Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for jacobvandy

Real Name jacobvandy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jacobvandy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 1, 2011, 00:49
Total Comments 3674 (Veteran)
User ID 56195

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Aug 18, 2017, 20:59 jacobvandy

Right? I wish common sense judges like that were more prevalent, across the country. Not that it would work for every case, but a HUGE chunk of them can and should be decided by one person in a half hour or less. At the very least, someone like Judge Judy could examine your case and decide if it even deserves to be filed at all. But then the blood-sucking lawyers would raise hell in the face of such efficiency.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 17, 2017, 10:43 jacobvandy

I was surprised to see this nowhere in the top 10 best sellers on Steam this morning. Concurrent player counts for this brand new game are barely competing with how many still play Saints Row 3 or 4... Maybe this new IP thing really bit them in the ass, or they've done a piss-poor job marketing it. Nobody knows it's Volition.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire Specialization Diaries
2. Re: Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire Specialization Diaries Aug 16, 2017, 13:34 jacobvandy

Similar to the first game, these expansions are optional and self-contained for the most part. You can buy one or the other or both at a combined discount if you want. This FAQ explains the differences pretty well, what you get and don't get by owning this new one and not the previous: https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/115010688287-Guild-Wars-2-Path-of-Fire-FAQ  

News Comments > Agents of Mayhem Released
14. Re: Agents of Mayhem Released Aug 16, 2017, 10:05 jacobvandy

Deep Silver didn't buy Volition to tell them what to do. They bought them because they wanted the studio responsible for Saints Row and Red Faction because they thought those were good games. Volition could make whatever they want, and they chose to make this slightly different spin-off.

Deep Silver does own Saints Row, but what possible reason would they have for saying no, you can't make amother game in this well-liked multi-million selling franchise we paid so much to acquire? They don't own Red Faction, however, but I still would like to see them try open world destruction again... Maybe next time.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 15, 2017, 13:30 jacobvandy

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 15, 2017, 09:58:
Fitting line about this seasons GoT.
Not really a spoiler but hidden for those late watchers.
The pace is comically speedy, fit to be set to the Benny Hill theme
I liked it better when it was based on a book instead of television writers.
But I'm still watching. Amazed

Yeah, I don't get it, why the rush to finish it? What we've seen so far of this shorter season could have been two full-length ones in the earlier style...

If they have enough content, and the ratings are the highest they've ever been (those don't even include streaming), what am I missing? Some newly-appointed douchebag exec put the kiebash on it just because he can? Or are they in some kind of budget crunch situation where they failed to monetize well enough to cover escalating production costs?

Just trying to understand how HBO could stumble at the finish line like this, so grossly mishandling their highest-rated show of all time. It's still entertaining, but they've clearly lost their way without the guidance of the books to flesh it out and reminds me of any number of other series who were canceled prematurely and had to desperately shoehorn everything they could into the final episodes.

News Comments > Agents of Mayhem Launch Trailer
4. Re: Agents of Mayhem Launch Trailer Aug 14, 2017, 22:39 jacobvandy

Rhett wrote on Aug 14, 2017, 19:28:
Looks like a mindless third person shooter with Saints Row-esque jokes/innuendo? I guess there's some bit of customization but these trailers don't really help. :X

Funny you should say that... Not sure why it isn't mentioned here like it is on the Steam store page, but this is the new game from the guys who made Saints Row. I dunno why they chose to differentiate it from that series while still maintaining a lot of the same style, humor, and general gameplay ideas, but this is basically Saints Row 5 with a wider cast of playable pre-made characters. They even have Johnny Gat as a pre-order bonus.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 13, 2017, 17:18 jacobvandy

Nevermind how difficult it can be to locate someone in the map, what about how small the chances are that you even get put into the same match as a streamer and can identify when you do? It's not like DayZ or any number of other games where it's as simple as finding out the name of the server they're on and choosing to connect to the same one, the matchmaking is all random and anonymous for the most part, isn't it? With all the dumb luck involved preventing you from purposely doing it whenever you want, how can it possibly be such a significant issue that rules need to be made about it?  

News Comments > Computers Are Good at Computer Games: AI Wins Dota 2 1-on-1
3. Re: Computers Are Good at Computer Games: AI Wins Dota 2 1-on-1 Aug 12, 2017, 13:12 jacobvandy

If it's "AI" and not just a bot that's been programmed to play, how can they have any control over or make any guarantees about the APM? I mean, if it's actually thinking and acting for itself, why wouldn't it do as much as it could as fast as it possibly could, like a competitive player does? It's not remotely fair on that basis alone.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire Preview Weekend
2. Re: Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire Preview Weekend Aug 11, 2017, 20:54 jacobvandy

If you do already play, though, you create a new throwaway character that is automatically level 80 and has access to mirror copies of most of your account's assets. Nothing carries over from this beta/demo back to the real game. So then you can fuck around and do whatever you want without it impacting your actual stuff. Like, try out the ectoplasm gambling and see how rich you can get before inevitably your luck runs out and you go broke.  

News Comments > Lawbreakers Launches to Great Reviews, Poor Sales
12. Re: Lawbreakers Launches to Great Reviews, Poor Sales Aug 10, 2017, 11:28 jacobvandy

RIP. Transition to F2P incoming...  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 4, 2017, 13:11 jacobvandy

Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 4, 2017, 12:55:
Path of Exile 3.0 -- The Fall of Oriath launches in about three hours. Anyone care to predict how it will go?

Laggy as fuck? I probably won't even try to play this weekend.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: How to Photograph the 2017 Solar Eclipse Using Your Smartphone. Aug 3, 2017, 22:16 jacobvandy

So, buy a telephoto lens and a tripod, make sure you have a solar light filter, get a custom app to avoid jpeg compression... Could've saved us all some time and just said to get a real camera, lol.  

News Comments > Conan Exiles The Frozen North Expansion Details
7. Re: Conan Exiles The Frozen North Expansion Details Aug 3, 2017, 14:56 jacobvandy

The vast majority of people do not treat Early Access like a alpha/beta test and consider bug-fixing a priority, they treat it as if it's a released game. They tear through content despite any issues and then complain when there's nothing left to do. If they want people to continue playing and encouraging their friends to buy and play it, too, they HAVE to provide new content.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 30, 2017, 17:29 jacobvandy

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 30, 2017, 14:08:
CSGO stickers and graffiti claim second place, slow week in the gaming world.

Or, to many of the tens of millions of people involved with one of the biggest communities that exist in gaming, it was one of the most exciting weeks of the year... I'm not into it, either, but you're essentially dismissing the television ratings for the first week of February because you don't watch pro football.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Beta Next Month; Specs Revealed
19. Re: Destiny 2 Beta Next Month; Specs Revealed Jul 28, 2017, 19:13 jacobvandy

I'm referring to gamers, not the whole world.  

17. Re: Destiny 2 Beta Next Month; Specs Revealed Jul 28, 2017, 16:55 jacobvandy

Cutter wrote on Jul 28, 2017, 16:49:
necrosis wrote on Jul 28, 2017, 16:17:
Cutter wrote on Jul 28, 2017, 14:06:
Rec specs are a bit of a pigfucker aren't they considering they'll run just fine on crappy ol' consoles. Sounds like it's going to be an unoptimized POS. And if it doesn't run on Win 7 they may as well not even bother.
Why should they support a dead OS?

Yeah, why go after 95% of the market, right?

Windows 7 is 36% and shrinking.

4. Re: Destiny 2 Beta Next Month; Specs Revealed Jul 28, 2017, 13:58 jacobvandy

DarkCntry wrote on Jul 28, 2017, 12:57:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 28, 2017, 12:26:
Hmm, no mention of the required OS. Is that good news or bad news?

I would assume 8/10 are the required...Blizzard just dropped support for 7 on many of their games, and I'm sure Activision is at the very least doing the same tier of OS support.

Not 7, lol, there'd be a HUGE controversy if they did that. They decided to finally drop XP and Vista this year, going into effect in October.

Otherwise, yes, I agree that the OS requirement for Destiny 2 will probably be in line with those other games because it's being delivered by Blizzard through their launcher app.

deqer wrote on Jul 28, 2017, 13:33:
8GB of ram, lol.

What's wrong with that? It's about time games started using more, that's why we moved to 64-bit. The majority of PC gamers have 8GB or more in their machines according to Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 27, 2017, 20:54 jacobvandy

A million troll accounts or other fakes were deleted/pruned, more like... There are plenty more where those came from, too.  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jul 27, 2017, 20:43 jacobvandy

There was a classic Howard Stern bit where they got her to use the Rocky and Natasha voices with a dirty script she hadn't read beforehand... Kinda cheesy and tame by today's standards, but it was pretty crazy for its time and she was a great sport about it. RIP.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Jul 27, 2017, 19:53 jacobvandy

I really liked Sanctum... So now that they're rich from all that goat fad nonsense, maybe Coffee Stain can get back to making real games people wanna play for more than five minutes?  

3674 Comments. 184 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo