Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for jacobvandy

Real Name jacobvandy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jacobvandy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 1, 2011, 00:49
Total Comments 4417 (Master)
User ID 56195

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Week Earns $7M
6. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Earns $7M Dec 2, 2018, 14:57 jacobvandy

Earlyworm wrote on Dec 2, 2018, 14:28:
so.. they have revenue 2011 - 2018 for approximately the same amount as Fortnite brought in for the first 20 days of May this year. Why is the money spent on this game so hot topic?

I reckon it's because Fortnite is actually played by what's gotta be close to a billion people by now, a number that has steadily risen in the year and a half it's existed as a fully-playable game receiving frequent updates. Star Citizen has bilked an average of $95 out of a couple million weirdos with little more than promises throughout its crowdfunding campaign that has carried on for the better part of the last decade.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Nov 30, 2018, 03:12 jacobvandy

I think missing a verbal emphasis in that sentence left it open to some interpretation... He's not questioning who made the apps, but their quality.  

News Comments > Artifact Launches
4. Re: Artifact Launches Nov 29, 2018, 02:37 jacobvandy

Top 10 game on Steam (#4 currently), so you can't really say nobody is playing. We shall see if that holds.  

News Comments > Fallout 76 Update Plans
12. Re: Fallout 76 Update Plans Nov 27, 2018, 22:43 jacobvandy

robdot wrote on Nov 27, 2018, 20:06:
The personal weight limit needs some fix. Your always overweight,or your weapon is broken,or armor is broken, your hungry,your thirsty. Your encumbered. Your weapon is broken. Your armor is broken. Your hungry. Your thirsty. Your radiated. Your encumbered. Your weapon is broken. On and fucking on. This single aspect needs fixed before the game can be any fun at all.

Welcome to the survival game genre.. Constantly managing that kind of stuff is fun for some people. Makes you feel vulnerable and like you're struggling just to be alive, so then being fit enough to actually do stuff is more of an accomplishment. If it doesn't appeal to you, you should probably find something else to play.

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Nov 27, 2018, 09:22 jacobvandy

Wait, did you seriously think FO76 was supposed to be a proper sequel? They made it pretty clear from the moment it was announced that it's a multiplayer spin-off, a side project for them to poop out quickly while they work on their next actual RPG. I guess that's why people are so disappointed, if they didn't know that...

This comment was edited on Nov 27, 2018, 09:41.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 26, 2018, 11:01 jacobvandy

Cyber Monday is pretty lame, like Steam sales without the flash deals. Although I did see a few of the game discounts at Best buy persisted (most were reduced), and today my gamer's club discount stacks on that when it didn't on Friday. So that's kind of nice.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
2. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 24, 2018, 22:26 jacobvandy

You gotta be pret-ty lonely to wanna live with any one of those, let alone all three. I wouldn't take any advice from that sort of lunatic.  

News Comments > CDPR Aims for RDR2 Refinement in Cyberpunk 2077
3. Re: CDPR Aims for RDR2 Refinement in Cyberpunk 2077 Nov 24, 2018, 14:36 jacobvandy

User scores are far from accurate, so long as droves of no-life turd burglars use them as a platform to express political opinions rather than comment on the quality of the game itself... And then another huge portion of the rest of them are either 10s from people who like it or 0s from people who don't. There is very little objectivity on display there, whereas the critics at least pretend to have some.

Case in point, RDR2 user reviews are full of submissions like this:

1 - Really good game , but it's unavailable on PC. I can't understand why Rockstar didn't release it on PC , they could have a lot of profit from this

Others give similar scores for not having voiced dialog in their native language, not running native 4K resolution, not having enough action, having clunky controls... these are legitimate complaints, but giving a 0/10 score for them (often while praising other aspects of the game) just makes you look like a baby throwing a tantrum.

News Comments > The Crew 2 November Vehicle Drop
2. Re: The Crew 2 November Vehicle Drop Nov 22, 2018, 03:46 jacobvandy

Don't bother, this game is to its predecessor as Dirt 2 & 3 were to Dirt 1. Doesn't surprise me that wheel support is lacking when they are so clearly not targeting that sort of player.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 19, 2018, 10:18 jacobvandy

They're radon detectors.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2018, 16:34 jacobvandy

I recently saw a message in my spam folder pretending to be from my own email address, and their "proof" of this was mentioning a really old password they got from one of those leaked credential dumps. They say they've already infected my PC with untraceable malware and threaten to tell all my contacts of the shady and disgusting things I look at or do online unless they receive like 1000 bucks in BTC within 48 hours of opening the email... Lmao.  

News Comments > HELLGATE: London Calling
7. Re: HELLGATE: London Calling Nov 16, 2018, 21:30 jacobvandy

Rhett wrote on Nov 16, 2018, 19:47:
I tried this newest release. It's the same old game, just zero multiplayer capacity sadly.

It plays alright, had no technical issues to speak of. It's just very archaic.

Loot was also seemingly excessive, perhaps bumped because it's SP-only.

The amount of loot is the same as I remember 10 years ago, including the old-school style of dropping lots of items for classes other than the one you're playing. They may have added some new systems and content that give you extra stuff, but in terms of what pops out of the usual monsters and breakable containers, nothing's really changed that I've noticed.

And in terms of graphics, this version actually looks significantly worse than the original... The new owners definitely cut down on the asset quality for the F2P version so even the shittiest system could run it. Hopefully there are some texture mods that come out for it, at least.

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Morning Patches Nov 16, 2018, 12:21 jacobvandy

I was playing some STW yesterday and noticed the horrid performance, so a hotfix would be great!

Aaaand it's gone... The fix was reverted because they introduced a more serious crashing issue in their haste.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 15, 2018, 21:17 jacobvandy

It'll be weird not having a Sony at E3, but after that shit show they put on this year, maybe not putting on a conference is for the best... Just watching standalone trailers would be preferable to sitting through a bunch of performance art with multiple 5-10 minute cutaways to some awful commentators making small talk, while they herd those poor attendees around to different venues like cattle. Seems kind of petty and/or knee-jerkish to skip the event entirely, though, when they could do what Nintendo does and substitute a pre-recorded video for the live presser while still being there on the floor.  

News Comments > Command & Conquer Remaster Details
19. Re: Command & Conquer Remaster Details Nov 15, 2018, 09:56 jacobvandy

warmbluelasers wrote on Nov 15, 2018, 07:15:
How are they going to salvage the FMV cutscenes? All the CG stuff can be redone from the bottom up, but for me the cheesy FMV trying hard to be serious and gritty is what made the games for me. Time will tell.

Great point, the FMV is what defined C&C as far as I'm concerned. Unless the original recordings are still around somewhere, they'd have to re-do them, and the chances of that going well are pretty slim... More likely they'll do CGI cutscenes or be rid of them altogether, and that would suck.

News Comments > MS Acquires Obsidian and inXile
4. Re: MS Acquires Obsidian and inXile Nov 11, 2018, 13:56 jacobvandy

I will be very surprised if anything good comes out of this. But even then I won't be playing it because it'll be Xbox Store exclusive... We'll probably be lucky to see anything they've been working on leading up to this come out okay, like Wasteland 3.

P.S. I think inXile should have to change their name now.

News Comments > Artifact Tournament and Pre-Purchases Begin
13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 11, 2018, 13:19 jacobvandy

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Nov 11, 2018, 01:36:
any interest I had in this instantly went out the window when I saw it is just a vehicle to sell $1.99 virtual card packs.

Hard fucking pass.

The card packs are peanuts compared to collectors exchanging individual cards for up to hundreds or thousands of dollars for the rarest ones, which I'm sure will happen. Valve will get 15% of every one of those transactions.

4. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 10, 2018, 01:54 jacobvandy

More like those who are impacted by game developers finally ditching support for 32-bit operating systems. The Wii was the last home console that did not support HD resolution, so anyone watching Netflix on it in 2018 is still enduring black bars or cropping off 1/3 of the picture for most content... That's a completely different era they're clinging to.  

2. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 9, 2018, 16:02 jacobvandy

Oh, they're all coming out of the woodwork, now. I saw that story on Reddit and there were a bunch of comments from people who can't believe they're gonna be forced to find some other way to watch Netflix, or that after 10+ years they might as well throw their Wii away now since that's all they were using it for... Basically the type of people who were upset when CDs and DVDs replaced cassette tapes and VHS.  

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Nov 9, 2018, 13:12 jacobvandy

ldonyo wrote on Nov 9, 2018, 11:25:
Said "major sports title" probably gained more than $21 million in sales for not having Denuvo fucking up the game.

So you're saying there are more conspiracy nuts stalwart protesters of this DRM than there are people willing to pirate it? I don't believe that for a second.

4417 Comments. 221 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo