Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for jacobvandy

Real Name jacobvandy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jacobvandy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 1, 2011, 00:49
Total Comments 3897 (Veteran)
User ID 56195

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 10, 2018, 00:56 jacobvandy

That Smash Bros. reveal at the end of the Direct yesterday was pretty epic. Seeing something like that live with hundreds of thousands of other people, sensing everyone's disappointment at yet another Splatoon segment, then realizing we'd all been trolled when the SSB logo appears out of nowhere... Reading about the announcement or watching that video clip after the fact just doesn't compare. It's gonna be another great year for the Switch!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Final Beta
8. Re: Sea of Thieves Final Beta Mar 9, 2018, 16:30 jacobvandy

Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 9, 2018, 15:06:
Seriously, that's my only reason. Some people get all emotional about Rare, but I honestly can't remember the last time they put out a game I gave a crap about. Goldenye 007? I mean, early 90s?

N64-era was their golden age, for sure, but the main reason not to give a shit is that they're "Rare" in name only anymore, since core devs split off to form their own studio(s) shortly after Microsoft bought them out. Then a few years after that, even the company founders jumped ship... So they really have not been relevant for more than a decade, and the only credence they get is the nostalgia from ignorant folk who are unaware these aren't the same people who did things like Goldeneye and Donkey Kong Country.

News Comments > The Division 2 Revealed
11. Re: The Division 2 Revealed Mar 8, 2018, 13:52 jacobvandy

More stuff to do is always welcome, but I actually liked the desolate atmosphere of the world. So I don't agree that packing the explorable area full of enemies or whatever like a generic MMO is the way to go.  

News Comments > James Harden Outs Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII?
7. Re: James Harden Outs Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII? Mar 7, 2018, 13:03 jacobvandy

If it is true, that's not "being outed," that's intentional viral marketing. Someone gave him that hat and most likely paid him to wear it. Obviously you don't do that if you're trying to keep the product branded on the hat a secret.  

News Comments > Rocket League DC Super Heroes DLC Pack Released
1. Re: Rocket League DC Super Heroes DLC Pack Released Mar 6, 2018, 12:20 jacobvandy

So there are 3 Batmobiles now. Neat?  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 5, 2018, 11:41 jacobvandy

KCD has the best horseback riding of any RPG I've ever played. It's so much fun galloping through a forest, I don't even care there's no loot in it.  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Mar 4, 2018, 12:05 jacobvandy

Totally worth it, way better game than the first.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 2, 2018, 11:18 jacobvandy

People are retarded, not every random thing posted on twitter is a fucking teaser... Blizzard actually has tons of merchandise for their various franchises, so in this context a Diablo night light is most likely just that, a $20 tchotchke that is either available now or will be soon. All this type of "OMG it's a light SWITCH, get it??? Port confirmed!!1" started out as jokes a year ago, but now it makes me cringe because within minutes a tweet like this is circulated like some kind of announcement.

Edit: The Diablo night light was Blizz-con 2012 swag, they also made a Tyrael one.

This comment was edited on Mar 2, 2018, 11:33.

News Comments > The Division Celebrates 20M Players
5. Re: The Division Celebrates 20M Players Mar 2, 2018, 01:42 jacobvandy

Yep, great atmosphere and solid shooting, but the loot and content were sorely lacking. I would check out a sequel if they learned from their mistakes, but I was done with this game ages ago.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Feb 28, 2018, 17:24 jacobvandy

The funny part is this game is by far one of the friendliest in terms of role-playing a god-fearing, lawful good type of character. All stealing is heavily discouraged (that includes looting the dead) and you can avoid violence almost all of the time if you're persuasive/learned/respected enough. If it does come to that, enemies often turn tail and run away or drop their weapons and surrender rather than die and you can do the same, so you really are not forced to kill... It even goes so far as to give you a dialogue choice whenever you have the opportunity to engage in drinking, brawling, lewd activities, or whatever, so any debauchery has to be explicitly opted into.

If that's still not good enough for people with such "moral objections," well, maybe stick to E-rated stuff.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2018, 12:57 jacobvandy

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 28, 2018, 11:26:
Yeah, the amazing thing is there are dozens (hundreds?) of sites around the country dealing with nuclear waste problems. Either from government weapon programs or just from nuclear power plants. It is amazing how little press it gets. I saw something recently about issues in Nevada where they did the underground testing.

It is a serious problem which doesn't seem to be and probably won't be getting any better any time soon. We probably should already have several Chernobyl like zones which have been permanently evacuated.

Journalism is dead. Ever wondered why giant industrial conglomerates with no products to sell to viewers still advertise their brand all over news networks? It's purely to keep their dirty laundry from being aired for all to see. It's a massive conflict of interest that should be illegal.

News Comments > Defiance 2050 Announced
5. Re: Defiance 2050 Announced Feb 28, 2018, 12:48 jacobvandy

Nucas wrote on Feb 28, 2018, 11:15:
i always meant to give this a try but i was still really loving the secret world at the time.

i'm kind of surprised to hear the tie-in show was good; the last syfy channel video game production i remember watching was the red faction guerrilla tie in which was.. uh.. well, it was..

Probably because it was the other way around with this one, they had the original series and a tie-in game. Never watched the show but I am always interested in an MMO shooter, hopefully they can do better with this re-release.

News Comments > H1Z1 Launches With New Auto Royale Mode
2. Re: H1Z1 Launches With New Auto Royale Mode Feb 28, 2018, 12:02 jacobvandy

Darks wrote on Feb 28, 2018, 10:42:
Another bullshit wannabe copy cat. The madness never ends!

This is a new mode for the battle royale game that released 6 months before PUBG... Madness is not doing a simple google search before you talk shit. I don't even like H1Z1, and they probably are borrowing features popularized by other games, but they do have some standing as being among the pioneers of this genre boom.

News Comments > PC CHRONO TRIGGER Released
4. Re: PC CHRONO TRIGGER Released Feb 28, 2018, 00:14 jacobvandy

I'd rather play the original on my SNES Mini. Though I do wonder why this isn't on Switch... Even if it's less than stellar they'd be all over it there.  

News Comments > Morning Previews
3. Re: Morning Previews Feb 26, 2018, 23:39 jacobvandy

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 26, 2018, 18:48:
Chromius wrote on Feb 26, 2018, 17:01:
Turn based 4x WH40k strategy game. Awesome, I love everything WH40k. I hope they take their time and release a well polished title. The Arpg WH40k title is looking good also. Now we need a Total War 40k game!

As much as I'd love a W40k game, there is ZERO way that GW will ever allow that nor that Total War format would be a good fit, given how TW games were always about 1 campaign map, and W40k really would need space travel.

Who says the campaign map can't have planets and space instead of continents and water?

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
2. Re: New GeForce Drivers Feb 26, 2018, 12:23 jacobvandy

If they specifically mention performance optimizations then it's usually true, however you might have to dig around to find out it's only on certain GPUs at certain settings or resolution, etc.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2018, 14:05 jacobvandy

I've heard good things about the Impossible Burger from serious meat-eater fatasses and successful restaurant proprietors alike... It seems to me Ars just went to a shitty burger joint.  

News Comments > Trump Calls Out Video Games
26. Re: Trump Calls Out Video Games Feb 23, 2018, 00:50 jacobvandy

School shootings are terrible, but the media circlejerks that follow are worse. Nothing's better for ratings and pointed polarization than when you can combine both fear-mongering AND the churning of an age-old wedge issue... And these days the rabble are all too eager to be roused.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
6. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 22, 2018, 12:41 jacobvandy

I played the crap out of Hellgate when it came out. Though I don't think I ever finished it because I kept trying out new classes, and if I recall the farthest I ever got was limited by a nasty main quest bug. I still have the disc around somewhere, but I'd be concerned that trying to play it today in offline mode (if that's even possible, I forget) would be a bad idea since there'd be no way to get whatever patches they came out with.

Apparently the F2P reboot that came out of Korea a few years back bit the dust, too, but a fan revival project for the original looks to be coming along. You can sign up for the alpha version here: https://london2038.com

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
12. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 21, 2018, 13:54 jacobvandy

Creston wrote on Feb 21, 2018, 13:12:
So which tiny subset of people making less than $50K is going to be helped by the massive $500 a month? People who have no income can't do jack shit with $500 a month. That's a rent check and a utilities bill. Boom, gone. Food? Fuck you, eat bark soup. But hey, if you make $44K with your six part time jobs that are going to be there for the taking, sweet, we found someone for whom $500 would help.

People will not be maintaining the same way they live now when this becomes necessary. Living alone will be a luxury, like when you went to college, gonna have to pool your $500 a month with 3-5 roommates and rent a crappy house.

3897 Comments. 195 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo