Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Bend, OR 04/29

Regularly scheduled events

User information for jacobvandy

Real Name jacobvandy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jacobvandy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 1, 2011, 00:49
Total Comments 3586 (Veteran)
User ID 56195

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Tyranny Announced
6. Re: Tyranny Announced Mar 16, 2016, 02:06 jacobvandy

Cutter wrote on Mar 15, 2016, 23:56:
Hahaha! It looks like TRANNYGAME. Yeah, a CRPG about trap queens!

That's not what trap queen means, but otherwise you do have a fair point.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Just Cause 3: Sky Fortress Takes Off
9. Re: Just Cause 3: Sky Fortress Takes Off Mar 15, 2016, 23:24 jacobvandy

I got 30 hours out of it, so that's plenty worth it to me. Loads of fun. The DLC, however, is better suited as an early-mid game side activity... Going back for that after 100%-ing the base game means it lasted about 1-2 hours before I was done and waiting for the next DLC. It'd be much better if this was available early on so that I could take that jet-boosted wingsuit with me to do all the other stuff in the game.  

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Released
29. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Released Mar 9, 2016, 02:12 jacobvandy

You have to stick with it until at least level 15 to start to see your character build come together, which is probably at least around 8 hours. Anything less than that and you've only demoed the game, not actually played it.

If you want, you can focus on pure offensive power and do enough damage to take out most enemies in one small burst or single headshot from a sniper rifle, and only bosses will slow you down. That's probably the best thing to do if you're playing solo. You have to make sure you're stacking the Firearms stat on your gear, every point of that is +1% bonus damage, when I hit level 15 I had about +350%. But you need to be skilled enough to make your shots count and make good use of cover because you're going to be squishy.

Not paying attention to what stats you are using is probably a big reason why people feel ineffective in combat. You'll switch to whatever gear items have the highest armor rating because that's the only number it shows on the quick view (flaw in the game, they could easily show small numbers instead of just green/red arrows), but then you find out you had all your points in health and skill power, which is why it takes so many bullets to kill someone. You only want skill power if you're trying to be a good healer or to make better use of gadgets like the sticky bomb and turret.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Released
23. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Released Mar 8, 2016, 19:28 jacobvandy

Darks wrote on Mar 8, 2016, 17:05:
Undocumented Alien wrote on Mar 8, 2016, 17:01:
Cutter wrote on Mar 8, 2016, 16:55:
Tom Clancy's The Division Suffers Frustrating Launch As UPlay Servers Become Unavailable

Lol! So typically Ubisoft.

Diablo 3 had a horrible launch and it wasn't Ubisoft. Most games locked to online DRM do.

More hate mongering going on as usual. This was something that occurred last night for about 30 to 40 mins. after that the game has been nothing but stable. Same old bullshit of people trying to beat the drums of hate.

And by the way, the black screen and crashing is related to Nvidias newest driver. Dont blame the game for something Nvidia fucked up.

I avoided updating drivers because of the problems I heard about yesterday, but I still got the black screen a couple times on older drivers, 342.00 I believe. Updating to the newest ones from today fixed it for me.

News Comments > Overwatch May Dates Leaked?
15. Re: Overwatch May Dates Leaked? Mar 7, 2016, 17:19 jacobvandy

InBlack wrote on Mar 7, 2016, 16:06:
Talutha wrote on Mar 7, 2016, 13:29:
The cost of the game is $40 and all future maps and heroes are going to be free. Only cosmetics will be sold.'

All of Overwatch's Post Launch Maps and Heroes Will Be Free/

That article is outdated. The game is 60$ (or 60 Euros for those on the other side of the pond) on Blizzard's page.

He's right, there are three purchase options on Blizzard's page and it defaults to a sort of deluxe edition. Base game without the extra skins and other "digital goodies" for their other games is $40.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
16. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Mar 7, 2016, 01:16 jacobvandy

Creston, buddy, I know that, it's literally what you quoted me saying, lol. I was responding to the asinine notion that looking through a phone that was left unlocked and unattended is the same as computer hacking.

dubfanatic wrote on Mar 6, 2016, 23:01:
jacobvandy wrote on Mar 6, 2016, 22:25:
We disagree on what it means for the phone to be unlocked, then. The door on a phone is the lock screen, it either opens to anyone who turns the knob or it requires a key in the form of a PIN, password, gesture, thumbprint, whatever. If the phone is left unlocked, that door has been left ajar.

Are you trolling or are you just dense? If I leave my car door open with the keys in it, and someone jumps in and drives off with it, it's still auto theft. Yeah, I'd be a dumbass for doing it, but it doesn't invalidate the crime.

Did you not read the entire thread before responding, or are you just lacking in comprehension? There's no theft involved... You left the door of your car open, a guy came in and sat in it for a minute, took a picture of the bobble-head on your dashboard, and then left. Are you so petty as to press charges for that?

11. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Mar 6, 2016, 22:25 jacobvandy

We disagree on what it means for the phone to be unlocked, then. The door on a phone is the lock screen, it either opens to anyone who turns the knob or it requires a key in the form of a PIN, password, gesture, thumbprint, whatever. If the phone is left unlocked, that door has been left ajar.  

9. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Mar 6, 2016, 21:36 jacobvandy

Zanthar wrote on Mar 6, 2016, 21:31:
If you leave your house to run to the post office or something, forget to lock your door and someone comes in and takes all your shit, you have no problem with that either?

Don't be dumb, that's obviously theft (and if the door is closed, it's still technically B&E). With that analogy, the door was OPEN and the kid took a look inside.

7. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Mar 6, 2016, 20:50 jacobvandy

SirKnight wrote on Mar 6, 2016, 19:29:
jimnms wrote on Mar 6, 2016, 19:18:
Her phone was unlocked and he took pictures of the pictures on her phone with his phone, and he's being charged with Computer Crimes?

Yes as he should be. He got on her phone without her consent which is no different than hacking into it. Different means of the same thing.

The parents need to be ashamed of themselves as well for not teaching their kid to respect the privacy and belongings of others. People these days have no respect or morals at all.

Lol, what? Hacking is forcing your way in, like kicking down the door to a home... That's a hell of a lot different than finding the door left wide open and taking a look inside. At that point you're merely trespassing, not breaking and entering.

Regardless, how can you have an expectation of privacy when you leave your phone, unprotected, in public space? It's rude, sure, and he should be disciplined for duplicating and distributing the photo, but actually finding it like that is hardly a crime.

Should he be charged with a felony for discovering a nude Polaroid on her desk underneath a stack of papers, when it's common knowledge that that's where she keeps a folder of personal photos? Because that's pretty much what he did.

The negligent teacher is at least as much to blame as the mischievous student for having that sort of thing just lying around. How do we know she's not some kind of pervert who intentionally left her phone there for a kid (perhaps a specific young, handsome troublemaker) to find that photo?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 5, 2016, 23:20 jacobvandy

To be clear, Mythbusters did not prove we landed on the moon, they just disproved some of the contrarian theories out there. Namely that the ambient lighting, flag physics, and footprint preservation are scientifically accurate as depicted in that old footage.  

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Patch Tomorrow; Sky Fortress Next Week; DX 12 Eventually
4. Re: Just Cause 3 Patch Tomorrow; Sky Fortress Next Week; DX 12 Eventually Mar 3, 2016, 13:53 jacobvandy

Time to reinstall!  

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Mar 2, 2016, 23:15 jacobvandy

I saw that posted elsewhere this morning.. They do have a point about it being a very similar lay-out, but until someone comes up with a video showing a fly-over of identical terrain with only ground textures and vegetation sprites differing between them, it's a classic case of mountains and mole hills.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 27, 2016, 15:58 jacobvandy

I love how Gabe posts like two sentences, and suddenly thousands of nerds are whipped into a frenzy.  

News Comments > Harmonix on PC Rhythm Gaming
5. Re: Harmonix on PC Rhythm Gaming Feb 27, 2016, 15:39 jacobvandy

I'm curious as to what kind of user generated content they think they're going to get... For rhythm games, that usually involves the illegal use of copyrighted music.  

News Comments > Morning Patches
7. Re: Morning Patches Feb 23, 2016, 14:26 jacobvandy

MisterBenn wrote on Feb 23, 2016, 12:42:
The combat's a little on the uneven side, some skills feel great and some I've found to be a bit underwhelming. I didn't find a melee setup that really caught my eye yet, I started making a dual wield blademaster but it was a bit too "autoattack + bonus procs" so I rerolled. My second build was a rifleman with a pet, that was better but rifles I discovered, have almost no AoE capability. Now I am rolling an Arcanist caster and this one feels great so far!

The Demolitionist (class you're most likely to use a rifle with) is all about explosions and fire, the most AOE heavy class there is. You can augment your auto-attack to explode with about a 10 meter radius, which eventually gets strong enough to kill trash in one or two hits, and by then you're doing 2+ attacks per second... You almost don't even need to use the thrown weapons at that point, but you still do, because it looks awesome.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 18, 2016, 20:01 jacobvandy

Don't fuck with him! He's the most influential human being in history by 50%!  

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Sky Fortress Trailer
2. Re: Just Cause 3 Sky Fortress Trailer Feb 18, 2016, 15:29 jacobvandy

A motherlovin' JETPACK!  

News Comments > The Division Free With NVIDIA Cards
4. Re: The Division Free With NVIDIA Cards Feb 17, 2016, 14:51 jacobvandy

Yeah, man, I'll pick this up for $20-25 on eBay. Thanks NVIDIA!  

News Comments > Fallout 4 DLC Plans; Season Pass Price Jump
15. Re: Fallout 4 DLC Plans; Season Pass Price Jump Feb 16, 2016, 19:13 jacobvandy

Nah, go for $24 on GMG with their ordinary voucher. I did notice they ran out of keys already and are having to order more, though, so you won't get it instantly.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 DLC Plans; Season Pass Price Jump
4. Re: Fallout 4 DLC Plans; Season Pass Price Jump Feb 16, 2016, 18:02 jacobvandy

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 17:22:
I love it when one tries it (DL)... then others jump in.

The New New:
Game
DLC Season Pass
Season Pass Expanding. Warning "It's going up, act fast!"

The new game in town.

Better this than just adding a second Season Pass. The early adopters are rewarded for their blind faith and they even give the wait-and-seers ample opportunity to get the same deal.

Far Harbor is bigger than Dragonborn for Skyrim, so if they're going to do at least one more like that, even paying the $50 is likely to be worth it.

3586 Comments. 180 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo