Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for jacobvandy

Real Name jacobvandy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jacobvandy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 1, 2011, 00:49
Total Comments 4434 (Master)
User ID 56195

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
7. Re: Game Reviews Sep 21, 2019, 22:29 jacobvandy

I bet they were anticipating it be the next Goat Simulator and bring the clicks rollllling in.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
3. Re: Saturday Mobilization Sep 21, 2019, 21:30 jacobvandy

The problem is that weirdos keep wanting bigger and bigger screens on a PHONE instead of just buying a damned TABLET. Maybe they should just make bigger pockets in pants, so they don't have to fold the thing to fit it in there?  

News Comments > Hot Lava Flows Out
7. Re: Hot Lava Flows Out Sep 21, 2019, 13:24 jacobvandy

recall2000 wrote on Sep 21, 2019, 05:48:
I have, and love, all of Klei's other games. This one's not for me though. After Don't Starve and Oxygen Not Included this is a massive disappointment. For me I mean...I was hoping for more of similar games. Oh well...fingers crossed for their next one.

Their next one is a rogue-lite card battling game, so, might have to wait a bit longer.

News Comments > Minecraft Adding Character Creator
5. Re: Minecraft Adding Character Creator Sep 20, 2019, 14:11 jacobvandy

Size and shape? Is that just scaling your blocks or would they actually allow you to have a rounded body?  

News Comments > Play Conan Games Free This Weekend
4. Re: Play Conan Games Free This Weekend Sep 19, 2019, 23:20 jacobvandy

Welp, I tried Unconquered... And I'll be sticking with They Are Billions.  

News Comments > French Court Says Steam Should Allow Game Resales
15. Re: French Court Says Steam Should Allow Game Resales Sep 19, 2019, 23:03 jacobvandy

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Sep 19, 2019, 22:47:
I would much rather they force these distribution sites to have archival downloads, like GoG offers. When Steam inevitably goes away some day, I'm going to loose thousands of dollars in games.

FWIW, they've been saying to people for years that they already have a contingency plan to ensure you don't lose your games. They enabled making backup copies a long time ago, so I would assume such a thing would involve simply bypassing the online security check for those.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Cross-Play Beta Early Access Begins
3. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Cross-Play Beta Early Access Begins Sep 19, 2019, 21:04 jacobvandy

Your google-fu is weak.

Game supports gamepad and KBM on all platforms, which all play together, but matches can be set to only allow one or the other control type.

News Comments > Batman Arkham Collection and LEGO Batman Trilogy Free on the Epic Games Store
19. Re: Batman Arkham Collection and LEGO Batman Trilogy Free on the Epic Games Store Sep 19, 2019, 20:54 jacobvandy

I just noticed it doesn't include the fourth Arkham series game, Origins. I wonder if anybody will miss it?

This comment was edited on Sep 19, 2019, 21:06.

News Comments > French Court Says Steam Should Allow Game Resales
2. Re: French Court Says Steam Should Allow Game Resales Sep 19, 2019, 20:50 jacobvandy

Sounds like a good way to halt the sales of digital media in your country, 'cause if this is upheld it would have to apply to everyone, right? Sales of blu-ray players are gonna explode in France!  

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Adds New Map
7. Re: Natural Selection 2 Adds New Map Sep 19, 2019, 20:38 jacobvandy

Armengar wrote on Sep 19, 2019, 18:04:
Ns2 did their best to kill the modding community. Problem is, they had a vision for the game and crapped on anyone who wanted to break out. Ironically enough a good half the players left are running on a seriously hacked up set of servers.

Combat was an excellent middle ground for people who didnt want to rely on commanders. They soon did everything they could to wipe it out and a massive chunk of playerbase with it. Other mods were similarly blocked out. Only the very talented kept a handful of servers going.

Lots of potential ruined by lack of community spirit.

Ugh, you're bummin' me out! I was so excited when they finally announced NS2: Combat, but as you say, they refused to let it be a part of the main game. A standalone release from a different team, it launched with about as many players as NS2 has left now and never took off because people were confused about the separation, as well as the price tag. Looks like they made it free about a year ago, but that was far too late to make a difference.

News Comments > Play Conan Games Free This Weekend
3. Re: Play Conan Games Free This Weekend Sep 19, 2019, 19:38 jacobvandy

Yeah, I started a new singleplayer game in Exiles recently, cranked it up to triple XP and double harvest. That plus a few tweaks to stamina usage, combat damage, and crafting time made it a lot more bearable. Spent the same ~40 hours as I did the first time I played but made it a lot farther in terms of progression as well as exploration. Dungeons were actually doable, too, though I still relied on a strong pet or thrall to tank for me (they have thousands of HP, you have a few hundred at max level...).  

News Comments > Batman Arkham Collection and LEGO Batman Trilogy Free on the Epic Games Store
6. Re: Batman Arkham Collection and LEGO Batman Trilogy Free on the Epic Games Store Sep 19, 2019, 15:59 jacobvandy

Timmeh wrote on Sep 19, 2019, 15:53:
I am just filling up my library with all the free stuff they release every week and not spending any money because the games are cool so why not?

Maybe they aim to stuff your library with so many that the "I want all my games in one place" argument starts to work in their favor.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous September Update
6. Re: Elite Dangerous September Update Sep 18, 2019, 17:20 jacobvandy

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 18, 2019, 17:08:
You know I might be willing to give them some credit for a product update which focuses on improving the start up experience if I could experience myself without deleting all my progress or buying a second copy of the game. Perhaps some day in the future developers will come up with a way to have multiple saves in a game... maybe by the 22nd century...

That has more to do with the fact that this is a persistent online game service. Your account is your save file, so you could probably just create another one of those if you like.

News Comments > Summerfall Studios
2. Re: Summerfall Studios Sep 18, 2019, 11:37 jacobvandy

Beamdog had/has writers? Who knew they made original games?  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 18, 2019, 11:34 jacobvandy

Beyond the clickbait, the article regurgitates a blog post where someone calls out a couple of IMITATION ad blocking extensions using those popular names to lure users. Apparently they each fooled nearly a million people into propagating fraudulent referral schemes.  

News Comments > New Steam Library Beta
9. Re: New Steam Library Beta Sep 18, 2019, 01:32 jacobvandy

I like more than I dislike. I was never a huge fan of the tile view before, so that will take some getting used to and it is kind of a pain to scroll through up to hundreds of items that way... But the pages for individual games are WAY better now. I'm also liking the context menu for the list on the left; being able to select multiple games and move them into categories without having to bring up another window with stinking checkboxes was actually the one thing I wanted most.

My biggest complaint is the "What's New" section at the top, which seems to be the latest news post(s) from each of your most-played games. Not a terrible idea, but in practice I'm seeing at least as much advertisement for DLC releases as I am information about updates or events. I'd like to disable that, if not have some control over what type of posts and from which games will show up.

News Comments > Rockstar Launches Game Launcher with GTA: San Andreas Giveaway
6. Re: Rockstar Launches Game Launcher with GTA: San Andreas Giveaway Sep 17, 2019, 20:30 jacobvandy

So, anyone know if they've fixed the digital version of San Andreas since ruining it five years ago? Gutting several of the radio stations was bad enough, but they even broke or intentionally downgraded some things at a system level so that ALL versions were identical to their fucking mobile port. I.e. HD resolutions such as 1080p were dropped, previously fixed crashes were reintroduced, of course all older saves were wrecked... But hey, the game now has native Xbox controller support!

Giving this away for free now without a constructive update is only going to remind people of these issues.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: Beating Minecraft without walking Sep 16, 2019, 22:11 jacobvandy

Boo, when they mentioned a pig in the first bit, I thought he did nothing but ride around on one of those (they randomly move on their own if you don't lead them)... Nope.

Of course, you do need to actually move in Minecraft, so TheHeightAdvantage crafted a boat. The boat is on land, one block away, but mounting the boat moves him over to it. Collect the boat, place it one block away, and mount it again: it's slow, but it does get you around.

Using boats as normal seems reasonable, which he apparently also did a lot, but he essentially used a super tedious exploit to replace walking where that wasn't possible. Then he did use the carrot on a stick to lead the pig, which is not much different than just walking... I give him a C- for a half-assed neat idea.

News Comments > U.K. Sales Chart
4. Re: U.K. Sales Chart Sep 16, 2019, 16:43 jacobvandy

Bhruic wrote on Sep 16, 2019, 16:38:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 16, 2019, 15:36:
Caslon wrote on Sep 16, 2019, 13:34:
Must be a mistake somewhere, there aren't 3 spots taken by the Sims games.

Also, BL3 #1? The UK needs to get with the EGS-hate program.

It's across all platforms. Pretty sure XBox and PS don't have to deal with EGS.

This is also why you don't see The Sims dominating; that's on their PC chart.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding
2. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Sep 16, 2019, 15:42 jacobvandy

You're thinking of Wheel of Time, aren't you?  

4434 Comments. 222 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo