Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for descender

Real Name descender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/id/descender
Signed On Feb 24, 2011, 19:58
Total Comments 1983 (Pro)
User ID 56185

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Competitive Overwatch Delayed; Balance Changes Discussed
6. Re: Competitive Overwatch Delayed; Balance Changes Discussed Jun 1, 2016, 10:30 descender

I think you did a great job of highlighting exactly why balancing is hard, and also why MMO's are a waste of time.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jun 1, 2016, 09:30 descender

Awesome, I want that as an animated background :O  

News Comments > Competitive Overwatch Delayed; Balance Changes Discussed
3. Re: Competitive Overwatch Delayed; Balance Changes Discussed Jun 1, 2016, 09:11 descender

Blizzard devs can't balance a seesaw

Really? I think people severely underestimate how difficult "balancing" really is... they had trouble balancing WoW PvP because it isn't designed to be PvP from the ground up.

For basically every other game they've designed they use an intricate rock/paper/scissors style balance that works extremely well.

News Comments > Witcher III: The Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Released
21. Re: Witcher III: The Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Released May 31, 2016, 15:48 descender

Can you point me towards the discussion since you can't bear to bring up even one legitimate gripe?

People trying to play the game like it's "action combat" (read: wrong) are a majority of the complaints I see.

News Comments > Witcher III: The Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Released
19. Re: Witcher III: The Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Released May 31, 2016, 15:32 descender

Other than "the controls", what exactly is Witcher combat lacking in that you guys are expecting to find?

IMO All 3 games have had pretty interesting combats systems in their own right (the unpopular QTE system from the first game was consistent and well done IMO)... but if you aren't playing Witcher games on at least hard that requires potions to survive... you're only cheapening the experience for yourself. I could see slash slash slash sign not being very fun... or if you have to constantly roll to keep track of the enemies...

I must have played some other game.

This comment was edited on May 31, 2016, 15:40.

News Comments > etc.
13. Re: etc. May 31, 2016, 15:24 descender

I can't think of too many DC's that aren't better than the regular movie (other than the SW remasters of 4 and 6 if you count those as DC). Maybe the recut of sincity wasn't better... are there real examples of this being a problem?

ST:TMP DC was just remastered effects and audio, this will probably be the same.

FWIW I absolutely love the LOTR and Hobbit DC's (especially the 3rd movie in each, they were both cut down waaaay too much leaving out some major details). The battle at the end of the 3rd hobbit is pretty significantly different.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
29. Re: Morning Metaverse May 31, 2016, 14:35 descender

No matter how many times I watch the video, nothing you say is going to make any sense.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
21. Re: Sunday Tech Bits May 31, 2016, 11:23 descender

I guess having a metal plate to try and distribute the heat across all heatpipes is worse then just letting the chip touch half the heatpipes directly...

Most CPU cooler companies learned this years ago. :/

27. Re: Morning Metaverse May 27, 2016, 08:36 descender

Where are the swathes of movie reviewers (or literally even one person) disclosing that they saw a trailer for the movie they are reviewing and may have tainted their viewing experience? They don't exist because that isn't a real thing because that isn't a "conflict of interest". A person doesn't have an invested interest in pushing an opinion just because they already had an opinion one time.

If they worked on the movie or were compensated in some way by the studio, THAT is a conflict of interest. The mere existence of an opinion is not. A judge recuses himself from making a judgement in a conflict of interest, nothing to do with giving an opinion on something.

This comment was edited on May 27, 2016, 08:51.

15. Re: Morning Metaverse May 26, 2016, 16:42 descender

Curiosity always gets the best of me.  

12. Re: Morning Metaverse May 26, 2016, 16:17 descender

The "basement-dwelling, mouth-breathing loser with no life" around here is definitely not the guy averaging 8 posts a day for the last 9 years.

That is clearly the sign of an important man with things to do.

News Comments > Rocket League Adds PC/Xbox One Cross-Platform Play
6. Re: Rocket League Adds PC/Xbox One Cross-Platform Play May 25, 2016, 16:46 descender

I know it's possible, but my teammates are scattered across the east coast so it's not really an option.

Most people won't even have a PC in a place where that many people could sit in front of it, not comfortably anyway.

News Comments > Rocket League Adds PC/Xbox One Cross-Platform Play
4. Re: Rocket League Adds PC/Xbox One Cross-Platform Play May 25, 2016, 14:21 descender

Huzzah, more 12 year olds to kick my ass in RL while I fail at flying.

This is one of the few games where I feel like PC has about 0 advantage

If anything, the lack of teammates sitting on the couch with you is a pretty big disadvantage in communication.

News Comments > Overwatch Launch Announcement
24. Re: Overwatch Launch Announcement May 24, 2016, 16:45 descender

I actually like slick's idea (no worries, I'm heading straight to the doctor)... that this was to stop the servers from shitting the bed on launch day. I can't see why they would leave it so slow when their most hardcore players will obviously complain.

Any competitive matches will just be played as custom games until then.

21. Re: Overwatch Launch Announcement May 24, 2016, 16:29 descender

It adds "at most 50ms" not always... but yes, that's basically how it works. Running a lower ticrate doesn't "help" people with high pings, it "hurts" people with lower pings because they aren't getting updates from the server as frequently. That's what I meant, anyway.  

News Comments > Dota 2 Beta Adds Vulkan Support
3. Re: Dota 2 Beta Adds Vulkan Support May 24, 2016, 15:23 descender

jdreyer wrote on May 24, 2016, 13:25:
I wonder what the point is. DOTA isn't a very graphically intense game to begin with.

This is their testbed for the newest source engine.

14. Re: Overwatch Launch Announcement May 24, 2016, 15:18 descender

And games like battlefield prove that no matter what your ticrate is, you can still have shit lag compensation attached to it.  

12. Re: Overwatch Launch Announcement May 24, 2016, 15:12 descender

The ticrate for OW is supposedly going to be slowly increased over time as they patch and improve the netcode. There is also a patch coming that will enable a 60 ticrate for custom games.

A 20 ticrate essentially normalizes every player to a 50ping. This is why they did it (right or wrong).

News Comments > Watch Overwatch in New Soldier: 76 Trailer
6. Re: Watch Overwatch in New Soldier: 76 Trailer May 23, 2016, 09:06 descender

I would not expect any SP campaign just because of these videos. This is just like the "Meet the..." videos that Valve released. They are literally replicating every aspect of TF2's success that they can... it would seem.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
20. Re: Steam Top 10 May 23, 2016, 09:03 descender

Yeah.      Alt+0160 is the secret to extra spaces on the interwebs.  

1983 Comments. 100 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo