Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for jacobvandy

Real Name jacobvandy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jacobvandy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 1, 2011, 00:49
Total Comments 3952 (Veteran)
User ID 56195

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2017, 15:05 jacobvandy

I watched a couple trailers as they came out, but for the past month or so I really haven't seen anything... No broadcast TV and limited internet use will do that for you, I've been busy with games! So the lengthy ad for Google Pixel's Star Wars AR stuff they played along with the previews may have spoiled me more than anything else lately, lol. It wasn't until the movie went a fair bit longer than I thought it might that I was reminded of things I saw in those early trailers but had completely forgotten about until today. Overall, I'm pleased with it, in fact I wouldn't mind going to see it again.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution Free Weekend and Homefront for Free
2. Re: Homefront: The Revolution Free Weekend and Homefront for Free Dec 14, 2017, 18:58 jacobvandy

Yes, the sequel was surprisingly good after the mediocrity of the original. Reminded me a lot of Half-Life 2 in terms of gameplay tone, actually; I could easily imagine Episode 3 taking this route of undermining oppressive occupation in a semi open world, with the player choosing whether to be covert or not a lot of the time.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 14, 2017, 13:36 jacobvandy

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 14, 2017, 11:30:
Living in a small town sometimes has it's perks. My local theater is showing Star Wars: The Last Jedi tonight at 9:30 WOOT. won't have to worry about anymore spoilers

All the theaters I've seen have showings tonight, it's just they sold out probably a month ago, lol. I'm in for tomorrow morning though, there are an absurd number of show times starting as early as 8AM.

News Comments > Bungie Backs off Destiny 2 Misstep
13. Re: Bungie Backs off Destiny 2 Misstep Dec 13, 2017, 23:47 jacobvandy

I really don't care about raids, but I just logged in now to see that the weekly open world PVE objective is for the new DLC-exclusive planet... That's disappointing, since hopping on for an hour or so once a week to run a few public events is one of the few things I've still been doing to ever so slowly grind up my power level. Sometimes I'll do the PVP weekly, but the matchmaking is so hit or miss that I usually don't have the patience for that bullshit.

Anyway, guess I'm not playing at all this week, thanks Bungie. Keep this up and I might as well uninstall until I maybe eventually buy the season pass on sale.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 13, 2017, 18:42 jacobvandy

Lots of folks are pretty excited about Wasteland 2 on Switch, especially if it means more of this new generation of CRPGs might make its way there. It wouldn't surprise me at all if it sells better there than on PC, just because of all the hype and continuous flow of new owners looking for stuff to play on it.  

News Comments > Ark: Survival Evolved Aberration Expansion Released
1. Re: Ark: Survival Evolved Aberration Expansion Released Dec 12, 2017, 13:20 jacobvandy

Unfortunately, this is not a free download for anybody, it's the second release that is encompassed in their Season Pass. So you pay $20 individually or $45 ($30 on sale now) for all three expansions, the third of which will come out next year.

The only free DLC for ARK is a couple of alternate maps that have the same rules and content as the base game.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
2. Re: Saturday Consolidation Dec 2, 2017, 15:11 jacobvandy

Expected more from a free patch to support 4K and HDR with a last-gen game on your better hardware? What more do you want? It's not like they'd be able to cram the high-res texture pack in there or anything, especially if they're already scaling down as low as 2944x2160 to keep the framerate steady.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
9. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 1, 2017, 21:45 jacobvandy

At first I thought it must have been malicious, 'cause if you're shitting *on* someone's driveway, that's a deliberate "fuck you!" However, the surveillance video shows her hiding behind the van's door while dropping it on the edge of the street, almost in the gutter, not the driveway... She didn't seem too concerned about hiding her identity, just being the slightest bit modest with a public twosie. So I dunno, just a shameless weirdo too busy or inattentive to make it to a gas station or McDonald's that didn't want to poop their pants. I bet them internet detectives have already figured out who she is and contacted her employer, though.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
4. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 1, 2017, 13:45 jacobvandy

Cutter wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 11:54:
these extremists already exist in the mainstream

Do you know what these words even mean?

News Comments > DayZ Beta and Release Planned for 2018
4. Re: DayZ Beta and Release Planned for 2018 Dec 1, 2017, 11:14 jacobvandy

Development may be slow, but at least it's been playable these past four years... Can't say the same for Fart Citizen.  

News Comments > Get The Bureau: XCOM Declassified for Free
5. Re: Get The Bureau: XCOM Declassified for Free Dec 1, 2017, 00:31 jacobvandy

NewMaxx wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 20:33:
Comes with 10% off humble monthly...

Let me just point out the obvious and say with all their recent sales and giveaways, they are clearly trying to bring people back into the fold after the whole IGN thing. Just saying.

They've been giving away those coupons forever, and they only work if you've never subscribed before. So it's not bringing people back, they're continuing to try and get fresh meat.

News Comments > EA Says Visceral's Cancelled Star Wars Game Was Too Linear
9. Re: EA Says Visceral's Cancelled Star Wars Game Was Too Linear Nov 29, 2017, 22:51 jacobvandy

NewMaxx wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 21:28:
Translation: they wanted it to jump aboard the "open world" system a la AC, Mad Max, Mordor, GTA, etc. because that's a gateway to MTX and it's "popular." I'll be honest and say I'm very bored of that system of games and although I know it's had its recent successes (Breath of the Wild - which I have arriving tomorrow) to suggest there's no market for a "linear" Star Wars game is downright ridiculous. They're basically saying that such an approach is vintage (5-10 years is forever in game land, apparently) when the reality is it's easier to phone it in and get some MTX income than it is to make an actual compelling story-based game.

(given someone else here linked to AJ's video on BF2 - yes, they f'd up the potential for an innovative campaign)

Pretty much. He's the politician and investors the constituents, he'll say anything to convince people what they're doing is the right thing.

News Comments > Bungie Outlines Destiny 2 Plans
2. Re: Bungie Outlines Destiny 2 Plans Nov 29, 2017, 22:48 jacobvandy

Yes, because having only 97% of the content compared to the PS4 version justifies wanting to pay only 17% of the price. Rolleyes  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Nov 27, 2017, 21:57 jacobvandy

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Nov 27, 2017, 21:07:
What am I missing here?

Nothing, the market has zero stability and has already crashed many times. Bully for whoever has managed to ride the wave and scrape off a little bit of money, but most are just being fleeced by the mega-whale investment groups that manipulate it at will.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 26, 2017, 02:21 jacobvandy

DrSquick wrote on Nov 25, 2017, 21:41:
RedEye9 wrote on Nov 25, 2017, 21:36:
jacobvandy wrote on Nov 25, 2017, 15:58:
Giant space ants, maybe.

According to ZDNet Korea, the top of the line TV will be 150 inches.
Noice

Niiiice! For a mere four kidneys and a hotdog you can have a 150 inch TV. I had a 130" 1080P projector setup at my old basement, and it was amazing... But having a 7' ceiling sucked because if anyone got up they would block the picture. And you had a very expensive bulb and notable cool-down period. I'm sure it will never happen, but if there was a 150" TV that would be fantastic.

Well that's what the article is, they're saying it's coming very soon. The 'Micro' refers to them shrinking down the same LEDs they currently use in cinema-size screens. Once they can get them even smaller than 4K at 150 inches (100 microns), supposedly LED is going to replace all these LCDs, OLEDs, QLEDs or whatever else you see being used now in screens of all sizes.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
2. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Nov 25, 2017, 15:58 jacobvandy

Giant space ants, maybe.

According to ZDNet Korea, the top of the line TV will be 150 inches.

News Comments > Black Friday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Black Friday Legal Briefs Nov 24, 2017, 15:41 jacobvandy

Of course it's bad if you have fraud going on, but how do they determine what comments are "real" or not? Because loads of pro net neutrality people use sites like EFF or Demand Progress to automatically send messages for these kinds of things, and I would think that probably looks similar to corporate lobbies sending in a bunch of fake comments against it. Especially when most don't bother to customize the pre-written template they're given, if they even read the thing... Are they looking for legit, unique names and addresses attached to them as well?  

News Comments > Report: Gazillion Firing Staff; Ending Marvel Heroes Even Earlier
6. Re: Report: Gazillion Firing Staff; Ending Marvel Heroes Even Earlier Nov 23, 2017, 12:53 jacobvandy

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 23, 2017, 12:33:
kraken wrote on Nov 23, 2017, 12:29:
This is a very sad situation for those people.

Who bought micro transactions for a p2w game? I think not, they deserve the salt. But the the developers, they for sure did NOT deserve this.

I do hope nobody gets refunds though

Obviously you never played the game. Their business model was like 90% costumes and instant unlocks of playable heroes (ARPG classes), all of which could be earned for free in a reasonable amount of play time, and they ran so many events with global buffs that most people never felt the need to buy things like XP boosters. Multiple devs on different occasions basically stated that their business model was too generous based on how small the playerbase was, and that it needed to change for them to survive. Those changes took too long as they got distracted with other things, so they folded. Loads of people are getting refunds, though, especially on console.

News Comments > Report: Gazillion Firing Staff; Ending Marvel Heroes Even Earlier
1. Re: Report: Gazillion Firing Staff; Ending Marvel Heroes Even Earlier Nov 23, 2017, 12:26 jacobvandy

That sucks. It's one thing to be told the party's over, it's last call, get your shit together soon... But then you're sacked 5 weeks early with no severance or anything? Time to lawyer up, if there's anyone left to sue.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 22, 2017, 20:06 jacobvandy

I wouldn't bother, either, but damn those cards are sexy.  

3952 Comments. 198 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo