Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for jacobvandy

Real Name jacobvandy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jacobvandy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 1, 2011, 00:49
Total Comments 3769 (Veteran)
User ID 56195

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Free Trial
6. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Free Trial Jul 14, 2017, 12:14 jacobvandy

I think it means as much multiplayer as you want up to 10 hours, as opposed to the limited single player portion.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 7, 2017, 11:07 jacobvandy

Bill Borre wrote on Jul 7, 2017, 10:28:
I bet Stan doesn't last much longer now. That's pretty common when one partner passes in long term couples.

Old couples who have nothing in their life but each other, maybe, but Stan's a goddamn rockstar.

News Comments > Firefall Falls
1. Re: Firefall Falls Jul 7, 2017, 11:03 jacobvandy

RIP. They added way more quest content at launch at beyond, but the continuous overhauls and eventual removal of resource gathering killed it. I had way more fun with this game in beta when you could thump anywhere, finding little nooks and crannies that were rich in minerals but still easy to defend, or causing some mayhem near bases that other people would join in on...

That ex-CEO has been crowdfunding and starting production on a spiritual successor called Em-8ER, if anyone's interested. I'm not getting my hopes up for it, but the intent is basically to make the game he wanted Firefall to be. They're doing a loyalty rewards thing, too, where you can get some stuff just for being a player of Firefall or they'll match you dollar-for-dollar if you were a founder. That process requires putting a verification link in your Firefall forums account profile, so anyone that wants to better get on that asap in case that site disappears soon: https://emberbot.jadex.eu/founders/

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Price Jumps
28. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Price Jumps Jul 6, 2017, 18:05 jacobvandy

Blah blah blah, meaningless internet drama from impatient no-lifers. I've seen way too many instances of someone like that being a complete asshole and spewing toxic waste all over forums or social media, then when they're rightfully banned they realize they're going to have to use a different tone or maybe throw in some crocodile tears in order to keep their self-righteous crusade going.

It's the developers' game to do with what they will, there's no reason to become that crazy ex who spends all their free time stalking the person who dumped them. If you don't like the changes made or the pace of updates, you can stop playing and get on with your life. The fact is that 7DTD is a great game that's been very enjoyable for a long time, and it would still be enjoyable for a long time to come even if they completely stopped updating it now.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: Star Wars Battlefront 2 loot boxes spark pay-to-win fears… Jul 1, 2017, 15:30 jacobvandy

Welp, I figured the other shoe had to drop eventually. They barely mentioned these "star cards" in passing at E3, and now we know why... They had to keep the full-on mobile game gambling a secret because that would have completely overshadowed every other positive aspect they revealed about the game. Consider my glimmer of hope thoroughly snuffed.  

News Comments > It Came from E3 2017, Part 20
1. Re: It Came from E3 2017, Part 20 Jun 28, 2017, 23:45 jacobvandy

It's-a me!  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 26, 2017, 21:45 jacobvandy

I posted earlier about Amazon UK pre-orders (sold out in about 45 minutes), but here are the placeholders for Amazon US and Best Buy if you want to keep an eye on them:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0721GGGS9/

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-entertainment-system-snes-classic-edition/5919830.p

News Comments > Secret World Legends Launched
6. Re: Secret World Legends Launched Jun 26, 2017, 14:00 jacobvandy

Why are they waiting more than a month to put it on Steam?  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 26, 2017, 13:50 jacobvandy

SNES Classic/Mini coming out in three months, with never before released Star Fox 2: https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/879369032947847168

Amazon UK, PAL version pre-orders (people say to ignore the warning, it will ship to US): https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B071G84PFQ/

This comment was edited on Jun 26, 2017, 14:14.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto OpenIV Returns
6. Re: Grand Theft Auto OpenIV Returns Jun 24, 2017, 16:06 jacobvandy

Suppa7 wrote on Jun 24, 2017, 15:17:
NetHead wrote on Jun 24, 2017, 11:05:
You'd think by now, long before now, the companies, bean counter and other suits doing game "design" and making decisions at these big places would realise that mod support official or not helps their games sell because it helps create a community and fans, benefiting the entire franchise and more.

Man you are pretty clueless. Once gamers bought into Steam and mmo's, they emboldened the corporate world to take software away from running on your computer. The fact is the average gamer is dumb as a bag of hammers.

Many modern games are cut into two pieces and part of the code his held hostage on a computer at corporate HQ to function. Most gamers are computer illiterate and stupid as to how the corporate world works.

Corporations are not your friends, they will do any criminal/underhanded thing if they believe it will make them more money.

The last 20 years have one of your rights being taken away and the entire software ecosystem being re-engineered so you have no rights to the product you are buying.

I don't disagree that we have no rights to software, but that has nothing to do with digital. There was always a licensing agreement, always the mile-long terms of use that nobody ever read... They just didn't have the technological ability to enforce it like they do now. Getting away with stuff they couldn't stop you from doing is not the same as having the right to do that stuff.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2017, 11:38 jacobvandy

I didn't watch the whole video, but it did look like they were reaching on a lot of them. There's a difference between "product placement" and just allowing the brands and logos that are everywhere in real life to be on screen.  

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Jun 23, 2017, 00:55 jacobvandy

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 22, 2017, 21:26:
Wow, Darwin award for animals needed. Luckily no humans were killed chasing after that stupid mini-dog, ugh.

Humans really shouldn't be swerving out into traffic chasing after a pet like that. They could have easily been hit and possibly killed, especially with half their attention on filming the whole thing. Luckily, in that hypothetical situation, the driver would have photographic proof that he was not at fault!

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Launches
13. Re: Steam Summer Sale Launches Jun 22, 2017, 14:31 jacobvandy

Yeah, it can be frustrating, but no online service pays for the extra server capacity to smoothly handle exponential edge cases like this. It's a massive waste of money when you already have more than enough hamsters to handle the load 95% of the time. I don't know about the rest of you guys, but after so many years I've learned not to bother trying to shop in the first couples hours of the sale launching. That's part of why they got rid of the limited-time deals... There's no reason to rush in right away, all the savings will still be there later today, tomorrow, next week, etc.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 21, 2017, 13:07 jacobvandy

Meanwhile, it's been 105+ every day this week around here, and the same or even worse elsewhere in the southwest US (upward of 120). If you're in a place where you don't see much heat, you'll see droves of people moving there to escape hot weather before such temperatures fully spread.  

News Comments > Diablo III Rise of the Necromancer Rises Next Week
5. Re: Diablo III Rise of the Necromancer Rises Next Week Jun 20, 2017, 22:29 jacobvandy

Yep, Necro is definitely a lot of fun. If you need to justify the price somehow, recall that the expansion cost $40 to add Act V, level cap increase, and Crusader... This time we just get the new class. Regardless, I have no problem throwing them a few more dollars for the couple thousand hours I've gotten out of this game.  

News Comments > HITMAN Free Sample [Updated]
19. Re: HITMAN Episode 1 for Free Jun 20, 2017, 20:56 jacobvandy

Okay, I think I got it... You don't really get Episode 1 for free, you get the prologue/tutorial section. The real meat of the first episode, Paris, is not included, at least not for PC (seeing some reports they do get the whole ep on consoles). I'm gonna pass.  

News Comments > HITMAN Free Sample [Updated]
17. Re: HITMAN Episode 1 for Free Jun 20, 2017, 20:44 jacobvandy

So does anybody know where we go to get Episode 1 for free? All I see on the Steam store page is an all-inclusive bundle for sale, or everything *except* Episode 1 available separately as DLC. Looks like there's a demo, but that's not it, right? I mean, I thought they're giving away part of the real game... Are they having issues and it's not really available yet, or what?  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 19, 2017, 13:51 jacobvandy

I used to do an acre with a motorized push mower every week and that was bad enough... Any more than that and you're going to want something you can sit on and drive around.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Reviews Crash; GTA Online Cheat Killed
4. Re: Grand Theft Auto Reviews Crash; GTA Online Cheat Killed Jun 18, 2017, 13:53 jacobvandy

ItBurn wrote on Jun 18, 2017, 13:30:
Quinn wrote on Jun 18, 2017, 13:23:
Fucking drama queens. Them losers been playing that game every fucking day since it came out for PC. This is the kind of shit that has Rockstar flip the PC off for.

So you're against gamers voicing their discontent when a developer kills mods in order to juice more money out of the customers? You like all these microtransactions and day one DLC bs? Because it happened when gamers didn't say anything. Who cares if Rockstar puts their game on PC or not. We've got infinite good games to play, we don't need to bend over for them.

Voice it all you want, but it has nothing to do with game itself. Reviews aren't there for angry nerds and their bandwagoning circlejerks trying to "stick it to the man." They're for telling people your opinion of the game. This type of pointless nonsense (along with the retarded memes and other jokes so often voted "most helpful") is why a lot of people don't bother reading Steam reviews at all.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 15, 2017, 14:18 jacobvandy

Fion wrote on Jun 15, 2017, 13:26:
Ah man this 'solar paint' is going to be debunked as badly as solar roads did.

Why is it called 'solar paint' when it creates hydrogen from water vapor? This is like that sports water bottle that refills itself from the moisture in the air.

I see you made it to the second sentence of the article, however the answer to your question is in the fifth. Just a little further!

3769 Comments. 189 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo