Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for jacobvandy

Real Name jacobvandy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jacobvandy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 1, 2011, 00:49
Total Comments 4288 (Master)
User ID 56195

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > ANNO 1800 Off to a Record Start
6. Re: ANNO 1800 Off to a Record Start Apr 30, 2019, 00:46 jacobvandy

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 29, 2019, 17:55:
I haven't picked it up yet, but will as soon as gmg has it back in stock. Not sure how a digital code can go "out of stock" but it's been like this for weeks.

I'm glad the game is doing well. I've had fun with the beta

Third party sites do not have key generators, they have to acquire batches of codes from publishers same as retailers get shipments of physical copies.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 29, 2019, 20:19 jacobvandy

jdreyer wrote on Apr 29, 2019, 18:58:
Samsung thinks millennials want vertical TVs.

Rocket launches and long document editing. That's the only time you should use a vertical screen.

Humans evolved as plains dwellers. Viewing the world in landscape mode is our default setting.

Beyond the clickbait headline, they explain this new TV rotates to support horizontal or vertical, which is meant for embiggulating things from your smartphone screen/camera. A niche usage befitting its place in Samsung's line of designer TVs that cost 5x the normal price because they're made to look nice even when not in use, like high-end furniture.

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Apr 28, 2019, 12:04 jacobvandy

They're always full of snark, just read any page of their website. The FAQ for Satisfactory is particularly silly and generally unhelpful.  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
17. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 22, 2019, 19:34 jacobvandy

Creston wrote on Apr 22, 2019, 18:23:
MacLeod wrote on Apr 22, 2019, 15:40:
NKD wrote on Apr 22, 2019, 15:36:
MacLeod wrote on Apr 22, 2019, 12:28:
Man, how I've come to hate the term waifu.

Was it ever a good and useful term?

No. Truth be told, I always hated it, but now it seems to bleed out of the anime community and into general internet parlance, it's even more annoying.

I thought it just meant anime chick?

Only the ones you like-like.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 22, 2019, 10:37 jacobvandy

Lol, the trailer is actually kinda funny, they're definitely lampooning Mass Effect.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Apr 21, 2019, 11:16 jacobvandy

Drath71 wrote on Apr 21, 2019, 10:45:
MrBone wrote on Apr 21, 2019, 08:25:
When you smokers end up with lung cancer I pity your last days struggling to breathe until you choke to death. That is a horrific way to die. Having seen it, I would ask that you stay away from putting smoke in your lungs.

Funny how the horrible, capitalistic greedy cigarette companies encouraged smoking, and how evil they were.
But now, pot is awesome, no no harmful effects at all, hey let's legalized it everywhere. Anyone who tells you otherwise is wrong. And we're not like those evil companies at all, because we care about your health.

Marlboro Greens are coming, guaranteed. And they'll be stuffed full of additives same as their tobacco cigs.

News Comments > In Defense of Aliens Announced
4. Re: In Defense of Aliens Announced Apr 17, 2019, 16:35 jacobvandy

ForgedReality wrote on Apr 17, 2019, 10:23:
Why's it called "In Defense of Aliens"? Isn't the exact opposite happening here?

'Defending Cute & Cuddly Aliens from Mean & Scary Aliens' isn't quite as catchy.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 15, 2019, 20:49 jacobvandy

It's sad how costume make-up has been conflated with *that* now... We are way too bored/complacent as a species.  

News Comments > Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order in November
16. Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order in November Apr 13, 2019, 17:59 jacobvandy

So a Jedi version of Force Unleashed.. Not very creative, but it should be fun unless they really went out of their way to screw it up.  

News Comments > Conan Unconquered Gameplay Video
7. Re: Conan Unconquered Gameplay Video Apr 12, 2019, 15:25 jacobvandy

They Are Billions is definitely to thank for proving RTS is still something people want. I'm happy to see a publisher giving the genre a chance again, even if they're being safe with a copy-cat game.  

News Comments > Bungie Removing Wavesplitter From PC Destiny 2
11. Re: Bungie Removing Wavesplitter From PC Destiny 2 Apr 10, 2019, 15:41 jacobvandy

El Pit wrote on Apr 10, 2019, 15:32:
mch wrote on Apr 10, 2019, 11:56:
Soul Calibur 4 split the Star Wars characters based on console. PS3 had Darth Vader and Xbox 360 had Darth Vader. Then a few months after release you could buy the other character as a $5 DLC.

And it was indeed shitty.

So both had actually Darth Vader but you could still buy... uhm... *headexplodes*

Sorry, I don't get it.

That's a brain fart, one console had Vader and the other Yoda.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Apr 9, 2019, 15:29 jacobvandy

Well I don't know the character because I didn't play that Telltale spin-off, and apparently most people are in the same boat because it did not do well in sales. They pulled all but a handful of devs from the project before the five episodes were done, which was itself a compromise when they wanted to cancel it completely. Why would you spend the money on an expensive actor for a role so few are familiar with? A small portion of hardcore fans will be disappointed, but nobody else will notice.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 8, 2019, 15:28 jacobvandy

PayPal is such a shitty service for sellers to use, even eBay is in the process of phasing them out... It won't matter how buyer-friendly they are if nobody accepts it anywhere, which in light of changes such as this is likely to happen sooner rather than later. And now that most major banks have their own systems for instant cash transfer between individuals, there's no need to use PayPal for that, either. They can eat a dick for all I care.  

News Comments > Apex Legends Leaver Penalty Removed, Will Return
4. Re: Apex Legends Leaver Penalty Removed, Will Return Apr 7, 2019, 16:11 jacobvandy

Creston wrote on Apr 7, 2019, 14:27:
Why is there an issue with people leaving a battle royale game early? (serious question.)

I mean, if there's four left and 2 leave early, then the two who are left are 1 and 2, what's the big deal?

At least for now, Apex is a team-based game, you're forced to play in squads of three.

News Comments > Randy Pitchford on Borderlands 3 and Exclusivity
6. Re: Randy Pitchford on Borderlands 3 and Exclusivity Apr 2, 2019, 13:21 jacobvandy

This just makes me wonder how shitty the co-op experience is going to be, since I assume they won't be using Steamworks for online functionality anymore if the game gonna be exclusive to Epic... They can barely be bothered to keep up with ensuring their own Fortnite Save the World operates without massive lag, connection issues, and random server-side data loss.  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
3. Re: Saturday Consolidation Mar 30, 2019, 13:43 jacobvandy

I suppose this is nice if you really want an official collectible for your shelf, but they've had other SEGA plug-and-play consoles with the same games rotting on retail shelves for years because they farmed it out to third parties. Add that to them releasing classic game compilations on pretty much all the other consoles throughout the past decade (including Switch a few months ago), and I doubt this will make much of a splash at all. They definitely won't be moving millions of units and making scalpers' mouths water like Nintendo has done, twice so far.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed III Remastered Released
9. Re: Assassin's Creed III Remastered Released Mar 29, 2019, 14:27 jacobvandy

$40 for this alone must be some kind of joke, considering that's the same price for the AC Odyssey season pass which this is included with... I guess they really just want to make you feel like you're getting a great deal when they slash the price by half in a few weeks.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 28, 2019, 21:32 jacobvandy

A year of NSO is probably the coolest Twitch Prime giveaway so far, IMO. They're actual voucher codes like you'd buy at a store, too, so you can redeem them and they'll stack to add more time to your sub if you're already signed up.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 28, 2019, 15:10 jacobvandy

BL3 revealed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4o5g_PGkiA

News Comments > Generation Zero Released
7. Re: Generation Zero Released Mar 27, 2019, 09:13 jacobvandy

Quinn wrote on Mar 27, 2019, 08:22:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Mar 27, 2019, 06:54:
I'm about two hours in to it. It's not a bad game but there is nothing about it, so far, that screams "this is so much better than anything else". I will say that there definitely needs to be some adjustment to either how much damage is done to the player or they need to tone down the enemy spawns.

One mission I had to do was to go to a hunter's house and retrieve his rifle. There were three robodogs that patrolled constantly and no amount of sneaking or combat didn't end up with me being dead. It was super frustrating.

I will, however, say that it is not nearly as engaging as Mad Max was. That game hooked you within the first five minutes.

You gave me a BSOD with that Mad Max reference. I don't see anything that connects these two games.

That was this studio's last open world action game that wasn't another Just Cause. It's a shame that they don't seem to have handled having so many irons in the fire lately very well (this plus JC4 plus Rage 2).

4288 Comments. 215 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo