Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for descender

Real Name descender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/id/descender
Signed On Feb 24, 2011, 19:58
Total Comments 2002 (Senior)
User ID 56185

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > FIFA 17 Announced
2. Re: FIFA 17 Announced Jun 7, 2016, 09:35 descender

FIFA16 was still using their console engine, Ignite.

Hopefully this move to Frostbite means that they will be converting Madden/NHL over to it and then maybe we'll get a PC release of those for the first time in 10 years.

Or maybe they'll just continue to suck.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 6, 2016, 11:24 descender

Where do they find the child actors for this show? They are usually cringe-worthy roles at best in TV shows, but every child actor in GoT is an absolutely incredible performer.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 6, 2016, 10:32 descender

I could watch Ian McShane deliver monologues all goddamn day... and he was totally shown up in "his episode" by a 10 year old girl.

Sorry, a 10 year old BEAR BEAST WOMAN who is not to be trifled with. :p

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
11. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jun 6, 2016, 10:28 descender

Just another half baked idea that was a good attempt but not enough to unseat the incumbent go-to option.

Well, they weren't trying to replace xbox controllers with the steampad, the steampad is for playing FPS and other mouse driven games on your couch. It completely embarasses an xbox controller at that.

The only thing half-baked here is what people think Valve was actually doing with these products.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
8. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jun 5, 2016, 21:06 descender

Valve has released zero steam machines.

Steam machines were one of the few things that could bridge the console-PC gap and cause developers to stop being assholes. Perspective.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
18. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 5, 2016, 20:07 descender

The hardware survey pops up and asks you to accept it every single time they want to collect info from your machine.

EDIT: As far as weighting statistics go... I'm guessing that their analytics suite for developers is a bit more advanced than anyone here is going to come up with. You are right, it would be damn foolish to count all machines as equal. I don't agree that more hours should give more weight though. If you play 1 game for 15000 hours, and someone else plays 15 games for a normal amount of hours... I'd rather cater to the person making me more money.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 5, 2016, 19:53 descender

Uh, you have to fill out and submit the steam hardware survey. It doesn't just collect that data from idle machines and it isn't spying on anyone.

How do you guys ever possibly stock enough tinfoil in your homes?

This comment was edited on Jun 5, 2016, 20:06.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
11. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 5, 2016, 19:51 descender

That make me sad and mad, you're not allowed to post here anymore and ruin my afternoon like that.

Ask him what his latency is like, you'll feel better.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
44. Re: Windows 10 red X now does the upgrade Jun 5, 2016, 19:45 descender

Don't blame MS for things your hardware manufacturers were responsible for fixing. W10 was released 9 months ago and you think it's MS's fault that some drivers still haven't been updated? Crazy

Dacron's take on W10 was spot on. You can pretty easily tell who has actually used the OS and who has just read about it on the internet or gave it 5 minutes and jumped on the hate-wagon.

edit: And the willingness of people to trust random 3rd party apps never ceases to amaze me.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Mandalore’s Revenge
4. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Mandalore’s Revenge Jun 3, 2016, 19:14 descender

I don't really care what time period they pick... I just want that style of SW RPG again. Something set around the training of Yoda would be pretty cool.

I find the older lore to be considerably more interesting, but probably only because it was actually there to play and immerse myself in. Using the movie time periods and characters does limit the scope of what can be done story-wise, because you need to conform to certain outcomes. There is never going to be a plot twist where a character dies that you know lives through to the next movie. That's one of the most primal reasons why the prequel movies didn't work. I think KOTOR/2's storyline worked well because they went back so far. None of the characters were bound by plot-constricting invulnerability, so spoiler spoiler spoiler... the twist and ending of KOTOR2 was even possible. You couldn't really pull that off with the modern characters aside from the one you were directly controlling (so that they would "win the game").

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Mandalore’s Revenge
2. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Mandalore’s Revenge Jun 3, 2016, 18:27 descender

Should have been KOTOR3: Mandalore's Revenge. Waste.  

Hardware > Washer/Dryer - hardware right!?
2. Re: Washer/Dryer - hardware right!? Jun 3, 2016, 16:19 descender

A front loading washer will definitely not be faster than a top loader, at least in my experience... I don't have to much exposure to them, my old place had some fancy new Samsung ones. They worked awesome, just slow. Definitely saves water though. The "mold" thing is really easily avoided by not leaving the door closed.  

15. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 3, 2016, 15:04 descender

But the things Microsoft are doing to trick or force people to upgrade are just wrong.

No doubt, it's almost as if they are purposely trying to sabotage their own company's reputation (yes, i can taste the irony).

They have basically done everything wrong with the launch and forced upgrading (which, TBH... I bet 90% of these are user error) aspect that they possibly could have.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 3, 2016, 14:40 descender

I was watching "The Departed" last night and the GF calls a croissant a "french donut".

I wanted to punch Boston in the face.

13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 3, 2016, 14:36 descender

I understand most complaints about W10.
so finding any given setting is always a guessing game
Except that one. Start button, type, click. Opens every time, no guessing. There is no reason to be looking through CP for things anymore.

Win7 doesn't require modifying a bunch of settings and constant vigilance to keep MS from invading your privacy.
Except it does.

Too much anecdotal nonsense is being widely accepted as fact regarding W10.

News Comments > Steam Controller Report
11. Re: Steam Controller Report Jun 3, 2016, 13:12 descender

I know... Or at least i hoped.

Make sure you try flipping between the different emulation modes on the right pad (joystick-mouse is very different from joystick-move). Joystick-Mouse with trackball mode on and low-medium friction is the best way IMO. These should only be used if you can't have mouse and gamepad inputs at the same time.

If the game you are playing properly supports simultaneous mouse and gamepad input then you can just set the right pad directly to mouse and skip the right stick emulation entirely. You can mix-match input styles on any well programmed game.

15. Re: Origin On The House NOX Jun 2, 2016, 16:12 descender

If and when the origin ecosystem ever improves I'm loving the pile of free games my account is amassing... bring me some goddamn Madden/NHL games on PC and i'll even give them money! Eh? How about that?  

8. Re: Steam Controller Report Jun 2, 2016, 13:38 descender

For me, the touchpad was not able to replace the left analog stick.

Did the left analog stick not do a good enough of a job being a left analog stick for you? Crazy

4. Re: Steam Controller Report Jun 2, 2016, 09:33 descender

That is certainly a little odd. I would imagine that almost all of them are direct sales through Steam... either purchased as a bundle with Rocket League last fall or with DS3 this Spring.

The controller literally continues to get better every week. The activators opened up a huge variety of options for setting up more complex actions. I had Overwatch running through the Steam overlay and was playing that last night on the TV. Some characters really don't require much aiming at all

News Comments > Competitive Overwatch Delayed; Balance Changes Discussed
6. Re: Competitive Overwatch Delayed; Balance Changes Discussed Jun 1, 2016, 10:30 descender

I think you did a great job of highlighting exactly why balancing is hard, and also why MMO's are a waste of time.  

2002 Comments. 101 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo