Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for descender

Real Name descender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/id/descender
Signed On Feb 24, 2011, 19:58
Total Comments 1925 (Pro)
User ID 56185

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Overwatch Open Beta Opens
12. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Opens May 5, 2016, 13:14 descender

where everything is extra large and zoomed in so you can hit shit with a controller

Did you play this game for 2 seconds? Not even long enough to get to the options menu? Oh wait no, you didn't even play it at all... you just looked at screenshots.

Overwatch supports a full 90degree FOV just like every PC FPS should.

It definitely needs a viewmodel slider to make the guns take up less of the screen, but the idea that this game is "consolized" because of the FOV is just willful ignorance.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battleborn Begins
41. Re: Battleborn Begins May 5, 2016, 09:54 descender

Peaked at 12k players on launch day. Good or not this game is fucked for longevity.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
8. Re: Evening Metaverse May 4, 2016, 17:09 descender

I find uBlock Origin to be quite annoying. It doesn't always seem to remember domains that need to be allowed/blocked. I also find that certain sites I have to completely disable it on, regardless of what I try to "allow" through.

At least ABP worked right. Shame it got so bloated and un-trustworthy. Don't let anyone tell you they are "the same thing" because they absolutely are not.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Re: Steam Top 10 May 1, 2016, 21:04 descender

I LOL'd when he says the second CS patch available to the public in 2001 was the "downfall of CS". What a clown. Does he even play games? Doubt it.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 May 1, 2016, 20:46 descender

grindfest
grindfest
grindfest

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
12. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 30, 2016, 11:36 descender

I wish some of you would learn the difference between a director, a producer and a writer.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
15. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 30, 2016, 11:31 descender

You think I need to improve my reading comprehension when he responded to something I wasn't even talking about?

OK THEN. Maybe try a 3rd nickname, this new one isn't doing you any favors.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
15. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 29, 2016, 20:00 descender

I wasn't referring to the physical TV being powered on, I meant the TV display on the PC.

The quality of the receiver will influence the amount of lag. Not the existence of it. I'm glad you can't tell the difference, I don't have that luxury. I have a good receiver, I wouldn't have to tape a pin to disable HDMI-CEC. I also can't just clone my multiple displays to my TV at all times.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
22. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 29, 2016, 19:04 descender

I'm sure I mixed up a few pronouns in there but I was aware of that. I was proposing it as they are "only" suing the idiot driver and snapchat, "why did they stop there?". Who's to say any 1 of the companies involved is to blame when closer to like 10 enabled the entire situation.  

News Comments > DOOM Single-Player Video
53. Re: DOOM Single-Player Video Apr 29, 2016, 17:02 descender

I actually really like that reason Beamer. Fair enough.

Do you think Doom actually needs that abstract design feel in order to deliver the game that people want? We might be on to something here.

12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 29, 2016, 16:55 descender

You went to great lengths to describe exactly how correct my statement was. All you did was describe the exact opposite side of the same situation I did.

You see it as "you can just do this to make it work" (which is fine, I agree with the idea that it can work) but I see it as "you have to do this to make it work". That's a huge difference when it comes to consumer products. Sure I could tape a pinout and leave my computer permanently powering 2 displays... but why should I have to do that just to get digital audio out of my computer?

51. Re: DOOM Single-Player Video Apr 29, 2016, 16:19 descender

Of course they should, it`s Doom buddy.

OK, so... the fact that the original Doom and Doom 2 don't actually follow this pattern at all doesn't bother you? You get a chaingun and a RL in the second level of D1, you get a chainsaw and a RL in the first level of D2 and in neither game do you face more than 4-5 enemies at once at any point during the first ~5 levels. They seem to be demonstrating the exact encounter styles here that existed in those older games.

People seem to have no idea what the old Doom games actually were. So many complaints about the Doom franchise are just absurd... like the monster closet thing that is always levied against Doom 3. Doom 1 and 2 were absolutely and completely littered with these "closets" that only opened after you walked past a certain spot or touched a certain item, but everyone pretended like they were the worst thing to happen to gaming when they also existed in D3. So much of what actually existed in D/D2 is heavily tinted by the nostalgia goggles. If the run-speed was a tick faster I don't even think any of these complaints would be made.

I don't anyone should be making grand assumptions about the pacing of the game based off of a video you didn't actually even watch. I can't believe I just got mocked for actually watching the gameplay demo in this article and commenting on what actually happens in it. LOL. This place...

- Glory Kills. Holy shit what a terrible fucking mechanism. Fortunately it can be turned off. (I think? I mean, if you turn the notification off, then it would stand to reason you can't actually glory kill?)

Creston- They do state that this is a completely optional feature. If you don't press the "glory kill" button it won't ever happen. I think the "indicator option" is just that, but to engage a glory kill you have to press the actual button for it (or not). The way they were discussing it led me to believe that it won't be necessary to press that button to complete the game.

This comment was edited on Apr 29, 2016, 16:39.

9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 29, 2016, 15:17 descender

HDMI actually introduces other limitations, like the fact that it won't carry audio without video. If I'm gaming on my PC monitor with the TV display off then there is no sound being sent to the A/V receiver over HDMI unless I have my main display hooked up through the receiver as well (hello input lag).  

47. Re: DOOM Single-Player Video Apr 29, 2016, 15:03 descender

Should the opening levels of the game already have dozens of enemies hanging from the rafters and full blown firefights? This is demoing the beginning of the game and they do repeat that quite often.  

News Comments > Morning Patches
5. Re: Morning Patches Apr 29, 2016, 14:31 descender

The technical issues I was referring to are not really related to my own machine, but the way the engine handled client-side hit-detection and draw distances. It just seemed like a never-ending series of getting shot through corners and dual-kills (where attacker and defender both die). In the past you could literally stand beyond the draw distance for an object such as a wall or shield and shoot a person behind the wall because the playermodel draw distance was different.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 29, 2016, 14:24 descender

I don't care what the data is or is not, I want full control of my machine, and forcing unwanted communications down my throat rubs me wrong, and makes me not want to give ANY (Including innocent telemetry).

All of those words, that's exactly why it's a "tin foil hat" concern. You don't know what data is being transmitted or it's purpose, you just know you don't want it transmitted no matter how useful it may actually be.

That line was actually directed towards Cortana itself and not the telemetry stuff anyway.

37. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 29, 2016, 14:17 descender

Ooooh, my report cherry!

Sorry I got a little heated there Bats

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2016, 13:39 descender

So you're $60 in on another space game already? What is the space-sim equivalent of methadone, we need to get a hold of some for you.  

29. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 29, 2016, 13:01 descender

Newer, more effective methods have actually gotten a lot of press lately.  

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 29, 2016, 12:48 descender

It does sound strangely reminiscent of the firewire "we're going to be the link for all your devices" stuff that never took off.

if they could offload audio processing into my HT receiver via USB that would be pretty damn sweet though... that could eliminate the need for an internal "audiophile" card entirely.

EDIT: I never had any luck using optical out for gaming because most cards only output 2-channel on those optical ports. I just run 6-channel direct to my amp so I'd be welcome to an actual digital solution.

This comment was edited on Apr 29, 2016, 12:55.

1925 Comments. 97 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo