for a survival game because it makes it very obvious where is safe and where is not, beginning with your access to oxygen. Land is rare but pretty much a paradise, shallows are well lit with plentiful food and other basic supplies, while you gotta deal with the darkness and increasingly more dangerous wildlife that dwell deeper in order to find more advanced resources/tech and progress the story. Then if you're venturing away from the surface at all, you need a source of breathable air, which means keeping your undersea habitat(s) and/or vehicles in good shape and powered up as you range ever further from where you started.

Yes, it's rough around the edges, the controls and menus are pretty wonky and there are a lot of minor bugs I've been reporting, but that's never stopped me from enjoying a great game before. Every single game that exists really should have this handy-dandy feedback tool, though. You press F8 and it pauses the game, takes a screenshot, prompts you for a brief description and general category, then you submit it by clicking on one of four emotes ranging from green and smiling to red and pissed off.

News Comments > Diablo III Season 12 Ends Soon
2. Re: Diablo III Season 12 Ends Soon Jan 28, 2018, 00:39 jacobvandy

Yeah... As someone who kept up with earning Infernal or Gold portrait frames every season for the first 7 or 8 seasons, even I don't really care anymore. They're still giving away the same fucking armor skins they have from the start, at two pieces per season it's all been repeated FOUR TIMES now. Totally "exclusive!"  

News Comments > PUBG Known Issues
11. Re: PUBG Known Issues Jan 28, 2018, 00:31 jacobvandy

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 27, 2018, 23:54:
VaranDragon wrote on Jan 27, 2018, 17:33:
A friend of mine gifted me this game today.

While we too often criticize, another way games have become better... Gifting.

Huh? I could've sworn people have been buying games for other people for as long as the medium has existed, lol.

News Comments > Celeste Released
1. Re: Celeste Released Jan 26, 2018, 15:44 jacobvandy

I'm not a fan of the super low-res pixel art, but it's supposed to be a really great 2D platformer.  

3899 Comments. 195 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo