Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for jacobvandy

Real Name jacobvandy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jacobvandy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 1, 2011, 00:49
Total Comments 3413 (Veteran)
User ID 56195

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 17, 2016, 19:54 jacobvandy

So Hulkster will be getting paid after all! Good for him.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 17, 2016, 19:51 jacobvandy

Yup, if you can't break the glass, you have to wait until the car fills up with water before the door will open. Thanks Mythbusters!  

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Sequel Plans?
12. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Sequel Plans? Aug 14, 2016, 17:19 jacobvandy

Jerykk wrote on Aug 14, 2016, 15:29:
If they do make a sequel, it will probably be a 2D, isometric affair (which I'm perfectly fine with). I don't think Paradox has the money to make a 3D, FPS RPG hybrid.

Lol, well aside from the fact that there are a myriad of top-tier 3D game engines available these days for free or next to no cost that enable ragtag garage outfits or even solo devs to make something that rivals the technical aspects of the original Bloodlines... Paradox is rolling in dough after the success of Stellaris this summer. It grossed upwards of $20m in its first month alone, and who knows how much since then. Plus if they need more, I'm sure they could raise millions in crowdfunding.

If they make a 2D/isometric VtM game, it will be by choice. Nothing is stopping them from doing a 3D FPS/RPG.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
5. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 13, 2016, 13:50 jacobvandy

Ozmodan wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 01:21:
What kind of idiot does a study like that? And people wonder why there are so many fruitcakes in academia.

Many of these "a new study shows" stories are simply making shit up, and there wasn't actually a study. Hard to believe, I know.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 9, 2016, 16:55 jacobvandy

jdreyer wrote on Aug 9, 2016, 15:00:
Your 'intimate personal massager' – cough – is spying on you

a U-shaped vibrator that can be controlled via Bluetooth using a remote control or a smartphone app.

Y'know, I'm kinda thinking that Bluetooth for a vibrator is probably unnecessary. Aren't your hands already predisposed?

The person on the other end of the Bluetooth is generally not the one wearing the device. It's not about convenience, it's about being remote-controlled. Probably not in private, either.

News Comments > Rocket League Adding Rumble Mode
7. Re: Rocket League Adding Rumble Mode Aug 8, 2016, 14:59 jacobvandy

You misinfer, I think the new mode looks awesome and I'm looking forward to playing it with friends. Don't know what hockey or hoops have to do with it, either. I have not played Strikers, which is why I didn't comment on that.

I said it's not going to be a MK Battle mode, because after the novelty of "hurr durr, taste my boot/glove/plunger!" wears thin, the power ups will be used tactically as they're meant to be, in the aid of scoring points. Just like when new players dog pile the ball in a corner of the arena, so eager to push it around and contest opponents' control that they don't realize they're not really accomplishing anything. Over time you start to see the bigger picture and don't bother wasting time on that kind of nonsense.

News Comments > Rocket League Adding Rumble Mode
5. Re: Rocket League Adding Rumble Mode Aug 8, 2016, 14:22 jacobvandy

Eh, there are a few things that affect your opponents, but going by that list it's mostly ways to manipulate the ball. They'll open up a lot of new crazy strategies for both offense and defense, and it'll be fun figuring them out and learning to use them effectively, but I don't see it becoming that much of a Mario Kart battle mode. It's still a game about scoring goals, so if you're spending all your time harassing the other cars, you're probably not helping with that very much.  

News Comments > Xbox One Controller Windows Issues
31. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 8, 2016, 02:51 jacobvandy

Slick wrote on Aug 8, 2016, 02:21:
Who isn't using the DS4 controller for everything controller-related? It's my fav by far, works with bluetooth just fine. Some games you have to run input mapper, no setup required, just run the app and go.

Although maybe that's too much work for some people on here *BOOM* SICK BURN

Dualshock has always been too stubby for me, far less comfortable than an Xbox controller, though they may have finally improved on that with the latest version (I've still not upgraded to a PS4 yet, so I dunno). Plus I've never been a fan of reaching down for the left thumbstick... That design made at least a little sense when a lot of games still used the D-pad for movement or other primary functions, but the placements should have been swapped when that was no longer the case. It's just plain dumb stubbornness for it to still be that way today.

Those are the main reasons I've never even considered hooking one up to my PC... Otherwise, I think R1/L1 are better than Xbox bumpers, but R2/L2 are pretty shitty triggers by comparison (another thing which might be different now, but the legacy still plays into my disinterest). The Xbone controller improved in the areas it needed to over the 360's - hat switch garbage gone, no more protruding battery pack with a spring-loaded button that comes loose over time, better grip on the sticks - so I'm pretty satisfied with it. The fact that it works seamlessly with most games without the need for third-party utilities is just a bonus.

News Comments > Valve Combating Cheating
7. Re: Valve Combating Cheating Aug 6, 2016, 17:53 jacobvandy

I've seen loads of comments about this story from people bitching that it might impact them gifting games to their friends. Because if you gift a game to someone and they're banned for cheating while playing it, you are then barred from gifting that game to anyone else. But I figure... Maybe you should get better friends if you think that will be a problem for you.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 5, 2016, 17:35 jacobvandy

Rekt. He'd have to sell a medal to cover that.  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
6. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 3, 2016, 17:42 jacobvandy

Yes, Exanima is the name of the game on Steam. Backers have had keys for more than a year, or it costs $15. Last I checked that was an early preview demo, though; I'm not sure how much they've added to it or if owning that entitles you to the full game once it's finished.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 3, 2016, 03:21 jacobvandy

Meh, doesn't matter if they get one, that's not the reason Valve has for shutting them down. They aren't allowed to use Steam accounts or the API for their operations, and the gambling can't exist without a way to exchange the "chips."  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 2, 2016, 14:19 jacobvandy

descender wrote on Aug 2, 2016, 14:05:
It does seem a little absurd that "sex offenders" interested in abduction would be attracted to what are now highly visible public places full of people almost guaranteed to be carrying a GPS tracking device and a camera.

I know that these aren't stable people, but that would be a pretty bad plan.

We've all seen the mob videos, but that only happens in places like NYC. The rest of that state, and most of the country, is host to far more sparse activity. Even if a kid has a friend or two with them, they're easy prey for a motivated creep.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 2, 2016, 14:01 jacobvandy

They have a point. It's in the developer's best interest to accommodate such requests, too, unless they want to invite even more serious blowback. You get a story of a kid being abducted and/or raped by a pedo who used this game to find them, and people will be up in arms...  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 1, 2016, 21:19 jacobvandy

Got an email from Newegg today about the GTX 970 class action settlement... They said to standby for claim submissions, but according to reports it looks like I could get a cool $30 or so for being an early adopter.  

News Comments > Fireforge Games Bankruptcy
6. Re: Fireforge Games Bankruptcy Aug 1, 2016, 20:00 jacobvandy

Angrius Maximis wrote on Aug 1, 2016, 18:52:
Everything about the new Ghostbusters movie is total FAIL

Hey, I just found out they brought back the Ecto Cooler flavor of Hi-C for the occasion, so that's something! I ordered a case of it (in color-changing cans) from Amazon earlier.

News Comments > Marvel Ultimate Alliances PC Fixes Coming
13. Re: Marvel Ultimate Alliances PC Fixes Coming Jul 31, 2016, 16:50 jacobvandy

Kajetan wrote on Jul 31, 2016, 10:52:
Avus wrote on Jul 31, 2016, 04:44:
Download this fix now... it is called Marvel Heroes 2016... Lots of enhancement and it is free!!
https://marvelheroes.com/
An online MP-only F2P game? No, thank you!

It's a proper ARPG from the original creator of Diablo... Every single one of the nearly 60 heroes* available now is their own unique class. And though the free-roam areas are multiplayer with 15-20 people, the vast majority of the story and end-game content (replayable dungeons, raids, etc.) are private instances. There's no point in wasting time on that console trash MUA if you're looking for a Marvel ARPG.

*They recently added Ultron, which has caused some stir with the fanboys who take offense at him co-operating with the good guys.

News Comments > Marvel Ultimate Alliances PC Fixes Coming
5. Re: Marvel Ultimate Alliances PC Fixes Coming Jul 30, 2016, 14:11 jacobvandy

Yeah, you know it's bad when the licensor has to step in and tell the incompetent publisher to get their shit together...  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 28, 2016, 14:21 jacobvandy

I got a notification of a PM from the FireFall forums yesterday, of all places... Apparently Mark Kern is attempting to crowd fund and re-make the game according to his "original vision," which they're now calling Ember: http://forums.emberthegame.com/

My interest is piqued, considering the abortion we ended up with before. But I'm not holding my breath, nor dumping a couple hundred bucks into it like I did FF.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Saga—Living World Season 3 Begins
3. Re: Guild Wars 2 Saga—Living World Season 3 Begins Jul 27, 2016, 16:01 jacobvandy

Yeah, and their servers were completely smashed. I bought the expansion last week when it went on sale, so I've been playing through that, but I couldn't even login for most of the day yesterday... I mean, I'm not surprised, for a lot of people LWS3 is the first new PVE content in 9 months. I'm looking forward to seeing the new Bloodstone Fen.  

3413 Comments. 171 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo