Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for jacobvandy

Real Name jacobvandy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jacobvandy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 1, 2011, 00:49
Total Comments 4291 (Master)
User ID 56195

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Just Cause 4 Spied
2. Re: Just Cause 4 Spied Jun 8, 2018, 12:49 jacobvandy

Has Avalanche blown up in size lately, or should we be worried? Rage 2 and Just Cause 4 simultaneously is a tall order in itself, but there's also a new IP FPS they've teased for E3: https://twitter.com/chsundberg/status/1004363949662507009  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Introducing Themed Seasons
12. Re: Diablo III Introducing Themed Seasons Jun 6, 2018, 15:39 jacobvandy

I'm gonna have to second the *yawn* for this one... Sure, a whole season is longer than the week[end] they've previously run double gobbies, but that event used to affect rift packs as well. You don't know "loot, chaos, and fun" if you've never run into a room with so many goblins that their glow literally covers your entire screen and then taken like 20 minutes to pick up and sort through all that stuff they drop. That is, of course, completely aside from the fact that this is a supremely lazy and simplistic theme for a season.  

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jun 4, 2018, 22:26 jacobvandy

RIP Hank the security guard. Kinda weird for that to be an actor's most famous role, though... I figured he might have been part of the crew or a family member or something.  

News Comments > Jurassic World Evolution Getting Free Movie DLC
2. Re: Jurassic World Evolution Getting Free Movie DLC Jun 4, 2018, 16:01 jacobvandy

AFAIK that's exactly what it is (being made by Frontier, of Planet Coaster/Elite Dangerous). I had a lot of fun with that older Jurassic Park builder game, so if all they do is update the graphics/UI and throw in content from the newer movies, I'm interested.  

News Comments > The Crew 2 Closed Beta Keys
2. Re: The Crew 2 Closed Beta Keys Jun 2, 2018, 13:17 jacobvandy

I played this last night, and aside from the really awful "story" cutscenes, it's pretty much what I was expecting from a sequel. They give you a taste of all the rookie-level disciplines (off-road, street, speed boats, and stunt planes) and it looks like there are 2-3 others in each of those four categories that unlock as you rank up. The on-the-fly vehicle swap between land/sea/air is pretty neat, but I hope there are actual race events which allow that, rather than it just being a free-roam convenience.  

News Comments > Warhammer: Chaosbane Announced
4. Re: Warhammer: Chaosbane Announced Jun 1, 2018, 15:29 jacobvandy

LOC wrote on Jun 1, 2018, 14:41:
Warhammer 40K Inquisitor Martyr is an ARPG and its been out in EA for months now (getting close to final release). Its from the Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing devs, so yeah. Chaosbane is not the first ARPG set in that universe.

Warhammer 40K is the sci-fi universe, regular Warhammer is medieval fantasy.

News Comments > Fallout Tease?
9. Re: Fallout Tease? May 29, 2018, 23:52 jacobvandy

Of course I'd prefer a new game from a third-party dev, but a FO3 re-release on its 10th anniversary seems more likely. I'd probably buy that for Switch if it has motion aiming.  

News Comments > Apple on Steam Link iOS Rejection
6. Re: Apple on Steam Link iOS Rejection May 27, 2018, 15:00 jacobvandy

It sounds like they're holding the home streaming app, acting solely as a proxy/relay for a program running on another computer, to the same "guidelines" as the Steam mobile app itself. I'm curious to know if this is standard Apple fuckery, like what other streaming apps have to deal with, or if they're specifically trying to put the screws to Valve. Because I'm pretty sure Gabe would just tell them to shove it up their ass.  

News Comments > Tencent and Grinding Gear
14. Re: Tencent and Grinding Gears May 21, 2018, 14:11 jacobvandy

Beamer wrote on May 21, 2018, 12:47:
Tencent also owns parts of Epic, Blizzard, Frontier, PUBG, Ubisoft, Spotify, and I'm sure I'm missing more games-related ones.

None of those are majority stakes, though. The only others I'm seeing that have been completely bought out are Riot Games (League of Legends) and Supercell (Clash of Clans).

News Comments > Tencent and Grinding Gear
7. Re: Tencent and Grinding Gears May 21, 2018, 12:08 jacobvandy

Welp, that's what happens when you sell out... The fans who've supported you all along are gonna feel differently about you.  

News Comments > Diablo III Season 13 Ends Soon
5. Re: Diablo III Season 13 Ends Soon May 20, 2018, 20:25 jacobvandy

Totally agree, PoE is pretty good but they just can't compete with Blizzard polish, and that's what kept me playing D3 for a few thousand hours over the years compared to a few hundred in any other ARPG. I wouldn't be surprised if the total cost of developing Path of Exile is less than what Diablo 3 had put into its Art & Animation.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse May 19, 2018, 00:30 jacobvandy

Well I was kind of annoyed a week or so ago when they somehow sent a large, rather heavy package of mine through USPS, and our postal person is an older Asian lady maybe 5 feet tall and 100 pounds... This box must have taken up half of the total space in her truck and I had to help her carry it up to my apartment. Shit like that needs to go through the other carriers who are more equipped for it, with hand trucks and back braces and the employees who know going into it that they're gonna handle things like that. I mean, I shouldn't have to pitch in with some manual labor of my own just so Amazon can save a a buck or two on the shipping with these deals they're able to cut with a struggling government entity. Not saying they deserve to be "punished," but they might be taking some things too far.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. May 18, 2018, 21:06 jacobvandy

HorrorScope wrote on May 18, 2018, 20:10:
The funny thing is someone actually thinks this is really Valves doings. Somewhere someone has either called them or has warned them about potential liabilities. As the article stated, nudity is tough to manage where each country and state could have different regulations. Most business would love zero regulations, then you'd get it all, but that world has its own set of problems.

Exactly. The games sell and that's all Valve cares about. Companies don't do things that will cost them unless not doing those things would cost them even more. Whether it's due to legal liability or enough complaints from "Mothers Against Cartoon Boobies" or whoever, this is Valve being compelled to conform to the world we live in.

News Comments > State of Decay 2 Reviews
37. Re: State of Decay 2 Reviews May 17, 2018, 18:21 jacobvandy

HorrorScope wrote on May 17, 2018, 15:58:
Peter M. Smith wrote on May 17, 2018, 14:19:
Because my PS3 is a specialty computer it's acceptable to deal with running at a required OS level. But because my PC is a general use computer it's not acceptable to deal with running at a required OS level?

I'm a little different than Dark's on this... It's BS to on the PSx if the update doesn't truly have a critical reason why it needs to be applied for a game to play. It's BS there to, feel any better about that?

It is definitely BS on consoles, the only reason they do that is to deter piracy.

News Comments > State of Decay 2 Reviews
17. Re: State of Decay 2 Reviews May 17, 2018, 12:52 jacobvandy

Well good, by the time they're done trying to push their store and release it on Steam to really sell some copies, maybe the worst bugs will be patched.  

News Comments > Metro Exodus Delayed
13. Re: Metro Exodus Delayed May 16, 2018, 14:35 jacobvandy

Hopefully Todd Howard goes on stage again this year to announce something releasing a few months later.  

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Resumes Development
5. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Resumes Development May 15, 2018, 21:31 jacobvandy

Creston wrote on May 15, 2018, 20:33:
Is this from the actual guys who made the original Stalker, or is this from that gangle of clowns who pretended like they were somehow allowed to make a Stalker game, and steal its art etc, a few years back?

Nah, Sergiy is THE guy at GSC Game World. I don't remember the specifics, but I believe it was 100% his decision to put the sequel on hold back in the day and nobody could do anything about it because he owns everything. So the studio shut down and the rest of the guys went on to form their own and do Survarium (2018 me feels sorry for 2012 me hoping that'd be any good, lol). The clowns who took to Kickstarter in '14 trying to scam $50k for a spiritual successor were a whole different circus.

News Comments > RAGE 2 Announcement and Gameplay Trailer
15. Re: RAGE 2 Announcement and Gameplay Trailer May 15, 2018, 21:22 jacobvandy

Yup, looking good. But announcing it early makes me wonder what else they've got in store for their E3 show.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews May 15, 2018, 13:51 jacobvandy

He says nothing about the Avengers game, BTW, in case anyone else was thinking about wasting their time skimming through that VB dreck.  

News Comments > Boss Key Closed
27. Re: Boss Key Closed May 14, 2018, 23:09 jacobvandy

Careers are ended over single dumb remarks all the time, at least Cliffy was able to continue working in the industry. But you can't expect that bridge you burned to be there when the big console makers don't care about you anymore and you resort to making PC games again... It wasn't until then, after founding Boss Key, that he decided "oh shit, I should probably apologize to these people before I ask them to buy my next game."  

4291 Comments. 215 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo