Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for descender

Real Name descender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/id/descender
Signed On Feb 24, 2011, 19:58
Total Comments 2100 (Senior)
User ID 56185

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Overwatch 21:9 Support Follow-up
14. Re: Overwatch 21:9 Support Follow-up Jul 13, 2016, 13:03 descender

Wouldn't matter if the limit was 103 or 107 or 115 or 120... someone somewhere would still feel disenfranchised by it's existence. There are technical reasons for setting an upper limit to FOV like broken viewmodels, rendering glitches and lower framerates overall.

The number of people using 21:9 simply do not outweigh what it would cost to support the higher FOV. If it were simply a matter of increasing the limit there is no real reason they would shy away from that.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Overwatch Adding Support Sniper, 21:9, and Competitive Hero Limit
13. Re: Overwatch Adding Support Sniper, 21:9, and Competitive Hero Limit Jul 13, 2016, 12:57 descender

Yeah coming up with solutions to new and interesting scenarios in a non-competitive setting... no fun to be had there!

I don't think I'm the one thinking narrowly here :p

Playing the game is fun. If winning if the only part you find fun then you need to find something else to do or stay out of the casual queue.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 13, 2016, 11:10 descender

Other online shops frequently match or attempt to beat Amazon sale prices... it's silly to buy anything on Amazon for any price without checking a few other places first. A lot of those "80% off" discounts are total bullshit.  

News Comments > Overwatch 21:9 Support Follow-up
6. Re: Overwatch 21:9 Support Follow-up Jul 13, 2016, 11:09 descender

Increased FOV lets you see more to your sides without turning increasing your situational awareness. It doesn't improve your aim.  

News Comments > Overwatch Adding Support Sniper, 21:9, and Competitive Hero Limit
11. Re: Overwatch Adding Support Sniper, 21:9, and Competitive Hero Limit Jul 13, 2016, 11:07 descender

Yes and no? Quickplay is supposed to be casual and fun... and sometimes you just need a team of 6 Mei's to have that fun :p

People are entirely too concerned with winning every single game in the QuickPlay queue.

News Comments > Rocket League Crate Plans
8. Re: Rocket League Crate Plans Jul 13, 2016, 01:38 descender

I do agree with all of your points, I was definitely missing part of this.

I think video games in general implement many mechanics that resemble and promote "gambling" and they don't need real-world money to accomplish that. Unless they are going to change the underlying mechanics of entire genres of video games (basically anything that has random loot as a reward).

It doesn't really matter if that chance is bought with real or fake money. The same lesson is still being taught.

I wonder if the gamer generations understand chance and probability better than our elders ever did because of the prevalence of video games in culture. Theoretically we should have a more mature understanding of the risks of gambling because of this exposure at a younger age than previous generations were ever capable of experiencing. You would think the F2P generation would be even more aware of this, but I feel that parents haven't really handled that well.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
19. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 12, 2016, 19:16 descender

Many people who played this game probably used the epic runes such as "immune to poison" that came pre-placed in your inventory with one of the DLC packs. This basically made a large chunk of the game completely trivial and is at least one reason why you felt that all of the encounters felt the same.  

News Comments > Rocket League Crate Plans
4. Re: Rocket League Crate Plans Jul 12, 2016, 19:09 descender

Even without trading, loot crates are a form of gambling. It's little more than a new age slot machine.

How is this actually any different than the way it works now? Rocket league currently unlocks a random cosmetic part every time you play a game. Now it will give you different random cosmetic parts every time you open a crate. Same exact thing.

It doesn't change the existing RL loot system, and it can be completely disabled if you don't want to interact with it. No grind. No forced purchase. No advantages. No market integration. No trading.

This is not even remotely similar to what is going on with CS:GO.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 12, 2016, 14:54 descender

The Sandisk sale is pretty good, and there is an extra 30% off a lot of stuff. Logitech Performance MX mouse for $45 makes me happy, I'm collecting a small pile of these mice as I intend on using them forever.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
13. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 12, 2016, 14:51 descender

I really enjoyed SoM, but I followed a guide that listed skills to skip over to improve the experience and not make the combat so trivially easy once you level up. Basically... don't buy the ult finishers, the double kill streak and the one that keeps your streak alive when you get hit. Also don't use the poison immunity rune or the one that makes shadow shot only cost 1 arrow.

Even with doing all of this the combat is still pretty simple, but this at least adds some challenge to the second map... otherwise you can stun and kill entire groups of enemies with a mere x5 combo.

Also... there is a second map... so don't waste your time dominating every single warlord on the first map like I did. :p

As for the story, lets file this under DUUUUUUUUUUUH.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
13. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jul 11, 2016, 15:12 descender

Flatline wrote on Jul 9, 2016, 15:33:
Same dev. You're thinking of Ingress.

Not only that, but most of the locations are exactly the same from Ingress. Spent about 5 minutes checking this out, until I realized what the game actually was. Tap tap swipe... tap tap... snore.

Nintendo has gained almost $8bil in value since the app released, crazy.

This comment was edited on Jul 11, 2016, 15:21.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Vote
4. Re: Team Fortress 2 Vote Jul 8, 2016, 13:20 descender

The war they are declaring is actually on Overwatch.

The writing is definitely on the wall here. They are probably going to "action FPS" every class with skills and/or ults.

I was kind of hoping for TF2 to become part of the source2 beta first :/

News Comments > Blizzard Sues Over Overwatch Cheat?
26. Re: Blizzard Sues Over Overwatch Cheat? Jul 6, 2016, 09:17 descender

Agreed.

Botting to a high level doesn't take the skill out of a game... it takes the skill out of your hands.

You aren't learning how to play the game, then you are getting thrown into high-level competition without full understanding of the basic skills and nuances that should have been learned to get you there in the first place.

You can have a life full of responsibilities and also not cheat to get ahead in games where your lack of knowledge is now detrimental to everyone trying to play with you.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm DirectX 11 Patch on PTR
7. Re: Heroes of the Storm DirectX 11 Patch on PTR Jul 6, 2016, 08:26 descender

Shoehorning DX12 into games doesn't magically make them run faster. They need to be designed from the ground up for it to actually matter.

The same reason why this DX11 patch doesn't drastically improve the framerate. There is no reason to support DX12 with the amount of development resources it would require to make an impact.

They must have been working on this for a while, it doesn't even make much sense for them to randomly decide to wedge DX11 in.

News Comments > Blizzard Sues Over Overwatch Cheat?
7. Re: Blizzard Sues Over Overwatch Cheat? Jul 5, 2016, 13:04 descender

Basically every developer of a modern MP FPS has sued one cheat maker or another at some point... I don't see how it has anything to do with the client-side prediction choices made by Blizzard.

I haven't found cheating to be rampant at all in OW (not nearly like in CS/BF). I see people using exploits more than anything else.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 5, 2016, 12:54 descender

I'd argue that the really important inventions are the refrigerator and toilet paper.

"Changed the way we live" is not really a contest. TP probably does not belong on that list... as important as it may be to our comfort level :p

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 4, 2016, 10:32 descender

I highly recommend using ninite pro for silent deployment of things like Java, Reader, etc... that need to be frequently updated. Though if you are struggling with updating Java I imagine there are other parts of your management platform that should be upgraded. :p  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 4, 2016, 10:26 descender

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet"

Just the true things, right? /s

They have found that hugging a dog raises it's anxiety levels (measurable). As with most things, all dogs are different. Why would this be internet conspiracy worthy? I thought it was pretty common knowledge that you shouldn't let a child hug a dog.

We used to get 5mg doggy valiums from the vet to get through the 4th without the dog drooling his own swimming pool in the house.

33. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 30, 2016, 19:18 descender

I think the right lane pretty clearly ends there, so she was the one merging. She didn't look left once as the lane she was driving in ended. That's awful. It didn't matter if there was a motorcycle or a semi truck there, she was going to hit it if they weren't watching her.

This is not sitting in traffic though, which is where 1:1 merging needs to be observed. Also the "being ahead" merge rules shouldn't apply either.

If your lane is ending, you yield.

I think she either did the old "I'm not even going to look at you as I knowingly cut you off" move that is oh so popular... or just always drives with her head up her ass. Either way... Fuck both of "those" people.

I think the motorcycle rider saw it coming and could have reacted very differently. While he has the right to be pissed at her, he could have avoided one dangerous situation and instead he simply created a new one by staying in the lane.

GTA teaches a valuable lesson, if you are on a bike you are going to lose. :p Always play defense.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2016, 14:16 descender

Why are they subscribing to the CBS TV service to watch the new ST movie? Is the WoT show going to be on CBS?

I'm so confused.

2100 Comments. 105 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo