Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for jacobvandy

Real Name jacobvandy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jacobvandy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 1, 2011, 00:49
Total Comments 3335 (Veteran)
User ID 56195

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 11, 2015, 17:54 jacobvandy

Kxmode wrote on Oct 11, 2015, 17:48:
Why is MGS5 always written in caps? "METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN"

Because it's from JAPAN.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battleborn Beta Invites
11. Re: Battleborn Beta Invites Oct 11, 2015, 12:30 jacobvandy

How the hell does a MOBA shooter take up 70GB?  

News Comments > The Park Trailer
5. Re: The Park Trailer Oct 10, 2015, 01:59 jacobvandy

MajorD wrote on Oct 9, 2015, 11:12:
Looks like some inspiration came from L4D2 'Dark Carnival' campaign....I kept waiting for a horde of zombies to come rushing out from somewhere.

I don't know if they mention it in the video or not, but they had already designed this haunted theme park for their MMO, The Secret World. So you just flesh it out some, ditch the more overt encounters suited for an action-RPG to be replaced with additional spooky atmosphere, and BAM, you have an indie horror game. Here's some footage that shows what it looked like before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmaZV6db9I0

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Game of the Year Edition Released
10. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Game of the Year Edition Released Oct 7, 2015, 02:13 jacobvandy

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 20:58:
Rattlehead wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 20:22:
It's never going to Steam, ever, the entire point of Origin is to compete with Steam. Also, you really can't simply remember that EA games are opened with Origin?

That's not really the reason DAI is not on Steam. Many EA games are still on Steam. The ones that are not are the ones where EA do not want to subject themselves to Valve's TOS which disallow selling DLC via links from within the game, thus bypassing Valve's 30% cut.
Actually, since the GOTY of DAI is a complete bundle, there is a certain chance it might eventually make it to Steam one day.

EA hasn't released a game of theirs on Steam since early 2011, when Dead Space 2, Crysis 2, and Dragon Age 2 came out. They took a stand on the policy you're referring to by pulling Crysis 2 and Dragon Age 2 from Steam upon the release of their DLCs. Then Battlefield 3 was the first "killer app" for Origin later that year. Every EA release since then has been Origin exclusive, whether they involve DLC or not (though let's be frank, I can't think of one that hasn't). Only a few third-party games published by EA have been released on Steam since then, like Kingdoms of Amalur, Alice: Madness Returns, and Bejeweled 3, but even those were years ago.

EA simply does not release on Steam at all anymore. Crysis 2 is the only instance I can think of where a GOTY Edition-like package later made it to Steam, when the base game was not available. Again, years ago, and there have been many releases since then that could have benefited from that treatment. I see little to no reason to expect such a miracle with DA:I.

This comment was edited on Oct 7, 2015, 02:21.

News Comments > Far Cry Primal Announced
4. Re: Far Cry Primal Announced Oct 6, 2015, 13:12 jacobvandy

There won't be any dinos, as far as I can tell. They're doing the Stone Age a little more realistically than The Flinstones.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2015, 12:24 jacobvandy

Far Cry: Primal in March

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU0tlaY9ZGI

News Comments > Ubisoft Teasing Something; Maybe Far Cry Primal?
20. Re: Ubisoft Teasing Something; Maybe Far Cry Primal? Oct 6, 2015, 12:24 jacobvandy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU0tlaY9ZGI  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 5, 2015, 16:57 jacobvandy

Verno wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 10:13:
Its by revenue, not sales units. CS:GO is incredibly popular and its marketplace sells a lot of shit, they have no need to rig anything.

There's no way it counts Marketplace revenues in there. If it did, Dota 2 and TF2 would have to be in that top three every week, as well. This is people actually buying CS:GO.

News Comments > CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit
128. Re: CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit Oct 5, 2015, 16:49 jacobvandy

HAHAHAHAHA Rotfl

This is getting better by the day. Shut your fucking mouth already, Roberts.

News Comments > No Man's Sky on Late Show
6. Re: No Man's Sky on Late Show Oct 4, 2015, 14:36 jacobvandy

Forget No Man's Sky... The real story is we have a GAME DEVELOPER being seriously interviewed on a late night talk show. I'm sure a bunch of old codgers were bored or confused, but this is it, we've made it!  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 3, 2015, 16:30 jacobvandy

I can't wait for winter, the heater in our apartment went almost completely untouched last year and it's so nice paying only 20-25% of the summer months' electric bill to balance it out some. Blankets and high-powered electronics are plenty enough to keep it comfortable.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
6. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Oct 3, 2015, 16:18 jacobvandy

Quboid wrote on Oct 3, 2015, 14:23:
I think they mean than GOOGL will no longer exist (i.e. publicly traded shares in Google), to be replaced by shares called whatever Alphabet is to be labelled.

Not unless I'm misinterpreting this somehow, from the CEO himself:

Alphabet Inc. will replace Google Inc. as the publicly-traded entity and all shares of Google will automatically convert into the same number of shares of Alphabet, with all of the same rights. Google will become a wholly-owned subsidiary of Alphabet. Our two classes of shares will continue to trade on Nasdaq as GOOGL and GOOG.

The title/opening line of the article is the only original writing done by that outlet, and it's just completely wrong...

This comment was edited on Oct 3, 2015, 16:23.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Oct 3, 2015, 14:19 jacobvandy

If you don't care to trudge through a whole page of shitty writing to get to the punchline... An electrical engineer started playing the game and noticed all sorts of shit wrong with the way they depicted transformers and substations, etc., along with there being no actual source of power generation. Techland attributed it to post-apocalyptic ingenuity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzVHPHYEYwI  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Oct 3, 2015, 13:39 jacobvandy

And the most retarded headline of the day is!...

Google isn't going away or changing. Alphabet is a new parent company of which Google and its related products will be a subsidiary. They'd have to be fucking morons to try to rebrand the search engine now (beyond altering the font a bit).

News Comments > Titanfall Passes 10M [Updated]
7. Re: Titanfall Passes 10M Oct 3, 2015, 13:20 jacobvandy

Well there you go! It's not hard to get 10 million people to try your game when you're giving it away for free, just look at the Android and iOS app stores...  

News Comments > Titanfall Passes 10M [Updated]
4. Re: Titanfall Passes 10M Sales Oct 3, 2015, 12:48 jacobvandy

I'm sure it is, which is why he neglected to mention anything else along with the figure. What's the deal with that, by the way? Is there a free trial or can a bunch of people sign in on the same console or what?  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
16. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 2, 2015, 18:11 jacobvandy

For those of you knee-jerking at the title rather than RTFA, they know it's expensive, and that's a decision they're making to try to be the best VR headset. However, they're not the only VR headset being developed. There will be other cheaper options, meaning they could decide to charge $1000 for the Rift and that doesn't necessarily spell the death of the technology...  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2015, 14:30 jacobvandy

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 10:39:
Terminator Genisys was only good because of nostalgia for the originals. The spin off alternate timelines was good.

What wasn't good was most of the plot and horrible new villain Terminator which absolutely sucked at terminating..

Terminator is like Aliens franchise to me now.. Just cranking out SHIT to milk everything.

The new villain was not a terminator in the sense that his only goal is to kill people. It was pretty plainly put that he was more interested in assimilating Sarah and Kyle than killing them. With Skynet in him, he was batshit insane, but he still had that human emotion holding him back until the end when he realized they were about to succeed. In a way it's even more frightening, like he's not gonna kill you, but WTF is he gonna do when he gets you?

At any rate, they've already rehashed the Terminator plot too many times. What would they do in a sequel to Genisys, go back in time again, this time just a little bit further still, with Skynet trying to kill Sarah's parent(s)? Then new-and-improved Arnie robot can go kill the parents of the guy who makes Skynet, etc. etc. in a loop until Terminator 23: I Told You I'd Be Back Again, where Skynet makes a killer dino-centaur robot with an Arnold torso to exterminate the very first homo sapiens, and its infinitely recursive termination algorithms have taken up so much of its memory that it doesn't realize until it's too late that it indirectly terminated itself. Then the marsupials inherit Earth, the end.

News Comments > Star Citizen Employees "Speak Out"
56. Re: Star Citizen Employees Oct 1, 2015, 23:05 jacobvandy

Lol, "doxing." What are the odds on CR and family having posted that information publicly themselves in one way or another? Pretty fuckin' high if they're anything like the average internet-using American. Way to water down the meaning of the term for dramatic effect, like anyone with a shitty password claiming they were "hacked."  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 1, 2015, 17:00 jacobvandy

jdreyer wrote on Oct 1, 2015, 16:23:
Another mass shooting.

But let's not talk about gun control, because that would be impolite.

I suppose you know more about this case than has been reported? Pray tell exactly what kind of gun control you want and how it would have prevented this from happening.

3335 Comments. 167 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo