Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for jacobvandy

Real Name jacobvandy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jacobvandy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 1, 2011, 00:49
Total Comments 4481 (Master)
User ID 56195

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Piranha Games on MechWarrior 5 Epic Games Store Exclusivity
19. Re: Piranha Games on MechWarrior 5 Epic Games Store Exclusivity Jul 31, 2019, 13:24 jacobvandy

Satisfactory devs said they'd sold 500k at the beginning of June, after all the viral marketing jokes they made about it selling poorly. They had a lot more mainstream hype than Mechwarrior does these days, though, and were $20 on sale for two whole months. I assume MW5 is gonna be a full-price game?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > EA Financials
3. Re: EA Financials Jul 30, 2019, 21:48 jacobvandy

Kxmode wrote on Jul 30, 2019, 20:09:
Anthem released on February 22, 2019. Not a single mention of it in their Q1 Results. That's how you know it was a financial failure.

This is their fiscal Q1, which ends June 30th. February is Q4. So we knew it failed 3 months ago when all they said about it was "we launched a new IP," lol.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 30, 2019, 10:29 jacobvandy

Dunno how any one could be surprised by that removal.. Decades-old casual agreements or secret homages, whatever the case may be, don't hold up in court these days. There's no reason for Bethesda to hold on to that trademark infringement liability. Besides, a cursory googling reveals it has been snipped out of some previous console versions as well, long before id was bought out.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 28, 2019, 14:56 jacobvandy

I reckon Starfield will be arriving next year along with the new consoles.  

News Comments > DOOM Eternal QuakeCon Presentation
7. Re: DOOM Eternal QuakeCon Presentation Jul 27, 2019, 20:25 jacobvandy

These presentations are for everyone to ooh and ahh over the visuals, they're purposely slow-moving and easy-looking for the masses. They've shown real gameplay with fast movement and twitchy mouse aim a few times before. Remember, the last game looked the same way in the previews and drew the same criticisms, but then it released and proved them to be largely unfounded.  

News Comments > Interstellar Space: Genesis Released
1. Re: Interstellar Space: Genesis Released Jul 25, 2019, 20:13 jacobvandy

All seeing this does is remind me of Interstellar Marines, a stupid awesome game that never came to be, probably since they just barely missed the Kickstarter gold rush.  

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding
2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Jul 24, 2019, 21:58 jacobvandy

Oh look, another handheld console marketing itself as a way to conveniently play all your illegally downloaded games of yesteryear... I swear one of these was just nuked from orbit by Nintendo not too long ago. Although that one may have had the games pre-loaded, whereas these guys are doing the whole tongue-in-cheek, "please only use this for homebrew" song and dance.  

News Comments > GeForce RTX 2080 Super Reviews
27. Re: GeForce RTX 2080 Super Reviews Jul 24, 2019, 02:21 jacobvandy

Creston wrote on Jul 23, 2019, 21:49:
Very off topic, but this seems to be the most active thread:

There's a bundle on Steam right now for the 2016 version of Doom, AND Wolfenstein II the New Colossus for $24.

Also, holy shit, Dishonored 2 AND Death of the Outsider bundle is 12 bucks. TWELVE!!! Dishonored 2 is fucking AWESOME. (Death of the Outsider is so-so).

Prey is 6 bucks and is a great game. Bethesda must be feeling generous today!

QuakeCon is this week, I guess they started the sale early.

News Comments > Machine Games Veterans Form Bad Yolk Games
2. Re: Machine Games Veterans Form Bad Yolk Games Jul 23, 2019, 18:01 jacobvandy

MDB wrote on Jul 23, 2019, 17:27:
Combined years of experience is such a stupid metric.

You mean an EA studio having thousands of combined years of experience doesn't instill in you the confidence you need to smash the pre-order button for whatever they cook up? So cynical.

News Comments > Outpost Zero Free Week
5. Re: Outpost Zero Free Week Jul 21, 2019, 13:58 jacobvandy

Rigs wrote on Jul 21, 2019, 09:40:
I hate it when they put 'Pre Alpha'...do you even know what a freakin' Pre-Alpha is? It's not a beta, which is what you're showing in the video. Pre-fucking-Alpha would be barely functional with almost no features or artwork, mostly just placeholders and duct tape to show what will be. This is nearly a fleshed out Beta. Empyrion does the same thing, we're supposedly up to Alpha 10 but the damn game is nearly complete.

=-Rigs-=

Blame the big publishers who let you play a multiplayer demo ahead of release so they can fine tune their balance and netcode... They call those things "beta tests" even though they happen two weeks before the game is out. It's not surprising that others have felt the need to use a different term, so that their actual beta is not compared to those.

News Comments > Outpost Zero Free Week
3. Re: Outpost Zero Free Week Jul 21, 2019, 09:35 jacobvandy

Maybe instead of food and water, you need oil and electricity?  

News Comments > Evening Previews
2. Re: Evening Previews Jul 17, 2019, 22:20 jacobvandy

Does look like it could be fun, but those are generic golem monster enemies, not people.  

News Comments > Green Man Gaming Summer Sale
3. Re: Green Man Gaming Summer Sale Jul 17, 2019, 21:40 jacobvandy

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 17, 2019, 19:48:
Is Monster Hunter World worth $30 to try to play solo?

I really enjoyed MHW and played through the entire thing by myself. Some of the high-end monsters are tougher on your own, but it's doable as long as you put some work into upgrading your equipment and learn to play at least one type of weapon really well. The only thing that bothered me was the always-online, can't pause even in SP thing... Though that was about a year ago, I dunno if they changed it since then (I'm told it was never that way on consoles).

News Comments > PC Tetris Effect Next Week on Epic Games Store
14. Re: PC Tetris Effect Next Week on Epic Games Store Jul 17, 2019, 10:26 jacobvandy

jdreyer wrote on Jul 17, 2019, 03:35:
I want a Battle Royale mode, or GTFO.

Like I said, get a Switch. Game is called Tetris 99, it's a free perk with their online service. Literally you and 98 others competing against each other in every round.

News Comments > PC Tetris Effect Next Week on Epic Games Store
5. Re: PC Tetris Effect Next Week on Epic Games Store Jul 16, 2019, 21:25 jacobvandy

I'd rather play Tetris BR on Switch.  

News Comments > Ubisoft Responds to Watch Dogs: Legion/HITRECORD Criticism
7. Re: Ubisoft Responds to Watch Dogs: Legion/HITRECORD Criticism Jul 16, 2019, 17:56 jacobvandy

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jul 16, 2019, 15:35:
Did I miss the part where this is compulsory?

This. How many people outside of the union(s) they're perceived to be circumventing have been lodging any criticisms?

News Comments > GRID System Specs
1. Re: GRID System Specs Jul 15, 2019, 11:32 jacobvandy

100 gigs for a racing game now? Did they forget to compress all the sounds, music, and textures or something, because I haven't heard anything about it being a 1:1 scale open world game.  

News Comments > Epic Games Store Roadmap
30. Re: Epic Games Store Roadmap Jul 14, 2019, 21:38 jacobvandy

Jerykk wrote on Jul 14, 2019, 20:16:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 14, 2019, 18:40:
New store does not have same features as 20 year old any store.

Fixed.

Yeah... This isn't ground-breaking stuff, the roadmap only proves they neglected some simple due-diligence in their rush to launch this thing.

Coming out 15+ years after your biggest competitor is not an excuse for why your service sucks, it is in fact a huge advantage for you because you don't have to spend all that time figuring out what works through trial and error like they did. There is no need to try and re-invent the wheel here, you should copy what you think others are doing right and leave out or change what you think they're doing wrong.

Epic focused only on a few specific points to the latter, which is why they've been criticized and why they're having to ask for patience and understanding while they implement basic features they forgot to include from the start.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
13. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jul 13, 2019, 12:37 jacobvandy

Drath71 wrote on Jul 13, 2019, 08:44:
Something that surprised me was the cost of the games. Games that have been out for years, like Far Cry Primal, still going for $49. Then I checked, and it's the same on steam.

I guess I'm getting old. Games years old still charge full price (or almost)? Honestly, though, if the people who made the game are still getting the benefit of that, great!

Since frequent sales became a thing, yeah. They keep the regular price high to make the discounts look that much better. Primal is slashed down to $10-15 very often, lately it's only been a week or two in between multiple sales events across Steam and Uplay.

News Comments > Torchlight Free on Epic Games Store
6. Re: Torchlight Free on Epic Games Store Jul 12, 2019, 14:20 jacobvandy

I do like Path of Exile, but at least Torchlight is gonna be 100% lag-free.  

4481 Comments. 225 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo