Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for descender

Real Name descender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/id/descender
Signed On Feb 24, 2011, 19:58
Total Comments 2163 (Senior)
User ID 56185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
9. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 3, 2017, 14:23 descender

The Clean Power Plan passed by Obama doesn't actually go into effect until 2022.

Don't let facts get in the way of a good rant, though. Fuckin Obama!

I don't think we should be worried about keeping towns in the mountains of west virginia afloat just because they used to be sustained by coal jobs. Coal is fucked, coal is over. No one should be feeling bad about the jobs lost, they are shit awful jobs. These people don't need their coal jobs back, they need education so they can get different jobs.

Just like the auto industry in Detroit... these jobs are never coming back thanks to automation. The people living in these areas need to be told this instead of being constantly lied to. This is how we end up with statements like "Hillary abandoned the blue collar worker". No, she just didn't lie to them about bringing jobs back that are never coming back. They didn't want to hear that, so they felt "abandoned". It's time for these people to wake the fuck up and get with the times.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 3, 2017, 12:29 descender

Everything this article is complaining about is only a problem with free Skype accounts, which... obviously, no one should be using if privacy is a word you understand the definition of.

Skype for Business works just fine, assuming you've locked your employees from contacting anyone outside the company (which I believe is the default setting).

News Comments > Gearbox Deathwatch?
17. Re: Gearbox Deathwatch? Dec 30, 2016, 14:36 descender

This list is so very "ARS"... YikYak? Who cares about a failed social media site that was never actually successful?

Then they blast twitter for the fact that it's users are uncontrollable and leaving the service for SnapChat. Doesn't this (hopefully) mean that Snapchat (running on the same failing business model) is now going to be flooded with the same uncontrollable user base that scares away investors and run themselves out of business as well? Shouldn't they make the list?

How does this list not start with Sprint?!

I'm bored.

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Trailer Next Week
5. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Trailer Next Week Dec 30, 2016, 14:16 descender

even though the whole HDR thing for consoles runs ATI.

Can you elaborate? I feel like HDR is just one of those things that is confusing people. Outputting HDR to a TV and HDR lighting in games aren't the same thing.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
16. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 28, 2016, 15:42 descender

It fixes the parking problem by lowering the consumer purchase of vehicles over time. Currently, you and your wife own 2 cars to do your 4 trips. Now you will only need 1 car to do those 8 trips you described. You've at the very least already halved the number of cars needed on the road per household. In reality, that one car will handle multiple households, further reducing the size of the fleet of cars.

People will start carpooling more because the carpool cars will be cheaper than individual rides and there will likely be a lower wait time for them as well.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
12. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 28, 2016, 13:39 descender

I have a feeling that automated cars will turn out to be more like a subscription service than personal ownership and the insurance liabilities will stay with the fleet owners. Obviously not right away, but in time. Car insurance companies are going to dry up quick when there are significantly fewer accidents. Their business model will have to change.  

News Comments > Vaporware Awards
60. Re: Vaporware Awards Dec 28, 2016, 13:18 descender

Like Kxmode I've gone in deep with SC and pledged north of $1K

I... oh. Well, rant away then I guess.

57. Re: Vaporware Awards Dec 28, 2016, 12:43 descender

The enviable life of a simpleton with zero standards.

Says the man whining about a game he hasn't paid for.

Some of you seem extremely insecure about SC... I hope these threads are cathartic for you in some way.

30. Re: Vaporware Awards Dec 27, 2016, 16:43 descender

A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever.
-- Shigeru Miyamoto

I think the point of bringing up GTA's development time is to show that some games take a long time to develop and you don't get to arbitrarily decide that they are vaporware just because you don't like the release schedule. It has nothing to do with comparing the quality of Rockstar vs CIG. If GTA was announced at the beginning of their 7 year development cycle people would be just as pissy and moany about it not being released yet.

I wish Chris Roberts all the luck in the world, he took on an ambitious project and he is going to have to work really hard to complete it. The hate-brigade infesting this website and every news article remotely related to CIG/SC really need to grow the fuck up. No one is impressed by your wildly uninformed ranting of how they run their company and I'm even less impressed by your decision to invest in crowdfunded projects in the first place... Heck, most of you aren't even backers and have no skin in the game at all... why do you all feel the need to jump on the bandwagon?

I feel no sympathy for backers whatsoever, especially those who have funded SC outside of the Kickstarter campaign. Developers don't go to crowdfunding because it's such a great funding option, they go there because they've already been rejected by major publishers because their development plan probably sucks. Stop whining, you've gotten exactly what you deserve. Trying to rationalize a stupid investment by blaming the person you invested in just makes you look really naive about the entire situation.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
14. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 27, 2016, 16:17 descender

Have you ever stood in a room full of people where the background music was too loud? Have you ever been in a call center? There is a reason they have to put walls between everyone. The problem here isn't one person talking on the phone. The problem is one person talking, then the person next to him trying to talk over him (and the engine noise), then the next person... and so on.

This comment was edited on Dec 27, 2016, 16:23.

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers
10. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Dec 15, 2016, 18:27 descender

You're right, let's burn all the computers... just in case they change an EULA some day. /s  

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers
8. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Dec 15, 2016, 18:13 descender

You don't have to wonder what is going on here, there is no great mystery. You can actually read the actual log file that Geforce Experience sends to nVidia.

GPU’s specs, vendor, clock speeds
monitor specs and resolution
settings for specific games
list of games and applications installed
PC specs, RAM, CPU, motherboard, and BIOS version

Zero personally identifiable information.

You guys have lost your right to wear tinfoil hats, you've wasted them on too many stupid things like this.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
15. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 15, 2016, 17:58 descender

I'll take Trump's corporate cronyism any day over Hillary and the Neo Con's wet dream of going to war with Russia.

Such ridiculous dissonance. Do you even know what NeoCon stands for?

The GOP has been the party of war for decades and they now control all 3 branches of government and you think that is suddenly going to change?! Because they somehow convinced you that Hillary was a greater threat of war than a president who is insulting allies and backing out of trade deals?

WAKE THE FUCK UP.

With Trump you are getting both corporate cronies AND interventionist foreign policy. You didn't solve anything. Just another talking point that you got swindled on.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 15, 2016, 16:02 descender

Crooked Hillary

You have to be monumentally stupid to still be saying "Crooked Hillary". Didn't you realize how bad you fucked up when Trump gave cabinet positions to Goldman Sachs and Exxon? Your ability to identify who the "corrupt people" are is fucking atrocious.

Hillary can't be the scapegoat for your shitty ideas anymore. The election is over. All you have left to complain about now is the con-artist you put in office and the lies he sold you.

Highlighting how oblivious you are to Trump's ACTUAL corruption while still talking about Hillary's "alleged" corruption just makes you look like a complete moron.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
10. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 13, 2016, 15:29 descender

Obama directly cost me my job

Here is another perfect place where actual facts help. The Budget Control act that actually cut Lockheed's funding was a bipartisan effort in congress. Congress couldn't reach a budget agreement and it triggered automatic spending cuts, which is why Lockheed cut 10,000 jobs. You can blame the GOP congressmen that fought to put that automatic trigger in the bill, you can blame the GOP congressmen that failed at their jobs and shut down the government forcing the sequester and spending cuts... but you can't blame Obama. He had very little to do with it.

News Comments > Turtle Rock's New Co-op Shooter
10. Re: Turtle Rock's New Co-op Shooter Dec 13, 2016, 14:41 descender

You definitely have to have the right mentality for a-sync multiplayer. If you don't find joy in adversity and overcoming the uneven playing field then you are probably never going to. :p L4D to me was all about losing to learn.  

News Comments > Turtle Rock's New Co-op Shooter
6. Re: Turtle Rock's New Co-op Shooter Dec 13, 2016, 12:11 descender

The concept and gameplay behind Evolve is quite sound. Their business model is really what ruined it (along with some balancing issues).

I absolutely love a-sync multiplayer like L4D, so I can only hope they get it right this time.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 7, 2016, 15:49 descender

Repo companies have been driving around parking lots with license plate scanners for a few years now. I've seen plate readers in drive-thru lanes. McDonalds takes your picture at the drive-thru, especially at the ones with the dual drive-thru lanes. Best Buy has been using a facial recognition security system for almost 10 years. The license plate reader company itself sells off the database (that they aren't required to delete) of tracked data to insurance companies.

Companies are scanning and tracking everything they can. Why would anyone believe otherwise?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
18. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 7, 2016, 14:37 descender

There is a gaping canyon-sized difference between ignoring someone for holding different ideals and ignoring them for spreading blatantly false information. There are a small pile of posters here who have never seen a headline on Infowars they didn't like. Ignoring them isn't closing off my world view, it is improving it.

There is nothing inherently shitty about "talking politics". It only becomes a problem when people try to argue that their feelings are more important than facts. When you don't have facts to back up your arguments then you get cornered and essentially have to resort to getting emotional and irrational in the discussion.

News Comments > etc., etc.
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 6, 2016, 12:23 descender

The points they bring up are fairly universal truths to project management in general. Obviously, you didn't read it as per usual. Thank god you got that first post up though!  

2163 Comments. 109 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo