Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for jacobvandy

Real Name jacobvandy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jacobvandy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 1, 2011, 00:49
Total Comments 3673 (Veteran)
User ID 56195

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > HITMAN Free Sample [Updated]
17. Re: HITMAN Episode 1 for Free Jun 20, 2017, 20:44 jacobvandy

So does anybody know where we go to get Episode 1 for free? All I see on the Steam store page is an all-inclusive bundle for sale, or everything *except* Episode 1 available separately as DLC. Looks like there's a demo, but that's not it, right? I mean, I thought they're giving away part of the real game... Are they having issues and it's not really available yet, or what?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 19, 2017, 13:51 jacobvandy

I used to do an acre with a motorized push mower every week and that was bad enough... Any more than that and you're going to want something you can sit on and drive around.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Reviews Crash; GTA Online Cheat Killed
4. Re: Grand Theft Auto Reviews Crash; GTA Online Cheat Killed Jun 18, 2017, 13:53 jacobvandy

ItBurn wrote on Jun 18, 2017, 13:30:
Quinn wrote on Jun 18, 2017, 13:23:
Fucking drama queens. Them losers been playing that game every fucking day since it came out for PC. This is the kind of shit that has Rockstar flip the PC off for.

So you're against gamers voicing their discontent when a developer kills mods in order to juice more money out of the customers? You like all these microtransactions and day one DLC bs? Because it happened when gamers didn't say anything. Who cares if Rockstar puts their game on PC or not. We've got infinite good games to play, we don't need to bend over for them.

Voice it all you want, but it has nothing to do with game itself. Reviews aren't there for angry nerds and their bandwagoning circlejerks trying to "stick it to the man." They're for telling people your opinion of the game. This type of pointless nonsense (along with the retarded memes and other jokes so often voted "most helpful") is why a lot of people don't bother reading Steam reviews at all.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 15, 2017, 14:18 jacobvandy

Fion wrote on Jun 15, 2017, 13:26:
Ah man this 'solar paint' is going to be debunked as badly as solar roads did.

Why is it called 'solar paint' when it creates hydrogen from water vapor? This is like that sports water bottle that refills itself from the moisture in the air.

I see you made it to the second sentence of the article, however the answer to your question is in the fifth. Just a little further!

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 14, 2017, 00:50 jacobvandy

I'm not so sure it'll be quite that long, IIRC Retro Studios has been working on something we don't know about since they finished their last Donkey Kong. Regardless, I'm hoping they release the Prime Trilogy again (would be the third time, lol) to tide us over until then!  

News Comments > Destiny 2 and Beta Access with 1080 Cards
2. Re: Destiny 2 and Beta Access with 1080 Cards Jun 14, 2017, 00:47 jacobvandy

And playing with a gamepad to boot, yuck... The main reason I'm interested in it coming to PC is NOT having to do that. Shame on you, GeForce video maker guy. Fucking shame!  

News Comments > Beyond Good and Evil 2 Trailers
5. Re: Beyond Good and Evil 2 Trailers Jun 12, 2017, 23:19 jacobvandy

I don't know anything about the franchise, but it is certainly odd to name a prequel as if it's a sequel.  

News Comments > Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Announced
1. Re: Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Announced Jun 12, 2017, 23:06 jacobvandy

I had about 10 seconds of hope when they debuted this trailer, that we might actually see something new in the series rather than yet another remaster...  

News Comments > Metro Exodus Announced
9. Re: Metro Exodus Announced Jun 12, 2017, 12:39 jacobvandy

Everyone loves to hate on MS, but you gotta hand it to them here... Their Play Anywhere initiative and push for 4K+ with the xXBONEXx is working to elevate cross-platform titles like this to levels far beyond what we'd otherwise get to see. This new Metro along with Anthem are the two I'm most looking forward to, but AFAIK every single thing they showed at their conference yesterday is also going to be on PC. "Exclusive" to them these days means simply "not on PlayStation," and I admit, it's kind of nice.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Origins Officially Announced
6. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Officially Announced Jun 12, 2017, 12:29 jacobvandy

The combat is definitely different, they're going a more RPG route with floating damage numbers, random loot drops, and enemies of varying level that may be too strong to confront when you first encounter them. Historical accuracy in technology is not going to be a limiting factor, either, since you're playing a magi who can apparently do mystical shit like guide an arrow in flight, Yondu-style.

Here's the real gameplay they showed yesterday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX0fd4q0baQ

News Comments > The Evil Within 2 and Wolfenstein Leaks?
5. Re: The Evil Within 2 and Wolfenstein Leaks? Jun 12, 2017, 00:38 jacobvandy

Leaks confirmed! Wolfenstein 2 looks pretty sick.  

News Comments > Anthem Revealed
8. Re: Anthem Revealed Jun 11, 2017, 21:34 jacobvandy

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 11, 2017, 21:16:
What exactly about this video is supposed to make me want to buy this game?

Blue posted the teaser from yesterday, see the YT link posted in the comment below for the actual ~6 minute demo from a few hours ago.

I'm not sure why EA bothered having their conference a day earlier than everyone else, when the biggest thing they brought this year was contracted out to be shown by Microsoft instead...

News Comments > Anthem Revealed
3. Re: Anthem Revealed Jun 11, 2017, 16:23 jacobvandy

It could be an Evolve clone, for all we know so far.

Nevermind, it's Destiny, lol.

This comment was edited on Jun 11, 2017, 18:44.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II May Feature Microtransactions
3. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II May Feature Microtransactions Jun 11, 2017, 14:24 jacobvandy

Even though it's EA and chances are decent he's right, it's still baseless speculation, especially the implication with battle points. They may have unlocker packs for class progression, but I'm pretty sure the BP system is analogous to kill streak rewards in Call of Duty. They're not a persistent in-game currency, you have to start over earning them each match and it works to escalate the conflict after a duration, with the summoning of vehicles and heroes. They'd be shooting themselves in the foot again if they let people pay money to spawn as Darth Maul right out of the gate, or pay enough money to continue playing him the entire match.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak
14. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak Jun 10, 2017, 16:30 jacobvandy

I skipped the last one because of the mediocre reviews, but everything they're saying about this sequel is starting to pique my interest again. New, original story in an offline campaign, loads more MP content from across the entire saga, no more power-up token bullshit, free DLC...  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2017, 13:52 jacobvandy

Don't feel bad for returning 90% of a product you're not happy with. Some people shamelessly demand their money back for a bag of chips or whatever after they already ate more than half of it, like it took them that long to figure out they weren't satisfied, lol.

Unless it was really cheap, like under a dollar per "drink" (is this stuff like Go-Gurt for grown-ups or what?), then I'd just be too lazy to bother. More Jerry than Kramer, I guess, just learn the lesson and move on.

31. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2017, 19:46 jacobvandy

*shrug* It reads fairly balanced to me, probably since it's local news station from OK. They point out the study doesn't account for various other dietary factors that may contribute to the differences, so it doesn't mean real milk is god's gift to healthy children. It's just that people might think that if the non-dairy stuff is better for adults (which is judged on having less saturated fat or cholesterol, etc) that that means it's better for their growing kids, too, when that may not be the case. Especially when there's no regulation on what a milk substitute is or what it contains, it's easy to make the mistake of assuming they're nutritionally equivalent.

As for the health of the dairy industry in general, consumption per capita in the US has increased in the past 20 years. The drinking of fluid milk has declined about 25%, but it's more than been made up for in how much yogurt and cheese people eat. https://www.ers.usda.gov/webdocs/DataFiles/48685/pcconsp_1_.xlsx

29. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2017, 18:40 jacobvandy

bigspender wrote on Jun 8, 2017, 18:06:
Study Finds Children Who Drink Non-Dairy Milk Shorter Than Peers.

Ah yes, the death throes of the dairy industry. It won't be long now until cows milk is a delicacy instead of a staple.

Nobody want's to drink your abuse juice anymore. Given that 1/2 of the world already doesn't and never did drink it, and they still don't get osteoporosis there is no reason to drink cows milk.

I'm not sure if you really comprehended that incorrectly or you just didn't bother to read even the whole headline after scanning and being triggered by one or two words... Calcium is never even mentioned in the article, btw.

News Comments > SOYF: S#!T ON YOUR FRIENDS
10. Re: SOYF: S#!T ON YOUR FRIENDS Jun 7, 2017, 18:31 jacobvandy

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jun 7, 2017, 17:52:
the only actual relation to shit in the game (besides the game being absolute shit) is that the projectiles are brown and make fart noises when you hit people.

Well yeah, there's only so much you can do in that regard until smell-o-vision comes along...

News Comments > Magic: The Gathering RPG Plans
2. Re: Magic: The Gathering RPG Plans Jun 7, 2017, 12:48 jacobvandy

So is it gonna be like Pokemon, wandering around an overworld until you lock eyes with an opponent and engage in a turn-based creature battle?  

3673 Comments. 184 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo