Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for jacobvandy

Real Name jacobvandy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jacobvandy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 1, 2011, 00:49
Total Comments 3413 (Veteran)
User ID 56195

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Sep 30, 2015, 18:08 jacobvandy

Obviously, Dota 2 average concurrent player count dropped because school started back up. Look at the charts and you can see it's up on weekends and lulls on weekdays, compared to last month where it was almost statistically constant throughout the week. It's not some mass exodus because of any update because the weekend numbers are virtually unchanged.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 30, 2015, 17:50 jacobvandy

I'm gonna Uber-ize Steam Achievement hunting. EZ E-peen Growth, Inc., we play your games so you don't have to!  

News Comments > Quote of the Day
1. Re: Quote of the Day Sep 30, 2015, 17:41 jacobvandy

"Brick and mortar rental stores will be around forever." - Blockbuster CEO

Saying it doesn't make it true, dude, no matter how much you wish it would.

News Comments > NVIDIA Relaunches Cloud Gaming
1. Re: NVIDIA Relaunches Cloud Gaming Sep 30, 2015, 17:35 jacobvandy

Binge watching doesn't apply to video games unless you're talking about episodic releases.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 30, 2015, 13:18 jacobvandy

Such a shame. I hope Tony finds someone else to do the series justice, but I can't blame him if by this point he's just like, fuck it, man...  

News Comments > Hitman Rollout Detailed
6. Re: Hitman Rollout Detailed Sep 29, 2015, 20:00 jacobvandy

I don't get how they can keep delaying this game, and STILL go on with this bizarre Early Access-like unfinished release.  

News Comments > WildStar Free-to-Play Launches
21. Re: WildStar Free-to-Play Launches Sep 29, 2015, 16:05 jacobvandy

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 29, 2015, 16:01:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 29, 2015, 11:25:
Which "Free To Play" model is this like?

1. Guild Wars 2 (Best)
2. Star Wars: The Old Republic (Okay)
3. Lord of the Rings Online (Horrible)

I'm thinking it's going to be like LOTRO, but hoping for SWTOR model.

Not sure how GW's is even in a FTP list, since it isn't FTP.

Marvel/POE's are pretty nice.

Maybe you missed it, the whole base game of GW2 is free now.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 29, 2015, 02:38 jacobvandy

Oh, it's to help fix or prevent brain injuries? That's perfectly okay, then!  

News Comments > Evening Patches
3. Re: Evening Patches Sep 29, 2015, 01:53 jacobvandy

Oh, no, of course the story is shit. I mean gameplay-wise, it is up there among the worst of all time. They should have just made the whole thing after you destroy Scrotus' war rig a cinematic, that would have been preferable.  

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Sep 28, 2015, 20:01 jacobvandy

Hot damn, vehicle rolling! I finally got around to finishing the story earlier today and uninstalled... But now I kinda wanna go back and see if it really makes the difference I think it would.

P.S. Yeah, the ending is as fucking awful as everyone says it is.

News Comments > No Fallout 4 DLC Exclusives
3. Re: No Fallout 4 DLC Exclusives Sep 28, 2015, 11:58 jacobvandy

*Dog Armor  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Trailer & Details
3. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Trailer & Details Sep 26, 2015, 14:18 jacobvandy

Oh yeah, it's been clear since the end of Living Story Season 2 that the expansion is all about a Sylvari uprising and the racial turmoil it causes. Even the "good" Sylvari are being hunted down and discriminated against by all the other societies.

And although it is interesting for them to finally come out with a 100% healing class in the Druid, as a fan of the Ranger I was hoping it would be something a bit less... lame. New pets should be cool, though!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 25, 2015, 14:31 jacobvandy

BobBob wrote on Sep 25, 2015, 13:40:
jacobvandy wrote on Sep 25, 2015, 13:22:
Fuck the Pope, man... Seriously.

Really?

Yeah, really. Behind all the photo ops and feel-good bullshit peddled by the ceremonial figure-head is one of the most evil organizations on the planet, institutionalizing the mass rape of children all over the world. They've publicly settled to the tune of BILLIONS of dollars in compensation to the families of thousands of little boys who have been violated, which paints an even darker picture of the problem as a whole (as with most sexual abuse, it's almost guaranteed that the majority of occurrences have not been reported). And they flat-out refuse to take action against the sick individuals doing the kid-raping, instead choosing to re-locate them to another church in a different area where their deeds aren't known and they can find a bunch of fresh faces to prey upon...

This isn't a conspiracy theory, these are facts. And yet, the leader of this bunch of pedophiles is treated like royalty wherever he goes, his greater flock willfully ignorant of what he represents (not to mention all that nonsense in the bible about false idols, nah, he's the freakin' Pope, we can make an exception!). What other corporation could be responsible for so many despicable things, but then send their CEO on a tour of the country to be heralded with so much fanfare and hero worship? The fucking Pope should have been arrested as soon as he set foot in the US, but instead that moron in the White House joins in on the adulation...

7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 25, 2015, 13:22 jacobvandy

Fuck the Pope, man... Seriously.  

News Comments > Diablo III Bonus Weekend
24. Re: Diablo III Bonus Weekend Sep 25, 2015, 00:04 jacobvandy

Cram wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 23:03:
Gold is in a good spot, I think. It just needs another sink, something that could be rewarding if you spend the gold.

One of my clan mates had this awesome idea about a gold sink. He said you should be able to spend 1 million gold to increase one of the stats on an item one tick, up to its maximum. So, say you have a good amulet with the stats you want on it, but the values aren't as high as they could be; with this you'd be able to spend 50 million gold to increase the Strength on it from 650 to 700 or whatever.

They may need to tune the cost, or even make it more expensive the more you use it on the same item, etc. but you could easily blow through billions of gold optimizing one set of gear.

News Comments > Dawn of War Free Weekend
6. Re: Dawn of War Free Weekend Sep 24, 2015, 20:43 jacobvandy

FloorPie wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 20:19:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 20:08:
Dawn of War up to the Winter Assault expansion is one of my favorite RTS games all time, especially with mods.

It's such a shame Relic went in such a different, smaller scale direction with DoW2.

I bought DoW2 on sale for like 4 bucks, can barely get into it at all. On the other side of the coin, I've probably got 250+ hours in the various flavors of DoW1/mods at this point.

Same here. I just could not get into DoW2. I did not want a Company of Heroes version of DoW. I still play DoW1 with some mods every so often. Bought every expansion.

Company of Heroes was a smaller scale than DoW, sure, but it was still nothing like DoW2. They actually ruined CoH in a similar way with that last expansion and eventually the sequel, by simplifying it to the same level of micro squad tactics as DoW2. It's like somewhere along the line Relic went batshit insane and forgot how to make good RTS games. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if the MOBA craze had something to do with them betting so heavily on that style of gameplay...

20. Re: Diablo III Bonus Weekend Sep 24, 2015, 18:59 jacobvandy

Rhialto wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 18:51:
jacobvandy wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 13:19:
Rhialto wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 12:33:
Nothing for me then... I would have prefered the cow portal.
Cow portals aren't anything special, but regardless, you can open one yourself at any time by placing a Bovine Bardiche (legendary polearm) into the Cube.
I was talking about the "Not the cow level" event in May. Is it the same as this?

Yes, that's when they introduced it, but since 2.3 you can make those portals yourself any time you find one of those "summon ghost cows on hit" weapons. It was extremely underwhelming as a special event, so I think it likely they took that feedback and decided to make it much less limited.

There is another "cow level," which happens rarely when you get a Nephalem Rift populated by cow enemies, with a special wave-survival event that gives you tons of XP and bonus gold, plus a cow Queen rift boss.

15. Re: Diablo III Bonus Weekend Sep 24, 2015, 17:46 jacobvandy

Hump wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 17:24:
how about offering a free weekend period?

Its impossible to pirate the damned game so how about allowing folks to try the game out to see if its worth buying at all?

They've had the Diablo 3 Starter Edition available for the past two years, brah. It's a free demo, you can play up to the first boss (about half of Act I). Basically it's the same as the beta was.

Sheeit, Krovven.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 24, 2015, 16:44 jacobvandy

Disappointed in the recent Fallout 4 SPECIAL videos? This new article/video will actually answer your questions about the game's leveling system!

http://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/fallout-4s-character-system/2015/09/24/31

This comment was edited on Sep 24, 2015, 16:57.

9. Re: Diablo III Bonus Weekend Sep 24, 2015, 13:19 jacobvandy

Rhialto wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 12:33:
Nothing for me then... I would have prefered the cow portal.

Cow portals aren't anything special, but regardless, you can open one yourself at any time by placing a Bovine Bardiche (legendary polearm) into the Cube. Similarly, you can open a portal to the Vault with a Puzzle Ring.

3413 Comments. 171 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo