Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for jacobvandy

Real Name jacobvandy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jacobvandy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 1, 2011, 00:49
Total Comments 4291 (Master)
User ID 56195

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2018, 13:18 jacobvandy

Creston wrote on Dec 31, 2018, 11:50:
I thought RDR2 ended great, with the exception of...

I see you did not play honorably enough, since I died of the TB, staring peacefully at the sunrise, after exhausting myself in a fistfight with Micah which Dutch eventually stopped. That's not the actual ending, though, keep at it and I'm sure you'll be pleased.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 30, 2018, 19:55 jacobvandy

It's the holiday sale, the biggest games that top the charts at full price the rest of the year see another surge of people buying in when they get discounted.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 30, 2018, 15:58 jacobvandy

Cutter wrote on Dec 30, 2018, 14:24:
If it can eliminate the problems - of disease/conditions - of humanity than it makes sense. Major problem is there are always unintended consequences from stuff like this that people always fail to foresee. We can't even accommodate the amount of people in the world today. Imagine everyone living to 100'ish. There's no way that can happen without a fundamental restructuring of how humanity works.

Not to worry, since our definition of disease is so loose these days... I'm sure these companies will be much more interested in selling faster metabolisms, drug and alcohol resistances, perpetually clear skin, bigger boobs, butts, and dicks, scalps that never go bald, "better" personalities, natural talent for skills we don't need, etc., etc. Because giving our children better lives is a much more profitable noble pursuit.

News Comments > etc.
18. Re: etc. Dec 29, 2018, 22:36 jacobvandy

Flatline wrote on Dec 29, 2018, 18:02:
jacobvandy wrote on Dec 29, 2018, 14:08:
Rhett wrote on Dec 29, 2018, 13:44:
This is kinda hilarious though. I mean, $80 and they couldn't spring for glass? Someone up there is being a real cheapskate in regards to this glorified fallout 4 mod.

You have to dig in the article a bit to figure it out, but the bottle is glass with a plastic outer shell molded to look like the fictional beverage container. I'm not familiar with the economics involved with custom-making glass bottles at whatever scale they were dealing in, so I can't judge exactly how cheap they're being. But it's not like the stuff was delivered in a standard 20oz soda bottle or anything.

One tweet says it's plastic over glass. Everyone else says that the bottle feels so light that they doubt that it's glass.

That tweet from another games journo is linking the actual source of the story, a YouTuber who put together a summary of the whole thing including multiple other clips that show the product both in promo footage from Bethesda and home video from actual buyers... It's a glass bottle with a plastic Nuka shell: https://youtu.be/rRYt6EkPJhE?t=374

Though with how many times he uses the phrase "potentially lucrative" in describing the thing, I have to chuckle because it makes it sound like a bunch of scalper fucks are the ones who are upset that they ordered loads of this Fallout rum which turned out to be so crappy nobody wants any!

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Dec 29, 2018, 14:08 jacobvandy

Rhett wrote on Dec 29, 2018, 13:44:
This is kinda hilarious though. I mean, $80 and they couldn't spring for glass? Someone up there is being a real cheapskate in regards to this glorified fallout 4 mod.

You have to dig in the article a bit to figure it out, but the bottle is glass with a plastic outer shell molded to look like the fictional beverage container. I'm not familiar with the economics involved with custom-making glass bottles at whatever scale they were dealing in, so I can't judge exactly how cheap they're being. But it's not like the stuff was delivered in a standard 20oz soda bottle or anything.

News Comments > From Software Working on Two Unannounced Games
8. Re: From Software Working on Two Unannounced Games Dec 29, 2018, 13:00 jacobvandy

gsilver wrote on Dec 29, 2018, 09:43:
I could have sworn that they announced a new Armored Core like a year ago.

I think that could be one of these two. They didn't officially announce a new Armored Core back then, but hinted at it by saying how important the series is to them and that they wanted to do another, along with the old "we can't reveal anything at this time."

News Comments > From Software Working on Two Unannounced Games
2. Re: From Software Working on Two Unannounced Games Dec 28, 2018, 23:57 jacobvandy

I actually like that about their games. It's more important that the atmosphere is so good than having some backstory spelled out to compel my interest. It's like discovering an alien world every time because you really don't know what to expect.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Dec 27, 2018, 19:53 jacobvandy

That loot goblin amiibo is pretty disappointing... Blizzard just re-used the same model for an old figure they released years ago in their own store, right down to the oval-shaped base which makes it the ONLY amiibo out of nearly 200 that don't have the standard circular one. Then they used their own Funko Pop-wannabe windowed cube packaging, instead of the standard blister with concept art on the backing card Nintendo does and that all other third-parties who've done amiibo have copied. I feel bad for collectors who are compelled to buy this since it has the brand name and NFC chip inside, since it'll stick out like a sore thumb whether you want to keep it in the box or open it up.  

News Comments > Morning Patches
3. Re: Morning Patches Dec 27, 2018, 16:13 jacobvandy

Well his Google Drive link has already been overwhelmed and disabled. It looks kinda neat, but it's only the very first part of the game anyway, basically the tutorial. Watch that 24-minute video and you've seen all he's done.  

News Comments > CliffyB: The Musical
9. Re: CliffyB: The Musical Dec 27, 2018, 14:33 jacobvandy

Kxmode wrote on Dec 27, 2018, 11:20:
If you yokels would stop for a moment and visit the site, you'll see that he's not involved in creating the show. He's only co-backing it with several others (e.g. from the credits page: Producers Mara Isaacs, Dale Franzen, Hunter Arnold, and Tom Kirdahy).

P.S. Blue the headline is a tad misleading. He's not even a main producer. His name doesn't appear on the credits. It looks like he's a "silent" partner.

The source is Cliffy's own tweet, which is quoted here for your convenience... "I'm officially co-producing this show" is not ambiguous. It's not Blue's job to dig in and research this random musical to find out whether he's being wholly truthful. I don't think anyone else cares.

News Comments > Essay Required to Unban Fallout 76 Cheaters?
15. Re: Essay Required to Unban Fallout 76 Cheaters? Dec 26, 2018, 15:42 jacobvandy

I wouldn't get my panties in a wad over this... I have some doubts it's a serious offer to appeal. Would make some good promo fodder for them to twit about, though.  

News Comments > Diablo III Season 16 Details
4. Re: Diablo III Season 16 Details Dec 24, 2018, 13:27 jacobvandy

At least they're trying something a little different this time. It's not Path of Exile where you get a major new mutator, but an inherent RRoG passive could have a significant impact on some character builds.  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Dec 24, 2018, 13:15 jacobvandy

Yeah, it's cool that they have so many holiday events, but they barely change up the activities at all year after year. You're lucky if you can grind the whole duration to get some new cosmetics without having to pay real money.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 22, 2018, 01:04 jacobvandy

Delays are gonna happen, they've been happening to me occasionally for years, but that article is some whiny hyperbolic bullshit. Author has one package not show up on time and he takes to his little soapbox... Nevermind the fact that if you actually took your complaint to Amazon itself, they are almost always quick to give you a credit or refund to make up for the inconvenience. The only way two-day is "dying" is that it's slowly but surely being superceded by one-day and same-day delivery as Amazon spreads their network of warehouses across the entire planet.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Dec 21, 2018, 20:27 jacobvandy

Yep... I even see lots of people from the console version(s) of games coming to use the Steam forums, discussing general things and getting tech support from other console gamers. It's proof of Valve's success in growing a community, not just a store.  

News Comments > Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019 Rolls Out
3. Re: Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019 Rolls Out Dec 21, 2018, 14:58 jacobvandy

I don't think it's made for people who think they might be interested. Games like this are a SUPER cheap alternative to the lonely rich dude hobby of collecting real model trains, where you'll pay $20+ for one 8-inch long freight car and 10x that for the engine to pull it. Not to mention all the track you need, model buildings and scenery you probably want along with it, etc.  

News Comments > The Steam Awards 2018 Nominees - Winter Sale Starts Thursday
16. Re: The Steam Awards 2018 Nominees - Winter Sale Starts Thursday Dec 19, 2018, 12:02 jacobvandy

Xero wrote on Dec 19, 2018, 09:56:
I was so excited to buy and play Subnautica. When I finally got it, I don't know, I was kind of disappointed. I think these survival type games (No Man Sky) are just not for me. They are like a never ending grind of get this and that to create this and that so you can then create this and that to create more of that. It's like, since when did grinding to get materials become a game in itself and ultimately what is the fun in that??

I don't know, it had great visuals and sound, but the gameplay didn't do it for me. Perhaps I need to give it more time to really be able to get into it but the initial get go was very boring for me and didn't hold my attention enough to get anywhere really.

Follow where the story takes you if you're looking for more direction, you'll pick up important new items and schematics along the way. I was treating it like a survival sandbox when I first started and felt a little bored and frustrated, too, but this game is different than most others in that there is actually a narrative to guide you (NMS has a very thin "story" they shoe-horned in after release). The first big step in that is to make your way over to the crashed ship off in the distance.

News Comments > Warframe Launches Fortuna: The Profit Taker
8. Re: Warframe Launches Fortuna: The Profit Taker Dec 19, 2018, 09:53 jacobvandy

Suppa7 wrote on Dec 19, 2018, 00:20:
Avus wrote on Dec 18, 2018, 22:12:
Why people pay for Destiny 1 & 2 + DLCs when you can play this?

Because many kids don't play on PC and don't even know warframe exists. Just like fortnite. Many kids now playing don't even have a PC.

Warframe is HUGE on consoles, probably bigger than PC. They were having success as a F2P on PlayStation years ago, before F2Ps were common. It doesn't really compete with Destiny IMO, though they are clearly trying to with recent updates introducing larger free-roaming zones. Their shooting mechanics are shit next to Bungie's, and the vast majority of your playtime is spent in repetitive instanced zones on a grind that is right up there with the worst that Activision-Blizzard has to offer... I still play from time to time with friends, but I couldn't imagine dumping 1000s of hours in it like some do.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 18, 2018, 21:43 jacobvandy

That's the thing, they're not just referring to stuff like baloney and cheap hot dogs. Per the article:

Processed meat refers to any meat, including pork, poultry, lamb, goat or others, that has been salted, smoked, cured, fermented or otherwise processed for preservation or to enhance the flavor. The category includes hot dogs, ham, bacon and turkey bacon, corned beef, pepperoni, salami, smoked turkey, bologna and other luncheon and deli meats, sausages, corned beef, biltong or beef jerky, canned meat and meat-based preparations and sauces, among others.

So with that last bit, they're even including stuff like pre-made pasta sauces...

jdreyer wrote on Dec 18, 2018, 13:28:
And yet the USA is rife with preventable disease due to poor dietary choices. Processed anything is worse for you than eating whole foods.

You're only reinforcing the point I was making. What does "worse for you" mean, exactly? Is someone going to live 20 years longer if they never eat meat from a sealed package? If it is such a direct and singular cause of disease, how has preserved meat not yet been banned by the FDA? I suppose the processed meat lobby is making so much bank from killing off their customers they can easily afford to pay off the regulators...

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 18, 2018, 11:10 jacobvandy

Blah blah blah, everything "increases your risk of cancer," just shut up and eat the deli meat. Notice they never mention what the actual risk is, only that it's being increased by 4% or 18%... That doesn't mean an 18% chance to get cancer, it probably means it's a 6% chance instead of 5% chance or whatever. Fear mongering is the oldest form of media bait.  

4291 Comments. 215 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo