Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for jacobvandy

Real Name jacobvandy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jacobvandy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 1, 2011, 00:49
Total Comments 3476 (Veteran)
User ID 56195

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2017, 00:43 jacobvandy

For this, but I'll save everyone the time: http://assets1.ignimgs.com/2016/04/07/mon-mothmajpg-6523e8_765w.jpg  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Free Content
1. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Free Content Jan 6, 2017, 21:18 jacobvandy

Nice! I just picked it up during the sale and will start playing soon, so this is good timing.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 6, 2017, 18:19 jacobvandy

Yeah, they did a great job making her look the part.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 6, 2017, 17:29 jacobvandy

Uh, no, Mon Mothma was not CGI, lol. The actress' name is Genevieve O’Reilly, and it's actually the second time she's played the character. She appeared in a scene that was cut from Episode 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBGJTiyvd90  

News Comments > Diablo III Anniversary Patch
15. Re: Diablo III Anniversary Patch Jan 5, 2017, 19:00 jacobvandy

Okay, so the misunderstanding is their fault for writing it strangely, but it's still a misunderstanding.

There's nothing that took place from only Jan 1st through the 3rd. The precursor thing started on the 3rd and is still active, I assume through the whole month along with the actual anniversary event. So unless they plan on bringing this back next year or every year and the precursor will be only then... Still doesn't mean much, the precursor is rather pointless.

7. Re: Diablo III Anniversary Patch Jan 5, 2017, 00:33 jacobvandy

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 00:22:
Wow, they had mentioned the one month time limit before, but I foolishly thought they would come to their senses.

Now they say they are going to double down on that terrible idea, and make a 3 day event. ROFL. With their server issues? That should be great.

It's already the 4th, lol, so I'm not sure how you even thought that could be the case... But you're misunderstanding the bit about a little teaser "event" that went live yesterday, day before the patch. All that consists of are some unique enemies (re-colored cultists) that can spawn throughout Act I and drop pages of lore. There is an achievement for collecting them all, and that's literally all there is to that precursor "event."

5. Re: Diablo III Anniversary Patch Jan 5, 2017, 00:01 jacobvandy

nin wrote on Jan 4, 2017, 23:38:
I apparently missed the cow pet (somehow)?

Did you get the wooden leg? Salvage it.

1. Re: Diablo III Anniversary Patch Jan 4, 2017, 21:01 jacobvandy

Started a new character and ran through this anniversary dungeon earlier, no paragon points or crafting or even teleporting back to town at all... It's pretty cool! Lasted about an hour and a half that way, which is good because any longer and the novelty of it all would probably start to wear thin. All I've got left is running through a few more times to kill all the unique bosses for that achievement, which will be super fast with a fully-geared character.

I'm still disappointed it's just a temporary event, though, rather than a full-length remake. I guess I got my hopes up that first day the news was coming out from Blizzcon when info was limited, but it really didn't seem all that far-fetched. Maybe they'll let us keep RetroVision as a graphics option toggle?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Overclocking Records Set with 7th Gen Intel Core Processors Jan 4, 2017, 16:38 jacobvandy

Simon Says wrote on Jan 4, 2017, 15:51:
"Overclocking Records Set with 7th Gen Intel Core Processors"

Misleading title is misleading... The overclocking record still belongs to an old ass 32nm AMD CPU at circa 8.7ghz.

Source

Correct title would've been: "Single thread performance records set with..."

I disagree, there's nothing incorrect about that appropriately succinct headline. The mere fact that it states "records," plural, adequately conveys that there are many metrics by which overclocking success is measured, and so the false interpretation that they're claiming some ultimate overclocking achievement is strictly coming from your own brain.

Besides, frequency hasn't been the best measure of performance since long before AMD's Piledriver came out... Having the record for that is like getting into Guinness for making the world's largest pizza, it's nothing but shock-value oddity and curiosity, because you know it had to taste like shit. The 8.7GHz CPU holds no performance records.

News Comments > Diablo III Anniversary Patch Plans
1. Re: Diablo III Anniversary Patch Plans Jan 3, 2017, 19:35 jacobvandy

Well yeah, it has to be soon, I'm surprised it didn't happen today. They have to roll it out before the new season starts Friday.  

News Comments > Steam Award Winners
19. Re: Steam Award Winners Dec 31, 2016, 20:56 jacobvandy

yonder wrote on Dec 31, 2016, 19:53:
"Just 5 more minutes" is a way of saying "Just one more turn" and there's no way CS deserves it.

Have you ever played Counter-Strike? It's literally composed of short rounds under 5 minutes each, and it's very addicting. Tons of people who play are thinking "oh, just one more round/match/map."

News Comments > Gearbox Deathwatch?
27. Re: Gearbox Deathwatch? Dec 30, 2016, 16:34 jacobvandy

maddog wrote on Dec 30, 2016, 16:27:
Wish they would go back to the Brothers in Arms series. Would love a four man squad shooter set in one of the many locales of WW2.

A new one is in development, and it is distinctly NOT the "Furious 4" thing they teased a few years back. They wisely chose to spin off whatever ideas they had for that which don't fit into a historical WW2 FPS into other things, like Battleborn. So in the near future we should have a proper sequel there.

News Comments > Gearbox Deathwatch?
13. Re: Gearbox Deathwatch? Dec 30, 2016, 13:56 jacobvandy

Yeah, the worst case scenario is they have to stop trying new things and go back to Borderlands. I don't know how the total franchise sales compare to their annual sports games, but last I heard BL2 was the best-selling 2K title of all time. That's their get out of jail free card, and the reason why it's premature to put them on a list like this.  

29. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2016, 20:15 jacobvandy

Quboid wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 19:21:
New update on that page, "“out of emergency”and in a stable condition".

Dacote wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 18:27:
nin wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 17:53:
They're saying Carrie Fisher had a really bad heart attack. Like bad bad bad. I'm not sure I can take any more 2016...
And only 60.

It's not the years, it's the miles.

QFT. I'm surprised she's made it to 60, she sounded 80 in TFA.

News Comments > Festivus Metaverse
2. Re: Festivus Metaverse Dec 23, 2016, 16:37 jacobvandy

I don't doubt it's highly manipulated, but I still hang my head in shame when I think back to when I mined like 7 whole BTC in a month. It was summer and I was sick of the heat generated in my apartment running one PC non-stop mining and then also my gaming rig full-tilt overnight. So I called it quits, and sold them when the price was like $25, which at the time was already unprecedented for virtual currency. I was happy because it paid for my inflated electric bill a few times over, but then a couple years later was when it blew up to $1000+... Wall  

News Comments > Black Desert Online Free Trial
3. Re: Black Desert Online Free Trial Dec 23, 2016, 16:28 jacobvandy

It's not a demo level, lol, that's how it works for MMO trials.  

News Comments > GRID for Free
18. Re: GRID for Free Dec 23, 2016, 15:53 jacobvandy

Steam itself acts as an intermediary service that other sites can use to verify your identity. It's like how most mainstream sites let you login via Facebook for comments or whatever. You are not giving your login credentials to that site, they are sending a request to Steam asking, "who is this guy, does he have an account with you, can we see his basic info?" Upon receiving that requests, Steam has you login on their website as normal and it sends back the reply, "yes, he is johnnygamer29, he owns this many games, blah blah blah."

I actually am not sure why Humble Bundle does that anymore, though, since the Steam API no longer supports automatically redeeming keys. That was a good trick for them before, where you couldn't even access the actual raw CD key, so people couldn't re-sell them. They give you the key for this free copy of GRID, though it says there's an expiration date for the end of the month... Not sure if that means the key will become invalid or it just won't give you one if you don't claim it on HB by then.

News Comments > AU Fines Valve $3M
6. Re: AU Fines Valve $3M Dec 23, 2016, 13:01 jacobvandy

Just out of curiosity.. What can Australia do to enforce this? If Valve has been ignoring them, and if they continue to do so, what's gonna happen? Are they gonna sue, then nobody from Valve shows up, and Steam gets banned down there, or what?  

News Comments > GRID for Free
16. Re: GRID for Free Dec 23, 2016, 11:17 jacobvandy

You're not giving Steam info to Humble Bundle, though, they're using the Steam API to verify ownership of an account that they then link to your HB account. You can see for yourself when you go to login and it redirects you to the Steam website, check the URL and the certs, etc.

If Humble Bundle security is compromised, that doesn't mean your Steam info goes with it, unless you're using identical logins on both. Both sites offer two-factor authentication though, which anyone who has more than a couple games on either should be using anyway.

The Steam API only pulls public profile data, which is why a courtesy matching offer like GOG or Uplay have stipulates that it won't work if you have it set to private; they have to see what games you own to offer you matching freebies on their service.

This comment was edited on Dec 23, 2016, 11:52.

News Comments > Dying Light: The Following Event
2. Re: Dying Light: The Following Event Dec 23, 2016, 00:49 jacobvandy

Sounds like it might be the new Hellraid. I recall them saying they cancelled that one as it existed a few years ago so that they could do something bigger and better with the idea, considering the large amount of interest they were receiving. Maybe it's becoming a first-person Souls kind of game.  

3476 Comments. 174 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo