Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for jacobvandy

Real Name jacobvandy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jacobvandy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 1, 2011, 00:49
Total Comments 3702 (Veteran)
User ID 56195

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Interviews
4. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 15, 2016, 15:14 jacobvandy

The appeal of the little machine coming out next month though is that you don't need a computer or anything, just a TV with HDMI. It will have save states, too. So even some of the small fraction of the Nintendo audience that pirates ROMs will be interested.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 13, 2016, 19:05 jacobvandy

BobBob wrote on Oct 13, 2016, 17:45:
Grr ..

So eBay has a 100% guarantee, but wait, stop ... not so fast. Seller sends me wrong item. I message seller. No response. I request return. Seller sends me a return label. Zero communication. No apology. Nothing.

I call eBay .. So basically, not only did I get the wrong item, in order to get my money back, I must get a new envelope, tape it up, drive to the post office (costing time and gas money) and then return it myself. Their suggestion is to leave the seller feedback. That's it? No credit for loss of money - gas and envelope - and inconvenience?

Never again ... Going to use Amazon or a direct online store -- with a solid customer service reputation -- in the future.

There are some things you have to go to eBay for, but in general, yeah... Amazon is really great with returns these days. All you have to do is put whatever is wrong or damaged back in the packaging it came in and UPS will pick it up for free. You don't even have to put a label on, they bring that with them.

Torch that seller's feedback rep and don't look back!

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 Trailer
7. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Trailer Oct 12, 2016, 23:23 jacobvandy

I'm pre-ordered and ready to go tomorrow morning! Wish there were a pre-load, but it doesn't look like it's gonna be too huge of a download... specs call for 14 gigs of space.  

News Comments > Diablo III Season 8 Details
3. Re: Diablo III Season 8 Details Oct 12, 2016, 23:20 jacobvandy

It won't take you more than 20-30 hours total to complete the entire season journey if you know what you're doing... I started season 7 toying around with a Crusader hammer build and then started leveling a Wizard, but then I ended up getting distracted by other games and didn't come back until they announced it was ending. So I switched back to my old friend the DH and was up to T10 with all the Marauder's pieces I was finding in no time, literally like 6-8 hours after leveling to 70. Then I put together a UE set and was able to push GR75 solo and run through rifts fast enough to knock out that 4-minute T13 challenge with just a little luck in the mob types/density.

There is a bit of an advantage in already having a high-level character providing some materials, but if I'd just gone with DH to start with and gotten the UE set for free, that'd have saved me just as much time, I think. Anyway, really hoping for a major Diablo announcement from BlizzCon... I saw they're hyping the 20th anniversary of the franchise, so I imagine if they're prepping an expansion or sequel they'd capitalize on that timing.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 8, 2016, 18:16 jacobvandy

Ozmodan wrote on Oct 8, 2016, 16:56:
Any idiot can put write any nonsense on the internet and someone will publish it. That story on the Centauri planet is absurd. A planet that revolves around a sun in 11 days will have an immense amount of radiation it is being subjected to. Secondly the planet is much larger than the earth, good luck trying to walk on it and even if you could, you could never go out in daylight or be fried from the radiation.

Even Mars is immensely more habitable than this joke of a planet.

What more could you expect from an article with 'shocking' as an adjective in the title?

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Oct 2, 2016, 15:42 jacobvandy

I'm sorry, but no. The regular price of the special edition has always been $50, as the standard edition's has always been $40. They've had 90% discounts before, though, see here for the history: https://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/price?plain=shadowwarriorspecialedition

13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 1, 2016, 23:36 jacobvandy

mag wrote on Oct 1, 2016, 22:57:
Bees added to US endangered species list for the first time

Well that is pretty terrifying.

It is a big problem and we need to be doing more about it, however "bees" in general aren't officially endangered yet. The article refers to seven species from Hawaii being the first to make the list, but there are thousands of types of bees across NA.

News Comments > Diablo III Stress Test
7. Re: Diablo III Stress Test Aug 26, 2016, 13:23 jacobvandy

Linksil wrote on Aug 26, 2016, 12:21:
I think the 2000% buff is in part just to stress the servers with extra drops.

I love beta testing and such, but with D3 it's not like it's new content. All you get out of this is hearing that Legendary noise over and over.

Yeah, I've played on the PTR briefly a couple times with this sort of buff enabled... It's fun for about 10 minutes, but if you play long enough to get used to a leg dropping from every other mob, it'll just make you get bored of the real game.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
9. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 23, 2016, 14:27 jacobvandy

A lot of it is people getting [back] into the proper games, too, with 3DS sales exploding last month. Not only was it #1 in hardware, but 2-3 year old Pokemon games filled four slots of the top 20 in software. I'm sure they're raking it in with pre-sales of the new ones coming out this November, on top of that.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 17, 2016, 19:54 jacobvandy

So Hulkster will be getting paid after all! Good for him.  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 17, 2016, 19:51 jacobvandy

Yup, if you can't break the glass, you have to wait until the car fills up with water before the door will open. Thanks Mythbusters!  

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Sequel Plans?
12. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Sequel Plans? Aug 14, 2016, 17:19 jacobvandy

Jerykk wrote on Aug 14, 2016, 15:29:
If they do make a sequel, it will probably be a 2D, isometric affair (which I'm perfectly fine with). I don't think Paradox has the money to make a 3D, FPS RPG hybrid.

Lol, well aside from the fact that there are a myriad of top-tier 3D game engines available these days for free or next to no cost that enable ragtag garage outfits or even solo devs to make something that rivals the technical aspects of the original Bloodlines... Paradox is rolling in dough after the success of Stellaris this summer. It grossed upwards of $20m in its first month alone, and who knows how much since then. Plus if they need more, I'm sure they could raise millions in crowdfunding.

If they make a 2D/isometric VtM game, it will be by choice. Nothing is stopping them from doing a 3D FPS/RPG.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
5. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 13, 2016, 13:50 jacobvandy

Ozmodan wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 01:21:
What kind of idiot does a study like that? And people wonder why there are so many fruitcakes in academia.

Many of these "a new study shows" stories are simply making shit up, and there wasn't actually a study. Hard to believe, I know.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 9, 2016, 16:55 jacobvandy

jdreyer wrote on Aug 9, 2016, 15:00:
Your 'intimate personal massager' cough is spying on you

a U-shaped vibrator that can be controlled via Bluetooth using a remote control or a smartphone app.

Y'know, I'm kinda thinking that Bluetooth for a vibrator is probably unnecessary. Aren't your hands already predisposed?

The person on the other end of the Bluetooth is generally not the one wearing the device. It's not about convenience, it's about being remote-controlled. Probably not in private, either.

News Comments > Rocket League Adding Rumble Mode
7. Re: Rocket League Adding Rumble Mode Aug 8, 2016, 14:59 jacobvandy

You misinfer, I think the new mode looks awesome and I'm looking forward to playing it with friends. Don't know what hockey or hoops have to do with it, either. I have not played Strikers, which is why I didn't comment on that.

I said it's not going to be a MK Battle mode, because after the novelty of "hurr durr, taste my boot/glove/plunger!" wears thin, the power ups will be used tactically as they're meant to be, in the aid of scoring points. Just like when new players dog pile the ball in a corner of the arena, so eager to push it around and contest opponents' control that they don't realize they're not really accomplishing anything. Over time you start to see the bigger picture and don't bother wasting time on that kind of nonsense.

News Comments > Rocket League Adding Rumble Mode
5. Re: Rocket League Adding Rumble Mode Aug 8, 2016, 14:22 jacobvandy

Eh, there are a few things that affect your opponents, but going by that list it's mostly ways to manipulate the ball. They'll open up a lot of new crazy strategies for both offense and defense, and it'll be fun figuring them out and learning to use them effectively, but I don't see it becoming that much of a Mario Kart battle mode. It's still a game about scoring goals, so if you're spending all your time harassing the other cars, you're probably not helping with that very much.  

News Comments > Xbox One Controller Windows Issues
31. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 8, 2016, 02:51 jacobvandy

Slick wrote on Aug 8, 2016, 02:21:
Who isn't using the DS4 controller for everything controller-related? It's my fav by far, works with bluetooth just fine. Some games you have to run input mapper, no setup required, just run the app and go.

Although maybe that's too much work for some people on here *BOOM* SICK BURN

Dualshock has always been too stubby for me, far less comfortable than an Xbox controller, though they may have finally improved on that with the latest version (I've still not upgraded to a PS4 yet, so I dunno). Plus I've never been a fan of reaching down for the left thumbstick... That design made at least a little sense when a lot of games still used the D-pad for movement or other primary functions, but the placements should have been swapped when that was no longer the case. It's just plain dumb stubbornness for it to still be that way today.

Those are the main reasons I've never even considered hooking one up to my PC... Otherwise, I think R1/L1 are better than Xbox bumpers, but R2/L2 are pretty shitty triggers by comparison (another thing which might be different now, but the legacy still plays into my disinterest). The Xbone controller improved in the areas it needed to over the 360's - hat switch garbage gone, no more protruding battery pack with a spring-loaded button that comes loose over time, better grip on the sticks - so I'm pretty satisfied with it. The fact that it works seamlessly with most games without the need for third-party utilities is just a bonus.

News Comments > Valve Combating Cheating
7. Re: Valve Combating Cheating Aug 6, 2016, 17:53 jacobvandy

I've seen loads of comments about this story from people bitching that it might impact them gifting games to their friends. Because if you gift a game to someone and they're banned for cheating while playing it, you are then barred from gifting that game to anyone else. But I figure... Maybe you should get better friends if you think that will be a problem for you.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 5, 2016, 17:35 jacobvandy

Rekt. He'd have to sell a medal to cover that.  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
6. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 3, 2016, 17:42 jacobvandy

Yes, Exanima is the name of the game on Steam. Backers have had keys for more than a year, or it costs $15. Last I checked that was an early preview demo, though; I'm not sure how much they've added to it or if owning that entitles you to the full game once it's finished.  

3702 Comments. 186 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo