Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for jacobvandy

Real Name jacobvandy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jacobvandy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 1, 2011, 00:49
Total Comments 4481 (Master)
User ID 56195

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Epic Mega Sale
12. Re: Epic Mega Sale May 16, 2019, 11:17 jacobvandy

Hardly epic or mega as far as deals go, but at least they tried.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 14, 2019, 10:17 jacobvandy

Burrito of Peace wrote on May 14, 2019, 08:32:
RedEye9 wrote on May 13, 2019, 21:21:
Dangit, I gotta change my depends after reading about that x570 mb, it's gonna look sweat on my RGB desk with my RGB coffee cup and RGB stapler.

Pffft, noob. You need an RGB trimmed monitor, RGB pen holder, RGB pencil sharpner, RGB paperclip holder, RGB tape dispenser, and RGB printer.

That sounds like the desk of a geezer noob alright, lol. Nobody uses paper at home anymore.

News Comments > Rage 2 Reviews
7. Re: Rage 2 Reviews May 13, 2019, 10:58 jacobvandy

Initial reviews for Days Gone weren't very good either, but I loved that game. Sometimes these sites are in such a rush to farm clicks from a new release that they shit out an opinion whether or not it's been fully considered by someone who even cares to play the thing.  

News Comments > RAGE 2 Roadmap
15. Re: RAGE 2 Roadmap May 12, 2019, 22:49 jacobvandy

Yeah... I'm pretty sure they've used roadmaps all this time. Update-hungry gamers demanding to see it so they can know what will be added and when post-launch is new.  

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed May 11, 2019, 14:26 jacobvandy

Goldeneye on N64 had the dual-stick, dual-trigger FPS control scheme in '97. It just required you hold two of those controllers.  

News Comments > Ghost Recon Breakpoint an Epic Games Store Exclusive
12. Re: Ghost Recon Breakpoint an Epic Games Store Exclusive May 10, 2019, 11:35 jacobvandy

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on May 10, 2019, 11:13:
dajunka wrote on May 10, 2019, 10:59:
I know choosing Epic as a outlet was a clever trick to get people to buy from U-play direct, but they really should stay clear of Epic. It does noting but harm to a reputation they have been trying to build up over the years.
Touch Epic and forever smell of s***.

well if they sold it on the Uplay you would have a point...

It's all over the front page of store.ubi.com... This game is not EGS exclusive, it's just paid Steam exclusion.

News Comments > Titan Quest Atlantis Expansion Released
4. Re: Titan Quest Atlantis Expansion Released May 9, 2019, 21:21 jacobvandy

Well as you can imagine, the IP was sucked into the void when THQ folded. That's why the original devs, mainly the lead designer, went on to make Grim Dawn as a spiritual successor; they wanted to do a sequel but couldn't work out the licensing. These other guys managed to get hold of the rights and re-released it, and now apparently are adding new stuff. I haven't felt the need to re-visit it though, having spent a few hundred hours with GD already, which is also getting a new expansion soon.  

News Comments > EA Financials
8. Re: EA Financials May 7, 2019, 22:14 jacobvandy

That's a lot of yapping about growth when the actual numbers show their profits are down compared to last year. And then their projection for next year shows profits will remain at almost exactly the same level as this year, except for a "one-time tax benefit" of $1.5 billion to inflate it. Basically a shell game, where they've put in for a transfer of ownership of some IP(s) overseas to their Swiss HQ (which is not yet final).  

News Comments > etc.
15. Re: etc. May 6, 2019, 18:58 jacobvandy

Randy with his delusions of grandeur does not determine where the game is going to be sold. 2K announced when the game was revealed that it's Epic exclusive for 6 months and then will be sold elsewhere. They didn't specify where yet, but Steam is a safe bet, along with wherever else Borderlands and other 2K titles are currently available.  

News Comments > MORDHAU Release Stream
3. Re: MORDHAU Release Stream May 5, 2019, 21:10 jacobvandy

Slick wrote on May 5, 2019, 20:05:
It's pretty fun, but it can be very frustrating at times. It's nice to find something new to learn. Recommend footman as your first class and just spam thrust.

So it's exactly like Chivalry.

News Comments > RAGE 2 System Requirements
6. Re: RAGE 2 System Requirements May 3, 2019, 12:32 jacobvandy

Why does it require a persistent internet connection, I wonder?  

News Comments > Morning Previews
6. Re: Morning Previews May 2, 2019, 14:30 jacobvandy

Randy is on something he shouldn't be and/or off something he should... which isn't a new thing, but developing BL3 behind closed doors stopped his nonsense from spewing all over the place for a blessed while. Maybe he should get started on the next game sooner rather than later.  

News Comments > Epic Games Store Freebies Will Continue Throughout 2019
3. Re: Epic Games Store Freebies Will Continue Throughout 2019 May 2, 2019, 10:57 jacobvandy

25 million installs of the ten or so freebies they've done so far? How many millions of users do they have again?  

News Comments > ANNO 1800 Off to a Record Start
6. Re: ANNO 1800 Off to a Record Start Apr 30, 2019, 00:46 jacobvandy

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 29, 2019, 17:55:
I haven't picked it up yet, but will as soon as gmg has it back in stock. Not sure how a digital code can go "out of stock" but it's been like this for weeks.

I'm glad the game is doing well. I've had fun with the beta

Third party sites do not have key generators, they have to acquire batches of codes from publishers same as retailers get shipments of physical copies.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 29, 2019, 20:19 jacobvandy

jdreyer wrote on Apr 29, 2019, 18:58:
Samsung thinks millennials want vertical TVs.

Rocket launches and long document editing. That's the only time you should use a vertical screen.

Humans evolved as plains dwellers. Viewing the world in landscape mode is our default setting.

Beyond the clickbait headline, they explain this new TV rotates to support horizontal or vertical, which is meant for embiggulating things from your smartphone screen/camera. A niche usage befitting its place in Samsung's line of designer TVs that cost 5x the normal price because they're made to look nice even when not in use, like high-end furniture.

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Apr 28, 2019, 12:04 jacobvandy

They're always full of snark, just read any page of their website. The FAQ for Satisfactory is particularly silly and generally unhelpful.  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
17. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 22, 2019, 19:34 jacobvandy

Creston wrote on Apr 22, 2019, 18:23:
MacLeod wrote on Apr 22, 2019, 15:40:
NKD wrote on Apr 22, 2019, 15:36:
MacLeod wrote on Apr 22, 2019, 12:28:
Man, how I've come to hate the term waifu.

Was it ever a good and useful term?

No. Truth be told, I always hated it, but now it seems to bleed out of the anime community and into general internet parlance, it's even more annoying.

I thought it just meant anime chick?

Only the ones you like-like.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 22, 2019, 10:37 jacobvandy

Lol, the trailer is actually kinda funny, they're definitely lampooning Mass Effect.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Apr 21, 2019, 11:16 jacobvandy

Drath71 wrote on Apr 21, 2019, 10:45:
MrBone wrote on Apr 21, 2019, 08:25:
When you smokers end up with lung cancer I pity your last days struggling to breathe until you choke to death. That is a horrific way to die. Having seen it, I would ask that you stay away from putting smoke in your lungs.

Funny how the horrible, capitalistic greedy cigarette companies encouraged smoking, and how evil they were.
But now, pot is awesome, no no harmful effects at all, hey let's legalized it everywhere. Anyone who tells you otherwise is wrong. And we're not like those evil companies at all, because we care about your health.

Marlboro Greens are coming, guaranteed. And they'll be stuffed full of additives same as their tobacco cigs.

News Comments > In Defense of Aliens Announced
4. Re: In Defense of Aliens Announced Apr 17, 2019, 16:35 jacobvandy

ForgedReality wrote on Apr 17, 2019, 10:23:
Why's it called "In Defense of Aliens"? Isn't the exact opposite happening here?

'Defending Cute & Cuddly Aliens from Mean & Scary Aliens' isn't quite as catchy.

4481 Comments. 225 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo