Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Bend, OR 04/29

Regularly scheduled events

User information for jacobvandy

Real Name jacobvandy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jacobvandy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 1, 2011, 00:49
Total Comments 3586 (Veteran)
User ID 56195

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti Confirmed?
8. Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti Confirmed? Feb 19, 2017, 15:26 jacobvandy

WTF, so they're changing the numbering scheme again? Why no 1100s?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
1. Re: Sunday Consolidation Feb 19, 2017, 14:59 jacobvandy

That guy is such a dope, lol. How do you not know something is fishy when you buy an unreleased console second-hand? You keep it quiet and pass that hot potato on to the next schlep as fast as you possibly can, but no...

First he tried to scalp it on Reddit, then either thought better of it or decided he'd rather be internet famous instead and made the videos (all with the same username, btw). He lied about it being an accidental early shipment of a legit pre-order, but Nintendo knew the truth and was already cracking down on the thieves. They found him and put the fear of Reggie into him, so they're taking back the hardware and he'd have to go to small claims court with whoever he bought it from if he wants his money back. He'll be lucky if they can't prove he knew or should have known he was buying stolen goods.

There's only two weeks left, man... Why take the risk?

News Comments > Over 20 Million Terrarians
7. Re: Over 20 Million Terrarians Feb 18, 2017, 21:07 jacobvandy

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 20:01:
I think nearly everyone on Steam has this by now. I've started it a bunch of times, but never 'finished' it. Half the time, they patch it so much they wipe my old saves.

It's been a while since there was a patch that major. I have worlds from 3+ years ago that still work, though they don't have all the new features.

News Comments > Saturday Patches
1. Re: Saturday Patches Feb 18, 2017, 20:56 jacobvandy

Updated PTR notes for Diablo 3 say they backed off on having the new Primal Ancient Legendaries have even higher stats than are currently available... Instead they will have guaranteed perfect rolls and will not drop until you have cleared GR 70 solo: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20529333/patch-250-ptr-notes-2-14-2017  

News Comments > Over 20 Million Terrarians
4. Re: Over 20 Million Terrarians Feb 18, 2017, 19:54 jacobvandy

Oh yeah, the game has grown to be 3-5x the size it was when it first came out, and all for free. Almost makes you feel bad, considering the original price was still only $10 and after the first year it's routinely been on sale for a couple bucks, if not less through whatever bundle offer... I'm buying the next one as soon as it's possible, which is gonna be this year, last I saw.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
8. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 18, 2017, 13:41 jacobvandy

That's true, modern corporate America has zero sense of humor. That's how Gilbert Gottfried lost his Aflac gig... Just another example of how they'll hire you for your pop culture influence (funny voice, etc.) while being completely oblivious to your actual personality. Gilbert is a FILTHY fucking comedian, lol, the tweets that did him in were child's play.

It is interesting though to see this battle play out now, between traditional media and a grassroots celebrity followed almost entirely by people who watch and read none of that shit.

News Comments > Evening Previews
2. Re: Evening Previews Feb 18, 2017, 13:27 jacobvandy

Unfortunately for you, and others with the same pet peeve, 'clip' meaning simply any thing that holds bullets has long since become common usage and can even be seen in some dictionary entries. There's no coming back from that, not in our lifetime anyway.  

News Comments > theHunter- Call of the Wild Early Access
4. Re: theHunter- Call of the Wild Early Access Feb 17, 2017, 20:42 jacobvandy

bigspender wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 17:27:
I love to shoot helpless animals. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAWWWW. It makes me feel like a man despite my micro penis when I use a gun that someone way smarter than me made.

Yep, 'cause mankind never killed animals until rich dorks decided to shoot them with guns for entertainment. Rolleyes

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 17, 2017, 16:14 jacobvandy

Set up for what? They never took away anyone's unlimited plan before, lots of people were grandfathered in for years when it wasn't available to new customers. But even if they would do that, it's not like you're stuck in the same contract forever.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Transfers Ending
9. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Transfers Ending Feb 17, 2017, 16:09 jacobvandy

Creston wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 10:29:
time is running out as this will no longer be possible as of March 6th, 2017

Why, exactly? That's just bullshit.

I dunno, maybe because it's a pretty generous favor they've done for their customers, and after more than two years they figure anyone who hasn't made use of it yet probably never will?

They stopped supporting the last-gen versions in 2015, since then there has been no more GTA Online content and no more patches beyond a single small one for PS3 "to support changes in server architecture." They say it's because they reached the limit of what they could do on the old hardware, but it'd be perfectly reasonable IMO if they were just cutting costs. And that's what the end of the transfer offer is. I'm honestly surprised they've kept the last-gen multiplayer servers online this long...

News Comments > Smedley Opens New Amazon Games Studio
3. Re: Smedley Opens New Amazon Games Studio Feb 15, 2017, 20:54 jacobvandy

Lmfao, "bucking trends" in the next breath following mention of H1Z1...  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 14, 2017, 11:32 jacobvandy

All the more reason to hurry up with those thin, flexible, practically disposable digital displays that will replace paper... Then Playboy can stop struggling to keep the magazine alive and just use it to further their web content distribution.  

News Comments > For Honor Beta Concludes Today
28. Re: For Honor Beta Concludes Today Feb 13, 2017, 21:27 jacobvandy

No I hadn't, but that doesn't seem to be a game that you actually play... Surely you see the difference between [very roughly] animating toy soldiers you spend hardly any time watching up close and what they had to do for Chivalry?  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 13, 2017, 21:19 jacobvandy

What a dumb article... Title implies it's some big story about them keeping secrets (shocker!) or canceling some kind of behind the scenes documentary, but it's just ONE little tidbit of Valve trivia: a month before Half-Life was finished, their code database shit the bed and they lost all versions previous to that.

As if there is some reason why we would ever see any or all of the unfinished code for the game to begin with. I am disappointed in Gamasutra, they used to be better than this.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 13, 2017, 15:31 jacobvandy

Or just buy your own equipment! You can spend a couple hundred bucks on a quality modem and router or combo and it'll pay for itself in less than two years, then start saving you $10 every month after that. It's been 4 years now on my current modem and nearly 5 on the router, combined they cost the same as renting equipment for 14 months... And there's no remote reprogramming bullshit to deal with.

Side note: I'm actually considering upgrading to a gigabit router, since the service I get here clocks higher than 100Mb/s even though I only signed up for 80. It's surprising because Comcast was so shitty where I lived a couple years ago, having me pay the same amount of money for less than half the speed.

25. Re: On Sale Feb 13, 2017, 11:45 jacobvandy

Numinar wrote on Feb 13, 2017, 07:20:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 12, 2017, 17:57:
rawbelly wrote on Feb 12, 2017, 17:25:
Wanted the combat to feel like Chivalry.

Why would the Chivalry developers include this screenshot on the Steam store page showing terrible hand placement? It looks bad. Like amateurish bad.

Sounds a little pedantic. Do any games get this kind of thing right? And also support 64 player online melee? I hazard to guess that most compromises would be due to having to animate and model something that works in first person and for external observers/opponents.

More than a little, it has zero effect on gameplay and did nothing to deter millions of people from buying it (before it even released on consoles). It's a side effect of reconciling unhindered first-person movements with the third-person models, without making it look even weirder by anchoring the hand to the proper position and having the arm stretch back and forth like taffy.

Sure, indie devs could be called amateurs for not having an 8-figure budget for their art department, but take three guesses at how many fucks they give...

6. Re: For Honor Beta Concludes Today Feb 12, 2017, 13:49 jacobvandy

You can call it whatever you want, but what that really is is narrow-minded. Why play a game like this on a console when it's available for PC with better graphics and performance? Choosing to limit yourself to certain genres is even worse than sticking to one console where that decision is made for you... I respect myself as a gamer too much to do that out of some misplaced sense of platform pride. IMO, you're somewhat ironically dis-respecting the PC with such flippant dismissal of one of its greatest strengths.

(I haven't even played For Honor, don't really have an interest at this point, but that goes for all '3rd person gamepad action thingies.')

News Comments > Steam Greenlight Giving Way to Steam Direct
21. Re: Steam Greenlight Giving Way to Steam Direct Feb 10, 2017, 16:31 jacobvandy

If a game you bought doesn't pass a "basic quality test," then you can refund it immediately. That's what it's for.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 10, 2017, 11:44 jacobvandy

Agent-Zero wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 11:42:
VaranDragon wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 11:24:
How the hell are the elites going to just stand by and let this tech ruin the shit they got going on right now?

Like descender said, true AI will mean the end of Capitalism as we know it. That shit will not go down easy.

they are way too stupid to conceptualize the possibility of lost sales and growth, because they will be way too busy cracking open champagne over saving operating costs and reducing paychecks

Not elite enough.

News Comments > South Park: The Fractured But Whole and Steep DLC Delays
8. Re: South Park: The Fractured But Whole and Steep DLC Delays Feb 10, 2017, 01:01 jacobvandy

Yep, it even says it right there in the quoted blurb, Ubisoft SF...  

3586 Comments. 180 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo