Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for jacobvandy

Real Name jacobvandy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jacobvandy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 1, 2011, 00:49
Total Comments 4547 (Master)
User ID 56195

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Halloween Sale

10. Re: Steam Halloween Sale Oct 29, 2019, 17:22 jacobvandy

7 Days to Die for $8+ is a steal. The latest update put it in the best state it's ever been gameplay-wise, though they're still ironing out some performance issues.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Launch Trailer

4. Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Launch Trailer Oct 29, 2019, 17:15 jacobvandy

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 29, 2019, 15:08:
If I ever get this it'll be a cheap key (or a one month sub to try out various EA games) and by then there will hopefully be a mod to replace the kiddie main character with a grown man character model who looks like he might actually have more than fluff on his nutsack.

Don't forget the mods that let you drive a monster truck and carry a Desert Eagle .50 in your waistband, for maximum overcompensation.

News Comments > EA Games Returning to Steam

19. Re: EA Games Returning to Steam Oct 29, 2019, 13:17 jacobvandy

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 29, 2019, 13:09:
MacLeod wrote on Oct 29, 2019, 12:01:
Explain to me, why am I bothering buying it on Steam, when I have to have Origin installed and running and an EA account? I might as well just get it through EA, and run it through Origin, since it has to run anyway.

Some just like one place of buying a listing I reckon. I don't doubt you but was it stated EA game on Steam still run through Origin? We know UBI does that, but was this addressed here?

It's stated on the Jedi game store page.

News Comments > Morning Multiplex

8. Re: Morning Multiplex Oct 28, 2019, 23:39 jacobvandy

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 28, 2019, 23:08:
Well, that sounds fairly terrible... and a mobile version of EVE? Really? I've never played the game and that sounds horrid to me...

At least 50% of the game is staring at one menu or another, and flying the ships (from what I recall) is just managing your auto-pilot settings as opposed to direct control. Turns out they released a companion app a few years ago, but there's a lot you could do with a portable version that really wouldn't be all that different from the actual PC game.

News Comments > EA Steam Return Hint

15. Re: EA Steam Return Hint Oct 26, 2019, 19:11 jacobvandy

peteham wrote on Oct 26, 2019, 16:17:
Wasn't the main [stated, at least] reason they pulled out back in the day the inability to sell DLC directly, rather than going via Steam and give Valve a cut? Did something change in that regard lately?

If it's just older games, they probably won't sell much DLC. I'm pretty sure they have since come out with ultimate editions or add-on bundles for those games that used to have in-game microtransactions anyway, such as DA2.

News Comments > Bethesda Responds to Fallout 1st Fallout

11. Re: Bethesda Responds to Fallout 1st Fallout Oct 25, 2019, 17:28 jacobvandy

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 25, 2019, 15:41:
I've heard and I can't believe this to be true, a private server person can log that character into the public servers, yes/no?

Yes, because the private servers are not any different than public ones except that only you and a handful of friends can join. If that changes, I'd expect the compatibility to change, too.

News Comments > Ubisoft Calls Out Breakpoint & Delays Games

14. Re: Ubisoft Calls Out Breakpoint & Delays Games Oct 25, 2019, 12:04 jacobvandy

Steele Johnson wrote on Oct 25, 2019, 09:32:
At least they know how they messed up. Now maybe they'll spend the time to make the games better. I'm all for it. They should take their time rather than rushing it out the door.

I'm surprised some of you bought Breakpoint. Didn't you see the reviews?

I and everyone I know who's played it simply signed up for a month of Uplay+. I don't doubt the launch of that service has impacted the sales performance of it, as well.

News Comments > Dying Light x Left 4 Dead 2 Event

1. Re: Dying Light x Left 4 Dead 2 Event Oct 24, 2019, 21:40 jacobvandy

I dunno about iconic, lol, they're pretty ordinary objects that were incidental in usage... Those three in particular were among the gag weapons you only used when you were messing around or couldn't find a blade. All the blunt weapons were crap by comparison.  

News Comments > Humble Monthly Becoming Multi-Tiered Humble Choice

11. Re: Humble Monthly Becoming Multi-Tiered Humble Choice Oct 24, 2019, 09:39 jacobvandy

shul wrote on Oct 24, 2019, 07:50:
I got to say, this is a shitty move on part of humble bundle. prices are meant to go *down* , like with game pass and apple arcade.. not up. this is the swan song of humble monthly and as with any successful business that sees its end (fallout76 anyone) they raise prices for a lesser product and then crush and burn. I thought humble bundle wasn't one of those companies with all the charity stuff, but sadly it appears they are not.

They sold out to IGN two years ago, remember? Swore nothing would change, yadda yadda yadda.

News Comments > Fallout 76 Launches Fallout 1st Private Server Program

3. Re: Fallout 76 Launches Fallout 1st Private Server Program Oct 23, 2019, 14:20 jacobvandy

Yeah, this pretty much sucks. Maybe it's a last-ditch effort to squeeze some more direct revenue out of it before they finally relent and put it on Steam. Either way, I think they are majorly misunderstanding/underestimating/insulting their player base if they think the Minecraft rental model is going to be embraced by the people who've been asking for private servers. Especially when they limit it to only 8 players instead of 24, kinda saying that your $13 a month is worth so little to them that they need to squeeze extra instances into the same rack space to accommodate it... I'm sure that upcoming mod support will be REALLY robust. Rolleyes  

News Comments > On Sale

2. Re: On Sale Oct 23, 2019, 12:24 jacobvandy

If you're not parkouring in Dying Light, you're moving too slow and become easy prey. A lot of the time you have to act like the ground is lava, except instead of molten rock it's zombies.  

News Comments > Humble Monthly Becoming Multi-Tiered Humble Choice

1. Re: Humble Monthly Becoming Multi-Tiered Humble Choice Oct 23, 2019, 11:09 jacobvandy

RIP.  

News Comments > Borderlands 2 VR Released

6. Re: Borderlands 2 VR Released Oct 23, 2019, 09:19 jacobvandy

Also, the FOV of these games is adjustable on PC.  

News Comments > Nira Announced

1. Re: Nira Announced Oct 22, 2019, 17:27 jacobvandy

The description interested me, but then I saw the characters made of about 20 pixels each... NVM.  

News Comments > Three Steam Sale Dates Leak?

4. Re: Three Steam Sale Dates Leak? Oct 21, 2019, 13:43 jacobvandy

Cutter wrote on Oct 21, 2019, 13:20:
They should lose the Autumn sale.

Lol, yeah, let's not have a Black Friday sale, that'll be good for business.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation

6. Re: Sunday Consolidation Oct 20, 2019, 23:35 jacobvandy

necrosis wrote on Oct 20, 2019, 20:28:
WTF is a super fast SSD?

Are they saying its "super fast" because its a normal SSD on a SATA III bus?

Do they mean its NVMe? (Though I really doubt this because of cost.)

Maybe just use cheaper hybrid drives and put SATA III busses in the damned things. Remember the plain PS4 only has a SATA II bus. Anyone who put a full blown SSD in that is a toolbag. PS4 Pro however had a STAT III bus.

Speculation is they might be using PCI-E 4.0, but all Sony has said is that the bandwidth is higher than anything available for PC.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation

2. Re: Sunday Consolidation Oct 20, 2019, 15:26 jacobvandy

Yeah, it'd be a mixed blessing for this author if he had to think of some different common sense article to write for the new consoles so dumb fucks give him views every day.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

32. Re: Gone Gold - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Oct 19, 2019, 17:26 jacobvandy

jdreyer wrote on Oct 19, 2019, 14:03:
Also, why is the main character carrying four rounds of .308 in his belt?

It's probably food, dry rations that work the same way you see Rey cooking in Episode 7. Pretty standard thing for Jedi to carry around.

News Comments > U.S. Congress Rebukes Blizzard

20. Re: Re: U.S. Congress Rebukes Blizzard Oct 19, 2019, 04:53 jacobvandy

NKD wrote on Oct 19, 2019, 03:11:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 19, 2019, 02:17:
Video Games. The Sixth Estate. Nobody pays attention to it until it becomes beneficial for career reasons to do so.

Also, J. Allen Brack is a toolbox. Unlike Mike Morhaime, he has no real power in Blizzard. JAB famously told a fan asking for vanilla, "you think you do, but you don't," and then Classic came out and boosted sub numbers by 200-300%. #NoVision

I thought they no longer gave their sub numbers, just revenue? I don't follow Blizz that closely these days.

Besides which, subs going up when it launches is only the "you think you do" part... Need to give it a few months to see how right or wrong the second half of that statement is.

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Trailer

27. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Trailer Oct 18, 2019, 17:09 jacobvandy

Osc8r wrote on Oct 18, 2019, 04:35:
jacobvandy wrote on Oct 17, 2019, 17:41:
Osc8r wrote on Oct 17, 2019, 17:30:
Is it worth buying it for the co-op only?

Not interested in playing the single player at all.

You mean the online free-for-all? That'll depend on who you have to play with you. Though I'd fully expect it to be overrun by hackers the same way GTA Online was at first.

I thought it had co-op missions / a small co-op campaign as well as free roam?

It does, but AFAIK any of your missions that take place in the open world can be crashed by other players who happen to be nearby. I could be mistaken, since this is stuff I read last year that may be outdated and I never played it myself since I don't want to pay for an online sub.

4547 Comments. 228 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >