Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for jacobvandy

Real Name jacobvandy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jacobvandy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 1, 2011, 00:49
Total Comments 4304 (Master)
User ID 56195

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Metro Exodus Specs
3. Re: Metro Exodus Specs Jan 26, 2019, 19:15 jacobvandy

Yeah, I love the series, but these guys always have sponsorship deals going with various hardware companies. You can't even take their system reqs seriously.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Anthem Demo Issues
6. Re: Anthem Demo Issues Jan 25, 2019, 18:51 jacobvandy

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 25, 2019, 18:37:
Sorry for sniping 1 thing, but fov 45? You sure about that? Because I'd need a bucket and not just a bag at 45, that'd be like ramming your face directly into the screen. Heck, not even ADS in iron sighting (ie, zooming in) uses 45 fov without blacking or blurring out the edges because it robs you off so much peripheral view that it makes anyone with that problem instantly sick.

So maybe better I don't even bother with the demo then.

If that number is correct, I'm sure it's vertical FOV, which a lot of games reference instead of horizontal. 45 vertical is 72 horizontal.

News Comments > Fallout 76 Survival Mode Plans
16. Re: Fallout 76 Survival Mode Plans Jan 25, 2019, 16:26 jacobvandy

Wallshadows wrote on Jan 25, 2019, 16:06:
This is like willingly putting a stick through your front spokes while riding a bike.

This is what the online survival genre is all about, and tens of millions of people love it. They tried to water it down to appeal to the average Fallout fan that may not want to be murdered over and over again, but that didn't go so well. It's a smart move to embrace the tried and true formula more, even if it's an optional game mode.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 25, 2019, 13:48 jacobvandy

As a literal life-long fan of The Simpsons, I would applaud Disney for finally putting that show out of its misery. I don't know anyone who doesn't think it started sucking by around Season 15, if not earlier... Seems to me the only reason anyone can come up with for why it shouldn't be cancelled is simply that it's been around so long, which is telling.  

News Comments > Ubisoft Changing Controversial Assassin's Creed Odyssey DLC
11. Re: Ubisoft Changing Controversial Assassin's Creed Odyssey DLC Jan 25, 2019, 13:07 jacobvandy

ldonyo wrote on Jan 25, 2019, 11:10:
Darks wrote on Jan 25, 2019, 11:00:
Prez wrote on Jan 25, 2019, 10:58:
Darks wrote on Jan 25, 2019, 10:48:
As long as you can opt out of it. Dont force me into it.

This whole "controversy" is fucking stupid. The entire premise of the Assassin's Creed lore is based on the concept of assuming the past identities of your ancestors, which would mean their needs to be an heir. Which means even gay characters would be required to bone up in the hetero style to produce one. And yes, this is historically acxurate, as even openly gay people of the time would procreate (albeit reluctantly) to continue the bloodline. I am so sick of the woke culture.

You know dude, I never thought about that. Good point!

It just shows that they did not put a lot of thought into this when they wrote it.
Perhaps if they had put some expository explanation of this into the DLC, since some folks don't seem to understand the whole lineage thing, there would never have been any "controversy".

As I mentioned in the last thread about this, your character's legendary bloodline is explained pretty thoroughly in the base game and plays a major role in the story. People either don't pay attention or just don't bother to think about the implications.

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Jan 25, 2019, 00:13 jacobvandy

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 24, 2019, 21:32:
The total cluelessness of this company is astounding. (I'd love to know how many, if any, of them sold)

I doubt they're so clueless as to keep churning out this kind of merch if it wasn't selling... Twitter doesn't represent everyone.

News Comments > 2018 U.S. Video Game Sales Set Record
1. Re: 2018 U.S. Video Game Sales Set Record Jan 22, 2019, 22:15 jacobvandy

Go ahead and add another 25-50% to that to account for sales the NPD isn't privy to... If I were president of the ESA, I'd want the made-up figures to look as impressive as possible!  

News Comments > Money Laundering in Fortnite
13. Re: Money Laundering in Fortnite Jan 22, 2019, 13:49 jacobvandy

Ah, so there it is. That was my question, too, since v-buck are non-transferable... It isn't nearly so simple as buying gold in an MMO.  

News Comments > BioWare Wanted to Make KOTOR 3
16. Re: BioWare Wanted to Make KOTOR 3 Jan 21, 2019, 17:40 jacobvandy

Rhett wrote on Jan 21, 2019, 17:33:
I would wonder if it is also because it's a predominantly single-player game... How would they market microtransactions and lootboxes when you can't show off to your friends?

That's what I'm thinking. Ubisoft is doing it with Assassin's Creed, but maybe EA doesn't feel like it's worth it. It can't be that "they don't want people to be bad," 'cause all of their Star Wars properties that have been running strong for years include plenty of Sith, bounty hunter, etc. representation (SWTOR, SWBF, SWGOH). They're all literally split down the middle, offering the player equal choice of which alignment they want to play for.

If Disney weren't embracing the Dark Side, they sure as hell wouldn't have Vader and Stormtroopers roaming around their theme parks same as they do Mickey and princesses...

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 20, 2019, 14:38 jacobvandy

Cutter wrote on Jan 20, 2019, 13:29:
Really? Shouldn't a college be focused on academics?

Probably, but that ship has long since sailed. They've been making truckloads of cash off of athletes they don't have to pay for decades.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 20, 2019, 14:31 jacobvandy

xXStellarDadXx wrote on Jan 20, 2019, 13:45:
Grand Theft Auto V...why the fuck is this game even on this list? is it from accounts being banned for cheating or something?

Yep, 'cause that's how you become the #3 best-selling game of all time at over 100 million copies, the same few thousand knuckleheads buying it repeatedly... Rolleyes

News Comments > Totally Reliable Delivery Service Announced
3. Re: Totally Reliable Delivery Service Announced Jan 18, 2019, 20:50 jacobvandy

Looks a lot like Human Fall Flat, but it's not from the same devs. I guess 'wacky physics in a minimalistic cartoon world' is a genre now.  

News Comments > On Destiny's Destiny
8. Re: On Destiny's Destiny Jan 18, 2019, 15:55 jacobvandy

jdreyer wrote on Jan 18, 2019, 15:41:
VaranDragon wrote on Jan 18, 2019, 13:42:
Creston wrote on Jan 18, 2019, 13:20:
Uncoupling from Microsoft? They were part of Activision?

I think we can forgive Blue the slip. Weren't they "with" Microsoft before they were "with" Activision?

So basically Bungie is a slut?

By the most puritanical of definitions maybe... Two "relationships" in 19 years is only slutty if you save yourself for marriage and would rather die than divorce.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Jan 17, 2019, 21:23 jacobvandy

The article admits that $250k is a complete guess, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was at least six figures. I think they'd have to spend several thousand on trading cards alone, and mostly level up the event badges since they aren't capped at 5 like game badges are.  

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Going on a Diet: Will Require Redownload
2. Re: Sea of Thieves Going on a Diet: Will Require Redownload Jan 16, 2019, 22:06 jacobvandy

In before it's discovered the savings are due to heavy compression of textures and/or audio files and "everyone" demands it be reverted.  

News Comments > Ubisoft Apologizes for Assassin's Creed Odyssey DLC Misstep
10. Re: Ubisoft Apologizes for Assassin's Creed Odyssey DLC Misstep Jan 16, 2019, 21:22 jacobvandy

I know they've ditched that whole thing where only descendants of these ancient heroes can use the Animus to explore their DNA memories, but still, it's made pretty obvious that this particular bloodline is what bestows the demigod-like power you have in Odyssey... So it makes sense to me that that would need to be passed on, and even in the base game's story it's revealed about halfway through that Alexios/Kassandra was born of a cold and calculating act of procreation to pass on this blood rather than the romantic relationship between their mother and [step-]father. I get that 'breeder' is a popular anti-hetero slur, but you kind of need to accept the fact they have a story they're telling and maybe, just maybe, this one concession has to be made to keep that going.

However, at the same time, I feel like it doesn't make sense for them to shoe-horn this in where they did, citing a "realization of mortality," since it's also shown in the base game's story that they receive a magical staff that MAKES THEM IMMORTAL! They live for thousands of years and show up in the present day wearing a snazzy casual suit to have a face-to-face conversation with Layla, the character who is using the Animus to explore their memories. So they better have a good reason for this needing to happen how it does, or else it doesn't make much sense even for those who aren't offended by how it affects their role-playing...

This comment was edited on Jan 16, 2019, 21:56.

News Comments > Far Cry New Dawn System Specs
11. Re: Far Cry New Dawn System Specs Jan 16, 2019, 13:09 jacobvandy

Watter wrote on Jan 16, 2019, 12:50:
I only made it halfway through FC4 and I skipped FC5 altogether. That said, I rather liked the idea of a bright colorful "natural" post-apocalyptic mad-max-ish setting. Now that I've had a break from it, I could stand heading back in for the somewhat shallow story and combat of the series again in this particular setting. I'm far more willing to suspend belief for this kind of thing than I am a wide-ranging super powerful christian cult in the middle of Montana.

How hard do you need to suspend knowing that this apocalypse was caused by that cult's leader setting off a nuke?

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 15, 2019, 21:56 jacobvandy

Wow, so if I still had Netflix, I'd be seeing my subscription price jump more than 60% in the space of three years... Last time they raised it, they gave existing customers a thank you gift of locking in the old rate for TWO YEARS, and now you get no more than a few months depending on where you are in a staggered roll-out.

Anyone else remember when they used to grant you small credits on your bill any time an error on their end interrupted your streaming? If they still did that now, a lot of people would pay nothing at all!

News Comments > VR Shoes Demoed
2. Re: VR Shoes Demoed Jan 15, 2019, 18:47 jacobvandy

as it doesn't appear like these will work when you are standing.

Sure they will, if you've been practicing your moonwalk.

News Comments > Op Ed
25. Re: Op Ed Jan 13, 2019, 12:57 jacobvandy

I dunno man, I see a lot of memes about how people find a new show on Netflix and sit there like a lump going through all 8 seasons or whatever, then suddenly it's two days later. That's what the non-gamer types are doing these days, though they're also on their phones the entire time, I'm sure.  

4304 Comments. 216 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo