Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for jacobvandy

Real Name jacobvandy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jacobvandy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 1, 2011, 00:49
Total Comments 3952 (Veteran)
User ID 56195

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Fe Released
4. Re: Fe Released Feb 16, 2018, 18:47 jacobvandy

More style than substance, from what I've heard about it.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Wishlist Changes and Lunar New Year Sale
6. Re: Steam Wishlist Changes and Lunar New Year Sale Feb 16, 2018, 00:58 jacobvandy

I wouldn't mind some view options, like a more compact listing or even a grid kind of like how they do on the endlessly scrolling Store frontpage. I'm sure they're always looking for feedback on this stuff, as they plainly state that's where a lot of the changes they implemented today came from.  

News Comments > Steam Wishlist Changes and Lunar New Year Sale
3. Re: Steam Wishlist Changes and Lunar New Year Sale Feb 15, 2018, 23:18 jacobvandy

Huh, zero benefit? The sorting and filters alone make it tons more useful if you have any more than a handful of titles on there. If you use the wish list to keep track of dozens or even hundreds of games you have even just a passing interest in, a sale happens and in a couple clicks you pare that down to only ones with at least a 75% discount. That's really fucking useful, if you ask me.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
6. Re: etc., etc. Feb 15, 2018, 00:26 jacobvandy

Ugh, don't remind me about Rogue Squadron. This bullshit EA deal is the only reason they aren't still making those games!  

News Comments > The Evil Within 2 Adds First-Person Mode
4. Re: The Evil Within 2 Adds First-Person Mode Feb 15, 2018, 00:22 jacobvandy

If you make an official first-person mode, at least work on the animations a little bit... Even the tiny bit they show in this specially-crafted, highly-edited trailer looked fucking awful. The original DOOM had a better shotgun than that!  

News Comments > Morality Group Targets Steam
6. Re: Morality Group Targets Steam Feb 14, 2018, 00:47 jacobvandy

All groups like this do is try to get noticed as they indirectly harangue famous people or organizations... Sadly it often works. GG.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
14. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 13, 2018, 01:29 jacobvandy

Might as well wait until release day for that patch, lol, you're just gonna have to re-download 2/3 of the game then.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 12, 2018, 13:37 jacobvandy

This is their explanation:

The production realities of console game development mean that ‘release’ version has to be submitted some three months before the actual release date. We could have used these three months to get some rest, or we could use it to create some additional content and sell it to you as DLC, but we went back to the version-to-be-released and worked on it and tweaked it and polished it and the results are obvious: all the animations have been fine-tuned, quests are more balanced, RPG progression is smoother, the game runs faster and is more stable; every facet of the game got some polish.

The drawback, of course, is that most of the data in the old build were replaced and have to be downloaded as a patch. At hefty 25GB, it’s going to take some time and it’s a shame. Still, we strongly believe that after the four-year wait it will pay off to wait a little bit longer while the Day 1 patch is downloading. Trust me, it will deliver the awesome experience YOU deserve!

News Comments > Steam top 10
8. Re: Steam top 10 Feb 11, 2018, 19:40 jacobvandy

Yeah, they've got a lot to live up to with Kingdom Come, we've been hearing about it and seeing teasers for so damned long... They made their big gameplay reveal around the time Xbone and PS4 came out, so it was like the poster child for next-gen games, but then it was delayed by several years after they first promised 2015. Now they can't rely on graphics alone to wow people, so they'd better have everything else polished up real nice.

I like the realism angle in theory, but as mentioned it's very easy for it to be too realistic, to the point of not being fun. Or like you spend so much time and effort realistically portraying one aspect or another and then the rest of the game sucks because there's no content or it's super buggy. It sounds like the type of game that would really benefit from mod support, so hopefully that's in there... Definitely a wait and see situation.

News Comments > Steam top 10
1. Re: Steam top 10 Feb 11, 2018, 13:45 jacobvandy

Bring on the Subnautica expansion(s)!  

News Comments > Saturday Previews
3. Re: Saturday Previews Feb 10, 2018, 14:25 jacobvandy

FAKE NEWS!  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Online Battle Week
2. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Battle Week Feb 9, 2018, 21:11 jacobvandy

GTA Online has been Battle Royale since day one, it's just that the round never ends.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 9, 2018, 20:03 jacobvandy

jdreyer wrote on Feb 9, 2018, 15:19:
jacobvandy wrote on Feb 9, 2018, 13:22:
But if Amazon ships their own stuff, who else can they blame when your shit is late or lost?

I ordered a few things on Amazon worth a couple hundred bucks. After 3 weeks it hadn't arrived, and there was no update on the shipping tracker, so Amazon sent me an email asking me if I wanted a refund. So I said yes. A week later, the stuff came.

Yeah, to be fair they are usually pretty good about making it right when it does happen. It's just been SO fucking bad for me lately, something like 4 out of the past 5 orders I've made have been late. Whether it's supposed to be a same-day delivery or a release date guarantee or just a plain old two-day thing... I've had two orders refunded after a week or more (to later receive the stuff anyway) and a few free months of Prime added for the inconvenience, but I seriously have to think about it now, like if time is a factor at all, I can't trust them. I'm making the trip to a store more often now rather than risk it. And I'm sure to tell them that every time something like that happens.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 9, 2018, 13:22 jacobvandy

But if Amazon ships their own stuff, who else can they blame when your shit is late or lost?  

News Comments > Capcom Cuts Staff, Game, and Dead Rising Scope?
3. Re: Capcom Cuts Staff, Game, and Dead Rising Scope? Feb 6, 2018, 14:38 jacobvandy

I admit I'm not an OG fan of Dead Rising, had a hard time getting into 2 when I tried it, but I did enjoy 3 when I finally got around to playing that a couple months ago. Everyone says 4 is the worst thing ever, but considering a lot of that is probably just sour grapes I'll pick it up when it gets down to $10 or so on sale.  

News Comments > Dying Light to Celebrate Anniversary with Free Content
3. Re: Dying Light to Celebrate Anniversary with Free Content Feb 5, 2018, 23:47 jacobvandy

Lol, apparently they have a new game coming out soon, but there's been so little coverage of it that it's not even listed on their Wikipedia page: https://gematsu.com/2017/08/techland-announces-gods-trigger-ps4-xbox-one-pc

Looks like some low budget filler to make some money while they continue working on Dying Light 2 or Hellraid or whatever. Or it's just the next thing they're publishing and that's not made very clear.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Feb 4, 2018, 20:04 jacobvandy

Just mind your own business and don't actively seek out combat, you'll fairly effortlessly make it to the top 25 more often than not. Can't tell you how many times the least-skilled member of our group has lasted the longest because he's off in some shack somewhere trying to figure out the controls or deciding which attachment for weapons he doesn't even have he should hold on to, while the rest of us are looking for action and finding too much, lol.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10 9
11. Re: Steam Top <strike>10</strike> 9 Feb 4, 2018, 19:28 jacobvandy

For most games you see titled in all caps, it's because that's how the Japanese have always done it when they translate shit to English. Everyone else is just trying to stand out.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 2, 2018, 12:41 jacobvandy

Well, we had a taste of 40-degree highs in December (sandwiching a week-long heatwave of 70+ while y'alls snowstorms were raging), but as of mid-January I think CA is already in springtime. Mid-60s this week and 70s next...  

News Comments > Valve's Cliffe Arrested; Suspended
19. Re: Valve's Cliffe Arrested; Suspended Feb 2, 2018, 12:20 jacobvandy

VaranDragon wrote on Feb 2, 2018, 12:06:
but I find that "innocent until proven guilty" is just a load of bullshit when it comes to real life.

True, it hasn't meant a whole lot since social media came about and the whole world started listening to and making decisions by a handful of often anonymous dumbasses and their phony outrage. Nowadays any baseless accusation can ruin a person.

3952 Comments. 198 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo