Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for jacobvandy

Real Name jacobvandy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jacobvandy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 1, 2011, 00:49
Total Comments 3766 (Veteran)
User ID 56195

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints
51. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints Nov 13, 2017, 16:06 jacobvandy

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 13, 2017, 15:43:
Timmeh wrote on Nov 13, 2017, 15:13:
they give the same exact xp to every player at the end of a match regardless of kills or skills.

they then give a complete bs reason on why this is a good idea.

What is really sad is people are actually buying this POS.

There is a reason for that though, in BF1, if you were winning really highly with capturing points and not kills and healing/resupply/destruction etc. you would get around 50% less XP than if you basically spawn camped without capturing the points. they likely wanted to de-incentivize this kind of behavior.

That you get less points if the rounds are shorter (ie. you play well and win) is total BS though.

De-incentivizing kills in a game about shooting people is really stupid reasoning... If it is decided there's a balance issue where aimless killing gets you significantly greater rewards than completing objectives, then you should be further incentivizing objectives. But therein lies the contention with EA philosophy: they're not about using carrots unless you buy them yourself.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints
18. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints Nov 13, 2017, 11:47 jacobvandy

This is amusing, I've never seen a post with hundreds of thousands of downvotes before... Nobody deserves it more than an EA rep regurgitating PR bullshit.  

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Nov 12, 2017, 15:15 jacobvandy

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 12, 2017, 14:43:
Keys to unlock loot in game that can ONLY be acquired via kowtowing to some social media bullshit out of game?!

Or you could just google "borderlands golden key codes" and see any of the myriad of wikis, blogs, or forum posts that compile dozens or even hundreds of them in one place...

News Comments > For Honor, LawBreakers, and Squad Free This Weekend
5. Re: For Honor, LawBreakers, and Squad Free This Weekend Nov 11, 2017, 19:38 jacobvandy

Wow, I think it's officially time to throw in the towel when a free weekend can't get you more than 500 concurrent players...  

News Comments > Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy Released
2. Re: Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy Released Nov 10, 2017, 12:49 jacobvandy

They cobble this together to try and ride the AC: Origins hype? No thanks, lol.  

News Comments > Need for Speed Payback Peels Out
3. Re: Need for Speed Payback Peels Out Nov 10, 2017, 12:30 jacobvandy

MrGrosser wrote on Nov 10, 2017, 12:05:
I can't find it on Steam...

Not sure if serious... EA games haven't been released on Steam for like 6 years now.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 9, 2017, 23:28 jacobvandy

I'm disappointed at the lack of motion controls like they implemented for Skyrim on Switch. After playing so much Breath of the Wild and Splatoon, where you use the gyro to fine-tune your aim while shooting, I have even less tolerance for plain old crappy dual-stick controls than I did a year ago. As mentioned, PC is still the platform of choice for these games, but I'm actually considering Skyrim on Switch whereas Doom is a hard pass for me without gyro.  

News Comments > Command & Conquer Speculation
9. Re: Command & Conquer Speculation Nov 8, 2017, 22:05 jacobvandy

Gods, no, not that abomination. It was an actual standalone 3D game meant to have single/multi/co-op modes and be run as a service, with new content added over time. Although, the browser game may have been "good enough" for them and led to its cancellation.

https://www.polygon.com/2013/10/29/5043244/ea-cancels-free-to-play-command-and-conquer

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Nov 8, 2017, 17:30 jacobvandy

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 16:43:
If this were Ubisoft or EA I'd be worried, but it's only Take Two...

Both Ubi and EA already make more from "recurrent spending" than game sales, the future is now for them!

News Comments > Command & Conquer Speculation
7. Re: Command & Conquer Speculation Nov 8, 2017, 17:19 jacobvandy

Didn't they already try a freemium C&C and it never made it more than a few months in beta?  

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials
12. Re: Ubisoft Financials Nov 8, 2017, 01:54 jacobvandy

Creston wrote on Nov 7, 2017, 23:40:
I hope AC Origins sell very well, because it's a great game. Having an absolute fucking blast with it.

Only thing I'm not happy about: The Trial of the Gods dropped today, and it's level 40 content, and it ends in six days. So, I guess fuck you to everyone who can't make it to level 40 in time, Ubi? :\

Agreed, it's awesome. I saw that event, too, though from what I understand it's a rotating thing that will come back around after similar events have their turn.

6. Re: Ubisoft Financials Nov 7, 2017, 23:11 jacobvandy

That's just Gamasutra's clickbait headline, the chart they took from Ubisoft's slideshow lists the various elements in small print. Ubisoft calls the category "Player Recurring Investment" and it includes everything that is not a digital game sale.  

4. Re: Ubisoft Financials Nov 7, 2017, 20:43 jacobvandy

It's not just microtransactions, as in buying bullshit virtual currency to exchange for in-game items. That category of "not game sales" that makes up 51% of their digital revenue includes all subscriptions, season passes, expansions, etc. and also some advertising.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
10. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 6, 2017, 11:25 jacobvandy

It wasn't that Bob died, it was that they did it with the most lame and cheesy horror trope of all time, the ol' phew, I'm safe, oh wait no I'm not AHHHHHHHHH! It wasn't emotional, you saw it coming a mile away, and it represented the lowest point of the season, quality-wise, IMO.  

News Comments > Steam Win10 Usage Dips; Win7 Surges
3. Re: Steam Win10 Usage Dips; Win7 Surges Nov 6, 2017, 10:39 jacobvandy

I heard there are BattleEye cheats that only work in 7.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
8. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Nov 5, 2017, 19:49 jacobvandy

I'm astonished there are people who've lasted long enough in medicine to be referred to as an "elderly doctor" with zero computer skills... She can't be the only one, and that's scary because without a computer, how are you learning new things about your constantly-evolving field of study? Is that why she has no time to learn how to use the internet, she spends all her off-time driving around to attend seminars and poring over whatever printed publications she can find? Her patients must be as old and out of touch as she is to not see the problem there. Well, apparently a few of them aren't, since they're the ones who filed complaints. I'm sorry, but this is the type of situation where forced retirement is the safe and sane thing to do.  

News Comments > Diablo III Double Goblin Bonus This Week
1. Re: Diablo III Double Goblin Bonus This Week Nov 5, 2017, 19:20 jacobvandy

Good time to farm some pets, I guess. Though I could've sworn this kind of event used to affect the rift packs... Lame.  

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Q3 Financials
7. Re: Activision Blizzard Q3 Financials Nov 3, 2017, 01:46 jacobvandy

Slick wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 00:54:
jacobvandy wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 00:15:
Fortune 500 lists them with 9500 employees.

Sure, they need a lot of bean counters and marketing gurus.

How many of that 9500 are level designers? Texture artists? Sound designers? I think I've made my point.

Your point being that EA and Ubisoft don't have a lot of bean counters and marketing gurus? Lol, okay...

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Q3 Financials
5. Re: Activision Blizzard Q3 Financials Nov 3, 2017, 00:15 jacobvandy

Fortune 500 lists them with 9500 employees.  

News Comments > Ubisoft Denies Denuvo Slowing Assassin's Creed: Origins
13. Re: Ubisoft Denies Denuvo Slowing Assassin's Creed: Origins Nov 2, 2017, 02:12 jacobvandy

That sounds reasonable to me. I don't know why PC gamers are always looking for excuses, for problems at the cause of a game actually taxing their expensive hardware... The more CPU usage the better, IMO, instead of it idling 90% of cycles because the GPU is doing everything. Haven't upgraded my processor in 6 years, it feels like an eternity! Give me more games like this so I have reason to do so.  

3766 Comments. 189 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo