Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for jacobvandy

Real Name jacobvandy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jacobvandy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 1, 2011, 00:49
Total Comments 4413 (Master)
User ID 56195

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > It Came from E3 2019, Part 12
1. Re: It Came from E3 2019, Part 12 Jun 19, 2019, 21:01 jacobvandy

I dunno about "winning" E3, it seems every outlet comes up with their own criteria for that. But I certainly am looking forward more to Nintendo stuff than just about anything else I saw at the show this year. Everyone else had too many games being teased for Q1 2020 and beyond, while there are things I want to play on Switch coming every month until then.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > They Are Billions Released
2. Re: They Are Billions Released Jun 18, 2019, 22:13 jacobvandy

I've been waiting for this! The campaign, I mean, even though the survival mode is a lot of fun, too.  

News Comments > It Came from E3 2019, Part 8
10. Re: It Came from E3 2019, Part 8 Jun 17, 2019, 12:44 jacobvandy

If a lot of savvy gamers don't participate in the survey, wouldn't that make it an even more accurate representation of what is 'mainstream?'  

6. Re: It Came from E3 2019, Part 8 Jun 16, 2019, 21:05 jacobvandy

No, [up to] 720p was last gen, despite the marketing for full HD support. Now a lot of games still struggle to maintain full HD, despite all the marketing for 4K. Most people who have 4K TVs never actually display 4K content on them... If you're just going by what all the TV ads or boxes pronounce in the largest font size, then 10 years ago was the "age of mainstream 3D." But of course, it wasn't.

Or if you want to look at the PC market, which I think is what we're dealing with when talking about ray-tracing right now, 1440p is not much larger of a niche than 4K or ultra-wide. That's under 5% of users according to Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/

Maybe your definition of 'mainstream' is a bit on the looser side?

4. Re: It Came from E3 2019, Part 8 Jun 16, 2019, 18:39 jacobvandy

Simon Says wrote on Jun 16, 2019, 16:38:
1080p, but yeah, in the age of 1440p mainstream and 4k, 1080p60 is pretty stupid.

So... You're posting from the future? Are there flying cars yet, in this age you speak of?

News Comments > Fallout 76 Nuclear Winter Beta Extended
7. Re: Fallout 76 Nuclear Winter Beta Extended Jun 15, 2019, 21:20 jacobvandy

Frijoles wrote on Jun 15, 2019, 16:06:
Didn't they mention this coming to Steam some time? I figured I'd try it when it does, if it's cheap.

Yeah, but it was a vague release window like 'late 2019.' I'm sure they'll try to sell for full price at first, too, but it'll come down quick.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. 'why it's *almost* impossible to see the Matrix...' Jun 13, 2019, 11:36 jacobvandy

I was one of those teenagers, like the author, who watched the Animatrix and played Enter the Matrix along with the sequel films and thought the whole thing was pretty fucking amazing.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 12, 2019, 01:41 jacobvandy

People beg for Switch ports of everything, and of course Witcher 3 was up there as one of the most popular requests, but for obvious reasons it's been repeatedly dismissed as impossible... I guess now the new holy grail will be Cyberpunk.  

News Comments > Marvel's Avengers Announced
9. Re: Marvel's Avengers Announced Jun 11, 2019, 15:24 jacobvandy

aka_STEVE wrote on Jun 11, 2019, 12:49:
HHmm, let me see - we have a multi-Billion dollar movie franchise going for the past 10 years ++ so when we finally decide to do a videogame to milk the franchise , let's NOT make the characters look or sound like the actors we have made that franchise $$ based off of ??

Typical dufus management decision .....

I bet they weren't considering making this game when they drafted those contracts up to 10+ years ago. Maybe they didn't want to cough up the extra dough for faces which a) are way more valuable now than they were then and b) aren't going to be in any more movies in some cases.

News Comments > Watch Dogs: Legion Announced
6. Re: Watch Dogs: Legion Announced Jun 11, 2019, 09:36 jacobvandy

I still have doubts that ALL the NPCs are as unique as you see in the gameplay video, but I'm really liking the overall concept.  

News Comments > DEATHLOOP Announced
5. Re: DEATHLOOP Announced Jun 11, 2019, 02:46 jacobvandy

Yep, I was as disappointed with the cancellation of Prey 2 as anyone, but these guys did a better immersive sim than any of the BioShocks, IMO. I dunno if this new game is like that or Dishonored or what, but I'll be keeping tabs on it for their name alone.  

News Comments > LEGO STAR WARS: THE SKYWALKER SAGA Announced
2. Re: LEGO STAR WARS: THE SKYWALKER SAGA Announced Jun 10, 2019, 17:27 jacobvandy

SMITE wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 14:06:
The problem with ALL Lego games is that no matter the source material, the gameplay is all pretty much the same.

I've heard good things about LEGO City Undercover, though I haven't gotten around to playing it yet. Supposed to be an open-world GTA clone, but more appropriate for kids.

News Comments > Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Gameplay Footage
12. Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Gameplay Footage Jun 8, 2019, 15:42 jacobvandy

I agree it's looking kinda meh, but all of those abilities certainly are reasonable Force powers. You don't slow time, you move incredibly fast (didn't have the sound on, but looked like he might have just been restricting the movement of that spinning platform). And if you can levitate a starship, you can definitely levitate yourself.

As for dismemberment, such violence is a huge factor for the game's rating, no way they'll have it if they're going for a T. The older Jedi Knight games didn't have it either unless you activated a cheat code, and in a post-Hot Coffee world, that won't happen. At best you might see a separate DLC purchase for it, like how they do with blood effects in Total War.

News Comments > Evening Multiplex
3. Re: Evening Multiplex Jun 8, 2019, 02:30 jacobvandy

It's okay, you punch plenty of faces with that exo suit. Although, the personal sub had some kind of torpedoes, didn't it? And you can also weaponize the poison glands you gather from killing sea-cows, IIRC... That title should be amended to "without weapons wot go pew-pew-pew."  

News Comments > Destiny 2 Going Free-to-Play?
10. Re: Destiny 2 Going Free-to-Play? Jun 6, 2019, 16:06 jacobvandy

I played through the base game a couple times, but the DLC didn't interest me enough to pay more just so I could continue on that endgame mill... but I might go back if they're making that first season of add-ons free.  

News Comments > Rumored Borderlands 2 DLC Info Leaked?
4. Re: Rumored Borderlands 2 DLC Info Leaked? Jun 6, 2019, 13:25 jacobvandy

Darks wrote on Jun 6, 2019, 11:00:
They should rename DLC to RLC and call it what it really is. Removed Library Content. Content that was apart of the game, but got pulled back out and renamed DLC add on.

I'm guessing you just barely skimmed the headline before regurgitating this old line? This is new, free, content for Borderlands TWO, the game that has been out for nearly 7 years now... Unless your contention is that they had the upcoming game all planned out even back then, and completed work on the story-bridge DLC in the previous dev cycle?

News Comments > Watch Dogs Legion Details Leak?
13. Re: Watch Dogs Legion Details Leak? Jun 4, 2019, 16:10 jacobvandy

I'm sure they'll brag about there being technically so many combinations that no two NPCs are exactly alike, but how often will you run into repeating voice overs and visuals that make many of them feel samey?  

News Comments > It Lurks Below Surfaces
1. Re: It Lurks Below Surfaces May 31, 2019, 20:48 jacobvandy

That trailer is pretty overdramatic, but it is a good game if you enjoy the combat of Terraria and/or wish that had more RPG-ness in it (character classes with unique skills, randomized loot, etc).  

News Comments > Red Faction Evolution Revealed?
3. Re: Red Faction Evolution Revealed? May 29, 2019, 11:56 jacobvandy

Armageddon was fine, it just wasn't physics sandbox part deux. Story and gameplay mechanics were better than Guerilla's. Maybe they can try to meld the best parts of both together this time.  

News Comments > Sunday Patches
7. Re: Sunday Patches May 27, 2019, 12:59 jacobvandy

Fantasy Blacksmith is a cool concept, but holy crap does it look bad. And play bad, according to a lot of the reviews.  

4413 Comments. 221 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo