Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for jacobvandy

Real Name jacobvandy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jacobvandy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 1, 2011, 00:49
Total Comments 3797 (Veteran)
User ID 56195

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > More Destiny 2 Progression Complaints
9. Re: More Destiny 2 Progression Complaints Jan 18, 2018, 13:13 jacobvandy

Teal'c SG:1 wrote on Jan 18, 2018, 12:18:
I stopped playing this one after 2 weeks into the game. Aside from the desire to make people repeat the same stupid maps and missions, is the internal comms for the game.

What a bunch of jack asses to create a game that demands multiplayer teamup to progress, and then not provide any in game tools for a clan to communicate with each other. you have to go to the bungie website. They are going out of there way to slow down progress so people will continue to play. I pick the F**K You option, and i stopped all together.

Who the hell uses in-game chat for anything on PC? Teamspeak, Skype, Vent, Mumble, or now Discord... No offense, but your clan needs to get its shit together.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 15, 2018, 16:39 jacobvandy

IMO it's a bunch of BS, all these lazy journalists taking a canned response from a CSR on Twitter as the company's official statement on the matter... As if a minimum wage schlep who probably works from home has any idea what's actually going on with their app development, or if they did that they'd be allowed to say anything about it. They already have Hulu on Switch, so it's not like Nintendo is against it, it's just a matter of time.

Edit: Yeah, they've already gone back and deleted the earlier tweet, clarifying with language even more vague so that it can't be interpreted as negative.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Plans Include Eververse Changes
3. Re: Destiny 2 Plans Include Eververse Changes Jan 12, 2018, 10:41 jacobvandy

Yep, that's all there is to do in the game, stand in line at the vendor with your credit card out. No shooting or looting or adventures of any kind, all that turned out to be marketing lies! Rolleyes  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Air gun eye injuries rise Jan 8, 2018, 13:03 jacobvandy

He removed his goggles for just a moment, to wipe away the colorful paint splattered across them, and then his life changed forever.

Well, that'll learn ya, won't it? You don't wear the goggles just to keep paint out of your eyes because it stings a little, you wear them AT ALL TIMES to prevent your eyeball exploding when it's hit by a screaming projectile at hundreds of feet per second... Ol' one-eye knows that now. 12 years old seems a bit young to be playing whole-hog paintball in the first place, too, especially considering the clear absence of a respect for safety.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
6. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jan 7, 2018, 01:53 jacobvandy

sauron wrote on Jan 6, 2018, 16:43:
They're honestly really good - maybe the success of the Switch will give the Wii U a last hurrah?

I'm hoping they continue to bring the best games over to Switch, like they've already done with Mario Kart, Splatoon, and Pokken. Everyone wants Smash Bros. ASAP so I wouldn't be surprised if that gets the deluxe treatment, too, Bayonetta is coming soon, and then all that's left are the Mario platformers and HD Zelda. Although after having played and enjoyed Xenoblade 2, I wouldn't mind if they re-release the older games from that series, as well.

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 5, 2018, 02:16 jacobvandy

Fuck public transit, probably like 98% of my handheld time is at home. It's refreshing to have console games you can play anywhere, while you lay in bed, sitting on a porch or balcony, in a living room where someone else is using the TV... You could even take it in the shitter if you like, though I've not gone that far with it (yet), lol.  

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 4, 2018, 18:07 jacobvandy

Oh yeah, it's the perfect machine for all those 2D indies you might otherwise buy on Steam. I enjoy playing those handheld way more than sitting at a desk using KBM. So between that and the quality exclusives they're pumping out pretty regularly, it's a really great complement to a gaming PC used for its own exclusives and the AAA cross-platform stuff.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
12. Re: Morning Interviews Jan 3, 2018, 18:05 jacobvandy

jdreyer wrote on Jan 3, 2018, 13:51:
Ozmodan wrote on Jan 3, 2018, 09:34:
This guy does not get it, it is a fad which will be replaced with something else. The chances that this game continues with it's top ranking are almost zip.

I dunno, you might have said the same thing about Counterstrike 10 years ago, but it's still super popular.

Counter-Strike was in kind of a slump leading up to and shortly following the release of CS:GO. Of course, a slump for CS is still pretty good by the standards of almost any other game, but for a while the new version barely competed with then 8-year-old CS: Source in terms of player count, and no version could even catch a whiff of the success Dota 2 immediately saw when it came out. It wasn't until a couple years later that CS:GO really took off (maybe due to the broader competitive audience drawn in by Dota) and became 'super popular' as it is now:

http://steamcharts.com/app/730#All

Point being, CS kind of went away for a while and could have easily died off almost entirely if it didn't make the comeback that it did only a few years ago.

News Comments > Survarium Holiday Update
2. Re: Survarium Holiday Update Dec 29, 2017, 21:19 jacobvandy

Such a shame, what happened to STALKER. The only thing going on with it anymore are user mods like this one (updated last week): http://www.moddb.com/mods/lost-alpha

News Comments > PUBG Passes 3M CCUs
11. Re: PUBG Passes 3M CCUs Dec 29, 2017, 15:24 jacobvandy

Yifes wrote on Dec 29, 2017, 14:00:
jacobvandy wrote on Dec 29, 2017, 12:05:
None of that matters, the stat is an enormous feather in their cap that proves they're obliterating everything else on PC. At this point they're close to beating Call of Duty console versions during launch week records... Crazy.

They're beating everything on *Steam*. League of Legends for example, has over 7 million concurrent users.

LoL is free to play and has spent 8+ years building up that playerbase... PUBG charges $30 up front and has only been around 9 months. I am far more impressed by the latter. Of course, it remains to be seen whether they can maintain even a fraction of this momentum, but who knows where PUBG will be years from now.

Flip that around and examine LoL during its first year, you'll notice they weren't even newsworthy. Like I literally can't seem to find articles about it from back then. The oldest one I saw is from 2011, when they were boasting 15 million total accounts (registered for free) and a peak concurrency of 500k players after two years of operation. There's no denying they've grown a lot in recent years, but where LoL has the slow-burning inertia of thermite, PUBG is a nuclear explosion.

News Comments > PUBG Passes 3M CCUs
6. Re: PUBG Passes 3M CCUs Dec 29, 2017, 12:05 jacobvandy

None of that matters, the stat is an enormous feather in their cap that proves they're obliterating everything else on PC. At this point they're close to beating Call of Duty console versions during launch week records... Crazy.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 26, 2017, 02:44 jacobvandy

1badmf wrote on Dec 26, 2017, 00:27:
how do you even beat it once?!?

Oh that's easy, I don't think I've ever played at 100% difficulty, lol. It took me several tries to win on the first map at 10%, but then i was able to do 20% and unlock the second map. The last time I played a few days ago I eat the second map at about 30%. To unlock the third though I think it's 60%, so I just gotta work up to that.

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 25, 2017, 19:14 jacobvandy

The question you should always ask yourself about an early access game is, "would I be okay with development stopping right now?" Right now TAB has a challenging survival mode with adjustable difficulty and 4 different tilesets of randomly generated maps. I've played about 40 hours so far and I think I'm on the cusp of being able to unlock the third map type. For $22, I don't think I'd be too upset if it never saw any further updates, just disappointed because there is a lot of potential, and I think the campaign could be really fun.  

2. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 25, 2017, 11:09 jacobvandy

Go They Are Billions! Even higher on the list than it was last week, despite the sale starting since then.  

News Comments > NVIDIA Ending 32-bit Driver Support
4. Re: NVIDIA Ending 32-bit Driver Support Dec 22, 2017, 20:53 jacobvandy

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 22, 2017, 20:44:
This should reduce driver bloat by some amount.. hopefully

Would it, if there are already separate downloads for 32-bit and 64-bit versions? I remember what really bloated it up to what it is now was when they decided to make one 'International' package instead of several different ones for individual languages.

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Dec 21, 2017, 19:32 jacobvandy

I can't believe nobody thought of this before!  

News Comments > Bridge Constructor Portal Released
8. Re: Bridge Constructor Portal Released Dec 20, 2017, 20:50 jacobvandy

This looks awesome! I've enjoyed some regular Bridge Constructor from time to time, so I would've been satisfied with a low-effort Portal theme stacked on top of that... That trailer, though, completely exceeded my expectations to the point where I'm probably going to buy it immediately.  

News Comments > Dying Light Gets Three DLC Packs, Including a Freebie
4. Re: Dying Light Gets Three DLC Packs, Including a Freebie Dec 19, 2017, 12:34 jacobvandy

Meh, skins don't bother me, it's a lot better than these $3 packs actually including something useful and making me want to buy them! Like the Harran Ranger Bundle, which includes the only bow in the game that does more than make zombies into pin-cushions.  

News Comments > Get Layers of Fear and Soundtrack for Free
5. Re: Get Layers of Fear and Soundtrack for Free Dec 18, 2017, 23:12 jacobvandy

FYI, this is one of those giveaways with a deadline to redeem your key (two weeks here). It doesn't happen often, but I missed out on one of the games they were giving out a few months back because I claimed it to my Humble account but didn't follow through with redeeming on Steam for a while... Came back to see that it'd expired and the key was erased.

Not sure why that kind of stipulation is made when they cut deals like this. Is it not enough of a limitation to only give out keys for 48 hours, you have to make unused ones expire after a while, too? Afraid they'll run out, maybe?

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 18, 2017, 14:48 jacobvandy

You wouldn't actually use something like that to play games, it's an art piece.  

3797 Comments. 190 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo